SurePayroll

SurePayroll

SurePayroll online payroll services for small businesses make payroll easy. Run payroll online. Enter hours, review, approve. Ensure tax compliance.

Work for SurePayroll?

Learning about SurePayroll?

SurePayroll Reviews

Ask SurePayroll a Question
Showing 305 SurePayroll reviews
SurePayroll review by <span>Gabrielle L.</span>
Gabrielle L.

"One of the best payroll system out there"

What do you like best?

I really like how quick and easy it is to use the SurePayroll system. The tabs are not hard to find. I can review the payroll and see just how much taxes have to be paid. As a business spending to much time on tasks is not good. I need to quickly run payroll and get back to my job. SurePayroll is affordable as well because I can pay one price for up to 100 employees and run payroll as much as I need to without being billed for each time. The customer service is great. The representative treated me concern and care. They were happy to help me in any way within their power to do so.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though I register my work computer with the website I always have to request a verification code to log in. This is a bit time consuming because I just want to sign in and run payroll, instead of waiting for a code. I completely understand the security part, but if I am using the same computer over and over again, registering my computer should stay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone who is a small business owner and looking for a easy to use and affordable payroll system, SurePayroll is the best pick.

I am solving the problem of paying the correct amount of business taxes. SurePayroll does all the work for me. I realized that it is important to have a good payroll system in place to run a good business. Every small business needs SurePayroll.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SurePayroll
SurePayroll review by <span>John G.</span>
John G.

"Amazing customer service and an easy to use product"

What do you like best?

Their customer service as every bit as good as they claimed and then some. The product was pretty easy to use and when I ran into some hiccups they went well beyond I expected to address it. I use it to pay our nanny, so I'm about as small of a customer as they can have, but I'd never know it by how responsive and helpful they are.

What do you dislike?

They do require you to do some of the sign-up work yourself with the state/local governments, which for non-HR people (e.g., others using to legally pay the nanny) can be very frustrating. Other services that charge way more than surepayroll (SP) will do a lot of that for you. Dealing with the local governments was a huge pain, but SP helped and we got through it, and now it's smooth sailing at half the cost of their closest competitor. Also, I can never get the mobile app to work, but it doesn't bother me because their website works fine when accessed from my mobile browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to pay a nanny legally, then I highly recommend SurePayroll. If money is no concern, then go with one of the super full-service offerings or if you love love love tedious paperwork, monthly reporting to multiple local governments then DIY... otherwise SurePayroll is a great solution for you.

I use them to legally pay our nanny. They do all the paperwork. I don't know that I would have been even able to do it myself, but I certainly would not have the time or patience.

What Payroll solution do you use?

SurePayroll review by <span>Candace F.</span>
Candace F.

"Great payroll service for small business"

What do you like best?

This system is easy to use and easy to understand. You can get help easily when you need it and it covers everything you need to run a small business. There is no reason to sweat over payroll when you use an outsourced system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the repeated security code requests - but at the end of the day it's nice to know the data is secure. But one verification code per day would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and have a list of things you need your payroll service to provide. Then check off the boxes as you evaluate them to make sure everything you need is covered.

Direct deposit for our employees is the most important thing we provide in addition to accurate payroll processing, compliance with state and federal tax programs in addition to accurate 1099 filings. It's also a great way to do expense reimbursements and bonus pay. One less thing to have to worry about because they have it covered.

SurePayroll review by <span>Elizabeth A.</span>
Elizabeth A.

"New or Old Business, Great Payroll Services."

What do you like best?

Just open a New Company and there is so many things to do. Sure Payroll on the phone with a live video teach me everything I needed to know to get my Payroll up and Ready. Direct Deposit or printable checks is so easy, less than 5 clicks. Easy to add a new employee or delete an employee. Change dates to get paid easy and the reminds in my emails are great. There is no way to forget payroll.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. What company gives you 1 to 2 months no fees for your company to get a chance to start your business. Anything comes in the mail from IRS or Federal, you scan and send by email to your agent and that's it. What is there not to like. Plus, there was 1 small mistake from the system, and with only 1 call, I even got another no fee cost. That is 3 months FREE. Sure Payroll even for a very small fee sends you by Jan 10th the W-2. Great! Nothing to Dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy, fast and secure.

I only have 2 employees now, but I am already training another person and he got a form by me of information that is needed to be in Payroll. One of many benefits is that with very little clicks and my payroll is done. Print or direct deposit and that's it, More time to do more business.

SurePayroll review by <span>Jason A.</span>
Jason A.

"When it works, it works. When it doesn't it can take SEVERAL MONTHS of daily calls for resolution."

What do you like best?

SurePayroll is really easy to use. Just enter pay information and everything is done for you. I really like being able to preview payroll amounts quickly. This part of SurePayroll gets a 10/10 rating from me.

What do you dislike?

I was notified by my state that they have no proof of wage withholding taxes being paid -- for years! SurePayroll has been debiting my account to pay these taxes, which amount to thousands of dollars. SurePayroll has the correct state account information, but despite calling almost daily for the past two months, the company has not resolved this issue; they cannot prove that they paid the state any of this money. They have been extremely polite and customer service oriented -- EXCEPT for getting a quick resolution. SurePayroll, please help!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SurePayroll is a decent system. Room for improvement:

* Beware that you're paying for one payroll per *calendar month*. So, if you process March's payroll April 1st, and April's payroll April 30th, you'll pay for an unused payroll in March, March's payroll April 1st, April's payroll April 30th, and an unused payroll in May, if you process February's payroll at the end of February and May's payroll in the beginning of June. In other words, there's a chance you'll be charged extra processing fees, depending on when you process.

* Customer service is pleasant but unempowered. Don't expect issues to be resolved quicker than 2 months.

SurePayroll, except for their inability to deal with anything non-automated, has a good system for ensuring payroll is processed. It's something my business needs.

SurePayroll review by Administrator in Political Organization
Administrator in Political Organization

"Worst payroll provider I've ever seen - stay far away!"

What do you like best?

Honestly, nothing. I can't think of anything that worked well.

What do you dislike?

I'm a former customer and I have to encourage people to find another payroll provider. Surepayroll is the worst. When you own a small business, you just want your products and services to work and to get basic, competent, and respectful help when you can't. Surepayroll won't give you any of those.

They've messed up multiple payrolls in the short time and I wish I had just paid more for a real service, like an ADP.

If you're a customer, you'll expect long wait times and really poor customer service.

I tried cancelling today (February 7th), and Surepayroll is trying to tell me that they won't pay the taxes that they are holding for my empoyee. So in plain English - Surepayroll has taken taxes from my account is sitting on them, and won't send them to the IRS and state department of revenue unless i keep paying them through the end of the quarter. Cancellation should have been easy but the Surepayroll reps are trained to make it as hard as possible. One even played a neat game of saying she wouldn't cancel without me filling out more paperwork but quickly backed off when I told her that I didn't think this was legal.

You are charged a fee for payroll admin and reporting and if you cancel, the company should simply allow you to do that and then make the necessary payments (that they are holding, evidently) and file the reports. They claimed they wouldn't necessarily do that, which means you are not receiving the service they claim to provide.

Totally sketch, totally incompetent, and literally no redeeming qualities. Stay far away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look, maybe all of the budget providers are this bad. But I would encourage you to stay away and to look at other options. ADP or Quickbooks were priced a bit higher, but worked far better.

Basic payroll administration.

Learn more about SurePayroll

SurePayroll Videos

Learning about SurePayroll?

* We monitor all SurePayroll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.