SurveyCTO

A powerful, secure, super reliable online/offline mobile data collection app

Work for SurveyCTO?

Learning about SurveyCTO?

SurveyCTO Reviews

Ask SurveyCTO a Question
Showing 32 SurveyCTO reviews
SurveyCTO review by Zahid Z.
Zahid Z.

"Feels very complicated initially but can be very useful"

What do you like best?

You get your own link when you make an account with surveyCTO. I think this feature is very new and before using this software I had never even known that this was possible. All your surveys are listed down in a professional manner and every survey is given its own special name or ID / reference number. Even though there are other survey making software available I could use, I stick to SurveyCTO as I am now used to it

What do you dislike?

I think SurveyCTO is a bit too complex when it comes to making surveys. Even the simplest of forms can take a considerable amount of time as it requires a lot of effort. The registration can become a bit complicated when it comes to making surveys and deploying them for responses. Even I needed help when I initially started making surveys and it was after 5-6 times that I was able to make surveys on my own. So a lot of commitment required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't exactly recommend this software as this is very complicated. You must be ready to spend at least a few hours and external help to make your first few surveys

I started using this software a long time back and even though it was a menace initially, I got used to this. I am now making all my surveys on SurveyCTO and more so, all my surveys ever made are listed down in a professional and organised manner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SurveyCTO
SurveyCTO review by Schaumin C. A.
Schaumin C. A.

"Good Resource for Content Creators"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it allows me to design forms, collect data, monitor incoming data for quality, and learn from that data. In other words when I am looking for new content ideas, I can ask my audience in very specific ways into to gain invaluable insight on what interests them.

What do you dislike?

The user interface of SurveyCTO could be refined a bit more. The cost is also a bit off putting for say new startups in need of resources such as this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely look at your goals in terms of data, and create a strategy internally that works for your business, then implement SurveyCTO. The user interface is not the most innovative, but the results are worth the slow initial start up.

I am connecting with my audience better by getting a better feel of what truly interests them, and what they value most!

What Survey solution do you use?

SurveyCTO review by Lakhan M.
Lakhan M.

"A survey making software made for professional needs"

What do you like best?

The personalized link is one of the best features of this software. When you sign up you can choose survey's own hyperlink which could be shared with respondents. This was a unique feature which I haven't seen in any survey designing software.ALong with this, the pricing is highly competitive, worth the investment, the customer service is great - I can expect a response from the SurveyCTO team as soon as possible. Additionally, the feature of exporting the form/result in CSV format is also really impressive.

What do you dislike?

I think the design or the software layout is not as great as other survey making software. It could be improved. Although the website is easy to use and operate, it would have been better if the design of the software was a bit "colorful" with rich media involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend this to professionals who work in getting customer insights. Entrepreneurs need to change according to demand and SurveyCTO is a perfect way of getting ahead of the market changes

Serving as a manager in one of the country's top banks, I have to build excellent relationships with my corporate clients. Every once in a while, I design surveys and send out to my clients for the feedback. In this way they could express their opinions and I could improve my banking methods or personality. Getting positive responses will surely help me in my personal growth. Instead of having long conversations over the phone for getting feedback, I could just send out survey and get a complete analysis easily

SurveyCTO review by Isabel O.
Isabel O.

"Great software for electronic surveys"

What do you like best?

Survey CTO provides a great platform for survey design. Having a good programmed survey can avoid many errors and save a lot of time when dealing with data. Survey CTO has great features that allow very advanced programming. Also, the team is very responsive and very willing to make improvements,

What do you dislike?

Honestly I am very happy with this software. The only thing would be the way some calculate fields are exported as strings, I had some other feed back but we have suggested some changes to Survey CTO and they have Incorporated them into their new platform (for example the way "Other" options work).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn advanced functions. There is a lot to do beyond the basic commands that could improve your surveys a lot!

I work at an NGO that does big surveys in the filed and being able to use Survey CTO platform has allowed us to collect data of much higher quality. Its easier to control for mistakes when you have a well designed and tested survey.

SurveyCTO review by User

"Good Survey site experience"

What do you like best?

I like the nature of questions being asked in the survey. They are neither too hard nor irrelevant in nature. They are up to the mark and ask basic queries which will help in diagnosing the characteristics required to survey. We are allowed to give a negative opinion in the survey too and this will help everyone as they will know the real situation.

What do you dislike?

i dont dislike much of this site as it has a neat structure to it. The only thing that may be bothering me is to They are neither too hard nor irrelevant in nature. They are up to the mark and ask basic queries which will help in diagnosing the characteristics required to survey. We are allowed to give a negative opinion in the survey too and this will help everyone as they will know the real situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good work

SurveyCTO review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Excellent solution for surveys in developing country context"

What do you like best?

We have implemented large household and individual level surveys for a number of projects in countries in sub-Saharan Africa. SurveyCTO builds upon the robustness of ODK to allow us to collect complex data without regular access to an internet connection. CTO takes care of server management for you, so you can focus on what's important.

The available functions enable a lot of flexibility to introduce randomization and preloaded data which has enabled us to implement some simple economic experiments on tablets in rural areas, which previously would have required laptops running custom software.

The support is also great, queries are responded to very rapidly which is great when you're operating on tight deadlines. The team is also very open to suggestions for improvements and actively solicits feedback from their users.

What do you dislike?

One area which could be improved is the survey management options available. While the server does allow for different user types, additional features to assign interviews to specific enumerators and 'send back' problematic cases would be very helpful in managing field operations.

We conduct complex household surveys on a range of topics relating to agriculture in developing countries. Farming requires a lot of complicated inter-related activities, so to get data we want we need precise and reliable survey instruments that we can deploy in areas where internet access, or even electricity are not guaranteed.

Previously we had used paper questionnaires, which are subject to a lot of potential error and require a long period of manual entry before we receive data. With SurveyCTO we are able to impose constraints to ensure a high level of data quality and monitor results as they are completed in the field. Using the software we have been able to give feedback to our field teams while surveys are still ongoing and solve problems that previously would only be identified long after survey completion.

SurveyCTO review by Emmanuel M.
Emmanuel M.

"Excellent CAPI data collection service"

What do you like best?

This service is excellent in areas where it counts the most for a CAPI implementation: a reliable platform for online data collection. "Reliable" to us means zero data loss, zero downtime, and flexible survey instrument design.

As far as tech documentation is concerned, it is ODK-based so, on top of its basic help content, we can tap on existing ODK resources for additional help if needed, but this is rare.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a user account in between the access rights of a data manager and a form and data manager. There ought to be an account that allows access to datasets and downloading but not form management.

Also the limited visualization or chart options, which is just a basic daily tabulation chart of the live survey/ data collection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the standard service by which we will gauge other CAPI product offerings in the future, though at the moment, we are not contemplating this. We are fully satisfied with the product insofar as online data collection is concerned.

Being a hosted service, it addresses the need for a generally reliable service optimized for survey data collection on a pay-per-use basis. This avoids the need to buy the IT infrastructure itself and maintaining it, which can be costly and requires substantial technical expertise in both the IT side and the survey management side.

SurveyCTO review by Casey Katriel F.
Casey Katriel F.

"SurveyCTO makes 90% of CAPI 90% easier"

What do you like best?

Very knowledgeable, very responsive support staff who will provide very customized and informed guidance, typically within 2 hours.

What do you dislike?

Documentation used to be somewhat fragmented and poorly organized but there is a marked improvement with the SurveyCTO version 2.0 console.

Adapting SurveyCTO to follow survey logic or ask question formats that its designers didn't have in mind requires considerable creative thinking and imposes certain hard barriers on what you can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are doing something unusual, SurveyCTO almost certainly provides what you need, makes it simple, and is competitive on pricing.

We switched to SurveyCTO from other survey software in order to simplify the data management process. SurveyCTO certain does reduce the complexity and consequently reduces the number of places where data can get lost or mishandled. Thus it saves considerable time compared to our previous data flow.

SurveyCTO review by Perla V.
Perla V.

"Excellent option"

What do you like best?

Being able to simultaneously access all our data, the diversity of data quality controls and the excellent costumer service they provide!

What do you dislike?

That the platform and all its contents are only available in English. As it improves constantly, some of our personnel can't understand it right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem a little complicated at first, but once you get used to it, you can take advantage of all the features it provides! Start by watching the youtube videos and then try some of the templates! If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact the support team. They answer really fast and clear!

Using SurveyCTO has allowed us more flexibility in the activities we do. A great advantage for us has been using all the data quality tools and having a real-time access to the data we collect.

SurveyCTO review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Makes surveying so much simpler"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about SurveyCTO is that almost all of its features are easy to learn. Anyone who knows how to use Excel should have no problem picking it up quickly. It makes powerful surveying tools easily accessible to people without programming experience, for example built in audio-recording to monitor surveyors, speed checks, and easy implementation and visualization of GPS data.

What do you dislike?

This is probably a function of the ease I mentioned previously, but there are some limitations compared to other platforms when it comes to repeating blocks, or reusing questions or sets of questions in different settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's very simple to be up and running in a short amount of time, but it is also very powerful if you're willing to take a few days to explore its features.

As someone who has had to manage all aspects of a research project, in addition to the survey programming and data monitoring, SurveyCTO makes it so that a lot of the hassle from the technology disappears and I can focus on the other aspects of surveying, like training, reporting, dealing with stakeholders, etc.

SurveyCTO review by User in Research
User in Research

"Nothing comes close to SurveyCTO in terms of service, ease of use, functionality, and dependability."

What do you like best?

I have been managing household data collection activities in Uganda for three years. I have seen and used many different types of software, and nothing comes close to SurveyCTO in terms of service, ease of use, functionality, and dependability.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things that I could say that I dislike about the SurveyCTO platform. There are minor things in some of the formatting and functionality that I would tweak (which are mostly specific to my needs). I have a running 'wish list' with the developers and they have been very helpful in giving me useful 'workarounds' or incorporating suggestions into new realeases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service alone is worth making the switch.

I have always used SurveyCTO as a part of research project evaluating the impact of public / social programs / policies. We use SurveyCTO because it is a cost-effective, high-quality method for collecting data in the field.

SurveyCTO review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Great mobile survey product"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of it, SurveyCTO is pretty easy to use and has a lot of powerful features. They're very serious about security and data quality, and the product is very robust. Even if your survey has hundreds of questions, it still loads quickly on an old Android phone. And their support is very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

I found designing the forms in Excel to be a bit intimidating at first, but within a day I got the hang of it and realized it's not as hard as it seems. But I think it would be easier to get started with an easier form designer, which I think they're working on. I think it's a bit hard to figure out how to use some of the advanced features (e.g. filtering options within a question depending on previous responses) on your own, but luckily they can help you with that stuff. Unfortunately, there's no iOS version, just web and Android (although you can access the web version on iOS).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it can't hurt!

We're working on developing a mobile survey for home inspection and appraisals, replacing pencil & paper. The mobile version is much less error-prone and saves a lot of time since you don't have to input everything into the computer afterwards.

"Excellent survey tool "

What do you like best?

- The customer service is next-to-none. They respond almost immediately with very insightful solutions, often going beyond what we asking or pointing out potential pitfalls of an approach.

- We are able to have extremely complex survey designs, including preloading of previous surveys.

- The product ties in well with Stata, with some basic do-files already created for reshaping and labelling.

- The team continuously improves the product, taking into account user feedback. In the past year, the product has become very user-friendly, with the improvement of error messages, new export options, and fewer restrictions on changes to "live" surveys.

- Enumerators can use the tablet software in French. We also translate our survey in 3 languages, and you can easily switch languages during the survey.

What do you dislike?

- The ability to debug, validate, and test surveys is largely tied to having an internet connection. Working on forms without a reliable connection is frustrating in the learning stage because you cannot see errors until the form is uploaded.

We have done several large-scale household socioeconomic and agricultural surveys in Haiti, lasting between 4 and 7 hours per survey. Our data quality and turn-around time has greatly improved with respect to paper surveys.

SurveyCTO review by Internal Consultant in Research
Internal Consultant in Research

"A flexible, reliable, affordable and open mobile data collection platform"

What do you like best?

SurveyCTO is a great software platform for mobile data collection. The Form development process is very flexible and powerful, generally limited only by experience with the platform. Simple forms are however very easy to create and a little practice would lead to intermediate ability relatively quickly. SurveyCTO is very well documented too and its help resources contain numerous examples of how to implement form features.

Possibly one of the products strongest features is very good support. The Dobility support team offer timely and responsive feedback and are often happy to discuss future features for the product.

SurveyCTO also has many features which are advantageous for Stata users.

What do you dislike?

SurveyCTO being based on Open Data Kit is both an advantage and a limitation. It is part of the reason that SurveyCTO is very affordable. SurveyCTO's development path is still link to Open Data Kit for better and worse which is limiting in some specific scenarios.

This is however a minor complaint about a product which inevitably has a usable workaround when encountering limitations and all software has limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SurveyCTO is a great choice but if you're already an advanced used of another non-XLSForm platform, it will take you some time to learn how to do everything you need to do. The documentation is however very good, so if you read through it and start playing with some examples, you'll soon be up and running. If you haven't used any mobile data collection software before, the documentation is clear enough to help you get your head around. Familiarity with surveys, datasets and data quality concepts certainly helps.

The basic subscription is only $100 per month, so it is fairly small investment to try it out properly.

My company is a survey research consultancy that provides survey management services. We use SurveyCTO exclusively as our platform of choice for the surveys we run. We also develop forms using SurveyCTO for use on surveys managed by others.

We realise the general advantages of mobile data collection over pen and paper-based data collection (cost-saving and generally much higher quality data). I'm confident we would realise these benefits with another platform but SurveyCTO is also very affordable and the fact that its form specifications are based on an open standard (XLSForm) means that we are not necessarily tied in.

SurveyCTO review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Always One Step Ahead"

What do you like best?

First off, the SurveyCTO platform gives you a great deal of flexibility, but also support to ensure that you have the resources you need. They also are always one step ahead of the curve, building out new functionality before you even know you need it, that adds a great deal to our internal capacity. SurveyCTO has saved us countless resources in terms of in-house programming and technical expertise, and is a service we are excited to be partnering with for the long term.

What do you dislike?

The only product features that we would change have to do with the actual coding -- getting into complex survey designs often requires creative coding that jumps around the fixed rules of SurveyCTO. For instance, it is impossible to replace a variable value on the ODK rails, so you have to make a number of additional variables for longer instances. Again, this isn't SurveyCTO's fault, and is largely a constraint of the ODK universe, but can add work to our process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phenomenal support staff and incredibly easy interface.

Live data reporting and quick turnaround times for instrument development. The ability to enforce quality checks and accountable reporting have been invaluable as well.

SurveyCTO review by Akshay Govind D.
Akshay Govind D.

"Perfect combination of functionality, ease-of-use, and prompt user support"

What do you like best?

The team! While, the platform is efficiently designed and has offered all the functionalities that I needed in an intuitive fashion, the biggest plus for me is the team of engineers. They're ridiculously quick to answer questions and provide support, and they're very welcoming of feedback. SurveyCTO has made many aspects of my work much easier.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike yet. Really.

I use SurveyCTO for collecting data for empirical research. The biggest challenge for my work is make sure survey staff are asking the right questions as trained, and of the right people. I've found benefits on both fronts -- there are tools using which you can restrict what kind of responses are entered, and you can monitor the work of survey staff in several nuanced ways. Crucially, the scope of data workflows possible is tremendous.

Administrator in Research

"We have conducted a 6 month academic field research in Brussels."

What do you like best?

Our research included +_ 1000 questions with a sophisticated technical settings. Our research team consisted of 7 interviewers and we have reached to +_ 500 households. SurveyCTO was very helpful since the beginning of project. Even though we were not familiar with programming, the guideline and trailer videos are clear to build up a personal survey. Customer service was fast and efficient.

The system was also welcomed by the interviewers so easily. We worked with a team aged between 22-55, they all found the using of the program very easy.

What do you dislike?

My two recommandations for a future improvement would be about lay-out:

- When a survey ends up, there are two options: either to save and leave the survey OR to save and send the survey to the system. Once the survey sends to the system there is no way out to go back and edit the mistakes. For an interviewer the difference between these two actions can not be that clear sometimes, because technically it is so easy to make a mistake as the two buttons placed very closely.

- Second issue is about lay out again, once the survey is prepared to fill in by an interviewer, on the homepage there is an option allow to fill in, edit and send the survey as well as to erase all survey questionnaire (so al the data collected so far). The administrator can make this option invisible very easily but he/she has to change the settings each time physically from each tablet computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SurveyCTO to everyone who wants to switch their research tools to clean and safe technologies. It is safe, fast and very efficient!

I would recommend SurveyCTO to everyone who wants to switch their research tools to clean and safe technologies. No need to say that the electronic data collection is fast and practical. But it also enables a quality data analyse afterwards as it eliminates major errors of manual data cleanings.

SurveyCTO review by User in Higher Education

"Great survey software: easy to use and fabulous customer support"

What do you like best?

* Using SurveyCTO reduced the time needed to build and administer surveys compared to paper-and-pencil methods. In addition, as our enumerators got more practice with the system, our survey administration time dropped from three hours to two.

* The ability to audit enumerators is great!

* The ability to build in data checks improves data quality.

* We ran phone follow-up surveys, and were able to pre-load surveys with the household roster and other details from the baseline survey, reducing follow-up interview time dramatically.

* We also used the platform for experimental games and collected photo-matrix based social network information using the image-based question labels.

There are really very few limits to how sophisticated one can get with SurveyCTO. And it keeps getting better.

Also, the customer support team is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

We had some minor hickups at first, but this was very early on in the software's life. We have done many surveys since then, and during the last round of data collection, I don't think my team had any issues at all with the survey software.

We administered a sophisticated research-focused survey – administered by 20 enumerators across 1,800 farms in 107 rural Kenyan villages.

Being able to conduct the survey on Android tablets reduced the barrier between enumerators and respondents compared to laptop computers and improved survey speed and flow.

SurveyCTO review by User in International Trade and Development
User in International Trade and Development

"Great user-friendly software & excellent customer support"

What do you like best?

SurveyCTO has a quick learning curve. It makes it possible for anyone to pick it up quickly and program a survey - and having that power, instead of relying on a programmer, makes work much more efficient and high quality. You can check the logic of the questionnaire yourself, for example, or make a last minute change quickly without having to rely on a programmer to have the time. The company also has great customer support - pretty rare in programming - you can write a question to the helpline, however basic it might be, and get a quick response pointing you to the answer or the resources you need.

What do you dislike?

The software, when I used it last, had limitations for a survey with very complex logic, and sometimes unpredictable bugs. I'd think this is common to any software in development, though, and it wasn't really designed to take on the complex surveys I attempted with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it when you are deciding between softwares - you don't realize how easy it is until you give it a go. Don't hesitate to contact customer support if you need help.

The software reduces the cost of electronic surveys drastically, and makes the process much more efficient. The efficiency gains come from no longer needing to contact a programmer and wait forever to make changes, and from being able to review the logic yourself so there is no lose of data or inaccurate data (huge reduction in the time and cost of cleaning the data).

SurveyCTO review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Excellent product for electronic data collection and household surveying"

What do you like best?

The customer service (online support is what I've used most frequently) is extremely fast and so helpful. It has made all the difference when troubleshooting in some very time constrained situations. The documentation available on the site is very well-written and makes learning new tricks easy to pick up. The enhanced functionality beyond the ODK basics, and the ability to handle some pretty complex logic and constraints. Some of these include the concatenation functions, pulling data from earlier repeating groups, and importantly, the pre-load features including search. For multiple rounds of surveying, the amount of headache avoided by being able to preload data is incalculable. I know some users prefer an interface that doesn't require programming (eg many softwares provided user-friendly online interfaces with dropdowns, etc.) and this makes sense for a lot of users. However, I actually do prefer using the excel-based form for programming because I don't want to rely on having an internet connection to be able to work on the survey (although of course it is needed for actually uploading the form). Also, SurveyCTO includes a whole host of sophisticated quality control features including audio audits, speed limits, and other data quality features that in my experience go beyond what other platforms can offer.

What do you dislike?

There are some validation errors that pop up when you upload a form that are very helpful and descriptive, even telling you which line to go check. In some cases, though, the error message is not as helpful in pinpointing where the form broke. It would be great to have every error message be able to point the user in the right direction on the form to be able to troubleshoot more rapidly. It would also be very helpful to have additional "manager" type permissions where I could send a form back to someone for correction. We're used to fixing any errors ex-post with code in statistical programs, but in some situations, sending a form and "opening it back up" for the user to fix something would be very helpful. Would also like additional documentation added for some more complex scenarios (though the documentation already there is superb). Would also love to see validation that can limit the length of numeric inputs (maybe I haven't discovered this yet) - as of now we just find a way around this by limiting based on value constraints, but in some cases we might just have codes instead of values and that might not work.

No platform is perfect and none will work in all scenarios so when it comes to large household surveys, I actually don't know of anything that can handle as much as CTO can at the moment.

Use SurveyCTO regularly for programming and conducting comprehensive household surveys (and other types of surveys) for large impact evaluations; for a firm providing international monitoring and evaluation services. While our team does have to be flexible to accommodate the electronic data collection platforms that our local partners use, we have found that SurveyCTO meets our needs most consistently and when we are able to make the choice, working with our local partners, we usually default to SurveyCTO.

Administrator in Research

"SurveyCTO is a great, scalable platform for simple to complex data collection "

What do you like best?

One nice thing, among many nice things, is SurveyCTO's scalability. Even if you're not running a big show, but rather your own simple M&E project, you can get set up quickly on your own. Create a server on their website right away, pay by credit card, use the excellent online documentation and templates to get started, get lightning-fast support along the way, and then sit back and watch the data come in to your central server from wherever your Android devices are collecting survey information. Your staff will love how simple the forms are to work through, and they can even collect data offline to be sent to the server later.

Perhaps the best thing of all is how quickly new features are released. SurveyCTO knows what I want before I do. Highly recommended!

What do you dislike?

Needs more training videos! But the documentation and support are excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ODK might be sufficient on its own -- just avoid FormHub.

My international research organization trusts our millions (perhaps soon to be billions) of data points to be collected through SurveyCTO. We work in dozens of countries with often limited connectivity, with staff of extremely variable skill levels, with many different requirements for instruments/indicators, and with different process requirements. While super-complicated survey forms can take some time to put together, the combination of skip logic (relevance), response constraints, repeat-question tables, data preloading, random number generation, calculations, ability to connect forms to each other, and more will get you where you need to be. If you're doing something simple, you could be ready in minutes.

SurveyCTO review by R R.
R R.

"I have been using SurveyCTO from last 2 years."

What do you like best?

One click hassle free setup. Amazing ODK plus features with great support. Customized billing plans for organizations like us. Good discounted price. Excellent data security and new UI interface with loads of features.

What do you dislike?

Still dependent on x-forms for skip logic development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend SurveyCTO always as a best product.

SurveyCTO made digital data collection very simple and productive.

SurveyCTO review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Flexible, easy to use data collection platform"

What do you like best?

SurveyCTO makes it easy to program complex surveys and has many features to ensure that surveyors collect quality data. The help section of their website is incredibly thorough, and if you write-in to get support the response time is fast and the instructions are always very clear. SurveyCTO allows you to program surveys and collect data offline and sync later, and it's easy to make changes to the survey, even once you have begun collecting data. The interface is friendly and very easy for surveyors to use.

What do you dislike?

We have not encountered any issues using SurveyCTO.

We use SurveyCTO to collect quantitative and qualitative data from farmers. The ability to collect quality data offline has been a crucial benefit of using SurveyCTO.

SurveyCTO review by User

"Programmed several surveys with use of some optional features like datasets"

What do you like best?

Extremely user friendly with quick learning curve. Excellent for simple and medium complicated surveys.

What do you dislike?

Not suitable for very complicated surveys. Very limited "table" functionality makes it ill suited for surveys which include large amounts of agricultural, or consumption questions. It's difficult to do complex dynamic connections of information within surveys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is excellent software if the scope of your needs are within its capabilities. Don't try to push it too far.

Think very hard about the formatting of your survey and the necessary functionalities before beginning.

I used it for a series of surveys for academic research in impact evaluations. It saves a lot of money over more traditional CAI, and has much better data quality tan paper surveys.

SurveyCTO review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"great survey platform!"

What do you like best?

We loved hop each quiz had its own category and how many different ways there were to send out and receive surveys. We loved how useful and helpful this could be in research and in business settings.

What do you dislike?

We didn't really like the lay out and how similar it was to other survey applications. We were hoping to see different things or different offers.

we are trying to find a good survey platform.

Administrator in Research

"excellent data collection at baseline"

What do you like best?

easy to work on the form

the ability to upload forms without errors

its ability to upgrade a form

I like that is provides a data base for your survey submissions regardless of the bulk

What do you dislike?

Deleting redundant forms takes forever. Sometimes it even crashes your computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to program and friendly to use, i highly recommend.

I am working on development impact evaluation among slum dwellers in a sanitation project.

SurveyCTO review by Consultant

"Best experience with SurveyCTO"

What do you like best?

Best data collection program for anyone interested in electronic data collection. Design of questionnaire is easier, support page contains clear and straight explanations on how to design questionnaire with examples, including inserting logic check, reference data, export data and many other functionalities and most of all their support team response is very quick and reliable at any time.

What do you dislike?

Before their site update, I was unable to delete specific form once uploaded in the server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend considering the fact it can be used offline and mostly with android devices.

I use it for data collection in remote areas where it perform better using the Android devices.

SurveyCTO review by User in Research
User in Research

"A great experience and solution for data collection."

What do you like best?

The support team is awesome. Their promptly respond when there is an issue and they are open to new ideas.

I also like the fact that platform can generate do file to import data-sets and convert into stata.

What do you dislike?

Not any for now. Because there is always a way out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Friendly modern solution for data collection.

Research. Real time data submission and cost cutting during data collection with minimal errors.

SurveyCTO review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Supported many projects using SurveyCTO"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn/teach with no programming background. Great documentation.

What do you dislike?

Could use some more descriptive error messages and more robust export to Stata.

We're doing large-scale CAI surveys in low-connectivity environments. SurveyCTO's ease of use makes it simple to get project staff started working on their own surveys. Without SurveyCTO, we'd have to spend more on programmers and have longer turn-around time.

SurveyCTO review by Stephen O.
Stephen O.

"Best tool for data collection."

What do you like best?

SurveyCTO features that make complex data collection processes simpler.

What do you dislike?

This may not be SurveyCTO weakness but basic ODK problem. The dynamic flow of questions. In other words moving freely in between questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think SurveyCTO has the capabilities any potential customer with data collection needs is looking for.

Data flow process, quality assurance checks and randomization.

SurveyCTO review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great team with a great product"

What do you like best?

SurveyCTO has a very powerful survey design and datasets. The best part about it is the team - their support is quick and hugely helpful. You never have to wait long for their support. They also listen to feedback and act on it which is great!

What do you dislike?

Building forms in Excel is not suited to a lot of people. Having received this feedback though, a simpler formbuilder is on its way.

More accurate and speedy data collection has led to more responsive and accurate programming.

SurveyCTO review by manazir h.
manazir h.

"prdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjk"

What do you like best?

prdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksfffffffffffffdfksjsfkjk

What do you dislike?

prdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkfffffffffff

Recommendations to others considering the product

prdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjk

prdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdffffffffffffjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjksdfksjsfkjkprdfjkdfjks

Learning about SurveyCTO?

* We monitor all SurveyCTO reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.