SurveyCTO

A powerful, secure, super reliable online/offline mobile data collection app

Work for SurveyCTO?
Getfeedback survey  vs 2  2x

Learning about SurveyCTO?

SurveyCTO Reviews

Ask SurveyCTO a Question
Showing 32 SurveyCTO reviews
SurveyCTO review by <span>Zahid Z.</span>
Zahid Z.

Feels very complicated initially but can be very useful

What do you like best?

You get your own link when you make an account with surveyCTO. I think this feature is very new and before using this software I had never even known that this was possible. All your surveys are listed down in a professional manner and every survey is given its own special name or ID / reference number. Even though there are other survey making software available I could use, I stick to SurveyCTO as I am now used to it

What do you dislike?

I think SurveyCTO is a bit too complex when it comes to making surveys. Even the simplest of forms can take a considerable amount of time as it requires a lot of effort. The registration can become a bit complicated when it comes to making surveys and deploying them for responses. Even I needed help when I initially started making surveys and it was after 5-6 times that I was able to make surveys on my own. So a lot of commitment required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't exactly recommend this software as this is very complicated. You must be ready to spend at least a few hours and external help to make your first few surveys

I started using this software a long time back and even though it was a menace initially, I got used to this. I am now making all my surveys on SurveyCTO and more so, all my surveys ever made are listed down in a professional and organised manner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SurveyCTO
SurveyCTO review by <span>Schaumin C. A.</span>
Schaumin C. A.

Good Resource for Content Creators

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it allows me to design forms, collect data, monitor incoming data for quality, and learn from that data. In other words when I am looking for new content ideas, I can ask my audience in very specific ways into to gain invaluable insight on what interests them.

What do you dislike?

The user interface of SurveyCTO could be refined a bit more. The cost is also a bit off putting for say new startups in need of resources such as this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely look at your goals in terms of data, and create a strategy internally that works for your business, then implement SurveyCTO. The user interface is not the most innovative, but the results are worth the slow initial start up.

I am connecting with my audience better by getting a better feel of what truly interests them, and what they value most!

What Survey solution do you use?

SurveyCTO review by <span>Lakhan M.</span>
Lakhan M.

A survey making software made for professional needs

What do you like best?

The personalized link is one of the best features of this software. When you sign up you can choose survey's own hyperlink which could be shared with respondents. This was a unique feature which I haven't seen in any survey designing software.ALong with this, the pricing is highly competitive, worth the investment, the customer service is great - I can expect a response from the SurveyCTO team as soon as possible. Additionally, the feature of exporting the form/result in CSV format is also really impressive.

What do you dislike?

I think the design or the software layout is not as great as other survey making software. It could be improved. Although the website is easy to use and operate, it would have been better if the design of the software was a bit "colorful" with rich media involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend this to professionals who work in getting customer insights. Entrepreneurs need to change according to demand and SurveyCTO is a perfect way of getting ahead of the market changes

Serving as a manager in one of the country's top banks, I have to build excellent relationships with my corporate clients. Every once in a while, I design surveys and send out to my clients for the feedback. In this way they could express their opinions and I could improve my banking methods or personality. Getting positive responses will surely help me in my personal growth. Instead of having long conversations over the phone for getting feedback, I could just send out survey and get a complete analysis easily

SurveyCTO review by <span>Isabel O.</span>
Isabel O.

Great software for electronic surveys

What do you like best?

Survey CTO provides a great platform for survey design. Having a good programmed survey can avoid many errors and save a lot of time when dealing with data. Survey CTO has great features that allow very advanced programming. Also, the team is very responsive and very willing to make improvements,

What do you dislike?

Honestly I am very happy with this software. The only thing would be the way some calculate fields are exported as strings, I had some other feed back but we have suggested some changes to Survey CTO and they have Incorporated them into their new platform (for example the way "Other" options work).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn advanced functions. There is a lot to do beyond the basic commands that could improve your surveys a lot!

I work at an NGO that does big surveys in the filed and being able to use Survey CTO platform has allowed us to collect data of much higher quality. Its easier to control for mistakes when you have a well designed and tested survey.

SurveyCTO review by User

Good Survey site experience

What do you like best?

I like the nature of questions being asked in the survey. They are neither too hard nor irrelevant in nature. They are up to the mark and ask basic queries which will help in diagnosing the characteristics required to survey. We are allowed to give a negative opinion in the survey too and this will help everyone as they will know the real situation.

What do you dislike?

i dont dislike much of this site as it has a neat structure to it. The only thing that may be bothering me is to They are neither too hard nor irrelevant in nature. They are up to the mark and ask basic queries which will help in diagnosing the characteristics required to survey. We are allowed to give a negative opinion in the survey too and this will help everyone as they will know the real situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good work

SurveyCTO review by <span>Mike M.</span>
Mike M.

Excellent solution for surveys in developing country context

What do you like best?

We have implemented large household and individual level surveys for a number of projects in countries in sub-Saharan Africa. SurveyCTO builds upon the robustness of ODK to allow us to collect complex data without regular access to an internet connection. CTO takes care of server management for you, so you can focus on what's important.

The available functions enable a lot of flexibility to introduce randomization and preloaded data which has enabled us to implement some simple economic experiments on tablets in rural areas, which previously would have required laptops running custom software.

The support is also great, queries are responded to very rapidly which is great when you're operating on tight deadlines. The team is also very open to suggestions for improvements and actively solicits feedback from their users.

What do you dislike?

One area which could be improved is the survey management options available. While the server does allow for different user types, additional features to assign interviews to specific enumerators and 'send back' problematic cases would be very helpful in managing field operations.

We conduct complex household surveys on a range of topics relating to agriculture in developing countries. Farming requires a lot of complicated inter-related activities, so to get data we want we need precise and reliable survey instruments that we can deploy in areas where internet access, or even electricity are not guaranteed.

Previously we had used paper questionnaires, which are subject to a lot of potential error and require a long period of manual entry before we receive data. With SurveyCTO we are able to impose constraints to ensure a high level of data quality and monitor results as they are completed in the field. Using the software we have been able to give feedback to our field teams while surveys are still ongoing and solve problems that previously would only be identified long after survey completion.

Learning about SurveyCTO?

* We monitor all SurveyCTO reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.