* Using SurveyCTO reduced the time needed to build and administer surveys compared to paper-and-pencil methods. In addition, as our enumerators got more practice with the system, our survey administration time dropped from three hours to two.
* The ability to audit enumerators is great!
* The ability to build in data checks improves data quality.
* We ran phone follow-up surveys, and were able to pre-load surveys with the household roster and other details from the baseline survey, reducing follow-up interview time dramatically.
* We also used the platform for experimental games and collected photo-matrix based social network information using the image-based question labels.
There are really very few limits to how sophisticated one can get with SurveyCTO. And it keeps getting better.
Also, the customer support team is fantastic.
We had some minor hickups at first, but this was very early on in the software's life. We have done many surveys since then, and during the last round of data collection, I don't think my team had any issues at all with the survey software.
We administered a sophisticated research-focused survey – administered by 20 enumerators across 1,800 farms in 107 rural Kenyan villages.
Being able to conduct the survey on Android tablets reduced the barrier between enumerators and respondents compared to laptop computers and improved survey speed and flow.