SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo is an online survey software tool for designing online surveys, collecting data and performing analysis.

Work for SurveyGizmo?

Learning about SurveyGizmo?

SurveyGizmo Reviews

Ask SurveyGizmo a Question
Showing 324 SurveyGizmo reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SurveyGizmo
SurveyGizmo review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"Questioning its value"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo is easy to use and allows me to get my surveys up and running quickly.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the pricing changes and limitations added in recent years. I now get a lesser product at 4 1/2 times the cost. How in the world is that acceptable? Case in point, I used to be able to distribute the surveys to as many people as needed. Then they limited it to number of people that could be engaged in any one campaign. Now they cap at 10,000 per month - on my multi-user account. How they think any serious market researcher can operate under that constraint defies me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I'd look elsewhere. Service decreases and constraints increase constantly (and without regard to your annual contract). I don't know where things net out, but the trend is troubling.

Survey Gizmo helps me collect business data on behalf of clients. It's extremely powerful and easy to use survey software.

What Survey solution do you use?

SurveyGizmo review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"My favorite tool for surveys. "

What do you like best?

The Survey gizmo interface is very simple and easy to use. People of all ages can set up a surgery very quickly. Also, it is inexpensive so, I have the freedom to make as many surveys as I like. Where I work, I have to survey the consumers of our products too see if they enjoyed their purchases, any complaints, and how to make our products better/suggestions.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t dislike anything about Survey Gizmo.

In my job, Survey Gizmo has eliminated the process of people having to take surveys on paper. It is really simple to use and I can survey a lot of people without them having to leave the comfort of their homes/they have the ability to do it at any time that is convenient to them. The benefits include not wasting paper, more activity, and reading data is very simple.

SurveyGizmo review by Konstantin D.
Konstantin D.

"Excellent tool, but much of the functionality is limited to higher-tier pricing"

What do you like best?

Surveygizmo is simple to use and has good automation capabilities, such as piping answers to new questions, sending emails/notifications based on responses. Plus you can customize the layout of each question with your own HTML (header, description, etc).

I like the function to review partially complete responses, then download an export and send a reminder campaign to finish the responses, which is very useful for long questionnaires. You can also send a link to edit a response to the user.

The support is lightning-fast and very friendly.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. They used to be more open, but about a year ago decided to move into the enterprise space more and locked most of the features under more expensive plans from $1000 a year, whereas you can get SurveyMonkey for $400 a year. If you're paying something like $300 for a basic account, you don't get even to remove the system's branding from your survey or edit the layouts of your questions. It has become very very restrictive.

On the level of functionality, I think they could improve on integration with email tools or improve the internal mailer. For example, it would be great to send email to participants and make it easier to pre-populate the "name" fields with data from the CRM or emailer.

I run business surveys for market research purposes. Mostly using the basic functions like designing surveys, using reports, downloading exports, building new surveys from the old.

SurveyGizmo review by Erik L.
Erik L.

"Good platform for simple surveys"

What do you like best?

SG offers an easy to use platform for setting up and executing simple surveys. I like the survey creation tools, ability to add your own respondents, and how easy it is to test & share the survey with other collaborators.

What do you dislike?

The survey building tools assume that you have some familiarity with the type of questions. It takes some playing around with the question types to get it right. Also the pricing is somewhat high for paid products and and the limitations with the free tools are fairly significant. Report generation and charting are not easy - much easier to export results to Excel.

I have been able to capture and analyze the Voice of the Customer in fairly easy ways, which has yielded significant insights on opportunities to improve the brand and customer experience.

SurveyGizmo review by El-Noor R.
El-Noor R.

"Very quick to create sophisticated forms, assessments, surveys, feedback"

What do you like best?

Superior Product overall and I have evaluated many of them, including SM.

-- very versatile product to create not just surveys, but training assessments and forms such as on-boarding.

-- a wide array of questions

-- I never thought I would need this, but CSS has come in handy to improve the rendering

-- regular expressions (RegEx) to validate field entry

-- scripting using both SG's API or JavaScript, this is necessary since not all functionality is part of the UI (yet).

-- Oh, yes, unlike SurveyMonkey, you can create logic actions to send emails

What do you dislike?

-- you need to use scripting to grey out fields instead of using logic just like how you show/hide fields.

-- greying out fields is useful when passing URL parameters or you pass the survey/form to others to complete and you do not want them to edit certain fields.

-- begin able to show more than 5 fields in Results

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your Rubric criteria, for example:

-- show/hide fields based on logic of other fields

-- email based on logic

-- integration to other tools such as box, crm

-- scripting for some heaving lifting tasks

-- questions such as ranking, heat maps, custom grid

-- field validation (RegEx, date, email, numeric)

-- asset library

-- piping, url parameter passing

-- able to pass the survey URL to someone else

-- responsive (mobile ready)

-- providing self-serve forms without calling or sending a ticket to IT for projects, issues, tasks, for example minimal training to show users how to create assessment forms or on-boarding/off-boarding without using InfoPath (which will be end of life soon)

SurveyGizmo review by Valeria M.
Valeria M.

"SurveyGizmo has helped me build a better company."

What do you like best?

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is that it is a program that easily offers immediate results to its clients along with the fantastic opinions it provides, and the design so illustrative that has gradually developed in its interface, SurveyGizmo is a very compromising software which has undoubtedly achieved a fantastic ranking in the pollsters, thus offering a comfortable and safe place to all its customers.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about SurveyGizmo are its prices, I think they are really high, improving these prices would contribute a lot to your customers because it would offer more job opportunities and more financial opportunities within today's companies, this software has to work very hard in this financial arena, since they rely on to be able to get a nice audience who is comfortable using this software and paying for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SurveyGizmo because I consider it to be a software that goes in an excellent direction, in an appropriate way and committed to its consumers.

SurveyGizmo has helped me a lot to build and improve within my company, has helped me to undertake socially, a very serious company and committed to its employees and services, has helped us along with the opinions it provides, a power to play us better and build our best staff.

SurveyGizmo review by Julián P.
Julián P.

"Good tool but they doesn't respect clients"

What do you like best?

It was a good tool with the benefit-cost ratio that it offered. The functions are sufficient for any person or company that requires surveys and operates quite well.

What do you dislike?

I was a client of them for about eight years. Everything good changed and it went badly. The product, the characteristics, the commercial conditions, the form of payment. Everything got worse for the customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend this tool. After having trained many people in my organization, to have purchased hardware to use offline survey functionality, to have configured servers and others to make use of our domain. They decided to change the rates by eleven times the value we paid before for eight years. It can be very risky for any company that makes decisions within the framework of this tool because they do not care how their changes affect customers. They only wanted to charge 11 times more money for the same service. I feel that they are an unreliable and abusive organization. The product is good, you can buy them, but for me, there are other alternatives much cheaper and not worth taking risks with surveygizmo.

We conduct market research for our company and different clients. We used the offline survey service when we were in environments where internet connection was not possible. We use it to do service surveys and online surveys. It is a robust tool with multiple functionalities.

SurveyGizmo review by Bhavesh N.
Bhavesh N.

"Greedy, unconscionable, all for money."

What do you like best?

A few years ago, SurveyGizmo had a product that a few of their competitors could match. Many of their features were not available on any other platforms. Advanced quizzes, deep calculations, and a lot of freedom in structuring surveys and quizzes are very powerful.

What do you dislike?

They started changing their pricing structure a few years ago and many of their users, including me, fell into their higher tiers. I am a light user as the surveys I was developing had some advanced features but I had extremely light traffic. Over the last few years, until I cancelled with them about a year ago, I had to pay them serious money host 2 surveys with a very little traffic, primarily because they were elusive about their policies on downgrading and what it would do to my data.

I asked them many times to let me downgrade to a lower tier plan because I was not using the very frequently. Their replies were vague. They also changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me more. They put me on a "legacy plan" and I could not use some of the features any more.

Thankfully, the survey provider landscape had changed quite a lot over the last few years. There are many new players coming into market. A new provider I have switched to supports everything that SG did and does it better than them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, steer clear.

Learned many of the jargon, capabilities, of the survey business. Created some innovative surveys using their software that I was later able to transfer to other providers.

SurveyGizmo review by Tony G.
Tony G.

"Acer Computer Uses Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to learn and to use and new surveys or edits can be made very quickly and easily. Exporting the data for our analysis is also a quick and easy task. Help & Support features within the tool are excellent.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I do not like. There is a capability to stylize the surveys with logos, colors, images, fonts, etc. Some of those capabilities seem rather rudimentary and so may not allow for all the options that a professional graphic designer might like to employ for a glitzy look & feel. But the options available have provided everything that I (NOT a graphic designer) would want to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We find the standard licensing offer to be quite adequate for our needs. But if you require a higher volume of users or additional assistance and support for analysis, etc., the Enterprise version may be a better fit.

I have been the primary administrator and user of this tool for several years. We use it for global user satisfaction surveys that are emailed, as well as for pop-up website surveys within our Service/Support operations and other ad hoc surveying needs. The use of SG has helped us to easily gain very valuable feedback fro our customers on a steady basis.

SurveyGizmo review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Not my favorite survey platform, but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

You can customize the look of each survey so it fits with your brand. The autoreply feature (when you can get it to work) is nice--it sends a response or confirmation for you so you don't have to do it yourself. I like how you can manipulate the survey response boxes and move them around to reorder or change the look of your survey.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of experience working with Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey and find their platforms to be slightly more intuitive. Also, SurveyGizmo seems very slow--there is always a lag when I try to save my work or move to another part of the site. This can feel very frustrating if I have a lot to do and am trying to put my survey together quickly.

We use this tool to register attendees for conferences and other work events. It's much easier to manage than using paper registration forms or fielding hundreds of emails for each event.

SurveyGizmo review by Jacob H.
Jacob H.

"Great Platform, Great Support Staff"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of SurveyGizmo is the ability to customize the users experience. I constantly customize basic surveys to transform into all different types of tools such as, assessments, event feedback, training follow up, and other items such as employee engagement surveys. I enjoy that I can automate quite a bit of features/exports. I work between many different groups and am able to support them all at the same time. Most of the time I have around 30+ active surveys on top of the 500+ feedback surveys that are constantly collecting data.

What do you dislike?

Changes that take place and aren't communicated. This seems nitty-gritty when looking at SurveyGizmo as a whole, but there have been changes that affect my experience when creating surveys that are not communicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application, they seem to be still building tools around managing the Enterprise Account. They are constantly making upgrades and improvements to improve the application.

Better understanding of training/communications feedback along with our relationship with outside vendors.

SurveyGizmo review by Sidney C.
Sidney C.

"Survey Gizmo is a top choice platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user interface and how intuitive it is to use. I've used a lot of different survey platforms and I've settled on this one. I like the crosstabs that you get out on the back end and how you can pull in data you have on your contact list to create logic in the survey.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to group responses on the back end when reporting, for example, if a question is a 1 to 5 rating, having the platform be able to spit out a top 2 box rating. As of now, you need to download the file in order to create top 2 boxes in excel or SPSS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a really good platform that is continually trying to improve. I have ideas for improvements but they seem to listen and they have more options for question types available than other platforms. Thumbs up.

We are able to pull the voice of the consumer into our and our clients business decisions.

SurveyGizmo review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"Excellent tool. Great customer service."

What do you like best?

The tool is straightforward to use and very efficient. Plus, it has deep capabilities. I've been able to do pretty much anything I've needed to do over three years of enterprise survey building.

We migrated this tool after being frustrated with Vovici/Verint. SG has much improved functionality, better support, and is just gets the job done better.

When I've had problems, SG staff have been very helpful. I've not been able to resolve issues 100% of the time, but that's how it goes for any software. Their staff are knowledgeable and committed... real people who care.

Overall:

-Easy to use

-Rich features

-Good support

Also, I took their training seminar when it came to our area, and it was fantastic. I was able to meet multiple SG staff, work through some obstacles, and now I know people who work there if I need to reach out/follow up.

What do you dislike?

They've gone through some transitions on their approach to customer support, moving away from chat. I like chat the most for my questions. This is not a huge issue for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conduct a trial. Interact with their staff. If it seems good, it is good... there is not bait and switch here.

Enterprise surveys on customer satisfaction, global salary survey, photo contests, market research, internal, others.

SurveyGizmo review by Adi S.
Adi S.

"A great survey software - incredible value for money and significant flexibility"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely flexible and includes a lot of features.

Very reliable (in terms of downtime - don't experience much, and only on back end).

Very friendly to learn and use.

Support is quick usually responds within a day. Also, there is a large community which can also be used to find solutions.

The platform supports custom scripting which makes the surveys really customization to most needs.

The move from previous software was intuitive.

Can be used as completely white-label.

What do you dislike?

Plans and pricing changed in the last year, and now for collaboration you must purchase a team edition which is much more expansive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not sure you can start with a 7-day trial or one of the simple subscriptions, and grow as you need.

As a market research firm, we use SurveyGizmo all the time, in most of our research projects. In fact, anytime data collection is involved.

SurveyGizmo review by Monique A.
Monique A.

"A great tool for all my survey needs"

What do you like best?

It is hard to narrow it down to one thing so here are a few. There is a wide variety of question types, many more than other survey tools I have used. In particular, I like using custom tables to capture information on a variety of topics. I love the auto-responder that can send customized e-mails to me and members of my team giving us just the needed information in any format we choose to have it. The API integration with Salesforce is a powerful tool for us in keeping our content up-to-date without having to manually update records. I like how I can choose which fields to update and which to just gather the data on. Importing a Microsoft Word document to create a survey is a big time saver.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about SurveyGizmo. We sometimes have very long questions and options for answers. I would like to be able to compress the headers in my exports more than I am able to with just question aliases.

SurveyGizmo helps me to be more efficient and to automatically do some of the busy work that used to take time away from more high-priority projects. Maintaining up-to-date information in our database used to be a full-time job. Through the API connections, I am able to manage large quantities of updates without doing manual updates. It saves me a ton of time.

SurveyGizmo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Market Researcher"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is perhaps the most affordable surveying software available, which makes it very accessible when resources are tight. Additionally, the platform is easy enough to navigate that non-researchers can field surveys with very little background or experience. This has been beneficial for some of the junior researchers that work on my team because it is not as intimidating as some of the more technical platforms.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with SurveyGizmo is limited functionality for comprehensive market research studies. What is considered standard logic in other platforms, such as Decipher, is considered "advanced" logic in SurveyGizmo. It lacks what should be basic functionality for any survey software--for example, the ability to shuffle answer options in the same order as the random shuffling pattern used in a previous question or randomizing by groups and within groups (without having to manipulate javascript). Additionally, the interface makes survey programming and QA'ing incredibly labor-intensive. Basic commands and preferences are buried within several tabs/clicks away--I very much miss the ease of use from platforms like Decipher where you can simply check a box in the survey building interface without having to click through several tab options to get to a very basic control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've sent members of our team to the SurveyGizmo conference every year simply to take advantage of the face-time. It seems to be especially beneficial for members of our team who are new to survey programming--the conference provides a general overview of programming features and how-tos as well as private meeting times to discuss your particular needs/wants in-depth.

Our agency runs approximately 30 or so market research surveys per year. SurveyGizmo is the most cost effective option for our current scale of projects. Despite all of the platforms shortcomings and additional hours that must be dedicated in order to achieve the functionality we need, it is far cheaper than competitors like Qualtrics or Decipher.

SurveyGizmo review by Chrissy R.
Chrissy R.

"Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

I like that this is easy for our guests to give us feedback about our service. It is a great way to see how your doing by giving your guests a questionnaire to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. It has helped us a lot to be more efficient and customer friendly

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything I think they do a really good job. It is super easy to use for people and that is important

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful way to find out from your customers how you are doing. The platform is easy to use and will help you to do your job even better.

We are solving lots of things by learning what we are doing right and wrong. The benefit is to be able to fix the problems before it becomes a bigger issue that would possibly end up with us getting bad reviews online. We certainly want our guests to be happy so we want to do things that they love more and fix what they don't love

SurveyGizmo review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"User unfriendly "

What do you like best?

I like that you can load a list of names while a pending a list of passwords

What do you dislike?

Various functions are not obvious on how to make changes and things are not labeled very clearly and it takes a lot of time to explore each of the features and try to understand what they do

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something simpler to manage

The only reason that we use survey gizmo is because we need to be able to marry a list of passwords to user names so that we can add to the list to the survey before we release it so that when people come into the survey they can enter their password and have all the information pre-populated

SurveyGizmo review by Allie C.
Allie C.

"Great product, less than ethical company"

What do you like best?

The Salesforce integration is great and the variety of question types is really awesome. The tool is really powerful, and there's a lot you can do with it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the company tried to raise my price by 400%. There are also a lot of limitations around NPS, and quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Salesforce user, it may be the best choice. Just beware of the company's history of raising prices like crazy. Once you've got it glued up to Salesforce, switching costs are high, so the company kind of holds you hostage.

The problem that SurveyGizmo solves for us is being able to gather customer feedback and integrate that data with Salesforce CRM

SurveyGizmo review by Jorge A.
Jorge A.

"SurveyGizmo has helped me build a better company"

SurveyGizmo review by User in Financial Services

"Make surveys easy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can have multiples users using the same account and it is easy to share between multiple users. It also is easy to use analytical features.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that this cost more money than other options such as SurveyMonkey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to anyone looking to build a comprehensive survey. You an also use it to run analytics on the data you receive. We also use the data that is gathered to present to larger groups and it looks very comprehensive and detailed.

We use this software to test potential ideas and to gain feedback on projects and events. I am also not a very analytical person and this allows me to easily run analytics on the results that we receive. Although it does cost more than Survey Monkey, it is better for running heavier analytics.

SurveyGizmo review by Nani N.
Nani N.

"Very neat and clean interface."

What do you like best?

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is its design and presentation of the web page software that it has, it has very attractive colors that demonstrate being able to maintain a concentration in my employees so that in this way they can perform a clean and efficient job, if we see little by little the colors they use, they abound between pink and blue, they are colors that do not distract at the moment that work is being done and also maintain an absolute comfort in each one of my workers. The designs that the surveys possess are quite attractive, with a small background, with the exact information, and with diverse ways of work such as video or images implemented, I hope that this way of working never changes because it is what gives life to the program and makes it one of the best in pollsters.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the prices that this program has, because they exceed $ 1000 per month, something that seems to me a total exaggeration, I think that this program should have a certain price-software agreement, and try to consider ways to not damage the financing that each company has, so that those who buy the software, are happy with its use. I hope that this program thinks about us who pay for it and who think that it is not easy to pay such high prices, if they decrease them they will be taken more into account and it will be taken as a very valued software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program to all the companies that have the need for good opinions and more detailed, because with this software they will be able to obtain quite good opinions and very statistically.

This software has greatly benefited me since for a while, we received not very good opinions, and often did not come with so many details, did not explain very well what the client wanted and how we could improve, thanks to the fact that we implemented this software in my We have managed to obtain various benefits and maintain a communication with the client and what each of them likes.

SurveyGizmo review by User

"SurveyGizmo Review"

What do you like best?

I really like SurveyGizmo as a basic survey software the best. They have an easy to use interface where adding questions is simple and fast. They also have many different question types to choose from - some even being very advanced. I also like the back-end programming options. We connected this tool to our internal programs and it is a seamless experience.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I see with this tool is that sometimes there are glitches in Internet Explorer that go away in other browsers. Also, they have no advanced dashboard, analytics, or statistical modeling/predictive features. It would be nice if they offered text analytics as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all survey types; very inexpensive

We use this platform for our customer-facing surveys because it integrates nicely with our internal applications and SQL databases. The biggest benefit is its robust capabilities for little dollars.

SurveyGizmo review by Marcos Gabriel C.
Marcos Gabriel C.

"SurveyGizmo"

What do you like best?

Overall:

-Easy to use

-Rich features

-Good support

Note 1000

What do you dislike?

The only real downside I have found in the software is that adding logic to your questions can be quite repetitive. I will hold my hands up to say that I have not asked them if there is an easier way, but I have often found myself going into the edit mode of each question one-by-one to add the same logic in. But we can easily accomplish 90% of what we need to do with Survey Gizmo with limited/no workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The survey goes out to all new and renewing clients each month, to see how we are doing against their expectations. The panel depth has been outstanding for getting responses from virtually any audience we have needed to reach.

SurveyGizmo review by Katheryn B.
Katheryn B.

"Counter-intuitive but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Any software that allows us to survey our employees and customers will likely be tried at least once. This software allows a number of different question types, which helps to get a better picture of peoples' opinions. Also, the version we use is free, so there is no cost associated with the product.

What do you dislike?

The software is very counter-intuitive. Many times I have pressed one button thinking it does one thing when it actually does something else. Frequently our trainees are confused as to why certain applications are operated the way they are and many have pointed out easier alternatives. We will likely be switching in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's handy if you have a very analytical mindset. Otherwise good luck mastering the minutia.

We are getting a better sense of our customers' and employees' viewpoints on a number of issues such as workplace climate, customer service, and ideas for improvement.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"indispensable tool for my job"

What do you like best?

SG offers a tool that is so versatile and customizable for survey. With its variety of components I can craft survey forms that suit particular needs of clients. It is easy to use. And the support team is great.

What do you dislike?

There are numerous features that are too advance for me and I don't know how to use it. Sometimes I wish to create something and I know the platform can accommodate, but because I am not capable enough I was stuck like a dog that cannot open a food can.

I am a management consultant. Sometimes I need to do some surveys to get the info needed. Every time I must custom make a survey. SG makes it possible for me to do so.

SurveyGizmo review by George B.
George B.

"have been an good experience"

What do you like best?

Fantastic team, very professional, agile and have a great know how of the survey world.

I have been using the survey site for many years and quite impressed of how it has been improving over the years and still doing this all the time, someone can see there's a great team working behind, willing to deliver a great solution and to support the customer quickly and in many ways to achieve his objective.

What do you dislike?

all is good, I just miss an online good translator since I do surveys in several languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use Gizmo, it a unique experience!

As ISO certified, our company needs to run regular surveys.

From business side, the need is also the same, we need to get close to our customer and measure his satisfaction using our systems and products.

We also need to know what our customer likes to suggest and improve ourselves.

We gain time by using Pols or surveys and easy collecting reports to exploit the results

SurveyGizmo review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"Avid User"

What do you like best?

The vast array of features is extremely useful when designing surveys. Add to that the price point and the excellent support you receive and it is an amazing value. I have used SG for years now and would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing survey platform.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things I can say here. Even features that are not available, can easily be developed with some custom programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform for most, it has an intuitive interface, beautiful reporting, all of the features you could ask for, and some of the best customer support I have experienced.

Currently, I use SurveyGizmo to collect project information from clients. It helps cut down the back and forth emails and phone calls to gather information during the early phases of a project. I have also used it for numerous webforms.

SurveyGizmo review by Tali G.
Tali G.

"Great tool for surveys "

What do you like best?

Once you get how the interface is working, it's a really great product. I love their microcopy and the way they show the results after you start to get responses on your survey. They offer a lot of different options for surveys that I didn't find anywhere else, like the possibility to upload a list of contacts with pre-defined information and then use this information for your survey. You can also email your survey right from inside the platform and then set up reminders and other messages. After your survey is closed, you can filter responses by question or by field and see exactly which contact are having issues with your product. Also great customer support!

What do you dislike?

Price is a bit high, for us as a product company that used surveygizmo for one survey we only paid for one month.

Also the interface of the product is a bit confusing, after a while you get how it's working, but in the free version where almost everything is locked it's confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, wonderfully made. Great support so don't be shy to reach out to them. Very helpful and attentive. The survey gave amazing results that we couldn't even dream of.

We wanted to send a survey to users on our website and use basic information about how they use our product in the survey. We wanted to be able to see if users that responded negatively even used our product, and get a feel of what is the general consensus about our product.

SurveyGizmo allowed us to upload a list of contacts with information we took of our database into their website. When we emailed the survey to our users (through the surveygizmo website) each user got an individual link and their responses was recorded alongside the information we uploaded. This allows us to see a more complete view of our users and how they use our product.

SurveyGizmo review by Blake T.
Blake T.

"SurveyGizmo was easy and efficient with many options to go deeper"

What do you like best?

I was able to easily craft a quick but detailed survey for my community. And the more questions I created the more I was able to see the depth provided in the types of questions available. It wasn't just yes/no, or fill in the blank with some multiple choice questions. Plus the ability to branch off of some questions was really cool as well. Plus it was easily used by my community without any hiccups.

What do you dislike?

If there was anything I would recommend to the SurveyGizmo crew I would suggest a pricing tier between the free and the basic plan. I would expect that once folks got their feet wet with the middle ground plan they would be ready to jump up to the basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. If you want to first create a free survey to get a feel for things that's fine. But you'll soon see the depth and power of it.

I run an online community. I was looking to gather feedback on how people were interacting with each other in the community and what they would like to see added to improve things.

SurveyGizmo review by Jacqueline J.
Jacqueline J.

"The Gizmo is great - you won't be disapointed!"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Survey Gizmo for many years and am impressed with their ability to listen to feedback and improve their product.

Whilst it is very easy to use and to some may seem too simple - the power of SurveyGizmo comes to the forefront when you need to create complex surveys.

Their customer service is second to none and they truly want to help (and do).

What do you dislike?

There is not one thing that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - you have nothing to lose. When you become a customer I recommend the following:

1. Experiment. The Gizmo is not just a survey tool. You can use it for so many business functions.

2. Take the time to go through their awesome training videos and How To Guides.

3. Ask for help - the TAT for assistance has been brilliant (and I am in Adelaide, Australia)

4. Provide your feedback and suggestions (the peeps at Gizmo really do listen and respond)

Various surveys companywide, gap analysis for training, skills audits for training, engagement surveys and more.

I have also used The Gizmo for not survey related tasks such as delivering videos for learning, upskilling and informing multiple employees, providing evidence for HR compliance and more.

So far there is nothing it can't do that I have come up with.

SurveyGizmo review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Love the Giz"

What do you like best?

There are several features I love. Life is so seriously and it's great to use a product that interjects fun into it. I love features like "Never Mind." Make me smile. I also love the tech support. A lot of companies have tech support on line, but with Survey Gizmo the person you are chatting with will ask you to email them the file or they'll do a video of what they are doing on their screen and share it with you. VERY personal and a great customer service touch!

What do you dislike?

I have it hard to search for topics in the "help" area. I don't always know how to phrase my question to look for what I need so I use the chat feature a lot more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the great customer support

We are an international company and love being able to translate the survey to the languages in our various regions.

SurveyGizmo review by Hoang Ha P.
Hoang Ha P.

"Great and affordable survey platform"

What do you like best?

- User friendly interface, easy to write questionnaire and set up logic

- Quite good-looking internal theme with moderate theme modifying capability

- Great reporting and data exporting feature

What do you dislike?

- Question logic is still quite simple, not supporting an easy way to validate answers on answers from other questions.

- Reporting not fully support Vietnamese. I have to translate my reporting values into English.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick and affordable survey platform, look no further - SurveyGizmo is your top choice. Easy survey creating, data collecting and analyzing - all in one place. One big plus is their fast customer support. You always feel you're heard when communicating with SurveyGizmo.

Currently I'm doing multiple customer research for our company. Surveygizmo provides a fairly quick and easy way to create and distribute questionnaire. Reporting tools is also good for quick overview of the results.

SurveyGizmo review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"Nimble, intuitive way to run and administer surveys"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo has done a really good job of removing duplicative effort from the creation experience with their robust copy features for a single question, a page of questions, or even an entire survey. I also love the Crosstab Reporting feature and opportunites that it opens up for further analysis.

What do you dislike?

Customer support response time can be very slow. Also, we signed up at a certain price point but about 7 months later, they changed up the whole pricing model on us, resulting in higher fees. They did "grandfather" us in with a discount, but we were a little dismayed by how quickly the pricing had gone up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the 2-day training workshop after you have been using the tool awhile (6 months or so). It was worth it.

We use SG for assessment engagements in our consulting practice - to assess the knowledge and needs of end users. We also use it to collect and aggregate the data on impressions when our clients attend software demos. We use it internally to conduct inventories of hardware and other systems our mobile workforce has in place. We have used surveys to send workshop results back to participants and use the survey to enable them to prioritize the outcomes.

SurveyGizmo review by April B.
April B.

"Great for simple surveys, but don't try to do anything too complex"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using SurveyGizmo. It is a simple program and you can do a lot with little effort using this program. There are also options to make things more complicated depending on how much money you want to spend and if you want support from SurveyGizmo employees. Overall, it is a great program and affordable.

What do you dislike?

Some things are not just possible with this software. If you want more complicated skip patterns or more personalized things, then you have to pay a lot more or it just isn't possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to contact the staff support at SurveyGizmo. They are very helpful and friendly individuals. Many products and companies aren't willing to help you, but that is not the case at SurveyGizmo. Take advantage of that!

I have used SurveyGizmo in a number of capacities. As a student, this program was a easy solution for setting up meetings, doing quick audits in classes or clubs for things I was involved in, and we used it campus wide. Now, as a research assistant, we use this on certain projects to perform research. I have used this program in very simple and very complicated ways. It works well for both, but I would say that simple is MUCH easier and less time consuming.

SurveyGizmo review by User

"SurveyGizmo"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is relatively easy to use. Surveys are never really fun, but if the software is user friendly that surely helps. The program is really interactive, so it helps you to be more ingaged instead of just clicking yes or no over and over. Also, we typically get our results back quicker than that of other survey softwares the agency has utilized in the past.

What do you dislike?

Well, taking surveys are never a joy for me. The software itself is okay. However, since the surveys are so interactive and require thought and more than just yes or no answers, some users rather not bother taking it. Of course, this sometimes skews our results.

As a federal employee, we take surveys for a multitude of things.

For instance, we take quarterly federal employee view point surveys. This allows us to give our opinion on various aspects of work life balance. The wait time for results have decreased since using this program.

I also heard from coworkers that survey gizmo is cheaper than other programs.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Straightforward and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive so if you don't know how to do something you can figure it out for yourself. The system is clearly set up for researchers to use because of the way it is laid out. It's easy to copy and paste questions into the platform and test as you go. It handles different types of questions and can easily display logic and skip patterns.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I don't like about SurveyGizmo. The set up is different from other survey platforms I have used so sometimes it takes a moment to remember how to set up a question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several other survey platforms and I find SurveyGizmo to be the most comprehensive.

We are able to provide primary research data to clients who cannot afford to go with a large vendor. This is helping us to earn additional dollars.

SurveyGizmo review by Jill C.
Jill C.

"Business data we can act on"

What do you like best?

We use SurveyGizmo on our training tutorials for clients to determine whether or not we're meeting their training needs. We pass a unique course ID to the same survey URL which allows us to use a single survey for all of our training, then report on each individual training title.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features can be difficult to use but overall we are able to get what we need from the automatic reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that your survey is asking the right questions in order to glean the information you need to make sound business decisions.

SurveyGizmo data allows us to capture the voice of the client (VOC) in order to make changes not only to our training but to our products. We have been able to better manage our workload when it comes ot updating training content.

SurveyGizmo review by Bart M.
Bart M.

"Powerful yet easy to use solution for complex surveys"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo was one of the mainy survey tools we reviewed in a trial period before eventually making the leap to Surveygizmo. We have recently started our second year using the service for multiple surveys. The simplicity of the tool, the convenience for creating surveys combined with the multitude of complex possibilities is incredibly powerful. I guess we use the tool very extensive as we also use their custom scripting language which makes it even more powerful. Most of us aren't programmers, yet we can easily work with the code examples their wiki provide you with.

What do you dislike?

Most "annoying" are the regular updates which make you sometimes need to look for something you were accustomed to, but then again, this is just a minor remark as changes illustrate their dedication to improving the service every now and then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are dealing with very simple surveys, SurveyGizmo might seem too much for you. If you create a lot of surveys or you want a powerfull tool that can handle anything you have in mind, than probably SurveyGizmo is the best tool to consider (and buy).

We have researched multiple solutions to find SurveyGizmo to be most competent. Our complex methodology survey solution is perfectly feasible with the platform. This was never before the case with any other tool we used before.

SurveyGizmo review by Ali S.
Ali S.

"Great price for a great product all around"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the surveys and the willingness of the people at SG to help us find the best solutions. Being so close in Fort Collins, they've even sent someone up to help us directly with our usage of it. I love that it's accessible from any smartphone without the need to download an app. It's also such a great product for a great price - we use it every week for at least 40 people, and no matter the frequency or number of people we have using it, the price remains the same. It's really become invaluable to us, and after seeing our department use it, other departments at our company have since switched to SG.

What do you dislike?

When creating surveys, there are a lot of tabs in which useful things are hidden (i.e. alphabetizing the choices in a dropdown list) that aren't super intuitive to go into. Also, creating reports/exporting data has a lot of options that can be overwhelming, since I'm not even sure what the difference is between all of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since they're constantly improving, there is no downside to SG. Any issues that you may find with their software, you can ask the help forum and there's either already a solution, or they'll start working on it.

We need to collect a lot of data, and it all needs to be in the same format. We're obsessed with maintaining data integrity and making sure there are no errors or misspellings - SG allows us to do that with total ease!

SurveyGizmo review by John R.
John R.

"Very robust and easy to use"

What do you like best?

As far as features go, SurveyGizmo has exactly what we need. This includes things like MaxDiff and card sorts and easy formatting for a slick survey. It has the easy stuff too like check boxes and radio buttons and Likert scales but it allows us to offer a sophisticated survey without the giant price tag of a Qualtrics or other tool. We're a small shop and this was a perfect fit.

Also, the reporting is pretty slick too and we sent auto reports to our client, which they loved.

What do you dislike?

Some of the documentation was sparse in terms of getting some of the piping to work. However, I noted that in my review to SurveyGizmo and they reached out to me in hours to get further feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed.

We did some message testing for a hospital and it was a perfect tool to provide us some excellent baseline information and single out the message we needed to make an audience impression.

SurveyGizmo review by Eoghan T.
Eoghan T.

"Useful, but sometimes tedious."

What do you like best?

I really like the survey themes. They look really professional.

The survey builder is really intuitive. The home page has a nice layout.

Most things on the platform are really intuitive. I did not have to go searching too long to figure out how to achieve something.

What do you dislike?

The platform does not really handle audio files very well. I was often presented with errors when trying to upload audio files. I ended up hosting the audio files on Soundcloud and embedding the Soundcloud player into the survey. This approach worked great, but it was very tedious mindless work...especially since I made use of over 150 audio files. This approach took days.

I did not like how the survey results were presented to me. I employed a lot of randomisation. It was confusing when the provided pdfs had scrambled question numbers. I had to contact survey gizmo support to get my head around this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Begin designing the survey early, especially if you intend to use audio files.

I was conducting research. I was examining how early reflections affect the perceived distance of a sound source. In particular, I examined if the number of early reflections a listener receives affects the perceived distance of a sound source. I also examined if a change in the stereo width of early reflections results in a change in perceived sound source distance.

SurveyGizmo review by Pat M.
Pat M.

"Best bang for the buck - and more!"

What do you like best?

Simple to use for beginners yet it has tons of advanced features (advanced scripting features as well as API access). Also, SurveyGizmo's tech support is comparable to American Express (top notch!!).

What do you dislike?

The quota management system is weak relative to other high-end software. It's as good as (if not better than) any quota management system in survey software in its price range - but SurveyGizmo is the best software in it's price range and I personally would like to see a stronger quota management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For beginners, SurveyGizmo offers decent features that allow you to program together a fairly complex questionnaire quite easily, but it has some limitations. You could pay thousands and thousands of dollars more and get a little bit better "basic" or "out of the box" features with Qualtrics.

What makes SurveyGizmo so much more powerful than other survey software is it's scripting tool. Based on PHP, it's very flexible (not completely flexible) and gives you enormous control over your survey and much more. With a little creativity, the things you can do are mind-boggling.

For the truly advanced users, SurveyGizmo has an API that is incredible. I've heard about users who barely ever login to the survey tool to build surveys, manage projects, get reports, download data, etc.

We are able to accommodate complex questionnaires that require unusual features while paying one reasonable monthly flat rate and no "per complete" or "per contact" fees that other firms charge.

SurveyGizmo review by Elise D.
Elise D.

"Survey Gizmo has all my love"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is my favorite tool that I use for anything, ever. The interface is intuitive, their customer support is spectacular, and everything I make using SG looks really great too. Once, I ran into a bug in the survey report tool and reached out to support to see if they could do anything. They apologized, and gave me a temporary workaround, and I expected that to be that. However, two weeks later when the bug was fixed, the same support person reached out to me to let me know it was fixed and I could go back to using my old system without the workaround.

What do you dislike?

When they first rolled out the new report, there were a fair number of bugs, and I think I managed to run into all of them. However, their customer support was always helpful and made sure I was able to get my job done, even with the tool not functioning properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do any amount of data collection/surveying - from customer service surveys to voting to so much more - SG is the best.

I'm able to get information from our members in faster, more intuitive ways. I've been especially having fun lately with different ways I can incorporate surveys into our emails - it makes my job easier and our data better.

SurveyGizmo review by Amy Z.
Amy Z.

"On-the-field assesments"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of the survey questions and how easy it is to create a survey. There are also a TON of reporting tools that are great, and most things are intuitive in how to use them.

What do you dislike?

There are so many of the reporting tools that sometimes you can't find what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great piece of software that is capable of almost anything!

We are continually assessing how teams and partners are working together on the field. We utilize the reporting tools often to rate our teams and partners based on the results. It also allows us communicate with our insurance company when an issue arises, which is great.

Just today I created a new survey for our teams, and I was astonished by the different ways I can ask a question!

SurveyGizmo review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Many features - some you may not need"

What do you like best?

Great place to build survey and save data.

What do you dislike?

The customization is great but almost offers too much. It becomes a little difficult to follow the logic of setting up questions. The process of setting up the survey is not as intuitive as it should be. It takes a lot of testing to be sure the survey works as designed & to see exactly what customers will see. The reporting is good but I feel the data it produces could be improved. Sometimes the reporting comes out a little wonky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test your survey thoroughly before sending it to potential survey takers to ensure you work out any kinks.

We use surveygizmo to follow up with our customers after important events, product launches, and more.

SurveyGizmo review by Tiffany J H.
Tiffany J H.

"Great for maxdiff studied"

What do you like best?

A very simple yet powerful set of tools for sending surveys. I was able to easily produce a variety of surveys and get significant results for a brand promise study.

What do you dislike?

I really didn't have any problems other than sometimes forgetting where certain settings were in the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I also used their panel service and had great results with the survey at a very reasonable price.

I was working to understand what customers really needed from our product and found out some fascinating insights about the market in which we operate.

SurveyGizmo review by Slava K.
Slava K.

"Nice tool for surveys"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop configurations, lots of question types, lots of standardized questions. You can build a robust survey in minutes and then send it out for feedback. Then you can use it to collect all the data and analyze it right in the tool or export to excel/csv. I love the visualization of the data.

What do you dislike?

For the people answering the survey the entire Save process is not intuitive. We use it to collect customer info and they always complain that they cannot share the survey with other people. It does work but its an awful user experience.

Surveys are used for sales enablement, sales lead qualification, assessments, collecting customer information. SurveyGizmo replaces spreadsheets or manual and unstructured notes with the exact same set of questions being sent to all users.

SurveyGizmo review by Sue T.
Sue T.

"Great survey instrument!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of building a survey and the "canned" reports are clear and provide great visuals. I also like the ability to easily export out data for internal analysis. As my team has grown, the ability to organize the work by teams makes navigating the home screen much easier. When I've needed support, they are very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

I work in healthcare and I cannot use Survey Gizmo for any patient surveys or confidential data due to privacy and security policies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test drive it and you'll be hooked. I introduced new team members to the tool, and they were comfortable and confident in building and distributing surveys with just a 15 minute orientation.

We often need to take quick opinion polls of physicians, nurses and staff or collect participation and evaluation data that can be rapidly analyzed. Survey Gizmo is perfect for this use! The built-in reports allow us to quickly review and share outcomes and move forward with projects and operations.

Learn more about SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo Videos

Learning about SurveyGizmo?

* We monitor all SurveyGizmo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.