SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo is an online survey software tool for designing online surveys, collecting data and performing analysis.

Work for SurveyGizmo?

Learning about SurveyGizmo?

SurveyGizmo Reviews

Ask SurveyGizmo a Question
Showing 302 SurveyGizmo reviews
SurveyGizmo review by <span>Chrissy R.</span>
Chrissy R.

"Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

I like that this is easy for our guests to give us feedback about our service. It is a great way to see how your doing by giving your guests a questionnaire to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. It has helped us a lot to be more efficient and customer friendly

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything I think they do a really good job. It is super easy to use for people and that is important

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful way to find out from your customers how you are doing. The platform is easy to use and will help you to do your job even better.

We are solving lots of things by learning what we are doing right and wrong. The benefit is to be able to fix the problems before it becomes a bigger issue that would possibly end up with us getting bad reviews online. We certainly want our guests to be happy so we want to do things that they love more and fix what they don't love

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SurveyGizmo
SurveyGizmo review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.

"Questioning its value"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo is easy to use and allows me to get my surveys up and running quickly.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the pricing changes and limitations added in recent years. I now get a lesser product at 4 1/2 times the cost. How in the world is that acceptable? Case in point, I used to be able to distribute the surveys to as many people as needed. Then they limited it to number of people that could be engaged in any one campaign. Now they cap at 10,000 per month - on my multi-user account. How they think any serious market researcher can operate under that constraint defies me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I'd look elsewhere. Service decreases and constraints increase constantly (and without regard to your annual contract). I don't know where things net out, but the trend is troubling.

Survey Gizmo helps me collect business data on behalf of clients. It's extremely powerful and easy to use survey software.

What Survey solution do you use?

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Sara P.</span>
Sara P.

"My favorite tool for surveys. "

What do you like best?

The Survey gizmo interface is very simple and easy to use. People of all ages can set up a surgery very quickly. Also, it is inexpensive so, I have the freedom to make as many surveys as I like. Where I work, I have to survey the consumers of our products too see if they enjoyed their purchases, any complaints, and how to make our products better/suggestions.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t dislike anything about Survey Gizmo.

In my job, Survey Gizmo has eliminated the process of people having to take surveys on paper. It is really simple to use and I can survey a lot of people without them having to leave the comfort of their homes/they have the ability to do it at any time that is convenient to them. The benefits include not wasting paper, more activity, and reading data is very simple.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Konstantin D.</span>
Konstantin D.

"Excellent tool, but much of the functionality is limited to higher-tier pricing"

What do you like best?

Surveygizmo is simple to use and has good automation capabilities, such as piping answers to new questions, sending emails/notifications based on responses. Plus you can customize the layout of each question with your own HTML (header, description, etc).

I like the function to review partially complete responses, then download an export and send a reminder campaign to finish the responses, which is very useful for long questionnaires. You can also send a link to edit a response to the user.

The support is lightning-fast and very friendly.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. They used to be more open, but about a year ago decided to move into the enterprise space more and locked most of the features under more expensive plans from $1000 a year, whereas you can get SurveyMonkey for $400 a year. If you're paying something like $300 for a basic account, you don't get even to remove the system's branding from your survey or edit the layouts of your questions. It has become very very restrictive.

On the level of functionality, I think they could improve on integration with email tools or improve the internal mailer. For example, it would be great to send email to participants and make it easier to pre-populate the "name" fields with data from the CRM or emailer.

I run business surveys for market research purposes. Mostly using the basic functions like designing surveys, using reports, downloading exports, building new surveys from the old.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>El-Noor R.</span>
El-Noor R.

"Very quick to create sophisticated forms, assessments, surveys, feedback"

What do you like best?

Superior Product overall and I have evaluated many of them, including SM.

-- very versatile product to create not just surveys, but training assessments and forms such as on-boarding.

-- a wide array of questions

-- I never thought I would need this, but CSS has come in handy to improve the rendering

-- regular expressions (RegEx) to validate field entry

-- scripting using both SG's API or JavaScript, this is necessary since not all functionality is part of the UI (yet).

-- Oh, yes, unlike SurveyMonkey, you can create logic actions to send emails

What do you dislike?

-- you need to use scripting to grey out fields instead of using logic just like how you show/hide fields.

-- greying out fields is useful when passing URL parameters or you pass the survey/form to others to complete and you do not want them to edit certain fields.

-- begin able to show more than 5 fields in Results

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your Rubric criteria, for example:

-- show/hide fields based on logic of other fields

-- email based on logic

-- integration to other tools such as box, crm

-- scripting for some heaving lifting tasks

-- questions such as ranking, heat maps, custom grid

-- field validation (RegEx, date, email, numeric)

-- asset library

-- piping, url parameter passing

-- able to pass the survey URL to someone else

-- responsive (mobile ready)

-- providing self-serve forms without calling or sending a ticket to IT for projects, issues, tasks, for example minimal training to show users how to create assessment forms or on-boarding/off-boarding without using InfoPath (which will be end of life soon)

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Valeria M.</span>
Valeria M.

"SurveyGizmo has helped me build a better company."

What do you like best?

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is that it is a program that easily offers immediate results to its clients along with the fantastic opinions it provides, and the design so illustrative that has gradually developed in its interface, SurveyGizmo is a very compromising software which has undoubtedly achieved a fantastic ranking in the pollsters, thus offering a comfortable and safe place to all its customers.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about SurveyGizmo are its prices, I think they are really high, improving these prices would contribute a lot to your customers because it would offer more job opportunities and more financial opportunities within today's companies, this software has to work very hard in this financial arena, since they rely on to be able to get a nice audience who is comfortable using this software and paying for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SurveyGizmo because I consider it to be a software that goes in an excellent direction, in an appropriate way and committed to its consumers.

SurveyGizmo has helped me a lot to build and improve within my company, has helped me to undertake socially, a very serious company and committed to its employees and services, has helped us along with the opinions it provides, a power to play us better and build our best staff.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Tony G.</span>
Tony G.

"Acer Computer Uses Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to learn and to use and new surveys or edits can be made very quickly and easily. Exporting the data for our analysis is also a quick and easy task. Help & Support features within the tool are excellent.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I do not like. There is a capability to stylize the surveys with logos, colors, images, fonts, etc. Some of those capabilities seem rather rudimentary and so may not allow for all the options that a professional graphic designer might like to employ for a glitzy look & feel. But the options available have provided everything that I (NOT a graphic designer) would want to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We find the standard licensing offer to be quite adequate for our needs. But if you require a higher volume of users or additional assistance and support for analysis, etc., the Enterprise version may be a better fit.

I have been the primary administrator and user of this tool for several years. We use it for global user satisfaction surveys that are emailed, as well as for pop-up website surveys within our Service/Support operations and other ad hoc surveying needs. The use of SG has helped us to easily gain very valuable feedback fro our customers on a steady basis.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jacob H.</span>
Jacob H.

"Great Platform, Great Support Staff"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of SurveyGizmo is the ability to customize the users experience. I constantly customize basic surveys to transform into all different types of tools such as, assessments, event feedback, training follow up, and other items such as employee engagement surveys. I enjoy that I can automate quite a bit of features/exports. I work between many different groups and am able to support them all at the same time. Most of the time I have around 30+ active surveys on top of the 500+ feedback surveys that are constantly collecting data.

What do you dislike?

Changes that take place and aren't communicated. This seems nitty-gritty when looking at SurveyGizmo as a whole, but there have been changes that affect my experience when creating surveys that are not communicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application, they seem to be still building tools around managing the Enterprise Account. They are constantly making upgrades and improvements to improve the application.

Better understanding of training/communications feedback along with our relationship with outside vendors.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Sidney C.</span>
Sidney C.

"Survey Gizmo is a top choice platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user interface and how intuitive it is to use. I've used a lot of different survey platforms and I've settled on this one. I like the crosstabs that you get out on the back end and how you can pull in data you have on your contact list to create logic in the survey.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to group responses on the back end when reporting, for example, if a question is a 1 to 5 rating, having the platform be able to spit out a top 2 box rating. As of now, you need to download the file in order to create top 2 boxes in excel or SPSS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a really good platform that is continually trying to improve. I have ideas for improvements but they seem to listen and they have more options for question types available than other platforms. Thumbs up.

We are able to pull the voice of the consumer into our and our clients business decisions.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Adam R.</span>
Adam R.

"Excellent tool. Great customer service."

What do you like best?

The tool is straightforward to use and very efficient. Plus, it has deep capabilities. I've been able to do pretty much anything I've needed to do over three years of enterprise survey building.

We migrated this tool after being frustrated with Vovici/Verint. SG has much improved functionality, better support, and is just gets the job done better.

When I've had problems, SG staff have been very helpful. I've not been able to resolve issues 100% of the time, but that's how it goes for any software. Their staff are knowledgeable and committed... real people who care.

Overall:

-Easy to use

-Rich features

-Good support

Also, I took their training seminar when it came to our area, and it was fantastic. I was able to meet multiple SG staff, work through some obstacles, and now I know people who work there if I need to reach out/follow up.

What do you dislike?

They've gone through some transitions on their approach to customer support, moving away from chat. I like chat the most for my questions. This is not a huge issue for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conduct a trial. Interact with their staff. If it seems good, it is good... there is not bait and switch here.

Enterprise surveys on customer satisfaction, global salary survey, photo contests, market research, internal, others.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Adi S.</span>
Adi S.

"A great survey software - incredible value for money and significant flexibility"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely flexible and includes a lot of features.

Very reliable (in terms of downtime - don't experience much, and only on back end).

Very friendly to learn and use.

Support is quick usually responds within a day. Also, there is a large community which can also be used to find solutions.

The platform supports custom scripting which makes the surveys really customization to most needs.

The move from previous software was intuitive.

Can be used as completely white-label.

What do you dislike?

Plans and pricing changed in the last year, and now for collaboration you must purchase a team edition which is much more expansive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not sure you can start with a 7-day trial or one of the simple subscriptions, and grow as you need.

As a market research firm, we use SurveyGizmo all the time, in most of our research projects. In fact, anytime data collection is involved.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Monique A.</span>
Monique A.

"A great tool for all my survey needs"

What do you like best?

It is hard to narrow it down to one thing so here are a few. There is a wide variety of question types, many more than other survey tools I have used. In particular, I like using custom tables to capture information on a variety of topics. I love the auto-responder that can send customized e-mails to me and members of my team giving us just the needed information in any format we choose to have it. The API integration with Salesforce is a powerful tool for us in keeping our content up-to-date without having to manually update records. I like how I can choose which fields to update and which to just gather the data on. Importing a Microsoft Word document to create a survey is a big time saver.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about SurveyGizmo. We sometimes have very long questions and options for answers. I would like to be able to compress the headers in my exports more than I am able to with just question aliases.

SurveyGizmo helps me to be more efficient and to automatically do some of the busy work that used to take time away from more high-priority projects. Maintaining up-to-date information in our database used to be a full-time job. Through the API connections, I am able to manage large quantities of updates without doing manual updates. It saves me a ton of time.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

"User unfriendly "

What do you like best?

I like that you can load a list of names while a pending a list of passwords

What do you dislike?

Various functions are not obvious on how to make changes and things are not labeled very clearly and it takes a lot of time to explore each of the features and try to understand what they do

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something simpler to manage

The only reason that we use survey gizmo is because we need to be able to marry a list of passwords to user names so that we can add to the list to the survey before we release it so that when people come into the survey they can enter their password and have all the information pre-populated

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Allie C.</span>
Allie C.

"Great product, less than ethical company"

What do you like best?

The Salesforce integration is great and the variety of question types is really awesome. The tool is really powerful, and there's a lot you can do with it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the company tried to raise my price by 400%. There are also a lot of limitations around NPS, and quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Salesforce user, it may be the best choice. Just beware of the company's history of raising prices like crazy. Once you've got it glued up to Salesforce, switching costs are high, so the company kind of holds you hostage.

The problem that SurveyGizmo solves for us is being able to gather customer feedback and integrate that data with Salesforce CRM

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jorge A.</span>
Jorge A.

"SurveyGizmo has helped me build a better company"

SurveyGizmo review by User in Financial Services

"Make surveys easy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can have multiples users using the same account and it is easy to share between multiple users. It also is easy to use analytical features.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that this cost more money than other options such as SurveyMonkey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to anyone looking to build a comprehensive survey. You an also use it to run analytics on the data you receive. We also use the data that is gathered to present to larger groups and it looks very comprehensive and detailed.

We use this software to test potential ideas and to gain feedback on projects and events. I am also not a very analytical person and this allows me to easily run analytics on the results that we receive. Although it does cost more than Survey Monkey, it is better for running heavier analytics.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Nani N.</span>
Nani N.

"Very neat and clean interface."

What do you like best?

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is its design and presentation of the web page software that it has, it has very attractive colors that demonstrate being able to maintain a concentration in my employees so that in this way they can perform a clean and efficient job, if we see little by little the colors they use, they abound between pink and blue, they are colors that do not distract at the moment that work is being done and also maintain an absolute comfort in each one of my workers. The designs that the surveys possess are quite attractive, with a small background, with the exact information, and with diverse ways of work such as video or images implemented, I hope that this way of working never changes because it is what gives life to the program and makes it one of the best in pollsters.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the prices that this program has, because they exceed $ 1000 per month, something that seems to me a total exaggeration, I think that this program should have a certain price-software agreement, and try to consider ways to not damage the financing that each company has, so that those who buy the software, are happy with its use. I hope that this program thinks about us who pay for it and who think that it is not easy to pay such high prices, if they decrease them they will be taken more into account and it will be taken as a very valued software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program to all the companies that have the need for good opinions and more detailed, because with this software they will be able to obtain quite good opinions and very statistically.

This software has greatly benefited me since for a while, we received not very good opinions, and often did not come with so many details, did not explain very well what the client wanted and how we could improve, thanks to the fact that we implemented this software in my We have managed to obtain various benefits and maintain a communication with the client and what each of them likes.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Erik L.</span>
Erik L.

"Good platform for simple surveys"

What do you like best?

SG offers an easy to use platform for setting up and executing simple surveys. I like the survey creation tools, ability to add your own respondents, and how easy it is to test & share the survey with other collaborators.

What do you dislike?

The survey building tools assume that you have some familiarity with the type of questions. It takes some playing around with the question types to get it right. Also the pricing is somewhat high for paid products and and the limitations with the free tools are fairly significant. Report generation and charting are not easy - much easier to export results to Excel.

I have been able to capture and analyze the Voice of the Customer in fairly easy ways, which has yielded significant insights on opportunities to improve the brand and customer experience.

SurveyGizmo review by User

"SurveyGizmo Review"

What do you like best?

I really like SurveyGizmo as a basic survey software the best. They have an easy to use interface where adding questions is simple and fast. They also have many different question types to choose from - some even being very advanced. I also like the back-end programming options. We connected this tool to our internal programs and it is a seamless experience.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I see with this tool is that sometimes there are glitches in Internet Explorer that go away in other browsers. Also, they have no advanced dashboard, analytics, or statistical modeling/predictive features. It would be nice if they offered text analytics as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all survey types; very inexpensive

We use this platform for our customer-facing surveys because it integrates nicely with our internal applications and SQL databases. The biggest benefit is its robust capabilities for little dollars.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Marcos Gabriel C.</span>
Marcos Gabriel C.

"SurveyGizmo"

What do you like best?

Overall:

-Easy to use

-Rich features

-Good support

Note 1000

What do you dislike?

The only real downside I have found in the software is that adding logic to your questions can be quite repetitive. I will hold my hands up to say that I have not asked them if there is an easier way, but I have often found myself going into the edit mode of each question one-by-one to add the same logic in. But we can easily accomplish 90% of what we need to do with Survey Gizmo with limited/no workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The survey goes out to all new and renewing clients each month, to see how we are doing against their expectations. The panel depth has been outstanding for getting responses from virtually any audience we have needed to reach.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Katheryn B.</span>
Katheryn B.

"Counter-intuitive but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Any software that allows us to survey our employees and customers will likely be tried at least once. This software allows a number of different question types, which helps to get a better picture of peoples' opinions. Also, the version we use is free, so there is no cost associated with the product.

What do you dislike?

The software is very counter-intuitive. Many times I have pressed one button thinking it does one thing when it actually does something else. Frequently our trainees are confused as to why certain applications are operated the way they are and many have pointed out easier alternatives. We will likely be switching in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's handy if you have a very analytical mindset. Otherwise good luck mastering the minutia.

We are getting a better sense of our customers' and employees' viewpoints on a number of issues such as workplace climate, customer service, and ideas for improvement.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>George B.</span>
George B.

"have been an good experience"

What do you like best?

Fantastic team, very professional, agile and have a great know how of the survey world.

I have been using the survey site for many years and quite impressed of how it has been improving over the years and still doing this all the time, someone can see there's a great team working behind, willing to deliver a great solution and to support the customer quickly and in many ways to achieve his objective.

What do you dislike?

all is good, I just miss an online good translator since I do surveys in several languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use Gizmo, it a unique experience!

As ISO certified, our company needs to run regular surveys.

From business side, the need is also the same, we need to get close to our customer and measure his satisfaction using our systems and products.

We also need to know what our customer likes to suggest and improve ourselves.

We gain time by using Pols or surveys and easy collecting reports to exploit the results

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Nathan S.</span>
Nathan S.

"Avid User"

What do you like best?

The vast array of features is extremely useful when designing surveys. Add to that the price point and the excellent support you receive and it is an amazing value. I have used SG for years now and would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing survey platform.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things I can say here. Even features that are not available, can easily be developed with some custom programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform for most, it has an intuitive interface, beautiful reporting, all of the features you could ask for, and some of the best customer support I have experienced.

Currently, I use SurveyGizmo to collect project information from clients. It helps cut down the back and forth emails and phone calls to gather information during the early phases of a project. I have also used it for numerous webforms.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Tali G.</span>
Tali G.

"Great tool for surveys "

What do you like best?

Once you get how the interface is working, it's a really great product. I love their microcopy and the way they show the results after you start to get responses on your survey. They offer a lot of different options for surveys that I didn't find anywhere else, like the possibility to upload a list of contacts with pre-defined information and then use this information for your survey. You can also email your survey right from inside the platform and then set up reminders and other messages. After your survey is closed, you can filter responses by question or by field and see exactly which contact are having issues with your product. Also great customer support!

What do you dislike?

Price is a bit high, for us as a product company that used surveygizmo for one survey we only paid for one month.

Also the interface of the product is a bit confusing, after a while you get how it's working, but in the free version where almost everything is locked it's confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, wonderfully made. Great support so don't be shy to reach out to them. Very helpful and attentive. The survey gave amazing results that we couldn't even dream of.

We wanted to send a survey to users on our website and use basic information about how they use our product in the survey. We wanted to be able to see if users that responded negatively even used our product, and get a feel of what is the general consensus about our product.

SurveyGizmo allowed us to upload a list of contacts with information we took of our database into their website. When we emailed the survey to our users (through the surveygizmo website) each user got an individual link and their responses was recorded alongside the information we uploaded. This allows us to see a more complete view of our users and how they use our product.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Blake T.</span>
Blake T.

"SurveyGizmo was easy and efficient with many options to go deeper"

What do you like best?

I was able to easily craft a quick but detailed survey for my community. And the more questions I created the more I was able to see the depth provided in the types of questions available. It wasn't just yes/no, or fill in the blank with some multiple choice questions. Plus the ability to branch off of some questions was really cool as well. Plus it was easily used by my community without any hiccups.

What do you dislike?

If there was anything I would recommend to the SurveyGizmo crew I would suggest a pricing tier between the free and the basic plan. I would expect that once folks got their feet wet with the middle ground plan they would be ready to jump up to the basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. If you want to first create a free survey to get a feel for things that's fine. But you'll soon see the depth and power of it.

I run an online community. I was looking to gather feedback on how people were interacting with each other in the community and what they would like to see added to improve things.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jacqueline J.</span>
Jacqueline J.

"The Gizmo is great - you won't be disapointed!"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Survey Gizmo for many years and am impressed with their ability to listen to feedback and improve their product.

Whilst it is very easy to use and to some may seem too simple - the power of SurveyGizmo comes to the forefront when you need to create complex surveys.

Their customer service is second to none and they truly want to help (and do).

What do you dislike?

There is not one thing that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - you have nothing to lose. When you become a customer I recommend the following:

1. Experiment. The Gizmo is not just a survey tool. You can use it for so many business functions.

2. Take the time to go through their awesome training videos and How To Guides.

3. Ask for help - the TAT for assistance has been brilliant (and I am in Adelaide, Australia)

4. Provide your feedback and suggestions (the peeps at Gizmo really do listen and respond)

Various surveys companywide, gap analysis for training, skills audits for training, engagement surveys and more.

I have also used The Gizmo for not survey related tasks such as delivering videos for learning, upskilling and informing multiple employees, providing evidence for HR compliance and more.

So far there is nothing it can't do that I have come up with.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Amy M.</span>
Amy M.

"Love the Giz"

What do you like best?

There are several features I love. Life is so seriously and it's great to use a product that interjects fun into it. I love features like "Never Mind." Make me smile. I also love the tech support. A lot of companies have tech support on line, but with Survey Gizmo the person you are chatting with will ask you to email them the file or they'll do a video of what they are doing on their screen and share it with you. VERY personal and a great customer service touch!

What do you dislike?

I have it hard to search for topics in the "help" area. I don't always know how to phrase my question to look for what I need so I use the chat feature a lot more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the great customer support

We are an international company and love being able to translate the survey to the languages in our various regions.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Hoang Ha P.</span>
Hoang Ha P.

"Great and affordable survey platform"

What do you like best?

- User friendly interface, easy to write questionnaire and set up logic

- Quite good-looking internal theme with moderate theme modifying capability

- Great reporting and data exporting feature

What do you dislike?

- Question logic is still quite simple, not supporting an easy way to validate answers on answers from other questions.

- Reporting not fully support Vietnamese. I have to translate my reporting values into English.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick and affordable survey platform, look no further - SurveyGizmo is your top choice. Easy survey creating, data collecting and analyzing - all in one place. One big plus is their fast customer support. You always feel you're heard when communicating with SurveyGizmo.

Currently I'm doing multiple customer research for our company. Surveygizmo provides a fairly quick and easy way to create and distribute questionnaire. Reporting tools is also good for quick overview of the results.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Kathryn S.</span>
Kathryn S.

"Nimble, intuitive way to run and administer surveys"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo has done a really good job of removing duplicative effort from the creation experience with their robust copy features for a single question, a page of questions, or even an entire survey. I also love the Crosstab Reporting feature and opportunites that it opens up for further analysis.

What do you dislike?

Customer support response time can be very slow. Also, we signed up at a certain price point but about 7 months later, they changed up the whole pricing model on us, resulting in higher fees. They did "grandfather" us in with a discount, but we were a little dismayed by how quickly the pricing had gone up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the 2-day training workshop after you have been using the tool awhile (6 months or so). It was worth it.

We use SG for assessment engagements in our consulting practice - to assess the knowledge and needs of end users. We also use it to collect and aggregate the data on impressions when our clients attend software demos. We use it internally to conduct inventories of hardware and other systems our mobile workforce has in place. We have used surveys to send workshop results back to participants and use the survey to enable them to prioritize the outcomes.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>April B.</span>
April B.

"Great for simple surveys, but don't try to do anything too complex"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using SurveyGizmo. It is a simple program and you can do a lot with little effort using this program. There are also options to make things more complicated depending on how much money you want to spend and if you want support from SurveyGizmo employees. Overall, it is a great program and affordable.

What do you dislike?

Some things are not just possible with this software. If you want more complicated skip patterns or more personalized things, then you have to pay a lot more or it just isn't possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to contact the staff support at SurveyGizmo. They are very helpful and friendly individuals. Many products and companies aren't willing to help you, but that is not the case at SurveyGizmo. Take advantage of that!

I have used SurveyGizmo in a number of capacities. As a student, this program was a easy solution for setting up meetings, doing quick audits in classes or clubs for things I was involved in, and we used it campus wide. Now, as a research assistant, we use this on certain projects to perform research. I have used this program in very simple and very complicated ways. It works well for both, but I would say that simple is MUCH easier and less time consuming.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Straightforward and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive so if you don't know how to do something you can figure it out for yourself. The system is clearly set up for researchers to use because of the way it is laid out. It's easy to copy and paste questions into the platform and test as you go. It handles different types of questions and can easily display logic and skip patterns.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I don't like about SurveyGizmo. The set up is different from other survey platforms I have used so sometimes it takes a moment to remember how to set up a question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several other survey platforms and I find SurveyGizmo to be the most comprehensive.

We are able to provide primary research data to clients who cannot afford to go with a large vendor. This is helping us to earn additional dollars.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jill C.</span>
Jill C.

"Business data we can act on"

What do you like best?

We use SurveyGizmo on our training tutorials for clients to determine whether or not we're meeting their training needs. We pass a unique course ID to the same survey URL which allows us to use a single survey for all of our training, then report on each individual training title.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features can be difficult to use but overall we are able to get what we need from the automatic reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that your survey is asking the right questions in order to glean the information you need to make sound business decisions.

SurveyGizmo data allows us to capture the voice of the client (VOC) in order to make changes not only to our training but to our products. We have been able to better manage our workload when it comes ot updating training content.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Bart M.</span>
Bart M.

"Powerful yet easy to use solution for complex surveys"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo was one of the mainy survey tools we reviewed in a trial period before eventually making the leap to Surveygizmo. We have recently started our second year using the service for multiple surveys. The simplicity of the tool, the convenience for creating surveys combined with the multitude of complex possibilities is incredibly powerful. I guess we use the tool very extensive as we also use their custom scripting language which makes it even more powerful. Most of us aren't programmers, yet we can easily work with the code examples their wiki provide you with.

What do you dislike?

Most "annoying" are the regular updates which make you sometimes need to look for something you were accustomed to, but then again, this is just a minor remark as changes illustrate their dedication to improving the service every now and then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are dealing with very simple surveys, SurveyGizmo might seem too much for you. If you create a lot of surveys or you want a powerfull tool that can handle anything you have in mind, than probably SurveyGizmo is the best tool to consider (and buy).

We have researched multiple solutions to find SurveyGizmo to be most competent. Our complex methodology survey solution is perfectly feasible with the platform. This was never before the case with any other tool we used before.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Ali S.</span>
Ali S.

"Great price for a great product all around"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the surveys and the willingness of the people at SG to help us find the best solutions. Being so close in Fort Collins, they've even sent someone up to help us directly with our usage of it. I love that it's accessible from any smartphone without the need to download an app. It's also such a great product for a great price - we use it every week for at least 40 people, and no matter the frequency or number of people we have using it, the price remains the same. It's really become invaluable to us, and after seeing our department use it, other departments at our company have since switched to SG.

What do you dislike?

When creating surveys, there are a lot of tabs in which useful things are hidden (i.e. alphabetizing the choices in a dropdown list) that aren't super intuitive to go into. Also, creating reports/exporting data has a lot of options that can be overwhelming, since I'm not even sure what the difference is between all of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since they're constantly improving, there is no downside to SG. Any issues that you may find with their software, you can ask the help forum and there's either already a solution, or they'll start working on it.

We need to collect a lot of data, and it all needs to be in the same format. We're obsessed with maintaining data integrity and making sure there are no errors or misspellings - SG allows us to do that with total ease!

SurveyGizmo review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

"Very robust and easy to use"

What do you like best?

As far as features go, SurveyGizmo has exactly what we need. This includes things like MaxDiff and card sorts and easy formatting for a slick survey. It has the easy stuff too like check boxes and radio buttons and Likert scales but it allows us to offer a sophisticated survey without the giant price tag of a Qualtrics or other tool. We're a small shop and this was a perfect fit.

Also, the reporting is pretty slick too and we sent auto reports to our client, which they loved.

What do you dislike?

Some of the documentation was sparse in terms of getting some of the piping to work. However, I noted that in my review to SurveyGizmo and they reached out to me in hours to get further feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed.

We did some message testing for a hospital and it was a perfect tool to provide us some excellent baseline information and single out the message we needed to make an audience impression.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Eoghan T.</span>
Eoghan T.

"Useful, but sometimes tedious."

What do you like best?

I really like the survey themes. They look really professional.

The survey builder is really intuitive. The home page has a nice layout.

Most things on the platform are really intuitive. I did not have to go searching too long to figure out how to achieve something.

What do you dislike?

The platform does not really handle audio files very well. I was often presented with errors when trying to upload audio files. I ended up hosting the audio files on Soundcloud and embedding the Soundcloud player into the survey. This approach worked great, but it was very tedious mindless work...especially since I made use of over 150 audio files. This approach took days.

I did not like how the survey results were presented to me. I employed a lot of randomisation. It was confusing when the provided pdfs had scrambled question numbers. I had to contact survey gizmo support to get my head around this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Begin designing the survey early, especially if you intend to use audio files.

I was conducting research. I was examining how early reflections affect the perceived distance of a sound source. In particular, I examined if the number of early reflections a listener receives affects the perceived distance of a sound source. I also examined if a change in the stereo width of early reflections results in a change in perceived sound source distance.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Pat M.</span>
Pat M.

"Best bang for the buck - and more!"

What do you like best?

Simple to use for beginners yet it has tons of advanced features (advanced scripting features as well as API access). Also, SurveyGizmo's tech support is comparable to American Express (top notch!!).

What do you dislike?

The quota management system is weak relative to other high-end software. It's as good as (if not better than) any quota management system in survey software in its price range - but SurveyGizmo is the best software in it's price range and I personally would like to see a stronger quota management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For beginners, SurveyGizmo offers decent features that allow you to program together a fairly complex questionnaire quite easily, but it has some limitations. You could pay thousands and thousands of dollars more and get a little bit better "basic" or "out of the box" features with Qualtrics.

What makes SurveyGizmo so much more powerful than other survey software is it's scripting tool. Based on PHP, it's very flexible (not completely flexible) and gives you enormous control over your survey and much more. With a little creativity, the things you can do are mind-boggling.

For the truly advanced users, SurveyGizmo has an API that is incredible. I've heard about users who barely ever login to the survey tool to build surveys, manage projects, get reports, download data, etc.

We are able to accommodate complex questionnaires that require unusual features while paying one reasonable monthly flat rate and no "per complete" or "per contact" fees that other firms charge.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Elise D.</span>
Elise D.

"Survey Gizmo has all my love"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is my favorite tool that I use for anything, ever. The interface is intuitive, their customer support is spectacular, and everything I make using SG looks really great too. Once, I ran into a bug in the survey report tool and reached out to support to see if they could do anything. They apologized, and gave me a temporary workaround, and I expected that to be that. However, two weeks later when the bug was fixed, the same support person reached out to me to let me know it was fixed and I could go back to using my old system without the workaround.

What do you dislike?

When they first rolled out the new report, there were a fair number of bugs, and I think I managed to run into all of them. However, their customer support was always helpful and made sure I was able to get my job done, even with the tool not functioning properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do any amount of data collection/surveying - from customer service surveys to voting to so much more - SG is the best.

I'm able to get information from our members in faster, more intuitive ways. I've been especially having fun lately with different ways I can incorporate surveys into our emails - it makes my job easier and our data better.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Amy Z.</span>
Amy Z.

"On-the-field assesments"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of the survey questions and how easy it is to create a survey. There are also a TON of reporting tools that are great, and most things are intuitive in how to use them.

What do you dislike?

There are so many of the reporting tools that sometimes you can't find what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great piece of software that is capable of almost anything!

We are continually assessing how teams and partners are working together on the field. We utilize the reporting tools often to rate our teams and partners based on the results. It also allows us communicate with our insurance company when an issue arises, which is great.

Just today I created a new survey for our teams, and I was astonished by the different ways I can ask a question!

SurveyGizmo review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Many features - some you may not need"

What do you like best?

Great place to build survey and save data.

What do you dislike?

The customization is great but almost offers too much. It becomes a little difficult to follow the logic of setting up questions. The process of setting up the survey is not as intuitive as it should be. It takes a lot of testing to be sure the survey works as designed & to see exactly what customers will see. The reporting is good but I feel the data it produces could be improved. Sometimes the reporting comes out a little wonky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test your survey thoroughly before sending it to potential survey takers to ensure you work out any kinks.

We use surveygizmo to follow up with our customers after important events, product launches, and more.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Tiffany J H.</span>
Tiffany J H.

"Great for maxdiff studied"

What do you like best?

A very simple yet powerful set of tools for sending surveys. I was able to easily produce a variety of surveys and get significant results for a brand promise study.

What do you dislike?

I really didn't have any problems other than sometimes forgetting where certain settings were in the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I also used their panel service and had great results with the survey at a very reasonable price.

I was working to understand what customers really needed from our product and found out some fascinating insights about the market in which we operate.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Slava K.</span>
Slava K.

"Nice tool for surveys"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop configurations, lots of question types, lots of standardized questions. You can build a robust survey in minutes and then send it out for feedback. Then you can use it to collect all the data and analyze it right in the tool or export to excel/csv. I love the visualization of the data.

What do you dislike?

For the people answering the survey the entire Save process is not intuitive. We use it to collect customer info and they always complain that they cannot share the survey with other people. It does work but its an awful user experience.

Surveys are used for sales enablement, sales lead qualification, assessments, collecting customer information. SurveyGizmo replaces spreadsheets or manual and unstructured notes with the exact same set of questions being sent to all users.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Sue T.</span>
Sue T.

"Great survey instrument!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of building a survey and the "canned" reports are clear and provide great visuals. I also like the ability to easily export out data for internal analysis. As my team has grown, the ability to organize the work by teams makes navigating the home screen much easier. When I've needed support, they are very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

I work in healthcare and I cannot use Survey Gizmo for any patient surveys or confidential data due to privacy and security policies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test drive it and you'll be hooked. I introduced new team members to the tool, and they were comfortable and confident in building and distributing surveys with just a 15 minute orientation.

We often need to take quick opinion polls of physicians, nurses and staff or collect participation and evaluation data that can be rapidly analyzed. Survey Gizmo is perfect for this use! The built-in reports allow us to quickly review and share outcomes and move forward with projects and operations.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo is easy to learn, easy to use, and looks clean. It has a lot of options that other online survey platforms don't, which allows for very customizable surveys and forms. Customer service is very responsive and offers periodic webinars to teach users about different features.

What do you dislike?

I wish the default option for response values was just sequential rather than a long string of 5 random numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the webinars and customer support. If you can't figure something out, chances are there is a way to do it!

The quiz feature has been especially helpful in some of my projects - it allows you to assign points to response options and give a quiz taker either a tallied score or pass/fail result.

SurveyGizmo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Market Researcher"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is perhaps the most affordable surveying software available, which makes it very accessible when resources are tight. Additionally, the platform is easy enough to navigate that non-researchers can field surveys with very little background or experience. This has been beneficial for some of the junior researchers that work on my team because it is not as intimidating as some of the more technical platforms.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with SurveyGizmo is limited functionality for comprehensive market research studies. What is considered standard logic in other platforms, such as Decipher, is considered "advanced" logic in SurveyGizmo. It lacks what should be basic functionality for any survey software--for example, the ability to shuffle answer options in the same order as the random shuffling pattern used in a previous question or randomizing by groups and within groups (without having to manipulate javascript). Additionally, the interface makes survey programming and QA'ing incredibly labor-intensive. Basic commands and preferences are buried within several tabs/clicks away--I very much miss the ease of use from platforms like Decipher where you can simply check a box in the survey building interface without having to click through several tab options to get to a very basic control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've sent members of our team to the SurveyGizmo conference every year simply to take advantage of the face-time. It seems to be especially beneficial for members of our team who are new to survey programming--the conference provides a general overview of programming features and how-tos as well as private meeting times to discuss your particular needs/wants in-depth.

Our agency runs approximately 30 or so market research surveys per year. SurveyGizmo is the most cost effective option for our current scale of projects. Despite all of the platforms shortcomings and additional hours that must be dedicated in order to achieve the functionality we need, it is far cheaper than competitors like Qualtrics or Decipher.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Mary Lou B.</span>
Mary Lou B.

"Easy to use and great reports."

What do you like best?

It was super easy to create a survey, even with lots of cool options. The fatigue meter was hugely helpful and our staff loved the way data was displayed in the reports. We loved customizing the survey with colors, fonts, etc. Before this we used Survey Monkey. This was more sophisticated. We should do some training because there is a lot to know about surveys. We have scratched the surface.

What do you dislike?

Our survey was too long but that was our fault. Even so, the "fatigue level" was low, so lots of people took it! The word cloud was a bit confusing in reports. . As a non-profit, I'm not sure we can afford SG.

Recommendations to others considering the product

People just need to try it. Most people have tried Survey Monkey. They need to know something better is out there.

We were getting specific feedback about building community and advancement practices. We learned where we were doing a good job and where improvement is needed.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Financial Services

"Mostly Ideal!"

What do you like best?

The system has a lot of benefits; I really enjoy the fact that you can really take a deep dive and look into where clients' response comes from. There's also an added benefit you can export out the data and that it stores it for so long. I liked that the clients were required to fill out their information before being able to submit the content.

What do you dislike?

I think there are a few downfalls to the system- one being that if you change a question it has issues with the ability to save the current information. There are also some formats that we would rather have in the system that we aren't really able to use and process. I wish they were continuing to expand their offerings for the type of choices that each question could have (radio buttons, check boxes, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how it compares to other systems because haven't used them at my firm.

We primarily used Survey Gizmo to help gauge our clients' satisfaction as well as learn more about them before having client meetings. Pre-meeting was key because we were able to update their information and get them in our system before going forward with unnecessary meetings.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Laurie M.</span>
Laurie M.

"SG suprasses all my expectations"

What do you like best?

You can build a survey instantly, and you see as your create it, what it will look like. It's marvelous!

There's WAY MORE under the covers than just surveys - business processes can be built by people who are not developers.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. :) Sometimes the coding is hard to understand how to do but that's just because I don't have the background of a coder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When trying it out, make sure to experience the fantastic customer service.

We've been able to measure trends in learning with our offerings, and we've used SG to create timed business processes that used to take months and thousands of dollars to customize.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Sunday T.</span>
Sunday T.

"Great for non complex survey collection."

What do you like best?

Like that the surveys can be presented on a range of platforms. Also great to be able to preview data and analysis.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in setting up data for import into statistical software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand limitations with regards to what you want to use it for. If you do not have statistical analysis software, and need anything more than basic analyses, I would carefully reconsider.

Great way to allow access to surveys and data across team members, clients, and other stakeholders

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

"Great product, great service!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and find help when needed and the interface is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are some minor issues with options for consumers to log in to a survey, but overall it's hard to find much of anything to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price it's definitely worth trying. With a little bit of manuvering, you can get some very customized results. Check out their site, or even send them an email if you have more questions. They have a great response time.

Our company uses the surveys on a fairly large scale to offer our clients a more "green" option to a paper survey. We've also been able to gather and view data to gain perspective for future changes on our survey.

SurveyGizmo review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Great Survey Tool"

What do you like best?

Great customer service and it offers different avenues to receive help. The surveys are visually appealing and users tend to love that aspect. It is very easy to edit a survey that is already created which is amazing when you realize you have made an error! It is a very easy platform to conduct surveys. I also liked the free trial that was provided to decide if we were willing to pay for it.

What do you dislike?

This survey website is one of the most expensive of it kind but is totally worth it in the end with all that it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, great appearance for users, easy to find help and get questions answer, high cost but worth it.

It offers the opportunity to reach out to our audience to see what changes we need to make and what we are doing well at. Those who take the surveys are always pleased with the appearance and ease of the survey. You can share the information you receive throughout your company so that everyone is aware of the changes that need to be made.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Alex B.</span>
Alex B.

"Easy to use, some features are missing"

What do you like best?

This tool is very easy to use, like Basecamp. It has private domains, very intuitive user interface, great and friendly support, CSS for survey design, piping, custom scripting, URL variables, meaningful reports and ability to export responses.

What do you dislike?

It is impossible to set survey link validity (e.g. 24 hours since it was clicked) — the whole survey needs a deadline, can't prevent duplicate survey submissions using the same link (to prevent people getting too many rewards for completing survey, for example)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some of the product API features are still in "beta" although released to the public. Overall, the product is very easy to use, it has 95% of features every marketer will need and moreover, it can be customized using CSS and API to match your organization needs. Price/value ratio is great. I think SG is much friendlier and is more interesting as a product than Survey Monkey.

It is a good tool to run any kind of surveys: feedback, opinions on products, issues, events, etc. It also has meaningful built-in survey reporting and csv exports. For the money it costs, SG is a great tool.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

"Powerful and simple to use"

What do you like best?

Surveygizmo is really flexible and largely easy to use. I've used it for a variety of different types of survey from customer satisfaction to 360 degree feedback and it's largely been able to do what I need. It's really quick and easy to build surveys from scrap and reporting is good too. Customer service when you do have a problem is exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Some more complicated things require coding, which will be beyond many users. The look and feel of templates could be more varied and contemporary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go and draw your own conclusions

Used mostly for customer and staff satisfaction surveys.

Also used for staff 360 feedback.

Occasional dipstick surveys on particular topics.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Louise L.</span>
Louise L.

"Easy, quick and productive"

What do you like best?

Low stress way to write and send a survey

What do you dislike?

I think it is too high a Cost for a small business so we can only use the basic version so not really designed for small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give this tool a try - it is so easy and makes for an attractive looking survey.

Finding out what our customers want in an easy and non-threatening way has turned up some great results to help us with our business.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jessica B.</span>
Jessica B.

"Easy to use with little programming experience"

What do you like best?

As long as you're semi tech-savvy, and have had some research methods course in school, SurveyGizmo is incredibly easy to use. For background, I am a content writer with only limited programming or database admin experience. This software readily meets the needs of our small-to-midsized company and it has not been difficult for me to train colleagues on how to access survey data or set up simple surveys of their own. We love having the ability to copy surveys for testing new features and the drag-and-drop formatting and question bank have both been invaluable. It's also easy to do white label branding, i.e., setting brand colours and logos.

What do you dislike?

Because we have multiple sales divisions, we need to incorporate a lot of logic into our questions. I had suggested to SG to allow users to bulk edit question responses for setting up show/hide logic. Otherwise I can't complain much about any of the features.

We mainly use SurveyGizmo to evaluate our client satisfaction with our company services, which has allowed us to pinpoint areas needing improvement and to identify which of our products/services are most popular. We believe the surveys are also increasing our customer loyalty. As our company has grown extensively we are also starting to use SG for in-house surveys, thereby cutting down on mass emails.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Greta B.</span>
Greta B.

"Excellent Survey Tools - Easy to Use, Good Value, Robust Features!"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo has helped us immensely in creating surveys which give us excellent insight into the experience of our patrons and customers! There are quite a few choices around the web for survey creation and reporting, but I feel this is one of the best in terms of value, features offered, and ease of use.

We have created everything from very simple radio buttons and checkbox surveys, to very long and complex surveys with extensive logic, branching, and non-standard custom question types. Mostly, we have done so all with ease - though at times we have had a few questions for tech support, who have always been friendly, helpful and clear.

It's an excellent choice if you are diving into the survey world for the first time, and offers plenty for the seasoned user as well!

What do you dislike?

While there are a ton of wonderful things about SurveyGizmo, there are just a few techy quibbles - mostly issues only revealed after extensive and regular use.

Reporting - there are a few odd quirks here, which can slow down the work process - the one I run into a lot happens when changing format for how answers are displayed in your report (summary report). Each time you make a change (for example, let's show the Reponse ID by the answers, and also sort by ID) - you must go question by question to set this...and then wait for the report to load again before you can go to the next one! Many of us are not blessed with the fastest work computers, so there have been many times I have saved my report setups for home.

Updates: They change and update things a LOT, which can be both a blessing and a curse. There are several older issues I had which they have totally eliminated through updates (which I so appreciate!), but also, sometimes the location of menus or elements you use frequently may suddenly be moved or function changed. (Or, at times then a new problem crops up - such as recently I can only see my response previews down to about 2/3 of the way..)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on all available survey software options, and do trials if possible, before making a decision. Look closely at the features, think about what you may eventually need in the future, and compare pricing - make sure you have room to grow! I do feel SurveyGizmo offers plenty of great options for growth as you use the product, and they do have really stellar, truly friendly customer support - a big feather in the cap!

With any survey software, the goal is to know more - and we are definitely realizing the benefits of implementing it. Now we can very quickly create new surveys and get them live when we realize we need new information. Our surveys have been employed for several different types of customers, and also used with success internally. The information is really priceless, helping us to improve in many areas.

Most any decent survey software can provide these benefits, but SurveyGizmo has been excellent for us, due to general ease of use and robust features. I would certainly recommend trying it if you are looking to get into creating surveys, and it would be a good option too if you are a more advanced user, depending on your plan needs as far as numbers of users and extra tools.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great survey building and remote reporting abilities"

What do you like best?

I use Survey Gizmo for a variety of survey building needs. I primality use it to host a reporting form that citizen scientists can report observations through, so I appreciate that the surveys work on desktops, tablets and phones. I like the analytical reports that the program generates, and they've always been super helpful and responsive if I have questions

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was the ability to auto populate a survey with the geographic coordinates of the user's location, providing that they allow it.

Survey Gizmo lets me reach citizen scientists monitoring the environment remotely, and expands our reach for environmental monitoring as well as community engagement. Previously I've used it for valuation surveys and other social science studies to advise better outreach efforts on our part.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Trevor S.</span>
Trevor S.

"Excellent product!!"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is incredibly straightforward and intuitive, making the process of creating a survey from the ground up and then launching it to potential respondents very quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

Very infrequently, on the request of a client or colleague, I will be required to meet a question style demand or logic requirement that is not available in SurveyGizmo through the ordinary interface. However, with the help of their documentation and custom scripting, there are often ways to implement them. It just requires more time and effort.

I work primarily with membership associations, helping them solve problems of membership needs, pricing needs, and desires to improve their membership renewal, retention, and overall numbers. SurveyGizmo allows me to quite easily, quickly, and reliable find those answers from the various members groups.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Emily R.</span>
Emily R.

"The tool we use with the best ROI"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo is a platform that is very flexible and easy to work with. Their help desk is thorough and fast to respond. And our plan doesn't charge per complete which makes it ideal for all types of surveys from demographic profiling to complex research projects.

What do you dislike?

Some of the question types and logic/flow paths are limited vs. a more developed survey platform. But we can easily accomplish 90% of what we need to do with Survey Gizmo with limited/no workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other survey software companies out there. But Survey Gizmo is a fluid company that is willing to help, fix, and develop to specific needs. I can always get support when needed, which isn't all that often. For our company, Survey Gizmo provides 90% of what we need for supporting our research needs. The other 10% isn't a big deal, or would just require some workarounds.

I program surveys all day everyday. And while you would think that all surveys are the same, they aren't! Each requires just something a little different or unique to work around. The platform is flexible and intuitive to use. And the reporting features are also quick and easy to use. So the platform fits most of our survey and reporting needs.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Christina P.</span>
Christina P.

"Great product, very intuitive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo has a friendly and clean user interface. The dashboard makes it easy to see how well your recent surveys are doing, to view or edit a survey, and to create a new one. The flow of the software is very intuitive, and it is really easy to learn for the first time. Building a survey is very easy, the layout of the screen makes it very clear how your questions will be presented and to make sure your questions are in the right order and split into different pages at the right stage. Adding reasonably complex logic is also very intuitive and simple to do. I have not tried anything too complex in the software as I have not required it yet, but I would not hold any hesitations about trying and would expect it to be equally as simple. It also allows you to test the survey and see how it would display on various devices, and style the survey accordingly.

What do you dislike?

The only real downside I have found in the software is that adding logic to your questions can be quite repetitive. I will hold my hands up to say that I have not asked them if there is an easier way, but I have often found myself going into the edit mode of each question one-by-one to add the same logic in. This can be a bit frustrating due to the repetitiveness, but at the same time the process of adding the logic is fairly simple, so for most surveys it is not too much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application. Very intuitive and easy to use. Easy to learn for the first time, and helpful and friendly support staff if you do get stuck. Would highly recommend.

I have used SurveyGizmo to reach out to our target market to find out about the problems they are experiencing and how our product could be developed to help them. It has allowed us to get feedback and research from people all over the world in a short period of time, and allows us to easily analyse the results.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Devon D.</span>
Devon D.

"SurveyGizmo Review"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo has a wide variety of options and tools that meets any survey needs and ability levels. The best part though is their staff. They have been there every step of the way to help me make more and more complex surveys. I even went to their training seminar and it was amazing. The staff were awesome and I learned so much in just two days!

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about SurveyGizmo. Their product is good and their staff is amazing.

I am a researcher at a university are use this software for national surveys, study applications, nutritional questionnaires and so much more. Using SurveyGizmo has made everything a little easier on numerous research studies.

Administrator in Higher Education

"SurveyGizmo has some Gremlins"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is fairly user friendly, easy to use, and a good resource for setting up small surveys.

What do you dislike?

Not the best for large surveys or votes when multiple questions are required or additional info is needed with a selected answer. Not the best in terms of follow-up questions when an answer is given that would require it on the business side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly and easy to set-up and get surveys going.

Quick votes on merit files, attendance at small gatherings. Easy to complete relatively simple surveys, specifically for non-complex merit action files and faculty cases where no comments are required. Also very simple to use for staff availability for parties, meetings, holiday gatherings.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Brian N.</span>
Brian N.

"Powerful tool AND customer support"

What do you like best?

As a research professional I look for a survey tool with lots of functionality and support to back it up. Also want a robust panel when I need to get responses outside of our own network. SurveyGizmo exceeds my expectations in all of these areas.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything that I dislike with SurveyGizmo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend testing their customer support. Found answers to all my questions!

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Gustavo M.</span>
Gustavo M.

"Excellent program"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of questions that can be seen aimed at extracting information for the distribution of our service.

What do you dislike?

I do not like its conformation and aesthetics of the software, although I can say that it does not have to see its presentation for the domain and the transformation of a product

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that the software provides a wide range of solutions for the fulfillment of the company in which I am engaged so it is rewarding, as its manipulation and transformation of the website on which I work

I have shown my organization the increase in sales through software, tipping the scales up, giving improvements and acquiring more experience

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Lauren  H.</span>
Lauren H.

"Easy to learn, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The support team...seriously, they're awesome. The surveys are easy to build, easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to embed surveys into emails. I know there is a way to do this for short, 2 question surveys but it's more of a work around than a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the price fool you. It's awesome.

We were not sending surveys out at all and we knew we wanted to. We started looking through different platforms and really just stumbled on SurveyGizmo. We've sent out over 30 surveys and have over 1,500 responses. We're working on strategy around surveys and send times, etc. Definitely helped gather feedback from people in a fun way.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jill L.</span>
Jill L.

"Surveys made easy!"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is a very, very easy system to use, and to navigate through it's stages. I have been using it for about a year now, and when we officially moved across from Survey Monkey to SurveyGizmo I was given a great deal of help. They set up my survey the same as it was on Survey Monkey, and gave me detailed instructions on how to use it. I never had any problems from the first one I sent. It is easy to collate all the results and to download items for future use.

If there is something I am not sure about I just use the 'Help' section and the instructions on there are always easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

As I have already mentioned, the survey is easy to use and to send, so really there is nothing that I dislike about using it.

We then reply to any comments made on the completed surveys and this helps us to keep up to date with what our customers are expecting from us.

SurveyGizmo review by Consultant in Hospitality
Consultant in Hospitality

"Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

I liked the interface,ease of building questionnaire and Help section.

Ease of building a Questionnaire

It did not take much time to understand the process of building a questionnaire. It is quite comprehensible at one go. All options are available which I thought of including in my survey. I wanted to use branching logic in my survey and using it on Survey Gizmo was easy.

Help Section

There were some doubts regarding billing cycle, NPS etc. I got all my answers in the Help section without any need of contacting customer care.

My experience of using Survey Gizmo was pretty good.

What do you dislike?

I wont say that I disliked anything but yes we can improve following:

1) Auto update on billing cycle should not be default as every customer has his own needs. Flexibility should be given.

2) There should be flexibility of adding questions ( contact details)on thank you page.

Survey Gizmo can control what type of questions we can add there, otherwise adding contact details in the main questionnaire gives the impression that that particular question is part of questionnaire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this out. This is very easy to use.

We conducted a survey for the following objectives:

1) To understand if we add a new feature, what is the probability that customer will like it.

2) How can we improve existing features on our platform (web and app)

Administrator in Higher Education

"A much more inclusive and thorough product than SurveyMonkey"

What do you like best?

The different question types allow more ability to customize surveys to make them exactly the way you want. Also, I'm a visual person and the Reports display things in charts which are convenient to check up on my responses before exporting them into a CSV. I might also just be used to it, but at this point, I'm so much more comfortable handling exports from SurveyGizmo than any other service. 600+ responses? 17 different surveys to bulk edit? No sweat.

What do you dislike?

There are some functionalities that are still missing. I wish there was a way to do the card sort question and allow users to not have to use all the options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basic account will get you by with anything to compete with SurveyMonkey, but if you can afford it, upgrading to any of the paid accounts is definitely worth it.

We were gathering customer and territorial feedback to determine the next year's agenda. We discovered which projects to push forward and which ones to hold back.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Rick Z.</span>
Rick Z.

"Survey Gizmo = Highly Respected and Trusted Survey Partner"

What do you like best?

We've trusted all of our survey work to Survey Gizmo since we launched our business in 2009 and we don't "monkey" around when it comes to surveys. Every single aspect of the company is professional, friendly and knowledgeable. You will not find a better customer support team at any company anywhere. We like doing business with local companies and Survey Gizmo is as good as it gets right now and is ALWAYS getting better. It's just amazing how robust the platform has become since they started waaaaay back in the little house on Spruce St. in Boulder!

What do you dislike?

Not a thing. We don't do a lot of sophisticated survey work but there is no better out there to meet our current and projected future needs. We recommend that all of our clients get the "monkey" of their back and check out Survey Gizmo!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do. NOT. Hesitate. And do whatever it takes to give their support team a workout. Never say never but I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

We work with dozens and dozens of nonprofit organizations and use Survey Gizmo for all of our electronic stakeholder engagement work. The platform just plain woks for us. Great reporting tools. The email campaign functionality is beyond helpful and effective. We can confidently project to our clients that we will achieve a 70% or better (often much better) response rate on virtually any survey we conduct. Our clients like that. A whole bunch!

SurveyGizmo review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good for Easy Surveys and New Users"

What do you like best?

Straightforward survey programming is very easy which helps when I need to launch something quickly or show someone how to launch their own survey. I like the reporting but wish there was a viewer feature where end users could log in on demand to view there results versus receiving emails with reports.

For more complex conditioning, I find the programming a little clunky. It seems to me that a simple if-then should be programmed in fewer steps and without having to create separate pages in the tool.

What do you dislike?

We do our internal surveys using Survey Gizmo and it is far quicker and more cost effective than other tools. It helps to keep our business moving forward with feedback when needed.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Christa M.</span>
Christa M.

"Even I can use SurveyGizmo!"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is very, very easy to use. Creating my survey was intuitive. Training was done via live instructor and I felt well equipped to create an effective survey.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't call it a dislike, but I struggle a bit with the report creation. I cannot seem to replicate month to month my results, but I think it's user error. I have reached out to SurveyGizmo for help and they were extremely responsive and offered me help and helpguides. So again, not a dislike, it's really more of user issues on my part.

My survey is to measure training efficacy. It is quick and easy for my users to take the survey, so I've found my response rate has improved over other survey tools.

SurveyGizmo review by Administrator

"SurveyGizmo is a powerful and intuitive survey tool and their help documentation is awesome."

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is a very intuitive survey making and analyzing tool. It's also extremely easy to get help - either via documentation or by contacting one of their support heroes. We really love that we can connect our CRM system with surveys with their api. I also love the way they communicate with their customers. I save their emails and browse through their help documentation just to get ideas for how to communicate with our clients and organize our own help documentation.

What do you dislike?

When we first started using SurveyGizmo 1.5-2 years ago their support response time was extraordinarily fast. They typically responded within 1-3 hours with information to answer our questions, work around or resolve an issue. Now that they've grown, that response time has increased to about 48 hours which is still phenomenal, but getting answers before we leave the office for the day will always be missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that SurveyGizmo offers a lot of documentation and training so you will not need to train people in your organization from the ground up. You can just provide a link to SurveyGizmo's help page (or just tell them to google it). SurveyGizmo offers training on surveying best practices as well.

We offer the creation of surveys as a service to our clients and we use SurveyGizmo to build those surveys. We also create client-facing reports using the results analysis and reporting tools in SurveyGizmo.

Using SurveyGizmo also allows us to track survey results by our own proprietary customer segments and connect to information in our proprietary CRM software product.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Lacking quality integration for developers."

What do you like best?

Good logic and question setup however totally let down by the webhooks and api bugs and issues.

What do you dislike?

Webhooks and API are filled with bugs. I have had to code multiple workarounds to get things to work. In some configurations webhooks are missing particular questions. Webhooks do not even have the id of the survey response embedded in them so you are forced to do a workaround with url variables going back and forward from your API!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider carefully before doing integrations with this. Ask if you can have a trial period to use the api for yourself and see what you think, before you buy. The api is not available normally in the trial version. Now I know why.

Integrated website questionnaire.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Ben H.</span>
Ben H.

"A wonderful experience for survey"

What do you like best?

Its easy to build up a survey and also easy to use for user.

It can save much time from building a survey

The users were unwilling to do or finish the satisfaction survey in old time.

With this survey tool, users could finish the satisfaction survey in a really short time.

What do you dislike?

The theme of background can be more diversity

As a training manager, I need a lot of satisfaction survey for training course.

This survey tool does a great help for real practice

The user would spend less time for doing a satisfaction survey and also improve their will to finish the satisfaction survey of every end of course.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Brandon N.</span>
Brandon N.

"10X price increase this year."

What do you like best?

The product has worked great for us for the last 4 years, it does everything we need

What do you dislike?

The cost. Last year we had one price for all 8 users that we currently have setup. This year they want to charge us $1000 per user which drives our price up from less than $1000 total to $8000 total.

We have been able to conduct internal surveys with our employees and we have conducted external surveys with our audience

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Nick K.</span>
Nick K.

"Great way to seek feedback"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is a great tool for our organization to seek feedback from our employees and customers on a regular basis. Without their surveys and reporting tools, we would not be able to hear about the improvements that we need to make

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the surveys take so long to create. I wish there was a more streamlined way to create a survey

We're able to continuously improve our organization with customer and staff feedback.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Cory B.</span>
Cory B.

"Best survey tool out there!"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is hands down the best survey tool out there. I've used Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, and a handful of other tools and nothing compares to SurveyGizmo. It was the very first SaaS platform that I convinced my CEO to pay for and, as our startup has grown, it is still the best tool we have. It has everything you need for the simplest of surveys to the most complex and detailed data projects. The number of question types and higher level functionality as well as integration with tools like Salesforce and Google Docs make it stand out as the best survey tool out there.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. There is definitely a learning curve to some of the most complex features of SurveyGizmo but for 99% of what you likely need to do, it is super simple and outstanding at getting the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! SurveyGizmo is the single best software decision that my company has ever made.

SurveyGizmo started just to do client surveys and has grown to be our default tool for any internal and external data capture. We have custom coded it to act as a mini-web application for some internal functions and we have yet to find something that we can't get SurveyGizmo to do. Because of it's advanced features like payment processing and electronic signatures it literally can do everything from being an e-contract platform (replacement for EchoSign) to a payment processor (replacement for PayPal) and more! You imagination is the only limit on what SurveyGizmo can do.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great, simple survey platform, moderate analysis and panel services"

What do you like best?

The survey tool itself is very easy to use. The question types are standard and should cover most needs. Personnel were helpful.

What do you dislike?

There were many poor quality respondents in my results, which I had to manually remove.

The structure of some of the canned output make analysis difficult (e.g. cannot organize counts in ascending order (0, 1, 2, 3), can only view in order of most occurrences to least - I even emailed support for this).

I leverage SG for a market feasibility study for a business venture. I have also used with my clients.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Jeremey D.</span>
Jeremey D.

"Outstanding survey platform"

What do you like best?

After evaluating and using several platforms, including SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics, I selected SurveyGizmo. Over the years I've been using them, I done simple and complex projects and the platform has consistently exceeded my expectations.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it is hard to find anything I do not like about the platform. Some people might complain that the desirable features require an upgrade from the free version - but that of course makes sense. Also, SurveyGizmo's custom services team used to do smaller projects which they don't anymore (however, there is an ecosystem of developers who still do these).

1. Demand generation using survey & survey results as content

2. employee engagement surveys

3. product development surveys

... and more...

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Destinee T.</span>
Destinee T.

"Surveys for everyone"

What do you like best?

There are several types of surveys available to choose from. You can customize the survey for use on mobile devices, which is great in today's market.

What do you dislike?

Almost too many to choose from. Also you cannot even watch a demo video without signing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can choose from quantitative, radio buttons, check boxes, rating scales, multi-text, essay, and tables. You can validate the survey to ensure it's usability and accuracy.

Creating easy to use and answer surveys for work. The flexibility in the validation system is great. You can make the questions required, make rules, and use a custom question API if necessary.

SurveyGizmo review by G2 Crowd User in Mental Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Mental Health Care

"Survey Gizmo Is The Best I Have Found"

What do you like best?

I absolutely LOVE survey gizmo. It has transformed our business and has made a huge impact for my clients. I use the logic most and love that basically anything I can dream up I can create. All I have to do is think about the process I want to take them through. I am a marketer and It has been my secret weapon.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was an affiliate program so I could make money from my referrals!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please allow for an affiliate program because us marketers do a lot of sales type things with SG that is not as academic and yet it is part of what I hook my clients on.

It is one way I automate my businesses. It allows me to serve my clients in a tremendous way because I save time by getting to the heart of their needs faster. It is one of my most valuable secret weapons!

SurveyGizmo review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent customer service and overall useful platform"

What do you like best?

The support team is incredibly approachable and responsive to your needs. They clearly convey the solution to your problem and are genuinely concerned with getting it right for you. On top of that, the platform is easy to use and they have many quick tutorials should you have any issues or questions about your specific coding/building needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that the platform doesn't do terribly well but I don't think any survey tool has it just right. Namely, the layout of a survey in builder mode when you have intricate logic - it would be preferable to visually organize the layout in accordance to respondent journey but this would require an overhaul of the entire platform. Also, in the builder mode, navigating from page to page is a bit cumbersome because the page navigation feature is only at the bottom of the page, forcing you to scroll all the way down to select your page.

In terms of data visualization and manipulation, SurveyGizmo has helped by adding many crosstabbing and filtering features to their reports. This has helped me analyze and understand responses and be able to apply that understanding to solve problems for my clients.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Todd H.</span>
Todd H.

"Great Product, and Spectacular Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The SurveyGizmo team truly listens to feedback. The enhancements that have been made over the past 18 months are customer-centric. The user experience is intuitive. They then delighted me by sending brownies when I provided some input on their visualization capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints whatsoever. It meets all our needs and is a whole lot cheaper than Qualtrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you'll have a hard time finding a customer who is not thrilled with SurveyGizmo.

As a consulting company, we are always looking to use data to validate what we're learning. SurveyGizmo gives us the tool to both capture the data and then present it in a professional format to our clients.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Matt T.</span>
Matt T.

"Very flexible forms tool with great Salesforce integration"

What do you like best?

It's feature-packed and intuitive for new users to pickup. The forms are also completely brandable so you can make them look like a native part of your site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to find where certain options are because there are many sub tabs within screens etc.

We're using this tool to create forms that vary from simple 1 page feedback to complex 30+ page forms with multiple logic steps and integration points. It has allowed us to create a very detailed recruitment application and integrate the results into our CRM without any custom code.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Marc M.</span>
Marc M.

"Swiss army knife for feedback"

What do you like best?

They have something for every use-case, even if none of the parts of mind-blowingly amazing. I'd rather have a swiss army knife than the latest flying drone or iphone6s if I were lost in the wilderness. They are also responsive and support their customers fully, down to the API (which is something their competitors don't do).

What do you dislike?

I had to build my own python wrapper of their API to really get the most out of Gizmo. And I had to ask them a lot of questions because that part of their documentation was lacking. In fact I've added to their documentation along the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. If you want to extend it, you can. Unlike SurveyMonkey, which is always a manual survey-build process.

I work for nonprofit networks and consultancies that are changing the way organizations listen to people. It needs to be simpler and more powerful to work.

SurveyGizmo review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

"Very convenient"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Surveygizmo is that it's a very practical and transparent website to work with. It is very easy to use and your survey itself will always look good, no matter how much effort you put in the design. pricing is also very transparent and they offer plenty of free features if you're looking to create a simple survety.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there are no specific features i do not like about Surveygizmo. One thing that would be useful is if Surveygizmo offered a free trial of certain paid features. This way I could try out these features and buy them afterwards if I'm happy with how they work. Currently Surveygizmo does not do this.

I'm mostly looking into the awareness of my brand in the current market. I'm also looking at my brand's competitors to see how and what they're doing right and wrong.

SurveyGizmo review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Survey Gizmo a useful tool made powerful by APIs"

What do you like best?

The user interface makes creating basic and mid-level surveys pretty quick and easy. Adding conditional logic to questions also works quite well. Once you have a basic template/format you can just keep duplicating your Master to start new surveys.

The reporting while simple is sufficient for our needs.

What do you dislike?

Importing surveys from Word documents never works for me. I end up copying and pasting the questions in. Some enhanced control over background colors/imaging would be nice, but mostly it's not needed.

A couple of obvious benefits are that we can now easily send surveys to both clients and internal staff. This helps us gather actionable info for product enhancements, holiday parties, and everything in between. However, using the API we even had a product that would synch the survey form on the web with a client/server app and would download the surveys and attach them to records on a nightly basis.

SurveyGizmo review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"SG was exactly what we needed for a very fair price."

What do you like best?

I had zero experience building surveys prior to this. I searched a few different options and landed on SG due to their price and easy learning curve. Like anything new, it takes time to get used to it. But, even customer service was great to work with.

What do you dislike?

I think the knowlege base could be cleaned up a bit to easier find specifics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial of the lowest priced plan. The ability to import themes (say, from your website) creates a consistency with how your organization communicates its brand.

We wanted to find out if and how our church family is using RightNow Media. With being able to build a logic-based survey and questions we asked, it gave really good feedback on how we can communicate better with our congregation and other areas of growth.

SurveyGizmo review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Survey Gizmo is a home run!"

What do you like best?

The ease of functionality as well as the accessibilty of the support staff! The product fills a huge need for my company in the ability to be able to hear the voice of our customer.

What do you dislike?

Reporting functions can be slow at times. Emailable reports are not consistent. There could be more functionality for send out reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool is affordable and offers great ability to distribute feedback to the company real time. The Survey Gizmo team is great at answering questions and fast to reply.

The voice of our customer is now being heard. Operations and field teams are aware of customer based issues and can resolve them real time.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Erica W.</span>
Erica W.

"Great Site to Take and Create Surveys"

What do you like best?

Taking surveys is pretty simple and easy. I occasionally take surveys from SurveyGozmo and very rarely create surveys. They have a very easy process for creating surveys. It seems more simple than any other site. I highly recommend surveyGizmo!

What do you dislike?

No complaints yet. However, if that changes, I will change my review.

None. I only use it to take surveys. I rarely use it to actually create surveys.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

"Powerful, easy to use survey software"

What do you like best?

Despite having many advanced features, SurveyGizmo is intuitive and easy to use. It is offers great value for money.

I have been using SurveyGizmo for nearly 8 years and have been impressed with how they are always adding new features. The company has excellent customer support staff who respond quickly to any issues.

What do you dislike?

The company occasionally releases new features before all the bugs have been ironed out.

We use SurveyGizmo as a cost effective way of gathering a variety of feedback from our members, stakeholders and staff. We use the tool for everything from event sign-up forms, single question polls, to lengthy customer satisfaction surveys.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Daniel Q.</span>
Daniel Q.

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

It seems to have all the essentials of survey software.

What do you dislike?

The skipping logic with filtered responses is not as straightforward as I’d like. It seems to require some HTML knowledge.

I use it primarily for evaluating programs, and it eliminates the hassle of doing surveys in-person. Being able to download both labels and values, as well as a survey legend, is extremely helpful.

SurveyGizmo review by G2 Crowd User in Sports
G2 Crowd User in Sports

"Easy to use but seems to change often"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and it seems to be mostly user friendly for basic information. I also like how basic reports are when they are created. They're easy to read and to download once they are available.

What do you dislike?

If you want details on reports, it's harder to find those types of details. I never actually feel like I know what I'm doing and I'm just clicking links until I can find what I actually need. Maybe it is available but I wish there were numbers associated to the graphs and that it gave more detailed information and numbers to go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it simple to use but give more details on how to find and run reports and get the information that we need.

We use them for event responses. After each event we send these out to our customers and review them after every single event to learn how we can do things better next year and what changes need to be made.

SurveyGizmo review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Functional platform for quantitative and qualitative collection"

What do you like best?

The ability to build custom templates has saved our company countless man-hours in programming. Surveys are easily customizable, so if I need to format fonts or images, I can do that fairly easily. Their help documentation is also FANTASTIC!

What do you dislike?

We've seen the integration with Google Sheets become more glitchy as of late-- often times, it seems that when site improvements are made, it bottlenecks some other functionality. Your level of technical support is also variable depending on what you pay for their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do offer a trial period, so check it out before jumping right in! They also offer training sessions nationwide where you can get some really great one-on-one learning, so if you're incredibly green to the software, no need to fret. They'll make it easy.

As a (mostly) qualitative recruiting firm, we're able to use SG to recruit quickly and effectively on the web in comparison to more traditional phone center operations. We also use it as a supplement to other native company platforms when our clients require an integrated quantitative solution.

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

"Great survey or online data collection tool"

What do you like best?

I like that SG provides a lot of useful tools for extensive use if users want to get more advanced. Data validation, logics, email action, quiz action. Love those features!

What do you dislike?

Customer support used to have phone option, but now it is email or chat feature. Would love to have the phone call option back.

We use Surveygizmo for data collection. It is HIPAA compliant so it works great for us for our PHI collection needs. We also use it for event registration. It works better than constant contact!

SurveyGizmo review by <span>Kari D.</span>
Kari D.

"Survey Gizmo is the best"

What do you like best?

SG provides the best customer service, along with a great product. Whenever I have a question, they are always there to answer and even will show me step by step how to accomplish my request. Plus, they are the most friendly staff ever!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reports can take awhile to load and scroll through, but this is more to do with our survey being so long.

We've received wonderful feedback through our surveys allowing us to improve our weak areas and accelerate our strengths. We love to hear from our employees and SG allows us to do this in a very efficient manner.