SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is a provider of web-based survey solutions, trusted by millions of companies, organizations and individuals alike to gather the insights they need to make more informed decisions.

Work for SurveyMonkey?

Reviewed On March 14, 2018

Video Review

SurveyMonkey review by <span>Christine W.</span>
Christine W.

Survey Monkey not for academic research

What do you like best?

It delivers a user-friendly experience to research subjects. It's visually appealing and generally easy to follow. If needing a quick survey tool, this is adequate. I would recommend it more for polling a small group rather than for any serious research study. For the former purpose it's great. You have your choice of polling and survey style and display, which is great. You don't need many research skills to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is not secure enough to store sensitive data, which in human subjects research is most any identifying information. I do not recommend it for any kind of human-subjects research requiring IRB approval.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that Survey Monkey can ensure the kind of encryption and security that your data collection requires.

My team does hundreds of participant surveys each year. The program lets us store and organize all those survey results easily. However we have switched over to a tool that is much more secure. For a professional social scientist or researcher, I would not recommend.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SurveyMonkey
SurveyMonkey review by <span>Sara L.</span>
Sara L.

Easy to Use Survey Platform

What do you like best?

SurveyMonkey has always been an extremely easy and convenient free option for conducting surveys. Whether it's for school, work, or side projects, if you need a survey for anything I highly recommend using SurveyMonkey.

What do you dislike?

I personally wish that the logic feature was available for the free option, but I understand that some features need to be more premium and paid to access. Otherwise I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a way to collect insight for market research, product research, general opinion, or ideas for future projects for both school and work, I highly recommend setting up your survey with SurveyMonkey. The free versions are easy to set up, share, collect information, and analyze results.

I've used SurveyMonkey for school marketing research projects and asking for responses to an event that was hosted through my job. It's an excellent way to gain accurate and real insight from customers and your target market when creating an event, product, or service. It's also extremely easy to use on the other end where people take the surveys.

What Survey solution do you use?

SurveyMonkey review by <span>Faith B.</span>
Faith B.

Solid Choice for Surveys

What do you like best?

I like that Survey Monkey provides you with better looking templates than its competitors, such as Google Forms. The interface is not complicated, which makes the website user experience simple. Survey Monkey also offers a great deal of abilities on the free/unpaid account level.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the limit of surveys that can be taken on the free level is 40. For this reason, I sometimes have to use other options like Google Forms and put my aesthetic preferences aside. I suppose if that is the worst thing about Survey Monkey, though, it truly isn't awful. The company has been around for years, and they continue to make improvements to their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic survey-taking purposes, Survey Monkey is a great choice. Usability is simple for survey makers and survey takers. The look of these surveys is better than other options, too. I would not recommend this option if you have no funds for survey taking and must collect over 40 results.

Sometimes, you need answers to questions from your audience, intended audience, etc. The issue with asking these questions in person or over the phone is that people feel inclined to answer questions a certain way; holding back and/or rephrasing their true thoughts. When it comes to online surveys, though, we see that people feel freer to express what they are actually struggling with and/or give a more honest, authentic opinion since they cannot see/hear the interviewer.

SurveyMonkey review by <span>Becca D.</span>
Becca D.

Pretty good, but other options might be better

What do you like best?

Survey Monkey was the first survey tool I ever used. It offers a wide variety of question types, assistance with creating questions, and helpful resources for sharing surveys and analyzing results. I like that you can sort responses by person, or see a summary of responses. I think there are also graphs that it generates automatically, but I'm not sure because I haven't used it very much lately. As a nonprofit manager, I appreciate that they offer a free version that meets the majority of our needs. We are unable to afford a budget for surveys, so Survey Monkey is a great option for nonprofits. I am impressed with this aspect of it.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little outdated now that there are better options like TypeForm and Google Forms. It's not very mobile friendly, and isn't as user friendly as the other previously mentioned options. It looks a little "clunky" compared to newer survey apps. Type Form looks a lot more professional, in my opinion, because I can upload my logo and other images without paying for the service. It also seems to integrate better into other apps and programs that we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering TypeForm or Google Forms instead.

Survey Monkey allows us to conduct surveys for free. It helped us collect responses from members not located near us - paper surveys weren't an option due to distance and the cost of postage.

SurveyMonkey review by <span>Ellie T.</span>
Ellie T.

Very easy to use, gets me information I need all in 1 place

What do you like best?

The simplicity of creating a survey or quiz. Anyone can create one, even without computer skills. You can collect data, get opinions, any sort of information you need from others and gather it in one space. This is much more efficient for me to use than to email people and ask for email responses. People complete my surveys much quicker than they reply to my emails! Perhaps they feel more comfortable, as if they can be honest via survey without "hurting" anyone's feelings. This is totally cool with us.

What do you dislike?

Not as many customizable options for the free version. This is to be expected, though. As they say in life, you get what you pay for. However, I would like to get free trials for better options so I know the exact functionality of what I'd consider paying for. Perhaps they will do this the longer I use SurveyMoney.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure where to begin with a survey tool? Check our SurveyMonkey first and foremost. It has every basic function you could possibly need and is extremely easy for anyone to use, even those without advanced computer skills.

Easier to get answers/feedback from my clients than emails. They are more likely to complete a survey than respond to than email! And it's all in 1 neat place. No need for me or anyone else to copy and paste information from multiple sources. This just makes total sense for us. So glad my team and I took the time to learn how to use SurveyMonkey.

SurveyMonkey review by <span>Nicole M.</span>
Nicole M.

Great for event feedback

What do you like best?

I like the detailed analysis options and the freedom to customize the exact survey experience. We are able to use one of many types of questions to exactly target the information that we want to get. We love the analysis part of the survey expereince.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the design features are cumbersome. The premade or designed questions are helpful but could be improved upon to help you target the exact information that you are targeting. We have people who have studied design creation and that has helped us immeansly, but offering more ingormation on that would be heloful

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best survey product on the market. We only use the free verson, but if we had the need for the pro version, I am sure it would be even more helpful

We have improved our event planning and have been able to optimize turnout for events. We were able to upgrade our venue based on feedback from a survey and had improved turnout for the next event that we had been nervous would be too expensive.

Learning about SurveyMonkey?

* We monitor all SurveyMonkey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.