Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Swagbucks

3.8
(395 reviews)

Swagbucks is the Web's premier rewards and loyalty destination.

Work for Swagbucks?

Learning about Swagbucks?

Swagbucks Reviews

Showing 398 Swagbucks reviews
Swagbucks review by Lucian M.
Lucian M.

"Swagbucks - earn with surveys, games, deals and more"

What do you like best?

Diversity of surveys, games, videos, deals. I use it for close to 2 years now and I always get rewards. I like do fill out surveys, but also to discover and try out different products. Also you get cash back when you buy items that you need from your favorite stores like Amazon, Dell, Roots, and much more. You can apply for financial products, grocery websites, eating delivery apps, trying games or different apps and much more. For some products you need to wait for 4 to 6 weeks or more, depending on the product requirements.

What do you dislike?

Some surveys pay low, sometimes you get errors, some surveys are too long. Generally, lately, the survey experience improved considerably. The rewards are applied automatically, either for surveys or cash back for items. If you don't see a reward after the expected wait period, you can contact the receptive customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with surveys and big offers to save more faster

Earn extra money in gift cards, cash back or PayPal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Swagbucks
Swagbucks review by Hannah J.
Hannah J.

"Swagbucks is a great tool for interacting with people"

What do you like best?

I love that so many people use Swagbucks. Because it is such a wide platform, this product's use is endless. From having users earn rewards to buying merchandise, the possibilities of this product are numerous. Personally, I love that we can link and advertise on multiple different links on this product. In addition, we can have surveys give different award amounts to the user. As a user, I absolutely love how easy it is to earn rewards and cash them in for different products.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the surveys time out or lose connection and any progress isn't saved. So, in essence, you lose the time you have spent on that survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to those who need to incentive others to know your brand.

As a business, you can get your name out their by offering incentives to the user by having them buy products/services and reward them, or by watching your ad, or by answering questions.

What Customer Advocacy solution do you use?

Swagbucks review by Cortney P.
Cortney P.

"Fun way to earn game day money."

What do you like best?

I like everything about this program. I like that I can access it from my phone or desktop. I like that I can understand the promotions very clearly. I like that most SB are rewarded quickly and I don't have any trouble following up.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that can be a trouble is that when qualifying for surveys it often asks the same questions three times within five minutes of you don't qualify. I understand each survey needs to proof you but I wish there were a better preventing so I would attempt ten surveys before I could take one. This is so much a problem the I won't keep using the program though.

We use this "fund" for our game nights or group activities. We do the little online shopping for our business on qualifying sites but mostly this is for fun.

Swagbucks review by Akshay V.
Akshay V.

"Good way to earn on the sides"

What do you like best?

The survey questions are very genuine and simple and if the person does not want to answer that question, there is an option for that too. The best part is the time and rewards. They also donate to charity. Refer Friends to earn and when they earn, you get 10% of their income. This is the best part of this website.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, you don't get rewarded even if you complete the survey taking 20-25 minutes of time.

When you enter any survey you make sure that you must be rewarded by some points.

Also sometimes the website does not load properly on the browser. Mobile application is what I personally prefer and recommend others to use. It is free to download on any platform including iOS or android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recommended for people who want to earn on the sides.

Earning on the sides is always good, you can even donate to charity.

Donating to the charity is always good. You can earn just by answering surveys or referring friends.

Swagbucks review by Michele L.
Michele L.

"Swagbucks Isn't Just Another Survey Site"

What do you like best?

I like that Swagbucks offers a variety of ways to earn Swagbucks. It's not only surveys. You can get credit for making purchases, watching videos and one of the easiest ways to earn is by using it as your search engine.

What do you dislike?

I'm in patient by nature so it seems to take too long to rack up points. But again, I believe it's more my nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use.. There are several ways to earn Swagbucks that can be used to purchase Amazon gift cards or sent to your payoal account. There are also different stores that you can use your pointa at. It's very easy to stack up points. You can earn a certain percentage of points for purchases at stores most people would shop at. You can also earn points by watching videos, playing games, doing surveys and using Swagbuck's search engine.

I have not yet used Swagbucks for business. The benefits that I realize are the shopping benefits. I try to make enough to use my Swagbucks for my monthly Amazon purchases.

Swagbucks review by Abigail T.
Abigail T.

"My experience using Swagbucks"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks is a fairly easy way to earn extra money through gift cards, and the variety of ways this program allows you to earn points is also refreshing. You can take surveys, watch videos, and even buy gift cards and play video games to earn points!

What do you dislike?

The amount of time and effort required versus the payoff seemed to be a bit off, with myself putting in at least 5+ hours only to make 5-10 dollars. That is something that might be nice to see change in the user's favor (bigger payoff for the work put in).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good product, and if you are dedicated enough to stick with it, you can make some money and earn gifts.

This is a great way to get gift cards that can be gifted to our partners and used as incentive for job development. Although it requires some effort to make money with this program, there is no cost to use it

Swagbucks review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Swabucks For Business - Brand-Building & Employee Rewards"

What do you like best?

It works without any work. We always recommend Swagbucks to our CPG clients because it reaches an already active online buying audience. Participants just buy what they intended to, and the system automatically adds up their swagbucks. They can choose to buy gift cards with the SB points, and keep buying or give the gift cards for gifts or use them later. We use Swagbucks internally for business expense reporting: EX: Expedia, Hotels.com, Amazon which are sites we use most often for business so all of their expenses are in one place and they enjoy the rewards.

What do you dislike?

The Swagbucks app takes up a bit more active screen real estate than they need to and at times it's annoying. If I'm reading a business article that has an ad for coffee on it, Swagbucks drops down and thinks I should buy coffee now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are always recommending this to our CPG clients as you get direct exposure to an active online buying audience. You can use it to have that same audience take surveys and they get rewards for doing so to go buy more of your product. I also recommend it as a great employee benefit that isn't expensive but is a great reward.

We are always seeking to add great employee benefits that aren't expensive but are great rewards. We're also always seeking ways to help make expense reporting easier, more timely and more accurate.

We are also always looking for innovative ways for our CPG customers to reach and engage an active online buying audience.

Swagbucks review by Christin W.
Christin W.

"Decent way to get gift cards"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it can be. Earning a gift card passively while doing things that you normally do? Yes, please! Shopping for the office has never been more fun. The points back system is pretty varied, there are a lot of stores that participate. The surveys can be a little brutal to get through (if you can actually make it to the end,) but there are so many ways to earn points that there should always be something for everyone. I also enjoy the surprise swag codes during my day and surprise points rewarded for searches sometimes.

What do you dislike?

In order to earn many points quickly, you must be willing to take surveys and watch videos unless you shop online with a 'participating' store. Surveys are almost impossible to finish, let alone get credit for, and sometimes the Swagbutton turns off for no reason, meaning you will not get the credit for your shopping if you check out without it activated. I need to keep an eye on it and sometimes open a new window at the site to reactivate the button so I get credit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works best if you either shop online a lot, or have a lot of free time to watch videos and complete surveys. Worth the time it takes to download the Swagbutton, I use it multiple times a day.

Our Office Manager has made me the person in the office that does all the ordering ever since she found out I can get credit for the supplies we need anyway. This solved confusing inventory issues we had as well as organized the office supply invoices as I only shop for the office at 2 places now, as opposed to many. I save up all the gift cards we get and put them towards things for the office that the Big Boss wants, but doesn't know he wants. :) (Like Christmas lights, or a shiny new candy bowl.)

Swagbucks review by Renee H.
Renee H.

"Effort equals money"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of completing surveys, tasks, watching videos, and more to earn points that equal cash or gift cards. Information is explained beforehand which is great for prerequisites.

What do you dislike?

A lot of SB do NOT calculate properly! Or you spent the 5 minutes entering and answering and do not qualify! There should be more points invested even if you do not qualify to get you motivated to even answer most of the name, email, address, age, gender...and other background questions. Frequently, you complete a challenge and never receive payout. Which can be irritating for longer, 20 minute, links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like everything, it is what you make of it. For a user point of view—if you put the time in to help businesses, answer surveys and questionnaires, and dedicate yourself to not qualifying and still trying then there will be benefit involved.

Benefits are that you can turn your Swagbucks into gift cards and never have to buy your morning coffee again! That’s such a great benefit.

Swagbucks review by Layne C.
Layne C.

"Nice way to earn points for gift cards"

What do you like best?

It's really convenient having the Swagbucks button on my home page of my internet browser and it pops up every time there is a chance to earn. It seems to work on most of the websites I visit instead of just a few with gives more opportunities to earn points and eventually gift cards to places. There are also multiple options for the gift cards they offer and multiple ways to earn points. If you go to their website, you can do small tasks to earn points or earn more points by signing up for various products or rewards. Some of the tasks are enjoyable as well and don't take much time. Some of the tasks are even things I would normally do anyway and now I'm getting something from doing them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pop-ups on every page I go to on the internet can get annoying. It would be nice if the pop-up did not take up so much of the screen but was a small flashing button perhaps. Just something smaller to allow you to notice that there may be chances to earn but it doesn't block anything on the webpage you are looking at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give it a try! You can earn rewards for things you do already.

Any business tools I purchase online I can earn points from. I have realized that I'm purchasing these things anyway so it's nice to earn something for them. There are many benefits you can earn from Swagbucks. The website is also pleasant to visit and navigate through. The buttons are all very large and the pictures are relevant and inviting.

Swagbucks review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Swagbucks Passive Holiday Income"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks is the best way to make some passive Holiday income without much work. You can do simple surveys, get points for shopping at stores online you already shop at, and even set up your computer watch advertisements and videos. Points turn into gift cards. If done throughout the year, it can be a great income stream for Christmas gifts.

What do you dislike?

There are options for signing up for free gifts or subscriptions, but sometimes those do not pay out like they claim they do. I would recommend folks to stay away from signing up for "free subscriptions" or trying to get free samples for points. One other feature that needs improvement is their App. There are other survey and gift card websites that have far better mobile applications. Improving their mobile app and allowing users to be able to do more is something that needs improvement. In today's technological age, most people use their mobile app far more than a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swagbucks is a great way to earn gift cards. It is free and if you spend 30 minutes a day you could easily have $200 in gift cards by Christmas next year. Start on January 1st - make it a New Years Resolution - and don't worry about not having enough money for next year's Christmas gifts. It's a great website, secure and easy!

Swagbucks is a good way for businesses to advertise their products. It's a good way for folks to find products they probably normally wouldn't had they not have viewed the video and advertising. In return the person viewing the video will get points towards gift cards. It's a win win for everyone.

Swagbucks review by Marissa G.
Marissa G.

"Easy Survey's"

What do you like best?

I like that you can take simple surveys, watch videos and have a lot of options for rewards. For paypal, gift cards, it makes it very easy.

What do you dislike?

It seems like it is going to take a lot of surveys to save up for any good paypal rewards. The giftcards look great and all, but I would like to actually get paid for my time taking the surveys and watching the videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it a little easier for guests to qualify for the surveys. To win any of the paypal cash outs it takes a very long time, and it would be nice to have surveys and videos have more payout, and be easier qualified to complete.

The business problems I am solving for myself is to make more money. I do surveys to make extra money on the side and I think that it is great.

Swagbucks review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Make extra money the easy way!"

What do you like best?

I like the different ways to earn money, so it does not get tedious. There are surveys, videos to watch, shopping opportunities for many stores, and other activities you can try out to earn SwagBucks.

Also, you can redeem the SwagBucks for many gift cards, or even PayPal to get actual cash.

There are also contests frequently and you can earn bonus SwagBucks as well. Also there is in-home testing for products as a way to earn more SwagBucks. You just have to complete surveys to get qualified for the in-home testing of products.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes surveys do not credit, but if you take screen grabs of the completion page, then you usually get credit after the issue is researched on the Swagbucks end. You just have to submit a support ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SwagBucks is meant to help you generate additional cash, but mostly for personal use. You can purchase office or business related items, but there are thousands of other merchants and gift cards that can be earned and redeemed.

Although Swagbucks is not for business productivity specifically, I have purchased some office products and earned SwagBucks by using the SwagsBucks extension.

I have also purchased business items with gift cards after they have been redeemed.

Swagbucks review by Ryanne R.
Ryanne R.

"Swagbucks takes little effort to earn money"

What do you like best?

I like being able to complete surveys, stream videos, and purchase items while earning money. I like that it is very user friendly. I like that you get to choose how to cash in on your rewards and that they don't expire.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that they increase your daily minimum as you do more activities. The minimum gets so high that I run out of activities to perform. I wouldn't mind if it increased each day of the week, but then decreases when you get back to the start of the week.

I like to browse on Swagbucks to see what companies or products are trending. I also like to take survey's knowing it is helpful to other companies. And, I like ordering company supplies through businesses that are on Swagbuck's.

Swagbucks review by Maggie M.
Maggie M.

"Swagbucks has been a tried-and-true search engine for me"

What do you like best?

I've been using Swagbucks for over 6 years, and I love how the experience has grown into a user-friendly and fun way to search and earn online rewards. I have earned so many Swagbucks over the years which I've redeemed for Amazon or Starbucks gift cards. I've been able to save them and purchase big items, purchase a considerable amount of gifts, or even treat myself to a book or coffee.

What do you dislike?

I haven't always been pleased with the choices for special offers. Sometimes the surveys will disqualify you after you've completed a significant portion of it. I stopped doing surveys years ago because of this. It wasn't worth the time anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get involved with the community, reach out to support (they are really helpful) and recommend this service to others for referral credits.

It makes searching and learning about new services fun! I've realized that the search engine can pull up results that haven't been picked up in other search engines.

Swagbucks review by Babis D.
Babis D.

"Something to do in your free time and make some extra bucks!"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks is a great way to make online money by taking some easy surveys, playing online games and entering in their sweepstakes ! Swagbucks offers a variety of ways of making money online while having fun. Swagbucks offers the user the opportunity to achieve swag points that you can conver to anything you want from Gift Cards to Paypal money. Not only does Swagbucks offer surveys to earn cash but Swagbucks also also offers a great referral program! For every referral, you'll get 10% of their earnings for life! You can invite them through email, by sharing your referral link or by using their promotion banners.

What do you dislike?

The length of some of the surveys, sometimes a’re way too long,it is gimmicky and crowded with fake offers (like mobile games, etc.).The site itself is a bit disorganized, which can make it confusing for some. It also kind of makes it seem like a scam, but I assure you it is not! Sometimes the surveys offers and Discover offers don't credit and say that you don't match their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No business problems. Benefit is extra income, although slow. It could at least give some few extra SB points so it could be easier for us.

Swagbucks review by Ranjan Kumar B.
Ranjan Kumar B.

"One destination for Harvesting Rewards and Search whatever you want!!!"

What do you like best?

I like the multi-faceted services offered by Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a cool, dashing and very importantly a ‘make you busy’ site. Swagbucks (SB) has been a part and parcel of my life since December 2016. I was a bit confused in initial days mainly because of lots of operations, icons, and links. However, once I got familiar with, I got to know that it’s a place for multiple activities which suites very well to 21st Century people like me who believe in multi-tasking. It’s a reward site (for small tasks like surveys, special offers, trade-in programs, shopping etc.). It is also a great search-engine backed by Google itself.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the low conversion of available surveys and offers especially for me as an Indian. I have tried many surveys with a very few worked for me. The amount of reward is good but it is less in comparison to the time you spend. SB need to bring more surveys and offers for Indian citizens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swagbucks is a great site for reward programs that would take less time to bag some bucks every day. I have been using it since 2016. Interestingly, you can earn just for using it as a search engine You may devote at least 30 minutes every day to get the maximum out of the site. Be it survey or offers there is a great demand among users to grab these earning opprtuities. All surveys and offers have limitations in terms of time, geography and target groups. Hence, one should use it every day and participate in surveys and offers as soon as they see the opportunities.

I am solving two business problems and getting two benefits using Swagbucks since I am using it.

1) I am using it as a dedicated search engine. It is safe and useful.

2) I am using it for brand advocacy. It became possible as Swagbucks is itself a big brand.

Swagbucks review by Katherine W.
Katherine W.

"Interesting piece of Technology"

What do you like best?

I like that I can earn a little bit of extra money from this during work! The fact that you can have a lot of opportunities and things that gain you extra money. Like when you use certain websites, you can add more websites that you don't always use. I like that it shows you which websites that you spend on will gain you swagbucks. It is a clever way for companies to get you to spend money, or more money even, on their products. That is a benefit to you and to the companies that you buy from. It means that they will stay in business longer and you can use their products and benefits longer, too!! :)

What do you dislike?

I dislike all of the ads and popups that show up. The popups are just deals and surveys that you can do, really. However, they do get a bit annoying when you don't want to do a survey at that point in time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are willing to have the toolbar! It really helps with knowing when you can earn rewards.

Swagbucks gives me an opportunity to earn a little bit extra while I do what I do normally. I also am able to take surveys when I need a little extra oomph that week or month!

I recommend that you pay attention to the normal websites you go to! They sometimes pop up with the Swagbucks logo, and you can use that for your benefit. You should always click to add Swagbucks so you get the bonus points on everything you spend! :)

Swagbucks review by User

"Awesome Rewards!!! "

What do you like best?

Swagbucks is a GREAT platform to earn rewards, learn about new products/services, and share your opinion via surveys. You earn points you can use to buy gift cards from, stores like Starbucks and Amazon. Absolutely LOVE IT!!!

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about Swagbucks. There is truly NOTHING to dislike! It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important that you get familiar with the system to get the best out of this platform and teh different ways you can earn points. Also, when you take teh surveys you HAVE to pay attention and read the questions before you choose an answer. If you are not paying attentions and choose an answer that doesn't make sense you will be locked from taking surveys. You earn points for every survey you take and taking surveys is also part of your Daily Goal which gives you the opportunity to earn bonus points. If you get looked out you can message customer service and they will give you another chance. Yet, it's best to prevent going through that hassle so it's important to pay atention when you answer the surveys. Also, when you reedem your points make 100% sure to read the fine print. Some gift cards have restriction and getting your points back is not possible in most cases.

I've been able to save a LOT of money with the rewards I earn. I get points every time I pay for services I already use like GoDaddy. I also get points when I buy things at Best Buy, Amazon and similar stores.

Swagbucks review by Stefanie C.
Stefanie C.

"An interesting way for customers to learn about you and earn free stuff"

What do you like best?

Search the web and complete surveys to earn points towards gift cards and other items - consumers love that sort of thing so of course, it will garner a lot of engagement.

What do you dislike?

All the emails for trial offers are ridiculous and may deter people from going through the process entirely. It seems like a younger audience which is good and bad - really depends on what type of product you have and the audience you need to reach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out what you want to know before you go forth with the process - meaning what is it you want to learn from consumers? Think of how you can get the info you want and move forward.

Reach a new audience that you wouldn't normally be able to. Learn about what it is they like and find new ways to market to them.

Swagbucks review by Riley F.
Riley F.

"Swagbucks Benefits"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to complete surveys and get rewarded for completing them! It is a super easy and convenient way to get benefits for providing my opinions and experiences.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long some of the surveys can be and how time consuming some of them are. Also, it will sometimes "un-match" you from a survey if it does not think you are a good fit which can be frustrating as it will tell you halfway through the survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you will qualify for the survey before you begin to fill it out because you will often get told in the middle of the survey that you do not meet the requirements or criteria for the survey. So, ensure that you align with what the survey is looking for before completing it.

The benefits are that you can receive benefits for completing surveys about components of your everyday life. It is hard to solve business problems with this app, however it is useful for gaining rewards for providing your skilled, business opinion.

Swagbucks review by John S.
John S.

"Swagbucks: Great Side Money, If Done Right"

What do you like best?

We like how Swagbucks helps us make a little pocket change once in a while. Ever since this past summer, we've made $192 on Swagbucks. We like how Swagbucks can be earned quickly and easily by investing in other peoples' products, by which you can get a return in the form of SB, where 1 SB is approximately one cent (or a little bit over 1 cent, depending on whether or not you are buying gift cards).

What do you dislike?

We dislike how Swagbucks videos and surveys earn such little money. At most times, earning minimum wage earns more than Swagbucks videos and surveys. Plus, these videos and surveys are most often not profitable, due to the fact that electricity costs and wifi or data costs needed to run these videos and surveys are higher than actual earnings in SB. Also, SB takes so much time to process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Swagbucks, make sure that you give yourself enough time to plan for rewards.

Through Swagbucks, we are solving the business problem of not being able to receive pocket change for spare time. Whether it be time spent waiting in line for something, or on the phone for a customer, we want to make sure that we are using our time efficiently and making a little bit of pocket change. Free time adds up over time, and we want to make sure that we are resourceful with our time for our company.

Swagbucks review by Spencer S.
Spencer S.

"Swagbucks messes up with computers"

What do you like best?

The principle of giving people something in exchange for their opinion is great. People are more likely to answer a questionnaire if they can earn stuff. The other positive aspect is the fact that it tells you about how long each questionnaire takes so people know what to expect.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it slows down user's computers and it keeps popping windows out of the blue. Sometimes I feel like it could give virus to people's computers. It constantly asks me to add swag buttons which again, slow down my computer, and are annoying. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend since I feel like it installs a lot of extra stuff that you don't need and just slow your computer down and potentially may give you virus.

No benefits in my business so far.

Swagbucks review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"Swagbucks is a great way to earn money by taking surveys on your own time!"

What do you like best?

It is convenient and probably has the best "prizes" out of all of the survey applications I've used before. The surveys are relatively short and the earnings are good. You're able to take surveys, watch videos, and purchase items in order to earn points to redeem as cash or gift cards.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Swagbucks will have you start the survey and then half way through they realize you are not the right candidate and you're not able to take the survey any longer. I wish they would have a better protocol for reviewing candidates so that I would not waste so much time taking a survey I can't earn points on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It is an easy to way to take surveys and network while earning points for cash and gift cards.

Swagbucks is a great way to get more familiar with programs and ideas. They also have advertisements that you can watch in order to earn points to redeem. It is convenient and easy to use.

Swagbucks review by Farid S.
Farid S.

"Very Low Rewards for Participants - Unable to see Long Term Strategy"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks is easy to use. You install the app, enter a few pieces of personal information, and voila, you are presented with different money making opportunities that range from watching videos, performing surveys, giving feedback on miscellaneous items, etc. From a marketing standpoint, I know I can target a younger audience that is looking to make a few dollars.

What do you dislike?

The rewards are far too low, for example, performing tasks that take upwards 15 to 30 minutes will yield maybe $2 at the most and even so, many times they tell you that you are not qualified, even after having answered multiple questions. This gets old after a while and as a user of the application it becomes tedious to use.

From a marketing standpoint, although I will get a swarm of low income earners who are seeking to make a dollar here and there, I am fully aware that they will do anything to bend the system in order to become qualified enough to be selected as a participants or quickly answer survey questions in order to get the reward. You simply cannot expect valuable information coming out of any type of marketing research that comes from here, unless you are secretly promoting a brand to the audience in a subliminal fashion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Examine your audience. If your audience is young adults looking to do anything to earn a dollar here or there, go for it, but if you're looking to do brand awareness to this sector, by all means, go for it.

As a user, I wanted to earn money but from a marketing standpoint, I was researching it to see if we could market our products through it in a subliminal way.

Swagbucks review by User in Financial Services

"Fun App to Earn Bucks for Swag*"

What do you like best?

This application provides the opportunity to earn points and then redeem them for giftcards. Points can be earned by simply surfing the web, watching videos, completing surveys. You also earn Swagbucks for shopping through their application.

What do you dislike?

When I tried to login multiple times on the android app, I received error messages advising that the server couldn't be reached. This is very problematic. The search engine the site uses is through Yahoo, so even though you're earning Swagbucks, you need to utilize Yahoo as a search engine which is a downside to this if you are used to using alternative search engines (Google)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend users of this application to be wary of special-offers which may end up costing the user more than the reward offer is actually worth. (E.g Having to spend $20.00 for a special-offer and only earning half the amount of that in Swagbucks) Users looking to sign-up for special-offers with companies need to be wary of these companies brand-reputation before signing up. Also, some survey's may be time-consuming and may not be financially profitable in the long-run. Users need to be aware of this before venturing off into the Swagbucks universe.

It is very easy to rack up Swagbucks via this interface as the program is very simple to use.

Swagbucks review by Samantha R.
Samantha R.

"Swagbucks is a great way to earn rewards"

What do you like best?

I like their surveys the best because it is easy to do and yet I actually learn new things every time I take a new survey. They even convince me to purchase things outside of what I usually do! Additionally, they offer cash back on things I already was going to purchase!

What do you dislike?

Like all "paid" services, sometimes it can all be overwhelming and I will tend to stop using Swagbucks for a short time before heading back. Also, Swagbucks appears to be deceiving about their referral program, as they say you will earn your referral's points too (but only once they make a certain amount).

I've gotten some free rewards, but more importantly I have learned real information about products I use or want to use! I learned about flea and tick prevention for my dogs- things that I had not previously known!

Swagbucks review by User in Internet

"Easy Money"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the variety of surveys, games, etc. As a work from home mom of 3, I enjoy participating in surveys that concern finances, products I purchase and entertainment. I've also earned points by referring Swagbucks to my friends and family. Overall, it is an easy way to earn free gift cards and I will continue to recommend Swagbucks.

What do you dislike?

The website itself can be overwhelming when just joining. It took a few attempts at playing on the website until I felt more comfortable in navigating. Also, due to personal preferences, etc, you may not qualify to participate in all surveys, but will not find that information out until you've answered several questions. That can feel time consuming to not earn full amount of points. However, for every survey attempted, you can still earn one point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it time! It is a real and legit way to earn gift cards. I wouldn't spend hours upon hours because the time spent on surveys, games, etc can add up and it may not be worth it in the end for a $25 gift card. However, chipping away at earning points while playing games, surveys and completing tasks is pretty simple and can be fun down time.

I have realized the value of marketing techniques. Everything matters in marketing; is the slogan too lengthy /wordy, will these colors and branding positively or negatively effect consumers?

Swagbucks review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Swag bucks review"

What do you like best?

I like that Swagbucks is a website where you can earn rewards by doing activities you normally do. I can shop, search the web, watch videos and play games, print coupons, and, the best part, complete surveys. Every time I complete an activity I earn Swagbucks. This application is a great way to bring in a lot of extra money! I've already made over $300 with it!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I feel that it is difficult to find tasks relevant to me that will earn me swagbucks. I often forget that I can complete tasks through this program and miss out on what it might have to offer me. A lot of times, I get disqualified from completing surveys. Because of this, I miss out on a lot of survey opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have enough time to dedicate completing surveys--they are well worth it when you put forth the time and effort to complete them! In addition, always, always, always use the Swagbucks search method--you will frequently get surprised with bonus SB. They might seem small at first, but the rewards add up real quickly, making it well worth it.

I don't believe that there are any problems that this program is necessarily helping me solve. It is a nice resource to complete the tasks I complete on a regular basis and be able to earn rewards for it; however, I don't find it motivating enough to make me want to complete the tasks. Occasionally, there is an issue with a reward showing up. The company isn't too expedient on returning an email when there is an issue.

Swagbucks review by J B.
J B.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks is fun! The search function and ability to earn rewards keeps you entertained for a long time. It is an up and comer and in my opinion will someday be compared to the likes of google. The surveys and daily polls never seem to disappoint me! Content is fresh and they are good at keeping it up to date.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the userface as I feel that it is a bit cluttered. I also dislike how long it takes to earn rewards, but it is not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Swagbucks is a smart choice for both business and consumers because both can get a lot out of it including cash, discounts and rewards!

We have ads at the beginning of their videos. I have realized that using swagbucks gets our reach a lot further than it would with standard advertising.

Swagbucks review by User in Financial Services

"Swagbucks for Extra Cash"

What do you like best?

I use Swagbucks as a quick way to pick up about $20 a month with very little effort. Use it as your search engine, answer quick surveys and keep videos running in the background.

What do you dislike?

Remember that each swagbuck is essentially one cent. Do what you can, but don’t spend eight hours earning 200 swagbucks (that’s $2!). I like to click through videos or answer surveys when I’m watching tv on the couch and not really doing anything anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t rely on this as a way to earn a lot of extra money. You’ll see people claiming they make a hundred a month, but they must be spending hours to do so.

I’m not really solving business problems, but I do realize it’s a quick easy way to have an extra $20 a month. I usually let mine stack up and cash in when I need a gift (baby, bridal, birthday, etc). The benefits are that you are in control and you can spend as little or as much time as you want using it.

Swagbucks review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Great for fun and to make extra money"

What do you like best?

I like that you can be on your computer and be making money. IT's pretty quick and easy especially after you have been doing it a while. There are many ways to earn money. It can be like an "Ebates" type system where you click through before you make a purchase, you can read emails and earn cash, or you can put in "swag codes" and earn points for gift cards.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's hard to log out of, especially if you connect through a social media account. It can be very time consuming. To make good money, you have to be VERY constant with it. It can be very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great but it is time consuming for consumers. So it's best to make sure that you are reaching a certain audience.

It can create revenue. It can help you reach an audience that you might not have reached before. As a consumer, it's an easy way to make money.

Swagbucks review by Timothy V.
Timothy V.

"Great supplemental income"

What do you like best?

I like the passive videos that they have. During the end of quarters and near the holiday seasons you can make quite a bit of money. They also have a large community that alert you to easy offers that reward you with more points. They also run events to reward more points. My favorite GPT

What do you dislike?

Its just to bad that users like myself get soft banned from passive videos. Also earnings is dedicated by the amount advertising dollars that dry out during q1 and q2

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say advertisers should pay for swagbucks service because it has a large user base and lots of people they can advertise to.

Advertisers get a lot of visability because users will play videos constantly. Even though it can be passive advertisements will still be seens esp how swagbucks makes the advertisement take up your whole screen

Swagbucks review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use—if you have time "

What do you like best?

There are a lot of different options for engaging with prospects on the site. Surveys, product trial reward, etc. Depending on what your audience is looking for, you can probably find at least one option for engagement on this site--or try multiple and see what works best.

What do you dislike?

I’ve experienced loading issues on the site. Often I have to refresh the site and start over on what I'm working on or just try again another time. As a user this is frustrating, but knowing that this could be the experience of other users as well is a yellow flag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out as a user, see how people might engage.

Great option for surveys. People here are already looking to take surveys for rewards or try products at a discount or for rewards, so it's an already-engaged audience and easy to get to qualified participants/reach prospects.

Swagbucks review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Fantastic Way to Earn a Bit of Holiday Income"

What do you like best?

Using Swagbucks is an easy way to make a rather passive income by playing games and filling out services. Ideally, it would be a fantastic marketing platform to put your product in front of your target audiences. Swagbucks is constantly being marketed as a budget/passive income-driven service, so I am not surprised when I hear from a much wider target audience.

What do you dislike?

Many of the surveys available don't end up crediting the user. It's a shame because then it leaves a sour note for that product on Swagbucks. Despite this, Swagbucks is often seen in a positive light, thus shining on its product catalog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swagbucks will be mainly used for personal use, though you can find useful items that you can use to grow your business. Perfect for brand recognition and being synonymous with saving money.

Mainly just using the service as another avenue for revenue. It has worked from a consumer and business standpoint. When starting my small merchandising business, I was allowed to set target points for a consumer, and finding that target was key.

Swagbucks review by Virginia C.
Virginia C.

"Product used for survey taking "

What do you like best?

I like that you can take surveys to make a little extra money. The surveys are user friendly and easy to take. They are usually relative to my life style and personal likings, as well as quick and not too time consuming.

What do you dislike?

The amount of junk emails and SPAM you get on a daily and weekly basis. Even after selecting no emails and unsubscribing to email chains, I still receive emails that are not relative to me and the surveys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great website to take surveys and get some extra money!

I am not solving many business problems with Swagbucks, but I am able to take surveys to get extra gift cards and money in addition to my normal career. I have realized it is an easy way to make a little extra money from sitting at home! I can log on whenever I have some free time and take a few surveys for points. Once I have enough points, I can select the reward I would like to redeem (Amazon, VISA, Starbucks, etc.).

Swagbucks review by Cyndi D.
Cyndi D.

"Love Swagbucks"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks does a great job screening those attempting to take surveys to ensure that those taking the surveys are qualified and are of the targeted audience. Surveys are easy to use and those who complete a survey are rewarded with "swagbucks" for doing so which can be redeemed for giftcards.

What do you dislike?

Some of the surveys can be long and occasionally, a few swagbuck users have multiple accounts and are therefore able to attempt the survey more than once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Swagbucks as implementation was easy, co-workers have had nothing but positive feedback while creating surveys and reading the results.

Swagbuck surveys allows me to get a better understanding of what apartment seekers are looking for when they are renting an apartment and as the surveys are nationwide I'm able to target a larger market than the regional market targeted through other sources.

My company also enjoys that we don't have to rely on our mailchimp account to get participants for the surveys; people come to us and we quickly get responses.

Swagbucks review by Tess D.
Tess D.

"Worth trying but not worth investing a lot time into."

What do you like best?

I like the options when it comes to earning Swagbucks. If you like movie trailers, you can watch a bunch of those and earn credit. If you like surveys, you can answer several of those and earn.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time that you have to invest in order to obtain and substantial credit. And if you don't use that app for a while, the credits vanish. That's completely unfair because everyone gets busy every now and then and you shouldn't be punished for that. The amount of time invested in this app isn't really worth it unless you're willing to dedicate your phone to having that app run all the time, every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need more incentives to stick with their program. Watching 6 videos in a row just to get one Swagbuck credit isn't beneficial. Now if they started taking pages from Achievemint's book, giving incentives for healthy activities, then they might have something interesting. The important thing is to encourage your user to use your app and I feel like they haven't really done that.

Honestly, the only real business marketing benefit I've found is that it helps narrow down various demographics. When you take a survey, you fill out information that's targeted to you and your sex/age/generation demographics.

Swagbucks review by KATRINA L.
KATRINA L.

"Swagbucks help me get many free gift cards and help me pay a few bills. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can exchange my time online to collect a few gift cards because the thing I do on Swagbucks I was going to do them anyway. I look up information like everyday but it much funnier to get a gift card by doing so. I like it because it don't take a lot to earn Swagbucks. If I spend time with Swagbucks I at least earn around $25 in gift cards. I like to cash out two time a year on my birthday and after the New Years.

What do you dislike?

I really like video but I wish they add more of my interest. It seem like the same video are played more than once. I need more ways to recruit other people to the website. It nice that I can check the same email that they send me throw my email but I only need one. So I don't check the one that on the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes because it is free to use and it like the company is pay you to do Simpy task on or through the website.

This is a great way to save on anything for example. My birthday month I cash out at least $150 in gift cards. I get a chance to pay off two bills and since I am coupon shopper I get a lot of items for the low price and free. The gift card help pay the remaining balance.

Swagbucks review by Bob D.
Bob D.

"A good service to use since it's well known"

What do you like best?

Swagbucks has been around since I can remember. When I first stumbled on it, I thought it was just a way to earn some extra rewards from the searches I would just be googling anyway. Little did I know that it's a great platform for survey data. What I think makes it so useful, is that users get drawn in based on the idea of rewards for doing something they were already going to do (ie searching via google or a different platform), so then they get interested in what else the site has to offer, and come across the surveys. Since Swagbucks offers rewards for users to complete the surveys (paid for by you, me, or anyone that wants to get market data), this makes Swagbucks one of the easiest ways to get a large amount of data from a diverse background.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the use, they could offer better rewards to those who answer the surveys. Sometimes I could get a few lackluster responses that would skew data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swagbucks has a large install base, which is helpful if you need a lot of data.

Use for testing what users find most appealing in the systems and sites I have designed in order to maximize efficiency.

Swagbucks review by cassandra c.
cassandra c.

"Not a sustainable income source but a fun way to earn a little extra"

What do you like best?

Pop culture belonging, influence, weaving social media with traditional media. Flash giveaways on Facebook are a great way to hold user engagement. Being able to see a real person won keeps users interested.

What do you dislike?

Wish it paid cash to my bank, not Paypal. Paypal is "as good as cash" in most cases but sometimes it's nice to have a random direct deposit pop into your actual checking account, not Paypal. Though it's always nice when you're already planning to spend money to log into Paypal and see a balance to spend!

Recommendations to others considering the product

why not give it a go? the smallest gift card is $5 so it doesn't take long to earn. use it over wifi and it's pretty easy to earn while watching tv.

Identifying demographics and keeping up with trends in pop culture, guiding our eye to trends and who's intereacting on Facebook. Being able to see the face using certain brands is valuable.

Swagbucks review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Swagbucks is easy to navigate, offers rewards for your searches, and offers customer feedback."

What do you like best?

I appreciate how you are able to get rewarded with fun prizes just for conducting research online!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Search Engine Optimization isn't the best, and it may not come up with the results that I was necessarily looking for at the top but I'm able to find them a few places down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great search engine, and does well to accommodate for some searches that Google may not have in their top results.

We've been able to find some search results in the top results that Google may not have, just because some of them are a little more obscure which can actually be fairly beneficial when conducting research online.

Swagbucks review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Swagbucks"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Swagbucks are all the different options for companies/products to advertise and get public feedback. It makes it so easy for anyone to be able to use and feel as though they are making an impact. As a user, I like having the opportunity to share my opinions while making a little extra cash. It is a really easy way to take surveys, watch videos, etc. in your spare time. There is something for everyone in all different modalities that make it convenient to use wherever you are and whenever you can.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can sometimes be tricky to qualify for some surveys. It feels as though you've taken an entire survey at times and they say you don't qualify so you get nothing for your time, which can be frustrating. I also dislike that there are times when not a lot of opportunities are offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expand your horizon, watch videos, review shows, take surveys and let your opinion impact companies who value it.

Swagbucks helps get input on things we might want to implement while also giving us a look at other options from other companies. A benefit of using this software is being able to include many different people with different interests and skills due to all of the different modalities that can be used to share your opinion (I.e. Survey, video).

Swagbucks review by Chinesa R.
Chinesa R.

"A good concept, but not worth the time or effort"

What do you like best?

The idea of swagbucks is a great one, minimal work for maximum reward, a sort of passive income. The prize options are widely varied and can appeal to all users.

What do you dislike?

The idea doesn't really pan out the way it is supposed to. It isn't as passive as it is supposed to be. If you try to just earn your rewards passively it could take years before you redeem anything of substance. I was a member for two years and actively tried to earn points before I was able to redeem enough for a small prize. I terminated my membership because the effort was not worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not worth the time or effort. Try something else.

Swagbucks has led me to discover other resources. But it didn't help me solve a specific problem I was facing. It would have been more helpful if it fulfilled the promises of prizes as advertised.

Swagbucks review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"My Swagbucks Experience "

What do you like best?

I like that the tasks required to earn money are quite simple. All one has to do is watch videos, which are not too long in length, as well as take surveys, which does not take a larch chunk of one's time either.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it takes to earn the rewards. Though the tasks are simple to complete, requiring minimal effort, one must be prepared to dedicate a large amount of time to this application and/or website in order to be able to claim anything substantial. The application/website has the right idea, but I do not have interest in spending that much time watching videos or completing surveys for minimal rewards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not expect to become rich overnight. One must commit a great deal of time to this application and website in order to be able to redeem anything worthwhile, which I have been unable to do at this point in time. Though it takes a long time to obtain rewards, one gains exposure to new applications, as well as games, which may be beneficial to one's self-care in the workplace.

The application motivates others to discover new and useful applications and tools from the internet, while at the same time earning reward to do so.

Swagbucks review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Hit or Miss, depending on your market."

What do you like best?

I can see why it would be a resource for larger companies, with different type of 'sales' (retail). Its similar to ebates with cashback, and offers different incentives/rewards to survey-ers for taking accurate surveys. I would absolutely encourage retail businesses of any sort to take part in swagbucks for their promotional aspects/marketing.

What do you dislike?

Not the best communication with the Swagbucks team, from both a customer standpoint and a user. Often delayed or automated, impersonal, responses. There are many negative reviews from survey-ers as well, who have not heard back about receiving cash back on purchases, as promoted. The cashback window is also incredibly long, sometimes the survey-er will not get cash back for over six months.

From a marketing/sales perspective, it is hard to grab the attention of the survey-er on their homepage. Most (I would assume) are desensitized to so many offers/deals. The best way is to increase traffic to your websites is to utilize swag codes or other inbox offers.

We haven't had much success with using swagbucks. We misunderstood the premise of swagbucks- thought it was something like Survey Monkey, but quickly realized, nope.

Swagbucks review by Jesse K.
Jesse K.

"Fun surveys and shopping incentives for great rewards! "

What do you like best?

I like that I can use my Swagbucks button when shopping at my favorite sites to earn points that I can then use to claim rewards like gift cards and discounts! I also like that surveys can fit into any schedule with times ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limits on how many people can participant in a survey, and I dislike the times that the Swagbucks codes are valid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swagbucks is a great tool for gathering information and for advertising. It has a very user friendly interface and is a great outreach website.

Using Swagbucks for business allows you company to advertise by posting videos or posting product surveys.

Swagbucks review by Kathryn L.
Kathryn L.

"Great Site, Great Rewards"

What do you like best?

I love Swagbucks for it's ease of use. Using Swagbucks to earn gift cards is as simple as using your computer daily. I installed the Swagbutton which alerts me to swagcodes, as well as made swagbucks my main search engine. I earn a few points daily from these things. It's also easy to earn points watching videos.

What do you dislike?

I dislike many of the surveys. They are hard to qualify for, and sometimes I will get 10 minutes into a survey and be disqualified. I also think the games section could have a wider variety of games and have the current games updated. They seem a little archaic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the swag button and make Swagbucks your main search engine to get the most use out of Swagbucks.

I have earned over $40 in Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks offers, searches and swagcodes. I find the site simple to use and earn through.

Swagbucks review by Kazi H.
Kazi H.

"Gets paid to complete offers and surveys!"

What do you like best?

There are plenty of opportunities to earn on this site. They have free trial offers, surveys, tasks, videos, etc. They offer a variety of payments including Amazon gift cards and Paypal/check. I think you have to be honest with yourself and determine how much you can earn per month. Realistically you can probably earn $50-$100.

What do you dislike?

It gets a little boring completing surveys or offers all the time. I wish there were more games to play on the site to spend my time. I wish there was a chat system like I've seen on other sites. Back when I signed up, the site didn't allow multiple accounts in the household. I also didn't like the fact sometimes it took a while to get credited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time and effort.

I just use it to get pocket change. Time and effort pays on this website.

Swagbucks review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Earn Money From Home On Your Smartphone Or Tablet"

What do you like best?

The ability to be rewarded for things I already do daily such as search the web, purchase items online, play games, watch videos/trailers, and try out or buy products and services. Also, Swagbucks has contests and other creative ways to compete to earn more reward points.

What do you dislike?

You can earn significantly more or less reward points based upon your race, employment, age, location, etc. due to screeners for qualifying for offers or surveys. Continually being disqualified can lead to a lack of desire to continue using the application. Also, the fact that you can have been filling out the survey for awhile before you're notified that you don't qualify. Feeling like you've wasted time is also discouraging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more so a way to pass time, do things you were already going to do and get rewarded for doing it, and to earn additional income. This is not something that can be your sole way to earn money.

From a business aspect, I suppose I am helping marketers learn what works and what doesn't work. I have realized some of the things that determine whether a consumer will try or purchase something. The main factors in this decision-making process are how easy is it to obtain, how expensive is it, is it visually appealing and/or is it something that I am made to believe I really could use.

Learning about Swagbucks?

* We monitor all Swagbucks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.