Swiftype Site Search

Create and manage a search experience tailored to your specific needs in no time, thanks to seamless indexing, best-in-class relevance and intuitive customization features.

Work for Swiftype Site Search?

Learning about Swiftype?

Swiftype Site Search Reviews

Ask Swiftype a Question
Showing 80 Swiftype reviews
Swiftype review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"Solid product, Excellent Support"

What do you like best?

Set-up and install was quick and easy, even for multiple sites. Customized result rankings are a key feature for us (although if you have a ton of results, it can be a little tedious to go through) that is also easy to use, along with the ability to create synonym sets for various search terms. Many of our search terms have variations or are easily misspelled, so the synonym set has greatly reduced the number of empty searches that users were experiencing.

What do you dislike?

Theming of the search bar and results isn't exactly intuitive and can require a little guidance. Some pieces could use an upgrade (such as the color picker) to make it easy to theme based on your branding guidelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is fantastic, so don't be hesitant in reaching out to them with any questions, especially pre-sale. Take the demo they offer, it can really help you understand if this solution will work for you or not.

We needed a more customizable solution for pulling search results from multiple databases. Swiftype has allowed us to remove barriers we faced with custom search results and real time suggestions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Swiftype Site Search
Swiftype review by Adrian J.
Adrian J.

"Perfect for content rich sites"

What do you like best?

A team of software developers that listen to your needs and are willing to work with you to get to a package you need.

What do you dislike?

They only have an office on the west coast US, which means since our office is in the UK support can take a while to get back to me. I hear they are thinking of opening an office in Europe soon, so hopefully that will be rectified! I also hope they implement a custom search parameter for their Related Content feature - which although powerful is rather limited at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a chat with them, they are really friendly and won't pester you if it turns out its not for you.

We have over 10,000 pages of content, building our own solution would take far too many hours. Swiftype's crawl is intuitive and 'smart', it takes the burden off the content managers shoulders and through built-in analytics we can create new search terms based on what is a trending topic on our site.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

Swiftype review by Shelby C.
Shelby C.

"Easy to use, easy to understand. "

What do you like best?

I love how simple and easy to use their platform is. Our previous on-site search system was very complicated and didn't make it easy to see the low-hanging fruit. I also really enjoy utilize the result ranking tool and the analytics.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that you could get more of the synonym features without having to jump up to a much higher price point. We are a small company and just can't afford to spend that much on-site search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, I would suggest getting the enterprise version. It's a higher price, but you get more features.

We have gotten a lot better at analyzing the site searches our customers are making because Swiftype has excellent analytics and insights. We have also gotten a lot better at creating pinned search results so that we control what our customers find when they search on our site.

Swiftype review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"Excellent Site Search Solution"

What do you like best?

Swiftype Site Search is very easy to use and I was able to implement the basic search functionality in about an hour. It's also very powerful and customizable to meet specific business needs. Their support has been very friendly and helpful when I needed additional assistance.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to customize the fields of indexed PDF and Word documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Sure, it's possible to build a site search solution yourself from various open source solutions, but that requires a team with specialized knowledge capable of customizing, integrating, and maintaining the various pieces. Swiftype is a much more cost-effective turnkey solution in my opinion.

Our website needed to migrate off of unsupported Google search solutions to a more modern and powerful search solution. Swiftype has been very easy to implement and is faster and delivers more relevant results and advanced functionality not previously available with our previous search solution.

Swiftype review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"A welcome oasis for a Google CSE migrant"

What do you like best?

The ability to shape and guide the returned results to ends that benefit your business model is well handled. Features in this area are what make Swiftype rise above simply replacing our Google services.

In the midst of set-up I've had the need to contact support and I always found them helpful and quick responding. Providing code samples and links to relevant resources.

What do you dislike?

While Swiftype presents good value relative to their competitors it's still a bit uncomfortable getting used to a search service so much more expensive than Google. Again, not a Swiftype specific issue but just market reality.

Historically they used to have a low-cost tier for small WordPress sites and they've eliminated that from their model. I wish they still had that for my personal sites away from work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're migrating from Google CSE and want to get parity functionality and then some without an overly complex integration process then Swiftype is worth checking out.

We were seeking a graceful migration off of our Google CSE services and ended up with a services that supports the use of site search in a much more business-model proactive way.

Swiftype review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"A solid product with excellent support"

What do you like best?

Swiftype is easy to use in a variety of situations. For instance, our deployment required two different kinds of installing Swiftype and both were easy. In one case, we need it deployed as a Drupal widget. In another case, we need it written directly into the HTML for a different web property. Both cases were as simple as you could like.

What do you dislike?

The basic plan includes a search, with additional features costing additional money. There are some features that I would like but don't want to pay more for, or at least, pay for at the increases required. I do understand that this is business though. They might consider something of a middle ground. For instance, instead of paying extra to use synonyms, they might (1) include a bunch of misspellings as free synonyms so that users who search for 'secruity' get results for 'security'; (2) suggest synonyms based on analytic results; (3) allow X free-of-charge synonyms.

One thing I would change about the product is that I would add assistance for skinning or theming search results and the search bar. I'm pretty handy, so I figured out what I needed, but it would have been difficult for some people to re-theme the search results highlight color, for instance. A little guidance can go a long way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand fully which features you need and how you will use them before buying. We've actually found the limited analytics reasonably useful for understanding the content that our users are looking for. As a result, we are thinking about buying into more analytics.

Our website includes a documentation portal with some 1000 topics. Even a good table of contents can leave this quantity unnavigable for a reader. Swiftype has helped us quickly ease the pain of connecting users with the answers they need.

Swiftype review by William G.
William G.

"A Honest Review on Swiftype"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage multiple sites. I like that I can control the results on searches.

What do you dislike?

It is a little glittchy. I can't click the back button when I am in result ranking or synonyms. Sometimes when I click the link to view a item and go back my results ranking goes back to its original state. This erases my progress sometimes even when I hit refresh. I also cannot find items that I know are on the website but are not on swiftype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a cheaper alternative but still effective.

I am solving the previous problem I had with Google search. Before I could not control what shows up on our search results when someone went to look up products on our site. Now I am able to have full control of what I want to show up when someone goes to search for a specific product.

Swiftype review by Tom F.
Tom F.

"Great Search Option for our Customers!"

What do you like best?

Three things really stand out with Swiftype, the comprehensiveness and display of the search results, The simplicity of implementation, and the ability to choose which results show first for specific search terms and phrases. Make that four...the ability to recognize users choice of search phrases that are similar or in a different order.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I have found to date. Everything has gone smoothly in implementing with our website and we have gotten great feedback (often unsolicited) from our customers...something that let's know it is effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best of all the choices we reviewed and the implementation was simple with great results.

We were using the google search which worked pretty well but that was discontinued so we were looking for an alternative when we found swiftype. We have positioned our website to be the authoritative source for drug testing information for the industry and this has helped us further improve on that. This leads not only to recognition but the information people find leads directly to sales and referrals.

Swiftype review by Joel G.
Joel G.

"Simple and straightforward search engine"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it was to get up and running. No one in my company had any previous experience with adding a custom search engine and with Swiftype we were up and running in 24 hours.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of control for differentiating between common words and strings of words. For example, a common problem we had is that a user would search for "gluten free" and a bunch of results would show up that included the word "free" but not the word shipping. This is likely a limitation of search in general, so idk if it's fair to hold that against Swiftype.

Our users trend towards "search first" navigation. Being able to give them that quickly without having to make significant development investments was very beneficial.

Swiftype review by Jane D.
Jane D.

"Really Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

I like how quick it is to set up, you can be up and running in less than an hour. You can easily set up an onsite search that is also really comprehensive. I think that Swiftype has located in indexed our site in more detail than previous programs.

The support team are really helpful as well, they have always come back with a solution to any issues.

What do you dislike?

It can get quite expensive when using a complex search engine, the more features you add the more the price jumps up and for a small business it can be simply too much.

While the support team has been great in resolving the issues i have had, it has sometimes taken them i while to get back to me, i appreciate this might be the time it takes to get a well informed and detailed answer so it is no problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have previously found other site searches to be lacking in detail or maybe even a little outdated then this would be worth looking in to, their results seem to be more relevant and more detailed, there is a trail available so if you feel like checking it out give the trail a go!

Swiftype has provided us with an indepth site search that is more detailed than our previous solutions, it was easy to set up and has saved us loads of time. It consistently delivers more relevant results.

Swiftype review by Frank B.
Frank B.

"SwifType search results are incorrect"

What do you like best?

We have installed Swiftype on about two dozen of our web properties and liked the administrative facilities.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, and this is VERY SERIOUS, we have noticed that the search results returned by Switftype are incorrect. Some of the results that it SHOULD BE including for a given user keyword request are NOT included and some of the results that it IS including DO NOT match the keyword request.

We have worked with their technical support to no avail.

Unless you test your search results carefully, you wont notice this very serious flaw in the product.

Given that creating the correct set of search results is the basic function of this kind of product, this flaw means that Swiftype is unusable.

We are now in the process of converting to another product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another product

As mentioned, we have discovered that Swiftype is unusable to solve the basic problem that it is advertised for.

Swiftype review by Jamie P.
Jamie P.

"Seamless transition from now-defunct Google Search Engine"

What do you like best?

We love being able to drag and drop the page order displayed for a particular search. Before Swiftype, someone searching "cloud" on our site might see a blog post about the cloud before seeing a cloud service product page. That's a big deal.

What do you dislike?

Our business relationship with Swiftype has been a series of pleasant surprises since day one. No complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you want your website's search functionality to work? Use Swiftype.

We were in a time crunch with Google sunsetting its search appliance, and we needed a replacement by August. We checked out all the major search players, but Swiftype was the only company with the features we cared about: usability for techies and non-techies, search engine customization (design, features), and a cost similar to what we paid at Google.

Swiftype review by User in Computer Software

"Better tool to replace Google Search"

What do you like best?

Swiftype is easy to install and can be quite powerful, depending on how you use it (results ranking, weighting). We use the Engagement Module as well, which is decent.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations for styling that don't come out of the box. We had some issues with the Engagement Module pulling a different image (somehow it wasn't pulling the main blog header image) and that was a bit annoying to fix. There was ultimately a solution, but it was not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try Swiftype for a trial period before deciding.

We were no longer able to use Google Site Search because they started placing ads in the search results, so we had to explore other tools. After exploring Swiftype vs. another tool, this one stood out because of the more robust features with result ranking. We were also able to achieve something we didn't even set out to fix, which was the desire to have a "related content" bar at the bottom of all our blog posts.

Swiftype review by Aaron H.
Aaron H.

"A great replacement for Google Site Search"

What do you like best?

A simple to use interface with no fuss setup and easy to configure and change without strong technical expertise.

What do you dislike?

Only call out would be that our legal team had some issues with the base Term of Use but we were able to resolve this with some negotiation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth considering as a replacement for Google/Nabble style page search.

We needed a quick and easy way to migrate a legacy Google Site Search from the site and Swiftype allowed us to do this with minimal uplift. The Javascript engine is painless to use and migration was done with just a few days of development for UI tweaking.

Swiftype review by Timothy A.
Timothy A.

"Great Service and Support"

What do you like best?

We really enjoy the developer API and the ability to customize our integration. API Documentation is very good. Support is very helpful, knowledgeable and fast!

What do you dislike?

Not much, all works well. The only wishlist item would be better analytics, but not bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as the API goes, it has been great for us. We can pretty much implement any tool we want. It's easy and support is great.

We use search for our main ecommerce search. We are utilizing search and autocomplete to drive customers to better search results using Swiftype Search and the experience they have in refining the natural language selection engine.

Swiftype review by Taylor G.
Taylor G.

"Efficiently Replace Google Custom Search"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup, good support, an API, the ability to customize result rankings.

What do you dislike?

The color picker. A more robust color picker for color options i.e. HSL or RGB sliders etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo of the product, or trial run. Don't be afraid to ask for changes to plans if they don't fit your needs out of the box.

When Google dropped support for Custom Search Engine's in the private sector, Box Clever was looking for a solution to get our clients ad free search without having to build our own index. Swiftype Site Search was able to accommodate that with ease. They even worked with use to build out a special pricing plan to fit our Volume needs.

Swiftype review by Dennis H.
Dennis H.

"SwifType has really helped with our e-Commerce site"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to use the API to customize our search process. The API documentation was thorough and allowed us to get up and running very quickly.

What do you dislike?

We need some better granular controls for ensuring the proper items are returned in a given order. The beginning level does not include any form of phone support, which is often needed to quickly resolve simple issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution that is easy to implement with various site solutions and ERPs, this one is right for the choosing. You can leverage the API easily with minimal experience, and have a search solution up and running in no time.

We are putting in many different aspects of searching, browsing, and auto complete. We have easily integrated with our ERP and are using facets right out of the box.

Swiftype review by Piotr B.
Piotr B.

"Developing with Swiftype is quite easy with detailed documentation and high-qaulity support"

What do you like best?

Swiftype's documentation is very extensive and thorough, which was extremely helpful in the development process. Support staff was frequently very quick to respond with detailed and helpful responses , not to mention a cheerful attitude, making for a pleasant experience.

What do you dislike?

So much documentation did take a lot of time to digest. Perhaps the addition of of video step-by-step tutorials for the jQuery plugin integration might be helpful to first-time users of Swiftype's Advanced features.

There are numerous differences between Swiftype and Google Custom Search, which was in my experience the most popular custom search integration for many clients I had worked with. Since Google is deprecating their Custom Search product, I think that for clients switching form Google to Swiftype, a comparison article would be helpful in working on transition projects.

Customized site search with advanced filtering capabilities build with JavaScript using their jQuery plugins

Swiftype review by Jose d.
Jose d.

"Search made simple"

What do you like best?

The Swiftype team is incredible responsive and they helped us in every step of the Search integration. As a tech publication, we need to be able to deliver real time results and make sure users are always able to find what they are looking for.

Swiftype provides full control over exactly which search results appeared for our most important queries, while also being flexible enough to integrate with our database structure.

In addition to that, Swiftype’s crawler was able to index the site by extracting directly the data from the website’s HTML, so we didn't have to spend time on that.

What do you dislike?

When we launched the new search results, the only missing feature was a big analytics dashboard to measure the impact of the search results. After speaking with the team, the worked on a dashboard that was release short after. Thanks to that, we were able to have a much deeper understanding of who their readers are, where they come from, and what they are looking for.

Engadget was running multiple backend databases and facing issues related with the search results. By implementing the Swiftype Engine we were able to customize those results, remove duplications and offer real time suggestions based on a combination of our databases.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Not so great"

What do you like best?

It works, whenever you remember to force a crawl update.

What do you dislike?

Does not directly integrate into Magento (so a single search, turns up as 8 search results, due to Magento's caching methods). The Analytics are completely out to lunch and inaccurate (you cannot exclude search queries by IP, so you cannot remove internally generated searches). Basically makes the Analytics useless. Too expensive for the results and lack of useable analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find alternative options if you are using it with Magento 2. It does not integrate at all, and causes a lot of false search data. Id recommend InstantSearch+ or ElasticSearch over this product. We are getting rid of this product, due to the lack of useable Analytics and the high cost ($500/month).

Faster searching, decently better SEO results from good search indexing.

Swiftype review by Elaine S.
Elaine S.

"Full-featured but simple search"

What do you like best?

Swiftype balances flexibility with simplicity. At one extreme, you can do all sorts of customizations - set up synonyms, rank results by hand, tweak the search algorithm by changing weights, even index content programmatically with their API. At the other extreme, it's very easy to set up a crawler-based engine - set it and forget it, it just works.

What do you dislike?

Most troubleshooting involves emailing a ticket and waiting a day or so for a reply. The responses are detailed and helpful, but it would be nice to have a little faster service. However, my support tickets have all been very technical or on advanced topics; I haven't needed to contact support for anything mission critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial. It's very easy to set up and show some of the improvements you'll see.

Swiftype allows us to search across about 15 different domains. As a university, we have a lot of different vendors and systems, so we can't just consolidate everything on a single website. Swiftype helps all of our audiences - current students, prospective students, alumni, parents, faculty, and the general public - find the content that's relevant to them.

Swiftype review by Jo H.
Jo H.

"Bringing the most relevant content to the right audience"

What do you like best?

Excellent search solution that helps you to quickly connect your most relevant content to customers. The iOS and Android apps make it even easier to manage content and stay productive on the go. The result ranking tool is extremely useful, and support is second to none.

What do you dislike?

More of the synonym features would be great without having to jump up to such a great cost, but overall it is worth it for a site with a lot of content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilise the Support Team if you have any questions as they are so helpful and knowledgeable.

The ability to pull multiple search results from more than one source, allowing for greater, more customisable and relevant search results.

Swiftype review by Sam T.
Sam T.

"A fantastic platform that solves a lot of problems!"

What do you like best?

Swiftype's indexing allows you to sit back and let it do its work, this is different from the others that require you to keep the index up to date by creating and updating certain records. We have learned a lot about our users from the analytics solution it provides with every package.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, the price. We have been a customer since it started and seen the pricing move away providing great search at a low cost into a solution for the rich start-ups.

You don't know you have a poor search function until you start to really use it for anything, as an example we are a safety company so every product has the word safety in it somewhere. This ok until you search for safety gloves because it will match everything else before it comes to gloves. Context and intelligence are therefore needed and provided by Swiftype.

Swiftype review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"A better customer experience for search"

What do you like best?

Swiftype allows your users to find the information they want - quicker and easier. It also allows you to better understand what your users are looking for, so that you can adjust and create the right content for them.

What do you dislike?

Installation is a little tricky and you are best to have the support of a developer.

We used Swiftype for our public facing Help Centre that allows users to find articles for issues they run into. We then use the analytics side to monitor used and unavailable articles.

Swiftype review by John S.
John S.

"Swiftype ― the place to go after Google Search!"

What do you like best?

SUCH a great tool! We absolutely love it. We like the ability most of all to easily create custom search results for any search.

What do you dislike?

The inability (at this point) to easily manage and sort hundreds of search customizations ― they have informed us that is in the works. Right now, just a paginated list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely worth a trial run ― you'll quickly see the benefits.

With the demise of Google Search, we needed a high-quality search engine that allowed us to customize on a daily basis according to anticipated audience needs.

Swiftype review by G. Gabriel P.
G. Gabriel P.

"Swiftype Site Search"

What do you like best?

There are three big elements that I love about this service: 1) The ability to customize metadata and affect the ranking of returns based on that metadata. 2) The ease of customizing our results displayed to the user. 3) The ability to re-index our website or individual pages on demand.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. Before making the decision to use Swiftype I tested two or three other search providers. None were anywhere near as easy to use as Swiftype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swiftype has been extraordinary in providing support. We only needed support because of our highly customized implementation of their service. In another implementation we used their default options and it was incredibly easy.

We have used Google Site Search for several years and have been frustrated with our lack of control in indexing content and returning data with customized sorting.

Swiftype review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Swiftype changed the game for us"

What do you like best?

The speed of creating an engine for deployment on a new site can't be beat. And Swiftpe takes UX very seriously. The rankings/weight/synonyms settings make customizing your results a clear and satisfying task. My weekly analytics email is now essential to our content planning and overall governance. This is a product that can be appreciated by developers, designers, writers, marketers, analysts and any other members of a web team.

What do you dislike?

I am sometimes unclear on the process for indexing new content.

We have a lot of sites and Swiftype has made deploying search a non-issue. We're now adding it to every new site we build. Prospects come to our sites looking for information and I can trust that we're able to return that information in a fast and clear way—and styled to fit each site's design.

Swiftype review by Tod R.
Tod R.

"Swiftype Site Search is simple and powerful"

What do you like best?

The tool is easily configurable and allows for lots of customization. We frequently found users searches revealed we had content gaps that should be addressed. Our analytics team benefited directly from the amount of data we were able to get out of the tool.

What do you dislike?

No complaints from me. I honestly cannot think of a time when I was disappointed with the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Swiftype is easy to use, powerful, and reasonably priced while providing a top class solution.

As we rapidly prototyped websites and wanted to do A/B testing, Swiftype allowed us to stay agile and get the data we wanted. Our clients were impressed with the speed and utility of Swiftype's site search.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Integration & Customization Experience "

What do you like best?

I loved the flexibility Swiftype allows developers to add-in Swiftype meta tags for crawling site giving us full control to say what to crawl and what shouldn't be crawled by various levels. I had fun integrating experience while working with Swiftype to one of our site. There is way more to explore and utilize the advance capabilities. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

What do you dislike?

Only one thing restricting pagination to 100. But that shouldn't stop us from getting top results. We can work with that data set for sure. No one would deep dive more than 100 as per UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it if you need Advance Search capabilities and control of what you show to your visitors

We had to index the documents in our site, that was not being done before. The tool eased our life for doing the indexing and crawled our documents.

Hassle free Search Indexing with marvelous features and customization capabiliy

Swiftype review by Dean G.
Dean G.

"Great tool and easy to use"

What do you like best?

You can group searches by synonyms identified from the insights report

What do you dislike?

You can't block internal IPs from showing in the reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have the free trial and put it somewhere prominent on your site. You'll quickly see if users are looking for content you hadn't thought of yet.

We were looking for an internal search engine that had responsive design, auto-complete and could easily be indexed against very specific content.

Swiftype review by Mike Z.
Mike Z.

"Great Site Search and Helpful Staff!"

What do you like best?

Accurate results, easy to use, feature packed, helpful reporting, clean UI, and very helpful team who's always been their for us. I can't say enough great things about Swiftype.com.

What do you dislike?

i honestly have no complaints. Anything we have needed for our ecommerce site can be accomplished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely. Their product is great but their level of support is second to none. I contacted them on a Sunday and had one of the cofounders personally reach out and solve my problem. I can't say enough about this company.

Swiftype powers our websites in terms of site search. We have multiple sites that are all powered by Swiftype. Super easy to use, great UI, and they also have helpful reports to gain insight as to what our customers are searching for.

Swiftype review by Perry B.
Perry B.

"Swiftype was the answer to our needs!"

What do you like best?

Customer service is outstanding; implementing Swiftype on our site with its API was very helpful; the analytics and ability to configure our site search engine is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

A couple of Swiftype features could not be used because we are using their API, but very minor stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No cost to try Swiftype on a trial basis.

Google Search did not renew our site license (and many others), and so we needed a site search alternative quickly. Swiftype was the answer!

Swiftype review by Joe R.
Joe R.

"Swiftype Site Search "

What do you like best?

Robust search tool, works great. We are very happy with this product.

What do you dislike?

It works great, a little expensive but we think it will be worth it in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want folks to be able to find information on your web site, use this tool.

Providing our team, our customers, our prospects and the general public a great search tool to find answers to all things drug testing - which is what we do.

Swiftype review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

That I can customize the search results for my customers, this helps to make sure they are seeing the products that WE want to push and that WE want them to see

What do you dislike?

That I don't get results but once a week

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updating info more than once a week. I would like to have results more frequently

Knowing what customers are searching for, getting 0 results, and what misspellings are happening bringing up 0 results

Swiftype review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"Simple and accurate search tool"

What do you like best?

I like that the customization and weighting of search results is easy to update and change. If I want to make sure that a result is prominent for a search or absent for a search it is very easy to control.

What do you dislike?

Some of the installation instructions and steps are a little confusing for the amateur. I wish it were a little more user friendly in this regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for small and large sites, it is easy to use for the amateur and after some trial and error you'll be proficient at it in no time.

Swiftype allowed me to put an easy to customize search tool on a small website with very little cost.

Swiftype review by Administrator

"Excellent onsite search - out of the box"

What do you like best?

Swiftype supports frontend-indexing. No matter the system behind your sites, the Swiftype crawler will find the content and add it to your desired index. This is a huge advantage compared to other enterprise onsite search solution where you need to implement API oder Database connectors.

You can also define the content and the content weight that gets crawled. It is possible to send metadata so that search results can be enriched with data like price and availability.

This is a very good concept for most small/mid size companies like us.

What do you dislike?

Because of the frontend indexing new content is not added in realtime. However you are able to manually reindex your sites if you don't want to wait for the regular period to do so. Depending on the plan you have choosen this can be done multiple times or once.

We disliked the fact that pricing raised in the past. But it is still worth the money.

One onsite search for all our Systems (Content-Managemnt-System, E-commerce Shop, Support-Center, Landingpages, Microsites) with little configuration needed.

Swiftype review by Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"Customizable search the way it was meant to be!"

What do you like best?

The results filtering and ranking flexibility of Swiftype are unmatched by other solutions in the market. The admin portal is very user-friendly, even for not technical managers to cultivate successful search results. Platform offers very robust and granular options/capabilities which puts the control and power back into your own hands.

What do you dislike?

Very little our organization doesn't like about Swiftype, but we could have used a little more hand-holding with implementation and the startup. Pricing is very reasonable, and overall this service is one of the best on the market we've found.

We are a large enterprise with far too many digital properties (e.g. consumer-facing websites, business SaaS web applications, mobile apps, etc.) and Swiftype has allowed us to unite many of these disparate properties into one global search and CMS ecosystem. We've unlocked the benefits of getting closer to our end-user to discover where our applications or UI/UX is failing customers by studying search analytics and improving our content architecture and fine-tuning our knowledge management resources.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Simple and Intuitive Replacement for Google Search"

What do you like best?

The coding was simple and integrated into our site flawlessly. The search functions offers greater capability than we had with Google Search and delivers useful analytics.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure why I haven't heard of Swiftype before we were forced to migrate. I think this would have been a valuable search engine for our site years ago.

We can track what products are being searched the most, which provides insight to what is relevant. Our company is also benefiting from the predictive search since many of our products have multiple names.

Swiftype review by Reed R.
Reed R.

"Great, product"

What do you like best?

The features included in Swiftype are exceptional. They have great support and are willing to help with integration. The API has good documentation. Their team is willing to help where needed.

What do you dislike?

So far there is very little to complain about. The biggest would be the autocomplete feature counts too many queries against my account. The API documentation could use better example code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good product.

We lost Google Site Search and found Swiftype as a replacement. It is cheaper and has more options to configure. It was a great move.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Custom Search Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup was the best part. Added my URLs, configured the search box and placed it on the site. We had search on our enterprise website running Adobe AEM with less than a day's worth of development and testing.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to inject third party results and content into the system. Not only spidering my content, but adding custom content more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do the trial. The 14-day trial implemented on our live site made us a believer that this was the right choice for us.

We were looking for a custom white label search provider to take over site search across multiple domains. We were initially going to google site search search appliance, but that program is being shut down. SwiftType was much better and easier to integrate than any other solution we tested.

Swiftype review by Blin K.
Blin K.

"Swiftype has changed the way users use our site"

What do you like best?

How easy it was to implement! I just installed their Wordpress plugin, added a search box, and all of a sudden it was working. We used the plugin for about two years and then once the tech team had more bandwidth we implemented the site crawler.

What do you dislike?

I was unable to combine multiple Wordpress installations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with the Crawler not the wordpress plugin if you have time to implement it.

Our website has over 600 pages so it could get very difficult for users to find the page they are looking for. With Swiftype we can make sure that the most important pages show up first.

Swiftype review by Administrator

"Great Customizable Experience"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Swiftype is to use and the power of being able to rank and customize the results to a query so that I can ensure the user is getting the results that will be more helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish Swiftype would allow me to add URLs it doesn't recognize. For example, I have a few symbolic links or pages with redirects that send the user directly to a system we utilize. It would be extremely helpful if I could include those within the search results.

We have a very active Communications Director and quite often a search will result in a number of his press releases. Being able to rank an admissions page with steps over a press release is priceless.

Swiftype review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Exceptional customer service, excellent product"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been excellent. The response time for customer service is above the industry average. The autocomplete is a bonus that adds value to the product.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard. It is often difficult to find how to remove and add urls especially if the url has been deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For an internal site search, it's the best solution. Once implemented, it's easy to maintain and very convenient to have the headache of site search off-loaded to someone else. The search is powerful and fast.

Site search was paramount to the success of the business. Increased sales and customer satisfaction.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easy API and Good Support"

What do you like best?

Swiftype was able to accommodate our complex site and using the API was a breeze. I've contacted support for small issues a few times and each time they were very responsive and always able to resolve my issue.

What do you dislike?

The search preview often showed the same content for every page since it was pulling from our header. On a smaller site this would be easy to change via the tags feature though.

Google dropped support for our search product and Swiftype was able to seamless be a replacement for us.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Easy Integration "

What do you like best?

We switched from default Drupal solr search to Swiftype for one of my clients a few years ago. The thing that stood out the most to me was how easy it was to set up and integrate on my site. It worked with very little effort. I also like the weekly status emails that gives me an overview of searches.

What do you dislike?

I was confused a few times while logging into the site. I clicked a different product and somehow signed up for a trial. That should be separated better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see if it helps you.

We needed a good way to index our content and show relevant results. Swiftype allowed for that and also allowed for us eliminate duplicate results.

Swiftype review by User in Higher Education

"Great way to see how well your site is doing"

What do you like best?

The weekly analytics report is great. Knowing exactly what people are searching for and matching that with what we offer helps us provide a better service.

What do you dislike?

We still haven't fully implemented the software to see what we dislike but in the coming weeks we will be more hands on.

It helps us keep track of what potential students are searching for. It makes it easier to adapt to their searches and helps us add more keywords and see which ones are not being used.

Swiftype review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to customize"

What do you like best?

I love being able to log in and customize search results for my users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my synonym sets don't save correctly and I have to make them twice.

Before Swiftype, I was relying on Google to power my search, with left me with very little control over updating searches as I rearranged content. Now, I feel like I'm in control of what my users find.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Swiftype is a great product and team to work with"

What do you like best?

I most enjoy being able to curate content exactly as we deem appropriate. In the past we've had a frustrating experience getting our results to rank in the order we deem most appropriate for our agents and customers, if we can get it to rank at all in some cases.

What do you dislike?

I've not seen eye to eye with a former customer experience manager who was unwilling to provide us data I was using to justify Swiftype's continued existence in our environment. The experience left me with a very bad taste in my mouth for Swiftype's ability to assign the right people to set their customers up for success.

We're working to reduce click through rates, result rankings, and overall qualitative feedback from our agent community.

Swiftype review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Easy to implement with good results"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to implement and how the search results are meaningful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it used a hash tag on submit instead of a question mark. This made the implementation a little less intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try. They are doing some great work

We needed a quick, easy search engine for our site without much overhead so our users could easily find what they were looking for while searching.

Swiftype review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Review for swiftype "

What do you like best?

They provide easy UI on swiftype.com and APIs which are able to intergrated easily and rapidly.

What do you dislike?

I hope they provide more examples and codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need search engine with less cost, I recommend this product. I believe you are able to integrate it simply.

The swiftype's search engine are very fast and we don't need any storage. So they resolve our concern.

Learning about Swiftype Site Search?

* We monitor all Swiftype Site Search reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.