Swiftype Site Search

Swiftype Site Search

Create and manage a search experience tailored to your specific needs in no time, thanks to seamless indexing, best-in-class relevance and intuitive customization features.

Work for Swiftype Site Search?

Learning about Swiftype?

Swiftype Site Search Reviews

Ask Swiftype a Question
Showing 76 Swiftype reviews
Swiftype review by <span>Elizabeth G.</span>
Elizabeth G.

Solid product, Excellent Support

What do you like best?

Set-up and install was quick and easy, even for multiple sites. Customized result rankings are a key feature for us (although if you have a ton of results, it can be a little tedious to go through) that is also easy to use, along with the ability to create synonym sets for various search terms. Many of our search terms have variations or are easily misspelled, so the synonym set has greatly reduced the number of empty searches that users were experiencing.

What do you dislike?

Theming of the search bar and results isn't exactly intuitive and can require a little guidance. Some pieces could use an upgrade (such as the color picker) to make it easy to theme based on your branding guidelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is fantastic, so don't be hesitant in reaching out to them with any questions, especially pre-sale. Take the demo they offer, it can really help you understand if this solution will work for you or not.

We needed a more customizable solution for pulling search results from multiple databases. Swiftype has allowed us to remove barriers we faced with custom search results and real time suggestions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Swiftype Site Search
Swiftype review by <span>Adrian J.</span>
Adrian J.
Invitation from the software vendor

Perfect for content rich sites

What do you like best?

A team of software developers that listen to your needs and are willing to work with you to get to a package you need.

What do you dislike?

They only have an office on the west coast US, which means since our office is in the UK support can take a while to get back to me. I hear they are thinking of opening an office in Europe soon, so hopefully that will be rectified! I also hope they implement a custom search parameter for their Related Content feature - which although powerful is rather limited at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a chat with them, they are really friendly and won't pester you if it turns out its not for you.

We have over 10,000 pages of content, building our own solution would take far too many hours. Swiftype's crawl is intuitive and 'smart', it takes the burden off the content managers shoulders and through built-in analytics we can create new search terms based on what is a trending topic on our site.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

Swiftype review by <span>Shelby C.</span>
Shelby C.
Invitation from the software vendor

Easy to use, easy to understand.

What do you like best?

I love how simple and easy to use their platform is. Our previous on-site search system was very complicated and didn't make it easy to see the low-hanging fruit. I also really enjoy utilize the result ranking tool and the analytics.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that you could get more of the synonym features without having to jump up to a much higher price point. We are a small company and just can't afford to spend that much on-site search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, I would suggest getting the enterprise version. It's a higher price, but you get more features.

We have gotten a lot better at analyzing the site searches our customers are making because Swiftype has excellent analytics and insights. We have also gotten a lot better at creating pinned search results so that we control what our customers find when they search on our site.

Swiftype review by <span>Richard D.</span>
Richard D.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Excellent Site Search Solution

What do you like best?

Swiftype Site Search is very easy to use and I was able to implement the basic search functionality in about an hour. It's also very powerful and customizable to meet specific business needs. Their support has been very friendly and helpful when I needed additional assistance.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to customize the fields of indexed PDF and Word documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Sure, it's possible to build a site search solution yourself from various open source solutions, but that requires a team with specialized knowledge capable of customizing, integrating, and maintaining the various pieces. Swiftype is a much more cost-effective turnkey solution in my opinion.

Our website needed to migrate off of unsupported Google search solutions to a more modern and powerful search solution. Swiftype has been very easy to implement and is faster and delivers more relevant results and advanced functionality not previously available with our previous search solution.

Swiftype review by <span>Chris P.</span>
Chris P.

A welcome oasis for a Google CSE migrant

What do you like best?

The ability to shape and guide the returned results to ends that benefit your business model is well handled. Features in this area are what make Swiftype rise above simply replacing our Google services.

In the midst of set-up I've had the need to contact support and I always found them helpful and quick responding. Providing code samples and links to relevant resources.

What do you dislike?

While Swiftype presents good value relative to their competitors it's still a bit uncomfortable getting used to a search service so much more expensive than Google. Again, not a Swiftype specific issue but just market reality.

Historically they used to have a low-cost tier for small WordPress sites and they've eliminated that from their model. I wish they still had that for my personal sites away from work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're migrating from Google CSE and want to get parity functionality and then some without an overly complex integration process then Swiftype is worth checking out.

We were seeking a graceful migration off of our Google CSE services and ended up with a services that supports the use of site search in a much more business-model proactive way.

Swiftype review by <span>Ryan H.</span>
Ryan H.

A solid product with excellent support

What do you like best?

Swiftype is easy to use in a variety of situations. For instance, our deployment required two different kinds of installing Swiftype and both were easy. In one case, we need it deployed as a Drupal widget. In another case, we need it written directly into the HTML for a different web property. Both cases were as simple as you could like.

What do you dislike?

The basic plan includes a search, with additional features costing additional money. There are some features that I would like but don't want to pay more for, or at least, pay for at the increases required. I do understand that this is business though. They might consider something of a middle ground. For instance, instead of paying extra to use synonyms, they might (1) include a bunch of misspellings as free synonyms so that users who search for 'secruity' get results for 'security'; (2) suggest synonyms based on analytic results; (3) allow X free-of-charge synonyms.

One thing I would change about the product is that I would add assistance for skinning or theming search results and the search bar. I'm pretty handy, so I figured out what I needed, but it would have been difficult for some people to re-theme the search results highlight color, for instance. A little guidance can go a long way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand fully which features you need and how you will use them before buying. We've actually found the limited analytics reasonably useful for understanding the content that our users are looking for. As a result, we are thinking about buying into more analytics.

Our website includes a documentation portal with some 1000 topics. Even a good table of contents can leave this quantity unnavigable for a reader. Swiftype has helped us quickly ease the pain of connecting users with the answers they need.

Learn more about Swiftype Site Search

Swiftype Site Search Videos

Learning about Swiftype Site Search?

* We monitor all Swiftype Site Search reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.