Switchvox

Ask Switchvox a Question
Showing 11 Switchvox reviews
Switchvox review by <span>Kent B.</span>
Kent B.

"Who Wouldn't Want to Reduce Phone Cost's by 80%"

What do you like best?

We have all the normal unified communications tools that the other VoIP systems.VoIP deployments for institutions the size of Casper College (700 phones) have traditionally cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. At Casper College, multiple phone upgrade paths were explored, and our best guess estimate to upgrade with a traditional vendor provided solution would have ranged from $500,000 to $1,000,000+. The lower number ($500K) would only provide basic functionality and would provide less than half of the phones needed to service the campus with a single VoIP phone platform. Additional phones and additional features such as unified communications, support of our emergency notification services or public address system functionality would likely drive the cost to the upper part of this range. Although many organizations are also considering hosted or cloud based solutions, our belief at this time is that these solutions are still cost prohibitive for our institution. So how did we decide to provide great VoIP technology for all of Casper College and not break the bank? Digium Switchvox was our answer. This VoIP project was completed for under $200,000

What do you dislike?

Adding E911. E911 turns out to be completely optional and expensive. If we were not

subscribed to it and dialed 911, it would work just like it used to. It

would trace to the main line. With a service, it traces back to the

office. The default settings also caused a problem in this regard. We did remove the need to dial 9 to get an outside line to cut down

on the 9-1 stutter. As we had a couple instances of users calling 911 inadvertently. Since the service is IP now it would report to E911

almost immediately even the user hung up quickly. You would be surprised

how often this happens. (sometimes 3-4 times a week).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good reseller. I have worked with 2 different ones and it made all the difference.

This solutions provided a unified communications platform. It allowed us to: (1) converge three phone systems to one (2) standardize handsets across campus (3) upgrade and improve our voice communication capabilities (4) get the greatest value for our initial investment (5) reduce our recurring costs by 80%.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Switchvox
Switchvox review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"Exactly what we needed"

What do you like best?

We use Digium to manage our Polycom phone system. My favorite feature is the reporting.. I can run reports on when my calls are coming in and which options they are choosing when they call the 800 number. This allows me to have the right amount of people scheduled and on the right lines for the best customer support. This also helps prove if and when our reps called a customer.

What do you dislike?

The usability of some features is difficult for a novice user. There are certain words and phrases used that would be foreign to some one that is trying to set up their own extension to forward or to set up multiple call rules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that is changing and not only keeping up with the times but becoming more and more innovative as the years go by.

We are solving our issue of scheduling. with the great reporting. available.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Switchvox review by <span>Travis W.</span>
Travis W.

"Perfect for managing users, phones, and phonecalls"

What do you like best?

I love that I can log into Switchvox and see my call logs, phone calls, messages, users, and switchboard status. I use this to check to see if users are on the phone or if a certain person transfers a call to me. It is very user friendly and being able to change your greeting and your away settings is perfect. As someone that recently went on a business trip, I needed to have my calls forwarded to my cell phone and it was extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

The interface is actually quite awful. It is not intuitive at all and you have to do a lot of searching to get to what you need. I would make it a little easier to navigate and find the certain places that need to be navigated to most often. Possibly make a homepage that can be edited to a consumers liking with the different categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best software you can get to manage a phone system. There certainly are limitations, but most software will have their downfalls. Good thing is that this software doesn't have many.

We have an office of about 20 people along with a switchboard, this makes customers that call in directed to the correct department and eases the minds of everyone. It is something that once it is set up, you don't really need to worry about it anymore. The user management is relatively easy, I love that I can check who is on the phone and who's not.

Switchvox review by <span>Cameron S.</span>
Cameron S.

"Switchvox- Provisioning made easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of provisioning and managing phones is a cinch. Managing extensions, queues, and inbound call rules is very intuitive. I love that, through the admin portal, you can login to all provisioned phones, making any end-user questions easy to answer. I also like the fact that end users can manage much of their own phones' functionality.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing I don't like about the Switchvox is the complexity of the IVRs. While they function fine, you will spend alot of time configuring the system to get it just so. While many other systems are just as difficult, if not more, Switchvox can still be configured by an admin who has very little experience working with voip systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small-medium sized business, Switchvox may be a good way to get started.

I enjoy that fact that while we have many external numbers being routed into the business, Switchvox makes it easy to send specific numbers, or ranges of numbers, to internal extensions. Set your business hours inside of Switchvox and automatic call forwarding outside of those hours.

Switchvox review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Never miss a voicemail"

What do you like best?

As an employee who spends little time at my desk I love that I can access my voicemail inbox through my email at anytime. It also makes it very easy for me to forward messages onto other recipients without ever having to use my office phone. For someone who spends most of their time meeting with clients away from my desk this makes me much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I wish deleting a message from your email inbox would also give you an option to delete it on your phone from the email.

It would be nice if dialing from the call log would automatically include the "9" dial out number. Without that the dial is virtually useless for any outside calls.

In event coordination its so important to never miss a message from a vendor or client. So many of these events take place with a very fast turnaround that requires constant monitoring of voicemail and calls. This makes it easy to manage these calls from afar. I love that I can forward calls to my personal phone when necessary but don't have to clutter my phone with these calls when I'm not working.

Switchvox review by <span>Garry A.</span>
Garry A.

"Best in class SMB IP PBX/Unified Communications"

What do you like best?

The product development cycle and customer support are great!

What do you dislike?

There are still a few things that Switchvox is behind the curve in. Particularly skill based routing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all of the training resources Digium has to offer. The system is so much more capable when you are fully trained on how to best implement it.

Call centers, Business phone systems, & VoIP consolidation. Switchvox is an industry leader in innovating new features and bringing enterprise class PBX solutions to the SMB.

Learning about Switchvox?

* We monitor all Switchvox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories