Sycamore Education

Sycamore Education does it all. A single, complete school management system to accomodate the varied needs of administrators, teachers, parents, and students.

Work for Sycamore Education?

Learning about Sycamore?

Sycamore Education Reviews

Ask Sycamore a Question
Showing 10 Sycamore reviews
Sycamore review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Highly effective but somewhat complicated"

What do you like best?

Sycamore Education provides a great way to manage information for small to medium size schools. It allows for organization of documents, tracking of attendance, management of schedules, and posting of grades.

What do you dislike?

Though highly useful as a one-stop website for school management, the interface is not terribly intuitive and the initial set-up takes a fair amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your school is relatively small (under 500 students), I believe Sycamore Education is a reasonably priced and usable solution. There may be some difficulty with the initial set-up, but once all data is entered and parameters are set, Sycamore is effective at managing school information.

Instead of using multiple school information systems, Sycamore Education puts most of the tools necessary for school management in one place. As a new school, we evaluated several options to wrangle our data. Many options proved prohibitively expensive and included features that we had no use for. Sycamore hit the right spot for both price and functionality.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sycamore Education
User in Education Management

"Good Experience with Sycamore "

What do you like best?

This is the first management system I have actually liked because it’s website is user friendly. Teachers can use batch email to communicate with parents, while parents can check grades etc all on one site.

What do you dislike?

They have developed an app but it is obvious it is still in the beginning stages. Parents cannot see Homework or grades correctly as opposed to being on website. The app also doesn’t have all the menu options listed as the website does so there’s certain things you can’t do on app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to use and it’s even greater to know they are still revamping it and making it better. It’s weaknesses right now lie in the app use, but they have already implemented many changes so I’m sure in time it’ll be full functioning:)

Communication with parents and availability of grades for parents to see is crucial in education. Parents are able to be more involved in their student's academic life.

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Sycamore review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"New to Sycamore"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use sycamore from the app or from ,y classroom computer. I like that so don’t have to do any special submit of semester grades. I like that you can add up to 5 assignments at a time.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you have to save out of pages quite often, auto save would help. When adding assignments, I can only add calendar days for th next Week at a time. This can be worked around, but is not automatic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to practice and you can have success with it. Takes some getting use to th functions, it overall, easier to use than RDS.

I can easilu grade and take attendance from the app.

Sycamore review by <span>Casandra B.</span>
Casandra B.

"Jack of all trades"

What do you like best?

I like that there are many different tools available for a variety of purposes. Lunch, grades, attendance, news, links, you name it and Sycamore can do it.

What do you dislike?

It definitely has a learning curve. It took me about a month before I was completely comfortable doing what i needed to do on sycamore. Sycamore is NOT a very user friendly platform.

Grading, attendance, lunch, etc.

Sycamore review by <span>Aaron H.</span>
Aaron H.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

I like the in-app messaging services. It makes communicating with co-workers easy.

What do you dislike?

It is not compatible for schools with few students. I was looking for a sms, but this did not meet my needs because I didn't meet the minimum amount of students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is beneficial to all schools that are currently seeking a sms.

Sycamore provides solutions for our schools needs. Parents really enjoy being able to see their student's grades, assignments, and progress. Being able to schedule for parent/teacher conferences is very beneficial.

Sycamore review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Sycamore is a great resource for grading, attendance, communication, and so much more!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy Sycamore's grading features, including grade configuration, grade summaries, and grade reports.

What do you dislike?

There are some ways in which Sycamore is not user friendly, specifically in the app when parents are viewing their student's classes. It is difficult for them to find their class home pages and work and such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are setup videos that Sycamore provides. Since this system is so multi-faceted, I would reccommend watching each video and collecting as many details about the system that you can. While trial and error can be an efective way of learning a system, learning as much as you can prior to use can be helpful, especially with how crazy the beginning of school year can be!

Sycamore allows you to keep records well within the system.

Sycamore review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good quality for the price."

What do you like best?

Sycamore has been very accommodating to us and sought to know where they can make changes so that their product is as functional and supportive as possible.

What do you dislike?

The program is not as intuitive as it could be. It feels like you need to do a lot of clicking to get where you want to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product for the price.

Sycamore has helped us communicate with our distant parents via the web.

User in Education Management

"Sycamore Education: ease in the classroom"

What do you like best?

Sycamore education has been a very useful program for teachers throughout my school. It provides useful databases for the inputting data and provides a useful grade book. The grade book was vital for teachers as it was online and could be accessed through any internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Sycamore education was much easier to start implementing than I expected. I thought transitioning to this software would have been more challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sycamore Education was really useful for teachers throughout my school. I really liked how it allows teachers to send an email to multiple parents all at once.

Making the challenging life of a teacher much easier on a daily basis. Teachers really enjoyed how it has a platform for multiple functions including classroom management, data and grade book.

"We love Sycamore!"

What do you like best?

It has everything I need in one software.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there are so many options for documents/attachments/etc. I get confused of knowing what I need to upload and where.

Better communication between faculty/staff and parents; organization

"Classroom board"

What do you like best?

I love how everything is organized specifically. Profile, grades, courses,etc.

What do you dislike?

Having to login after being idle for 5-10 minutes.

Ease. Great way to quickly get grades and assignments out

Learning about Sycamore Education?

* We monitor all Sycamore Education reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.