G2 Crowd builds the world's largest business commerce platform fueled by $100M in funding 馃殌
Symantec Endpoint Protection

Symantec Endpoint Protection

Proactively detect and block today's most advanced threats with an endpoint protection solution that goes beyond antivirus.

Work for Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Learning about Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Reviews

Ask Symantec Endpoint Protection a Question
Showing 172 Symantec Endpoint Protection reviews
Symantec Endpoint Protection review by ashish k.
ashish k.

"Upscale your Endpoint Security "

What do you like best?

Things I like most wrt. Symantec Endpoint Protection is granularity in configuration options. Each enterprise is different in its own way of implementation and configuration. No where I ever found I am stuck with solution without any way out to problem.

Multiple component for different security scenarios which are keeping pace with current security attacks be it Machine Learning based detection, fileless attacks, malwares etc

What do you dislike?

I miss a feature where I can benchmark my SEP deployment. Bechmarking can be wrt. standards or it can be against published security threats. I have to rely on regular updates and pray everything works.

If I have a dashboard which can group standardization and recommendations and I can see how much compliant I am here. Better if this report can include all SEP clients

Resource utilization on clients is quite heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is keeping pace with all new trends in endpoint security requirements. Solution have proven track record in industry. Personally I cannot leave my enterprise security in hands of new player with no historical track record.

Endpoint Protection. Key benefits are we never got any cases of malware disrupting our business.

For administrators also solution is easy to handle and learn.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Simple and reliable protection: antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection in one."

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection offers simple and reliable protection. It has built in antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection in one. It is very easy to deploy even with dozens of workstations, and managing is a breeze as pretty much everything is automated through the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I had run into issues where specific clients weren't updating. Symantec's tech support was very responsive and connected remotely to help walk me through a critical upgrade process which immediately resolved the issue. Since then, I haven't had any issues at all with Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a great option for large and small systems, and is one of the most commonly used by businesses worldwide.

Symantec Endpoint Protection provides us with secure workstations, ensuring that users are protected when browsing the internet, downloading files or receiving email. It also offers network intrusion protection to help with outside attacks on our systems.

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Emmanuel E.
Emmanuel E.

"Soluci贸n completa de seguridad de EndPoint"

What do you like best?

Para la versi贸n 14, Symantec ha pensado en el uso del Internet, tanto para aligerar y mejorar su detecci贸n, como en la colaboraci贸n con otros usuarios.

Adem谩s la incorporaci贸n de nuevas tecnolog铆as siempre pensando en el rendimiento y la protecci贸n del d铆a 0.

La funcionalidad de lockdown es muy 煤til al momento de pensar en sistemas cr铆ticos tipo cajeros.

Con el uso de insight se mejora la protecci贸n de d铆a 0, ya que utiliza los laboratorios de seguridad de Symantec para determinar la reputaci贸n de un archivo.

What do you dislike?

La administraci贸n del Firewall y de las caracter铆sticas de protecci贸n de ataques de redes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementar una soluci贸n de respaldo persona de datos en la nube.

Protecci贸n de empresas desde peque帽as hasta grandes. Quit谩ndole responsabilidades al departamento de TI para que siempre est茅 encima de las soluciones de protecci贸n de EndPoint

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Filip G.
Filip G.

"Most comprehensive client protection tool for large businesses"

What do you like best?

The possibility for building distributed infrastructure makes it easy to secure clients in a globally dispersed environment. The scanning on the clients is well optimized and it is hardly noticeable from performance aspect. Fast response to 0-day attacks by Symantec. The ability to configure application execution prevention that can ban installers from starting if they are not in a default container. There is minimum detection of false positives.

What do you dislike?

The size of the updates can be a bit of a downside. This goes especially when new clients are introduced in an environment with slower bandwidth. The configuration interface can use an interface update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth a try especially if you are a huge organization with 10.000+ clients.

We have it as the default company wide solution (on over 200K clients) for protection against malware threats and 0-day attacks. Moreover, we also use it to prevent installation of application from unwanted sources.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Arif E.
Arif E.

"Get Symantec Get Secured"

What do you like best?

Deep Search for virus, It cleans my system and keep it secure. It's getting updated time to time to secure me from ransomware like malware.

What do you dislike?

Its Heavy, You can try a lighter version. you can also make this lighter for mobile applications as well. Mobile users rely on basically lighter version of antivirus. I think you guys also have to advertise it more and more because the advertisement numbers is very less. You can also provide end to end security with 1 year free software because it keeps user to use your product. I would prefer quick heal for personal use only because it is very light weight while i am aware that your product can clean better but this is the trend now this is what we want actually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely yes, we can recommend it to everyone for personal and business use. In this era of modernizing where internet has become primary need we would require trustworthy anti virus software

It Cleans up my PC which help me to reduce the chances of system lagging, Also its very good virus protector so i can rest assure that my files of business and data of business is secure. you don't need to worry about updates, it gives you pop up when a update is there. You Can also restrict to use pen drive or external media with the help of this antivirus,

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Powerful and Comprehensive Endpoint Protection Product,"

What do you like best?

Symantec SEP product has lot of great features to protect the endpoint devices to the enterprise customers, and more to come in each new major release. A single process running on the system covers so many functionalities product provide, and most importantly, it uses rather low resource on the system and protect the customers most.

The product has much more advantage comparing with other peer vendor on system boot and overall system performance. In place upgrade always keep the system protected and remove the older version automatically in silent mode while keeping the system protected with upgraded client. Client and Management are version independent, the new and old versions of the clients are manageable by the older and new management servers versions. Simple upgrade, few click to get the job done.

Fast product upgrade, SEP always has a newer version ready whenever the major OS companies release a new OS update, Not many its peer can do that fast. This gives me great relief when I evaluate the new OS version and I am comfortable that I am still protected.

I've used the product starting with NAV 7.x back to 15 years ago, all the way up to 14, I also used other products between, but eventually we still choose SEP as our endpoint protection, it is not just AV, but protect your system from all angles solid. As you play other products, when you spend time configuring it correctly and using all components, you are protected better than your peers using other products.

What do you dislike?

More and more auditors demands a lot more than they used to, SEP still logs administrators action at minimum level, I would like to see SEP would provide detailed log information if administrator change or update something on SEP management servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend other customers. Easy to deploy in large and small environment with all levels of consideration and very important it says it is a protection, yes you will be protected with it.New advanced features in SEP 14 added more security controls and protections.

Manage the removable storage device in granular level to prevent the data leakage and increase the maximum protection on all types of malware from system, file and network levels.

Collected data stored in the database, if we do not make full use it and attempting to buy a new product to do the same would be a waste financially and make your endpoint lose the resources, SEPM can send those collected information to ATP, with implement ATP, we leverage the data SEP already collected as well as the cyber intelligence network information from Symantec, it can quickly uncover the attack artifacts, suspicious activities and stop them.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by kirandeep k.
kirandeep k.

"This is great Antivirus who detect deep dive of any virus."

What do you like best?

this will help to protect our enduser from any malware and ransomware.this is best technology ever.we all recommend to use this anti virus to protect your confidencial data from any harmful issue.one of most like that it detects the applications and device control and the most awesome support is host integrity in symantec Endpoint protection.

What do you dislike?

this will not protect EDR solution and it should be a common console for EDR solution and SEPM.should have automatic workflow to improve performance of symantec endpoint protection.symantec Endpoint protection should have ability to uninstall third party antivirus which is already running on enduser machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we all recommend to use this product once time which is giving best features and functionalities giving to us.There are a lot of question in each organization before taking this product and best part is Symantec endpoint protection able to resolve all questions .All the very best symantec team and thank you so much for giving this product. it should have to take each organization before taking any other product.We all recommending same to use who have all feature what you want and what is suits for your organizations.Before taking anytthing should go through reviews of all product and we recommend to use this product once.

this is fully management solution where we can manage enduser from single console and best thing is that we can create custom policies.we can block pin drive with this tools that is the most awesome support.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Sudarshan P.
Sudarshan P.

"Must need tool for Endpoint Security Great product!"

What do you like best?

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.This software has a small footprint, has very low false positive notification and is particularly very effective protecting against malware using machine learning.

Another thing is that it's not intrusive. It works in the background and you usually don't know it's there.

What do you dislike?

Symantec Endpoint Protection can use a little bit to much system resources to run. It can also cause some of your apps to not function properly with certain features turned on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec Endpoint Protection helps to protect your I.T infrastructure from malicious, unwanted access, viruses and other I.T threats. Have peace of mind knowing that your data and privacy are all secured.Have been using symantec endpoint protection for 5 years or so and overall it has provided us with good virus and malware protection. Upgrades are a bit tricky but their support is very good and helps us each time. The interface to the server manager is a little tricky until you get used to it but still if I am not in there every week or so I find I need to call for help, but they have great support.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Security at it's best."

What do you like best?

Product features are at it's best.

These features are easy to use and work awesome.

The most comprehensive tool of its type that we鈥檝e seen with superb installation and documentation.

Symantec Endpoint Protection delivers protection in a lightweight package, building on industry-leading 99.9% efficacy, low false positives and a 70% reduced footprint over the previous generation through new advanced cloud look-up capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much as I see... however may be in the coming updates we may have something to report.

I personally would go with the Services.. Technical Support needs to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec Endpoint Protection is surely a virus buster, however, be ready to have hardware resources at bay.

It gives ultimate protection with a cost.

However, thinking optimistically "Prevention is in our hands".

As a consultant, I deal with multiple customers. Symantec stands true to its word. "Security" means Symantec.

I still remember, when handling customers, they think Symantec Endpoint Protection as just an "Antivirus" and when I tell them about the features it provides they are amazed.

Symantec Endpoint Protection has grown beyond the word "Antivirus", it is an ultimate protection against newly found viruses.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Marc U.
Marc U.

"Enterprise Level Protection for Low Cost"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is not only Antivirus/Spyware protection but it offers additional features such as application and device control as well as IPS and host based firewall. You definitely get a lot for the subscription costs with the power of Symantec behind you. Our company has Operating Systems from Windows Xp up through Windows 10 as well as Mac. With SEP we can easily deploy the agent to all of those systems without the need for additional configuration or cost from the vendor. Competitors of Symantec will no longer or already do no longer support Windows Xp and that affects us since our point of sale system is still on Xp. We needed something that would provide all around protection as well as not affect performance of the workstations; SEP helped us achieve that.

What do you dislike?

I was never much of a fan of a web based console but you are seeing that more frequently. I wish there was an option for a local management console in conjunction with the web console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup your own SQL server to ensure you can use it to its fullest potential; the built in SQL server only supports a specific amount of endpoints. I always double the specs when it comes to RAM as well as hard disk space.

We have multiple endpoint products on our retail and corporate side; this will allow us to migrate to one solution across the board with an easy to use interface. This will also save us money as we will not be paying for those multiple products after 2016.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Madugundu R.
Madugundu R.

"Symantec amazon"

What do you like best?

it is amazing product to explain the customer regarding Symantec and implementation easy to be done. it is not only Antivirus there some features also come with Symantec Endpoint Protection like Application control and device control, Firewall policy, file sharing option and more. In Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager we can find it easily when we change the policy it means the endpoint protection has the same.

What do you dislike?

As of now i have not get any unlike features in the Symantec Endpoint Protection. I would like to tell you that please improve push deployment tool because it's not having the installation of endpoint protection completely in one attempt like we need to deploy the endpoint support package which is having 32 bit OS so better to develop in setup to install all supported OS like 32 bit or 64 bit

Recommendations to others considering the product

i strongly recommended to people who is looking for Anti Virus because the Symantec endpoint protection gives advanced threat protection and detect malware

i have been solved so many things like communication issue with Endpoint Protection to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. i have realized the benefits of Symantec Endpoint Protection like Advanced security other than products, Monitoring endpoints with system configuration in SEPM,

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"I have excellent experience with symantec endpoint protection "

What do you like best?

I have excellent experience with symantec endpoint protection ,

the support is very professional and quick response

simple to manage and to deploy to clients with the configured policy

What do you dislike?

i'd like to receive notification when there is an attack to the middle east and showing us how to be protected through symantec and article to follow to apply this protection

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using symantec endpoint protection it is effective and light on the machine

machine desktop ,laptop and servers protection against common attacks

support is excellent

I have excellent experience with symantec endpoint protection ,

the support is very professional and quick response

simple to manage and to deploy to clients with the configured policy

catch most of the antivirus and malware reporting is very useful and effective i can configure report to be received through the email and take necessary action

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Juan Pablo G.
Juan Pablo G.

"One Console, one client, Many layers of protection next-generation capabilities"

What do you like best?

Is a great solution, scalable, Protec multiples operative systems. Easy setup, easy manage. A lot of information about endpoints, System lookdown, device control, app control, virtual tagging, firewall, intrusion prevention and a lot of useful features,

Designed for virtual environments with specific tools,

New technologies against thread, Sonar(real time protection and Insigh(reputation intelligence), prevent day zero attacks .

Recently modules added like Machine learning, Memory Exploit Prevent, and Emulation

15 Years Running, a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms

Granular policy control, scalable, easy to manage and low false positives.

Artificial intelligence fused with critical endpoint technologies deliver a complete solution.

Recently this product Won the AV-test 2016.

Block zero-day attacks that prey on memory-based vulnerabilities in many popular applications with memory exploit mitigation.

Advanced machine learning done right: Stop unknown threats with advanced machine learning AI to deliver maximum protection at the endpoint with minimal false positives.

And other important thing is Symantec鈥檚 global intelligence network of 175 million endpoints and our advanced machine learning technologies allow you to detect threats more accurately.

What do you dislike?

They could include protection, for mobile platforms and maybe some for MDM, No web filtering

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a certified partner for the installation. If you want you can download a trial.

Protect against threats, Bring security with great performance, Prevent unauthorized device connecting to endpoints, automatic reports and notifications. Reduce bandwidth consumption. Recovery tools.

Fail over support solution. R

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Meets Virus Protection Needs"

What do you like best?

I like that I can log into our admin portal and deploy Symantec to any devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike strongly how difficult it is to uninstall this product when need be. If you don't have access to our admin portal it can be a nightmare to get this off a device to open up a license for another device. Once we recycle a device we will remove Symantec from the device so we can use the remainder of the license on another device, but it can sometimes take several times to get it to uninstall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this as a solution for virus protection. It isn't overly expensive and is easy to use and deploy.

We are using Symantec only as a virus protection software.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Great Endpoint Protection Suite"

What do you like best?

The interface is extremely user friendly. As soon as you log in you are taken to the home page that shows a dashboard with all of the pertinent information from an administration standpoint. You will know instantly what the health is of your environment.

What do you dislike?

Policies could be more user friendly. It is great that you can be very granular with exceptions, but creating a single exception could require many tweaks and tests before you finally produce the desired results.

SEP has kept our clients protected with little to no remediation required. Threats are quickly quarantined and cleaned up.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Rohit S.
Rohit S.

"SEP - Our Trusted Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

SEP is very simple to install, but at the same time the User Interface is too good to be used by a customer and partner. Its blocking new and unknown threats very well and which are usually missed by other Endpoint Solutions. Using it widely in our customer base and even as a Symantec Partner in our Internal IT to show the use cases to customers. Excellent Product.!!!

What do you dislike?

I didnt not find much issues or something that i can write to dislike about this product. The offline updates of the SEP can be made more simpler. I found that little troublesome by downloading and placing in folder and it takes so much time to update in the SEP window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great Endpoint Solution and very flexible, stable and trusted one.

End Point Security in General.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Very solid application"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can control multiple devices from one console, this makes administration of your infrastructure much easier. The scanning of clients is seamless and Symantec seem to have nailed down the optimisation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when using reverse proxy to update lunux applications can break and there is not much support for fixing this. The idea of being able to pull down the definations and putting them in a repository so the clients don't have to connect to the internet is a great idea but this sdoesn't always seem to work correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a reliable tool then this should be highly put forward to your purchasing manager

The benefits of SEP are good, it is particular handy when it comes to protecting against malware and zero day attacks

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Great support and detection is getting better and better!"

What do you like best?

The support, the fact that you can create different sites for rules, can upload files that are detected, but are not viruses to a portal. Also, the response times when uploading 3rd party applications to the false positive site.

What do you dislike?

It still is detecting quite a few false positives, however it is so much better with detecting actual virus/malware/etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The value of the (awesome) support alone makes this product WELL worth it. Also, it's protection methods and the research put into the product makes it one of the best products on the market!

To be able to monitor machines that are infected and get quick resolutions. Also, with the newest SEP, we were able to detect one of the double pulsar attacks and it helped keep the machines clean during the process!

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Venelina V.
Venelina V.

"Outstanding"

What do you like best?

We have been using Symantec for protection for all of our computer systems in the entire network for a couple of years. Symantec's malware scanning process is very quick and effective. We have not had a malware threat go unnoticed and not taken care of by Symantec so far. Symantec does not slow down our network or computers and runs perfectly in the background.

The system provides detailed logs about the points of scanning and many other valuable features.

What do you dislike?

Interface could be updated and sharpened, but there isn't anything negative about the functionality and effectiveness of Symantec.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec is easy to be deployed for your business needs. Definitely recommend as a possible malware scanning system.

We use Symantec to provide malware security in all of our computer systems in the network--more than 1000 computers and laptops.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Essential protection for your business"

What do you like best?

Often you find virus protection software to be on your screen and constantly trying to get you to click various things to go through a checking procedure. However with SEP, it's nice that you can get checks to occur in your own time and the size of it is dependent on you.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to process backups is painstakingly long and sometimes you want to just shut down at the end of the day but having to wait for it to process is tedious. This should be done throughout the day in small segments meaning by the time backup does arrive, it can complete quite easily and quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The point of Symantec Endpoint Protection is to put together threat protection and virus protection to secure your computers and make sure no malware gets through. This is essential in the everyday running of a business so SEP is something that should definitely be considered.

We use SEP in our everyday life by managing our computers and ensuring nothing malicious gets through. It's important to have and we understand that by ensuring all the rules are put in place to keep us at maximum protection. It's beneficial in the sense that nothing has ever come through and got a hold of our data.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The protection you need"

What do you like best?

Once you install Symantic Endpoint Protection, you don't have to worry about too much after that. You can simply set it up so that it's tailored for you and then leave it running in the background to do its job.

What do you dislike?

I wish the speed of scanning and processing was quicker, because even though you can leave it to run in the background, at times I have felt the system slow down to a point where it becomes frustrating and you often want to just scan things at the end of the day or whilst you're in meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a large business, SEP is definitely made for you as you can tweak it to suit your needs, but if you're a small-scale company, this might seem like a lot of features, overkill if you will, and may not necessarily be the right software for you.

SEP is very advanced and provides a solid security solution for our business. It includes many varying features, such as an intrusion protection system, anti-malware software and a firewall. The benefits we see is increased security and it's good for our sized business to have that.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Great MFA"

What do you like best?

IT's quick and very easy to use. It can be downloaded to a desktop, laptop, tablet or even your smartphone. It's always ready whenever you need it.

What do you dislike?

The necessity of it all. I know why it is important, but it sucks that it has gotten to the point that it is necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user friendly tool. It automatically generates a new number every time the program is opened, which is then used as a second line of defense against malicious attacks on your data.

This provides us with a second layer of security for accessing our company Business2Business credit card web site. The benefits have been that we have not had a single data breach since we began using it.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Ozan O.
Ozan O.

"A Complete Endpoint Protection Monster"

What do you like best?

As a Symantec Gold Partner, I have done many projects from SMB to Enterprise level customers. Big amount of our customers totally satisfied with the performance and the ability of the SEP.

Last year while around the globe many companys faced serious attacks on their infrastructure like petya, wannacry, badrabbit, we as a symantec partner fortunately haven't see serious damage in non of our customers.

What do you dislike?

I could say at the management side Symantec can add more automation many customers had requests about this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend SEP to who wants to secure their endpoint devices.

-Endpoint protection

-Malicious activity prevention on endpoint devices.

-Real time protection on endpoints

-Advanced application and device control

-Advance machine learning capabilities helps to mitigate zero day attacks

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator

"Small Business security with control easy to use control panel"

What do you like best?

Provides 360 degree view of all the computers within the network and their security health statuses like, which computer:

-has old antivirus database

-has outdated software

-is live or not

and with a click of a button, you can send updates to the computers.

Moreover, the system notifies the the admin every time a computer had a vulnerability issue.

What do you dislike?

Some old apps that we use on our computers take too much time to get authenticated by Symantec.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Admin Panel is easy to use, and has a lot of Policy features for advanced users.

Admins will have a 360 degree view of what is happening within their system and take precautions.

Securing all computers connected to our servers and files.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great simple product to use"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple to use and gives you the ability to set basic exclusions. SEP takes all the hassle of management out and gives you an easy way to get reports and notifications on what is happening in your network.

What do you dislike?

At times, the product can be too simple and leaves you wanting more. The default is to use the normal basic profile without any modifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a large company you can trust, this is one of the BEST!

We are using SEP to ensure we completely understand and stay involved with what is going on with our computers and protect us from any sort of malware. The main benefit to us is that it removes the hassle of setting up a management server (but gives you the option to setup a local update server).

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"SEP: Always leading the way of endpoints protection"

What do you like best?

Easy setup and management. By having only one agent (software peace in each machine) makes things pretty smooth to deploy, troubleshoot, update and manage. One feature I really love about this suite is SONAR which is a great way of advanced protection against unknown malicious code.

What do you dislike?

It is really pricey. Let麓s be realistic, it is the most powerful tool out there but still I think Symantec Corporation should re-think the price strategies and make it more competitive specifically when it is a support renewal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I state in this review, SEP Suites are a bit pricey, so, you麓d like to save some money by dealing a multiple year support contract.

Besides the benefits of having our data secured, thanks to SEP we could integrate both email and endpoints (desktops, laptops and servers) on the same security platform.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by David M.
David M.

"Antivirus from a past generation"

What do you like best?

Central management is nice. Deployment is quite easy through it (after you make firewall exceptions etc. Updating clients is easy as well

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly. Making policies can be dangerous - you have to be VERY careful, as it's not very explicit on what devices are covered. We had a situation where we tried to disable USB storage, yet it disabled a LOT of USB keyboards/mouse other devices. No real setup support from the get-go. Capture rate wasn't great. We don't have a terrible infection rate, but ran across a few low impact problems that it didn't detect, or didn't detect originally, so once it found them it was a manual process to remove.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for something next gen. SEP is too old school, and without a complete re-write it's unsufficient to meet the current threat landscape.

The need for antivirus protection. We were hoping to use this to fill a gap for both antivirus protection and some endpoint control. However the endpoint control component tends to be obtrusive and problematic, as it changes firewall settings and really just didn't live up to the need for comprehensive protection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Sudheesh A.
Sudheesh A.

"SEP going to lead the way with more integrations"

What do you like best?

With the enhanced capabilities of EDR and SEP deception Symantec SEP has reached new heights in endpoint protection. , A reduction of bandwidth usage and definition file sizes by 70 % the agent turns to be lighter ever. WSS integration with SEP gives more value add for the customers.

Recently introduced value review tool for existing customers is a good tool. Finding out gaps in the implementation of the solution is important to despite having the cutting edge features of the solution.

What do you dislike?

SEP Manager need a revamped UI and easy to use workflow for administration.

SEP resolves the "threat risk of endpoints " issue for the business for both on prim and roaming users.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"SEP - Work? Or not?"

What do you like best?

It works. Maybe a little elephant, but works. Helps us to protect our environment and has many options. It's not slow, it looks also that it did not slow the systems (too much).

What do you dislike?

I still think the tool it too heavy (not that heavy as before, but still heavy). It's more simple now, but yet heavy for my daily use. So heavy, that i always think in stop it before troubleshoot other stuff

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other options. Maybe that's a great tool for you, maybe not.

Virus, trojans, users, i mean, user problems. We usually had problems of systems stopping cause of malwares or even user trying to help with unclean pendrives. That type of actions almost stopped after we setup SEP. We had to deploy to servers too, but it helped to stop most type of problems. We start to notice some stuff that without the tool, we couldn't detect. So, it really works for us. Simple and easy. We got to sleep at night, without need to worry with what was happening to our environment. And it locks so much the systems, that the admins always need to remember how it was locked, to add a new administrator, for example. But, the business users are happier, or at least, stopped to open tickets related to systems not running, caused by malwares. That reduced the work of the support team, that now may focus in different stuff.

"Good endpoint protection"

What do you like best?

SEP 14 has a advanced machine learning ,insight, sonar and good firewall features and ids ips also there.A combined test of ordinary use cases found that a Norton installation causes a system slowdown of about four seconds, caused by the anti-virus program checking each file before running it.offer a wide range of customizable features, allowing you to change the depth and breadth of the virus scan's searches. Norton also includes a number of tools for protecting and recovering your computer, such as a bootable recovery tool for restoring your PCs in an emergency.

What do you dislike?

We have Endpoint and I have seen it block things and delete things, but if someone gets infected bad it can't handle it and we have to wipe the computer. The first coarse of action is to get it off the network.

As a company as a whole we have never had a bad intrusion company wide.

I can give my opinion as far as what we purchase but it is up to the security department what we end up with. If I could decide I think I would give Set a try.

confidential data prevention. best security to the endpoint machines. and also provide security on network base. everyday new DAT update find out the new virus and remove from client machine

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Powerful, but hampered by system clutter"

What do you like best?

I love the depth of the integration, how it can manage and protect all the trouble spots a system can have. I really like the depth fo the customer service too, they are helpful and educated, far more than your average 'lvl 1 support' person reading from a script usually is.

What do you dislike?

Its biggest feature is also its biggest downfall, as with so many Norton/Symantic products they dig deep into your system to provide some very impressive features, but at the same time that deep integration bogs your system down, makes for a tedious uninstall and I dislike their payment model as well. I want to go back to paying one for software, I really dislike the subscription model as the primary payment method for software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful software, if you are one the many forced to use multiple software packages to provide your system and/or network of computers with security I'd recommend Endpoint, just make sure you systems are new and powerful. Older systems can't really handle the deep, entangling integration that Endpoint necessitates to do its job well.

We were trying to find all in one, full featured protection suite. We had grown tired of having to run 4-5 programs to protect our system, keep them all update and have to deal with the mixture of 4-5 different payment for service models too.

Its main benefit is that is simplified everything, protection, updates, payments. All were much simper with Endpoint.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User

"Symantec Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can authenticate another machine or my cell phone and use it elsewhere. I also like the fact that it has multiple protection choices. You have to enter your credentials before you can even load into the windows screen. It just offers that much more protection.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that you need to reset different credentials to a different computer, to make that the main.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I think it works very well.

User identification, anti malware and spyware protection and removal.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant

"An excellent Endpoint AV, FIrewall and IPS"

What do you like best?

SEP provide up-to-date signature based AV protection, by leveraging the data collected by Symantec across their multitude of tools and globally based customers, providing precise and advantageous insight into what is happening in the Security world. However, it also provides excellent IPS abilities including the ability to lock down endpoints with Whitelists, detect USB use etc. Combining this functionality with the more dynamic aspects of SEP like Sonar and Heuristic detection ensures a safe and secure endpoint environment.

What do you dislike?

The Console is looking dated and the Live Update can some times fail. Additionally, more options on the alerting of SEP would be good, as is, ensuring certain events are pushed to the front of the alerting queue.

We use AV, FW, System Shutdown for protecting Embedded machines (ATMs etc), Application and File control for monitoring specific file and folders as well as limiting access to External media, such as USB, phones and CD/DVD. We have utilised SEP as a front guard for Removable Media access on the Endpoint, and the combined it with DLP to ensure a dynamic, AD based+Content based protection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Divyanand D.
Divyanand D.

"The Best in Business"

What do you like best?

Symantec End point Protection is the best in business and it has overtaken its arch rival Mcafee. This has lots of features which enable the customer to purchase this product and use it to its full potential. The Best thing about this product is its user friendly and easy to deploy. The support team is extremely helpful in case of any issues.

What do you dislike?

It doesnt have Web Filter option. Reporting should be more accurate. Renewal is expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess everyone need to use this as its one of the leading End point in the industry and it has the rapport of maintaining its credibility in virus definitions.

We can easily quarantine the viruses and the database is constantly updated. If there are any other virus outbreak Symantec will release a patch and the issue will be stabilized. Benefits are we stopped lots of virus outbreak before happening..

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Good solution for your enterprise environment"

What do you like best?

SEP offers a ton of customization from within the administrators console. You can adjust how the software deploys (scan network or target machines specifically --- or export a package and add to SCCM for deployment), installs (silent, forced reboots or not), create specific policies for groups of devices, enable disable firewall (if you use Windows firewall for example).

Server interface is very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features could be a lot more easy to use. The search functions are not simple, and the reporting always comes back in a funky display.

Creating file exclusions can be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the amount of devices up front. Symantec offered different pricing options depending on the seat count that we were hoping to use.

Antivirus requirements for our enterprise environment. SEP offers a complete package, with the ability to customize features and policies depending on the scope of work. AKA, we can enforce more on our at risk users, and less on our super users and trusted team members.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by SURYAKANT S.
SURYAKANT S.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager review"

What do you like best?

i would like more features in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 14 better than other products which i know about. we can find the endpoint protection complete details like operating system, storage and other availability. So i strongly recommend to use this antivirus to protect small and enterprise organisations. Sonar feature will detect as Zero-Day attacks by hackers.

What do you dislike?

i have not seen dislike features on Symantec product. Symantec needs to improve push deployment tool because when we deploying the agent need to check the operating system bits.

i have facing in my organisation duplicate entries are created on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by James C.
James C.

"Quality Enterprise Protection"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can manage 100's of end points globally, from the Single Console.

The single console is very useful to manage their risks, forcefully enable scans to remediate any infections. Installs and scans run silently in the background for minimal user disruption.

Server interface is very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I find that the GUI interface can be a bit slow at times and reports can take time to generate, especially when dealing with lots of end points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth trying out and compare to other solutions.

The university that I work at has staff traveling around multiple locations at times, covering many different time zones. We have a dedicated IT team who supports these staff 24/7, this enables us to schedule scans and deal with infections whenevers convenient.

We have multiple categories of policies and package installations required for each time zone. These are easily managed using separate sub-folders and groups. It generlly works really well.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Jamira K.
Jamira K.

"Great software but kind of a drain "

What do you like best?

The software is great at stopping anything bad into your computer systems. We always felt secure with their software,

What do you dislike?

Our systems ran slower with Symantec that with other software. To make matters worse, we have a touchy software that accesses a database that seems to really act up when there is a drain on system resources.

probably the most secure we have every felt. If security is your top priority, we would highly recommend Symantec.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Saqib A.
Saqib A.

"It is a best solution for Endpoint Security."

What do you like best?

Sonar is the one of the best feature in this product.

What do you dislike?

Non-persisting VDI client issue is one of the biggest issue I have seen in this product because due that duplicate entries are start creating and licensing issue get arises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best solution for endpoint security I have ever seen.

This user friendly product as compare to others and support is very good.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Ajeet K.
Ajeet K.

"Complete Endpoint security with Advanced Threat Protection "

What do you like best?

Less resource utilization when scan the system, Support ATP integration , User friendly interface, SEPM console provide overall deployment status with great policy management, Group update provider benefits for remote locations.

The deployment of SEPM take very less time. You can deploy SEP on Endpoint through central console.

What do you dislike?

missing remote control of endpoint, looking for web filtering integration with Blue coat .

Recommendations to others considering the product

In security market SEP is the leader from long time and continue by providing latest scanning technology. It provide high visibility of endpoint status.

Advanced Machine Learning has improved SEP product

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Capable and Customizable Enterprise Anti-Virus Solution"

What do you like best?

Server centric model that allows quick and easy deployments to any computer within our company's network. Active Directory integration that allows you to use OUs for the grouping and customization of end-user security needs. Ability to create deployment packages easily through the Management Console for off site and remote users.

What do you dislike?

The actual Management Console application is a little slow and clunky. The back end uses a fairly poor DB system that also decreases performance and makes navigation within the console a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through CDW or another retail for better volume pricing on licensing. Buying direct from Symantec does not yield good discounts.

We use SEP within our organization as a anti virus solution and also for the management of the end-user Firewall rules by Active Directory OUs.

We have found that using SEP for our firewall management takes that step out of the equation and lets us avoid using Windows Firewall and managing that through an additional step. We can easily create groups from the Active Directory integration and customize the Firewall through each OU. This could be done with Windows Firewall and Group Policy, but SEP helped eliminate that additional procedure.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Thaveshin P.
Thaveshin P.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection v14"

What do you like best?

The EDR and cloud capabilities. Also, the policy hardening that can be managed from the cloud.

What do you dislike?

SEP updates are still too big and need to be minimized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of implementation and use. Better detection rate and smaller footprint. All features in one single agent.

Resolving network / virus issues. Tracing from where attacks/risks originate and being pro-active.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Ray A.
Ray A.

"SEP Eval"

What do you like best?

The fairly small footprint Symantec Endpoint Protection has. It doesn't impact performance of the computer at all.

What do you dislike?

I think the scan times can be a bit quicker. Full system scan takes a bit of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec is making great strides in moving SEP in the right direction. SEP Mobile and Cloud are a few of the options when looking at SEP.

One of the best AV products on the market that helps with all matters of malware. The ability to upload malware samples that update the SEP client provides a quick turnaround for protection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator

"Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 review"

What do you like best?

The Symantec Endpoint Protection has grown quite a bit since we deployed it in 2008, as the attack surface of windows endpoints the SEP client has grown to fill these areas. In the 14.x versions symantec has added machine learning to detect the newest evasive malware.

What do you dislike?

The client is considerably more reliable than previous versions but in my experience there are few fixes for a broken client, we end up uninstalling and reinstalling more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product which covers the spectrum of threat vectors. The endpoint is typically a last defense, the SEP client has blocked threats that have evaded other controls.

We want a endpoint security component that can protect the endpoints, one that can be managed centrally with policies that take into account business requirements.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"Symantec Endpoint Protection "

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection can be easily installed. You can create and deploy a silent install package with ease.

What do you dislike?

My origination has had some problems upgrading different client version of Symantec Endpoint Protection. We had to download a special tool from Symantec to remove the previous version to install the newest version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For now Symantec Endpoint Protection meets our company needs. We have discussed exploring other options but so far we have not done so.

We use Symantec Endpoint Protection for anti virus solutions in our enterprise environment. Usually easy to deploy and manage from a central server. You can also configure end clients to distribute definitions for remote offices.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Decent Product Heading in the Right Direction"

What do you like best?

Centrally managed from a server, using Agent based deployment. Central console can be used to manage all aspects of your protection setup. Integrates well with the rest of Symantec's security platform.

What do you dislike?

Symantec's licensing can be a minefield, though that isn't an issue with the product itself. Can be a little resource heavy, will run fine if adequately resourced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth looking at, particularly with the recent merger with Bluecoat.

Endpoint protection that needs little client-side management. While everything works well and it's a strong product, we chose to go with a competitor for our Endpoint Protection. This was mostly a case of preference and choosing to stay with our current vendor. If there had been no existing relationship, the choice may have been different.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Lan L.
Lan L.

"Symantec Endpoint Protect for antivirus and firewall solution"

What do you like best?

To central management: antivirus protection, live update, firewall and deploy policy to restrict unlicense software. All of features in one software. I love the policy to restrict the unlicense software and portable software which excute by user without permission by IT admin. Full protection for our business.

What do you dislike?

When deep scan all partitions, it consumes high CPU and RAM when full scanning, effect to productivity.

Must to change the scan schedule on day off.

To protect my PC and LAN network without virus. Latest update pattern via live update from Symantec server which improve our internet bandwidth. To restrict the unlicense software and portable software which excute by user without permission by IT admin. Full protection for our business

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Avinash M D.
Avinash M D.

"Symantec endpoint protection review "

What do you like best?

layered protection to prevent threats from infecting endpoints

new technologies such as AML , Emulator will be effective in detecting threats more efficiently

Integration with Symantec ATP

What do you dislike?

Consumes more memory during Full scans

Cannot update Linux or Mac from SEPM directly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to look at logs every day and follow best practices for better results with SEP

Efficient protection by using single product along with device control and application control

Detection of more threats which are not detected earlier when using third party solution

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"Secure Access"

What do you like best?

I found the VIP is more secure compare to the other older clients. its easy to use as no need to put any pin.

Also this cant be replicated to the devices.

What do you dislike?

A pin should be there to make it more secure. and also the Mobile app is having only QR scanner, it should have the manual signin option too.

I am using it to login to my company network and to the client network. this is a secure way to login and protect the network from hacking.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"The Protection which all PCs Need!"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a powerful tool to ensure full security of your system and official files. We are particularly impressed by the levels of protection that Symantec offers including - Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, SONAR, Device Control, Download Intel, Browser Security and Smart Firewall. They are also excellent in Email Protection and related security features.

What do you dislike?

It's an excellent solution for all businesses and definitely way ahead of it's competition!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are good people to do business with in the system protection and data privacy space. We have been long-term users now and have been completely satisfied. The product with very intuitive and the best in the market. They are very cost effective too and hence, I advise and recommend!

We use them for the following -

Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, SONAR, Device Control, Download Intel, Browser Security, Smart Firewall, Email Protection and related security features.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Shrey M.
Shrey M.

"They have the largest threat intelligence network for endpoint protection"

What do you like best?

Symantec protects the most endpoints possible thus it sees the most amount of malwares that are present. This gives the system a lot of data to protect other computers.

What do you dislike?

Pricing for the software can be a bit steep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Splunk and Microsoft security essentials

Protecting enterprise endpoints for our company computers

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator

"Best endpoint solution for enterprise approach"

What do you like best?

- Scalability

- Comprehensive features

- Integration with most of the Symantec products

- Newer versions/builds include interesting features: WSS, Hardening, ATP, etc.

- Easy to deploy, ease of use

What do you dislike?

- Better Q&A would lead to avoid issues with newer builds

- Manually compiling the linux client can be frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for enterprise environments, lots of layers of protection, top notch security technologies, ease of use and deployment.

Compatibility across Windows, Linux and OSx platforms. Single management console, hybrid on-premise/cloud environment.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Excellent Support & Very good Products"

What do you like best?

I have been using SEPM for more then 10 years in my company and using DLP from arround 5 years. Both products are very excellent. Their support is excellent as well. We are protected with ransomware using their advance templates. We can get feature like disalbing screen caputuring key.

What do you dislike?

They do not cover complete range of screen capturing softwares. It convers only Print Screen button. Need to enhance it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try Symantec they have very good features.

Data/information protection. Protection with new ransomwares.

"symantec endpoint protection 14"

What do you like best?

generic exploit mitigation, download insight, advanced machine learning features.You can enable Semantic Endpoint Protection to send information about detected threats and your network configuration to Antecedent. Semantic uses this information for additional analysis and to improve the security features in the product.

What do you dislike?

there is no feature to block social media attacks. no doubt very awesome and easy to use.These scans let you select specific folders to be scanned rather than scanning all the files on the Windows client computer. The %systemdrive% variable indicates the location where the Windows operating system is installed. The %userprofile% variable corresponds to the user profile folders for the users who are logged on. You can also exclude these folders from being scanned by using an Exceptions policy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEP works beyond antivirus product .You can enable Symantec Endpoint Protection to send information about detected threats and your network configuration to Symantec. Symantec uses this information for additional analysis and to improve the security features in the product.Symantec Endpoint Protection defends businesses from both malware and targeted attacks鈥攑rotecting against new and unknown threats.

Symantec Endpoint Protection uses Symantec鈥檚 Insight platform to collect and collate data from over 200 million systems in 200-plus countries. It uses this data to identify and create a security rating for every file accessed through the Internet. As a result, it stops targeted attacks and advanced, persistent threats with a degree of protection that far exceeds the capacities of traditional anti-virus.

Deployed as an on-premise solution, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers unified management across physical and virtual platforms, with granular policy control for enhanced flexibility and scalability.

SEP provided secured environment, prevents from ransomware attacks.its protect our client from ransomware attack. so i like it very much. and in This new endpoint-based machine learning engine can detect malware based on static attributes. This technology enables Symantec Endpoint Protection to detect malware in the pre-execution phase, thereby stopping large classes of malware, both known and unknown. The AML engine works with the Symantec real-time cloud-based threat intelligence to provide best-in-class protection with low false positives.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Puneet A.
Puneet A.

"Complete safety package in Single Console."

What do you like best?

I currently do take care of more than 15000 machines placed globally from the Single Console.

Using the single console, I check their risks, i can forcefully put scans to remediate any infections & command status is another ways to know which tasks have successful.

What do you dislike?

GUI response is a bit slow & reports take time to generate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My headline clears ALL "Complete safety package in Single Console."

My organization has offices at multiple locations serving at nearly 10 different time zones. I have separate groups created for each location & thus I can schedule scans accordingly.

Also, we have 3-4 categories of policies & package installations required for each location & they are also easily managed separately in sub-folders I create in groups. Its just Awesome!!!

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Jonas D.
Jonas D.

"Solid solution for End Point protection"

What do you like best?

Small foot print. Symantec AV does not take up much processing power yet works great at protecting end points.

What do you dislike?

If Symantec could provide some better training it would be appreciated.

The reporting from the clients back to the console is good so the ability to create reports is great for PCI.

"Coverage of most areas"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of different options out there for endpoint solutions, Symantec, while not on the bleeding edge encompass a lot of the features that are includes at a high level. Their experience in the area means that they are reliable with little risk to systems.

What do you dislike?

As per previous comment, so called next gen endpoint solutions tend to roll out updates and features quicker that may never appear in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to test with standard install

To protect the organisation

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Tyler D.
Tyler D.

"Overall Good Antivirus and Spyware Protection "

What do you like best?

I really like that Symantec is easy to setup and manage. Does not require much to get ready for use. It has been very reliable for me and the people I work with. Cant really say anything bad about it at this time.

What do you dislike?

There is noting I really do not like about Symantec.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hear a lot of mixed reviews about Symantec vs other antivirus programs. Our company does not experience a lot of virus or malware problems so it fits our needs. My only suggestion would be to do the research before settling on a system as this may not fit your needs entirely.

Our organization primarily uses it for antivirus, web, network, and spyware protection. Every company computer has it installed during the imaging process

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by kishorilal S.
kishorilal S.

"One of the best Antivirus with advance technology for threat detection like SONAR"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is User friendly, and having very good log collection method, centralized administration and virus reporting.. Also Symantec has very nice log collection utility like Symhelp and Norton Power Eraser tool to clean Root kits. Symantec is one of the best tool that i have worked so far and I appreciate the function of it which helps us to fix the virus issue quickly.

What do you dislike?

Report needs to be more flexible like getting non compliant machine reports, running automatic scripts for non complaint . It also affect the performance of machine hence many user dont like this.. There is reporting and automatic remediation of non complaint machine needs to be taken care.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should have better virus signatures and advanced features like NTP and SONAR

We have proactively collected critical virus outbreaks like Ransomeware - W32.Ransome.Q and remdiated before it could complete infection and encrypt the disc,

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Muhammad H.
Muhammad H.

"Great Overall product for Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

It can do much more than a traditional Antivirus Solution, from Endpoint management to access controls and a whole bunch of other features. The new version 14 having the cloud definitions feature makes the product even more powerful.

What do you dislike?

Management server being based on Java is sometimes slow and can be greatly improved. More training material should be there on generating reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it fits your requirements and do a thorough PoC. Test with a few clients to understand the power of the product.

Controlling access, improving endpoint related security issues. Protecting against malware and spyware has greatly improved over time

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Not just AV - Use the "

What do you like best?

All of the portions of SEP work great together, and don't just leverage AV. In fact AV is dead and you need things like SONAR and the Firewall and other portins to be sucessfull

SEP also works great for Device Control allowing us to limit the types of USB drives we allow

What do you dislike?

Symantec needs to speed up the support of new versions of Windows 10. Now that releases are happening twice a year I can't wait a long time for a new update to Symantec to upgrade .

ALso increase speed of support of Mac OS upgrades

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into all of the features that SEP provides. So many people only setup AV. Application Control, Device Control, etc. all work great

Protecting our endpoints from malware, APTs and other virus problems. Limit USB use to only approved devices

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by 脰mer G.
脰mer G.

"It was a long time ago, about the time of Windows XP. It was quite good."

What do you like best?

The trust for the brand. I think this is the one of the biggest thing I like about Symantec.

What do you dislike?

The application development process was quite slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All I can tell is that Symantec is a big corp. You can trust it.

I can't talk about business, I used the product for the protection of my several personal computers. And it did a very well job. Especially with win32/sality virus.

"My experience with SEP"

What do you like best?

The management of the SEP endpoint has always been very intuitive. I never feel like I have to look hard to fine the settings I need.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues with updates that cannot be explained by the Symantec team. This causes frustrations with management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Include the ATP portion of the production with the base functionality of SEP

An overall protection platform for all of our endpoints

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Nik Z.
Nik Z.

"SEP for Small Business is a good option to use"

What do you like best?

Web Portal is clean, easy to use and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

reports are a little clunky to navigate through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEP is easy to use, easy to manage and easy to install

SEP provides my endpoint protection and virus removal

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Jake G.
Jake G.

"Virus protection Review"

What do you like best?

The level of protection and real time scanning without slowing down my computer

What do you dislike?

I dislike virus protection software being able to prevent me from installing anything else if it is running in real time protection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that this is definitely one of the better virus protection software options available. If you are unsure of which product to use, this is always a good choice. It does everything you need to be proactive about accidental downloads and spam emails. It does the job very well.

We are solving the problem of accidentally downloading viruses. I haven't seen any benefits per se, but i know without it we could have some issues within our organization.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by James K.
James K.

"Opinion of SEP from the eyes of a small business IT Consultant"

What do you like best?

Management Console is one of the best in the business. It is very easy to get access to things you need to see quickly, like endpoint health and licensing details.

Deployment tools make applying client software to endpoints out in the network very easy.

SEP has great support. You will be talking to a knowledgeable tech very quickly. And, if you are patient, they will teach you something!

What do you dislike?

On the SEPM server, the definitions directory can take up a significant amount of space when they are not truncating properly. This is a common occurrence with 12.1.4, but 12.1.5 and 12.1.6 may have improved on this flaw.

Sometimes, it really seems like it doesn't always catch things. Sometimes I have a workstation flaking out, I run a Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware scan, and it finds nasty stuff. Why SEP missed it is anyone's guess.

I am an IT consultant for numerous clients. Most clients are small businesses. SEP is the recommended antivirus solution for my clients that are in need of a managed AV solution.

Benefits realized (for my clients):

1. Centralized, managed control over AV health

2. Easy deployment tools

3. Great support

4. Free product updates with a current license

5. Cleaner, safer network

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Sameer M.
Sameer M.

"Symantec is the best in the buisness"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Threat con, policies that can go granular, command status monitoring, push deployments, app and device control, centralized management

What do you dislike?

I believe Symantec should work on a tool that can be used from a central location to un install 3rd party Antivirus software's and uninstall its own older versions, so clean installations using the push deployments can be performed, I work for many large environments and upgrades some times does not go well, so the way we push deploy the client component there should be a way to un install any 3rd party antivirus software's or Symantec's own pervious versions.

and exporting of reports to excel spreadsheets such as inventory reports must be improvised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My personal experience with SEP is very very good, if any one remembers back in 2012-2013 we had an outbreak of a Virus named NIMDA, back then no other software was able to eliminate it, except Symantec corporate edition, it actually saved my job, it was a better product back then and Symantec continues to make it better, I truly have fully confidence in Symantec. makes my job easier and worry free even today.

I work for a an IT service provider, and deal with multiple customers, where requirements are different, implementations, but regardless of requirements SEP is a solution I find can be moulded as per the requirements and to the customers satisfaction.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Trang P.
Trang P.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection with live update"

What do you like best?

Live update feature in internal network, reduce the bandwith

What do you dislike?

High utilization CPU and RAM for PC slow spec.

Symantec Endpoint Protection, with live update feature. This is very usefull feature, same as WSUS windows. It can download from Symantec server and update the latest version, it reduces the internet network bandwith.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"SEP Review - The best of Endpoint Security. "

What do you like best?

The granularity of SEP is beyond any other product out there. It's flexibility is also a key bonus.

What do you dislike?

Reliance on external update component (LiveUpdate).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fully fleshed out product, with all the bells and whistles you could want from Endpoint Security, and more. The new technology being pushed through SEP is also way ahead of the competition.

Endpoint Security, network monitoring, Host Integrity Checking.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"SEP is a good solution for enterprise antivirus!"

What do you like best?

Easy to spin up, configure, roll out, and manage. Was able to complete the config/rollout using in-house resources. Takes about a 1/4 FTE to manage.

What do you dislike?

Basic console. Could be more robust/updated. Group Update Provider config should allow for more control/limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your layout/infrastructure accordingly. Read plenty of documentation before attempting to implement. Create a Symantec Connect account for community assistance (if needed).

Endpoint workstation/server AntiVirus. Application and Device control (USB Lockdown). Reporting on both.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant

"La mejor protecci贸n contra cualquier tipo de ataque."

What do you like best?

Lo que mas me gusta es su f谩cil administraci贸n, debido a su interfaz de f谩cil manejo , as铆 como su nivel de seguridad y rendimiento de la herramienta.

What do you dislike?

No me llama la atenci贸n el tama帽o de sus instaladores, 170MB con firmas me parece a煤n muy grande para hacer un deployment por push.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Su nivel de seguridad.

Eh instalado y configurado SEPM en diferentes negocios con enfoques distintos, sin embargo eh logrado obtener un mayor beneficio de la herramienta a nivel Educativo.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Symantec works well for what it does"

What do you like best?

I liked that we could deploy updates and see that it worked

What do you dislike?

I dislike that for some reason our remote access to computers in the district is no longer working and no one can figure it out.

Deployment of updates on a varied pattern so not everyone is having it go through at same time. Was using it for remoting into clients machines to troubleshoot

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Bryan S.
Bryan S.

"Seriously stops hackers"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection seemed to be the only product out there that actually defends against non-signature based attacks. It has a layered protection which keeps endpoints safe from malware, targeted attacks, and APT

What do you dislike?

It did seem a bit buggy at first on the client. In fact it slowed down the server pretty good. Fortunately it seems like the updates have included performance upgrades that made vast improvements on the UI and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to stop hackers, then you might want to schedule a webex to learn more about this product.

The problem is that signature based protection alone is dead. As hackers become more sophisticated, the defenses must also become more sophisticated. Classical AV is not enough and this has been solved by using the Symantec Endpoint Protection product.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Akshat K.
Akshat K.

"It's a great experience to work on Symantec Endpoint Protection Server"

What do you like best?

Configuration, deployment & management is user friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like Symantec to work on is the licensing issue, whenever there is a need to reinstall any machine and when Symantec is reinstalled then it counts that machine as an extra license whereas it should detect the hostname and activate the client under same license.

As we are aware that users do not know how a website or an application will act on their machine as there is no test environment available to them. And we are aware that internet is full of threats, malwares, malicious applications which gets auto downloaded on user machines.

We find Symantec Endpoint Protection as an efficient protector for these situations and alerts the administrator too about the client end.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Sunny L.
Sunny L.

"A Whole Company Protected"

What do you like best?

The features that I like best about Symantec Endpoint Protection is that it offers relativity good protection without taking up too much memory. This virus protection software also runs in the background so you are always safe from potential online threats.

What do you dislike?

The features that I dislike about Symantec Endpoint Protection are that it requires you to restart your computer on every update. Occasionally, this virus software will focus me to stop my work just so it can update its protection software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend others to use Symantec Endpoint Proteciton.

The business problems that I am solving are having a good security system to protect my company's data. The benefits that I have realized are the prevention of online theft.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"User Of Symantec"

What do you like best?

Find Unmanaged Computers--You can scan a whole range of IP address..which will find your computers..no need to specify any name leave that blank..You can deploy as many clients you want.

Migration and Deployment wiz--Click ok Domain click Add--Supply Domain admin credentials--s,-Skip the offline client it will add all your machines ( except the ones which cannot be contacted ) then you can start the deployment on all of them at once.

Can do GPO deployment

What do you dislike?

Database size

Replication intervals are huge

More resources are required like Additional OS with minimum system requirements etc

SQL database may required additional license.

Easy Management of clients As PCs are joined to the domain, they *should* automatically move to the correct group.

Easy to know if any clients have SEP client installed or not.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

The management console is excellent. It provides more information than just current antivirus status. We are able to use this tool to determine additional computer information, which we use instead of looking in multiple other locations.

We also make use of the antivirus reports to determine problematic users and computers. This information has allowed us to address potential security vulnerabilities more quickly.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything to list. Maybe the price, but as I have said elsewhere - you get what you pay for. There are less expensive alternatives but once you add the savings in technicians time this seems moot to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the cost. Management alone makes the price much more reasonable. And support is phenomenal.

This provides our primary AV protection. It is also a console for quickly gathering information about a system.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by vignesh B.
vignesh B.

"Its a very good intelligence product to prevent risk and reality based attack"

What do you like best?

Its is combo product which contains all related to endpoint, scanning malware like any thing, its a wonderful product,

What do you dislike?

Need to to be improve fetching real time reports and Dashboard customisation , need to extend embedded Database capacity , Need to improve client UI console

Good

We restricted Zero Day attacks by SEPM as well as ransomer attacks , agent server communication sensitive is higher. we are able to maintain good standard HIPA .

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Denny S.
Denny S.

"STAY FAR AWAY"

What do you like best?

Absolutely nothing about this product is likeable.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The bloated installer. The ridiculous amounts of RAM needed to run the server. The databases that grow and grow and grow without any regard for size constraints. The licensing (difficult to understand). Lack of a cloud option. Lack of other options found in other vendors (like web filtering). Clients that don't always respond to server commands. Basically, the last "good" version of this program was version 10. Ever since they went to this cartoony interface it's been *horrid*.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. Just don't. Go find another vendor. Look for ones that offer the option to use a cloud based control panel.

I've solved the problem of using this software by switching to a cloud-based product. This new product works *wonderfully* and does not require that I house my own servers. As such, I've seen the issues I faced with symantec dissappear overnight (databases that would grow and fill up the server for no reason, antivirus definitions that were waaaaay out of data but still being stored on the server, reports that not only make sense but are much easier to generate).

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by DivyaPrakash M.
DivyaPrakash M.

"i never seen any products like this"

What do you like best?

bulk components, easy to use very much friendly interface, good threat intelligence layer and strategy. Quick updates and latest security's.

What do you dislike?

DMZ policy and configuration and policy compare with details. Endpoint user interfaces needs to be improve , More concerting on Automate activity with functional scripts.

Most recent virus Ransom Virus been prevented and we have taken action event zero day detect. Behaviors and repudiation. Device control use to monitor and block un authorized devices.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Symantec Endpoint Protection Review"

What do you like best?

Symatnec Endpoint Protection has a variety of protection technologies built into the product, therefore providing the most complete endpoint security solution currently available. Providing multiple levels of security is very important in ensuring our endpoints are protected.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the java console, this is dated and I would like to see this updated.

Symantec Endpoint Protection provides AV, Firewall, Endpoint Device Control and recently we have been testing the deception technology built into the product. This provides us a good overall endpoint security solution within the one product.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Internal Consultant in Printing
Internal Consultant in Printing

"Symantec Endpoint Protection review"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use client. Deploying SEP either through an image or off of our network went without a hitch. Instructing users on how to run a scan, or how to check how recent their definitions are isn't difficult. Have not had issues deploying the client, or definitions to keep client up to date.

What do you dislike?

Exported information from the client is difficult to use in a report. I'd like to be able to do granular reports of what threats are found by department, down to the workstation. I wish there was an easy, consistent way to do an audit of how many agents have been deployed to keep track of licensing. Has missed some threats. Needed different software to detect and remove malware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better reporting - hard to do licensing audits and quarterly threat assessments.

My company uses a VPN solution that requires local admin access for laptop users, so it is essential for us to have software that effectively works against malicious downloads. SEP has kept the amount of busywork I've had to deal with when it comes to viruses, root kits, and malware down to a minimum.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Maritime
Administrator in Maritime

"Be Careful Who You Ask For a Review"

What do you like best?

Centralized Administration - I like being able to setup everything in 1 place and control all the nodes from there.

What do you dislike?

NO LICENSING FLEXIBILITY, ITS HORRENDOUS. I built a SEP Server VM in a Hyper-V environment thinking I would be able to P2V the VM to my production VMware environment after I got all of my clients migrated over......NOPE!! YOUR SOFTWARE IS SO IN-FLEXIBLE I HAVE TO BUILD A NEW SERVER AND DO ANOTHER MIGRATION. FORGET IT!! I'M LOOKING AT OTHER SOFTWARE PACKAGES.

The ONLY piece of Symantec Software left that I would recommend to anyone is Ghost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YOU HAVE NOT ADAPTED YOUR SOFTWARE TO VIRTUALIZED INFRASTRUCTURES WITH YOUR HORRENDOUS LICENSING SCHEME. IT RANKS RIGHT UP THERE WITH OBAMACARE FOR PETE'S SAKE. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE MY SEP SERVER BE MOBILE. I HAVE A DR/BACKUP SOLUTION THAT ALLOWS ME TO STAND UP MY VM'S INSIDE OF IT WHEN/IF MY PRODUCTION SERVERS GO DOWN. CAN I STAND YOUR'S UP??? HELLLLL NOOOOOO.....I HAVE TO BUILD A BRAND NEW SERVER AND MIGRATE ALL OF MY CLIENTS OVER. THAT IS POOR.

Keeping a clean network. Benefits have been minimal since THERE IS NO FLEXIBILITY TO MOVE THE PRODUCT FROM ONE HOST TO ANOTHER BECAUSE YOUR LICENSING SCHEME IS BOVINE EXCREMENT.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Symantec has been a great antivirus software for our business"

What do you like best?

Symantec has been an intuitive protection software that solves our business needs. We've been very satisfied with the anti-virus portions of the software and feel confident that our machines are well protected. One of the great features is that it isn't an overbearing program, so it works mostly in the background and you only really notice it when there is a direct threat. Other programs I've worked with in the past seem to always have pop-ups which can be very distracting and give a less sophisticated appearance.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to encounter any problems with the software as of yet in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this software to companies looking for security protection, as well as to personal users looking for a good anti-virus software.

This software has solved our security issues related to malware and virus issues, which has saved us an incredibly amount of time and resources.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Vinh L.
Vinh L.

"Best software"

What do you like best?

Best software for firewall and live update

What do you dislike?

difficult to configure and price very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good firewall

Control the network and virus, protect USB and deploy program very usefull.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Scott K.
Scott K.

"My SEP review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, quick install, central management and integration with SMP via SEPIC.

What do you dislike?

Having to upgrade in order to gain Windows 10 support.

Network security (anti-virus, malware, firewall, etc).

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Carlton B.
Carlton B.

"My experience was helping to rid a nasty virus from a network that had over 3000 PC's connected."

What do you like best?

Easy to configure and worked wonderfully. Working as a contractor for a university medical center that had contracted a really nasty virus which infected the network. There were 3000 workstations at this school and about 60 percent of them were infected. Some of the PC's were re-imaged, others cleaned up using antivirus software, and still others had to be replaced as they were not powerful enough to run SEP. SEP was used to protect the network and all PC's after this virus was eradicated. The school has not had another virus since that time. That lets me know that SEP is top of the line.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with a product that works that good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Symantec Endpoint Protection to anyone who can't decide which product to use.

Less down time which means employee productivity is up.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Rakendraj P.
Rakendraj P.

"Endpoint Protection is must"

What do you like best?

Excellent product to all business need from SMB to Enterprise level.

What do you dislike?

To regularly backup the data and monitoring the endpoint machines day to day activity. but comapared to other vendor products like Trendmicro, sophos, Mcafee...etc Symantec has upper hand in all the aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to all SMB to Enterprise level customers.

Almost 90% of Endpoint are secured from viruses, Trojan, malware, adware, ransomer..etc..

"SEP for PCI"

What do you like best?

The SEP agent is flexible for a vast array of OS including functionality for embedded OS as well. Great for the PCI environment. The scope the agent covers is great for compliance if implemented correctly. Lightweight agent too!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the updates don't cycle properly but a restart of services fixes that or when in doubt reboot. Every now an again there's inconsistency with policy and hte agent can be quirky like most agent based software. It would be nice if they moved this to a full SEP for cloud. The current cloud version is stripped down and doesn't offer the same functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence and fully test the competitors on the market. SEP will undoubtedly meet or exceed those.

SEP is assisting our company fill the needs of PCI compliance meeting IDS/IPS needs, AV, Tamper protection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Confident and a happy user"

What do you like best?

easy to manage and deploy. and best in class for protecting our infrastructure

What do you dislike?

its much better if we have tools to remotely uninstall SEP agent remotely or thru SEPM policy.

we need to be confidently protected a world best AV solution in a market.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Prasann P.
Prasann P.

"Symantec is growing"

What do you like best?

Application and device control policy works as expected

What do you dislike?

Symantec should include the AI in their endpoint security

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec is growing fast compare to other few products in the market and empower the business

Control application and device control, prompt response to any incident.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant in Education Management
Consultant in Education Management

"Symantec Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

Symantec's recommended best practices for securing an enterprise environment with Symantec Endpoint Protection. Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) is detecting a file which is believed to be part of a clean known application. Smantec Endpoint Protection Software: system overview, features, price and cost ... Very good virus protection on symantec endpoint products

What do you dislike?

Group Update Provider to client and SEPM to Clients Definition update scheduling not available.

Centralize reporting

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"Symantec Suite"

What do you like best?

In the Suite I like the Brightmail Virtual Email Appliance.

What do you dislike?

Creating new installs for my clients after SEP manager is updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely invest in the suite to take advantage of all of the different features at one low rate.

The Symantec suites has provided me a versatile way to manage many clients in many different departments all from the management server. Not to mention a highly effective spam and virus email filter that runs in ESXi. The Suite literally gives you an entire suite of enterprise security features that no business should go without.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Virus Protection Okay But a Nightmare to Manage"

What do you like best?

It's adequate to handle virus protection.

What do you dislike?

The product requires too much hands-on administration and user interaction. Far too often we have to manually repair an installation on a machine. The management console is clunky and inefficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for a less bloated product

Preventing PCs and servers from virus infection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Kimiya K.
Kimiya K.

"Symantec Endpoint protection"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to install and they prov