Synergy SE

Available as a standalone solution or integrated with Synergy SIS, Synergy Special Education (SE) simplifies special education management and ensures that federal and state regulations are met.

Work for Synergy SE?

Learning about Synergy SE?

Synergy SE Reviews

Showing 22 Synergy SE reviews
Synergy SE review by <span>Lauryn G.</span>
Lauryn G.

Synergy is solid... once you get used to the format

What do you like best?

I've used Synergy as a teacher to take attendance and house grades by quarter for 3 years. It's taken me that long to learn all the nuisances of the program, which isn't the most intuitive when you first learn the program, but now that I've learned where to find all the information I need, it's turned into a solid database for student information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there are no help features for the program and how some of the features are not purely intuitive to find. Some of the student information is found in unlikely places. It would be helpful to have a resources or help tab.

The primary benefit is that Synergy houses all relevant student information for grades, attendance, student information, etc. It's like a one-stop shop for everything I need when collecting data to write generate goals and keep track of comments and progress.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Synergy SE
Synergy SE review by <span>Whitney G.</span>
Whitney G.

Using Synergy SE on a daily basis

What do you like best?

I love how in Synergy SE, everything is interconnected. This makes monitoring IEPs, creating IEPs, and managing IEPs extremely easy. When it is used in conjunction with Synergy SIS (student information system), it is a wonderful learning management system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are times when Synergy SE is down or won’t allow me to save my progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the manuals provided online and also go to training sessions! It is a complicated system to learn so it might be overwhelming at first, but after you get used to using it, it is such a great tool!

I’ve realized that Synergy is the most stable IEP platform that I’ve used. It helps with deadlines, and is the easiest application to use from the meeting notice creation, through the creation of the IEP, all the way to the validation and finalization of the IEP.

What Special Education solution do you use?

Synergy SE review by <span>Lauren T.</span>
Lauren T.

Synergy is an all-in-one program for many teacher needs.

What do you like best?

Synergy is a great tool that allows teachers to post grades, communicate with teachers and students, and post class assignments. Everything is centrally located in one program.

What do you dislike?

Synergy can be confusing to navigate without training making it not very user friendly. There is also no way to have students turn in assignments through the class website. Instead I have to have another program to have students submit work online. Many times synergy will be down for maintenance or not work while using the program.

Instead of having multiple software programs for attendance, grading, and class websites, synergy is an all-in-one platform. This is more time efficient and easier to learn because it is only on program.

Synergy SE review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

Synergy is unreliable and difficult to use.

What do you like best?

I like that I have pictures of my students and that it has several features but it's not really worth it due to the unreliability and user unfriendliness of the program.

What do you dislike?

I'm required to use Synergy for grading, seating charts, attendance, contacting parents and a myriad of other things as a teacher. It is completely unreliable and has several problems with user ease. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It times out all of the time right after I've already refreshed and signed. Usually this happens when I've put grades in for 30 or so students and I lose all of the grades that I've saved. It has so many bells and whistles that it's very difficult to navigate and there are errors and failures all of the time. I do not recommend Synergy for any district!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliability and ease of use are most important in software for teacher purposes and Synergy fails in both categories.

Our IT person at work has had it up to his ears with Synergy problems. He's the best around and is an excellent judge of software.

Synergy SE review by <span>Frank C.</span>
Frank C.

Synergy is a very strong all-in-one student information and management system.

What do you like best?

Synergy has many useful features built-in, and can be customized based on the needs of individual school districts. Synergy can be used by teaching faculty, guidance counselors, administrative staff, parents, and students, and with access to different features restricted by user group. It greatly reduces the need for paper communications between school and home, since students and parents can view their grades and attendance records in real-time electronically.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the aspects of manipulating the gradebook are intuitive, and entering certain kinds of information through the user interface can sometimes be frustrating. There are also issues of which user group has access to which features, but that is more a problem of the district managing its resources than the program's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't comment on the actual cost of implementing this software package, but the district did take competitive bids, and Synergy had the strongest list of of features that we required.

Our school district is one of the largest in the state, with nearly 8500 employees serving approximately 60,000 students at just under 70 work sites. The planned obsolescence window on our previous Student Information System was coming to a close and we needed a new management system that could replace multiple existing products at the different grade levels, integrating recording and reporting processes on a single platform. Synergy has definitely provided a better transition than our previous SIS software and has enhanced communication between school and home, while giving students greater opportunity for self-monitoring and self-managing.

Synergy SE review by <span>Melinda B.</span>
Melinda B.

Using Synergy SE to Communicate Grades

What do you like best?

I like that parents and students can see grades in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Synergy SE does not offer teachers the ability to easily see a grade summary page (for multiple nine weeks) where teachers can modify a grade in one nine weeks and students can see the affect on semester/ year grades. This feature was available on our previous grade management system. This feature is extremely helpful for struggling students because a teacher can show the student what effect their work will have on their grade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest having "experts" trained in every department of a school so that the expert can help other teachers implement effectively.

Synergy helps with grade management and with communicating with parents. The main benefit is that parents that check "Parent Vue" always know how their child is doing in their classes. And, if there is an issue with a grade, the parent or student can email the teacher from Synergy, without having to go to a different app.

Learning about Synergy SE?

* We monitor all Synergy SE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.