Synergy SE

Available as a standalone solution or integrated with Synergy SIS, Synergy Special Education (SE) simplifies special education management and ensures that federal and state regulations are met.

Work for Synergy SE?

Learning about Synergy SE?

Synergy SE Reviews

Ask Synergy SE a Question
Showing 23 Synergy SE reviews
Synergy SE review by Lauryn G.
Lauryn G.

"Synergy is solid... once you get used to the format"

What do you like best?

I've used Synergy as a teacher to take attendance and house grades by quarter for 3 years. It's taken me that long to learn all the nuisances of the program, which isn't the most intuitive when you first learn the program, but now that I've learned where to find all the information I need, it's turned into a solid database for student information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there are no help features for the program and how some of the features are not purely intuitive to find. Some of the student information is found in unlikely places. It would be helpful to have a resources or help tab.

The primary benefit is that Synergy houses all relevant student information for grades, attendance, student information, etc. It's like a one-stop shop for everything I need when collecting data to write generate goals and keep track of comments and progress.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Synergy SE
Synergy SE review by Whitney G.
Whitney G.

"Using Synergy SE on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

I love how in Synergy SE, everything is interconnected. This makes monitoring IEPs, creating IEPs, and managing IEPs extremely easy. When it is used in conjunction with Synergy SIS (student information system), it is a wonderful learning management system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are times when Synergy SE is down or won’t allow me to save my progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the manuals provided online and also go to training sessions! It is a complicated system to learn so it might be overwhelming at first, but after you get used to using it, it is such a great tool!

I’ve realized that Synergy is the most stable IEP platform that I’ve used. It helps with deadlines, and is the easiest application to use from the meeting notice creation, through the creation of the IEP, all the way to the validation and finalization of the IEP.

What Special Education solution do you use?

Synergy SE review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"Synergy is an all-in-one program for many teacher needs. "

What do you like best?

Synergy is a great tool that allows teachers to post grades, communicate with teachers and students, and post class assignments. Everything is centrally located in one program.

What do you dislike?

Synergy can be confusing to navigate without training making it not very user friendly. There is also no way to have students turn in assignments through the class website. Instead I have to have another program to have students submit work online. Many times synergy will be down for maintenance or not work while using the program.

Instead of having multiple software programs for attendance, grading, and class websites, synergy is an all-in-one platform. This is more time efficient and easier to learn because it is only on program.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy is unreliable and difficult to use."

What do you like best?

I like that I have pictures of my students and that it has several features but it's not really worth it due to the unreliability and user unfriendliness of the program.

What do you dislike?

I'm required to use Synergy for grading, seating charts, attendance, contacting parents and a myriad of other things as a teacher. It is completely unreliable and has several problems with user ease. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It times out all of the time right after I've already refreshed and signed. Usually this happens when I've put grades in for 30 or so students and I lose all of the grades that I've saved. It has so many bells and whistles that it's very difficult to navigate and there are errors and failures all of the time. I do not recommend Synergy for any district!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliability and ease of use are most important in software for teacher purposes and Synergy fails in both categories.

Our IT person at work has had it up to his ears with Synergy problems. He's the best around and is an excellent judge of software.

Synergy SE review by Frank C.
Frank C.

"Synergy is a very strong all-in-one student information and management system."

What do you like best?

Synergy has many useful features built-in, and can be customized based on the needs of individual school districts. Synergy can be used by teaching faculty, guidance counselors, administrative staff, parents, and students, and with access to different features restricted by user group. It greatly reduces the need for paper communications between school and home, since students and parents can view their grades and attendance records in real-time electronically.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the aspects of manipulating the gradebook are intuitive, and entering certain kinds of information through the user interface can sometimes be frustrating. There are also issues of which user group has access to which features, but that is more a problem of the district managing its resources than the program's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't comment on the actual cost of implementing this software package, but the district did take competitive bids, and Synergy had the strongest list of of features that we required.

Our school district is one of the largest in the state, with nearly 8500 employees serving approximately 60,000 students at just under 70 work sites. The planned obsolescence window on our previous Student Information System was coming to a close and we needed a new management system that could replace multiple existing products at the different grade levels, integrating recording and reporting processes on a single platform. Synergy has definitely provided a better transition than our previous SIS software and has enhanced communication between school and home, while giving students greater opportunity for self-monitoring and self-managing.

Synergy SE review by Melinda B.
Melinda B.

"Using Synergy SE to Communicate Grades"

What do you like best?

I like that parents and students can see grades in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Synergy SE does not offer teachers the ability to easily see a grade summary page (for multiple nine weeks) where teachers can modify a grade in one nine weeks and students can see the affect on semester/ year grades. This feature was available on our previous grade management system. This feature is extremely helpful for struggling students because a teacher can show the student what effect their work will have on their grade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest having "experts" trained in every department of a school so that the expert can help other teachers implement effectively.

Synergy helps with grade management and with communicating with parents. The main benefit is that parents that check "Parent Vue" always know how their child is doing in their classes. And, if there is an issue with a grade, the parent or student can email the teacher from Synergy, without having to go to a different app.

Synergy SE review by Tyler F.
Tyler F.

"Pleasantly Surprsed with Synergy"

What do you like best?

Synergy has an excellent and easy to use interface. When you first begin using the product, you see that there are always two ways to accomplish a task. For example, you may click on an icon to run a report, or you may go through the menu option to run a report. I also like the ability to save "favorites" or "most used" actions in a shortcut bar. This is very useful to administrators that perform the same task multiple times a day including attendance, checking a schedule, or looking up student information. Additionally, there are a lot of report options available in the system.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I disliked, but I was frustrated with the inability to run a report based on homeroom. As an administrator, we would frequently need to distribute materials that were student sensitive to the homeroom courses. This was not an option in Synergy. When we brought up this problem to the district administrator for Synergy, she indicated this would be fixed and the report would be created by edupoint. Additionally, there were times when it was a bit confusing because you need to switch the focus from year to year in the system. If you accidentally did not switch back, you would not be able to modify information. This is an important feature, but seemed to be a nuisance most of the time. I assume you would get used to this with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be very beneficial if your district would allow a pilot program of the system that was concurrent with your other SIS. I would have preferred to learn the new system while still having access to the old system. I understand that sometimes it is better to "rip the bandaid off", but at times it was confusing to have a brand new system and needing to rely on it without knowing all of the features. I would also suggest that you setup a district email address that is simply used for help questions. This was very beneficial to us as we would send a message to the email and it was promptly returned.

We were using Synergy for a Student Information System for the district. We wanted a system that was all in one and incorporated an excellent gradebook along with the ability for parents to check the grades and assignments online. Synergy proved very able to do this. We have seen the benefits of the system as parents state how easy it is to use. They seem to keep up with the grades more often and it provides the students a sense of accountability by being able to check their own grades and progress.

Synergy SE review by Duccio M.
Duccio M.

"Hard learning curve for something that shouldn't be this hard"

What do you like best?

They have mobile apps for most platforms, which is nice, especially when on the go.

What do you dislike?

Terrible, terrible UX. Hard to navigate, hard to use and buggy. Easy to make mistakes because of the AWFUL UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are way better systems out there. Do some research first, because this software is gonna be painful for your staff to use.

Organize the student's database would be a business problem we solved, but it made it harder somehow.

User in Education Management

"Easy to access and navigate. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to access my student’s information with one click. I can quickly grab phone numbers, address, allergy info etc.

What do you dislike?

I would love to run more specialized class reports such as parent contact or parent name. Right now I can only run a full directory not selected information. Additionally would love to run reports on class assessments.

Easy access to my class information without having to go through the student paper file.

Synergy SE review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Synergy SE for Work"

What do you like best?

Synergy SE is useful for tracking progress with my students. It is easy to use and add scores and save/print, etc. It also is useful for making IEP reports easier with drop down menus and click menus.

What do you dislike?

The new upgrade has been a learning curve, since I was used to finding and using items such as making text boxes larger. It also is not user friendly for report generating. I find I have to click around a lot in order to figure out where items are and how you open/close some items or menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have support from SynergySE.

We use this software daily in order to track student progress and create reports. It is beneficial to use report writing software with a template so it will generate reports and progress so much more quickly than just using a word document.

Synergy SE review by User

"A great educational tool"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most about Synergy® Special Education (SE) is that it makes really simple the difficult process of educational management, guiding team members step by step from initial referral through program exit in a collaborative environment that promotes student success.

What do you dislike?

There are still missing things, like that, for example, the program is not offering the teachers the simplicity of looking for a grade summary page or modify a grade in one nine weeks and students can see the affect on semester/ year grades. This feature is often found in others management systems, and it's rare not finding it here. This feature is extremely helpful for struggling students because a teacher can show the student what effect their work will have on their grade.

We used it in a educational environment along with the ability for parents to check the grades and assignments online.

"TeacherVue"

What do you like best?

I love how easily integrated my grade book is to student/teacher communication and teacher/parent communication.

What do you dislike?

The apps are not all reliable. For example, I can access certain things on my iPad, certain other things on my computer, and next to nothing on my phone. I'm a mobile teacher and need full access on portable devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your community is computer savvy before giving up paper options.

Opening communication without scheduling conferences during already crazy days.

User in Education Management

"4th year teacher uses for attendance and grading"

What do you like best?

Entering grades is relatively straightforward and easy.

What do you dislike?

Grades do not automatically save and sometimes get deleted. Attendance is slow to load.

It makes it easy to track student data, such as attendance and grades. We do not use it to track behavior or communication though it does have the capacity.

Synergy SE review by Jaclyn P.
Jaclyn P.

"A Must Have for Educators"

What do you like best?

This helps to manage special education programs and ensure that students can be successful and all federal guidelines are being met.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have really enjoyed using this software and I have personally found it to be very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely useful for working with special education students

This is a high quality special education management software to help to ensure that student success is monitored properly and accurately

Synergy SE review by User

"Synergy for Teachers"

What do you like best?

This program is basic in both language and functions. WHat you need is most likely going to be found there. There are a very large amount of choices for each task.

What do you dislike?

The actual names of features differ or are confusing from what is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, but it will take time and patience to be familiar with the tools and buttons.

I take roll/attendance, keep records, and look up student data.

Synergy SE review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Improving every year"

What do you like best?

I like taking attendance using student pictures. It is also nice having student pictures at the beginning of the year as I get to know my students.

What do you dislike?

grade book setup is difficult, especially with proficiency grading.

grading is being resolved and I am learning to use the system better. it is beneficial to have everything is one place. attendance, grades, communication, etc.

Synergy SE review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Grading, lunch, attendance, behavior system"

What do you like best?

I loved that you could easily put assignments and grades in. It was fast and easy once you learn the layout. Attendance was quick and I loved that the pictures were in the system for each child. It was also easy to find students and their written reports on them.

What do you dislike?

The face you have to switch to a different part of the website to get to the parent contact and behavior issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use once you are used to it. Takes a couple of weeks to get used to as with any program.

I could easily switch to different quarters to see past grades.

"Synergy review"

What do you like best?

I like. Ring able to access my child’s educational information. As an employee, I feel the software is generally easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the layout of printed individual education plans and progress reports.

Consistency with data and records for individual education plans is helpful.

Synergy SE review by User in Higher Education

"Synergy is helpful"

What do you like best?

The useful nature of Synergy lies in the ability to have all of my record keeping in one place.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit awkward to navigate, especially when moving between student and teacher functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is helpful for a lot of reasons, however it is very important to have someone on staff that can be the 'go to' person in the company to trouble shoot and solve pop up problems.

Attendance, grading, parent contact and student discipline are all contained in one place.

"Synery Review-Not User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

The ability to do standards based grading.

What do you dislike?

It is incredibly complex. I feel like if Apple or Google designed this project it would be much more user-friendly. As it stands, Synergy complicates my life as a teacher, requiring me to click on several items to complete one task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is there any other product that will allow you to do standards based grading? Pick that one.

I am entering grades for students, contacting parents, tracking attendance.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Teacher Gradebook System "

What do you like best?

I like the quick grade feature and how grades go live instantly

What do you dislike?

I dislike how frequently it logs you out and that you can't see all classes on one screen for a comprehensive gradebook at the secondary level

It has helped streamline class grading.

User in Education Management

"I use this product daily as I am dealing with discipline."

What do you like best?

There is a lot of information you can capture within the program.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not very user friendly and can't be manipulated to get what you need.

Data entry and retrieval

Synergy SE review by Internal Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education
Internal Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy SE"

What do you like best?

User friendly. Provides compliance warnings for users. Allows for district level modifications.

What do you dislike?

Process for running reports could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get the hang of it, running reports in Synergy is quite easy.

District-wide compliance. We have experienced significant growth in this area.

Learning about Synergy SE?

* We monitor all Synergy SE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.