Synergy Student Information System

Synergy Student Information System (SIS) provides all the data and process management functionality you expect from a world-class SIS, while extending beyond traditional SIS boundaries to deliver greater value.

Work for Synergy Student Information System?
Gradelink 2x

Learning about Synergy?

Synergy Student Information System Reviews

Showing 12 Synergy reviews
Synergy review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

Comprehensive but Complicated

What do you like best?

It holds a ton of information and is easily searchable. It is arranged well with tabs and icons that make sense.

What do you dislike?

If you want a custom report you first have to learn query. It is such a big database that you can't find what you want to make queries, even with the redesign. It is not user friendly in that regard. If you can't make the query yourself, be prepared to wait at least a year for IT to not be able to figure it out and then have to contact your ESD who might make the report or crush your dreams. Edupoint customer support won't support the lowly people who actually have to use Synergy. There are reports that don't work properly that they won't fix. Be prepared to waste lots of time trying to find loopholes to get what you need and reading through manuals that don't really help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I don't know that there is much of a choice. It is what all the school use in Oregon (at least public schools). It is not the best but I'm not sure if there is anything better out there. I've had to get really good at Microsoft Access to make up for the custom report shortcomings of Synergy. Be prepared to do the same. I miss working with Access based database programs (like CampTrak) or the Mac equivalent FileMaker. Maybe other districts are using it better than us or have given there staff more training. Definitely provide training. I was left to figure things out on my own (which normally I'm pretty decent at).

It is a secure database to keep student information. It helps us to better serve students when we can record and look up relevant data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Synergy Student Information System
Synergy review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

Clean design, user friendly, and quality features.

What do you like best?

The iPhone app is an excellent feature. If I need to contact a parent, all phone numbers are found within the app. If I choose to call from the app, it automatically adds *67 to block my caller ID. Little things like that are what make the program so useful.

The incident reporting feature is also very handy. If I have an issue with a student, it asks thorough questions about what happened, where it happened, which students were involved (pulled from SIS$, and which rules were broken. All of the information is loaded in the system which makes this a breeze. It’s sent to the principal and recorded automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish the App allowed for inputting grades into my grade book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for grade input on the iPhone app.

This program allows me to contact parents conveniently. I no longer have to sift through registration forms to find a contact.

It also helps me keep up with attendance issue. The reporting feature is very useful, allowing me to run a report on any student, giving full detail of absences and tardies.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Synergy review by <span>Bree G.</span>
Bree G.

Grading system very helpful for students and teachers

What do you like best?

I like how easy the system is to understand and how the info goes live immedately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that as a travelling teacher, I have to separately upload the same resource to each class separately for each school if it is not attached to an assignment.

I'm solving my needs to have a more streamlined grading system that provides instant feedback.

Synergy review by <span>Alan B.</span>
Alan B.

Great for communication

What do you like best?

Synergy is a great system for taking roll and establishing communication with parents. It create an easy way to complete grades and it allows parents to see student behavior.

What do you dislike?

The system can be very complicating at times and it does tend to glitch once in awhile.

With the system I am now able to look up student information that can be valuable for communication and even for information the student.

Synergy review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

A lot better than the current platform I'm using (ASPEN)

What do you like best?

Synergy is a lot more User friendly compared to other platforms I've used in the past

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more info to access. For example, SPED info could be present

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's user friendly and the best platform I've used thus far. The other platforms are nothing to write home about. The current platform I'm using (ASPEN) is miles behind because it is nowhere near as user friendly

Taking grades for student progress. Again, it is very user friendly. All of the essentials, like gradebook and contact information is easily accessable.

Synergy review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

Synergy is comprehensive but difficult to navigate.

What do you like best?

I like best that all information can be stored on this system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusing set up and difficulty in retrieval.

We use it to store extensive data on students.

Learning about Synergy Student Information System?

* We monitor all Synergy Student Information System reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.