Synup

3.9

Synup is a local marketing software that help small business to control digital assets, keep business information in sync, monitor customer feedback, improve online presence and get real-time insights and analytics to run a better business.

Work for Synup?

Learning about Synup?

Synup Reviews

Ask Synup a Question
Showing 28 Synup reviews
Synup review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"The easiest tool to use for managing your SEO Agency"

What do you like best?

The customer service is outstanding, and they say their relationship with their clients is more important than the money. I can testify to that. They have gone above and beyond to assist and ensure that we have what we need in order to effectively use their platform. I love how simple it is to set up a business on Synup and how simple it is to manage the reviews and updates. The lead generation tool is a great way to grow your business and it is a very effective 'sales' demonstration for a prospects lack of listing citations.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I could say I dislike about the program. They have supplied an API with documentation that is very helpful and given us everything we need including reporting & white label. What's more to ask for?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very easy tool to use, with great customer support.

We are assisting our clients by managing their listing citations and their customer reviews. Giving our clients a comprehensive report about how their business ranks on certain keywords and keeping their local SEO in check is a great asset to our operations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Synup
Synup review by Dante S.
Dante S.

"A great addition to our SEO product suite"

What do you like best?

Synup has been a really good toll for us to add to our SEO product set, specifically the ability to be more transparent and give clients a view of what we are doing to improve their ranking. . The ability to tie in comments and reviews from both your Google My Business and Facebook pages is immensely helpful for clients who prefer a single dashboard to view their digital business from.

What do you dislike?

The only weakness I've noticed is that the Google ranking results don't seem to show what we're seeing locally or even when we are spoofing our location from elsewhere. For example, our listing on Google can be showing at #3 when we search from multiple locations, accounts and in incognito mode, but will show as no ranking at all in the Synup charts. I understand that there are potentially thousands of factors involved in working with Google, so it's not a complaint, but if this part of the tool can't be relied upon for ranking information, then it may be better not to have it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be sure that the domain authority of the places you are planning to list your business with is ok. You can specify which ones to list with and which ones to not. Perhaps just run a Moz Backlinks check on each before you select them.

Needing a tool for clients to monitor their reputation was important, as well as having a place to tie in all their listings with one set of information.

What Local SEO solution do you use?

Synup review by Dennis F.
Dennis F.

"Prompt, Permanent Citation Management"

What do you like best?

Quick update to its featured links is one of Synup's top features. The permanent, persistent nature of Synup's NAP changes is the outstanding feature that drew me to try it.

What do you dislike?

1.) Having such a limited number of citations available (approximately 76) is a hindrance for my agency. My clients typically are in urban, competitive markets (i.e. Dallas-Ft Worth; Houston; Memphis) that require 150 citations at a minimum, and up to 400 to achieve proper results. The limited number of 'Featured' or 'Premium' citations managed by Synup mandates that I maintain a BrightLocal subscription

2.) Synup's lack of tools to examine competitors' citation profiles is a notable limitation. In practice it means I will have to continue subscribing to BrightLocal for their analysis and reporting tools.

Synup's method of making permanent changes to client NAPs removes a serious worry about degradation of citation profiles over time - an existential threat to any agency.

Synup review by Allie M.
Allie M.

"Easy to use and gets results"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to use interface. I can make changes and review results with ease. I also like getting email alerts for new reviews. The review generation is pretty handy as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like a small standing discount for agencies that have say less than 25 or 50 locations. Like $27/mo for new locations instead of $30/mo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to add new locations so if you are hesitant try it with only a couple of your locations. Make sure to take advantage of all features and set up a tracking link and call tracking number to get the best possible traffic and lead data.

It is great for boosting local search traffic and qualified leads to clients.

Synup review by Brad H.
Brad H.

"Huge mistake please please keep looking"

What do you like best?

Honestly nothing all of there tools were very innefective to use, they did nothing more than change on my home screen.

What do you dislike?

Lets start with the platform its a boring Dashboard that does nothing more than the initial set-up, i paid for this service for a year in advance and not only did they bill our account in the middle of our contract for no reason they took 4 months to resolve the financial issue that they caused, alongside of that i had tremendous issues with customer service up until month 3 when I had to make several threats to get our money back. needless to say in the midst of this I let them know that I would not be staying with them as my contract ended, and guess what they did? Yep, charged me again the week before they returned my money to me that was taken 4 months prior. I can assure you this company does not have their head on a swivel, I am only writing this to help save someone else a headache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search elsewhere, do not try to save a dollar by choosing them, it will cost you 10

reputation managemnet, and local SEO where my main reasons for utilizing synup

"Straightforward Product"

What do you like best?

Customer service is great. They are very responsive when I have questions. I like that the system just focuses on the most important stuff as it is less overwhelming for my clients than other systems.

What do you dislike?

The promotional posts must be done through agency and are not on the client's dashboard. There are little bugs too, can't connect to yelp without emailing help, main category lists and secondary category lists are different, can't check the franchise button and have it stay checked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to be a great service so far I am really happy with it. Customer support has been great. You can tell it is a new company though and they still have some tweaks to make, but they are all pretty minor.

This all in one listing and reputation is much more cost effective than others we have seen. The fact you can't do as much with it is both a benefit and not. It is extremely easy for the users to use, but I still seem to need access to their GMB accounts to go in there and do some things too. Pairing with our on page seo services makes it a more cost effective way to offer a more complete seo package. Also, we can sell to people who aren't existing clients, which we have never done before.

Synup review by Cole T.
Cole T.

"Low quality product and terrible customer service and liars"

What do you like best?

Nothing really. It will put you on some directories. Got a pitch and decided to try it out just to assess. Everyone else I've found in the market is better though. Leaving this review because of their cancellation practices.

What do you dislike?

First, most of the directories they submit you to are worthless. They don't submit you to any of the 4 major data platforms. They lied on the pitch that they have a list of hundreds of other directories that they monitor and track while you manually submit information. Thought this could be useful for businesses with a lower budget that can take some time here and there to manually build citations. After purchasing you see that this is not true and you have to purchase the listings. Would rather just use BrightLocal or WhiteSpark. Most of the stuff listed on those additional listing were useless directories anyways.

The biggest issue is their cancellation process. I was pitched that this was month to month and to cancel anytime. This is a lie. There is nowhere to cancel in the account. You have to send a request for it to be cancelled. I've seen this before so that alone is not too bad. I waited and got a response that they are not cancelling but want to talk to me about why I want to cancel. I HATE THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS PRACTICE. It is pathetic and desperate. I told them if they cancel I'll discuss but I want my account closed and confirmation my credit card will not be charged again. I got no response. I called in and the person I talked to said he was powerless to do anything. He told me this was the company policy for cancellations:

1.) You request the cancellation

2.) A person from the account team talks to you about why you want to cancel

3.) The person from the account team REQUESTS that the finance team no charge you anymore

I was pitched on a cancel anytime service. Its pathetic that they make me go through multiple steps to cancel and then essentially beg that their financial team doesn't charge. Will be telling everyone about this. DO NOT USE.

Also, marked yes as current user just because they still haven't cancelled my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to save money use Moz Local. This is not the right choice,

Was looking to test it out as a listing and reputation management tool for low budget companies. I have realized no real benefit that separates them from competitors. If you want to go low budget just use Moz Local.

Synup review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Good citation building if you just need basic SEO"

What do you like best?

Synup using an API so their directory work is automatic and instantaneous. Unlike other platforms (such as Moz, Whitespark, BrightLocal, etc) that have to blanket the information across sites, Synup has worked individually with about 50 directories that will automatically push the information live within seconds once submitted.

What do you dislike?

Coming from an agency perspective that does citation building / SEO work manually, Synup does not cover the "1st tiers" of websites that I would consider to be the most important. They do some of the big sites like Google and Facebook, but a lot of other data aggregators such as Acxiom and ExpressUpdate are not within their API so you'd have to pay extra for them to do it manually. You also still have to work with them on any websites that require verifications so you still are doing a lot of work. You don't hand info over to them and they take care of it all.

For businesses with multiple locations or any organization that needs general citation cleanup, this is a good solution. If you don't have the time, this is a perfect system to utilize. It averages around $20-30 per month per location which is a great and fair price for what you're getting.

Synup review by Melina H.
Melina H.

"Simple to use in all aspects"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Synup for a number of our clients and it has been very easy to use. The process of adding new locations is straightforward and when any difficulty occurs, support has been very helpful. The dashboard has a clean look and everything is very accessible.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we really dislike. The only thing may be the time that it takes to link to google business, yelp, etc... but it has not really been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program.

It's a great program to be able to look at all of our clients at a glance and track reputation management.

Synup review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Great product! Essential for my business!"

What do you like best?

Very helpful staff. Easy to work with product. They keep adding things to the service that makes the product even better.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to really dislike, they solve issues quickly. They have continued to add to their product so it's hard not to like the product when it keeps getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out.

Review Generation platform is great. I have increased my SEO ranking and love having all of my reviews put into one place so that I can respond quickly to them.

Synup review by janaura b.
janaura b.

"Easy set up. Fair price."

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and reports we can share with clients. Price is better than alternatives.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. Some platforms need to be linked and authorized separately but thats not Synup's fault or in their control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Authentic data is updated. not an overlay that goes away if you ever cancel. Not that we would; but I feel better knowing Synup is continually earning our business rather than hijacking client info like some others in the industry.

Quickly and easily updating NAPI for clients

Synup review by Kyle N.
Kyle N.

"Must Have Agency Software"

What do you like best?

Every new client we sign, is entered into Synup. We primarily use Synup along with posting software to manage our agency.

What do you dislike?

I would like Synup develop a more visually appealing insights report from Google My Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. This is an affordable platform to manage 1 or 100 locations. I have no idea how other reviewers rate this below a 4 out of 5 stars.

Managing reviews, gathering reviews, citation building, and reporting. Benefits of customer retention, dashboard management and time savings.

Synup review by David B.
David B.

"Synup Software Subscription"

What do you like best?

The customer support is outstanding. I have a direct representative to work with on any questions or concerns I have.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more citations. Although I realize this doesn't have a large factor in search rankings, quality over quantity, it would be a much easier sell to clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with me directly at Easy Street Social

I am helping local business owners increase their online visibility and get more local customers. Many of my local SEO clients purchase other services from me..

Synup review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Very good service for anyone wanting to keep track of online directories for a business"

What do you like best?

The service provides a portal where we can look at all of our directory listings in one place, look at all reviews and respond from one central portal.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a little confusing and sometimes hard to find what you are looking for. Plus some online tutorial videos would be helpful

Being able to offer clients a white label solution for signing in and viewing results

Synup review by Matthias M.
Matthias M.

"Best move we could have made when choosing a Local Citations Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand UI and AWESOME white labeling service! We have implemented with 12 of our clients for local citations and the results have been great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, were happy (almost 1 year of use). Support could be a little faster at responding on live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have tried 4 before landing on Synup and we have been very pleased with our clients results!

Our customers are getting seen locally! Our company (Lingows) is a great example of covering many pages and layers of information about our company.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is always responsive, tools are readily available to assist sellers. They communicate changes well. The fact they have 4 tools in 1 specifcally ranking, listings, review, and interactions--in one specific tool to offer others is a great feature. One of the easiest parts of using this tool is that it offers everything an SEO provider needs.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more directories especially apple maps come online.

Listings with automated reporting notifications and service offerings. The benefits is having a readily available system to implement tools to assist our clients and offer them great features.

Synup review by Eric A.
Eric A.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The product offers some great features that are easy to use and only takes minutes.

What do you dislike?

They have some great listing sites, but I would like to see more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This a great way to update your information across many listing sites at once. It is easy to request reviews from your clients. Takes just a couple of minutes to set up and you can invite them to the site you need reviews the most.

We are better able to track and respond more timely to reviews.

Agency

"Great company for our agency to partner with. "

What do you like best?

Many of our agency's clients are multi user locations. The platform helps us manage, update, and monitor several different locations all from one well organized dashboard. Their customer support is great and really good at listening to update requests and implementing those requests in a short amount of time.

What do you dislike?

No complaints at this time. Great company to partner with.

Managing multiple clients with multiple locations quickly and easily. Able to change individual profile details across many different platforms easily and accurately. We have saved our selves hours of work by moving away from managing profiles manually and instead handle everything through a well designed dashboard interface.

Synup review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Great Company, Great Staff"

What do you like best?

I have really enjoyed working with the team at Synup. They have been very friendly, outgoing, and prompt to address things.

What do you dislike?

They don't cover as many directories as some of the other services, but are more competitive and have more services that make sense for businesses than some of the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product

Listings, Reputation, Whitelabeling, great support

Synup review by Marshall E.
Marshall E.

"Great for Resellers"

What do you like best?

This service gives all the power of a platform like Yext at a fraction of the cost. The directory listing normalization is great. The review generation feature is powerful.

What do you dislike?

They are slow to roll out new features and support is a little slow.

I resell this service to my clients.

Synup review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Nothing, but a pain."

What do you like best?

I liked the price, but then their support was terrible.

What do you dislike?

So far everything has been a nightmare with Synup. You can never get ahold of the right people. Any service change requires at least 36 hours of waiting while the appropriate people are contacted. They do not return your calls. I requested to cancel my contract and they told me I would receive a refund within 10-15 days. Instead, I was billed. I contacted them again and they had no record of my cancellation.

So far this software has only created problems for my business.

Synup review by Graeme G.
Graeme G.

"Synup delivers like enterprise-level software, but is affordable like small-business software"

What do you like best?

I have over 100 client locations in my dashboard, and I can easily update their citation info and access their reviews.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to note. I would like additional social offerings (like comment monitoring) but that isn't what was promised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact the admin, they will help you onboard.

Managing data consistency across franchise locations.

Synup review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great search engines!"

What do you like best?

All of our company information is always up to date, which is very important!

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more local listings, but they have most of the well known sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a try, you'll be glad you did!

Before we used to update every single site one by one and still we never did it right. Now only a few clicks and we are done!

Synup review by Administrator

"Good service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy prompt service and technical support

What do you dislike?

Hope there is more extended service to make SEO organic ranking raise with affordable option

Linked with other website and we are more visible this time

Synup review by Muhammad Z.
Muhammad Z.

"Need to work on customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to respond all reviews from different channels

What do you dislike?

Customer service. It's been few weeks I am still waiting to get connect my yelp account and no one has responded my question yet

Reputation management

Agency

"Synup is a very handy tool, and our point of contact(Nicole) is always super helpful. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to understand the software, and any issues we have get corrected right away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are little syncing issues. Nothing major.

It is one simple platform to manage citations for all of our clients.

Synup review by User

"Marketing platform "

What do you like best?

Easy to track marketing progress and results.

What do you dislike?

Implementing across our business was tricky. Not every member was able to create a user profile.

Monitoring interactions across a multinational business platform to expand our communication and products

Synup review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Decent"

What do you like best?

It's a good starting software if that's your thing

What do you dislike?

Its interface isn't as simple to use as some others

Haven't been using long enough to know

Learning about Synup?

* We monitor all Synup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.