Sysomos Expion

Sysomos Expion is a social media management system that delivers content discovery, planning, publishing, moderation, and analytics in a single, easy-to-navigate screen

Work for Sysomos Expion?
Soci socialmediamang  2x

Learning about Sysomos Expion?

Sysomos Expion Reviews

Ask Sysomos Expion a Question
Showing 12 Sysomos Expion reviews
Sysomos Expion review by <span>Joshua P. K.</span>
Joshua P. K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Sysomos Expion has a lot of great functions and features. The best so far have been the customizability of the tool, which gives me a lot of control over how my team and I use it to monitor our 18 (yes, 18) social media profiles. From various moderation layouts and filters to great reporting options, Sysomos Expion has been able to accommodate most of my requests.

Which leads me to #2: Sysomos Expion's staff. Our account rep has always been prompt and responsive. When he doesn't have an answer or solution right away, he's always on top of it, checking with others in the company to get me the information or adjustment(s) I need. Other vendors would do well to mirror this level of responsiveness.

Finally, the Workspaces and Stacks that my team and I use to moderate are excellent. The available filters make work a breeze for us. My entire team is visual, so Stacks make things "click" better with us. I also appreciate the ability to have pre-set workspaces and stacks so when new-hires come on board you don't have to spend time getting them to match the rest of the team. It also means you don't need to craft documents or logs that explain which filters to set for which workspaces.

What do you dislike?

A social media monitoring tool is only as good as the API it's required to use, so many of the complaints I have aren't a reflection of Sysomos Expion.

Reporting has always been the weakest component for me. I work in the customer care side of our company's social media presence, so marketing stats and analyses are irrelevant for my role. I'm more interested in productivity and quality metrics. Expion has certainly stepped up to the plate in creating customized solutions for me, but as my needs have changed, Sysomos Expion hasn't always kept up.

To be fair, even though the reporting lacks some elegance and functionality, it does have plenty of great workarounds that still allow me to get the data I need, albeit in a bit more roundabout manner. I'm okay spending a little extra time if it means getting more relevant stats.

The good news is that Sysomos Expion is still working with me to get to a place where all of the reporting tools at my disposal meet my needs without needing to utilize those workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Sysomos Expion. Even if it doesn't meet your needs right out of the box, it's customizability means that it's likely that it can meet them all with a little tweaking - or at least come very close.

For an electronics company that spans across a myriad markets and customer bases, it's vital to be on top of our users' social media posts and requests. My team manages the customer care (customer service/tech support) aspect of social media, so Sysomos Expion makes it easy to meet the customers where they're at. Since the inception of my team and adopting Sysomos Expion, we've seen a huge increase in online customer satisfaction. Gone are the days of "You don't care!" This has given us the tools we need to transform that into "Thank you for caring!"

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sysomos Expion
Sysomos Expion review by <span>Jeffrey B.</span>
Jeffrey B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the visual representation of the "stacks" features and that they can be customized. It truly is an ideal layout which allows me to see what I need to see. Our local users love the stacks layout as well; where as it gives them everything that they need pretty much at a glance. Being able to review local posts of multiple locations in a "real time" format helps me to be efficient with my time.

What do you dislike?

My dislike are either very minor or out of control of Sysomos Expion. The first thing that I think could be improved is based on the technical glitches that happen due to a social channel's update or change. I would think that there would be a way to be proactive in this effort instead of being reactive; however both the technical and client representative teams are EXTREMELY responsive when these technical issues happen. The second thing I would like to improve would be the ability to export local users name & passwords. Since I have over 200 active local users, many of them lose their password, in which I have to resend it. Since I can't download a spreadsheet with all of my local users passwords, I have to keep a separate sheet which just doubles up my efforts. An internal system where I could pull a local user's password would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend taking Sysomos Expion for a test drive. There aren't many social business management platforms that have the features that Sysomos Expion can offer and I know that anyone with a great number of local users would love the features that Sysomos Expion has that have defintely helped me to grow our social media presence!

The business problem that we are solving is the high engagement of our local users with fans of our local pages. Our local users are creating highly localized content at a much higher rate, have become adept at using the mobile app to help with this initiative. Because our stores are embracing localized posts, we have had very successful organic engagement metrics, and look to improve across our system.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Sysomos Expion review by <span>Branavan G.</span>
Branavan G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The team is extremely knowledgeable and responsive. The product is strong in that it offers content creation and end to end reporting. After the merger, this is one of the few places where you have a state of the art listening engine tightly integrated with social media case management.

We use Expion for social reporting on reach, engagement and amplification across 250 properties and 7 major business units for a fortune 100 tech firm. The reporting has been extremely reliable and their data pulling as well as aggregation algorithms are tried and tested.

Expion is customizable. The dashboard design allows you to pick from a set of pre-designed widgets or request your own. You can set your own formulas for definitions of KPIs or you can pick from industry standard formulas that they have set up. This allows you to quickly get started and get an understanding of how you are doing with your social media strategy and then evolve it or make it more sophisticated over time.

The recent enhancements that allow you to see paid media results is a huge plus. This means we are not beholden to the agencies to provide us with metrics. It also allows us to see how the paid media does alongside organic social efforts.

What do you dislike?

One of the major issues I had with Expion early on was that it was developed for the experts and not for the masses. However, the rollout of stacks has changed that. It's now much more intuitive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We fortuitously had relationships with Expion and Sysomos prior to the acquisition.

But now that they have merged, there is a lot that can be done end to end from market insights to execution.

Ask about influencer relations, super fan discovery, and event management.

There are a lot of strong capabilities offered in these areas

We needed to get an end to end picture of how our social media strategy was performing at an enterprise level. EAch business unit had a picture but we had no way of telling how we were doing overall

We also did not have a way to share best practices on content creation

The last issue we had was that we had no good way to do competitor awareness or competitor analysis . While there were specialized teams that worked on this, we needed the entire marketing organization to be able to quickly see what the competition was doing and keep track of it.

Sysomos Expion review by <span>Carlos L.</span>
Carlos L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Th way we can find posts and their stats using the TAGS and the easy way to post thumbnail posts on Facebook and that we can also post the same message in different social networks. I also love the way I can switch from one account to another.

What do you dislike?

It will be easier if we can upload Twitter images only doing a copy/paste of the URL of the picture and not to upload it from our computer. In our brands we tweet more than 15 times a day and most of the posts are with image. We have to download the picture from our own website and then upload it to Expion instead of just putting the URL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easiest than other social tools like Adobe Social. Nothing compared with Hootsuite or Sprout Social, it is much better and effective. Good to find posts if you have fanpages with many posts and it is the better tool if you manage a lot of pages. (Facebook, Twitter and G+) You can also see Instagram stats.

Like I said, I love using Tags. I manage all Viacom LATAM accounts and as we have many properties going on in the same fanpage, it's easier to us to find this posts.

Sysomos Expion review by <span>Laurie D.</span>
Laurie D.

Social Media, actually managed

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I can easily oversee the other users posts, move things around to better positions/fill in holes. We've planned out some content for up to a year in advance, when it is general content.

What do you dislike?

Having the analytics are not easily self-taught, was a bit frustrating at first, but they are very robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you will have multiple people producing content for multiple social media channels and multiple accounts within a channel. I particularly like the ability to switch from content, to calendar review user usage and potential gaps in content distribution.

We can easily distribute social media content across multiple regions, with multiple users contributing content, but all managed from one tool with easily viewable calendar.

Sysomos Expion review by Executive Sponsor in Automotive
Executive Sponsor in Automotive
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the freedom it gives me to post to FB/Twitter/G+ individual store locations, or to multiple locations from a single post. The posting feature can also be quickly replicated for re-posting content over time, which is a big benefit when you have so many businesses to manage.

What do you dislike?

It has a hard time collecting reviews from Google My Business pages, as they are not as cleanly integrated as Facebook and their reviews. A cleaner integration with Google My Business would really help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the speed at which daily tasks are managed thru Expion versus other platforms. If you have 100+ locations, I doubt anything is faster and easier.

I am solving the problem of managing the reputation and content publishing needs of multiple stores/rooftops with a single portal instead of a multitude of accounts for stores and platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. The biggest benefit is the scalability as more locations can be easily managed without added frustration or wastage of time.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Sysomos Expion?

* We monitor all Sysomos Expion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.