Tabs3

3.6

Tabs3 Billing makes it easy to get your bills out quickly, and manage the business side of your firm.

Work for Tabs3?

Learning about Tabs3 Billing?

Tabs3 Reviews

Ask Tabs3 Billing a Question
Showing 18 Tabs3 Billing reviews
Tabs3 Billing review by Madonna P.
Madonna P.

"12 Years and Still Satisfied"

What do you like best?

What isn't easy to figure out is just a phone call away. I like the technical support people I have had to contact. I like that when I call, I leave the conversation with a satisfactory result. I like that all the modules integrate so information doesn't need to be repeated. I like being able easily change formats of statements.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to create my own reusable reports. Don't know how to configure the quires. I don't like the pricing of the practice master piece for a company our size..

Recommendations to others considering the product

We do not use this software for timekeeping purposes so I cannot address that, but we do use it for billing. It is great for having all the AP/AR, Trust, & GL all in one piece.

We are currently using two separate pieces of software for our billing, TABS3 for the AP and Billing Invoices and DTE for the time keeping. These two integrate and are compatible and continue to be cost effective.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tabs3
Tabs3 Billing review by SEBASTIAN C.
SEBASTIAN C.

"Review Tabs3 version 17.1"

What do you like best?

The A/P module is very easy to use in our line of business (Law firm). The A/P reports can easily be ran, analyzed. The Trust Account Module is pretty straight forward and accurate. Easy to run reports. G/L and Tabs are very easy to use as well. If you are on cash basis, the write off/generate statements features are very easy to use. The integration on the G/L is pretty straight forward. As long as you have the right accounts Debits and Credits the system works good. P/L, B/S , T/B reports look good, they are very friendly user.

What do you dislike?

The A/P module should be more accurate when you the same invoice twice. If the date is different, then the entire invoice will be paid again. is. (invoice #1 dated jan 5th, and then invoice #1 dated February 5th - the system will not recognize it as duplicate invoice, instead it will process it and pay it - everything needs to be exactly the same in order for the system to recongize it as a duplicate)

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a good starting system depending on the volume you have. Good system for law firms that specialize in foreclosure.

This software runs our day to day activities. We cannot run with out it.

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

Tabs3 Billing review by User

"Review on Tabs3"

What do you like best?

Tabs3 is simple and easy to use. The company I work for uses it to keep track of our hours and to bill our clients. It does not take long to enter in the information needed and we each have our own login so it’s very simple to keep track on each of our hours.

What do you dislike?

Tabs3 isn’t the most up to date service. The design looks outdated and can use some remodeling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To update the system

It does not load properly, but that may be because of our server.

User in Law Practice

"Tabs3 billing software from associate attorney standpoint"

What do you like best?

Easy to input time, have different codes for timekeepers and attorneys, as well as areas of practice. Works well with clients by number, good search features.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use from a non-admin standpoint. Difficult to print out billing history for particular timekeeper without admin assistance, once billed entries removed from billing, unable to go back. If entered in error, cannot just change client number, must do complete new entry.

Easy way to keep track of increment billing and time spent to maximize recovery.

Tabs3 Billing review by Elaine B.
Elaine B.

"TABS3 - great for small firms"

What do you like best?

TABS3 is stable. In 3 years, I have had to restore from backup only once.

What do you dislike?

TABS lacks the functionality of its larger cousins. One thing I would like to have is a text search & replace when you preview a transaction file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have the Platinum version, so I can speak to the standard version only. If you are a large firm, insist on the Platinum version. The standard version works well for small firms and it is economical. Their support is excellent.

We migrated from the DOS version of Juris, so the reporting features and our ability to budget is appreciated.

Tabs3 Billing review by Alexandrea D.
Alexandrea D.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The simple user interface and common-sense

What do you dislike?

The inability to set up basic flat-flee structures

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up an easier billing arrangement for flat fee clients.

Billing and client management

Tabs3 Billing review by Pamela B.
Pamela B.

"Great program"

What do you like best?

The ability to print reports and speed of program.

What do you dislike?

Limited access to some areas and limited training.

Billing.

Tabs3 Billing review by Yuri G.
Yuri G.

"Tabs"

What do you like best?

How it generates reports, i can go to the client's name and have a cost expense printed for them within seconds.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about it, it tracks a lot for us and saves us a lot of time.

I handle the case expense for our clients, I like being able to print out the expense's and it separates the advance and normal expenses for me. It saves me a lot of time.

Tabs3 Billing review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Does what's needed"

What do you like best?

I keep Tabs open and input my time throughout the day. That really helps to keep my day moving rather than turning in a timesheet at the end of the day, as I did at my prior job.

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat difficult to delete entries and also difficult to go back and review time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have nothing else to compare Tabs to but it seems good from my perspective.

I am able to keep much better track of my time with Tabs.

Tabs3 Billing review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"TABS3 - Billing Software Made Simple"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create billing statements and manage client accounts.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a lot of representatives in the area who can help with the installation and training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the simplest billing software to use and it integrates well with other programs.

We conduct all of our billing through TABS3. The benefits have been we are able to keep track of the status of client accounts and we can get statements out faster.

"Tabs3 billing software"

What do you like best?

The search function for finding clients is intuitive and easy.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little outdated and clunky.

Easier for support staff to keep track of billing trends and shortcomings.

Tabs3 Billing review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Pretty good billing software "

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and makes billing quick.

What do you dislike?

It could use an update it doesnt look like it has been updated in a while

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a little outdated but works fine

It is a great way to capture time and billing and easily conveys entries to clients

Tabs3 Billing review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Would be lost without this software!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Keeps our billing updated and on time.

What do you dislike?

The process of updating from version to version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set it up properly. Importing information from prior versions of software often leads to years of clean up!

Having to clean up the mess after an attorney was using spreadsheets and word documents to handle his billing. The process of trying to recreate the impossible has had me appreciating what TABS does for our firm everyday with little effort.

"Tabs"

What do you like best?

The timer function is helpful but it does not check in to make sure you are still working.

What do you dislike?

Tabs crashes often when I am updating my time.

time tracking

Tabs3 Billing review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"I have been using TABS since 1997"

What do you like best?

The ability to have in all in one system case management with financials.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would develop a client portal so that our clients can access their case information.

The case management piece allows legal staff to also access trust info with clients.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, very organized, quickly generates reports and statements needed for clients

What do you dislike?

The background of the program needs updated. Looks outdated from the 2000’s

Easy way to organize clients information. Creates reports and statements quickly and neatly

"Simple"

What do you like best?

Tabs3 is very easy to use and easy to navigate. I can rely on it for my everyday needs.

What do you dislike?

Tabs3 often freezes, but I do not know whether this may be more attributable to my old computer.

Keeping track of billing

"Counsel"

What do you like best?

Entry/codes is simple and easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

Limited sort/search and revision options for non-admin users

Time management/efficiency

Learning about Tabs3?

* We monitor all Tabs3 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.