talentReef

talentReef provide a Social Recruiting and Talent Management Systems built for the hourly workforce that streamlines how fast-paced operators find, hire, train, and manage most valuable asset - talent, it has a mobile-optimized HR platform (Social Recruiting, ATS, Onboarding, Training and Development, Performance Management, and Analytics) optimizes Operational and HR functions on a daily basis.

Work for talentReef?

Learning about talentReef?

talentReef Reviews

Ask talentReef a Question
Showing 22 talentReef reviews
talentReef review by Brooke N.
Brooke N.

"100% Paper to 100% Online Electronic with Ease"

What do you like best?

talentReef offers great accessibility for management and applicants. The workflow processes benefit HR and Management oversight of hourly employees and also source a large magnitude of quality applicants to increase our expanding business in the convenience retail store sector. Our diverse workforce can easily manage and track their employees with the easy to use and straight forward platform. The Customer Service is exceptional in that the turn around time for questions is on demand.

What do you dislike?

talentReef growing pains over the last few years encountered a few logistics errors within their departmental communication, but has shown to prove beneficial in the long run and their road map in development is exciting and we are reaping the rewards at a large magnitude.

talentReef Applicant Tracking made hiring applicants effortless and quick with zero paper chasing. The custom reporting on demand assists in further business growth and strategies at the corporate office level. Great system for hourly workforce.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about talentReef
talentReef review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Good Value for the Price"

What do you like best?

The system in general is very easy to use and you don't have to have a tech background to understand the system or how it works. Implementation was super easy and help streamline our entire hiring process and the way that we are able to track candidates. System definitely is one I would recommend to a small to medium sized company like the one that I work for because it has made hiring and tracking very seamless.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find a specific applicant if you don't spell their name exactly right. It can also give you multiple candidates if the selling is wrong, so sometimes you get people other than who you needed and sometimes none. Also, the dashboard feature can be difficult to learn because it has options that you sometimes will never need to use or see and the mobile app can also crash a lot if you are trying to do multiple things on your device at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you research different products before buying. This one works for my organization because we are small.

Helps us find better applicants for positions more quickly and helps us do it using specific key words and helped us streamline hiring process. Has made it extremely easy for us to hire and track candidates for the various positions within our company. System definitely is one I would recommend to a small to medium sized company like the one that I work for because it has made hiring and tracking very seamless.

What HR Analytics solution do you use?

talentReef review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="e36dcddf-1f94-451d-8bad-337f9c6d6a94">Gene E.</span>
Gene E.
" itemprop="name" />

"Talent Reef: Going Paperless "

What do you like best?

Taking all paper out of the hiring process. Removing all paper employee files from the restaurant locations and electronically storing them in an easy to retrieve web based system. Ease of use for restaurant managers and a system that actually speeds up the hiring process giving our team an advantage in the hiring marketplace.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at this time. I feel the TR team has evolved with us over the time we have been a client.

TR solves the following business problems for us: consolidates several vendors thru the hiring process into one system, making the hiring process more efficient, increases WOTC participation and tax credit achievement, electronic storage and retrieval of employee documents makes HR team's job much more efficient, and candidate quality has increased while using the system.

talentReef review by Jordan A.
Jordan A.

"Great HR Platform"

What do you like best?

Before we started using talentReef all of our on-boarding was done by paper and pen. We had to store employee files at our office and they were a hassle to deal with. Now everything we need is stored on talentReef. The process from applying to hiring has been streamlined and has saved our company time and money.

What do you dislike?

talentReef has been doing some maintenance on their end recently so there has been some times we haven't been able to access the sight. This has been a lot better lately and I know that the maintenance will only improve the system

talentReef has saved our managers a lot time with the on-boarding process. By the time the employee comes in for their first day of work they have already filled out all of the paperwork that we need them to fill out.

talentReef review by Blain S.
Blain S.

"It's great for being a paperless on boarding tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can hire electronically without having to use paper forms, etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't edit job postings and it does not reach out to enough job posting sites as first promised. I was told we would have more options to post out there. I use other ATS' that have 12-15 options for job postings. It makes it challenging to not use them and I do, I use talentReef for on boarding only at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are growing and will hopefully make adjustments and enhancements that are crucial for anyone using an ATS. If you want a paperless on boarding system, they are good...just need to polish up the background check process as well. Editing a job description is supposed to happen soon, but it's been in the works for awhile. It's difficult to not have access to change any of details...you HAVE to go through the support team.

I feel since the departure of Andy, I haven't had anyone establish the same relationship where we can discuss changes that we need or any opportunities to enhance the system based on some frustrations or challenges.

"TalentReef Review"

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard and user interface, It is user friendly and easy for myself and my managers to navigate. I also like that they host a career page for me and take care of that aspect of the recruiting, so I don't have to worry about it.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitation on the forms and how big the forms are. I have difficulty downloading the entire completed on boarding file, but it is possible. There are so many job postings that it is not feasible for me to make changes myself. I need to reach out to account support for that. I used to have a dedicated account rep and now I don't, which I do not like.

TalentReef is solving the recruiting, hiring and on-boarding process for me. I don't have to have any paper forms, applications or documents. It is saving a tremendous amount of time on compliance and making sure all documents are signed prior to working.

talentReef review by Renee C.
Renee C.

"Love my talentReef Team and System! "

What do you like best?

Our company has used talentReef since 2014. My favorite thing about talentReef is the customer service. Any request, no matter how fast we need it to happen or how crazy it is, they always accommodate us. We've been through several M&A's and they have helped us create new systems and rehire thousands of employees quickly and accurately.

What do you dislike?

I really wish they could create a payroll feature so everything could be all inclusive. Otherwise, there is not anything I dislike about the program. We are very satisfied customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and they will work with you to customize files to transfer information to your payroll provider, or any other provider you need employee data to go to!

The talentReef system is helping us streamline the process of hiring and onboarding. Since it is a web-based system, Managers and Senior Level employees can view information for all employees as long as they have access to Wi-Fi. That is the most attractive for us since we have field ops team members who do not have access to employee files at all times.

talentReef review by Administrator

"Excellent ATS and HRIS"

What do you like best?

We are a quick service restaurant franchisee with 800+ employees. We use talentReef as our ATS and HRIS, talentReef made it possible for us to go entirely paperless with our personnel files. It The system stores everything from the applicant stage to the entire life cycle of employees up to termination.

talentReef has seamless integration with WOTC, EVerify, and background checks.

The customer service is incredible. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to reach a customer service representative. They answer all my questions in a timely manner and offer solutions. They have been flexible with our needs.

talentReef rolled out an update with self-service forms. The system now allows us to add/delete forms and assign them to certain positions and locations.

talentReef has made improvements to their speed.

Overall, great system.

What do you dislike?

There is no integration with our payroll vendor. We find ourselves making the same changes in two different systems - talentReef and our payroll vendor. This may be more so an issue relating to our payroll vendor not being open to integrations with other systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it is integrated with payroll vendor to avoid entering changes in more than one system.

With the application, new hire paperwork, disciplinary forms, and terminations being paperless and automated, we are able to work more effectively and efficiently. We love the application process and applicant assessments. The personality and skill assessments help us screen and hire more qualified candidates.

talentReef review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Great value!"

What do you like best?

Great value for the price! I like that many features are customizable and I can do this on my own, without the help of their account support. One of my main criteria for selecting an ATS was having integrated assessments, and talentReef has them at no extra charge.

Their customer service is great! I never had an issue: from the sales process, to implementation, to account support, everyone is always prompt, helpful, and friendly. Their sales & marketing team spent a lot of time answering all of my questions, and they kept in touch long after implementation to make sure all my needs are met.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create new positions without having to contact Account Support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product! Excellent customer support and very reasonable pricing.

I noticed my efficiency has increased and the process is much faster and easier on my new hires.

talentReef review by Elisa W.
Elisa W.

"talentReef is Awesome!!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about TR is there is NO paper to keep -- everything is done electronically. The system is user-friendly for our hiring managers and supervisors. TR offers excellent customer service, too! They are quick to respond to emails and help to quickly resolve any issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the WOTC Interview interface experiences downtime, and when trying to complete an applicants onboarding, the WOTC issues hold up that process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Our business often hires 15+ applicants each week, being able to complete the onboarding process electronically helps save our managers unnecessary time sorting through all the paper.

Administrator in Restaurants

"Great Resource to Consider when Moving from Paper to Electronic Files!"

What do you like best?

While I started in this role after Talent Reef was initially implemented, I have seen a number of helpful improvements since our partnership began 2+ years ago. The customer service team does a GREAT job of troubleshooting issues and teaching our administrators how to be more self-sufficient.

While our group only uses a small portion of Talent Reef's programs, we have seen significant success in applicant flow while using this solution. One under-appreciated piece that I think Talent Reef could share more often is the FREE postings that come along with the monthly subscription for a number of sites (e.g. Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.). This is financial upside as we can now move away from the daily budgets and monthly expenses of posting on these sites in addition to our careers page on the company's website

What do you dislike?

One area I believe Talent Reef could improve is in it's mobile capable features/abilities. We find that many candidates searching for positions in our industry have access to hand-held devices but not always a computer. Sometimes this can pose challenges for those trying to apply and/or complete on-boarding paperwork.

Another area I would like to see advancements is on the side of building jobs into the platform. While we don't do this often, when we need to add a position, the system requires that we send it to a Customer Service Representative to have them do it on the back-end. I wonder if this ownership on the client side would serve both parties effectively.

Talent Reef has allowed our team to move from paper files to electronic files! This has allowed us to make greater strides on an employee's first day. Whereas it used to be a paperwork heavy day, our teams can touch on completing the necessary paperwork on the first day (e.g. I-9 qualifying documents, liq. license, etc.) and get right into the training program!

We've also been able to set up management groups that allow our teams to source from one another when a location is fully staffed. This helps the applicant get hired, albeit maybe not in the original location where he/she applied, but it helps put great talent into position within our group.

talentReef review by Mandi S.
Mandi S.

"TalentReef in Hospitality Industry"

What do you like best?

A complete application, posi-fit and assessment is very helpful as we strive to place the best possible fit for each position. Also, the ability to track the new hire process is very helpful for compliance purposes.

What do you dislike?

We did have a lot of issues with newly hired associates recalling passwords. However, we now have the ability to reset the password via email which has proven to be helpful.

Reducing the time and expense related to paper applications have been a big plus for our properties. We also like the social recruiting aspect of TalentReef. This allows our properties to update ads with ease and know the ads are wide reaching.

talentReef review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Talent Acquisition Manager"

What do you like best?

I like that candidates are asked qualifying questions and are able to complete application, attach resume and cover letter and this is all viewable on the main page

What do you dislike?

lots of steps to move candidate through process. Would be nice if candidate could be pulled up from main page and follow hiring steps to complete process instead of going through several different pages for each step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use for restaurant management hires. Feedback from my colleagues say this is better compared to other ATS that they have used for management restaurant hires

Recruiting

talentReef review by Jessica J.
Jessica J.

"easy to use."

What do you like best?

It is simple and self explanatory. I get work done fast

What do you dislike?

The repeated questionnaire questions. They are a little too repetitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, its great!

I like to think it helps an employer get a good idea of where an employee is at

talentReef review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"ATS that fits your budget and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for our managers and district managers, the capabilities to do everything in one ATS, the quality of applicants, constantly upgrading and keeping on the cutting edge of recruiting,

What do you dislike?

Not being able to be mobile friendly, sometimes changes come down the pike and we are not kept up to speed on what is going on, had issues with it being slow at times when multiple users are on it,

Hiring better applicants, becoming compliant on the crucial things such as I-9, W2 and keeping all documents online and to save the paper trail and confusion of managers trying to keep all the information together to get turned into the District managers

talentReef review by User in Computer Software

"A Decent Hiring Solution"

What do you like best?

The system allows for the integration of ATS, On-boarding, and gave us a sufficient DB output that we could connect it to our internal people management DB.

What do you dislike?

It does feel clunky at times and the UI isn't very well versed for mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent solution now and actively developing into a better one, would recommend, but they are making live changes fairly regularly so if you're looking for something "Done" pass.

Well taking the on-boarding off the shoulders of our face to face management was extremely helpful in many ways. It really puts the responsibility of the employee to review the materials, for better or worse.

Administrator in Restaurants

"Great Customer Support "

What do you like best?

Talentreef had great customer support for any questions. I loved using this program for hiring and sharing applicants between different locations. We were able to assess applicants before interviewing them which made the hiring process more streamline.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit difficult to navigate as a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend. Make sure you have a great rep from TalentReef that can assist with any questions or software issues.

It makes the hiring process easier. We switched from a filing system to a web-based portal for hiring, onboarding and managing employees. Retiring old employees was simple and we could log performance history.

talentReef review by Blaise N.
Blaise N.

"Talent Reef recruiting & on boarding services are perfect."

What do you like best?

This H.R. package allows us to monitor every aspect of our individual store hiring managers' productivity, specific to checking applications, on boarding, notations for training, and appraisal being conducted.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about the T.R. system.

Our number one goal is to communicate with each employee how well they are doing in our company. Talent Reef has helped us tremendously here.

"HR Manager"

What do you like best?

The automation of job posting and managing applications.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more ability for customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great and easy product to you. It is especially easy to manage multiple job boards within one portal.

Eliminating a manual process. Right after implementation, it saved our organization time and money.

talentReef review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"talentReef lacking"

What do you like best?

The best part of talentReef is the pricing, it is all inclusive and low compared to competitors.

What do you dislike?

technical support is slow, customer service usually cannot help and must escalate to tech support. The platform is NOT mobile friendly. The features are minimal and not customizable. You must really have the time to figure out all the quirks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for glitches, implementation errors, and slow support. If only needed for the very basics it may do ok. I would not recommend.

We are attempting to move to paperless onboarding. The biggest benefit is the WOTC.

talentReef review by Ash S.
Ash S.

"Great company that provides a great product."

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Our GMs caught on very quickly.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be tricky, but it’s not terrible. Just takes a little getting used to.

Onboarding compliance was made much easier.

talentReef review by Alison B.
Alison B.

"Great Product! "

What do you like best?

Ease of use! The product does exactly what we need it to

What do you dislike?

Ability to upload our own new reqs but their customer support team always creates them timely

onboarding compliance

Learning about talentReef?

* We monitor all talentReef reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.