Talkdesk

Showing 51 Talkdesk reviews
Talkdesk review by <span>Brianna R.</span>
Brianna R.

Does It's Job

What do you like best?

It provides a fairly user-friendly interface and easy way to have our entire support team take calls from customers as well as return calls, all while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

The new "call bar" extension works for some of my coworkers, but not for me. It's also a little "clunky" and in the way while I'm working on other tasks. The call quality isn't always the best, but I haven't had too many complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TalkDesk is pretty easy to use, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with it. I wish it had some more features and that the extra features, like call forwarding were a little easier and more straightforward, but they seem to be going in the right direction.

We started using TalkDesk as a way to integrate a phone system for our support team who all work remotely. It makes it easy for us to answer customer calls as well as return them, without having to be locked into a landline or use our own numbers, and provides customers with toll-free-numbers that they can call to reach us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Talkdesk
Talkdesk review by <span>Becky Jewell L.</span>
Becky Jewell L.

As Good as It Gets

What do you like best?

I can count on Talkdesk to get me through calls simply and easily, with no drops or interruptions. It's easy to log a call with our Salesforce integration as well, and see a history of calls. The Salesforce integration is big for me and my team - we don't have to spend time logging calls - instead, we just click a button and the call is there in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the audio will fail on my end, so I'll end up calling someone only to have them not hear me. I think Talkdesk could fix this by searching for defects with audio hardware such as headphones/microphones. I know this has to be really difficult to build into Talkdesk, though, since there are only a million kinds of headphones/mic sets that users might be using.

Talkdesk is a really easy interface that is dead simple - I don't have to worry about scrambling through a complicated interface in order to make a call. It's as easy as picking up a phone.

We've realized the benefits of call tracking in Salesforce and the time-saving aspects of this integration have been helpful.

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

Talkdesk review by User in Internet

Talkdesk calls

What do you like best?

It is SO easy to use and understand. Easy to open on your computer and use for any calls you need. It tracks voicemails and calls and the reporting is easy to understand also. It is easy to listen to voicemails and see who called you back which is important for sales and to follow up with missed calls. It also looks nice and easy to use without being distracting.

What do you dislike?

When making calls to other countries, there is a lag and it makes the calls awkward when you are talking over the other person. Sometimes this happens on normal calls as well but you can restart the app or your computer and it is usually fixed. We log calls as well and the about of calls we do is the main metric to track our success and sometimes it does not log but that is easily fixed when restarting the app. I do wish the dial tone was customizable or different because it does get old after awhile.

Easy to call any number and log the calls. Our operations managers are very knowledgeable about Talkdesk and can solve most things. I go to them with any questions i have.

Talkdesk review by <span>Mark T.</span>
Mark T.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Excellent product that requires further refinement.

What do you like best?

Excellent support and communication from start to finish, all the various abilities to integrate with different technologies and also the ease of using the system from both a back office and user point of view.

From an admin P.O.V the whole system is a piece of cake compared to say your traditional SIP trunk or PBX system which if you have ever used are a complete nightmare and generally the opposite of useful (looking at you Mitel & Panasonic in particular!). There are other systems a bit like Talkdesk in the emerging SaaS phone based market but very few have such an array of integration possibilities and with the imminent release of an API I believe things can only get better in this arena.

What do you dislike?

The system is not fully developed to its full potential, yet, and the future development road map could be better highlighted and organised for clients such as us who have a hectic development schedule to be better prepared.

Callbar which is their Chrome widget that sits aside the browser still needs a lot of work, you can't for instance search for a contact yet and you basically have to copy and paste from the browser rendering Callbar fairly pointless at this point in time.

All in these are really minor criticisms to a system that at its core works as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead what you require exactly as possible and the TD team will help all the way no problem.

With our previous system things were dated and allowed for little improvement in integration with other technologies. Talkdesk is always evolving and will eventually be our main conduit for all customer communication be it via our website or mainline.

Talkdesk is a leap forward in terms of managing account managers and looking at day, weekly & monthly statistics to help the company accomplish its goals more efficiently.

Talkdesk review by User in Internet
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

I hear that ringtone in my nightmares

What do you like best?

- No need for a physical phone.

- Dial someone from anywhere with internet.

- Listen to call recordings, monitor other calls.

- Syncs to Salesforce.

- Fast responding customer support.

What do you dislike?

- Microphone permissions issues cause the microphone to shut out with no warning. I have to either restart Chrome entirely or use the Terminal to reset audio on my Mac.

- The recently deprecated Salesforce widget was insane. If you were marked as Away in TD it didn't tell SFDC, so calls would still come in, and vice versa. But the new callbar in Zendesk is working fine.

- My dedicated phone number is not what comes through when I make a call. I'm sure this could be fixed through support but it's just another thing on my list. Not sure what that's about.

- There seems to be only one standard ring and it haunts me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say at the end of the day it comes down to little frustrations with the UI and set up. It's not the worst product out there, and it does what I need it to do - Make calls.

- No need to purchase phones.

- Allows us to revisit important calls that have been recorded.

Talkdesk review by <span>Tyler T.</span>
Tyler T.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great Digital Call Center Solution

What do you like best?

We love the fact that it uses Google Chrome instead of additional installs. It stays in the browser which makes accessing it from multiple locations simple and intuitive.

Reliable reporting and easy to use. It's much easier and more reliable to use than our other solution.

Fast replies from account managers and support. I have nothing but good things and praise for our account manager and their support team. Always friendly, quick, and courteous, they're able to answer most questions.

What do you dislike?

No live API for custom data or dashboards. This is something that was said to be on the roadmap for Q1 2016 but we've seen no update for it.

Zendesk integration is amazing, but the CTI is limited. You can't see which ring group is being called or any tags associated with IVR choices. Agents aren't able to be prepared for the issue at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love that it uses Google Chrome as it's soft phone and doesn't require any additional installs.

Call center solution for a medium sized business. We've saved money over the competition and are happy with our service.

It's also great to work with a startup like ourselves and be a contributing member of their development. They're constantly asking for feedback and ways to improve the product.

Learn more about Talkdesk

Talkdesk Videos

Learning about Talkdesk?

* We monitor all Talkdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.