3.8

Work for Talkdesk?

Learning about Talkdesk?

Talkdesk Reviews

Showing 72 Talkdesk reviews
Talkdesk review by Travis M.
Travis M.

"Great Phone System for Small-Medium Departments"

What do you like best?

I most appreciate the ease of administration and roll out. We are able to easily add/remove numbers, agents, IVR options, etc as required based on operational needs. The provided reports also allow us to analyze our performance quite well. TalkDesk support has been very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is no direct connection to Power Bi. This would be useful for our organization to perform more advance reporting without having to utilize exports. The reporting snapshots provided are great for spot checking certain aspects of phone performance, but increased ability to compare the data within the reporting section would likely improve their usefulness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with the TalkDesk team certainly. They can arrange meetings with comparable organizations to allow for more in-depth conversations on their experience. Also give the trial a shot with a portion of your department to see if the platform will meet your requirements.

We use TalkDesk to manage all of our Customer Experience inbound and outbound call needs. We have benefited from the ability to monitor real-time phone call activity, as well as the ability to report on our performance from large overviews to granular details. Additionally, TalkDesk's support has been tremendously helpful and responsive.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Talkdesk
Talkdesk review by Brianna R.
Brianna R.

"Does It's Job"

What do you like best?

It provides a fairly user-friendly interface and easy way to have our entire support team take calls from customers as well as return calls, all while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

The new "call bar" extension works for some of my coworkers, but not for me. It's also a little "clunky" and in the way while I'm working on other tasks. The call quality isn't always the best, but I haven't had too many complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TalkDesk is pretty easy to use, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with it. I wish it had some more features and that the extra features, like call forwarding were a little easier and more straightforward, but they seem to be going in the right direction.

We started using TalkDesk as a way to integrate a phone system for our support team who all work remotely. It makes it easy for us to answer customer calls as well as return them, without having to be locked into a landline or use our own numbers, and provides customers with toll-free-numbers that they can call to reach us.

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

Talkdesk review by Becky Jewell L.
Becky Jewell L.

"As Good as It Gets"

What do you like best?

I can count on Talkdesk to get me through calls simply and easily, with no drops or interruptions. It's easy to log a call with our Salesforce integration as well, and see a history of calls. The Salesforce integration is big for me and my team - we don't have to spend time logging calls - instead, we just click a button and the call is there in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the audio will fail on my end, so I'll end up calling someone only to have them not hear me. I think Talkdesk could fix this by searching for defects with audio hardware such as headphones/microphones. I know this has to be really difficult to build into Talkdesk, though, since there are only a million kinds of headphones/mic sets that users might be using.

Talkdesk is a really easy interface that is dead simple - I don't have to worry about scrambling through a complicated interface in order to make a call. It's as easy as picking up a phone.

We've realized the benefits of call tracking in Salesforce and the time-saving aspects of this integration have been helpful.

"Talkdesk"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Talkdesk

Talkdesk review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wonderful, dreaming,and out of this world. "

What do you like best?

What i like the best is, everything about TalkDesk is perfect. They help you out so fast and they get the job done within 5 minutes. They also go live with you if anything goes wrong. Stay login in to your email and they send you one back quickly. There work is so fanstatic and unbelievable. There work of line is just great so people should feel inspired by there work. You'll Love it i promise. Think about the work they do the effort they bring to the table. You will be surprise i guaranteed it.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about TalkDesk. There is nothing here negative about it. Its just so wonderful. I don't think no one who uses TalkDesk and if they have an issue they respond within minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TalkDesk is wonderful if we all love it, so its the best out there. TalkDesk shows us the thing no one else can show up, they go live with you and help you through every process there will be. Us TalkDesk, because its wonderful and if i love it, you all with love it as well.

TalkDesk provide an experience i would never imagine. They help in any way possible to get you using TalkDesk. I have realized that they get the issue fix so quickly and have you up and running within 5 minutes. There is no solving without TalkDesk. Its just so amazing and great and gives you hope.

"Works well enough"

What do you like best?

It's great that I can see which agents are online/available. Our team is small and doing many things, not just support. So, because of that it isn't a home run for us. This tool is - reasonably so- probably intended for larger call centers where all they do all day is take inbound calls.

What do you dislike?

switching from web mode to widget mode is easy to miss. My agents forget this sometimes and don't hear calls ringing as such. I don't think there's a way to have a different greeting play when the queue is higher or if all agents are on another line. That would be nice for us since we are a smaller team, and when we are maxxed out we don't have another 10+ agents who might be able to hop on after finishing their calls. i.e. Hi there, thanks for calling X. We're experiencing a higher than usual call volume. Hang tight or email us at ...

It's helpful for seeing who is calling, so long as you've taken the time to add the contact in.

Talkdesk review by User in Internet

"Talkdesk calls"

What do you like best?

It is SO easy to use and understand. Easy to open on your computer and use for any calls you need. It tracks voicemails and calls and the reporting is easy to understand also. It is easy to listen to voicemails and see who called you back which is important for sales and to follow up with missed calls. It also looks nice and easy to use without being distracting.

What do you dislike?

When making calls to other countries, there is a lag and it makes the calls awkward when you are talking over the other person. Sometimes this happens on normal calls as well but you can restart the app or your computer and it is usually fixed. We log calls as well and the about of calls we do is the main metric to track our success and sometimes it does not log but that is easily fixed when restarting the app. I do wish the dial tone was customizable or different because it does get old after awhile.

Easy to call any number and log the calls. Our operations managers are very knowledgeable about Talkdesk and can solve most things. I go to them with any questions i have.

Talkdesk review by Mark T.
Mark T.

"Excellent product that requires further refinement. "

What do you like best?

Excellent support and communication from start to finish, all the various abilities to integrate with different technologies and also the ease of using the system from both a back office and user point of view.

From an admin P.O.V the whole system is a piece of cake compared to say your traditional SIP trunk or PBX system which if you have ever used are a complete nightmare and generally the opposite of useful (looking at you Mitel & Panasonic in particular!). There are other systems a bit like Talkdesk in the emerging SaaS phone based market but very few have such an array of integration possibilities and with the imminent release of an API I believe things can only get better in this arena.

What do you dislike?

The system is not fully developed to its full potential, yet, and the future development road map could be better highlighted and organised for clients such as us who have a hectic development schedule to be better prepared.

Callbar which is their Chrome widget that sits aside the browser still needs a lot of work, you can't for instance search for a contact yet and you basically have to copy and paste from the browser rendering Callbar fairly pointless at this point in time.

All in these are really minor criticisms to a system that at its core works as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead what you require exactly as possible and the TD team will help all the way no problem.

With our previous system things were dated and allowed for little improvement in integration with other technologies. Talkdesk is always evolving and will eventually be our main conduit for all customer communication be it via our website or mainline.

Talkdesk is a leap forward in terms of managing account managers and looking at day, weekly & monthly statistics to help the company accomplish its goals more efficiently.

Talkdesk review by User in Internet

"I hear that ringtone in my nightmares"

What do you like best?

- No need for a physical phone.

- Dial someone from anywhere with internet.

- Listen to call recordings, monitor other calls.

- Syncs to Salesforce.

- Fast responding customer support.

What do you dislike?

- Microphone permissions issues cause the microphone to shut out with no warning. I have to either restart Chrome entirely or use the Terminal to reset audio on my Mac.

- The recently deprecated Salesforce widget was insane. If you were marked as Away in TD it didn't tell SFDC, so calls would still come in, and vice versa. But the new callbar in Zendesk is working fine.

- My dedicated phone number is not what comes through when I make a call. I'm sure this could be fixed through support but it's just another thing on my list. Not sure what that's about.

- There seems to be only one standard ring and it haunts me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say at the end of the day it comes down to little frustrations with the UI and set up. It's not the worst product out there, and it does what I need it to do - Make calls.

- No need to purchase phones.

- Allows us to revisit important calls that have been recorded.

Talkdesk review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The worst dialer"

What do you like best?

The voicemail drop is nice. Click to call functionality is pretty basic but works

What do you dislike?

Constant issues with audio quality and the other end being able to hear me. I have tested my bandwith and am connect via eithernet cable so I know that it no the problem. I can often not go through the prompts of a digital attendant. There is very basic salesforce integrsation which calls log a task but you can not manage exisitng task or set a follow up. There is no mobile app and there is no ability to click to dial to a cell phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool seems aimed at call center environments but is not very useful to a sales floor making outbound dialing efforts. I would recommend you avoid this product as a sales team there are much better applications out there with CRM functionality.

Ask about timelines and roadmap for better salesforce and CRM integrations. Also, the development of a mobile app.

Got me.

Talkdesk review by Tyler T.
Tyler T.

"Great Digital Call Center Solution"

What do you like best?

We love the fact that it uses Google Chrome instead of additional installs. It stays in the browser which makes accessing it from multiple locations simple and intuitive.

Reliable reporting and easy to use. It's much easier and more reliable to use than our other solution.

Fast replies from account managers and support. I have nothing but good things and praise for our account manager and their support team. Always friendly, quick, and courteous, they're able to answer most questions.

What do you dislike?

No live API for custom data or dashboards. This is something that was said to be on the roadmap for Q1 2016 but we've seen no update for it.

Zendesk integration is amazing, but the CTI is limited. You can't see which ring group is being called or any tags associated with IVR choices. Agents aren't able to be prepared for the issue at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love that it uses Google Chrome as it's soft phone and doesn't require any additional installs.

Call center solution for a medium sized business. We've saved money over the competition and are happy with our service.

It's also great to work with a startup like ourselves and be a contributing member of their development. They're constantly asking for feedback and ways to improve the product.

Talkdesk review by Taylor P.
Taylor P.

"Talkdesk is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

It's very organized and easy for multiple people to see what is happening in our call center - we needed a dashboard that could help us do everything we needed and Talkdesk is just that! I also find it very simple to create new users!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were two big things -- a mobile app to make and receive calls --- and a way for people to listen to private voicemail. We are hacking the system a little and giving ALL of our employees personal access and ring groups but it would be nice to have them private.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go all in! We're like 75% in because we have to route things through our own software but if you can do Talkdesk and the API you'd really be in a good place.

We have a small support team that works from home a lot (with one member in Europe) and Talkdesk is helping us pull them all together simply!

Talkdesk review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"Nice and easy"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk has some really impressive features such as live call monitoring, phone IVR, integrations for Zendesk, a fantastic reporting dashboard, and personal voicemails and extensions. Whenever we've had an idea that would improve our workflow and efficiency, Talkdesk's engineering team has been able to customize the settings to fit our needs. The Zendesk integration is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that comes to mind is that I wish the Zendesk integration wouldn't automatically add a "fake" email address for calls. For example, it will add contact+1243435343@talkdesk.com to that user's profile. This causes a lot of suspended tickets in Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if this is the right solution for you now and as your team grows.

We're able to get customers to a specific team and employees in a faster manner thanks to the IVR option. We love the new holiday hours feature, and Talkdesk's ongoing product support.

Talkdesk review by User

"Super Buggy and Useless"

What do you like best?

Nothing, this platform is terrible for call management.

What do you dislike?

Calls are constantly dropping and if you are lucky to get a call the callers are often unable to hear you when you answer. There are also weird things were calls won't be able to be placed on hold and you have to use the mute button instead and phantom hold music will play after a call is finished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful if there was better call quality and control. There is no easy way to report tech issues to support which makes it difficult to get any answers. I would recommend trying another service as Talkdesk is not worth the money in any way.

None, this platform has been terrible for providing online tech support.

Talkdesk review by Administrator

"TalkDesk has made it easier for my CS team "

What do you like best?

I love the reports that TalkDesk provides, new ideas are always coming up through TalkDesk, their CustomerService Team is always so kind and ready to help. Our Customer Service team loves how easy, user-friendly TalkDesk is for them and when talking calls.

What do you dislike?

It was hard for our team to adjust to the new callbar system and also, Looker, I know this is new, but I wish it was explained more in detail.

Handle time, where do we need our team members, how our team members are doing. The benefits are endless because with the reports, live reporting, seeing numbers, etc, it has made it easy for us to determine what we need to do as a company.

Talkdesk review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"TalkDesk Is Pretty Cool"

What do you like best?

I love how it records your conversations! This is perfect for training purposes. Before we had to use another software paired with our current software to record conversations. That was a pain and half the time it didn't work. TalkDesk is pretty easy to use and that's awesome for our team :) We have also eliminated our issue of dropped calls!

This product also integrates with our support software and CRM! We use HelpScout and Salesforce.

There support team is great!

What do you dislike?

The integrations aren't super consistent. Often they couldn't find clients in our CRM or couldn't even connect. This is a bummer as we were looking forward to using the software in tandem to our other softwares.

The recorded messages auto populate into our support software, but don't come over with the clients contact information or any personal information. Our team has to manually find the person who did the call and have them fill out the contact info for who they talked to. This is kind of a pain to our workflow.

The product is also much more expensive than the software we were using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do note that Talkdesk is much more expensive than Ring Central. This is why our team did not full implement the software. The integration aspect is alright, but not yet seamless.

We are solving the issue of dropped calls! Our other program would frequently drop calls and during a call have terrible feedback/background noise. Talkdesk has tremendously helped in that area.

We also have training material for new reps on our team. They can review those golden conversations that our veteran team has with clients.

Talkdesk review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"Powerful Tool, Works Sometimes"

What do you like best?

The recording features, and Integrations were very helpful. It's connections to help scout and Salesforce help SOOOO much promise. Never had dropped calls, and the CRM type features are great.

What do you dislike?

The integrations rarely worked automatically, and often time calls had to be tagged and moved manually. There also was an odd delay on the calls that was about a second or longer. The solution that Talk Desk suggested required us to do massive adjustments to our internal setup, and it was frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a demo period, don't jump in with both feet at once.

Having calls recorded was nice, but served very little real world benefit. It just felt creepy by our team and customers. The integrations would be nice, but they hardly worked.

All that being said, their team was responsive and helpful, even though their solutions ultimately didn't solve most our issues.

Talkdesk review by Shane M.
Shane M.

"Great call center solution for distributed companies"

What do you like best?

The ability for my agents to be able to field calls from any of our offices or even from home. We're a distributed company with offices in multiple locations and Sales agents who work remotely. Talkdesk gives us the flexibility to route calls anywhere my agents are and I don't have to put in the traditional expensive enterprise phone systems.

What do you dislike?

Still lack a few features that a traditional enterprise PBX/IVR system has but it keeps getting better by the day and they're quickly closing those gaps.

Example:

- No skills based routing within a group.

- Ability to make outbound calls when using external phone (only works when making calls via browser)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend it.

Needed a cost effective solution for Customer Support Call center and Inbound Sales lines that could handle agents at 4 offices in two countries along with remote workers. We've been able to realize a number of benefits:

- During major snow storms our agents were able field calls from home when unable to safely get to the office.

- During a power outage at one office the other offices were able to absorb the workload so customers did not notice.

- Sales agents can field calls and get voicemails via email when on the road.

Talkdesk review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Taking Support calls"

What do you like best?

I like the online/offline capabilities and quick transfers. I also like the call tracking and user history. Filtering is great for searching back logged calls and the reporting feature for available bandwidth is helpful when determining busy hours and availability hours for scheduling purposes.

What do you dislike?

Inability to sometimes use the service for touch tone type conferencing which requires you to enter in various numbers. Also, sometimes we see that the call will ping one user and not another when one drops off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you create a map of what features you'd like and all of your number integrations to discuss with your rep before fully integrating to make sure that you don't set yourself up without the ability to scale up when you start to get an increased number of calls and agents.

fielding customers from many difference regions and product lines.

Talkdesk review by Torey P.
Torey P.

"Simple and powerful tool"

What do you like best?

This tool is very simple to set up including integration with Zendesk, our ticketing tool. Talkdesk makes it easy to retrieve data. Customer service has been quick to resolve issues.

What do you dislike?

There are some technical issues when we have the Talkdesk website open with the widget in our ticketing system.

There is no current option to see a real time dashboard of time logged in a specific pause state or status. The current dashboard is difficult to see on our monitors across the floor, so additional options for a dashboard view would be helpful.

Simplicity of the tool makes it easy for all levels of our organization to understand data. The ability to set statuses helps us track productivity in a real time and clear manner.

"Good for SMB's"

What do you like best?

It's lightweight and integrates very nicely with just about every CS application you could think of. Also, it's version of the app store is fairly robust and provides a lot of extensibility in a modular fashion which can help an organization build a tool that best meets their specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Its native reporting capabilities are limited in terms of both ad hoc and real time reports. Common call center features like skills based routing and configuring after call wrap up time are not available. We have had some issues with application responsiveness and call quality during critical business hours. Lastly, it's very difficult to find specific call recordings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what your reporting requirements are so that you can confirm Talkdesk will be able to deliver.

An easy to implement VOIP solution that plugs into the rest of our CS systems.

Talkdesk review by Janine D.
Janine D.

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

Phone system is incredibly easy to use. Way less time refreshing and troubleshooting. Call quality is A+ and the notification sounds are much less jarring. Super excited to use this now and get to know more about it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, fairly new the system but I will be back if there are issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

The roll out just took one day so if you're considering it, it won't take you very long!

Answering customer service calls, transferring calls, outbound calls.

Talkdesk review by Esteban C.
Esteban C.

"Great product if you need to make calls"

What do you like best?

First of all, the cheap fares. Also how it is really easy to use and how it has way more coverage than other similar products. The ability to record calls and go back to listen to them is great.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about talkdesk. Being an "online phone" it should be more stable. Sometimes when signal gets a bit weak it crashes and cuts calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only reason we are not using it anymore, is that we are using Bitrix24 and it includes a software like this. If you need a "call center" software. I would 100% recommend you to give it a try.

We were able to have more coverage and best rates than using Skype to make calls. Also it lets you go back and listen to the calls so you can give feedback to your employees and make them better at what they are doing.

Talkdesk review by Donald C.
Donald C.

"Talkdesk has improved our customer support and sales tremendously!"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick just one thing but the call Queue and Automated Call back features have helped our sales our customer support by cutting down on time returning calls. Previously people only had the option to leave a voicemail when we were on the line with another customer. That meant we had many calls to return during a typical day. When making many of those return calls we often received a voicemail which meant we ended up playing a lot of phone tag. Now we have a large number of people that wait in the Queue or enter their number to receive an automated call back without losing their place in line.

What do you dislike?

So far threre really isn't anything that I dislike. Everything we need is provided and our business is doing much better from using Talkdesk over our previous service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Switch to Talkdesk today.

Faster communication with customers, integrates into our HelpScout so we have recorded calls we can review. Also integrates with our ecommerce so we can see the customers order automatically when on the phone with them. Best platform on the market. Left RingCentral after years of being a customer. The transition to Talkdesk with as smooth as butter. Their support is fantastic. You will not be disapointed.

Talkdesk review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"A high-end call center at a great price"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk provides a high-end VoIP call center at a very reasonable price. It's really easy to setup, and the features are the same from other vendors at 2-3x the cost. Support is excellent. They're a company it's truly a pleasure to work with.

What do you dislike?

We had some challenges using SIP phones with our Talkdesk installation. Support was very helpful, but we decided it was better to switch over to their browser-based phone solution instead of working through the technical challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During your trial process, make sure you're having a group of your agents use the product. We had a few self-inflicted hiccups because I did all the testing on my own without stress testing our network. Our first day of the rollout had a few preventable hiccups.

We were able to transition our 25 person customer support team from a traditional phone system to a robust call center in a few short weeks. Our clients loved the advanced, skills-based routing, our agents appreciated the ring group options and integration with our ticketing system, and management loves the reporting options. We're very happy with

Talkdesk review by Nate P.
Nate P.

"Talkdesk: aka Mighty Joe Young, less customizable then others, but quickly improving and easier to u"

What do you like best?

The best aspect about talkdesk is their responsiveness and their product team. They have a great product, and in the 5 months we've used them they have made that product exponentially better because of their responsive support team and their accessible product team.

What do you dislike?

The think I most dislike is that they are a young company and are missing some different elements and customizable options. Fortunately, they're eager and capable to fix these deficiencies, but every so often it proves inconvenient. For example, although they have an okay callback feature, it's void of much customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using Talkdesk, simply take advantage of their support and your account representative. They have a great product but every so often have a couple of strange or hidden ways of doing things. Simply communicate with them and they'll get you taken care of asap!

Through Talkdesk we're connecting with our customers quicker, and clearer than ever before with adequate routing options. This allows us to connect the appropriate customer with the appropriate agent within a quick amount of time. Furthermore, it provides appropriate reporting dashboards to measure our success and better improve.

Talkdesk review by Gabriela A.
Gabriela A.

"Good for incoming calls"

What do you like best?

- Writing notes on the go while a call is active

What do you dislike?

- Can be slow at times, layover of close notes button is almost over the hangup call button which makes it easy to accidentally hang up a call

- Helping customers with their needs and concerns and being able to record those for later use

Talkdesk review by Alexander A.
Alexander A.

"Very good phone quality"

What do you like best?

I really like the phone quality. When I go back and listen to my recorded phone conversations, the quality is crisp. It doesn't sound like I'm using an Internet phone service.

What do you dislike?

It has its occasional hiccups and bugs when it goes down momentarily, for example, or sometimes will leave you on "After Call Work," or whatever your company has assigned for you to use after a call is over before going available again. But, other than that, the quality is really good.

We are a company whose team consists of customer support that works all over the U.S. This helps us take calls and even transfer calls to one another seamlessly.

Talkdesk review by Hillary S.
Hillary S.

"TalkDesk A+"

What do you like best?

For those of you who are unfamiliar with TalkDesk, you can use the product to connect with your customers in real time and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. If you've ever used any sort of outsourcing for customer interactions, you'll know that it can be pricy and ineffective, but with Talkdesk, you will enjoy all the benefits of enterprise call center software, without all the complexity.

What do you dislike?

It's still a relatively new company, and they're still branding themselves, but I think the company is heading in the right direction. The team there is quick to answer any problems that occur and are very easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're a great company to work with as they really spend time getting to know your business and your problems with your current vendor. They go out of their way to provide excellent customer service.

We switched from another outsourced company to TalkDesk about a year ago and we've seen a huge increase in customer retention and a decrease in customer complaints.

Talkdesk review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"TalkDesk is easy!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and I love the TD extension which gives me flexibility.

What do you dislike?

I miss the google extension but I know that's not your fault haha

We have remote reps who take calls. This gives us an affordable way to have remote reps take calls. Also the reporting features are great!

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk has an amazing product. They are very data driven, which my company appreciates. They were also extremely patient and knowledgeable about their product while my team was onboarding. They are quick to answer questions and provide support, often answering emails at all hours of the day.

What do you dislike?

Unless you are completely focused it's easy to pull incorrect data from their platform. There are many filters and date ranges (which in truth is a good thing) so it could skew data pretty easily and also drastically. So maybe when the automatic report comes to my inbox highlighting the variables I pulled (date, team, hour of the day, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Our agents have much better visibility now. They are able to communicate more efficiently within the team and the customers alike. We've also greatly benefited from call dispositions and understanding the why behind our customers.

"Simple, Reliable"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk has been a good solution for us when it comes to up-time.

What do you dislike?

The options are very limited. The management displays and reports leave much to be desired. The customer service is just average.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a call center or sales environment which requires team work or the move of calls between users. Think twice before using Talkdesk or any soft phone system

We replaced a PBX with Talkdesk. The cloud based solution works, but the management abilities do not come close to what can be done with a PBX systems.

Talkdesk review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Just fine"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have your phone hover as a widget in the corner of your screen. I don't always use it because I find it overwhelming, but sometimes it's handy if I'm only looking for incoming phone calls and want to make sure I don't miss anything.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the symbols used for incoming, outgoing, or voicemail. It's kind of confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a bit of a learning curve if you've never used a phone support system, but all in all it's pretty user friendly.

We use Talkdesk for phone support. We've realized that some of our clients really enjoy talking to someone on the phone rather than over email. It's very personal, and you personalities shine through more!

Talkdesk review by Brittany M.
Brittany M.

"Good service with a not great layout"

What do you like best?

Calls are fairly clear and often last the entire duration.

What do you dislike?

The end button is in a poor place. If you are entering notes and then exit notes the end button is easily accidentally hit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful of accidentally ending calls!

Troubleshooting technology issues for our customers.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Solved my call center problems"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk solved my team's issues with being able to reliably work from home and get call center calls. We were using a traditional phone provider previously that did not allow us to do this.

What do you dislike?

The setup | configuration interface is a little bit confusing initially. I wish they had a standalone desktop app as opposed to living entirely inside the browser or that they would at least find a way to set different sound input/output for td as opposed to other tools being used on the machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the customization to its full potential, there's a lot they can do!

Business problems are reliable work from home, office, or remote capabilities for my team who was struggling. The reporting is also really helping us understand more about our callers.

Talkdesk review by Louise F.
Louise F.

"Good system for customer calls"

What do you like best?

The ability to review previous call recordings.

What do you dislike?

We have used the programme integrated with Zendesk and have found that we don't always get notified of incoming calls.

Our customer support team work remotely and it allows us to manage incoming calls without needing handsets or individual numbers.

Talkdesk review by User in Computer Software

"Great Quality Transparent Functionality"

What do you like best?

The call quality is impressive and the ability to navigate its different functions (status, casing, etc.).

What do you dislike?

It can seem like a lot to ask if you are having sales or support specialists set up their own Talkdesk. Plugin dependency + desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a much better alternative to Zendesk talk or a simple softphone solution, this is it!

We originally chose Talkdesk because of poor Zendesk talk functionality. This has provided a more consistent experience.

Talkdesk review by Mary T.
Mary T.

"Delivering Exceptional Customer Experience"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use for the agents. There is a lot of flexibility on how to set up the system and it was easy to implement. And not to forget to mention, the reporting aspects of the system are good.

What do you dislike?

I wish Talkdesk had a report I could see who purposely skipped over the phone call.

Good reporting capabilities, and improvements to the voice quality to Asia. Both were realized.

Talkdesk review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Worst Experience"

What do you like best?

There's nothing I really like about this company.

What do you dislike?

Sales person would say yes to everything you ask them. But wouldn't actually follow through. He also didn't disclose a charge when we specifically asked them about every fee involved. Zero support once you paid for their service. Would not recommend. Go with RingDNA or someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother!

Nothing other companies are not already providing.

Talkdesk review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"User friendly and relatively straightforward to deploy. Excellent customer service."

What do you like best?

We have integrated Talkdesk with our Nimble CRM database. This integration with its click-to-dial functionality has dramatically increased call volumes from our outbound sales team. As call dispositions in TalkDesk (and recordings of the call itself) are automatically recorded as a note against the contact record in Nimble we have a complete record of who said what to whom and when - vital for getting a 360 degree view of the customer. Integration of TalkDesk into the Nimble Gmail extension means that agents now have complete access to CRM information in their inbox plus the convenience of click-to-dial functionality in Gmail as well as in the CRM itself - a dramatic increase in convenience and productivity.

Pros: We have been working with TalkDesk since they appeared in Beta, well before the product was commercially available. I have always found the TalkDesk support team to be really proactive both in implementing improvements which we suggested (like the click-to-call functionality in the Nimble extension for Gmail) as well as resolving the inevitable minor issues you get when setting up any new system for the first time.

Cons: Very few cons to be honest. I would like to see a native mobile app, but other than that our experience has been very positive.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a native mobile app and enhanced reporting, but overall our experience with TalkDesk has been very positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Still not a fully mature product, but the Dev team are working hard and their response to any issues we have had has been fantastic and very prompt. Great customer support. If you are prepared to work with them as the product matures I would highly recommend TalkDesk.

Click to dial, 360 degree view of the customer. Visibility of call volumes and reporting on a per agent basis.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easy to use fully integrated Salesforce Calling Software"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk is great software that makes the calling process and integration with Salesforce really easy. With the easy click to call we are easily able to navigate salesforce and make the necessary calls. The software easily integrates with many different tools and provides great call reporting and monitoring.

What do you dislike?

The main issue we have is the lack of ability to call and log call on an account in Salesforce. (only contact or lead is available).

There is a downside in having the platform opened in a different tab. It would be great if it could be directly integrated into salesforce (maybe app or visual force).

We are using this software as our primary calling software for our CS and Sales team. The greatest benefits include reporting.

Talkdesk review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"I LOVE IT!"

What do you like best?

IT IS VERY EASLY ACCESSIBLE AND USER FRIENDLY. I HAVE WORKED WITH SEVERAL OTHER PHONE SYSTEMS AND THIS BY FAR HAS TO BE THE BEST.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING AS OF YET, I LOVE TALKDESK! I HAVE NO DISLIKES.

WE WERE PREVIOUSLY HAVING AN ISSUE VIEWING AGENTS AND ANSWER SPEED HOWEVER, NOW THAT THE FEATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED AND SPLIT APART FROM THE CHART IT'S A LOT BETTER.

Talkdesk review by Jamie K.
Jamie K.

"Great for entry level "

What do you like best?

The dashboards available for managers are really convenient to watch during the day.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be expounded upon. It is very difficult to drill down on certain metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need reporting tools integrated

Talkdesk provides a very seamless experience from start to finish with the telephonic portion. Dashboards are extremely useful but could definitely be expounded upon.

Talkdesk review by Executive Sponsor in Consumer Services
Executive Sponsor in Consumer Services

"Good features and functionality, but has had some down time in the last six months"

What do you like best?

Fairly intuitive and easy to use. Syncs up well with other products. Simple to get up to speed.

What do you dislike?

Had some downtime issues earlier and the year and should have been more generous on makegoods associated with it. Would like an included SLA, but that is much more costly, otherwise you get nothing.

Provide inbound call support and tracking for customers placing orders.

Talkdesk review by Jillian S.
Jillian S.

"Internet Phone"

What do you like best?

I love not having a phone on my desk. I like that everything is digital - especially the voicemail which is easy to forward to another co-worker

What do you dislike?

There are times when I miss phone calls because the system thinks I'm not available

I don't use the phone that much, so not having one take up room on my desk is great!

"A lot of glitches"

What do you like best?

The widget is very simple to use. It is a lot nicer than going into the webmode.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of down time. Our phones will go down for a few minutes at least once a week. I call to report it and they just say there are no other reports and leave it at that. There always seems to be something going wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for down time.

We are changing to zendesk at the end of the month to see if they have fewer issues.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Very dependable phone platform"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and the up-time is very good.

What do you dislike?

The reporting isn't very robust and there are rarely major updates

We use Talkdesk for our customer support team. It has allowed us to scale very quickly because our agents just need an internet connection to get started.

Talkdesk review by Danielle W.
Danielle W.

"using talkdesk for customer support"

What do you like best?

The ease of noting calls as well as the ability to take inbound calls and make outbound calls.

What do you dislike?

It does lag from time to time and takes a while to load customer data

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations.

We answer calls from customers as well as place calls to customers.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use and they are growing with us."

What do you like best?

It's simplicity lets us get off the ground quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat limiting if you have multiple teams using Talkdesk with very different use cases.

Talkdesk made is very easy for us to link calls to support tickets and to have more meaningful reporting.

Talkdesk review by Virginia P.
Virginia P.

"Not sure it is better than Google Voice"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps all of my calls in one place, so I can go listen to my voicemails anywhere

What do you dislike?

If a number is blocked, it will list all blocked calls as being from the same person. You won't know until you try to call it back.

You can't get Google Voice to give you new phone numbers anymore, but we were able to import our old number from Google Voice to TalkDesk, so we at least kept the same number!

"Talk-The-Talk"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the reporting is, as well as how felxible the program is with our offshore memebers.

What do you dislike?

Better Voicemail Settings and reporting

We have multiple sites with different 1800 numbers, TalkDesk makes support easy for all.

Talkdesk review by Sheel C.
Sheel C.

"Great product, always improving"

What do you like best?

Deep integrations through the app market as well as custom build webhooks/data pulls

What do you dislike?

Platform reliability needs to be improved but they are rapidly working on this.

Both outbound sales calls as well as inbound customer service.

Talkdesk review by User in Computer Software

"Talk desk is a mostly great telephone software."

What do you like best?

Its very simple to use and I haven't had many issues with it.

What do you dislike?

Our company runs into issues with it working for some employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No software is bullet proof...I would say that this product works great for our business. I have had mostly great experiences with the product with very little issues.

It helps us run our business and be efficient in helping customers.

"Intake Rep"

What do you like best?

I really like all the features it provides.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it ends the call when i reload.

Taking and receiving all the calls necessary.

Talkdesk review by Joann H.
Joann H.

"I love talkdesk very helpful"

What do you like best?

tracking my stats is great i love it very helpful

What do you dislike?

i have no dislikes of talk desk i love it

Keeping up with calls

Talkdesk review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Great customer attention"

What do you like best?

The personal attention provided to customers to ensure their needs are met.

What do you dislike?

Customization options for reporting to be more predictive.

WFM

"Talkdesk Review"

What do you like best?

Call tracking, recordings, salesforce integration

What do you dislike?

Support mediocre at best. Sometimes goes dark and calls drop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is limited at best, make sure you have the bandwidth to handle the calls.

call recording mainly.

Talkdesk review by Administrator

"Talkdesk makes things simple with keeping it organized. "

What do you like best?

I like that everything is easily accessible as well as the staff.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when it stops loading for minutes at a time and shuts down randomly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something easy and efficient then I recommend TalkDesk.

We use it for inbound and outbound calls and love the efficiency of the program.

Talkdesk review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Good phone system with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Calls on the soft phone are typically clear and the connection is solid as long as internet is reliable

What do you dislike?

Problems with in call dialing (dialing extensions, dial by name directory)

Does not connect to third party devices, cell phones.

Doesn't rely on a landline. Can use from anywhere with internet connection.

Talkdesk review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Talkdesk Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of communicating with customers and team members.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to edit hyperlinks in messages.

Solving day to day issues and answering questions as well as bringing in new business.

Talkdesk review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Great for integration"

What do you like best?

Desk integration and call recording links

What do you dislike?

Reporting and Dashboards need help. Changed made in dashboard are terrible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know their reporting limitations as well as dashboard limitations

CSR time saving with desk integration.

Talkdesk review by Administrator

"Appreciate our current CSM support! "

What do you like best?

I appreciate our CSM and his ability to support us with our questions in a timely, direct manner

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately we have not been able to have all the features implemented as promised and discussed during on-boarding as well as downtime.

Cloud based integration with SF

Talkdesk review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great potential. Never got a chance to gain more hands on"

What do you like best?

The ease, integration to current system and free support. Great comms and interface was perfect.

What do you dislike?

Trial period was at a bad time and never got the hands on time I would have liked. No issues or dislikes to TD though.

No problems as above other than lack of time to fully test it out. Benefits are the report capabilities

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this platform is really easy to use and doesn't need any training.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is laggy and is slow to sign in.

We use it to communicate with clients and benefits are there that it is multi-use.

Talkdesk review by User

"first time user, easy platform"

What do you like best?

Its very simple to use and information is easy to find after a call is over

What do you dislike?

i have to refresh to see the call history

i work in customer support and we help people with the card service we provide.

Talkdesk review by Consultant

"Has its ups and downs"

What do you like best?

Ability to replay calls and record the entirety of the conversation

What do you dislike?

Dropped calls! Its terrible when you have customers upset at you for having to call them multiple times

being able to reach clients and record conversations properly for QA

"talkdesk review"

What do you like best?

I liked that it integrated into salesforce and connected to our wireless headsets.

What do you dislike?

The call monitoring was just awful. It froze all the time and was bad for managers. I wouldn't recommend.

generating more sales

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Talkdesk Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of the software and their overall support team

What do you dislike?

Transparency with billing and their reporting needs work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration with Zendesk to create service tickets for phone calls.

Talkdesk review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Similar to most other softphones"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, full of features and easy to configure

What do you dislike?

cost with the subscription model can be high

Looking for cloud and maintenance free solution for Customer care

Talkdesk review by User

"Good at being efficient "

What do you like best?

The tracking abilities that we are able to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customer info does not come up until after a call is answered.

Not solving problems,.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Administrator in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Easy setup and really efficient customer support tool!"

What do you like best?

Easy setup w/ the help of Talkdesk team ( 5 min)

Redirect call according to customer's country

Define customer support schedules and availability.

What do you dislike?

It's rare but sometimes we have problems w/connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

It's the tool that customer use the most to contact us.

It's helps us manage efficiently customer support in different languages.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"reliable service"

What do you like best?

easy and quick setup, reliable software

What do you dislike?

i had some trouble with call quality at the beginning and we got charged a few times mistakenly

we have a lot of virtual assistants and freelancers. they are working using talkdesk

Learn more about Talkdesk

Talkdesk Videos

Learning about Talkdesk?

* We monitor all Talkdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.8