Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

4.0
(108 reviews)

World's Leading Cloud Call Center Software

Work for Talkdesk?

Learning about Talkdesk?

Talkdesk Reviews

Ask Talkdesk a Question
Showing 110 Talkdesk reviews
Talkdesk review by Rachel P.
Rachel P.

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like that it looks clean and put together. It gets the job done! Excellent tool for helping my company provide top-of-the-line guest service! I think Talkdesk's support puts the company above and beyond competitors.

What do you dislike?

It is generally user-friendly, but I think it could be even more so! I would like to see more features included with Talkdesk. It would also be nice if the integration with our data base could be even more seamless than it is. It can sometimes be buggy and have issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that any system you'll use will have it's issues, but Talkdesk has great support and almost immediately resolves issues.

We used to use different cell phone numbers and iPhones to receive calls for all of our locations, but with this, we can have everything in one place. It has been absolutely wonderful in that sense. It has helped the company I work for with our huge customer base.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Talkdesk
Talkdesk review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"Excellent service and product!"

What do you like best?

We've used Talkdesk at the two organizations I've run for two reasons: 1) their onboarding guidance and continuing support are stellar and 2) the VOIP platform is reliable, easy to integrate into our other tools, and quick to learn. Talkdesk is perfect for a small business that needs to scale their support infrastructure without breaking the bank.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a stronger integration between Talkdesk and Zendesk where I could take live notes during a call that would pass over to Zendesk once the call is complete and logged. More robust reporting would be ideal as well, but it's not a game breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should do your research and find what works best for your organization. If you're a small or medium business, Talkdesk is a good fit due to its feature set and cost.

Talkdesk allows our small company to affordably offer phone support to our customers. As we grow, Talkdesk enables us to scale our support offerings.

What Auto Dialer solution do you use?

Talkdesk review by Yadira V.
Yadira V.

"How We Make Calls"

What do you like best?

I love that it is very user friendly. Everyone I have trained on it picks it up very well! I love the monitoring feature, it helps me when someone from my team is handling a tough guest situation.

What do you dislike?

I feel like it is difficult to take notes while you’re on a call. We also have to go into our crm (Salesforce) to manually save the guests’ name because we don’t have a way to do that through the web mode. The widget does let you buy it was creating two profiles for every one we saved a name for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy tool to use for making calls and receiving calls over the internet.

Our phone service level is at an all time high. We have been able to centralize our company’s phone calls. Which makes it easier for us to truly serve our guests and deliver epic guest service.

Talkdesk review by Travis M.
Travis M.

"Great Phone System for Small-Medium Departments"

What do you like best?

I most appreciate the ease of administration and roll out. We are able to easily add/remove numbers, agents, IVR options, etc as required based on operational needs. The provided reports also allow us to analyze our performance quite well. TalkDesk support has been very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is no direct connection to Power Bi. This would be useful for our organization to perform more advance reporting without having to utilize exports. The reporting snapshots provided are great for spot checking certain aspects of phone performance, but increased ability to compare the data within the reporting section would likely improve their usefulness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with the TalkDesk team certainly. They can arrange meetings with comparable organizations to allow for more in-depth conversations on their experience. Also give the trial a shot with a portion of your department to see if the platform will meet your requirements.

We use TalkDesk to manage all of our Customer Experience inbound and outbound call needs. We have benefited from the ability to monitor real-time phone call activity, as well as the ability to report on our performance from large overviews to granular details. Additionally, TalkDesk's support has been tremendously helpful and responsive.

Talkdesk review by Brianna R.
Brianna R.

"Does It's Job"

What do you like best?

It provides a fairly user-friendly interface and easy way to have our entire support team take calls from customers as well as return calls, all while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

The new "call bar" extension works for some of my coworkers, but not for me. It's also a little "clunky" and in the way while I'm working on other tasks. The call quality isn't always the best, but I haven't had too many complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TalkDesk is pretty easy to use, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with it. I wish it had some more features and that the extra features, like call forwarding were a little easier and more straightforward, but they seem to be going in the right direction.

We started using TalkDesk as a way to integrate a phone system for our support team who all work remotely. It makes it easy for us to answer customer calls as well as return them, without having to be locked into a landline or use our own numbers, and provides customers with toll-free-numbers that they can call to reach us.

Talkdesk review by Alyssa A.
Alyssa A.

"TalkDesk for Phone Support"

What do you like best?

TalkDesk was one of the easiest solutions we were able to set up in 2017, and looking back we're extremely happy with our choice. After interviewing our agents they continue to rave about the ease of use, how easy it was to actually adopt the product, and how great the integration with Zendesk works!

What do you dislike?

Nothing huge to dislike according to our agents besides the inevitable errors from a web based tool. Those usually fix themselves and everyone can return to their routine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've really enjoyed working with our CSM at TalkDesk who has kept us up to speed with all the new releases and what is upcoming.

Before Nov 2017 we did not have phone support. We knew we wanted to offer this solution for our customers and decided to couple it with a new success program offering which customers pay for. We have 3 different tiers and customers have access to phone support (priority phone support in the higher prices tiers) and sessions with Customer Success Managers. We've had great feedback from customers who enjoy being able to call with customers and it has helped increased our ASP.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Good product that will great in time."

What do you like best?

The IVR setup was very customization, especially when integrating with Salesforce. My background is not in call center setup, but I was able to figure out how to do this.

The call metrics, both historical and live, are instantly available as soon as we turn on.

What do you dislike?

The custom call metric reports are nice, but not easy to if you need to manually change. The reports are very ridged and I eventually decided it was easiest to pull all the call data into excel. I hope future updates make this easier to manipulate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every month Talkdesk is releasing a ton of new features, and is getting closer and closer to be truly great!

We were able to provide our an IVR to our 800 number immediately. Once this was put into place we were able to monitor our departments to find out how improve our service levels across the company.

My executive reporting became much easier with call metrics at my finger tips. We were also able to find individual call center representative metrics, making it easier to improve and coach our staff.

"Meh"

What do you like best?

Quick and knowledgeable Support team. Pretty intuitive and easy set up.

What do you dislike?

Buggy as hell. Calls drop, agent can't hear customer, customer can't hear agent, agents receive calls while in not ready state, agents receive multiple calls simultaneously, phone stops ringing so agent doesn't know they're receiving a call, stop recording stops working randomly, random agents will just stop receiving calls despite there being no change to their settings... and that's just a few!

No way to export or import agents to make changes en masse yourself - you have to send a request.

Out of the box reporting is terrible. No drilling down on historical call data within TD - you can only filter by ring group and there is no ability to sort requiring you to export ALL the call data in order to drill down or filter (sometimes I have to do this multiple times a day to get basic info like when was the last time agent X received a call). Even if you use filters before exporting, none of the filtering carries through on the export you create.

Simple call center functionality is missing - if an agent tries to transfer to another department but everyone in that department is busy, they receive an error message. It should do what every other tool does and place you in queue until the next agent is available. As a workaround, agents have to call the actual phone number of the department and sit in queue, but that messes with the reporting. When making outbound calls agents are unable to select which ring group's ph# they want to appear on their caller ID. No overflow - let's say your IVR has 2 options and the customer presses option 1. If no one is available, the call will sit until one of them becomes available. There needs to be a way to have those calls go to the next available agent instead of waiting for someone with that exact skill.

Skilling - The more ring groups (skills) an agent has the fewer calls they receive. When you're managing several languages (which may have different goals) and skills (which may have different goals) across multiple call centers globally (which may have different goals) and you can't export your agents at will to view and adjust holistically, figuring out how everyone should be skilled to meet your goals is quite challenging.

The provider is aware of our issues and are working on fixes, but it feels like a big step backwards for us and I have little confidence that the aforementioned issues will be completely resolved any time soon. CCaaS providers typical response to the reporting issues is "it'll do exactly that, you just need to integrate with X tool." But they don't say that X tool also sucks out of the box and that you'll have to pay them or some other developer or consultant to get you what you want. CCaaS providers need to do more feature benchmarking - they should see what the companies that have been doing this for decades offer out of the box and do a better job of providing similar.

I'm only scratching the surface of our issues with this product. I spend an inordinate amount of time chasing issues, troubleshooting (if I get told to clear cache and cookies one more flipping time), and following up. If it were up to me, I would pay more (maybe even significantly more) for a provider that has been around longer and offers a more robust solution. If you need something very simple that can be set up fast, this might work. As soon as you start adding complexity, it falls apart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find someone with a similar setup to your own who uses TD and see how it works for them. Do a long hard analysis on the costs of going with a more established provider vs the costs of going with less established and more development intense provider. Request a working demo and do more of a side by side comparison to your current provider. If you've never worked with or selected a telephony solution, hire an independent consultant with lots of experience so they can tell you what you need.

Was supposed to be less buggy than previous provider. Probably same amount of issues, if not more. No benefits yet, only issues.

Talkdesk review by Becky Jewell L.
Becky Jewell L.

"As Good as It Gets"

What do you like best?

I can count on Talkdesk to get me through calls simply and easily, with no drops or interruptions. It's easy to log a call with our Salesforce integration as well, and see a history of calls. The Salesforce integration is big for me and my team - we don't have to spend time logging calls - instead, we just click a button and the call is there in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the audio will fail on my end, so I'll end up calling someone only to have them not hear me. I think Talkdesk could fix this by searching for defects with audio hardware such as headphones/microphones. I know this has to be really difficult to build into Talkdesk, though, since there are only a million kinds of headphones/mic sets that users might be using.

Talkdesk is a really easy interface that is dead simple - I don't have to worry about scrambling through a complicated interface in order to make a call. It's as easy as picking up a phone.

We've realized the benefits of call tracking in Salesforce and the time-saving aspects of this integration have been helpful.

Talkdesk review by Ross R.
Ross R.

"Great for managing external calls"

What do you like best?

It was easy to set up and easy to manage. We don't often use the online portal, we just run our 800#s through TalkDesk and then have them forwarded to our cell phones. If we aren't available, we get voicemails left through TD as well. But for our needs, it's quick and easy, and reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Since we don't use the online portal except to make payments, our major interaction with TD is the phone tree and voice mail systems, both of which work just fine.

Cheapest 800 number management we've found. Reasonable per minute rate, low monthly fee.

Talkdesk review by Jake S.
Jake S.

"TalkDesk - Convenient but lacking in quality"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and convenience. The reporting and analytics is also a good feature.

What do you dislike?

The inconsistency and call quality can be frustrating. People on the receiving end of my calls frequently have a hard time hearing me and my voice can cut in and out. There is also a noticeable delay when other's answer my calls and I often miss the first few words they say after answering.

TalkDesk allows a large number of sales reps and account managers to make calls every day. It also enables us to record and monitor all the calls.

"Talkdesk"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Talkdesk

Talkdesk review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wonderful, dreaming,and out of this world. "

What do you like best?

What i like the best is, everything about TalkDesk is perfect. They help you out so fast and they get the job done within 5 minutes. They also go live with you if anything goes wrong. Stay login in to your email and they send you one back quickly. There work is so fanstatic and unbelievable. There work of line is just great so people should feel inspired by there work. You'll Love it i promise. Think about the work they do the effort they bring to the table. You will be surprise i guaranteed it.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about TalkDesk. There is nothing here negative about it. Its just so wonderful. I don't think no one who uses TalkDesk and if they have an issue they respond within minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TalkDesk is wonderful if we all love it, so its the best out there. TalkDesk shows us the thing no one else can show up, they go live with you and help you through every process there will be. Us TalkDesk, because its wonderful and if i love it, you all with love it as well.

TalkDesk provide an experience i would never imagine. They help in any way possible to get you using TalkDesk. I have realized that they get the issue fix so quickly and have you up and running within 5 minutes. There is no solving without TalkDesk. Its just so amazing and great and gives you hope.

"Works well enough"

What do you like best?

It's great that I can see which agents are online/available. Our team is small and doing many things, not just support. So, because of that it isn't a home run for us. This tool is - reasonably so- probably intended for larger call centers where all they do all day is take inbound calls.

What do you dislike?

switching from web mode to widget mode is easy to miss. My agents forget this sometimes and don't hear calls ringing as such. I don't think there's a way to have a different greeting play when the queue is higher or if all agents are on another line. That would be nice for us since we are a smaller team, and when we are maxxed out we don't have another 10+ agents who might be able to hop on after finishing their calls. i.e. Hi there, thanks for calling X. We're experiencing a higher than usual call volume. Hang tight or email us at ...

It's helpful for seeing who is calling, so long as you've taken the time to add the contact in.

Talkdesk review by Administrator

"Talkdesk is great for a call center environment"

What do you like best?

I love that Talkdesk is cloud based. As long as you have access to the internet, you have access to Talkdesk.

What do you dislike?

Talkdesk is improving their product rapidly, but some of the features I'm looking for are not expected to come out tell early next year. I am hoping for some improvements in their dashboard customization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking a good look at the support you are receiving with your current vendor, and with those you are comparing against Talkdesk. Talkdesk has great support, and in the end, that is one of the most important attributes of any provider.

We partnered with Talkdesk to help our inside sales and service agents. They needed access to a tool that would integrate well with our CRM. Talkdesk integrates very well.

"Talkdesk calls"

What do you like best?

It is SO easy to use and understand. Easy to open on your computer and use for any calls you need. It tracks voicemails and calls and the reporting is easy to understand also. It is easy to listen to voicemails and see who called you back which is important for sales and to follow up with missed calls. It also looks nice and easy to use without being distracting.

What do you dislike?

When making calls to other countries, there is a lag and it makes the calls awkward when you are talking over the other person. Sometimes this happens on normal calls as well but you can restart the app or your computer and it is usually fixed. We log calls as well and the about of calls we do is the main metric to track our success and sometimes it does not log but that is easily fixed when restarting the app. I do wish the dial tone was customizable or different because it does get old after awhile.

Easy to call any number and log the calls. Our operations managers are very knowledgeable about Talkdesk and can solve most things. I go to them with any questions i have.

Talkdesk review by Zeke J. S.
Zeke J. S.

"Talkdesk is our #1 Solution"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk has been an amazing solution for our Call Center Operations at Insightly. It offers a clean interface, strong integration and solid support when we need help. Our deployment was painless and we got off the ground under budget and ahead of schedule. Our renewal was painless and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Wish they had a mobile app but I know this is in the making.

We didn't have phone support prior to Talkdesk, our customers now have access to call our tech team directly.

Talkdesk review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"The best call center tool, my company has deployed so far."

What do you like best?

The ability to have in control the quality of calls, through the recording feature and the fact that I can pull out customized reports for my team. Makes it easier for me to manage and improve my team.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there there's nothing I can think of that this product does not have it. So basically nothing, I'v been using other similar product cheaper versions but none of them has suited the needs of my work as Talkdesk does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best contact center tool in the market

We use Talkdesk to make inbound and outbound calls, with customers and partners. Customer Support mostly, but we use them as the only tool to connect with partners on daily basis.

Talkdesk review by Mark T.
Mark T.

"Excellent product that requires further refinement. "

What do you like best?

Excellent support and communication from start to finish, all the various abilities to integrate with different technologies and also the ease of using the system from both a back office and user point of view.

From an admin P.O.V the whole system is a piece of cake compared to say your traditional SIP trunk or PBX system which if you have ever used are a complete nightmare and generally the opposite of useful (looking at you Mitel & Panasonic in particular!). There are other systems a bit like Talkdesk in the emerging SaaS phone based market but very few have such an array of integration possibilities and with the imminent release of an API I believe things can only get better in this arena.

What do you dislike?

The system is not fully developed to its full potential, yet, and the future development road map could be better highlighted and organised for clients such as us who have a hectic development schedule to be better prepared.

Callbar which is their Chrome widget that sits aside the browser still needs a lot of work, you can't for instance search for a contact yet and you basically have to copy and paste from the browser rendering Callbar fairly pointless at this point in time.

All in these are really minor criticisms to a system that at its core works as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead what you require exactly as possible and the TD team will help all the way no problem.

With our previous system things were dated and allowed for little improvement in integration with other technologies. Talkdesk is always evolving and will eventually be our main conduit for all customer communication be it via our website or mainline.

Talkdesk is a leap forward in terms of managing account managers and looking at day, weekly & monthly statistics to help the company accomplish its goals more efficiently.

Talkdesk review by Leigh M.
Leigh M.

"Talkdesk for Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to customize greetings, business hours and holiday hours as well as transfer calls between departments. The reporting feature is also top-notch!

What do you dislike?

I wish we were able to delete our outdated Greetings, Currently, you are required to reach out to Talkdesk's support team to have these removed.

Talkdesk allows us to receive inbound calls from customers and prospects. If Support gets a Sales call, we are able to easily transfer, and vice versa.

Talkdesk review by User in Internet

"I hear that ringtone in my nightmares"

What do you like best?

- No need for a physical phone.

- Dial someone from anywhere with internet.

- Listen to call recordings, monitor other calls.

- Syncs to Salesforce.

- Fast responding customer support.

What do you dislike?

- Microphone permissions issues cause the microphone to shut out with no warning. I have to either restart Chrome entirely or use the Terminal to reset audio on my Mac.

- The recently deprecated Salesforce widget was insane. If you were marked as Away in TD it didn't tell SFDC, so calls would still come in, and vice versa. But the new callbar in Zendesk is working fine.

- My dedicated phone number is not what comes through when I make a call. I'm sure this could be fixed through support but it's just another thing on my list. Not sure what that's about.

- There seems to be only one standard ring and it haunts me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say at the end of the day it comes down to little frustrations with the UI and set up. It's not the worst product out there, and it does what I need it to do - Make calls.

- No need to purchase phones.

- Allows us to revisit important calls that have been recorded.

Talkdesk review by Administrator

"A great phone system for your support team"

What do you like best?

It's super-easy to setup and maintain. We can make changes on the fly and adjust settings to serve our clients better. The automatic queue callback feature is amazing.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest solution out there. Our feature requests aren't always acted upon quickly.

We use Talkdesk for inbound calls to our customer support team. We have multiple products and have our call groups/queues set up by product. We keep the IVR slim (one option per product) and our customers seem to like how quickly they're able to get to a real agent.

We outgrew 8x8's features and were looking for a more robust call center solution. Talkdesk has been perfect for us.

Talkdesk review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Enhancing customer support through Talkdesk "

What do you like best?

I like it when I can know where a call is coming from. Numerous calls from one area help to interrogate the delivery of services in the locality

What do you dislike?

I did not like the inability of Talkdesk to compile reports to show the pattern of calls in a given period. This feature would make it easy to know the months or trading periods when the highest or lowest calls were made

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Talkdesk particularly if you want to improve the customer experience when they call your business. Its elaborate interface is easy to use and it would only take a couple of weeks before your staff is well-acquainted with its us.

We are solb=ving the problem of having to trace caller information and this has made the response efficient. Secondly, Talkdesk has made the retrieval of calls easy since the interface allows one to view missed calls

"TalkDesk Review"

What do you like best?

TalkDesk is great for small or start up businesses to funnel calls to the right teams. It can be used to monitor calls and improve agent call quality which help our company. Sometimes escalated calls need to be recorded so we can refer back to them as need be talkdesk is useful here as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact the sometimes it glitches when trying to fetch data when calls are coming through. Talkdesk does occasionally drop calls occasionally. Talkdesk sometimes has a delay in the line, making it difficult to speak and have conversation with the customer. It does rely on an internet connection, so you must have good speed and bandwidths.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes it's glitchy but overall work really well.

Managing call volumes, monitoring calls, and funneling calls to the correct avenues. TalkDesk has benefited our business to improve talk times and provide better customer service.

Talkdesk review by User in Internet

"Calling Customers Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to make international calls with ease, and record those calls for review later. I can improve my sales revenue simply by refining my technique.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Talkdesk has issues connecting calls, and calls will go through without audio on one end or the other. The dashboard will not tell you if audio is failing on either end, so you may sit there saying "Hello!?" without a clue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is actually a good product that adapts well overall to help with call velocity and monitoring.

Making and recording calls with velocity, and serving our customers with assistance teams that can be reviewed and rated easily with valuable metrics.

Talkdesk review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The worst dialer"

What do you like best?

The voicemail drop is nice. Click to call functionality is pretty basic but works

What do you dislike?

Constant issues with audio quality and the other end being able to hear me. I have tested my bandwith and am connect via eithernet cable so I know that it no the problem. I can often not go through the prompts of a digital attendant. There is very basic salesforce integrsation which calls log a task but you can not manage exisitng task or set a follow up. There is no mobile app and there is no ability to click to dial to a cell phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool seems aimed at call center environments but is not very useful to a sales floor making outbound dialing efforts. I would recommend you avoid this product as a sales team there are much better applications out there with CRM functionality.

Ask about timelines and roadmap for better salesforce and CRM integrations. Also, the development of a mobile app.

Got me.

Talkdesk review by Tyler T.
Tyler T.

"Great Digital Call Center Solution"

What do you like best?

We love the fact that it uses Google Chrome instead of additional installs. It stays in the browser which makes accessing it from multiple locations simple and intuitive.

Reliable reporting and easy to use. It's much easier and more reliable to use than our other solution.

Fast replies from account managers and support. I have nothing but good things and praise for our account manager and their support team. Always friendly, quick, and courteous, they're able to answer most questions.

What do you dislike?

No live API for custom data or dashboards. This is something that was said to be on the roadmap for Q1 2016 but we've seen no update for it.

Zendesk integration is amazing, but the CTI is limited. You can't see which ring group is being called or any tags associated with IVR choices. Agents aren't able to be prepared for the issue at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love that it uses Google Chrome as it's soft phone and doesn't require any additional installs.

Call center solution for a medium sized business. We've saved money over the competition and are happy with our service.

It's also great to work with a startup like ourselves and be a contributing member of their development. They're constantly asking for feedback and ways to improve the product.

Talkdesk review by Taylor P.
Taylor P.

"Talkdesk is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

It's very organized and easy for multiple people to see what is happening in our call center - we needed a dashboard that could help us do everything we needed and Talkdesk is just that! I also find it very simple to create new users!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were two big things -- a mobile app to make and receive calls --- and a way for people to listen to private voicemail. We are hacking the system a little and giving ALL of our employees personal access and ring groups but it would be nice to have them private.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go all in! We're like 75% in because we have to route things through our own software but if you can do Talkdesk and the API you'd really be in a good place.

We have a small support team that works from home a lot (with one member in Europe) and Talkdesk is helping us pull them all together simply!

Talkdesk review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"Nice and easy"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk has some really impressive features such as live call monitoring, phone IVR, integrations for Zendesk, a fantastic reporting dashboard, and personal voicemails and extensions. Whenever we've had an idea that would improve our workflow and efficiency, Talkdesk's engineering team has been able to customize the settings to fit our needs. The Zendesk integration is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that comes to mind is that I wish the Zendesk integration wouldn't automatically add a "fake" email address for calls. For example, it will add contact+1243435343@talkdesk.com to that user's profile. This causes a lot of suspended tickets in Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if this is the right solution for you now and as your team grows.

We're able to get customers to a specific team and employees in a faster manner thanks to the IVR option. We love the new holiday hours feature, and Talkdesk's ongoing product support.

Talkdesk review by User

"Super Buggy and Useless"

What do you like best?

Nothing, this platform is terrible for call management.

What do you dislike?

Calls are constantly dropping and if you are lucky to get a call the callers are often unable to hear you when you answer. There are also weird things were calls won't be able to be placed on hold and you have to use the mute button instead and phantom hold music will play after a call is finished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful if there was better call quality and control. There is no easy way to report tech issues to support which makes it difficult to get any answers. I would recommend trying another service as Talkdesk is not worth the money in any way.

None, this platform has been terrible for providing online tech support.

Talkdesk review by Administrator

"TalkDesk has made it easier for my CS team "

What do you like best?

I love the reports that TalkDesk provides, new ideas are always coming up through TalkDesk, their CustomerService Team is always so kind and ready to help. Our Customer Service team loves how easy, user-friendly TalkDesk is for them and when talking calls.

What do you dislike?

It was hard for our team to adjust to the new callbar system and also, Looker, I know this is new, but I wish it was explained more in detail.

Handle time, where do we need our team members, how our team members are doing. The benefits are endless because with the reports, live reporting, seeing numbers, etc, it has made it easy for us to determine what we need to do as a company.

Talkdesk review by Karanvir J.
Karanvir J.

"Positive Review"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk is very intuitive and easy to use. I really like the Reporting Metrics as it gives me a lot of useful information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is time-consuming to search for contacts in talk desk as you have to be very specific about the search criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend.

As a user, I use it for inbound-outbound calls and monitor/review with reporting metrics.

Talkdesk review by Rebbecca M.
Rebbecca M.

"My experience has been great so far. "

What do you like best?

Numbers are easy to find also easy to use, the site is very easy to work and it makes our jobs alot easier.

What do you dislike?

The loading is often very slow, sometimes it disconnects but does not show it right away. It is very slow sometimes and does not work alot of the time.

missing calls is not always a missed call but a caller hanging up.

Talkdesk review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"TalkDesk Is Pretty Cool"

What do you like best?

I love how it records your conversations! This is perfect for training purposes. Before we had to use another software paired with our current software to record conversations. That was a pain and half the time it didn't work. TalkDesk is pretty easy to use and that's awesome for our team :) We have also eliminated our issue of dropped calls!

This product also integrates with our support software and CRM! We use HelpScout and Salesforce.

There support team is great!

What do you dislike?

The integrations aren't super consistent. Often they couldn't find clients in our CRM or couldn't even connect. This is a bummer as we were looking forward to using the software in tandem to our other softwares.

The recorded messages auto populate into our support software, but don't come over with the clients contact information or any personal information. Our team has to manually find the person who did the call and have them fill out the contact info for who they talked to. This is kind of a pain to our workflow.

The product is also much more expensive than the software we were using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do note that Talkdesk is much more expensive than Ring Central. This is why our team did not full implement the software. The integration aspect is alright, but not yet seamless.

We are solving the issue of dropped calls! Our other program would frequently drop calls and during a call have terrible feedback/background noise. Talkdesk has tremendously helped in that area.

We also have training material for new reps on our team. They can review those golden conversations that our veteran team has with clients.

Talkdesk review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"Powerful Tool, Works Sometimes"

What do you like best?

The recording features, and Integrations were very helpful. It's connections to help scout and Salesforce help SOOOO much promise. Never had dropped calls, and the CRM type features are great.

What do you dislike?

The integrations rarely worked automatically, and often time calls had to be tagged and moved manually. There also was an odd delay on the calls that was about a second or longer. The solution that Talk Desk suggested required us to do massive adjustments to our internal setup, and it was frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a demo period, don't jump in with both feet at once.

Having calls recorded was nice, but served very little real world benefit. It just felt creepy by our team and customers. The integrations would be nice, but they hardly worked.

All that being said, their team was responsive and helpful, even though their solutions ultimately didn't solve most our issues.

Talkdesk review by Shane M.
Shane M.

"Great call center solution for distributed companies"

What do you like best?

The ability for my agents to be able to field calls from any of our offices or even from home. We're a distributed company with offices in multiple locations and Sales agents who work remotely. Talkdesk gives us the flexibility to route calls anywhere my agents are and I don't have to put in the traditional expensive enterprise phone systems.

What do you dislike?

Still lack a few features that a traditional enterprise PBX/IVR system has but it keeps getting better by the day and they're quickly closing those gaps.

Example:

- No skills based routing within a group.

- Ability to make outbound calls when using external phone (only works when making calls via browser)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend it.

Needed a cost effective solution for Customer Support Call center and Inbound Sales lines that could handle agents at 4 offices in two countries along with remote workers. We've been able to realize a number of benefits:

- During major snow storms our agents were able field calls from home when unable to safely get to the office.

- During a power outage at one office the other offices were able to absorb the workload so customers did not notice.

- Sales agents can field calls and get voicemails via email when on the road.

Talkdesk review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Taking Support calls"

What do you like best?

I like the online/offline capabilities and quick transfers. I also like the call tracking and user history. Filtering is great for searching back logged calls and the reporting feature for available bandwidth is helpful when determining busy hours and availability hours for scheduling purposes.

What do you dislike?

Inability to sometimes use the service for touch tone type conferencing which requires you to enter in various numbers. Also, sometimes we see that the call will ping one user and not another when one drops off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you create a map of what features you'd like and all of your number integrations to discuss with your rep before fully integrating to make sure that you don't set yourself up without the ability to scale up when you start to get an increased number of calls and agents.

fielding customers from many difference regions and product lines.

Talkdesk review by Mitchell D.
Mitchell D.

"Talkdesk experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, centralized call system and very user friendly. Easy to train new employees.

What do you dislike?

The talkdesk widget mode puts me on away while i am in the middle of a call, and as such affecting my end of week metric score.

Customer support related issues, great to multitask while using Talkdesk.

Talkdesk review by Torey P.
Torey P.

"Simple and powerful tool"

What do you like best?

This tool is very simple to set up including integration with Zendesk, our ticketing tool. Talkdesk makes it easy to retrieve data. Customer service has been quick to resolve issues.

What do you dislike?

There are some technical issues when we have the Talkdesk website open with the widget in our ticketing system.

There is no current option to see a real time dashboard of time logged in a specific pause state or status. The current dashboard is difficult to see on our monitors across the floor, so additional options for a dashboard view would be helpful.

Simplicity of the tool makes it easy for all levels of our organization to understand data. The ability to set statuses helps us track productivity in a real time and clear manner.

"Good for SMB's"

What do you like best?

It's lightweight and integrates very nicely with just about every CS application you could think of. Also, it's version of the app store is fairly robust and provides a lot of extensibility in a modular fashion which can help an organization build a tool that best meets their specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Its native reporting capabilities are limited in terms of both ad hoc and real time reports. Common call center features like skills based routing and configuring after call wrap up time are not available. We have had some issues with application responsiveness and call quality during critical business hours. Lastly, it's very difficult to find specific call recordings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what your reporting requirements are so that you can confirm Talkdesk will be able to deliver.

An easy to implement VOIP solution that plugs into the rest of our CS systems.

Talkdesk review by Janine D.
Janine D.

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

Phone system is incredibly easy to use. Way less time refreshing and troubleshooting. Call quality is A+ and the notification sounds are much less jarring. Super excited to use this now and get to know more about it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, fairly new the system but I will be back if there are issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

The roll out just took one day so if you're considering it, it won't take you very long!

Answering customer service calls, transferring calls, outbound calls.

Talkdesk review by Esteban C.
Esteban C.

"Great product if you need to make calls"

What do you like best?

First of all, the cheap fares. Also how it is really easy to use and how it has way more coverage than other similar products. The ability to record calls and go back to listen to them is great.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about talkdesk. Being an "online phone" it should be more stable. Sometimes when signal gets a bit weak it crashes and cuts calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only reason we are not using it anymore, is that we are using Bitrix24 and it includes a software like this. If you need a "call center" software. I would 100% recommend you to give it a try.

We were able to have more coverage and best rates than using Skype to make calls. Also it lets you go back and listen to the calls so you can give feedback to your employees and make them better at what they are doing.

Talkdesk review by User

"Great for our eCommerce business "

What do you like best?

-Very user friendly and easy to navigate

-Records all calls

-Good connection (as long as you have good wifi, as any eCommerce company needs)

-We can connect our off-shore agents to the same technology and transfer escalated calls

What do you dislike?

-Can drop calls if wifi gets disconnected but this is not often

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is better for us than Five9, worth checking out/comparing

TalkDesk has drastically helped us improve our quality assurance efforts, which helps us improve our customer experience through improving the quality of our calls/interactions.

Talkdesk review by Donald C.
Donald C.

"Talkdesk has improved our customer support and sales tremendously!"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick just one thing but the call Queue and Automated Call back features have helped our sales our customer support by cutting down on time returning calls. Previously people only had the option to leave a voicemail when we were on the line with another customer. That meant we had many calls to return during a typical day. When making many of those return calls we often received a voicemail which meant we ended up playing a lot of phone tag. Now we have a large number of people that wait in the Queue or enter their number to receive an automated call back without losing their place in line.

What do you dislike?

So far threre really isn't anything that I dislike. Everything we need is provided and our business is doing much better from using Talkdesk over our previous service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Switch to Talkdesk today.

Faster communication with customers, integrates into our HelpScout so we have recorded calls we can review. Also integrates with our ecommerce so we can see the customers order automatically when on the phone with them. Best platform on the market. Left RingCentral after years of being a customer. The transition to Talkdesk with as smooth as butter. Their support is fantastic. You will not be disapointed.

Talkdesk review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"A high-end call center at a great price"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk provides a high-end VoIP call center at a very reasonable price. It's really easy to setup, and the features are the same from other vendors at 2-3x the cost. Support is excellent. They're a company it's truly a pleasure to work with.

What do you dislike?

We had some challenges using SIP phones with our Talkdesk installation. Support was very helpful, but we decided it was better to switch over to their browser-based phone solution instead of working through the technical challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During your trial process, make sure you're having a group of your agents use the product. We had a few self-inflicted hiccups because I did all the testing on my own without stress testing our network. Our first day of the rollout had a few preventable hiccups.

We were able to transition our 25 person customer support team from a traditional phone system to a robust call center in a few short weeks. Our clients loved the advanced, skills-based routing, our agents appreciated the ring group options and integration with our ticketing system, and management loves the reporting options. We're very happy with

Talkdesk review by Nate P.
Nate P.

"Talkdesk: aka Mighty Joe Young, less customizable then others, but quickly improving and easier to u"

What do you like best?

The best aspect about talkdesk is their responsiveness and their product team. They have a great product, and in the 5 months we've used them they have made that product exponentially better because of their responsive support team and their accessible product team.

What do you dislike?

The think I most dislike is that they are a young company and are missing some different elements and customizable options. Fortunately, they're eager and capable to fix these deficiencies, but every so often it proves inconvenient. For example, although they have an okay callback feature, it's void of much customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using Talkdesk, simply take advantage of their support and your account representative. They have a great product but every so often have a couple of strange or hidden ways of doing things. Simply communicate with them and they'll get you taken care of asap!

Through Talkdesk we're connecting with our customers quicker, and clearer than ever before with adequate routing options. This allows us to connect the appropriate customer with the appropriate agent within a quick amount of time. Furthermore, it provides appropriate reporting dashboards to measure our success and better improve.

Talkdesk review by Gabriela A.
Gabriela A.

"Good for incoming calls"

What do you like best?

- Writing notes on the go while a call is active

What do you dislike?

- Can be slow at times, layover of close notes button is almost over the hangup call button which makes it easy to accidentally hang up a call

- Helping customers with their needs and concerns and being able to record those for later use

Talkdesk review by Alexander A.
Alexander A.

"Very good phone quality"

What do you like best?

I really like the phone quality. When I go back and listen to my recorded phone conversations, the quality is crisp. It doesn't sound like I'm using an Internet phone service.

What do you dislike?

It has its occasional hiccups and bugs when it goes down momentarily, for example, or sometimes will leave you on "After Call Work," or whatever your company has assigned for you to use after a call is over before going available again. But, other than that, the quality is really good.

We are a company whose team consists of customer support that works all over the U.S. This helps us take calls and even transfer calls to one another seamlessly.

Talkdesk review by Eric V.
Eric V.

"Talkdesk is great"

What do you like best?

Talkdesk is great, great call quality, easy to use and understand, I use it everyday where I work.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. I haven't run into any problems.

Easy to call off a computer and easy to track your calls.

Talkdesk review by Hillary S.
Hillary S.

"TalkDesk A+"

What do you like best?

For those of you who are unfamiliar with TalkDesk, you can use the product to connect with your customers in real time and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. If you've ever used any sort of outsourcing for customer interactions, you'll know that it can be pricy and ineffective, but with Talkdesk, you will enjoy all the benefits of enterprise call center software, without all the complexity.

What do you dislike?

It's still a relatively new company, and they're still branding themselves, but I think the company is heading in the right direction. The team there is quick to answer any problems that occur and are very easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're a great company to work with as they really spend time getting to know your business and your problems with your current vendor. They go out of their way to provide excellent customer service.

We switched from another outsourced company to TalkDesk about a year ago and we've seen a huge increase in customer retention and a decrease in customer complaints.

Learn more about Talkdesk

Talkdesk Videos

Learning about Talkdesk?

* We monitor all Talkdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0