The reason I chose Talkwalker was because it offers the key metrics such as no. of Buzz, Potential Reach, Engagement and Sentiments for all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, unlike any other social media monitoring tool. We can of course then plot all these metrics against topics, themes, sources, channels, custom filters, demographics, geographic, devices, etc.
There are some features of Talkwalker which I find extremely useful
1. Search queries: I believe there are nearly 100 search query syntaxes that help us to slice and dice the data almost like how we want. I have used almost all, and they all are useful.
2. Custom Filters: We can use all the search queries to form custom filters. This help us to fetch the data which is already there in our main monitor (no need to create new monitor) and then plot all the metrics against the filter.
3. Smart themes: they've recently introduced this feature, and I am fond of it. With this feature, you can see the breakdown the result and metrics by People, emotions, brands/companies, and event without even setting a search query. There’s not great accuracy in it yet, but you get the view of who are the key people and brands mentioned in the buzz.
4. Devices: This is also a new feature they have introduced. With this, you can plot the results and metrics by mobile, tablet, desktop and bots. (really helpful).
5. Content type: You can also plot buzz by content types such as pictures, videos, links, and text. They have this inbuilt in the tool, and also you can get this data by building a query.
6. Channel analytics: this is really good, it offers all necessary metrics about channels you have set. You can set channels for all social media platforms.
7. I like the fact that they are constantly evolving and come up with new features time to time which are truly useful for their clients.
8. Their support team is extremely supportive. You don't have to wait for their response and solution for hours.
There are few things I think Talkwalker needs to improve
1. Sentiment analysis: they need work on sentiment analysis by adapting new technologies and ditching old school analysis methods.
2. Data sources: Talkwalker does not offer data from Forums sites and Tumblr. For this, you need to feed external links.
3. They also need to work on accuracy in geographic and demographic data.
Study your requirement, have lot of questions and have a trial account.
We, at Repucom, have been continuously working on marketing and consumer research in sports and entertainment industry across the globe. Having great and big social and digital data, we offer our clients intelligence on fan behavior in relations with right holders, sponsors and broadcasters.