Tallie

4.0

Save time and accelerate your expense report process with Tallie -- the complete automated accounting solution for expense reports.

Work for Tallie?

Learning about Tallie?

Tallie Reviews

Ask Tallie a Question
Showing 46 Tallie reviews
Tallie review by JULIO MANUEL R.
JULIO MANUEL R.

"Useful for recordkeeping as well"

What do you like best?

The company has seen convenient to use, great mobile application! You can take a photo of the receipts with your phone and send them right there through the application or email, it is not necessary to track the loose receipts

What do you dislike?

The Tallie mobile application freezes a lot, which forces me to use the web portal. This can be frustrating when you travel and try to make your expense reports on the fly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clean interface Has an app, so receipts can be uploaded via app, emailed, or uploaded via desktop Expenses recognized by Amex pre-populates

Our refund process used to send a spreadsheet once a month and send photos of receipts in an email. The process was slow: it often took weeks before we were reimbursed. Now that we have Tallie, after sending it, you can approve and access our bank account less than 24 hours later. We love Tallie. There is not a bad word to say about it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tallie
Tallie review by Ray J.
Ray J.

"Makes Tracking Your Expenses an Easy and Organized Process"

What do you like best?

We used to have to manually collect our travel receipts and hold on to the hard copies of those receipts for a few days until our travel charges would post to our company credit card account. We would then have to take photos of the receipts - one by one - and email them to ourselves before we could save the receipt photos to our computer. We would then manually upload the receipt photos one by one to our expense report platform. This made it easy to lose track of our receipts. Often, the photos we took of our receipts weren't clear, causing expense reports to get denied so that we could retake clear photos. Tallie has eliminated this hassle and made expense reports an easy and manageable task. I like the Tallie mobile application because I can take a photo of a receipt as soon as I receive it - right from the application. I then can discard of the hard copy of the receipt immediately because Tallie has the

electronic version. If a photo isn't clear, Tallie will make me retake the picture immediately - avoiding the hassle of having expense reports denied because the pictures of receipts weren't readable. It has made it much easier - no more having to keep track of all these paper receipts. The mobile application is definitely the thing I like the most about Tallie.

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues when attempting to scan my receipts into Tallie - while I love being able to do this, it is time consuming at times because Tally often pulls in the wrong information from a scanned image, forcing you to have to rescan receipts - sometime more than once. If the scanning feature was improved, Tallie would have no flaws in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tallie is a good product no matter how often you travel because it simplifies the entire process of expense reports. It makes it so much easier by electronically tracking everything to be ready and available at a moments notice. The information is easy to pull from Tallie and run in a easy to read report.

Tallie has made creating expense reports easier on all levels. I save so much time not having to manually input a weeks of travel receipts into our system - Tallie keeps the records and makes it easy to access at a moments notice. Tallie has also saved money because I no longer have a chance to lose my receipts since I scan them into Tallie immediately - lost receipts would cost us money because we would either have to spend time tracking down another copy of the receipt or we would have to pay for it out of pocket since a receipt is required in order to be reimbursed.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Tallie review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Tallie is great for tracking expenses!"

What do you like best?

I have a prepaid card with my organization and Tallie is fantastic for tracking my expenses and submitting my receipts. The admins can turn tracking of my expenses on and off (I like it on) so it keeps track of which receipts I've submitted and which I have not! The expenses update in pretty much real-time so right after I make an expense I can upload my receipt and forget about it! As a user, I really appreciate Tallie and it's fantastic that we can use it for our nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

Tallie goes under a LOT of maintenance so you need to make sure you get your receipts in before that maintenance occurs. Also, the admins have to create categories, so if there's a miscellaneous expense you've made, sometimes that's difficult to sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Tallie, take a good look at the UI to make sure it's right for your company. There's also a lot of backend you have to do yourself, like creating categories to track receipts and expenses, so make sure you plan out your categories accordingly and ensure there are categories for most types of expenses you'll make.

We have a lot of prepaid cards given out in our organization. This allows our bookkeeper to track expenses and make sure everyone with a card is spending their money wisely! Tallie has been invaluable to our organization and our bookkeeper loves it, which makes all of our lives easier!

Tallie review by Kirby W.
Kirby W.

"Tallie"

What do you like best?

Tallie has been helpful for our team because we have several people with cards for the same account. SO we load receipt, delegate departments, all while being able to see the entire teams purchases. So I could even purchase something for a department that isn't my own without creating extra work for our finance team.

What do you dislike?

Often when I log on to load receipts and fill out all necessary information, it doesn't always save the information. On multiple occasions I have had to reload receipts on a purchase I had done so previously.

Tallie saves time for our finance team and allows the purchaser to have an organized visual of every expense.

Tallie review by MEGAN J.
MEGAN J.

"User Friendly and Easy"

What do you like best?

That it is user friendly and easy to use, all you have to do is snap a photo of receipts and send to receipts@tallie.com and they are uploaded into the correct file.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when accounting loads all the charges Tallie doesn't recognize receipts that you previous put in the system, if the dates are off. I would hope that if the value amount and business name is the exact same it would merge the two different charges instead of you having to do it manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is easy to use and you can also set up a single person to be able to manage mutliple executives epenses all under their login.

Being able to submit business expenses quicker and more accurate.

Tallie review by Dave F.
Dave F.

"Time saver for finances but needs some work on syncing"

What do you like best?

Easy to take photos of receipts and submit expense reports. App for iPhone and web interface. Can use to input mileage as well. Easy to approve and see employee expenses as well.

What do you dislike?

I have had issues with syncing both of expense reports that have been submitted and expenses. This can be confusing when switching between phone and web.

Saving time with expense reports. Generally that takes up so much time that having a digital solution is a no brainer on both the submitting and processing ends.

Tallie review by Dave D.
Dave D.

"So Easy! "

What do you like best?

One of my favorite aspects of Tallie is the one-click approval process via email. In managing my team it's great to be able to get through the approval process as fast as possible. The way Tallie approaches it is very helpful. More generally, I like the expense management experience. It's a great user experience that is easy to understand. The mobile app is great too!

What do you dislike?

The only hassle I experience is when the scanning of recipients is inaccurate. That has more to do with the quality of the receipt more than Tallie however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of products on the market so I would consider the UX and the efficiencies that Tallie provides to you and your team.

Looking to find an simple and efficient process for managing expenses across the teams.

Tallie review by Duje J.
Duje J.

"Simple to use, but user experience is sloppy"

What do you like best?

Interface is easy to use, ability to take pictures of receipts offline and queue is really helpful for intl travel.

What do you dislike?

The iOs app is not great, retains some already submitted expense reports. Also the scanning of receipts is not very good, rarely pulls the correct info from images, about 70% of the time off pdf's. Also when logging in on desktop, pressing "Enter" opens a new tab, which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software works, and is not expensive, but the UX is just not good.

Allows simple tracking of expenses for users.

Tallie review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Expenses made easy"

What do you like best?

I take a photo of my receipts, scans and saves the info or I can upload a receipt saved from my phone. It’s so easy and not time consuming having to tape all the receipts, Highlight the total amount and scan

What do you dislike?

So far none, it does the work. All I have to do is take a photo and submit

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! If your company requires expenses from employees this is such a hassle free way to go

It’s on the go, all you need is a smart phone. No more scanning (I mean who has a scanner). Receipt ink fades over time and some fades faster than others so when I get a paper receipt I just take a photo and done!

Tallie review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Intuitive Interface and User Acceptance"

What do you like best?

We implemented Tallie two months ago with very little user training required. The mobile interface is very intuitive which is used by roughly 90% of our team. The one-time administrative setup takes several hours, but once that has been completed, the interface to Quickbooks Online is seamless.

What do you dislike?

I was initially hoping to receive a discount on the monthly fees, but in reality, the useage-based Tallie pricing model is fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have roughly 35 users and feel that Tallie is best suited to firms of our size. Give it a try - it's a great product!

Tallie shares receipt images with Quickbooks - important for us since we often bill employee travel expenses to clients.

Tallie review by User in Higher Education

"Make submitting your reimbursements request easy on the go "

What do you like best?

Tallie makes it easy to submit reimbursements while on the go. Traveling a lot, this is key. The iPhone app they have makes it easy to upload photos of invoices and receipts. Tallie also notifies you if you upload a duplicate which is great!

What do you dislike?

The system can be very glitchy sometimes. Their customer support is good at informing you when the system is down for scheduled maintenance but glitches on the site happen all too often.

Managing staff who have expense reports while traveling abroad. Tallie makes it easy for those traveling to upload expenses on the go.

Tallie review by Eleanor W.
Eleanor W.

"Clunky but it works."

What do you like best?

I like Tallie because the user interface is pretty and modern. It looks cute with the little faux receipts, and the scanning feature is great and pretty accurate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on the app, you can't see past reports. This makes it difficult to see which expenses you're still waiting to be reimbursed for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The App is a little clunky and take a while to load. It's a little confusing, but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad.

We're solving the expense reports. The benefit is that I can use my phone to submit expense reports!

Tallie review by Alison C.
Alison C.

"Easy to use on the iPhone app"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use on the app. I take pictures of my receipts as soon as I get them and it automatically reads them and fills in data. I can also forward email reciepts to tallie email which is a great function.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when forwarding emails it uploads as a very long tiny picture that is hard to rwad

How long it takes to receive many expense reimbursement has greatly shortened

Tallie review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Very user-friendly, great for expense tracking!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can submit pictures of receipts. The recognition software still needs some work, but for the most part, it's been great to track receipts with.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I don't like, but I do think that there is room for improvement in the text recognition software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for businesses that need to track individual expenses!

When I travel for the nonprofit that I volunteer for, this is a very convenient way for me to submit my expenses that they are covering for me, and an easy way to keep track of what they owe me after a trip is completed.

Tallie review by Alicia Y.
Alicia Y.

"Expensing Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of uploading receipts from my phone. I can take pics of receipts while I'm traveling for business and not have to worry about carrying cumbersome receipts with me from place to place.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The app is seamless and syncs easily with Concur. I would prefer a little more usability or offline capabilities or when you have bad reception or are on a plane.

Simplifying the expensing process. I have found that people (myself included) are submitting their expense reports quicker and being paid out a lot faster. Previously folks were taking 2-3 weeks to submit expense reports. Now they are taking 4 days.

Tallie review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Tallie gets the job done..."

What do you like best?

Tallie is easy to use in terms of getting what you need out of it. If you have multiple projects that have different funds, Tallie is able to provide clarity and details in what the expense was for, which project, etc.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not friendly. Sometimes creating an expense is left out of your report and there is no way to delete additional/unused expenses. The user interface is also sometimes slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the user interface to be more streamlined. Make clear where to put titles, submissions, navigations, etc.

Expense reports are filed at the company.

Tallie review by User

"Great software for expense management!"

What do you like best?

I like that when I am out on the road, I can take care of all my expenses on my phone as soon as I get a receipt.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Tallie is the length of time it takes for a receipt to up load into the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes some getting use to but once you work with it a few times it becomes very simple to use.

We have solved the problem of employees getting there expenses report in on time. Once they have the receipt they can upload it right there and be done with it.

Tallie review by Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.

"Excellent for Accounting"

What do you like best?

This is a big time saver for entering credit card charges. We love the control this gives us and limits keying errors as well as improves on record keeping with scanned receipts.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we have is with not being able to connect a class to a job which results in corrections when the wrong one is entered by the employee.

We are improving on controls for the approval process of credit cards, improving on record keeping and organization of receipts and Project Managers have far greater visibility of charges on their projects in real time.

Tallie review by User in Research
User in Research

"Helpful software for reimbursement"

What do you like best?

Tallie is a great way for large corporations to manage and keep detailed records of reimbursements. I really liked how I could manage my reimbursement from my computer, rather than needing to personally go up the chain of management for approval.

What do you dislike?

The software was a little cluttered and hard to use when trying to scan a reciept, and I found the general layout of features unintuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get a tutorial on how to use Tallie from an experienced employee before scheduling a reimbursement because each one gets sent up the management chain for approval and you want to get it right the first time! Also helpful to get assistance the first time because some features aren't very intuitive, like uploading a receipt.

Travel expense reimbursements

Tallie review by Kiahloni H.
Kiahloni H.

"Easy receipts for managers"

What do you like best?

That you can take pictures of receipts to add or send in the accounting for reports

What do you dislike?

When things become messed up in the system. Accounts do not appear or are not available for adding reports for.

Easier to send reports to accounting

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

I can just scan a receipt and go. No need to keep them all in my wallet.

What do you dislike?

It took a little while to figure out all of the in ands outs of tallie. It seems that there is a lot that tallie can do.

I work on a team of transporters so we are always out of the office. Tallie is great for scanning receipts on the go and helping us keep track of everything.

Tallie review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Lots of features "

What do you like best?

You can upload receipts, convenient mobile app

What do you dislike?

Needs more online support. More expensive than other like-products. Harder to learn

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the support isn't great, you can get a lot of help from the forums on tallies page. Also you will be pleased with the many features and options with this program.

Easily uploaded documents and the system autofills alot of it which means for a more productive work day

Tallie review by Marziya H.
Marziya H.

"Easiest way to handle reimbursements"

What do you like best?

The receipts do not have to be scanned. Instead, we can take photos and upload.

What do you dislike?

Differentiating between two receipts needs to be improved. Marking receipts as duplicates can be confusing.

Reimbursements are easy through Tallie

Tallie review by User

"great specifically for keeping track of employee goodwill that's been given out"

What do you like best?

we use this for monitoring coupons/gift cards and expenses for in-house employees. syncs with the ios version which is KEY for monitoring mileage (you can track how long your trip is in the app just by selecting when you leave and arrive with time stamps - keeps employees accountable)

What do you dislike?

a little tricky to export but overall easy once you get the hang of it. wish there were more tutorials on how the program works so it'd be an easier transition

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

helps us keep employees/employers both accountable for honesty in reporting expenses when traveling on company time. we're able to import receipts by photo, log mileage with time stamps

Tallie review by David Z.
David Z.

"Tallie for Reimbursement of Expenses"

What do you like best?

I liked that I was available to take pictures of receipts immediately upon receiving them and able to store until the timeline for submission.

What do you dislike?

I can't recall any immediate grievances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention during orientation. There are numerous features and processes that you need to know in order to file successfully.

Was able to be reimbursed remotely through the photo and confirmation process without having to tape and make notations on hard copies.

Tallie review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Tallie Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simplicity of the main pages. It is simple for everyone to navigate through. Super user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I would complain about. Tallie allows you to upload multiple expenses, and include them in one report; making it easier to just do it at once.

We didn't have anything in place for expenses prior to Tallie. So, it is solving our expense needs by eliminating the chaos that once was.

Tallie review by Otis H P.
Otis H P.

"Tallie is Great"

What do you like best?

Tallie: Offers small to midsize businesses that are looking for online/mobile expense management capability at an affordable price.

What do you dislike?

Not suited for larger businesses with numerous users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose Tallie! You can't go wrong.

1) Product is available as a mobile app or online via saas/cloud.

2) Product is easily navigated.

3) Product offers solid integration options with a variety of accounting and ERP applications.

4) Product offers excellent training and help options.

Tallie review by User in Computer Software

"Super simple to submit expenses!"

What do you like best?

simplicity of submitting my receipts. they can be pictures or pdfs. drag and drop interface is convenient.

What do you dislike?

the auto processing of the receipts is slow and unreliable. if you can't improve the quality, then just get rid of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

from an end user perspective, it's great and a really nice time saver for both employees and approvers.

It used to be a tedious process to gather receipts and submit them to the right person. Now it's as simple as taking a few photos, dragging them to the app, and clicking on submit.

Tallie review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Tallie - a great way to track and manage employee expenses!"

What do you like best?

Tallie allows employees to take photos of receipts and submit them for reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a while for the image to process and for Tallie to convert the image into individualized expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices for other alternatives

We implemented Tallie to create a way to manage expenses. Tallie automatically converts receipt photos into expense reports.

Tallie review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Tallie - Event Producer"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, makes capturing receipts easy when at merchant locatiIns or in the field.

What do you dislike?

It seems there should be more I can do with the app, but I’m not aware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. App is great for people that travel a lot.

Makes expense reporting fast, subordinates are able to get reports in quickly.

Tallie review by User in Military
User in Military

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is a great program which is easy to use for any user. Cuts back on unnecessary steps such as saving receipts. It’s efficient automated system makes it easy to track company transactions.

What do you dislike?

Tallie could create a more in depth user profile to help employees access their spending. However the current app is a simple system that provides all the necessary accounting.

Talkie is an organized system which helps a company or business see where their budget is going to.

Tallie review by Elyse B.
Elyse B.

"Tallie Experience"

What do you like best?

ease of use... easy to categorize and do expenses quickly, ability to scan/email receipts

What do you dislike?

i can't see when 2 people that are approving my expenses and both have done so!

easing the expenses categorization, etc.

Tallie review by User in Internet

"Tallie is easy and does the job"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and I appreciate that I can upload screen shots of receipts.

What do you dislike?

The home page could be more friendly for existing users rather than the "client log in" button.

We use Tallie for all employee expense reporting

"Tallie works well"

What do you like best?

The customer support at Tallie is objectively excellent if you have an issue.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit tedious and not intuitive. Sometimes the software craps out and disconnects from your credit card.

Streamlining expense reporting.

Tallie review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Great expense reporting tool for small business"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to get everything set up and how flexible it is. For example, if I need to gain control of someone's account and submit an expense report on their behalf, I can easily do that.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the UX can be a little choppy, but it's nothing too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very good solution if your goal is to automate expense reporting within your organization.

Automating expense reporting

Tallie review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Tallie is easy to use & intuitive "

What do you like best?

I like that I can add multiple expenses to 1 report.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the interface - it looks clunky and old.

Streamlining business expenses and sending approval messages directly to manager.

Tallie review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Easy to process receipts and expenses"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use on the go -- solid mobile app, makes uploading receipts and expenses a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Interface is a little too simplified and can lag, but gets the job done.

Much easier to quickly process reimbursements and other expenses personally and for team.

Tallie review by Johanna C.
Johanna C.

"A really good expense management system."

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly, it has a mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I have not really seen any downs, I enjoy the app.

I use it for expenses reports, not any particular problem

Tallie review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Easy, does what I need it to do. "

What do you like best?

I like that It is easy to use, and the interface is easy. I travel alot and am able to upload my expenses easily and efficiently

What do you dislike?

Im not sure, I haven't tried other similar programs. I like this one when I was using it.

Able to quickly submit expenses while I am traveling. Easy for my office to get them and save/process them.

Tallie review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Expense reporting so easy"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use and uploading docs is really easy. We had a SAP based solution which was not good

What do you dislike?

Could never sync my phone and computer with the app. This should be made easier as many people were also not able to connect phone apps.

expense management

Tallie review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Not the best software"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and intuitive, user-friendly, I like the app

What do you dislike?

It's really not the best for reporting and printing things out take awhile

Recommendations to others considering the product

This isn't the best software for companies that are growing

We are trying not to use paper Excel for reimbursement of expenses

Tallie review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easy to upload receipts and process expenses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I had no issues with this application

The business used this to process employee reimbursements for expenses, being a nationwide company it helped to aggregate all the info and was easy for all to use.

Tallie review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Tallie possibly better for personal tracking"

What do you like best?

Photos of receipts and corresponding log of purchases

What do you dislike?

Seems more useful for personal than business use, at least in my organization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if these features are actually needed.

Not as many as we hoped. This in not our best way to log expenses and purchases.

Tallie review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Tallie Review "

What do you like best?

It work best for streamlining content when doing work

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit higher than other softwares out there that have the same features

It not always user friendly towards people who unfamiliar with the softwares

Tallie review by User in Higher Education

"Expanse Report "

What do you like best?

It streamline the expense report from receipt to reimbusresnemt.

What do you dislike?

Tallie is the best software I have use during the past

All expsense report and its reimbursement

Tallie review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Connects to QuickBooks Desktop"

What do you like best?

Allows real time updates in QuickBooks Desktop.

What do you dislike?

Time consuming to setup. Requires help from support.

Able to track company credit card expenses as well as reimbursable expenses to employees.

Learning about Tallie?

* We monitor all Tallie reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.