Targetprocess

Targetprocess is an agile project management software for any flavors of Scrum and Kanban. Visual and flexible support for your complex work across many teams and projects.

Work for Targetprocess?

Learning about Targetprocess?

Targetprocess Reviews

Ask Targetprocess a Question
Showing 166 Targetprocess reviews
Targetprocess review by Leeanna S.
Leeanna S.

"Work with bigger control."

What do you like best?

I have the ability to make different boards. Very easy to create our own dynamic visualizations with just a few minutes. Also I can customize anything: choose items to see, filter and sort them, customize properties, and sort how I want to view the report.

What do you dislike?

Fortunately, I don't have any errors with working units. I'm glad that I can faster to control all my important things at work and don't afraid that suddenly some problems can come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software you can promote service desk with fast way. It is easy to control requests of any kind: idea management and everything else that you need. Much better way to access your product management process from your iPhone or Android device. Simple working step on track things, add work and of course, mark things done. I recommend. That platform will make your work simple.

We have the opportunity to supply any kind of requests, search and make a vote for any good ideas, add comments and track the status of related items in this program. We like all of the steps in this productive way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Targetprocess
Targetprocess review by Scottie G.
Scottie G.

"Save your time with flexible and effective tools."

What do you like best?

I like that that all my work can integrate with our present alive tools to create a central hub for cooperation and control via our enterprise. Also, I can easy to get free of information places and normalize our process throughout my whole organization.

What do you dislike?

I can say that to use that solution is not so easy. Would be great to have more simple steps in the working process. But it is not a big problem at all because the platform works really well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software can build different broadside. Gives you a better way to share boards with any individual to broadcast info outside. Also, you can really save your working time by approach all boards from your mobile device so you can easily track things, add mark things and much more.

We can do visually control of multipurpose work. Very good ability to decrease mess and concentrate on the stuff that matter. With Targetprocess we can make it easy to get a distaste-free overview of our projects, with the ability to scale up for details from any step of the of the grade.

What Project and Portfolio Management solution do you use?

Targetprocess review by Jesica B.
Jesica B.

"Good customization all working tools. "

What do you like best?

I like to work deeper and fast and with tracking all my performance. I have an opportunity to overview all working steps and control all process. Gives the ability to be more concentrate I can more focus on more substantial work.

What do you dislike?

For all of us, I mean me and my working team we can easily to find a mistake and solved it. Very open and useful tools for all working stuff. Of course time to time we have some issues with an understanding of some software part. Will be better to make all instruction easy from the begin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful system to find and solve bugs. The general software is very useful. Gives the ability to work on a lot of important working skills. And I will recommend it to you. Very good way to manage all working team.

With all team, we can cooperate. To have a more effective report service. Good ability to install custom process. We like to use a way of searching all info. Very easy to customize the interface.

Targetprocess review by Rosann K.
Rosann K.

"Great visual tools"

What do you like best?

Helps so much to me. I can more concentrate on more important things which I need to do. I can plan the track all my activities, and get a high-level overview of my work progresses.

What do you dislike?

All of the issues we were solved with support service. From the begin was hard to find how to store bugs. But now it's very useful. I like that all my team understands it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm glad to use that software. And I will recommend it to you. Good bug tracking and able to coordinate work with our team. Has full customization a wonderful design.

To create my own functional visualizations with just one click. We can work on everything. Choosing the items to see and sort them after I can select and view the report.

Targetprocess review by Ahmad Z.
Ahmad Z.

"Fun to use, easy to maintain"

What do you like best?

High visibility of tasks. We can easily see which task is assigned to which person at a glance using the profile pictures, which I like the most. Easily customizable to set WIP and the rules around it. Overall, it has definitely contributed towards increasing our day-to-day productivity and has increased the level of transparency.

What do you dislike?

The dragging of tasks across boards is still quite buggy and lags even on the best configuration machines. This should be fixed on priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though you can definitely try out other free, but please at least once give a chance to Targetprocess. I am sure you will love it and ultimately make it your daily driver.

The only thing which I would like to advise is to see whether you can easily handle the reporting module of the application.

We are using this product as a Kanban board for our project. We moved from using Excel sheets to Targetprocess, after trying out various free alternatives. This satisfied most of our requirements except a few regarding reporting. We are still trying to create custom reports using the tool.

Targetprocess review by Evan M.
Evan M.

"Targetprocess is very flexible and accommodates our unique work flow very well."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that Targetprocess allows what I call 'inception style organization' and the entities can have many relations. You can have a project which holds epics which is made of features that are made up of stories broken apart by tasks, it's great.

I also really enjoy that you can paste images easily into the inline editor.

What do you dislike?

The only reason it doesn't get a 10 out of 10 rating is that once in a blue moon it is slow to load up and navigate. Takes a couple seconds to load maybe? Not thing biggest problem.

We use target process to manage a team of about 9 developers. It is great for keeping track of all things related to the development process and allowing product managers to have insight into the dev work without stepping on our toes.

Targetprocess review by User in Computer Software

"Very Good with Some Big Areas to Improve"

What do you like best?

Compared to several other tools I have used, Targetprocess remains highly versatile without succumbing to feature bloat. It is just simple enough without being cumbersome, which is walking a tightrope.

What do you dislike?

There are still some versatility lacking unless you're set up to doing very specific agile frameworks. Most teams have a blended approach to their unique framework, and it's difficult to get Targetprocess to always respond effectively.

One other issue is the slowness I've seen in response to support tickets. They take days and then they don't seem to really answer my question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for small teams that are growing, especially when you need more features than Trello but don't the clunkiness of JIRA.

Targetprocess helps me manage complex development cycles for multiple teams. It allows me to keep everything in one place and be a source of truth for product teams.

Targetprocess review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Great as an Administrator, Less as a Receiver"

What do you like best?

As an administrator and project manager, this program gives you a ton of opportunity to customize workflow and keep track of various metrics, either project-centric or person-centric. It works very well to manage complex interactions and gather survey/report information to help measure performance in the long run.

What do you dislike?

Emails emails emails. As someone that also receives notifications from further up the food chain, Targetprocess likes to send emails to let everyone know what is happening. Not that communication is a bad thing, but you may come back to your desk to a ton of emails letting you know that things have moved from step to step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The workflow management, project management, assignment, and task-tracking aspects of this software are fantastic. Definitely experiment with the settings and auto-generated communications before getting frustrated, as there may be a way to turn on or turn off specific messages that the program automatically sends.

We needed a more visual representation for some of our projects for both our users and for occasional external observers, and Targetprocess solved that problem. We benefit greatly from the clean layout.

Targetprocess review by User in Computer Software

"TargetProcess is a good way to track user stories and current status"

What do you like best?

It's very visual so it's pretty easy to see where a task is in the swim lanes. I've had minimal training and have been able to maneuver to do basic things like creating and editing tickets, move tasks around, etc.

What do you dislike?

The screen refresh is very inconsistent. Sometimes the screen will update right after I save changes and other times it won't, sometimes even after I do both a screen refresh (via TP provided refresh button) and browser refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using TP because the user interface is pretty intuitive and very visual. If you're a key command person, you can do that. But if you prefer to do everything with the mouse/trackpad, this tool is great for that.

We are using TP for our bug and user story tracking to help keep the company on the same page and going in the right direction. We are using it in an Agile workflow so it's a key part of all of our meetings, from daily sprint standups to backlog grooming and sprint planning.

Targetprocess review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Solid Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The "Deals, Sections, Jobs" view enables the user to view all projects simultaneously and drill down to the various levels of detail. A beautiful view which has helped me and my team immensely.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be a little difficult to adjust this software away from a programming use-case, but we have made it work just fine. It's not that big of a deal.

My boss used to write out all of our current projects on the whiteboard and try to update each project with our status of progress, but it was a mess and it was often neglected. Targetprocess has enabled us to track all projects in one easy place, with everyone on the team up to date on what everyone else is doing, and where projects are at and where they need to be when.

Targetprocess review by Joseph D.
Joseph D.

"Smart UX, fantastic customizability."

What do you like best?

Our process has changed a lot over the past 3 years as a startup. Targetprocess has handled literally everything we've thrown at it. I hear other talking about how they wanted to do a unique process in one part of their workflow, but couldn't because of the limitations of their system. That is not the world I live in. Targetprocess is built for customizability.

What do you dislike?

We used Asana previously and task creation was almost as fast as typing a list of to-dos. Targetprocess is a bit slower than that for creating multiple tasks/stories, since they reside as cards instead of just list items.

With so much customizability/flexibility, it can take some time to understand what the software can *really* do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a project/portfolio management software, particularly if you run Kanban or any flavor of Agile, you owe it to yourself to spend some time in this product. Not long ago, we looked around again at other options for cheaper. Nothing solved the problems with the same flexibility, customizability and UX as Targetprocess.

We have 4 cross-functional teams working with 4 separate processes. That has been a cinch to handle with Targetprocess. Everything from complex reporting and data insights to very custom workflows and notifications have been possible with their tools. You can even add your own mashups to extend the functionality.

Targetprocess review by Dave L.
Dave L.

"Extraordinary attention to detail far beyond its fundamental value"

What do you like best?

I'm a user experience director, so my mantra is "I fight for the user." I am certain that there are people like that at TargetProcess.

Above and beyond its fundamental value, I love the fact that there are clearly designers at Targetprocess who love their users in return. Tiny, tasteful microinteractions are all over the product. In many cases, if I think I can click or drag or otherwise manipulate something in a way that feels natural to me, I can. I very much admire the depth of thinking—and re-thinking—that goes into Targetprocess.

What do you dislike?

Very little: TargetProcess is crafted with great attention to detail. OK, maybe one tiny nit to pick, and I'm really having to dig deep to find something to complain about: It's not possible at present to create a filter that selects all entities (Epics, Features, User Stories, Bugs, etc) where you were the person who modified it since a certain date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Approach TargetProcess with a thorough grounding in agile practice: it will help you understand it, and will help you get the most out of it.

We use TargetProcess to manage the backlog in service of the agile workflow for our primary product. TargetProcess helps us gather requirements and requests (yes, and bug reports) from stakeholders, prioritize them along with new features from product management, and coordinate effectively with our developers.

Targetprocess review by Jon S.
Jon S.

"Target Process is great for Scrum"

What do you like best?

Target Process is a very robust and customizable solution for our Scrum Process. We have been able to adjust our workflow to fit our needs

What do you dislike?

it seems that the Filters and reports could be easier to understand for Non-programmers. Also, Turning requests into User Stories works well, but they don't both close when complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Target Process a shot - it can really make Project Management much easier

We use TP to manage our Web Development projects and track our priorities and progress. We can get more done in less time and have lower managerial overhead.

Targetprocess review by Raghav S.
Raghav S.

"Awesome Product ! Great Engineering"

What do you like best?

Very Intuitive User Interface.

Ease of Use

Feels like the TP team has spent time in analyzing how to reduce the how to reduce the number of operations (clicks/scrolls) for the user to get the work done.

The best feature that i like is User Story Addition / and Addition of Test cases. You can add a user story in less than 5 seconds and describe when you wish to.

What do you dislike?

View Customization is still a little complex. sometimes after customizing your view you don't see the rows generated. Its only after some experience you would understand how to generate a view. But i am sure these people will come up with the most simpler way of handing views.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My Recommendation would be

a. Please simplify the views

b. In earlier versions of target process iteration planning was simpler now i see its a little difficult.

c. We are interesting in people specific / feature specific / user specific performance reports. I have already mentioned this in previous survey.

d. Security : Sometimes we work with part time developers we wish them to just view a certain part of the project say only a couple of stories. we can do that as of now.

Earlier i used to spend a lot of time creating business requirement document no I do not spend time creating any business requirement document.

1. Add Project

2. Define Features

3. Add User Story

4. Describe User Story

5. Estimation.

Its all so simple and quick. Since Business requirement documents keep changing i put all my ideas as comments and share with the team. Once a month we review all the comments and modify the story description.

Targetprocess review by Ewa C.
Ewa C.

"Visibility and customization"

What do you like best?

The best things in TargetProcess are visibility and customization. TargetProcess provides many examples of tickets views for planning, being up to date with daily tasks or for retrospective purposes. There are different levels to look at tickets: you can easily prioritize all the tickets on a backlog and you can plan each ticket separately. We needed customization, because our workflow is always a work in progress. TargetProcess enables customization of both: views and tickets.

Besides that, the UI is very intuitive. Tickets can be written with Markdown. There is an API, so you can perform regular remote backup.

What do you dislike?

At first I missed retrospection views, but then reports were introduced and now you can e.g. make a chart of how many tickets were closed each month.

The only thing that bothers me now is the time needed to first open the TargetProcess in a new tab in a web browser. Apart from that, I see nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really worth a try and can be of much help, once you set and customize some tickets views.

We have one team with scarce number of developers but we have a lot of projects and tickets. Our main problem was filtering and prioritizing the tickets so that we don't have to go through the list of not important tickets too often. TargetProcess enables that and also provides the views to see all the tickets of many projects on one board but also enables filtering out or inactivating a project.

Secondly, Kanban boards are of great importance for us. Thanks to them we can easily change a property of a ticket or relocate a user story between features. That is an irreplaceable help when you have a lot of tickets.

Thirdly, we know it too well that tickets times estimates are prone to mistakes and thus team sprints time boundaries change. In TargetProcess it is very easy to edit a team sprint start and end time, no need to tediously go through all the tickets of a team sprint.

Targetprocess review by User

"Target Process is an excellent tool"

What do you like best?

I really like Target Process user interface, the look and feel is minimalistic, neat, fun and yet professional. I also like the fact that you can get a visual glimpse of the status of a project by using color codes and also find out who's working on what by using the profile pics.

What do you dislike?

There are some kinks that need to be improved. Very often I get an error message that goes away if I reload the page; also when you are trying to tag somebody on a comment, the editor doesn't recognize the person only until you erase the name and start over.

It would be useful for the releases to propagate to the defects, if QA team creates a defect for a User story and that user story has a release, I think it should automatically link the defect to that release.

Target Process has helped our team to have more control over deadlines and the development cycle; it has helped us to organize work more efficiently.

Targetprocess review by Hayley P.
Hayley P.

"A great way to organise your tasks"

What do you like best?

Target process makes organising and planning work extremely easy and simple. With it's drag and drop functionality you can easily visualise work flows, see who is on what story and even work out statistics.

What do you dislike?

Target process has quite a steep learning curve and there is still lots of functionality that the company I work for either doesn't use at all or uses but incorrectly. TP also has quite a lot of bugs but the support team has helped us many times when we have reported these.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be scared off by it's vast functionality, once you get over the scary UI it can do so much for you and your business.

I work for a software company and we use TP to plan/organise/distribute tasks between all our employees, as the system is so vast not everyone uses it to it's full potential and this is when we start to run into problems.

Targetprocess review by Dejan B.
Dejan B.

"Target process is top product for project and product management with intuitive GUI"

What do you like best?

I would suggest this tool to any company who is looking for not only ticket tracking but product and project management tool. It supports agile methodologies and has very good customisable GUI with plenty of variations that can help in every day project activities.

Target Process also has great blog that supports new users to faster learn and adopt to it. Also we at our companies use this blog to make i closer for our new employees to learn how to use TP and to understand the way TP organises entities (from Portfolios, Projects all the way to Task or Test Cases, Plans and Builds).

Their support also works well, they ask users to actively participate in polls and questionaries who would they want to improve the product.

What do you dislike?

Some times in last few months, there are some issues with modal views, and it seems there are some bugs in the refresh pattern of modal views they use.

Target process helps, me my team and my company in multiple ways:

- Organising projects and teams

- Monitoring work progress and processes

- Supports agile practises and artefacts

- It supports transparency inside the team

- Improves internal communication, in a simple and catchy way

- Easy export and share of views of interest for external partners makes us agile and transparent matter of minutes rather than hours

Targetprocess review by User in Computer Software

"Targetprocess makes ticketing easy as a support person and gives me an overview of sprints"

What do you like best?

I use Targetprocess on a daily basis as a support person for a software company. I like the fact that we have created custom templates and are able to differentiate between different level requests. Targetprocess gives us an entire overview of everything that is going on and what tickets need to be handled or followed up with. As a support person I am quickly filter out a particular client or request by using tags.

What do you dislike?

As a support person it can be tedious putting in a task and the UX seems clunky at times. This is definitely not a showstopper, but the UI could be a little more "light".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it as I do not know of any competitors. It's easy to see what our developers are doing in their sprints and it's easy for me as a support person to put in new requests.

We use Targetprocess as a liaison between client services and our developers, this helps us keep track of all of our 1st level and 2nd level tickets. Using Targetprocess has helped us keep track of daily tickets and the email notifications let us know when there is a new comment on a ticket. We have also integrated Targetprocess with Slack which has tremendously helped our workflow because we are constantly up to date on our tickets.

Targetprocess review by User in Computer Software

"Targetprocess is an affordable and reasonably functional tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and intuitive the swim lane GUI is. It's easy to teach new hires, and does not over complicate simple tasks. The ability for the admin to mandate a certain flow is also helpful, to keep the processes and procedures in place.

What do you dislike?

As a QA Lead, I think the testing and defect entering process could be streamlined a bit, or just made easier to handle. There are a few points where the GUI is not great (the bullet point menu for entering the details in for a test case run overlaps the Test Passed/Failed/Blocked buttons if you overlay your mouse just right, for example), and the whole test case adding process could be made easier. The import and export tools for test case / plan entering could be made more functional as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Targetprocess is definitely worth a look. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's cheap, functional, and reliable.

We use TP to ensure that the correct processes and procedures are used each time, for every story, and we use it as a sort of 'system of record' for defects, past releases and stories, and test plans.

Targetprocess review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility with most of the platform to define your own process and workflows. I really like the ability to tie into the API easily and create my own custom services that provides messaging and reporting to our team.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dont like at this point is that at the task level you can only estimate by hours and not points. This is a real thorn in the side for doing agile and getting accurate burn down velocity for our team.

As well the zoom level as incredibly annoying feature. I'd rather just be able to setup my views about what I want in a car rather than having to define what I want on a card and having to adjust zoom levels to see that. This has really screwed up communication between our teams and having people (especially new hires) know what their due dates are.

We are an agency that works with our clients long term. We are maintaining anywhere from 25-50 projects at at any given time. The amount of flexibility TP provides is paramount to that. But also there is a lot of unnecessary features IMO that just make it confusing and hard to use at times.

Targetprocess review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Agile monster"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize views and processes makes it possible to implement any development process I want. Which is critical for us, considering that we improve processes every few months. No other tool can do that and still provide good visualizations.

TP has very flexible model of tickets, I think it is their biggest strength. All benefits derive from it.

What do you dislike?

It is generally slow, faster today than a year ago. But we know it runs on IIS, and application is quite heavy which must be inherently slow.

The worst part is sharing link to ticket. It takes a few seconds to open a link in browser, once app is loaded, it is better, but still noticeable.

I don't like the closed-source SaaS model in which it is delivered. I am looking for any alternative which is open-source with similar features and will switch as soon as it arrives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search for open source alternative first. If you cannot find one, TP is irreplaceable.

TP helped us to visualize a huge backlog, prioritize it and work on items in sensible/efficient order.

Agility to change process was critical to figure out how we should approach completing work knowing that there is much more of it than we can immediately do.

Targetprocess review by Robert V.
Robert V.

"Great quality product that is continently updated and very flexible."

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system. Its great to be able to throw any workflow at it and see many different views to find the information you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The helpdesk area (requests) needs some work. I wish there was the ability to have private comments on requests, and just an overall better way to interact with our clients without them having to login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a very flexible workflow, this product is great for you!

Organizing many long standing projects at Wayne State, small projects, and incoming support requests from our clients. We've been a lot better organized because of TP3 and we're able to better handle our support requests.

Targetprocess review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"A valuable asset to a team work environment"

What do you like best?

I like the ticket card window the best, as it allows me to view all my work as a whole so I can manage time appropriately. Additionally I like that you can move the tickets to various states since that helps to keep track of where you are in the projects final goal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the tickets don't show a due date from the ticket window page. It would also be nice if they had an indicator that a new comment had been posted. That would make the system as a whole much easier to keep track of and keep information up to date.

I am a graphic designer so Target Process helps me to keep in contact with writers, account teams, and managers. With a career that requires a lot of feedback and response, target process is very effective in solving many communication issues in my field

Targetprocess review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Extremely Flexible tool for Agile teams with superb customer service"

What do you like best?

We’ve been using Targetprocess for about 2 years, and I’m a big fan of the system. We started out with just 10-12 developers working inside the tool, but once I and other department heads saw the value it brought for our R&D team, adoption began to spread pretty naturally. We now use the tool for development, customer support, marketing, our design team, and content management.

Having everyone work from the same tool has made cooperation between departments much easier. When I need to find specific details, I don’t have to track them down through different versions of the same document or spreadsheet; everything is accessible right from one place.

Their development team puts out a pretty consistent stream of new features. I was impressed when I first found the tool 2 years ago, and they’ve made some immense improvements since then. The software is very open-ended and quite powerful -- I don’t think there’s any limit to how much the tool can grow in the near future.

Overall, I’d say this is an impressive and extremely powerful tool

What do you dislike?

I do think that the UI can be a little difficult sometimes for newer users. However, this easily made up for by their superb support team. I’ve never had to wait long to speak directly to a real person, and they’re always quite friendly and easy to talk to.

Inter-department collaboration

bugtracking to test cases workflow

Targetprocess review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Targetprocess has been incredibly flexible and met our needs near perfectly"

What do you like best?

The flexibility. I loved being able to create a custom workflow and custom boards to exactly fit our desired work process. Unlike JIRA, Targetprocess was easy to customize and get set up with very quickly in an intuitive way. The UI with the custom boards is beautiful.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little bit sluggish especially during the middle of the work day. Everything is loaded asynchronously, even when it is something which could in theory be cached (e.g. list of assignable users). That said, it is not slow enough to be a major hindrance, and during non-peak hours is pretty quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Targetprocess gives you incredible flexibility but is also not too daunting to properly set-up. You can make it fit your work flow and everyone can create their own boards to suit their individual work flow.

We are using Targetprocess to manage all of our software development tasks and planning. It is working significantly better than Pivotal Tracker which we switched away from.

Targetprocess review by Phil H.
Phil H.

"Before you think "no tool will fit my process" take a look at TargeProcess."

What do you like best?

The features introduced in the latest incarnation are great for digitising offline processes. Although we were initially just using it for simple project management tasks, we've now branched out into other uses. The interface is extremely customisable, and behind the scenes a REST API allows for all kinds of extensions. The support team are great, and issues are few and far between,.

What do you dislike?

Some staff find the learning curve a little steep if they aren't already familiar with the terms and concepts involved. We've been working to train people in-house to get around this, however some kind of "getting started" tutorial content (in addition to the extensive help already available) would be great. As far as the tool itself, it's so configurable and constantly improving it's hard to dislike anything for long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work out how you're going to use it first, before attempting to roll anything out to your team. It will be more confusing in the long term to have people trying to use the system whilst big configuration changes are still going on, and it might ultimately harm adoption.

We use TargetProcess for project management, test management, timesheets, helpdesk and some sales support. It's great to have everything in one place, as it makes transferring easy and avoids length write-ups. We also run a bespoke reporting app that makes use of the API, which automates many processes that were previously done manually in Excel.

Targetprocess review by Marcel T.
Marcel T.

"Simplifies our daily work tremendously"

What do you like best?

Does all the things Trello is missing. Has a great and mostly very intuitive UI.

It's great to be able to supply every person in our team with the views which are most helpful to him/her. To be able to see all work not only in Kanban type list views but also in a timeline or a hierarchical view.

The documenting and structuring abilities are good enough so we can document software projects entirely in Targetprocess, except for wireframes and clickable prototypes for which we rely on Axure.

The integration with Helpdesk is also great, like that we can convert customer feedback directly into internal bugs and tasks and can the customer inform about fixes made and all from within the same tool.

What do you dislike?

Setting Targetprocess up is not as easy as setting up Trello, but then it is also far more powerful! There is quite a bit of a learning curve and the setup pages show that they are from different product generations. The concept of mashups and plugins adds a lot of flexibility in the way you can adapt Targetprocess to your specific needs, but it often takes a bit of searching among all the setup possibilities, mashups and plugins when you want to alter a setting later on. It's a bit pricey for small companies but all things considered it's worth its price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try with a small real world project with a small team and then decide.

We use it to manage simple website projects, managed as Kanban projects and complex long lasting software development projects managed with Scrum.

We also use it as a Helpdesk tool for our customers.

Seeing all our projects and more maintenance oriented tasks all in the same tool simplified our planning and managing processes tremendously.

Targetprocess review by Will T.
Will T.

"Software Consultancy Using Scrum"

What do you like best?

The ability to track any project hierarchy you may need.

The visual aspect of managing any portion of your process.

The ease of use for non-technical people, we have our clients using it as well as our team.

Unlimited Projects, Stories, etc.

Roll up functionality for Epics, Features, User Stories, Bugs.

Ability to define your process and what is allowed within it's flow.

User access control from project to project and role to role.

Powerful selection ability at the Project & Team level.

Amazing filtering features on just about any attribute available throughout the system.

What do you dislike?

Export capabilities without programming could be better.

Printing a project's worth of stories is difficult to do.

Lack of secure git repositories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage any kind of a project hierarchy for multiple clients Target Process does that beautifully. It's a hard requirement to meet and they do it well. Target Process excels if you want your clients to use a simple , yet powerful system along with your team. I love the visual aspect of seeing just about any type of data in the various entities throughout the system. The fact I can create a view that allows me to focus or manipulate just about anything in the system is awesome. The filtering helps make the views even more powerful by allowing you to focus on exactly what you want.

Managing multiple, simultaneous projects with one team using Scrum.

Simple exposure of our process, and sprint progress to our clients.

Limiting a client's access to only their projects.

Allowing our team to see all current projects.

Simplify daily operations by using visual representation of a sprint's progress through our custom designed Scrum process.

Ability to track burndown for all projects in a sprint or selected projects simply.

We are considerably more efficient using Target Process.

We explored more than a dozen different Scrum/Agile platforms in order to match our requirements and Target Process was the only platform that did. 18 months after deploying it we are still very, very happy with it. The TP team is constantly improving it, too.

Targetprocess review by Dmitry M.
Dmitry M.

"Perfect tool to have the work done your way!"

What do you like best?

1. Fully customized processes.

You can setup processes your way and not change the process to meek the tool requirements.

2. Process per team.

Each team can have own processes. Team processes then can match project process stages for easy reporting and managing on big projects with multiple teams.

3. Charts and dashboards.

Easy reporting and tracking.

4. Customized entities,

Not all processes work with UserStory or Bug. You can change names of entities to match your teams/processes/business domain.

5. Great visualization for project management.

6. Support.

All questions are answered quickly and professionally.

What do you dislike?

1. Licence cost :-)

If your team is up to 5 people - you can you SaaS version of TP free (at least on the time of this review)

2. Projects portfolio management is not yet fully implemented (or may be I missed the last update :-))

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and you like it.

Do not hesitate to contact support team during test drive - this will improve your test experience,

1. Software development

2. Infrastructure development

3. Non SWDev and Infra projects management (IT Standards compliance, BI and etc.)

Scope management

Stakeholder management

Prioritization

I have free account where I manage my personal projects including the ones for home re-furniture and etc.

Targetprocess review by Marek L.
Marek L.

"Targetprocess is a nice tool for development project management"

What do you like best?

I like the best the option for each individual to set up their own views, what they like and what fits them most from their perspective. I have worked with Targetprocess as both developer and manager and it fits both roles really nice.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes expect too much from Targetprocess, there are some impossible boards and functionalities that I would like to have. Some fields are not possible to put into horizontal/vertical lanes - although to give credit where it's due - they are expanding that list over time. Targetprocess is missing some features for the managers as some mass editing of user stories.

We are managing our development through Targetprocess, we also use the Help Desk features for the products we have developed and are supporting. As a tool, it fits these roles really well.

The benefit is to have everything in one place, we have multiple smaller teams that are sometimes working together on bigger products and with team workflows, definable teams and projects it is really possible to solve these problems.

Targetprocess review by Kees V.
Kees V.

"TP showing what you need"

What do you like best?

When the views are properly set-up, it shows you what you need to know. Whether you are at the stand-up, starting to work on an assigned ticket, etc.

What do you dislike?

Properly setting up the boards is not a task that I look forward on doing. Without properly set-up views you will not easily find the information you need. Fortunately you do this once for each view you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to properly set it up. Do not make your set-up to complex as this will make scaling up harder.

We are using TP to aid us in using scrum.

We started using TP with our testers and one team of software developers only. We knew that we could sell this to the rest of the software teams and that we needed a tool that can be scaled beyond software and testers. The tool is more than capable of doing so.

Targetprocess review by Joern B.
Joern B.

"Best tool for agile teams and organisations"

What do you like best?

It is possible to modify all processes in a way that it feeds the needs of an agile team. Not the tool defines your process - the team does, We have expierenced different tools, mainly Targetprocess and Jira. Targetprocess comes with the better UX, easier to learn and modify, scalable for bigger teams etc.

What do you dislike?

Working together with clients is not well supportet. They started a help desk recently - need to have a look at it. And I am missing a comprehensive role concept for clients.

We are managing our software development projects with Targetprocess. That includes agile methods such as Kanban and Scrum. Other teams (non-software development) are using the tool to organise and visualize their tasks.

Targetprocess review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Super flexible product and project management"

What do you like best?

A lot of product management tools force you into their process to use the tool. TargetProcess is super flexible and can be customized to whatever process you want to use with your team/company/group.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a flat rate regardless of role-type. For me as a PO that is using the tool on a daily basis, the price is more than fair. But, for our developers who are only using the tool to read the details and update the state of a ticket, it's too pricey.

We needed a backlog management tool. We had been using a whiteboard with sticky notes and that was obviously unscalable. TargetProcess allowed us to get everyone aligned.

Targetprocess review by Internal Consultant in Computer Networking
Internal Consultant in Computer Networking

"Great project management...even if it's a bit much."

What do you like best?

Professionally, I like being able to keep track of all the tasks and responsibilities of me and my team members.

Personally, I like the sense of accomplishment when i see a bunch of completed cards at the end of a Sprint.

What do you dislike?

Our version is highly customized and has way too many options that i never view or use. It's visually a bunch of clutter down the left hand menu with largely unnecessary choices. Also, the siloing of teams and members seems unnecessary as well, since people outside our work unit often get pulled in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful for project management with high volume and many team members.

We have a very high volume of data requests in Marketing, and we use TP to list and prioritize these requests. At a glance, we can see when a team member is overloaded or under-assigned requests.

Targetprocess review by LISA S.
LISA S.

"Target Process & Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

That is seems to capture all the elements needed to have multiple teams and business areas review the details, criteria, action plan and that we can all experience this communication in one place via requests, stories, tasks, etc.

What do you dislike?

The search feature in TP3 is hidden, unlike in TP2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If a company is looking to cut down on disturbing others during their work day and will use TP as the source of all information, they will find their productivity is increased.

Having one collective place to work a user story so communication does not get lost, or in the case of email folks get dropped from an email conversation but as long as that user is in TP they are in the loop. Less running around the office to visit others to discuss user stories and criteria, which equates to more productivity.

Targetprocess review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Great tool for project and team management"

What do you like best?

The custom view creation tool is exceptionally well thought out.

What do you dislike?

The object structure is sometimes a little restrictive (eg: no way to have 2 tasks from the same user story in 2 different sprints)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've adopted the agile methodology, I see no reason to at least try out Target Process for a sprint or 2.

All our project management and bug logging is done through Target Process.

Creating bug reports and attributing them to different developers and QA engineers is fast and easy.

Once you setup up your views the way you want them, finding the information you want is quick and painless, allowing you to get back right back to work.

Targetprocess review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"Target Process nails the Kanban Process."

What do you like best?

We have been using Target Process for 3 years. Over those three years our development as gone from just a handful of developers to multiple teams in several departments. As a result our development process has changed significantly since the first day we started using Target Process. We haven't run into a situation where Target Process as failed to met our changing needs.

What do you dislike?

One area I wish Target Process was stronger is in the handling of new requests from our stakeholders. Target Process does offer a secondary product called help desk that is designed to help with these types of requests, but it hasn't been updated in some time so it doesn't have near the level of polish the main product does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an idea of what your process is, or should be before you move into Target Process. While Target Process is more than capable of adapting to just about any situation. If you have good idea of what you want your process to be the process of getting Target Process will be pretty straight forward.

We moved from a whiteboard with index cards to Target Process in a little over two days.

I don't think there isn't a part of the development process that we aren't using Target Process for.

We used the API Target Process offers to create our own request system.

We use it for time estimation and for sprint planning.

The developers use it on a daily basis. The user story holds all of the details needed for development and we use the comments system to document any communications between all the parties involved with a given user story.

The developers also track their development time in target process.

We also use the reporting to generate various reports for the stakeholders.

I can't emphasize enough how nice it has been to be able to do all of this out of a single system.

Targetprocess review by vinoth j.
vinoth j.

"One tool for everything"

What do you like best?

Before we got introduced target process to the team we have got different communication channels for customers, development team, support team and so on such as email, SharePoint, ticketing system.

But later we realized with this tool we were able to achieve all the above and we have all the information/document in one place which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it looks like it is so tough for the newcomers to understand and to start working on this ticket.

Since we have customized our own board this is always challenging with the minimal documentation.

Managing demands, Application development, Testing, application support and documentation.

Targetprocess review by Earl M.
Earl M.

"Great but not perfect."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy to keep track of tasks, they have good support, and that it is very flexible.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that every time you drag a card that the columns readjust and you end up dropping the card into a column or row that you weren't intending to. That there is a steep learning curve to setting up different views.

Target process helps keep the team on task, and helps keep track of not only which tasks need to be done but allows for the managing of how many hours it takes to complete a task.

Targetprocess review by Imad S.
Imad S.

"Loaded with Features, Fast, Smooth, and get the job done"

What do you like best?

amazing support, responsive and almost immediate problem solving.

Live Chat sessions with their support are always fruitful, most of the times, 3 minutes into the session, the questions Is answered.

TP team provide support for technical issues, and help you get things done with TP (in cases where you are not able to figure things out on your own)

The product is very easy to use, no training needed. Team members can just get things done without TP getting in the way.

The new features and development cycle is great, and they kept the software fast, reliable with no noticeable bugs.

I am using TP since 2007, and I have carried it over with me to two companies, suggested it to my colleagues, and I continuously use it.

They have the most friendly and responsive, and knowledgeable team.

What do you dislike?

I cannot keep up with the new features. (maybe this is a positive).

it doesn't work well with IE 11. I am working on Microsoft Edge now, and I doesn't work as good as expected. They have great performance on Chrome and Firefox.

need more support for Microsoft products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use it, you will stick with it.

The most important part is the human interaction, how you feel that the TP team doesn't only sell you licenses, they extend their support to helping you getting your job done.

1. Project management --> smooth especially with reporting and planning features

2. team management

3. Bug tracking -> easy, straight forward, testers and developers do not need any training beyond the process/workflow

4. Documentation generation

Targetprocess review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Target Process - where you can track your progress"

What do you like best?

I like the way the data is represented to the end users. And the filters option to sort out based on queries.

It is easy to use and more understandable

What do you dislike?

When it comes to performance target process needs to improve a bit. As testing engineer, our daily work is dependent on target process and we face in performance issue sometimes like unable to upload attachments, unable to change the status of bug.

Apart from that everything seems perfect in target process

I am testing engineer in caterpillar. I will deal with testing the functionalities of the software, whenever i come across any issues, i will raise a bug and tag it to respective developer.

with the help of target process I can track all my activities by using the filter query option, which helped me a lot.

Targetprocess review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Works great for our needs"

What do you like best?

It makes daily stand up a breeze. The drag and drop interface is great. You can customize your views and cards to fit your needs.

What do you dislike?

I would really love it if it was easier to split stories that we could not complete all the tasks in one sprint. Right now I find myself manually creating duplicate stories and moving the tasks to the duplicate stories in the next sprint.

This tool allowed me to stop hand writing tasks and stories on physical pieces of paper. My handwriting is terrible. It is also nice to have a digital backlog and sprint history so that we can always find old tasks and link them with our build server once the code changes associated with a task make it in a build.

Targetprocess review by Aaron C.
Aaron C.

"Targetprocess is our go to tool for planning all our daily tasks."

What do you like best?

We love having the ability to utilize a kanban process for all our support tasks and having the scrum process for our software release planning. It gives us so much flexibility to set up our own processes without being tied to one someone else suggests we need.

What do you dislike?

Having so much flexibility with processes/view/card design it can quickly become overwhelming. We also find it hard to find tasks and views. We find it hard to keep things organized at a high level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to go through the user guides which are very helpful in getting set up and started.

We utilize different processes for different types of tasks and Targetprocess gives us the ability to create and utilize our own processes how we need them.

Targetprocess review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Almost a great product"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to tie test cases to specific user stories.

What do you dislike?

There are several things that almost work the way I want except for one key thing. For instance, splitting a set of stories across two teams is kind of painful. Also, I liked the old TP2 interface and I miss having access to it. Searching by tags isn't intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Targetprocess is probably more effective for teams that use Kanban or other "card oriented" development methodologies. It is better if you have a single team working on each project. When there are multiple teams trying to access the same stories, things can get complicated and a little clunky.

We use TP to track our work. We are an Agile/Scrum organization, so TP is the primary way we track user stories, test cases, epics, etc.

Targetprocess review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Targetprocess for Project Managers and SCRUM teams"

What do you like best?

TP makes it easy to associate work with major feature objectives and then track the work's development progress. TP also integrates with a host of other work/code management platforms that makes it easy to use as a central place for work requests.

What do you dislike?

The custom reporting elements of TP are clunky and seem more like an after thought then a fully realized feature. There are very basic reporting functions such as average time in state, etc. that you cannot do. It definitely a miss given that the platform specializes in work management. The notification elements of TP are also clunky - either you get too many notifications (notified about everything) or none at all. It can make it frustrating to quickly track updates on your own work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do complex reporting, I would advise integrating Target process with another platform that specializes in that. Otherwise Target process is great for work tracking purposes.

We use TP to run our SCRUM sprints. It definitely helps us stay organized, plan for future sprints, and keep track of the progression of current sprints.

Targetprocess review by John H.
John H.

"Target Process is a great product with new features added on a regular basis"

What do you like best?

I love the product. I have been using it 3 ½ years and recommended it to my present employer when I started in my position here over a year ago. It is extremely configurable. Because of the flexibility and configurability, we continue to expand upon its use and are doing things I'm sure they didn't intend. … The UI is beautiful. Our CEO wants to steal their UX team. They do a great job with pumping out new features on a regular basis. The product is extremely stable, and that includes their hosting service.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, although we do have have wants for features not yet available. TP is good about listening and has even had a rep contact us to listen to our requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to configure the system to fit your needs. there are process templates available which can be copied and modified for use.

We are currently managing all of the work of our Dev, BA and QA teams, as well as product management. We are expanding our use into operations for change management.

Targetprocess review by Zoltán S.
Zoltán S.

"TargetProcess - Great help, if you develop software with agile methods"

What do you like best?

The concept of board with customisable cards is absolutely great. Entity types, extensibility is also great!

We use the software for couple of years now, without any major issues, which is a big thing for us, as we use the software within the company daily based, pretty heavily.

Targetprocess, as a tool really gives us the flexibility that we need from such a tool, perfect match!

What do you dislike?

Actually I cannot really highlight anything, that I would dislike or has been annoyed by - nor now, neither in our history with Targetprocess. Of course I would like to see some more great features - who not? - but the tool now covers well our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as I know, for a limited smaller group (maybe up to 5) you can use or try targetprocess for free. We tried to implement our workflow in TargetProcess, after going through the most essential parts of the manual, we could make a successful implementation easily. Later on, we learned couple of great tricks with the new versions, that we adopted early. So in short: try it, try a few software packages that are the closest to your needs and then decide what fits your needs the best!

Our company, Nebu, is software and related service vendor for the Market Research industry. Having a good project management tool that is developed for agile methods, for us is essential: we develop software in scrum and scrumban method and do service activities in Kanban - how we phrase now, everything must go through this tool, "there is no life outside Targetprocess"

Targetprocess review by Artas B.
Artas B.

"Great project management app"

What do you like best?

By now I went through five or six popular project management apps, including Jira, Basecamp and Trello and I was always highly frustrated by different aspects of using them. Target Process (TP), on the other hand, makes it very easy to manage a wide range of projects in the app. This ease of use is not accidental, rather the people behind TP listen carefully to their customers and iterate on the feedback. As a result, you have the application, which allows you to define your custom project structure, create a one-off or permanent dashboard and switch between different ways of looking at the same data.

Not to underestimate, TP is a very visual and easy to navigate app, which is a permanent headache with many other competitors. One thing that I would like to add with the benefit of the time is that TP does not stop - we regularly see new updates, bug fixes and useful features added to the mix, while less successful features get removed. Plus, their support reaches out to customers proactively and tries to understand what makes the application useful for your specific case. So all around a great choice for project management.

What do you dislike?

I've heard some people in our team groan about TP saying that it is hard to grok and every time our follow up discussion would lead us to the same conclusion - project management is a complex discipline, so if you project is complex - e.g. has many different stories, to be done across many iterations, with each story forced to go through a number of phases - it's not the fault of the application.

Having said that, one thing I would like to see improved in the future are load times. When you use the app for the first time it takes some time to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your projects and internal processes well before jumping into the Targetprocess implementation. Also, prepare to invest into training TP users, because just leaving them to figure the system out by themselves will not lead to anything good.

We have a number of different projects types in the company - engineering works with classical agile iterations, business works on a number of more evergreen initiatives, and office management is about handling specific requests. Believe it or not, all of those projects can be easily accommodated within the Target Process thanks to powerful customization and visualization options that it has.

We also constantly shift from solo and team working modes, that is, I might need to look at Target Process to determine my priorities for the week at one moment or sit in a meeting and look at team deliverables next, and the different visual modes it has works perfectly for that.

Targetprocess review by Ján .
Ján .

"Amazing PM software - nr.1 for me on the market"

What do you like best?

Tons of features, customizability, UI, customer support - I love basically everything.

What do you dislike?

API integration could be done better, but there is at least its existence. And in the end, WebHooks by itself are more customizable.

Price is not the cheapest, however first 1000 entities are free and this should be enough even for a large project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Initially we were using Trello, as it is clean and great for startups, however after some time we felt we missing a lot of features, e.g. roadmaps, burndown charts, start dates and similar to these. I registered to over 20 Project Management apps/software and I have found all of my requested features only in TargetProcess. Even a feature to adjust the start date of a user story/task/bug which comes really handy when moving from a different PM app (in our case Trello).

Honestly, I would suggest it to anybody - there is nothing better (currently).

Learning about Targetprocess?

* We monitor all Targetprocess reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.