Targit

Watch, track and analyze your company data with reports, analyses and dashboards from TARGIT Business Intelligence. The world's user-friendliest BI Suite.

Work for Targit?

Learning about Targit?

Compare Targit to Similar Solutions

Targit Reviews

Ask Targit a Question
Showing 11 Targit reviews
Targit review by Kolleen M.
Kolleen M.

"Love using and working with Targit"

What do you like best?

I love that we are now able to track important information that we were not previously able to do. We have visibility into the areas of our organization that were previously overlooked. The targit interactive reports let me easily drill down into areas to see more detailed information on the reports, making it very easy to identify where we are able to improve.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. I wish that there were suggestions for other areas that I could use this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend seeing a custom demonstration. Through working with Targit, they set up a demonstration that was tailored to what we needed, so that we had the confidence in determining that they were the best fir for our organization. They worked with us to show us what we needed to see to move forward. We love partnering with Targit!

We use Targit to track internal KPIs, such as sales numbers/goals/opportunities. We are also using Targit reporting for our own clients. We allow them to track KPIs that are important to them. Finally, we try and leverage Targit in any area of our organization that we can. For example, we are using Targit reporting in Sales, Support, Development, and Professional Services Department. Highly recommend them!.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Targit
Targit review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"Powerful, easy to use BI software"

What do you like best?

It's just so fast and easy to build basic reports and analyses, and the power of being able to dynamically filter all the related objects on a page just cannot be stressed enough. It changes how you think about designing reports, but it does so in the best possible way.

What do you dislike?

With great power comes some slightly limited flexibility in the presentation of data. I'm used to making graphs in Excel where controlling each individual element (like the position of each individual data label on a bar chart) is not only possible, but quick and easy. You're more limited in Targit with some of these things, but that's because charts and graphs are meant to update automatically as you filter your data. My only other gripe is that the language used for writing custom calculations in the client has a steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend as much time scoping out your requirements as possible. There were certain fields and tables we should have brought in to the solution during implementation, and while it's always possible to add them in after the fact, it's just easier to do during implementation. My other recommendation is that our approach during launch was not to convert all of our existing Excel reports to Targit (instead we chose to mostly focus on new reports), but in hindsight I don't think that was the best idea because it keeps employees in this state where they have to bounce back and forth between Targit and Excel for their reports. It would be best if employees could just stay inside Targit.

Being able to disseminate information to wide audience quickly and easily. It freed up more time for our analyst to do more complicated kinds of reports than he had time for in the past.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Targit review by Mel H.
Mel H.

"Easy to use BI Tool"

What do you like best?

Targit is extremely easy for end users. Generally I can get most users competently doing ad hoc analysis work in Targit with just a few hours of training. Visualization tools good. Dynamic time functionality is an absolute must have for any business.

What do you dislike?

Much like other users there is some limitations in building out of dashboards. You just don't have the flexibility like excel. That said it's a relatively minor issue. We generally keep our dashboards very simple anyway. Users seem to get more benefit.

There is no business function that Targit doesn't touch in our business. HR,sales, finance, manufacturing, etc. It truly has become the single source of truth.

Targit review by Jesse R.
Jesse R.

"Simplified BI "

What do you like best?

TARGIT is a very intuitive platform that allows any organization to adopt BI. It really is helping us produce more value from our data.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we did not look into this product sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to take advantage of TARGIT Proof of Concept session as well as training that they offer at all individual levels from beginners, power users, and developers in any organization.

Unified reporting structure that is allowing our organization to maintain alignment while meeting our reporting needs.

Targit review by Glenn T.
Glenn T.

"Very Good Busiess Intelligence Reporting Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use BI reporting software. Our Executives use this software every day to monitor company performance and identify issues

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive to deliver the tool to a wide audience

We use Targit to report on daily KPI across a widely distributed company with numerous lines of business. It provide a really good tool for BI reporting, KPI reporting and drilldown capabilities to identify trends and issues.

Targit review by aimee e.
aimee e.

"Great product to use."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the reporting feature on it. It makes it easy to show our companies bad and good. It also shows what we need to do to be better and what we need to work on.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it''s a little cluttered. I think the app would be better if it offered easier tabs and less info on each page. While its easy to understand I believe it would be faster to navigate this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this software. It's worth it and is better than many other software's.

I am solving my management/organization needs. This software helps our company by letting me input our info and it shows me all the info I need in one thing.

Targit review by Christopher R.
Christopher R.

"Terrific BI Value"

What do you like best?

Targit can quickly generate insightful analysis that can easily be shared via dashboard or PDF

What do you dislike?

Since we cannot "plug" numbers in Excel, we have had to clean-up our source ERP data

Customer profitability by product. Analyzed Trade Spend Promotion deals (Post Event Analysis). Supply chain insights carrier/warehouse performance.

Targit review by Johnny A.
Johnny A.

"Great tool to build dashboards"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the tool that allows you to create interactive dashboards very easily. Once the cube is developed it is easy to connect it to Targit and build dashboards very easily. I love how you can change the view of a cross tab to view it as various graphs such as bar graphs, line graphs, or pie charts to see how your data is displayed best.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Targit. Most of the requests I had by users I was able to fulfill their needs with Targit. I had some trouble working with the calculated fields to do advanced calculations, however I would do the calculates in the cubes and pull the fields as measures to resolve my issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Targit is a great tool and Targit university is great for training the developers and users. If you are looking for a tool to help you develop dashboards you should absolutely consider Targit. The users love the tool and I have had great success with developing dashboards in Targit.

I was able to solve dashboard needs for our hospital. We would create dashboards out of cubes and display them in SharePoint. Our users are very familiar with going to SharePoint sites so this made it easier for the users. I've created dashboards for several departments including finance, business office, nursing staff, administrators, managers, directors, and senior managers just to name a few.

Targit review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Targit from a User Perspective"

What do you like best?

I love the criteria bar and how I can create one master/favorite and then pull the majority of my reports from it.

What do you dislike?

Our system is set up with numerous cubes/areas to pull from which makes it a little confusing.

We are generating sales reports, both pushed automatically and pulled manually. These reports give visibility to our sales reps when meeting with a customer.

Targit review by Consultant in Wholesale
Consultant in Wholesale

"Data Driven"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can delve deeper into real-time data that the company has. Very beneficial to use for growth.

What do you dislike?

I wonder if there is a way to have sample reports for industries, or if it is only what we create and want to look for.

Member growth and sales opportunities.

Targit review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Great BI tool for basic reports and charts, lack ease of use for calculations and graphs"

What do you like best?

-Easy to define, create and sort reports

-Report scheduling functionality

-Quick start-up and report creation time

What do you dislike?

-Setting up calculations within a Targit report

-Graph tools aren't very easy to work with, really lacks behind MS Excel

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define all your users into various buckets:

-Viewer

-Report creator

-Admin

-Internal and external performance metrics. Targit is a great tool for basic reporting and data manipulation, however I feel it lacks in dashboard and chart capabilites.

Learning about Targit?

* We monitor all Targit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Targit to Similar Solutions