tawk.to

tawk.to is a free live chat app that lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your website or from a free customizable page

Work for tawk.to?

Learning about tawk.to?

tawk.to Reviews

Showing 39 tawk.to reviews
tawk.to review by Stéphanie M.
Stéphanie M.

"A good starting chat"

What do you like best?

We can work in team on Tawk thanks to multi-licences and whispers. I also like the gain of time permitted by the automation (triggers) and shortcuts for the most current questions.

What do you dislike?

The triggers misfunction sometimes. The visitors of our website can receive triggers as "How can I help you?" even in the night time when we cannot answer them (out of the programmed hours). Moreover it is not very easy to master at the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really useful if you want to try a chat on your website with low budget. It is exactly what we needed to answer all the current and simple questions of our customers.

If you want to really follow the visitors on your website, you should take an other chat system as this one is only to talk with them. You cannot see their screen or have an idea where their mouse is.

Most of the visitors do not read correctly the articles of our website and we can orient them in the good direction or correct the misunderstandings thanks to the chat. We can also help our customers in their navigation on the platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about tawk.to
tawk.to review by V C.
V C.

"best free livechat software"

What do you like best?

We had before other livechat software, but a paid one, also great,

But i wanted to try some other soft that are free. Tried a lot, so far this is the best one on the market.

I do use it on our main domain and other microsites. Customer service is also great, they do like to support. Best why i did swtich off to this chat is because i like the motto of the CEO, why to pay for a soft to speak with your own web visitors.

What do you dislike?

I dont like the windows application, i contacted them and they reply me that they are still working one a new updated. So far its buggy and i need to use a webpage, that is not very comfortable when you working with more tabs opened

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes. if you have a small budget for any other software. Please try this one, as this is amazing.

A lot of visitors like to live chat with a real human. SO this is the easiest way to reply to their questions.

Sales departement also has this software installed in case i am busy.

What Live Chat solution do you use?

tawk.to review by José Antonio S.
José Antonio S.

"Great and free live chat app"

What do you like best?

It offers all its features for free, without limits. Also, it's really easy to configure and customize which is great.

You would expect the features to be sub par vs similar paid apps, but they are not, they do what they are supposed to do in a really good way.

This is the right tool if you want a simple, yet powerful live chat + ticket system on your websites to improve your business, as you will be able to start conversations with potential customers at the right time to help them make a decision, but also, you will be more available to the current ones, improving your relationship.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think that it's a really good tool, but it could increase the number of native integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free (you only pay if you want to remove the branding) so give it a try, you won't regret it. It's perfect if you are looking for something simple that provides results.

I'm improving my support with live chat, and also increasing my sales as I'm able to address any doubts or questions by potential clients.

tawk.to review by Rangga S.
Rangga S.

"Best Free Full Featured Live Chat Software"

What do you like best?

Tawk.to is ease to use and you can start using it without any hassle. The most important thing is it's completely free

What do you dislike?

The software works great but the user interface is outdated. The developer said that it's on their roadmap. So, let's hope that they will make tawk.to appearance better

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have small budget for full feature live chat software, try tawk.to, it's totally free. Pay small amount of money and you will be able to use your own brand

As a company that serves many public services, live chat software is very helpful in the speed and effectiveness in serving customers. Tawk.to is one of the best live chat software which we don't have to pay anything to fully use it

tawk.to review by Chantelle R.
Chantelle R.

"Great inexpensive option for Live chat"

What do you like best?

I love that there is an accompanying app that I can use to chat with potential customers when I'm not at my desk. I am using the free plan and still able to customize it with my brand's colors and make it look like mine. It really is convenient and my visitors have said that it makes the website look so much more professional.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about it so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering tawk.to and shopping around with other live chat applications, I would definitely recommend giving tawk.to a try. I chose tawk.to because of the pricing but I stayed with tawk.to for the convenience.

Using tawk.to has allowed me to chat with my potential customers right away. It makes my brand look more human and not like a big agency that doesn't care about them.

tawk.to review by Dax G.
Dax G.

"Free and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how you can create specific introductions to specific groups of people. I am a huge fan of how their chat set up is. It is very easy to take multiple chats and if I wanted to I could do it on the go with their mobile app.

What do you dislike?

In the past you were able to send exe files but for security reasons that has been removed. I really liked being able to send those files, it removed a step of getting my files to the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great place to start if you are looking to reach out to your web clients

We are able to reach out to our customers and potential customers on our website. We provide support to those who would otherwise communicate through email.

tawk.to review by Kristopher J.
Kristopher J.

"Full of features for free!"

What do you like best?

Although there are premium add-ons available, the free product is a fully usable service. Multiple agents, and even multiple sites can be configured without incurring any costs. There are additional features that I played with, but are not actively using such as the built-in ticket system and offline messaging.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about it so far. I could complain about having to pay for premium add-ons such as the ability to remove branding, but in reality, I'm more amazed at all it comes with at the free price level and think the premiums are worth it for larger companies who need to offer more customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try! You can have multiple agents and multiple properties/sites, you can even assign agents to certain sites. These sites/properties could be different websites altogether, or could be different departments you want to track separately. There's built-in ticket and offline message functionality although I'm not personally using those features, but it's included for FREE.

Being able to offer instant support without a customer needing to pick up the phone has been great. Even showing the live chat available icon has been enough to sway some customer sales because they know it's easy to reach someone without making a phone call or waiting for an email response.

tawk.to review by Gabriel L.
Gabriel L.

"Hasta ahora nos ha funcionado bien"

What do you like best?

Nos gustó que podemos habilitar la herramienta y monitorear varios ejecutivos a la misma vez.

Fue muy fácil de instalar.

La plataforma envía una copia del chat la cual nos funciona para realizar reportes y tener hallazgos de lo que los clientes consultan en el chat.

Se pueden utilizar emoticones

What do you dislike?

Una vez intenté utilizar el servicio que tienen de ayuda a los clientes, pero no fueron muy buenos. No evacuaron mi duda, al final logré resolverlo yo sólo.

No se pueden generar reportes de la cantidad de personas que utilizan el chat, sólo la copia que envía al administrador.

Recommendations to others considering the product

El servicio de soporte podría mejorar.

Si quieres una herramienta sencilla de usar y gratuita, es lo que buscas.

Puedes tener varios ejecutivos al mismo tiempo atendiendo.

Tiene reportes pero son muy sencillos.

El hecho que los clientes puedan hacer sus consultas por este medio, nos desahogó las redes sociales.

Podemos tener en tiempo real copia de las comentarios que nos dan los clientes.

tawk.to review by carla g.
carla g.

"Tawk.to"

What do you like best?

What I like in Tawk.to is that I can see what our site visitors are looking into currently. I can also see what they are typing so it gives me time to look up the response while they are typing and thus my responses are timely and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I dont like the ringing sound, but i guess it works or im just not sure how to change the notification sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used other live chat softwares before and for me this worked best. Highly recommended. You can actually use the templates for easy access to most common questions, and with its built in feature of seeing your customer's typed in responses also makes it easier for customer support to answer questions in a timely and accurate manner. I can definitely say this is a great tool to use!

My role is just to provide customer support for our would be buyers and existing customers and make sure that we provide excellent after sales support. Benefits of having a livechat system is that we can reach out to more customers because some customers do not like calling.

tawk.to review by User in Computer Software

"So far this has been a wonderful introduction to the world of live online support."

What do you like best?

The cost of entry is free, which in of itself does not make a great product, but it helps when you are trying to determine how to enter the market of live online support. Where this really wins me over is the cost coupled with it's feature-set. You are able to communicate live with your customers across desktop and mobile, and still the base price is free. It has opened up a world of support that my customers deserve to have. And this coupled with other products like Droplr has been a real boon for my business.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some improvements in the client interfaces. They feel at times a bit clunky and hard to understand. This is particularly the case when it comes to online/offline/hidden modes. It is very confusing how some of these features work. Also it would be nice to see some more polish to the UI in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because the cost of entry is nothing, there should be no reason not to try this service and it's apps out for your business. You really have nothing to loose. It is also very easy to integrate into an existing site and has Wordpress plugins available as well. There really is no excuse not to try it.

Communicating with active and potential customers has been blown wide open for me. I am able to connect with clients and potential clients without any hassle. This increases my ability to support existing customers, but also win over potential customers because they know they can reach me easily.

tawk.to review by Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.

"Great way to keep in touch with our clients"

What do you like best?

Available on both our phone and desktop, it alerts us when we've got a lead that is checking out our site. One of the cool things about it is the realtime monitoring and how I can read what they are typing even before they send it.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I won't get alerts until after the user has signed off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tawk.to is a free option to use when wanting to implement a chat bot on your site. It allows you to communicate with your customers and help guide them along the buying process.

It allows me to keep in touch with my users and answer any questions they may have before they have to commit to filling out a contact form.

tawk.to review by shareef h.
shareef h.

"Great to use its fantastic"

What do you like best?

1.Easy to integrate ( i made it configurable in my system only by adding the script i inject in clients pages directly)

2.Easy to customize ( position/look and feel / colors and css)

3.Its free without paying is more than enough for me

What do you dislike?

nothing/ event the intro and their website is very friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

must try it r eally

Make it available for customers who dont want to pay more money / but with extra benifit to boost their marketing to some extent

tawk.to review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"Be available to your customers"

What do you like best?

So many things! I like that you can see what website pages the visitor has been to so you know better where to direct them. It shows what the visitor is typing before they hit send so you can prepare your answer quickly.

What do you dislike?

It tells you what city a visitor is in, based on their IP address I assume, but doesn't list the state. For our business, it is often necessary to know what state a person is in, it would be nice to know the answer ahead of time, but it is easy enough to just ask.

We are now able to answer visitor questions right away, so they don't have to wait for an email response. This allows us to get the visitors to the purchasing process as quick as possible.

tawk.to review by User in Computer Software

"No sense creating one of my own now - this works perfectly"

What do you like best?

This was not only extremely easy to sign up and install, but the ability to customize the interface to blend in with the rest of my website is great. It's also very user friendly, very intuitive. I'm recommending this to any of my clients that would also like a chat program for their websites. This product is great - and it's free, which is shocking. I'd pay a one time fee if I had to for something like this - I was going to build my own, but the fact that this is free is very much appreciated. I also really like the business model, and if I find that my business needs in relation to customer support increase I'd be happy to purchase anything they have to offer at that time.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I've found just yet that I can complain about. I'm just filling up this 'dislike' box because I have to at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to build your own chat program, I'm sure it's a very good learning experience (which is what I was planning on doing), or you're currently using a paid chat program or something and aren't satisfied and you just want something that works, and works well, use tawk.to.

Providing multiple paths of communication for all customers is awesome. Some users like live chat, some just want to use a contact form, and others like to talk on the phone. I'm now offering all forms of communication, and this chat program is the icing on the cake of my website.

tawk.to review by Andy W.
Andy W.

"Great live chat platform and can handle any number of websites"

What do you like best?

The basic plan is free and still allows you to have numerous websites and chat agents. It is easy to implement and 'just works' flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the admin interface works in parts, kind of opening a new tab when you click on different features. However, this is a very small price to pay for what is overall a great system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely worth a try. I'd recommend it to anyone!

real-time communication with our customers across 3 websites, with one login.

tawk.to review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Tawk is Great!"

What do you like best?

Tawk is a super helpful chat tool. I love that several people can view and join the same chat -- you can even join chats as another customer service representative in case the first representative got caught up in another task, which keeps the customer experience smooth and seamless.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an auto log off of some sort to ensure that no one accidentally stays logged in past their work hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Tawk to anyone considering it. It's been wonderful.

Adding a chat function to our business has greatly improved our customer communications. It solves customer problems in real time without them having to pick up the phone to call us, which many customers prefer not to do.

tawk.to review by Jorge P.
Jorge P.

"Great way to offer help to your customers!"

What do you like best?

I love the Chat feature use it everyday, also has the option to create tickets and follow up, you can also see who is on your website in real time! Love It

What do you dislike?

No issues at all! it just works and it gets better over time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to offer chat support or any kind of customer service on your website, you need this!

offering Chat support to my customers is the best!

tawk.to review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"The very best chat widget for the price"

What do you like best?

Tawk.to is free! It's really remarkable when comparing it to the competition. It's overall feature set is comparable to other platforms, but you get it at no cost from tawk.to.

What do you dislike?

The user interface has some things still to be desired. Some users have difficulties closing the chat as it is a 2 step process that could be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Particularly if you are an early stage company that is watching every cent you spend, tawk.to is a great option to have live chat at no cost.

Tawk.to helps us engage with customers, and realize more sales. If customers have questions we can answer them right away and prevent them from dropping out of our funnel.

tawk.to review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="2e85fe43-f4e1-42f7-ab3c-1c376f49c6da">Emrah A.</span>
Emrah A.
" itemprop="name" />

"Free and Best Chat Solution For Web Sites"

What do you like best?

Tawk.to is complete solution for make conversation with your web site visitors. It is completely free and good than other similar softwares. It has got tons of features such a widget customization, chat history, multiple agents, departments, use one account on multiple site, multilanguage and user management. Also tawk.to has got mobile and desktop application for all known platforms. It has got Javascript API for entegrate your systems. After conversation tawk.to can send users to conversation log.

What do you dislike?

Tawk.to is very good chat solution and really i can't find immortality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free and serves completely solution. Must use!

We use Tawk.to at our all system including web site, moodle LMS, our customized automation system and online examination system. Our students can reach us from every place (mobile and desktop) and every time. We can track our students previous problems and conversations.

tawk.to review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Completely Free and Easy to Integrate"

What do you like best?

Tawk.to is one of the best services to chat with your website visitors in real time. It is a completely free service. You can integrate with Tawk.to just in seconds by copying some lines of Javascript code to your webpage. We integrated tawk.to with Wordpress and Moodle just in seconds.

What do you dislike?

There a some internalization issues when used in a language different than English.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you to try Tawk.to if you are looking for an instant chat service to integrate with your webpage. It is totally free, easy to integrate and provides detailed reports.

We integrated Tawk.to with Wordpress. With this integration visitors are now able to chat instantly with the company if a staff is available to reply. Otherwise Tawk.to is notifying us with e-mail, so we are not missing any potential clients.

tawk.to review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"As a chat software, fantastic, as a helpdesk, not so good"

What do you like best?

I loved that it was for free and I loved the chat features.

What do you dislike?

I repeatedly asked for help as my clients complained they did not get mails from the helpdesk system. I repeatedly complained to Tawk.to and they did nothing to solve it. They tried blaming it on me, but whenever I used my own mail to reply to customers all was fine. It was only in their helpdesk tidket system that mails were too frequently not recieved by my clients, which actually, caused me quite much damage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they fix this problem, they will be the best.

In the end - I had to stop using it due to the problems as it was not reliable. Otherwise - if you want them only as a chat then they are fantastic.

tawk.to review by Ekaterina L.
Ekaterina L.

"Easy Cutomized"

What do you like best?

I like plenty of options and details for customizing. Monitoring with an IP and location details. Also reports are pretty good. Everythign is easy to use and looks nice.

What do you dislike?

i would like to see and hear more different sounds and some layots for chat windows and their location on the screen - from my admin side and from customers side. It would be nice if the chat window can have some layots too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That is really easy to install and use so you can esily try it. That is a pretty nice system of online chat that includes calls and videocalls.

Solving the only one problem - fast online connection with a potential customers.

tawk.to review by Heather H.
Heather H.

"Awesome FREE Live Chat"

What do you like best?

It's FREE! Also, the absolute easiest live chat software I tried. Looks professional and it's very easy to customize to the look of my websites. Also, the chat alerts aren't annoying.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike yet. One feature that could be beneficial is the ability to monitor multiple websites at once from one dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a free live chat option, tawk should be on your list because of it's ease-of-use and detailed analytics.

Capturing live traffic on our site and converting them into paying customers in a shorter amount of time than if they called/emailed. Easy to multitask!

tawk.to review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Free and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love the desktop app as well as the phone app. It is very customization and easy to setup and use. Best of all its free in every way with out restrictions that I can find. It also has an amazingly quick update and response time to changes made, like an agent going off and online.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about it except that its branded, but its free after all. I also am sad that it doesn't directly connect with my help desk software, but that isn't Tawk.to's problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, and you will love it.

Customers being able to ask quick questions with technicians.

tawk.to review by Timi G.
Timi G.

"Easy to integrate, easy to use"

What do you like best?

We could integrated it in no time to our site. Our developers just needed to copy-paste its code to our webstie's source code. After that we could customize it to our look - it was easy, we done it on tawk.to's platform. After that my colleague also signed up to the platform, and was able to work quickly. What's the best, that we can see real-time statistics and data about of our customers e.g. where they are going in our site, what they are seeing while talking to us, and what they are writing before sending it to us. Oh, and its completely free.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if I can include a longer message when I'm currently not available for chat.

It makes easier customers to connect us. It helps conversion, and strengthen our brand as visitors are feeling that they can interact with us more easily.

tawk.to review by User in Design
User in Design

"Perfect for quick and easy customer support."

What do you like best?

The notifications that they send you on both desktop and mobile when a user has started a chat.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the dashboard information is incorrect. It wasn't too much of a problem because Google Analytics gives you all the same information. But if they have it I'd rather have it be accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful especially if your product isn't quite where you want it to be. We were working on optimizing our site and had some login problems along the way. Because of tawk.to we were still able to edit profiles, orders, and answer any other questions while some of our functionalities were down.

Real-time customer service on our eCommerce website.

tawk.to review by Illyssa T.
Illyssa T.

"Easy Chat"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s so easy to add live chat to my website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can’t remove the branding.

I’m able to instantly connect with clients.

tawk.to review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Quick and Easy chat system with light branding"

What do you like best?

Branding is not obnoxious or in your face. Can easily work around it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the add-ons they are moving towards along with the ecommerce focus.

Quick chatting with customers on our website.

tawk.to review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"A graet resource that gains new customers"

What do you like best?

The mobile app that each member of our team has installed means that clients are quickly in contact with us to answer any pricing or technical questions. The showing of the national flag of the person making the enquiry allows us to easily filter the enquiry based on our geographic teams

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. It is a very effective solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have 24hr coverage if you are a global company as it simply looks more professional.

We solve small technical queries and provide a quick reference point for commercial questions that have a very high conversion rate for new customers

tawk.to review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"The best free online support chat plattform"

What do you like best?

First of all, its free! I've tried different online support platforms to integrate a live chat on my site and this is the best one I've found. Its really easy to setup and it also provides an app for many platforms (I'm using it on my mac and iphone) to keep track (and answer) all requests. It even has a real time visitos tracking! :)

What do you dislike?

I find that the mac app sometimes hungs unexpectedly. Or closes the session without any warning. This is the only think I dislike.

My website is sometimes confusing to the first clients. adding a live support chat let me solve all visitors doubts, turning them into clients.

tawk.to review by Kieran C.
Kieran C.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Brilliant live chat serivce, and it’s completely free for basic functions, you can see as visitors type, track the pages they visit, see their browser and location, and chat history is infinite.

What do you dislike?

The price for hiring agents for $1 Per Hour is on the basis that you hire them 24/7.

Tawk.to provides live communication for our customers.

tawk.to review by Mayur K.
Mayur K.

"This is an awesome application. Easy, Effective in use."

What do you like best?

1. It's admin console - Great UI, Easy to customize the Widget.

2. IOS application - By which you can answer your attendee from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything that i don't like. I have been using this since 2 months.

I have my freelancing site for client communication & support I am using this.

tawk.to review by Alessandro R.
Alessandro R.

"Esay and high level"

What do you like best?

It's free, simple to use and very effective. All my team likes its

What do you dislike?

At the moment nothing, we are very happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you, its free, you will love it.

We realized more sales through answer an customer on live

tawk.to review by User in Higher Education

"Don't lose any visitors to your site"

What do you like best?

Tawk.to has let me monitor visitors to my site and communicate with them in real time, or have an automated chat message that helps me capture visitors contact info.

What do you dislike?

I would love some AI that lets the chat automatically answer some of the most common questions visitors had, or sets up a kind of survey for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to use for most cases so definitely give it a try.

Capturing info from visitors to my site and converting them to paying customers.

tawk.to review by Takis K.
Takis K.

"Excellent free live chat"

What do you like best?

The features are similar to paid alternatives. We have agents, triggers, monitoring, pre-defined content. Overall, an excellent choice.

What do you dislike?

Since it's mandatory to "dislike" something I'd say that the design may use a lift. And some third-party integrations

Live chatting with customers

tawk.to review by Deepak s.
Deepak s.

"This is a very good product for real time communication"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use

Free

Community support

What do you dislike?

I am not sure but they do not have internationalisation support.

I have used this in one of our clients project. Here is the link http://www.theinfluencersmovement.com/welcome

Also used in one more project and working good.

Advantage of this product is that, any one using this product can have real time communication with their users.

tawk.to review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Makes Customer Support Very Easy"

What do you like best?

It isn't just a "live chat" tool. It can help elevate your entire customer support and helps you say in touch with your customers, even on the go.

What do you dislike?

The functionality is a bit complex and ironically, their support is not very efficient.

Tawk.to helps in effective customer service. I am able to manage all customer queries and complaints and also offer real-time support to them.

tawk.to review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"We love Tawk.to"

What do you like best?

Free and easy to implement and use. Pop up window on our site lets customers know they can contact is this way.

What do you dislike?

N/A We love everything about Tawk.to. Except the occasional spammers who contact us

People love this contact option and prefer that to email or phone calls

tawk.to review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Set it forget it"

What do you like best?

Track traffic and being able to chat with customers wholes they are online

What do you dislike?

Not being able customize more in terms of color n more wording

Recommendations to others considering the product

To chat and answer question customers may have while online

Learning about tawk.to?

* We monitor all tawk.to reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.