TaxJar

4.9

TaxJar is a technology solution designed for eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax.

Work for TaxJar?

Learning about TaxJar?

TaxJar Reviews

Ask TaxJar a Question
Showing 19 TaxJar reviews
TaxJar review by Rafael G.
Rafael G.

"The best at sales tax accounting"

What do you like best?

TaxJar is best at saving our company time.

What do you dislike?

I would really like them to evolve into more than just Sales Tax. If they could at lease start looking into Registered agent services that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not sold on tax jar, I can assure you that the customer service level is UN-MATCHED. I email them and the response rate is quick. If I have an issue that is sales tax or use tax related they will take care of it. The software is user friendly and they are always sending you email reassuring you that they are on top of it!

I first started using tax just to collect sales tax and that worked out great. As our business grew, filing sales tax became so time consuming that we looking into the Auto-File feature and decided that the time that was saving us was far greater than the money for the service. One thing I do like is that I can integrate all the other websites we sell in and have Taxjar pull information from there too.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TaxJar
TaxJar review by Rahn B.
Rahn B.

"Makes Filing Our Sales Tax a Breeze!"

What do you like best?

Above all we love the Auto File feature which automatically files your sales tax return for any given state. Previously this took our employees many hours to do every month, but with TaxJar filing your sales tax returns is faster, more accurate, and saves us precious time and money.

What do you dislike?

We would love for TaxJar to add more marketplace integrations so that it automatically syncs your order data. While TaxJar covers the major ones (Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Shopify, etc.), but we are in a niche category and would love to see some smaller martketplaces (Reverb.com hint hint) added as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, they have very small plans so you can see for yourself how it can make the Sales Tax aspect of your business a whole lot easier.

TaxJar handles all of our Sales Tax reporting and remitting to the states which could be quite complicated if we did it in house. This has saved us time and money to focus on sourcing new products selling more :-)

What Sales Tax Compliance solution do you use?

TaxJar review by Raghu K.
Raghu K.

"Making the complex and tedious simpler and seamless"

What do you like best?

The overall ease of use, UI/UX, are complimented with great customer support. We saved significant time by getting informed, succinct answers from the customer team at TaxJar. The AutoFile functionality saves us considerable paperwork and time each month as well.

What do you dislike?

Features are still being added. Many critical features we use now did not exist when we first signed up (including 50 state AutoFile). More features keep getting added, but there is always a chance a feature you need might still be being developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to customer team and determine if your most critical requirements are already solved, or if they are on the near term roadmap.

Multi-state autofile, Magento transaction syncing, and offline tax calculation as a backup if the real time link to TaxJar is lost are all critical things that were solved by moving from Avalara to TaxJar

TaxJar review by yvonne v.
yvonne v.

"Tax Jar takes the stress from Sales Tax issues"

What do you like best?

Tax Jar has made it simple to determine in which states I have reached Tax Nexus, and guides me through the requirements for filing in each of those states. I would have to spend hours upon hours of research attempting to compile this information on my own. With Tax Jar, it takes me minutes! As a small business, with little automation, saving time is definitely saving money.

What do you dislike?

I have to manually check on Tax Jar to see if I have reached Nexus in another state. It would be helpful if an automated email were sent out when another nexus was reached.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use, and very affordable for the small business owner.

I save time!

TaxJar review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.

"TAXJAR Review"

What do you like best?

TaxJar is a wonderful product and is easy to use for my tax needs. I appreciate the bill reminders and the calendar interface is particularly useful. The payment tracking and receipts have improved workflow as well as well as the ability to export reports to PDF or Excel.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate it very much if taxjar had more drop down selection menus. It would be wonderful if there was more services offered and the ability to see tax rates would really make our lives much easier. I'd also love it if I didn't need to reenter addresses in forms, it would greatly speed up my process if these could be remembered and stored.

TaxJar has helped with a multitude of problems but certainly those in the accounting realm have seen the most benefits.

TaxJar review by Becky A.
Becky A.

"Wonderful and convenient service"

What do you like best?

TaxJar makes it very easy in regards to collecting sales tax. You can plug in your numbers and be done, or better yet, take advantage of their auto file so you can work on your business more and doing sales tax less! The other thing I love about TaxJar is there exceptional customer service, they respond quickly to questions I have and go even above and beyond when there is an urgent question. I have enjoyed using their service and will continue to use them for years to come.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, they have done so much in the last year in a good way of growing and improving their service (now you can Auto file for sales tax in every state) so there is not much to dislike.

The headache of sales tax has been made simple through TaxJar. I would not be able to run my online business and be collecting all the data their service offers me in regards to sales tax. They offer the information I need at my fingertips.

TaxJar review by Karen H.
Karen H.

"An Asset for any Business that has Taxable Goods "

What do you like best?

TaxJar simplifies the whole sales tax filing and remitting process. Now that they offer autofiling in all the States Amazon has warehouses in, I'm just leaving it all to them to do.

What do you dislike?

At the moment they don't have autofile for non-taxable goods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free yourself up from dealing with sales taxes each month/quarter/semi annual/annually and let TaxJar take care of it for you. If you can't afford to autofile in all States, it's still worth it to have your figures presented in a way for you to file manually.

I like that TaxJar hooks up to my Amazon account to get all the information it needs so I don't have to submit reports to them. They make it effortless, and with autofile you don't get distracted to file sale tax, it's done for you!

TaxJar review by Doug L.
Doug L.

"Tax Jar makes filing sales tax for online sellers easy"

What do you like best?

When I started with Taxjar sales tax was easier than it is now I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to do all the states I do now. I like that it compiles all my sales data from all my sales venues into one place and I can easily just file the taxes. I currently do not use the service that they file your tax reports for you but I'm sure that would be a big benefit also. I am a small seller and it's still worth my subscription fee to have the headache taken away of compiling all my sales tax data each and every time I have to file a report

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the amounts that Amazon collection sales tax differs from what tax jar believes to be what is owed so there's are times that I am worried that I'm not collecting enough of what will be due. This is not really something I dislike about Taxjar services but what I do dislike is that they don't always agree with Amazon and so I don't know who's at fault or is interpreting the sales tax laws wrong.

The biggest problems that I'm solving with Taxjar is they are taking giving me back some time that I would otherwise waste in figuring sales tax and they are keeping me compliant with the sales tax authorities

TaxJar review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Very good and improving all the time"

What do you like best?

TaxJar makes a difficult and dreaded task much easier. I have been a customer for a long time and it has been making steady improvements over the years. There is now the capability to have them file for you (for an additional fee). Some of the states are so cumbersome that it is well worth it. They are responsive to questions and issues. I had one issue in one of the states saying I owed less than 15 cents as a penalty for a state in which they did the filing. I contacted them and they went to bat to clear it up and had it dismissed.

What do you dislike?

A recent change allows filings they do for you to be downloaded from their web site. I wish there was the capability to download the older ones they did from their web site as well.

Selling online and using warehouses in various states causes nexus in a variety of states. This is a huge time saver since I do not have to download and manipulate Excel files to figure out taxes for a variety of jurisdictions.

TaxJar review by Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices
Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices

"Excellent Value and Always Improving the Product"

What do you like best?

TaxJar has a significant number of API's / extensions to Ecommerce platforms, online marketplaces, payment gateways, and accounting software solutions which is invaluable if you are working with a lean technical team / using outside consultants. They are now able to auto-file in all 50-states which is invaluable. Their customer service is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

My concern when we started using the tax software solution was the limited number of states you could auto file and they have resolved that concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent value especially when compared to competitors

Selling online through various channels (website and multiple marketplaces) and using FBA for Amazon marketplace where states fulfillment occurs continues to change / expand creates ever changing nexus. This is a huge time saver and ensures we are sales and use tax compliant.

TaxJar review by Janice D.
Janice D.

"Great timesaver for small e-commerce business!"

What do you like best?

Eliminates need for us to manually track sales taxes and calculates our state returns. Saves us lots iOS administrative time!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike! Very easy to configure, add to and submit reports - both electronically and manually.

Sales tax reporting is now a breeze!

TaxJar review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Works and they answer all the questions I have"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to collect taxes for all 2600 zip codes and their unique tax rates here in CA.

What do you dislike?

The big thing I am waiting for is to be able to categorize Wholesale and Service so I don't have to file manually any more.

Much easier to file with CA BOE

TaxJar review by User

"Tax Jar Saves Us Time and Money"

What do you like best?

Being able to have Tax Jar file sales tax for us in the states we specify

What do you dislike?

When having Tax Jar file for us, it would be helpful to have an exact date specified on which funds will be withdrawn from our bank.

Tax Jar hugely reduces bookkeeping on our end, and having Tax Jar file for us saves us a huge amount of time.

TaxJar review by User

"Solid API for tax calculations"

What do you like best?

TaxJar was a very easy-to-implement solution for tax calculation in our checkout flow. It's fast, reliable, and simple - exactly what we needed.

What do you dislike?

Haven't had any problems with TaxJar. So far, so good. We are very happy with the product.

We use TaxJar to calculate taxes via API. We don't yet use it for the tracking, reporting, or paying of taxes - however we look forward to exploring those features in the future.

TaxJar review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Sales tax made as easy as possible"

What do you like best?

Taxjar does all the hard work for you; you need only input the data into the state websites. And if that's too hard (and in some states it is) they can even do that for you.

What do you dislike?

Everything about the website is terrific. I love the videos and use them almost every month, so if there was something I'd suggest it would be to do more of those.

Filing sales tax from being an Amazon seller. Taxjar saves a LOT of time.

TaxJar review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Great Info for Amazon sellers"

What do you like best?

They provide the best source of updated and nationwide information about sales tax for Amazon sellers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Some article could use to be broken out into separate articles instead of one massive one.

Determining locations of Amazon warehouses the the varying nexus rules for sellers who have products stored in or shipped to various states.

TaxJar review by User in Import and Export
User in Import and Export

"TaxJar actually listens to your feedback"

What do you like best?

I like that the TaxJar group made changes to their website after I gave them feedback on changes that would help make filing taxes easier.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

It makes filing for sales tax far easier. I wouldn't want to do it without TaxJar.

TaxJar review by Chirag P.
Chirag P.

"Best (free) Resource"

What do you like best?

I love the "free" resource that lets you check the sales tax rates and shows you the various entities the tax goes to.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about this software

State Sales Tax is a breeze now!

TaxJar review by Administrator

"Great Tax Software"

What do you like best?

-Super easy to use

-Fully automated

-Dashboard keeps track of all historical filings

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are quite happy with TaxJar

Sales Tax Aggregation and Filings

Learning about TaxJar?

* We monitor all TaxJar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.