Tealium IQ Management

Use Tealium’s tag management system as the foundational elements of your marketing technology stack and as the backbone of your marketing data infrastructure.

Work for Tealium IQ Management?

Learning about Tealium?

Tealium IQ Management Reviews

Ask Tealium a Question
Showing 22 Tealium reviews
Tealium review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"Simplify you tag deployment process and use Tealium"

What do you like best?

Tealium is fantastic at organizing all of you tags in one location making managing your tags much easier and faster. The Tealium data layer is simple and easy to use and there are a lot of build in features (like lowercasing) that make life much easier for the tool users.

What do you dislike?

Currently deployments are handled in an all or nothing mode, while yes you can disable some tags or turn off prod for deployments, if you make changes to the templates, data layer, etc. These changes can't be individually controlled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are a number or Tag Management platforms you can use, including options that are much cheaper, Tealium is really one of the best tools in the industry. With a few planned feature changes and tweaks this will be the industry standard.

Marketing Tag deployments will be used in any company with a Marketing team as they will want to track and use a number of tools to optimize their marketing efforts, Tealium simplifies the management of this process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tealium IQ Management
Tealium review by Ciprian C.
Ciprian C.

"Tealium IQ"

What do you like best?

It`s easy to use with a huge range of built in tags and extensions, but also offers amazing flexibility with data extensions and custom tags.

It also offers non technical people the tools to manipulate and easily pass data to multiple partners.

Customer support is quick and reliable and also the community is really helpfull.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say about negative points. Tealium IQ feels a little slow, but probably it`s because of our version history and account size.

Some minor issues where data variables weren`t set correctly due to an ignore case extension, but it`s something that was easily solved.

Community is good, but could be more active.

Tealium IQ cut down deployment times for new partners / tools by up to 90%.

We`re also using some of Tealium`s features for transaction deduplication. This allowed us to reduce this bookings attributed to multiple partners by 95%.

Tealium IQ was also an important part of merging two companies with two different marketing stacks in record time.

What Tag Management solution do you use?

Tealium review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Heavy Tag Management/iQ User"

What do you like best?

The breadth of available vendor tag templates combined with the robust custom template functionality. We use both very heavily and get a lot of value from each. My teammate and I are both javascript developers, but you don't have to be to use the tool (but it does help).

What do you dislike?

The versioning and ability to overwrite other's code. When you have many people in the tool, it requires a LOT of coordination to make sure multiple users are in the tool at the same time making simultaneous edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll be better off having developers to do most of the heavy lifting as custom coding is at times involved.

Tealium is our tag management solution. It enables us to quickly and efficiently get javascript ANYwhere on our sites (meaning we don't have to go through other dev teams to get tags or anything else hard-coded onto the site).

Tealium review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Tealium iQ Tag Manager"

What do you like best?

Its vendor neutral, allows multiple profiles and can be customized to be hosted within company premise. Tealium iQ supports multiple profiles, multiple publishing targets, custom javascript execution and attaching them with different browser and custom events, which provides flexibility for customization. It allows very granular security controls, SSO integration, Tealium standalone authentication / authorization, 2 factor authentication.

What do you dislike?

Tealium iQ doesn't have much flexibility around concurrent editing and merging changes, bulk select and edits. Large enterprises are still evolving around the client side security and resource integrity. So far Tealium don’t have any strong support for security specifications like CSP (Content Security Policy) or SRI (Sub Resource Integrity).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tealium do not have any competing digital marketing or media products so they are not inclined toward a specific products unlike Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM etc.

We are using Tealium for managing media and non media tags for our application. It provides a layer of abstraction between application and tags and allows manage tags with great flexibility. Using thallium, we are able to reduce any development efforts from multiple systems (websites) and enhance speed to market.

Tealium review by Nicholas D.
Nicholas D.

"The very best tag manager out tgere"

What do you like best?

Tealium's ability to simplify the things that the 'free' tag manager can AND can't do. Tealium is by far a leader and a visionary by taking a mundane tag management platform and building it into an engine that is far more powerful than any of the other tracking engines out there.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike, it's interface could be updated a bit (I haven't used it for a year so maybe they have).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy Tealium instead of using the 'free' G product. There are so many ways to use it beyond standard tag management that will make the investment pay dividends by a huge margin.

Better attribution, easier time with data transformation, easy to create data layer, the list just goes on...

Tealium review by Lorrin N.
Lorrin N.

"Makes Analytics Easier"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great with Tealium. I am able to tag multiple page and adjust analytics programs in a matter of minutes. What used to take hours of manually tagging page can now be done in less than 30 minutes with ease. Their debugging tool is great because it shows each tag is firing and what is being set up to the corresponding product.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found anything to dislike, There are no real show stoppers with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to improve efficiency with multiple analytics packages, choose Tealium. The set up is extremely easy and you'll realize that everything works a lot easier if you can review it all at once.

Before Tealium, I implemented all my Analytics manually. If I wanted to make change I would have to update it on all pages. The great thing about Tealium is that they allowed for us to be more efficient by implementing their one tag on all of our pages and managing our analytics through their system. If we needed an update, we did it through their system and it would reflect only on the pages where we wanted it. The changes were close to instantaneous and we were able to test them out in qa, test and/or production. If I have an issue with something not working, their customer service responses were prompt and very attentive. Overall, I found it a pleasant experience and their system works out great.

Tealium review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Become Agile!"

What do you like best?

Tealium allows you to free up your developer's time and quickly add and remove vendors tags to your website. The support you receive from Tealium is excellent if you need to customize a tag beyond the standard implementations. This flexibility allows marketers to run vendor tests even do A/B tests between vendors all within the Tealium dashboard. Our company wouldn't be nearly as agile marketing wise without Tealium.

What do you dislike?

A lot of tags are almost plug and play, but some complex tags (e.g., Sitecatalyst) do require assistance from Tealium's support team. That being said rarely has this help spilled over into billable support hours. It is usually covered by our standard support agreement, which is offered to all clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your data layer setup is crucial! Spend the time and effort getting it right during onboarding.

Allow the marketing department to deploy tags in a timely manner to improve our analytical capacities and optimization campaigns.

Tealium review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"Best TMS available"

What do you like best?

The tool itself is great, but the service team is by far the best part of working with Tealium. Our AM is very responsive and knowledgeable and the solution engineers a amazing.

What do you dislike?

The one thing we've found occasionally frustrating is that there not being a mobile site or an app. The interface has a lot, so I get that putting everything in a mobile experience is tough, but some basic features would be handy when a person can't get to computer and need to revert to a previous version or something.

Our main reasons for going with a TMS were;

- Getting tags live quickly. Adding to a sprint delays tags by at least a week.

- Knowing what tags we have on the site. We had many legacy tags and broken tags.

- Site speed. Tealium runs asynchronously, so our site loading isn't delayed.

Tealium review by Andrey R.
Andrey R.

"Great product, awesome customer service!"

What do you like best?

The customer service / support has been great. Everything that I can't figure out how to do myself, I send over to my account manager, Neil, and he gets the tags set up within a few hours or a day at most.

What do you dislike?

Non-standard tags are a bit hard to figure out how to set up using their self-service process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of tags that need to be managed on your website, look no further - Tealium makes it easy to do, and their customer support is fantastic.

Tag management! We have dozens of tags on various parts of our website, setting all of those manually (and particularly activating/removing them at will) would be a major hassle manually, Tealium allows us to add and remove tags in seconds without having to do extra code releases each time.

Tealium review by Jay Z.
Jay Z.

"One of the most powerful tools in market"

What do you like best?

Many to speak of, Tealium is like the swiss army knife of website tools. It is massively scalable yet easy enough to implement.

What do you dislike?

Tealium is sometimes too powerful, governance and care must be taken by all its users

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for enterprise level solution which is well supported, give tealium a call

Tag management, Data enrichment, Website modifications

Tealium review by Edward P.
Edward P.

"Great TMS"

What do you like best?

a strong TMS solution that offers clients a high level of GDPR compliance. Strong platform that can be used to connect disparate date sets. Have thousand's of external integrations to maximise the functionality and accessibility to data.

What do you dislike?

not much to dislike about the system. Deployment could be made easier but they have tech support to guide through any significant issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a conversation especially if you're exploring a DMP or need a new TMS

multiple website and data platform tag management.

GDPR compliance.

data management

Tealium review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"Great company to work with"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Tealium is how easy it is to use and the client support they offer. Several times I have needed help on an integration and their team was there to support me every step of the way. The team always reacts quickly to my requests and finds a resolution.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about this company or product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great company and product to work with.

We use Tealium to make tag management easier on our web site. Having Tealium allows us to quickly integrate with different advertising and technology partners because we can quickly turn on new tags without having to go to our site developers.

Tealium review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality

"Fantastic Product and Service!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Tealium is the support team. Most tag managers are all essentially solving the same problem of easily pushing code onto the page in a an efficient manner. For me, this boils down to adding or changing what sorts of data we're tracking about our users. Whenever we have any issues ranging from complex tracking to tag issues, Tealium support team is always incredibly responsive, helpful, and willing to do whatever they can to help us resolve our issues. They make me more confident that i can add any tag or track anything i need to knowing that they'll be there to help me if i need it.

What do you dislike?

As more of a technical user, i haven't really found anything that i dislike. While the general setup is pretty simple, the setup can be a bit less straightforward for more complex Tealium implementations. Their support team will always be there to help figure out how to handle these issues though when they come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product -- very easy to use and very customizable. The support team will always be there if you have any issues.

We're trying to solve the effeciency problem of adding and changing web analytics tools at a speed that matches our business changes. We want to be able to get tracking changes in place quickly, efficiently, and in a way which has the least effect on page load speed. Tealium has helped us make these goals become a reality. We also use Tealium for mobile app tracking. Tealium has made this process much easier as we only needed to implement one SDK to pass data along to many tags.

Tealium review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Awesome Product & AMAZING Service"

What do you like best?

I've worked with Tealium for almost a year now and when I first started working with them, my thought was - why not Google Tag Manager? It's free and easy to use. But now I completely see the benefit and much of it comes down to service. We are a lean team and I don't have the time to manage tags, so I send all of that work to Tealium and they get it done quickly and accurately. For a nominal fee each month, it's completely worth it.

What do you dislike?

I'm somewhat of a technical marketer and I have been able to figure out GTM no problem, but I do find Tealium's UI a bit complex, but it doesn't really matter because of their service is exceptional and they normally take care of it for me.

We are also utilizing a custom version of their channel extension to help with attribution and compared to other tools that are overly complicated and expensive. Tealium gets the job done and has saved me money in media cost.

Tealium review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Significantly Harder to Implement than the sale person let on"

What do you like best?

Tealium is probably one of the largest and best tag management systems out there. They have a lot of cartridges that can "easily" integrate with their tag management system. Google Analytics, Adwords, Magento, etc.

What do you dislike?

Integration is significantly harder than what they let on. I know the sales people typically oversell how easy it is to integrate, but you take that with a grain of salt. However, Tealium is way harder to integrate, you need a data analytics person along with a developer to figure their system out. They want you to provide the data layer build out suggestion. As a business user, I have the slightest clue how to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tealium needs to provide a basic template first instead of the business user coming up with how the data layer should be built out.

Consolidating pixels and making it easier for a business user to add new programs without having to get a developer.

Tealium review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Consistently Exceeds Expectations"

What do you like best?

Tealium’s support team is the best I’ve ever worked with; they’re incredibly responsive and thorough, from troubleshooting incidents to brainstorming strategies. They are true partners and always go the extra mile to ensure that we’re getting the most out of their tool.

What do you dislike?

There are still some aspects of Tealium that are a bit challenging for our business users managing this tool, including some of the more intricate tag extensions that require experience with JavaScript. However, as mentioned above, Tealium’s support team is fantastic and always willing to help. They also have some excellent documentation to reference in their Learning Community that has provided some great guidance in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re looking into tag management solutions in general, I’d recommend compiling a repository of all known tracking tags on your site(s) at this time, including any documentation you’ve received from those vendors on their tags. Doing so helped our implementation tremendously, which consisted of 99 tags across nine sites. With Tealium’s help, the entire process took just four weeks to complete!

Because Tealium has tracking tag templates at the ready for hundreds of internet marketing vendors, we’ve seen an incredible increase in speed to market, helping us become more competitive. Because business users manage the tool, the need for a developer to carve out time for tracking tags has been eliminated. Finally, the asynchronous nature of Tealium has reduced page load time on our sites and consequently improved user experience.

Tealium review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Not Worth The Money"

What do you like best?

Tealium does a great job of integrating our various tagging solutions into one, easy to use application that ensures synchronous results across the board. I really like that Tealium has pre-integrated with nearly all of the partners we are already using which makes integration very quick and easy. Tealium support has also been very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The cost is hard to justify both internally and to our clients. Especially when there are other solutions like Google Tag Manager which are free and are improving quickly. It will be hard to continue to pay for Tealium unless they are able to roll out additional features that are not additional cost like Journey Stream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tealium is great if you are going to be integrating several different solutions and you want enterprise level support. However, it is a challenge to justify the cost so make sure you are well documented prior to implementing the solution with the time wasted and development resources needed to implement the work you are going to be able to do on your own once you launch Tealium.

We have been able to work around the development cycle that used to hold us back significantly whenever we wanted to track a new functionality, page or process on any of our websites. Tealium gives us the flexibility to launch new tags quickly and effortlessly. If there is a bug within our current set up, we can go in and make a fix without being held back by the development cycle.

Tealium review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Great Tag Management Product with Excellent Support"

What do you like best?

The platform provides great training & support. It works well with all analytics platforms. Highly customizable. Support is exceptional! The learning community is also a valuable resource for helping with troubleshooting and additonal support. Overall excellent product.

What do you dislike?

You need some level of training before even thinking of using the product. It can also be challenging to navigate if you don't know what you're trying to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Top notch, highly recommended tag management platform.

Manage all of our web tags in one easy interface.

Tealium review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Highly recommended. Best TMS out there, and best team of experts exceeding expectations in support!"

What do you like best?

Amazing and cutting edge technologies and world class support above and beyond any other we have experienced. The entire team is always there to find quick solutions, levels of expertise in all areas from the tool design and business cases are all excellent. Highly recommend them for both TMS (Tealium IQ) as well as AudienceStream.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. Tealium has always gone above and beyond in every way!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best out there! We are a global organization, very much recommended for the best and most robust and custom solution out there with exceptional expert support.

Entire digital, optimization, media and analytics processes, implementations and everything in relation to such are completely enhanced to new levels.

Tealium review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great product & customer service"

What do you like best?

Love their customer service. We are currently working through implementation and they have been very proactive and helpful. The documentation and community they have for current users is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Not enough time in use to see if there's anything I dislike yet.

Working on implementing personalization and segmentation of audiences.

Tealium review by Minerva L.
Minerva L.

"Tealium"

What do you like best?

Great tracking and management if you have a lot of tags

What do you dislike?

It can be complicated to set up if you need customization

More tag management and help with analytics

Tealium review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Good product but needs an upgrade "

What do you like best?

I like managing all pixels in one location. Integration from website is easy too.

What do you dislike?

Tags are sometimes outdated, there isn’t an easy way to search keywords of pixels in tags, and they use jquery for event handlers.

Pixel management. We have about 100 tags and 300 extensions.

Learning about Tealium IQ Management?

* We monitor all Tealium IQ Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.