TeamGantt

4.8

TeamGantt is effortless project planning and collaboration. Intuitive, beautiful gantt charts combined with task level communication and file sharing.

Work for TeamGantt?

Learning about TeamGantt?

TeamGantt Reviews

TeamGantt review by Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.

"Great project management tool"

What do you like best?

The free version is great. Customer support is great. They often do free webinars. The tutorials help walk you through the tool step-by-step. I've never used a project management tool before and it was easy to pick up.

What do you dislike?

The free version only allows one project. The next step up is not that expensive though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The standard (paid) version obviously has more features. If you're just starting out with a project management tool this is a GREAT choice. Try the free version and if you need more projects, then I would suggest upgrading.

It's a great tool for managing a long-term project with lots of moving parts. I have been able to stay on top of a product launch, holding myself and my team accountable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TeamGantt
Showing 335 TeamGantt reviews
TeamGantt review by Peter V.
Peter V.

"Simple project management tool"

What do you like best?

TeamGantt is an easy to use and understand, project management tool that may not cover every aspect of more complex tools, but for simple projects, it is perfect.

What do you dislike?

Cannot do task dependencies other the Finish-Start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage massive projects at a detail level, this may not be for you, but for less complicated use, this is perfect. I am using it to manage 15 active projects each with multiple tasks and both internal and external resources. It is available on mobile, and as it is in the cloud, changes are instantly available to all users. I specifically use the notes facility to manage daily stand-up meetings. I have chosen the month to month contract, but will swop over to the annual charge shortly. What I also like was that it took me just a few hours to master the product, most of which was deciding what tasks made up the projects.

We never had a simple overview of the projects at our company. Teamgantt gives this high level view which we use in stand-ups and for project planning.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TeamGantt
TeamGantt review by Bruce J.
Bruce J.

"TeamGantt is the 'Chuck Norris' of project management tools"

What do you like best?

TeamGantt gives you the ability to manage projects from a gantt chart and list view, both formats are easy to use and really help a team collaborate. I enjoy the modern look and feel, things are easy to find and understand, simplifying the user experience for technical and non-technical people. Another thing I enjoy is the customer support, the TeamGantt team is always quick to respond!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about TeamGantt. One challenge is setting dependencies, right now you can only set Finish to Start. I would like to have more flexibility with the dependencies in my project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to share my same experience, give it a shot yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Encore Software, LLC is a software company that publishes products in retail and digital channels. We use TeamGantt to manage our SDLC projects from inception to launch. I have successfully launched products from projects that used TeamGantt for the entire SDLC, with multiple projects and team members.

What Project Management solution do you use?

TeamGantt review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Simple and Effective!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use while also providing easily understandable and actionable information. The price point is fair. I can manage an average of 20 concurrent projects with multiple PMs who share a resource pool with little trouble. The product's features are simple to master and provide me the ability to direct and manage my team without irrelevant noise.

What do you dislike?

A feature that I would like added is a simple way to see unassigned task details. This information is available but not, to my knowledge, in a quick and actionable way.

Additionally, I would highly suggest an integrated 2 factor auth system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test with a trial account. If your goals are speed, simplicity and ease of use it may be a good fit!

As a PMO Leader, I need to review and make decisions on information regarding project scheduling and resource usage often. With the TeamGantt platform I can very easily glean project health and progress, schedule adherence, and resource usage. It is easy to use (building, modifying Gantt charts) and easy to quickly process the information that it presents. Multiple PMs and administrative staff can use the tool without issue while it remains simple and intuitive for the team. Also, it provides a platform for project related communication where my team can make notes, ask questions and otherwise keep each other informed. Finally, there is an easy-to-use mobile app where my team members can keep their project tasks updated in real time while away from their desks working remotely.

TeamGantt review by Constantin S.
Constantin S.

"A very good tool for well-organized and disciplined people"

What do you like best?

It is a powerful tool that helps you understand what's happening with your projects. It ensures you the helicopter view (in case the other colleagues use the app as well). Another good point is that it helps you see all the processes in one place and you don't have any uncovered one. It is very handy and was a good relief, when using it during the trial period.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there aren't any in-app notifications, that means, that you have to always check your email (that is not so easy for some people). All has to be in one place, maybe even an internal chat.

Other features are just a thing to learn and to adapt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, you have to change yourselves, meaning, to become more organized and disciplined, then you can use efficiently the project management tool.

At the moment I've just tested the soft and, generally, I liked it a lot. The last problem is that not every person could use it with ease.

TeamGantt review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Easy to use Project Management"

What do you like best?

It is quick and easy to use and update. It does not take a lot of time to get your projects entered and start using the system. I have used MS project in the past and while it is incredibly strong, it is too time consuming for most projects. There are examples of very resource heavy projects that need something like that, but for most people that are looking for PM software, their projects are not that difficult. This is something that does not take longer to use than the project takes to complete!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike about TeamGantt. However, I am not sure of it's power with Portfolio management, as I have not used it for that purpose. I have also not needed to use the document storage postions, so I cannot speak to that use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not needed to contact service support. Though I have followed TeamGantt on LinkedIn for years because they have great blogs on PM topics, so I feel like the info is out there if you need it. Also, no software will solve the problem of a disorganized project, you have to take the time to create a plan, monitor the project and update it in the software- it is not magic, just a tool to help you do your job.

I have used many project management products and this is the easiest to use while being robust enough to actually track multi-level projects with different colleagues. This is the perfect product that lies in between the overly simple Trello and the overly complicated MS Project. Also, it sends notifications when items become due- but consolidates them into one email per due date instead of an email for each item- which quickly fills up an inbox.

TeamGantt review by Calvin K.
Calvin K.

"Making complex projects run smooth."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the complex details of each job are located in one spot so I do not have to keep track of every detail by memory. This also allows others working on their respective part to review the status of the job without being dependent on me for the answers. One additional component that has been helpful is that each task has a "request progress update" tab that sends the assigned person an email asking for an update. This has significantly decreased the amount of time I used to spend using various communication tools in an attempt to determine the progress of a job.

What do you dislike?

Compliance tasks from templates can still show up as pending tasks in the generated emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to new users is that they watch videos and participate in as many of the weekly live training sessions TeamGantt has to offer.

TeamGantt has allowed the strengths of each individual to now work together as a team. We are all able to see the status of a project and can help the current task to completion as well as prep for the next task. Overall, it has helped us see not only individual details of each job but also to take a step back and look at the overall timeline of a large complex job and begin making changes before it becomes an issue.

TeamGantt review by Braden L.
Braden L.

"Simplicity and elegance define the TeamGantt experience."

What do you like best?

The ability to start projects intuitively without guidance from bots or any pregenerated instructions.

What do you dislike?

Some of the minimum functionality such as assigning users should be included in the basic (free) version. Cost is high per user. Our company is now looking at ways around rolling it out to multiple users.

Bugs:

1. When editing new tasks that do not allow you to select a certain character spot (only fixes when you refresh the page).

2. Scrolling in full screen stops working (only fixes when you refresh the page).

I've seen both of these issues called out online. Minor problem, but a recurring annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the place to start!

Scheduling and planning for major projects. We need to plan an enormous amount of executables prior to running sessions at our place of business. We're hoping that TeamGantt will allow us to start and finish our project tasks on time while hitting our required milestones.

TeamGantt review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Intuitive project management"

What do you like best?

Able to hit the ground running. The interface supports milestones, resources, users and so many other cool features. Moving items and realigning schedules is very straight forward. Outside resources can be assigned to tasks, Users can be assigned to tasks. Reports can be run to determine what resources are holding up the project. Comments allow context aware dialog about specific tasks. Comments can have mentions which provide another mechanism for directed communication.

What do you dislike?

We had people create resources which were duplicates of users. If I had a wish it would be some mechanism to enforce proper use of resources and users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a spin, I think you will find that ramping up is fairly quick.

Collaboration among developers and analysts. TeamGantt allows management to know where a project is in it's life cycle. What resources are being used. Which resources/users are holding the process up. Where additional resources might be needed.

TeamGantt review by Joey M.
Joey M.

"Great, intuitive tool for planning projects and activities of all sizes"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use and I've shared with team members if various different roles over the years.

What do you dislike?

A couple of times I've dragged the wrong item/task to a new day or time and I wasn't sure how to revert the change or where the original item was meant to be. To be fair I've not looked to see if there is change tracking or version control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth watching the short starting up video tutorials. I didn't when I'd used TeamGantt in a previous role and learned lots of small tricks and better ways of using the product in just a few minutes when we started using it in a new team recently.

Sometimes, when we have a number of different small projects in the air it's just easy to throw them all into a Gantt to check that we are not over promising based on available resources. Our internal stakeholders appreciate that we can show them a clear plan with milestones and deliverables mapped out.

TeamGantt review by Dr. Juan R.
Dr. Juan R.

"Love everything about the product!!"

What do you like best?

I love the overall interface but I think the Discussion feature for tasks is especially useful. Furthermore, the fact that we can use markdown and attach documents, allows us to create a relevant history of material for a particular task that includes all kinds of documentation, code snippets, math. It has replaced my use of cloud storage for the purposes of communication about technique issues.

What do you dislike?

The service is a bit slow in China from where I use it. It was not so easy at the beginning to know where to click to edit and to include discussions. But after doing it a couple of times, it was easy.

I would also see more people in academia use it, where it has tremendously improved our productivity management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! They have a great service team and will help your needs.

It has never been as easy and effective to track work progress in academia. I work with a group of 10 graduate students on a host of small and large projects alike. TeamGantt has really helped us to streamline management, which otherwise would often fallen through the cracks. The students are totally integrated into the process.

TeamGantt review by MacKenzie K.
MacKenzie K.

"Excellent project mgmt product that keeps our remote team organized! "

What do you like best?

TeamGantt is exactly what it sounds like - a tool for creating impeccable gantt charts that can be shared, edited and organized by as many collaborators as a customer desires. However, the product - albeit simple enough - has been designed with an incredible attention to detail and is extremely intuitive to use. I love that I can easily see projects from a high level perspective, or click again to dive down into the weeds of a specific task. I love that my team and I can easily upload files related to a task, or even start chats pertaining to a project or task (much easier than flipping back and forth between Slack and a second, project mgmt tool!). Another favorite feature - just about every dashboard within this tool can be displayed in multiple ways. This is great for teams because everyone has different preferences when it comes to how information is viewed and best understood.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints! I have yet to find a flaw.

TeamGantt has been great for our team - we are a small private equity and venture capital firm that works with our portfolio in a hands-on way. With this in mind, many of our team members wear multiple "hats" and keeping track of who is doing what can become confusing, quickly. On top of that, we have team members located all over Canada. TeamGantt keeps everyone on track and makes it easy to chat about various projects, down to the exact detail, without flooding each others' inboxes constantly. Further, it's super intuitive and has great training resources - this is a big plus for us, as our team is rapidly growing. Personally, I travel a lot and find the mobile app extremely helpful - can check in on who is doing what and what is expected of me, even if I can't get on my laptop.

TeamGantt review by Cristina Marie C.
Cristina Marie C.

"Perfect for project management"

What do you like best?

I like the granularity that comes in the charting portion of the software - the fact that you can specify day by day and control how you view the charts is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike personally - as a project manager and a developer - is that there isn't a clear way to max somebody's hours or prompt the PM to say 'hey, this person has x amount of tasks/conflicts'. It would be helpful to have some sort of indicator when scheduling a task to show potential scheduling issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth a try. As a project manager, it helps tremendously when trying to manage projects and resources - but fair warning, it doesn't solve the personnel issue if the team can't not build in the software into their natural workflow.

The benefits is that multiple project managers are able to manage multiple projects at the same time with the same team. It's so much easier to plan out projects that span anywhere from 1 months to 1.5 years. It's also helpful that you can publicly display this timeline for people outside of the team to see.

TeamGantt review by Gabriel P.
Gabriel P.

"Useful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The way you build gantt here is fast and really useful. We were able to sync more since we started using Team Gantt, this had great results in the work. It is amazing and i'm going to get a full service soon, i already use Slack, Odoo and Trello, and some of them work great connecting each other. Try to add more social networks to it, this way we could have more information in every proyect we work at.

What do you dislike?

Maybe i would make it more social, that way you could create gantt with everyone you work with. If more people use it, better it gets. We need to make this kind of tools free or not so expensive. this way we can make the world a better place, i always work trying to give the world something useful. Thank you for doing all of this, i just think it is a little expensive for small business or maybe asociations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should talk to your team about how important is to use it.

Coordination and home office. First time i used got to clear all the info i had in my head, placing tasks to myself. When i could get my business partner to use it, our business worked as best as never did before.

Now im getting ready with a big proyect and we are 3 members, suddenly i'll add more people who work with me.

TeamGantt review by Roselee H.
Roselee H.

"A convenient tool for project management"

What do you like best?

I like working with this product because I can do a lot of good. A good and understandable way to work with the chart. I have the opportunity to manage all my work on projects. Very good and fast work. The application is cloudy, so everything is stored on the Internet and accessible from any computer. I like the fact that changes in project planning are reflected in real time with the ability to notify everyone about the project team.

What do you dislike?

I skip the mobile application or the mobile version of the website because whenever I try to change the schedule on my mobile device, I try my best to use the right places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to track the status of the project in real time in an easy-to-use and accessible tool has helped us improve our "direct visibility" in various projects, as well as ensure efficient work of employees and high workload.

Very good product. All your projects. Documents and conversations are immediately connected to the task. I like this software and I recommend it.

TeamGantt review by Delinda S.
Delinda S.

"Control all your working needs. "

What do you like best?

Easy to create and track the diagram. The very simple to manage my projects and see a complete working process. Much better to build task. The easy way of dragging and dropping our tasks to plan the projects.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to say bad about this platform.I don't have any hard mistakes with working tools. All process also bring wonderful results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is useful for all of us. You will make easy to keep track on your action lists which will save your time. Great that with this platform you will control all conversation and instrument. With this solution, you will know that all important data will be in your related task.

Much easy to sort out our schedule. With the ability to drag or dropping to a diagram. We found that our work more effective and comfortable. For sure it is a best controlling system in the working process.

TeamGantt review by Logan S.
Logan S.

"Have everything that you really need. "

What do you like best?

I have the better way of work on the diagram. Perfect and much easy to control my projects and see all full working process. I'm glad that now I can easily add all our tasks. To make our diagram online by easy dragging and dropping our tasks to plan our project. Makes our work lighter.

What do you dislike?

I will be honest, till now I don't meet any big problems of using that software. I like the fast way of all working process. I'm glad that I always have a powerful help from the support team, their reply is correct and fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really very helpful for the company. You will have the ability to control all conversation and documents. With this platform, you will be sure that all important information will be on your related task. Will be easy to keep all track on your action lists.

The perfect way to work on making our schedule. With the opportunity to drag or dropping to a chart makes our job more productive and comfortable. Best management system at work process. We have the best ability to the planning of the day which makes our team better.

TeamGantt review by Connie L.
Connie L.

"Very good and deep work with this software. Great manage tools."

What do you like best?

I like to work with this product as I can do a lot of good things. Good and clear way to work on the diagram. I have the ability to manage all my work on projects. Very good and fast work.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about that software. And it' is will be not good from my side to complain about it. Very good tools which will help you all the time. Good support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good software. Powerful tools. Very good for conversation and our documents. Also very good that all working information direct going to the task. Good support always gives a good help. I recommend it.

We are glad that we have a good chance to work on creating our chart. Ability to work on projects with an easy way of dragging or dropping to a schedule. Very fast work on it. The good and fast way of planning for the day.

TeamGantt review by Kari L.
Kari L.

"High School Student Time Management Success!"

What do you like best?

Student and student group project overview and utmost user friendliness!

What do you dislike?

As a prior user to "Project" as well as seeking an online program for my students (GanttProject.biz) I have absolutely no dislikes, other than potential costs to my school system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal website for which my current students have indicated they will use/recommend in the future.

As an educator of and mentor in student engineering projects, time management is crucial. Our education system delivers a "feed me" approach to deadlines for students to meet, however time management on independent project suffers from the lack of project management training. The benefits I have realized are numerous. 1. Utmost friendly user interface including the drag and drop features 2. Real time collaboration both in and out of school between student/student, student/team, team/mentor and team/teacher relations (FABULOUS!!!!) 3. 75% Reduction of student extension requests for activity and project submissions.

TeamGantt review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"Powerful, easy-to-use, accessible PM tool!"

What do you like best?

I use this tool to teach my mechanical engineering senior project students about Project Management. In the past, we've used a PC-based tool that students had to access in a computer lab. As a result, Gantt charts were static, created only when required, and rarely updated. They were seen as a distraction, rather than a help. With TeamGantt, they are easy to create, update, and use anytime, anywhere. We now can use them as our main tool for discussing project status - as intended!

What do you dislike?

The key limitations, from my perspective are:

1) By default, the dates for each task are established by clicking & dragging. There is no 'natural' way to force the Gantt chart to automatically establish all task dates by dependencies.

2) The tool only includes Finish-to-Start dependencies.

3) Adding users on an account takes time, particularly if you have a lot to add.

However, given all the benefits, I think these are minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial. It make take a couple of days to get used to.

We plan, assign, and track all tasks in year-long 3-person team projects with mechanical engineering students.

TeamGantt review by Casey W.
Casey W.

"TeamGantt is used everyday to manage multiple projects at the same time."

What do you like best?

The ability to view multiple jobs and assignee's at once, and the ability to adjust from that screen. (not having to go to an individual project to adjust)

What do you dislike?

The only way to notify trade partners of schedule is to print to PDF and send as email. (Time consuming) It would be great to have a way to send schedules via email directly from TeamGantt

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great resource to have. I have attempted to use other scheduling software that is part of our construction software. It has been easier using TeamGantt as a separate system because of its abilities and user friendliness.

Trade partner utilization and capacity. Tracking to see who can do which jobs and when.

TeamGantt review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Using Team Gantt with my Project work"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can get to my charts from anywhere I have an internet connection and my IPad ..with the contract work I am doing here in NZ I do tend to travel a bit so being able to log in and update the schedules is so helpful. It is easy to use on my IPad or my PC as it is browser driven. Simple to read and to update I have already recommended it to other business colleagues

What do you dislike?

I would love you to add a Graphical Work Breakdown Structure module. That's not really a dislike it's more of a Wishlist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth using. I looked around and this product ticked all my requirements... even a very basic user can get so much out of this...

Mobility between my work in Tauranga and Auckland and keeping progress updated.. And also with my new project work expanding into Video production and event planning I am able to keep other people up to date and allow them to make slight changes to the schedules...

TeamGantt review by Sunny L.
Sunny L.

"A great way to manage your products"

What do you like best?

Generally speaking, this is a software that it's easy to use. I would say it is a good alternative to MS Project because it has the same features. You don't need to be an expert to understand how to use this software. It is a software great for collaboration thanks to its features.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of pricey. It is worth the money, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to meet your goals then this is the right software for you.

We like to use TeamGantt for all our projects, and it's the best we have ever tried. It really meets our expectatives and has what we're looking for in a PM software. It is not complex and we have fun tracking our projects.

TeamGantt review by Nishant J.
Nishant J.

"Best tool we've found to plan multiple simultaneous projects across the quarter and time track "

What do you like best?

Ability to map out multiple projects across the quarter visually in a gantt format and assign tasks within these projects (with infinite nesting for subtasks) to team members. The most useful feature is the colour coded alerts when an individual team member has been allocated too many hours on any single day across all their projects, so we can redistribute those tasks as a team to ensure no one is ever allocated too many hours on any given day. The time tracking feature built into the app is extremely helpful as well. The daily task view for each team member is also great, and the ability to see how many hours each team member has allocated on any day and which projects/tasks they are working on in any day, just by hovering your mouse over their day on the calendar, is super helpful in reallocating tasks.

What do you dislike?

No burndown chart feature yet that looks at hours remaining, but this can be approximated by the percentage complete bar for each task and project, that aggregates all the way up to a percentage complete bar for multiple projects, which is quite useful.

We have used it to help us with our quarterly planning, helping to spread out multiple simultaneous projects visually across all the days in the quarter at the granular task level and distribute our teams total work hours sensibly with no teammate getting more than a manageable number of hours every single day. Teamgantt has really helped us ensure that projects are spread out sensibly across the quarter without overloading any single team member. It has also helped us time track efficiently, set baselines for time tracking, and provide lots of data to help us improve our time estimation as a team and become more efficient and accurate at planning.

TeamGantt review by Asteria M.
Asteria M.

"It is a very easy and flexible tool for project management"

What do you like best?

I like that you can display yours or your teams tasks properly. It is a tool that can easily use someone without having necessarily experience on project management. It has a number of tutorials helping the users to learn easily how to use it , and the user can easily see the number of tasks that everyday has to complete.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more choices for the project plan, like seeing the tasks as days not only as hours and also to be able to see the tasks turning from gantt view to board view. Also, I would like to be able to filter the criteria when I want to print my project plan so as to be able to print only the columns I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really useful tool that even in the free edition you can edit it and make your project plan and even print it.

I have used it for educational / training purposes and every member of the team was informed via email for every change that occurred and its projects that has to complete. I also use it for informing the companies about the stages and the steps of each project. Internally, I can see which one of our team is entitled to complete specific tasks, with whom needs to cooperate and which task has dependencies and which are them and finally I am able to monitor the progress of the project per task.

TeamGantt review by Sergey S.
Sergey S.

"Useful, beautiful and very comfortable tool to work with huge projects."

What do you like best?

This tool is very powerful and very easy to use in the same time. We are using it for managing of very huge project and client is directly involved to this process. We checked many popular project management applications, but stopped on this one, because client doesn’t need to have any specific technical education and here he can easily to watch for the work on the project: which request is in progress, which request is planned to work after current one will be completed and when exactly any item will be deployed to production. And all of this is available in graphic view what is extremely important for understanding. You can use it for analytics, planning, print to PDF and show to other teams.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is not very comfortable to edit request item in case when it’s very long. Also there is no auto-refreshing of screen when any other team member updated or added new request

The project development is became much more client-transparent (because of great graphical representation). Planning, analytics and work with other teams are became much more easier - as result it has improved productivity of all team members

TeamGantt review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"A quality tool"

What do you like best?

TeamGantt is a tool that i have experienced at various stages throughout its development, and it gone from strength to strength over the course of the last few years.

What do you dislike?

my only criticism and it is a small one, is that the tool doesn't provide much in the way of a "How To" when you first start, however if you are familiar with Gantt charts in general, you wont have any trouble in finding your way around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a product that simplifies the process of making and maintaining your gantt charts, this is the product for you. it brings a quite frankly useful but boring (yes i will say it) part of the project life cycle in to the 21st century and does so in style.

a straight forward and easy way to build a project timeline and track workflow

i am solving issues around a development project that i am currently carrying out, i have been advised to use spreadsheet software to create gantt charts, however i am not entirely confident in doing this and have little experience using this method. that is when i decided to scope out alternative options, and found team gantt. this product provides all of the necessary format in a templated style which you can then simply add your information to, by taking this approach i have been able to learn more about how a gantt chart can help when carrying out a project.

TeamGantt review by Luca V.
Luca V.

"Project Manager"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, simplicity and yet powerful features that it offers. The fact that it's web based is an amazing plus for external collaborators. It's easy to share schedules, tasks and project overview with other team members. It's solid and fast, I already have 7 months worth of planning on my project and it's as responsive and usable as the first day. It's really hard for me not to recommend it, and I can't imagine working without it in the future.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. Its every aspect is well curated and functional, even people new to gantt charts can pick it up and use it quickly and effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it only takes a few minutes to get started. Try and bring your existing tasks/planning to it and you will instantly be able to see your project under a new light, so bright in fact that you will likely notice something you didn't see before! Also, it's free for your first project!

Before landing on Teamgantt I was having a hard time having an accurate overview of the time that went into each completed feature of the project, and the projection estimates. I tried Trello, but it wasn't giving me the bird's eye view I needed to properly manage a multi-year spanning project. I felt amazingly empowered as soon as I finished migrating all tasks, it finally made sense, and gave me the insight I was looking for.

TeamGantt review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"TeamGantt Made My Summer Manageable"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is 100% cloud based and so easy to use. My entire team is able to access the software on any device and see what they are supposed to be doing that day, report on progress, and communicate needs.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I encountered that I did not like. There were some features in the paid version that I wished were free, but I understand the need to have something for people to pay for too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using TeamGantt if you are looking for an easy to use project management software.

I am the Director of Technology at a private school and our summer projects can be overwhelming. There is so much to get done and so little time. TeamGantt allowed our whole team to map out our projects, assign the tasks, and track completion together. It was great!

TeamGantt review by Karen O.
Karen O.

"Staying On Track in a Crazy World"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features of Team Gantt is the ability to convert the tasks into subgroups or milestones within my major projects. This allows me to make a repeatable to-do list for each of the tasks I need to complete to complete a major project.

For example, I am restructuring a YouTube channel. In order to keep everything straight, I created a subgroup for each video; once each video is done, I can see just how much closer I am to completion!

I use milestones for those "switch-flip" moments like when I hit "Publish" for a new blog. It lets my manager know the task is done!

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are so many features I and my coworkers did not know about; however, we scheduled a learning session with a rep and have integrated several of the new features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find yourself writing sticky notes, sending emails, and setting reminders, Team Gantt can help you by consolidating all of those tasks. Just take the leap and try it.

Often times, my coworkers and I are working on several projects at once (usually between 7 and 10). When we're this busy, it's easy to get caught up on one and forget another and it's difficult to keep our managers up to date on where our current project status lies. With Team Gantt, we can assign ourselves and each other tasks from several projects each do to make sure all of them are moving forward and our managers can log on, see our time sheets and how our projects are progressing.

TeamGantt review by João A.
João A.

"Multi-utility tool"

What do you like best?

TeamGantt is a great tool, not only for project management, but also for deadline management for personal manufacturing (I use it to control my illustrations' demands - when I should start producing them - and I mark with a milestone sign when it's due to delivery).

What do you dislike?

I miss a mobile application or a mobile version of the website, because whenever I try to modify the gantt graph on my mobile I struggle to tap the right places.

I thought of it as a way to solve scheduling of my illustrations, because before I didn't have an organised schedule, and often clogged my week with too many projects due to very soon. So I realized that it provided me a way to divide my week equally among the illustrations and my work is way better organized now.

TeamGantt review by Sandeep S.
Sandeep S.

"TeamGantt is a delighter!"

What do you like best?

Overall ease of use, killer UX. Ability to share permanent links even with free plan.

What do you dislike?

I have some minor cribs, e.g. shared perma-links do not show labels on tasks. However, nothing major.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've trialled and rejected a number of Gantt charing software before picking TeamGantt. I highly recommend it!

I used TeamGantt primarily for Program planning, co-ordination, stakeholder communication and dependency management. A link to my program plan in TeamGantt is always embedded in my daily and weekly reports. It helps me stay on top of a very large and complex product delivery program. Not a day goes by when I do not pull up TeamGantt to communicate overarching direction to the execution teams as well as the business stakeholders. Thanks to TeamGantt, I've been able to achieve high degree of alignment within stakeholders, product owners, and execution teams!

TeamGantt review by Clifton H.
Clifton H.

"To control your project"

What do you like best?

I can easily plan and control my projects with this perfect the software. With all my team or friends we can edit or just view diagram is simply easy.I like it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to tell that I don't see any bad negative feature on this platform.I like that software and will use it. I guess that in this platform you will have everything that you will need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very great product. All your projects info. Documents and conversations are connected immediately to the task.I like that software and I will recommend.

To us very easy to create our chart online by drag and drop our tasks to the schedule of our project.It takes few minutes. Very good to have the project planning for every day.

TeamGantt review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Timeline feature is excellent."

What do you like best?

One of the major reason to move on this platform is just a timeline feature which really helps me to organize the tasks/projects with proper planning.

What do you dislike?

One of the major disappointing feature is the time sheet management. I really cannot grab the detailed information for the team work hours, neither the team cannot lock the hours with customized title/heading instead of selection of tasks as required field.

Another disappointing feature is about loading multiple projects at a time. If we have just 6 - 7 peoples of team and each person has multiple projects/tasks assigned. So, If we load all projects It will take pretty much time to load. This is the one I really dislike and takes a lot time every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes definitely I would recommend. However the time management is the only bad of TeamGantt. Otherwise it has everything in very good direction.

One of the best feature ever is a timeline which forced me to move on this platform. It really resolve my problem to manage the team and tasks/projects. -- Looks super awesome to me!

TeamGantt review by Karla M. V.
Karla M. V.

"TeamGantt Review"

What do you like best?

I like how the Gantt chart is completely collaborative online, similar to how Google Drive works with its documents. TeamGantt is also very easy to use, to modify, and to share. Also, it is a visually pleasing website. Additionally, TeamGantt sends out a daily digest to the project members, which is very useful as a reminder and useful for keeping track of tasks and progress.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints with Team Gantt, but if I had to choose something, it would be to allow measuring of hours of work per task without having to have a premium account. Another solution would be to allow students to use this feature with a verified student account or something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others considering TeamGantt to choose it as their project management tool, specifically for breaking down tasks and creating a Gantt chart. It is very easy and convenient. Also, visually, it is a great application.

My team is solving a problem for a doctor who needs a website to manage medical records and to share these with his patients. It is a final project for our bachelors degree in Computer Engineering.

TeamGantt review by John W.
John W.

"A complete, well crafted and great looking timeline to share with my clients"

What do you like best?

We needed to share a professional looking gantt chart (timeline) of our book projects with our clients. We looked at every system and TeamGantt provided the best scenario. It is simple focused on being a great gantt styled project management system. They are not trying to be everything.

What do you dislike?

Missing a few key project management principles in their execution of the dependencies functionality and UI when creating dependencies could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a project management system only. (Like Microsoft project) TeamGantt is current, easy to use, very professional looking and you can share project information both inside and outside your organization seamlessly.

We are able to properly track our long term project as they evolve and see the impact of the project end as changes are made. It allows us to offer a professional service to our clients

TeamGantt review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Project management without the weeds"

What do you like best?

It's a simple, intuitive interface, especially if you tend to work in the list mode, where I do the most of my work. Our organization tended to do project management via e-mail and PowerPoint updates, without a real good send of the time factor, and very little repositories for artifacts, schedule, budgets. We could never get on the same page. We wither had too much PM, or not enough. TeamGantt is our solution, and it has really made a difference in our work. It's become the standard, we have more productive meetings, and anyone can get up to speed on projects quickly. Nice interface, easy to learn, way to go, folks!

What do you dislike?

Pricing for partners and people who are rare contributors. We have contractors in our ecosystems who are "read-only" types, and it seems like a lot of money for a short 5-6 month project to spin them up and down.

Project management and managing the program of developing IT skills certification for our consortium of 220+ companies, the leading telco's of the world.

TeamGantt review by jeanette d.
jeanette d.

"Testing out the product to see if its a tools that works for the team "

What do you like best?

the price is what got our attention - we were looking at alternative and this seemed like a goo option for what we were looking to accomplish

What do you dislike?

none so far - migration of information from other in flight projects - due to this we are using to systems creating extra work

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a team we are still testing. It is easy to navigate through and learn which they like, though we are having difficulties using it with our other projects currently in flight as there is a lot to manually integrate making for extra work .

None at this time - as we are still implementing and testing usage and benefits

TeamGantt review by User

"Has made sweeping changes in the we organize, schedule and share information."

What do you like best?

Tasks can be delegated to the appropriate person/s and the process can be watched by anyone involved in a particular task. Reminders can be set by one person for a task that actually needs to be accomplished by another team member, making team planning a more worry free process.

What do you dislike?

I think that the mobile app could be better designed. I rely on Gantt so much for my inter office organization, that even when away from the office, the first place I go to with a question is the Gantt app on my phone. Even though I can find the answers there, it could have a more user-friendly interface.

Helps to organize as a team. If one part a task is accomplished by one user, it can be assigned to the next responsible, while allowing all original members access to progress.

TeamGantt review by Bridgette H.
Bridgette H.

"simple as you wish and loaded with function"

What do you like best?

Starting off I've kept TeamGantt as a simple to do list for my massive real estate development project. It's working very well on the computer and app. My team is about to expand and I'm feeling good knowing that it will be easy to on board people and show them exactly where the task are for their quick start. I'm so at ease knowing how easy it will be to grow the team.

Also, the list view and gantt view are very helpful to me to see and show others where the project is in progress.

What do you dislike?

It's a big jump from 0-5 in team members and/or 0-$40/mo for my start up. We are long before revenues and cash flow is tight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get started.

getting things done with long time lines.

TeamGantt review by Jens A.
Jens A.

"A great tool for managing your projects"

What do you like best?

TeamGantt works really great. It's easy to get started, and you will have a basic planning within a few minutes. You don't need to install any software to open-up the website which make it easy to work with on each OS.

I like the way they handle the task hierarchy, it's even possible to have dependencies across different levels within the hierarchy. The overview is very clear and you can use different colours for your tasks and/or groups, which I use to mark tasks from the same type (but across different groups).

Besides that also the different user roles can be handy if you have colleagues who just need to watch the planning, but shouldn't edit it.

And a lot more :-).

What do you dislike?

The features is miss the most is the possibility to have other type of dependencies. Currently, it's only possible to have end-to-start dependencies. Besides that, a public API might be useful to link it with our other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great (online) tool if you're looking for an easy way of managing your project plans. Just use the trial first (you can use it for free for a single project) so you can see if it matches your requirements.

At the office, we use it for our project plans. We searched for an online tool since not everyone works on the same OS and TeamGantt works perfectly in a browser. Personally I also use it for a planning of my renovation.

TeamGantt review by Casey S.
Casey S.

"Great for college students, and in general!"

What do you like best?

This software is free if you only use one project with 3 users on it, I just use one project with one user (myself) and it works great! The UI is really pleasing to look at and this really helps me manage my homework workload. I am able to hide completed tasks automatically without deleting them and only display tasks that are due in a week, this is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

On my 13 inch Macbook Pro, I have to go in full screen to see enough projects at once because there are too many UI elements around the main gantt chart window. Although, this could be that I have 10-15 tasks that need to be completed at a time which may be higher than the standard gantt chart program user. Also, using this on a smartphone is not that enjoyable, I would love to see at least a mobile optimized version of this software so I can check what tasks I have going on during little periods of down time. Also, you can not have groups of tasks default to a specific color, I have each class as a different color so this would be a nice feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in using gantt charts, this free option is a great place to get started! Personally, I have continued to stick with this program as it meets my needs.

I am a college student and this is helping solve my time management issue that I ran into with my first semester of college. I have plenty of homework that needs to be done and this program has helped me visualize everything that I have going on so I do not get behind like I did in the past. I also am able to toss in some personal projects I have going on into the program so I can manage every task I would like to complete!

TeamGantt review by Agency
Agency

"Fast and easy, syncs with Basecamp"

What do you like best?

We manage our projects via Basecamp and I love that each project can be synced with TeamGantt to provide a gantt chart. Changes are being shown vice versa - perfect. Plus it's very easy do adjust timelines by simply dragging and connect tasks for heredity structures.

What do you dislike?

The print-out process is a bit tricky sometimes, so many options... But once you it figured out it's ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are stuck with a feature - chat with the support team, a chat window is available in the lower right corner when being logged-in. They help asap and solved any problem I had in the past with TeamGantt.

With TeamGantt I can share complex web-based project overviews with our clients (read-only) so they can follow any changes "live" if they want or wait for the regular email notifications after any updates.

"Awesome product!!"

What do you like best?

The Trello integration makes it really easy for us to see our project in different views. Also, customer service has been super responsive and helpful. The product works just as expected and definitely helps us prioritize tasks that are dependent on each other.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were even more integrations with Trello actions! For example - it would be cool if when I moved a ticket to a certain list on my Trello board, the % completed automatically changed to 100%. Also, it would be nice to be able to create Trello cards from within TeamGantt, rather than just the other way around.

Managing a complex project across multiple teams with lots of dependencies. Before TeamGantt, when someone delivered a project late, it took a lot of time to figure out how the rest of the project was impacted. With TeamGantt, it's easy to see what the effects are.

TeamGantt review by Teresa C.
Teresa C.

"good UX"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a complete and easy to use tool to manage time sheets and planification for my team.

I've tested TONS of tools and found TeamGant very powerful. Even if some feature can still be improved (in particular the reports) the UI is quite clear and simple and the GANTT view is really useful. TeamGantt allows a better global view, better collaboration and great Team Availability vision.

What do you dislike?

Reports are very basics. I'd like to add comments to each time entry (day by day) and by now it is not possible. A better integration of leaves (sick leave and vacations) would be really appreciable.

My main concern is to have a good vision of the workload: which team member is overloaded, which one is not, when I'll have free ressources to plan a new project... Several tools on the Project Management market don't provide good solutions/visualizations for that. Of course we need time sheets and reports but the Team Availability for future projects is as important as Time spent on current projects!

TeamGantt review by Craig R.
Craig R.

"Excellent software. Handles project tracking in a collaborative system really well"

What do you like best?

The fact that everyone involved in the project can be involved, both checking timelines and updating them as required. Updating percentages on completion and inputting progress notes against the task is so helpful. I love the feature to request a percentage update from the people assigned to a specific task.

What do you dislike?

The lack of reporting tools. Be nice to be able to build various graphs from data that exists inside teamgantt without having to take it to excel or such.

I wish to have more control when multiple people are assigned to the same task. For example being able to control how much of the percentage complete can be updated by multiple people. At the moment if 3 people are assigned to the same task, 1 of those people could update the task to 100%. This is useful for some tasks, but often you wish each party assigned to update that they have completed the task themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent software, and one they release an API later on this year it will be a very useful tool to most businesses.

Our company produces around 30 half an hour training videos specializing in health care related topics. We use the this tool to manage the entire process, and it helps in ensuring that deadlines will be met by being able to visually see where projects are moving off track and adjusting before big bottlenecks or other problems occur.

TeamGantt review by Dmitrii I.
Dmitrii I.

"I've been looking for such tool for quite some time"

What do you like best?

1 - it helps me a lot with me being a visual person to manage my project

2 - I'm running a startup and it's free for 1 project

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I would improve the sensitivity of cursor on a Gantt board so that I can more easy change the duration of a task or/and move the whole task to a different time window.

Lack of visibility and project transparency are solved with it.

Inability to track progress and get current status of the entire project is solved now.

Issues with moving tasks in and out is solved.

Sharing Gantt chart snapshot is now possible.

TeamGantt review by Laurynas V.
Laurynas V.

"Best gantt chart software and more than that."

What do you like best?

The easiness of adding and controlling different timelines, ease of control and onboarding new people.

What do you dislike?

Needs more improvement on the working speed, usually takes time to load the flash (i would imagine) and moving stuff around is not sometimes straight forward (due to the speed issue).

One more concrete small annoying thing I found if you want to extend the timeline of a task beyond the months you see on the table at that moment it gets stuck, need to drag it couple of times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the video manuals and follow the introductions, then play with your view settings so you see as much as you need to see

it provides a visual understanding of a project lifecycle so you can see bottlenecks and concrete problems the project will face in the future.

TeamGantt review by Nicole B.
Nicole B.

"Nice place to work!"

What do you like best?

My colleagues and I only work with TeamGantt. You know exactly when and what to do. Very clear and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Many functions that do something similar, like Gantt, Calendar and List. It takes a bit before you know the functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend it

We make videos for customers and they go through many steps. So we can see in which step the project is and how long it has been worked on. Also, what kind of video is, is marked in color.

Team Gantt helps us work together better and faster

TeamGantt review by Jawad M.
Jawad M.

"Zero learning curve and amazing UI"

What do you like best?

Teamgantt stands out from legacy software due to its intuitive, modern and easy to use UI. There's no learning curve and they teach you features with a funny 30 second videos.

What do you dislike?

The export options could have be more comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most of the tools we try out end up being not used. TeamGantt however proved to be otherwise. I recommend trying it out for one project at least.

With teamgantt I am in a better position to plan, manage and audit what went wrong with project timeline. Previously, most of my projects used to overshoot timeline.

TeamGantt review by User

"A simplistic, user friendly project management tool"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of Project Management tools out there and i've tried and tested quite a few, but I find Team Gantt to be the best by far! The main frustration I have with timelines and PM are that the online tools are messy, cluttered and old fashioned - Team Gantt is extremely user friendly and has a simplistic overview of your project, with a lovely palette of colours and a simplistic minimal font that makes using it very enjoyable!

What do you dislike?

When exporting the timeline to pdf, it seems a bit too stripped back and compared to the working view, the pdf view doesn't represent the timeline at it's best. I would like this feature to be improved and knowing Team Gantt, (who are constantly evolving) it will be!

A slick and simple overview of a project timeline, highlighting deadlines and ownership of tasks.

Learning about TeamGantt?

* We monitor all TeamGantt reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.