TeamSQL

TeamSQL is a multi-platform data client built for collaboration, usability and performance. TeamSQL supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS Redshift and Redis - runs on macOS, Linux and Windows.

Work for TeamSQL?

Learning about TeamSQL?

TeamSQL Reviews

Ask TeamSQL a Question
Showing 21 TeamSQL reviews
TeamSQL review by Ilya R.
Ilya R.

"TeamSQL is a great tool for daily work with SQL-databases"

What do you like best?

I started studying computer science only at the age of 33 and recently received a job offer as a data scientist. I needed to work with MariaDB / MySQL and PostgreSQL databases in my work. Recently, I had an experience working with various tools. But I did not like any tool. And started to search.

TeamSQL - this is what I needed. Convenient and intuitive interface that really beautiful. The aesthetics of computer programs is an important factor for me because I spend five days a week behind the monitor screen at work. And the way we feel ourselves during the work affects the overall quality of our lives.

TeamSQL is easy to configure. I had no problems connecting to the server with SSH-tunnelling. SQL code can be formatted and beautified. The query results can be exported to data exchange formats or saved to Google Drive. I have not examined the full features of teamwork in TeamSQL, but I think that this is the main advantage of this program.

What do you dislike?

I like everything in this program and this is what I needed for all past years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TeamSQL as for me is a step forward in a design of desktop programs for working with SQL databases.

I work as a data analyst and data scientist at a FinTech startup and I make SQL queries to a corporate database to make visualizations and reports for everyday decision making. TeamSQL helps me to do it fast.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TeamSQL
TeamSQL review by Ivo J.
Ivo J.

"TeamSQL is hands down the best SQL GUI out there."

What do you like best?

A Very clean and modern look, not only it is eye-catching but packed with features.

I can quit without saving that nothing gets lots.

It records a detailed history of the queries I've ran and this is amazing when I'm trying to backtrack the steps I did to reach some place.

I can turn any query result into a chart and export that to a PNG file or something I can later use on a presentation, slap onto a task card, share with my team mates..

Great tool

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing there to dislike...

The only think I wish this had was some sort of heroku integration so I wouldn't have to type in access credentials

I'm using TeamSQL as a means to query and manipulate data and to draw some charts.

Charting is amazingly easy and makes discussing things with my team mates quite easy as the data is now visual!

What Relational Databases solution do you use?

TeamSQL review by Neo M.
Neo M.

"Good, modern and polished tool for accessing databases"

What do you like best?

I like that it splits queries against tables into different tabs and that you can run individual lines on those tabs. The interface overall is also very modern and I found it a great addition to the other dev tools I use. I also really like the schema aware query completion and templating functionality. It really speeds up coming up with new queries.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be a way to customise connection properties (timeouts, etc) or even to change them once you've set them up. It would also be really nice to have the interface show triggers associated with tables in the interface.

I'm primarily using TeamSQL as a client for accessing various databases we have. Finding a data client that was as mature as this product on the macOS to use with SQL Server was not straightforward and this is arguably the best I've come across so far. I also wasn't completely familiar with the syntax and the client really helped with getting me up to speed.

TeamSQL review by Clyde A.
Clyde A.

"It's just the best period"

What do you like best?

TeamSQL is the easiest to use GUI for MAC, it has a great UI and best of all great error messages. (plus it's free)

What do you dislike?

Not really sure but maybe some tutorials on how to use some of the features within the software or stuff like that. But then that might just be a waste of money, the point is there isn't much more I would expect from a GUI, I'm sure there is room for improvement but I am no expert so I'll leave that up to them

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, you have nothing to lose plus It was the best when you had to pay (don't tell them that)

Database management, TeamSQL helps me get stuff done when it comes to data analysis

TeamSQL review by Wojciech P.
Wojciech P.

"Great tool for crossplatform usage"

What do you like best?

TeamSQL has many drivers that gives me the ability to use one tool to connect to many different databases. It also can store a queries in the cloud so this is another good fearture. What more, TeamSQL is build on electron so that I can use it on every platform I need. And this tool looks and behaves always the same.

What do you dislike?

As I came from SQL Management Studio, the way of how database objects are being grouped needs some time to get used to them. But apart from this, nothing more

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use one tool across platforms, this tool is for you. It is fast and easy to work with.

Mostly see if Database behaves correctly, write queries, stored procedures etc.

TeamSQL review by Ahmet Eren Y.
Ahmet Eren Y.

"Easy to use and User friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the history tab that saves all of my queries

What do you dislike?

When you select the production database there are yellow and black striped two lines that covers the top and bottom. I did'nt like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TeamSQL is a user friendly software. Its ui is similar to the Visual Studio Code, but they need to add more extensions and themes. I would like to use my VS Code themes in the TeamSQL. I love the ability of the saving queries and, all my queries stored in one place. I knwo where I can found them. Also TeamSQL is platform free you can use it on MacOs, Windows or Linux.

I'm using macbook pro at my office, also we are using MS SQL Server. TeamSQL solved the problem.

TeamSQL review by Ryan A.
Ryan A.

"A great SQL Client"

What do you like best?

- Saving/sharing queries with a team.

- Simple and easy on the eye & User friendly.

- Quite fast and customizable.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say that I "dislike" (it is more of a "nice to have" or I did not find it yet) - It does not allow you to open 2 query windows side-by-side.

- Effeciency in providing query reports and data extracts.

- Sharing a query with a team member has become easier as you would not forget where you saved etc.

TeamSQL review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"Clean and simple SQL querying with cloud sharing of saved queries"

What do you like best?

TeamSQL has the ability to save queries (which isn't new), but you can easily share them singularly or in groups with our team members. You simply invite other people to your team and let the sharing begin. It also works with a variety of SQL dbs which makes it a solid choice for mainstream dbs.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't consistently cancel queries and isn't as responsive as other sql IDEs I've used.

We needed a way to easily share queries as a team and avoid duplicating work for managing/updating/creating queries. TeamSQL easily enabled us to do so, and also with the added benefit of being free.

TeamSQL review by Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

"Simple yet powerful"

What do you like best?

Uncluttered modern interface, ease of use. Uses electron, so you get the same experience across OSs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but would like to see context aware code completion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The modern UI is a pleasure to work with. Regular updates keeps the product stable and bug free.

Interface is intuitive, so getting up and running should be effortless. Regular updates to make the product better. Remembers files that you may have opened in the previous session - which helps in getting started quickly.

TeamSQL review by User in Internet

"Promising but lacking performance"

What do you like best?

The potential of a collaborative SQL tool like this is huge. TeamSQL seems to have all the right features built out. For mostly performance related issues I don't find myself using it that often.

What do you dislike?

Performance is pretty bad. When working with data > 100,000 rows my queries rarely run in a timely manner or at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see if it can handle the volume of data you want to use.

The performance issues have stopped me from solving too many business problems. If it's improved than the main benefit would be collaborating and hopefully ending the creation of duplicate work.

TeamSQL review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Incredibly useful"

What do you like best?

The fact that as a newbie to SQL I can have my own collection of snippets, a graphical and simple interface and all my tables at hand make this my "tool to go" by far in terms of SQL.

What do you dislike?

I miss the fact that they do not have already a lateral panel for the snippets and that the table with the outputs doesn't match the rest of the dark theme

For me is all about making the learning curve of SQL easier, this tool helps me managing on that task and saving my previous results.

TeamSQL review by Claudio B.
Claudio B.

"Great tool, easy to use... some lacks"

What do you like best?

I like the clean interface, the team sharing features and the history tab that saves all of my queries.

What do you dislike?

Lack of plugins, lack of performance analysis.

Organization of test/production connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

sharing snippet, quality

Snippet sharing through sql developers.

TeamSQL review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Very Promising"

What do you like best?

We were looking for a cross platform solution from both the data client and OS side. TeamSQL has a roadmap for adding many great data tools which we use many of in our company. Instead of buying GUI licenses to independent ones, or learning different interfaces, TeamSQL provides easy access to all.

What do you dislike?

This is newer software, and is still buggy and lacking features at times. Their overall account and team flow is a work in progress and needs some TLC.

cross platform solution from both the data client and OS side.

TeamSQL review by User

"Easy to use GUI for testing queries"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use and connect to, and allows easy exportation of data.

What do you dislike?

Their visualization tools is a bit crappy, can do some basic graphs but nothing complex. Not very customizable.

It lets me test queries quickly and easily before deploying them.

TeamSQL review by Leo T.
Leo T.

"Team Sql is a great SQL Client"

What do you like best?

Manage and save my SQL queries is very easy. I can share it to my team.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to be more light for the processor

The fact that i can share my commands helps the productivity of my team

TeamSQL review by Amit K.
Amit K.

"Awesome workbench"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the app. From the connection setup to getting the result.

What do you dislike?

No dislike as of now. Will let u know in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By seeing the simplicity and feature.highly recommended

Workbench with simplicity and lots of add-on functionality.

TeamSQL review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fast, seamless SQL Client"

What do you like best?

Multi-platform DMBS support, dark theme, intellisense

What do you dislike?

Free plan is limited-platform (can't do MSSQL)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, recommend especially if you're deving on macOS or linux.

Ongoing dev of database code on different platforms

TeamSQL review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for collaborative SQL across Data Team"

What do you like best?

UI, ease of connection to warehouses, Code sharing & storage as well as affordable pay as you go pricing!

What do you dislike?

I wish they had better dashboarding & chart making functionalities!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It's highly affordable!

Querying & Chart across the entire team. PMs & Operations team is able to reuse code of Data team and able to speed up analysis on their end at self-serve scale!

TeamSQL review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Well-Designed Feature Intensive SQL Tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to search for data after querying. Connections to multiple data sources.

What do you dislike?

Team Sharing is great but requires work. Deleting a query in one place, deletes it everywhere. Also, different folder views would be beneficial as the query names get cut off. A well organized query storage system would be a game changer.

Sharing SQL across teams, multiple connections, organization/storage of queries

TeamSQL review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"A feature-filled SQL editor with exquisite charting options."

What do you like best?

The fact that it produces charts so easily and intuitively.

What do you dislike?

Buggy shortcuts and the need to reconnect to the database frequently.

TeamSQL allows for easy data visualization on a SQL client. Usually we would need to resort to a dashboarding service, but not when using TeamSQL.

TeamSQL review by User

"SQL assistant"

What do you like best?

The import features are great. It also has add-ins for my access database.

What do you dislike?

The UI takes a bit of time to understand, the color choices are not so great.

Solving data management and data cleaning problems Support across all timezones.

Learning about TeamSQL?

* We monitor all TeamSQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.