TeamSQL

TeamSQL is a multi-platform data client built for collaboration, usability and performance. TeamSQL supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS Redshift and Redis - runs on macOS, Linux and Windows.

Work for TeamSQL?

Learning about TeamSQL?

TeamSQL Reviews

Ask TeamSQL a Question
Showing 12 TeamSQL reviews
TeamSQL review by <span>Neo M.</span>
Neo M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that it splits queries against tables into different tabs and that you can run individual lines on those tabs. The interface overall is also very modern and I found it a great addition to the other dev tools I use. I also really like the schema aware query completion and templating functionality. It really speeds up coming up with new queries.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be a way to customise connection properties (timeouts, etc) or even to change them once you've set them up. It would also be really nice to have the interface show triggers associated with tables in the interface.

I'm primarily using TeamSQL as a client for accessing various databases we have. Finding a data client that was as mature as this product on the macOS to use with SQL Server was not straightforward and this is arguably the best I've come across so far. I also wasn't completely familiar with the syntax and the client really helped with getting me up to speed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TeamSQL
TeamSQL review by <span>Wojciech P.</span>
Wojciech P.
Validated Review

Great tool for crossplatform usage

Validated Review
What do you like best?

TeamSQL has many drivers that gives me the ability to use one tool to connect to many different databases. It also can store a queries in the cloud so this is another good fearture. What more, TeamSQL is build on electron so that I can use it on every platform I need. And this tool looks and behaves always the same.

What do you dislike?

As I came from SQL Management Studio, the way of how database objects are being grouped needs some time to get used to them. But apart from this, nothing more

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use one tool across platforms, this tool is for you. It is fast and easy to work with.

Mostly see if Database behaves correctly, write queries, stored procedures etc.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Relational Databases solution do you use?

TeamSQL review by <span>Ahmet Eren Y.</span>
Ahmet Eren Y.
Validated Review

Easy to use and User friendly

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the history tab that saves all of my queries

What do you dislike?

When you select the production database there are yellow and black striped two lines that covers the top and bottom. I did'nt like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TeamSQL is a user friendly software. Its ui is similar to the Visual Studio Code, but they need to add more extensions and themes. I would like to use my VS Code themes in the TeamSQL. I love the ability of the saving queries and, all my queries stored in one place. I knwo where I can found them. Also TeamSQL is platform free you can use it on MacOs, Windows or Linux.

I'm using macbook pro at my office, also we are using MS SQL Server. TeamSQL solved the problem.

TeamSQL review by <span>Mohammed A.</span>
Mohammed A.

Simple yet powerful

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Uncluttered modern interface, ease of use. Uses electron, so you get the same experience across OSs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but would like to see context aware code completion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The modern UI is a pleasure to work with. Regular updates keeps the product stable and bug free.

Interface is intuitive, so getting up and running should be effortless. Regular updates to make the product better. Remembers files that you may have opened in the previous session - which helps in getting started quickly.

TeamSQL review by <span>Daniel R.</span>
Daniel R.

Incredibly useful

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The fact that as a newbie to SQL I can have my own collection of snippets, a graphical and simple interface and all my tables at hand make this my "tool to go" by far in terms of SQL.

What do you dislike?

I miss the fact that they do not have already a lateral panel for the snippets and that the table with the outputs doesn't match the rest of the dark theme

For me is all about making the learning curve of SQL easier, this tool helps me managing on that task and saving my previous results.

TeamSQL review by <span>Claudio B.</span>
Claudio B.
Validated Review

Great tool, easy to use... some lacks

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the clean interface, the team sharing features and the history tab that saves all of my queries.

What do you dislike?

Lack of plugins, lack of performance analysis.

Organization of test/production connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

sharing snippet, quality

Snippet sharing through sql developers.

Learning about TeamSQL?

* We monitor all TeamSQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.