TeamSQL

TeamSQL is a multi-platform data client built for collaboration, usability and performance. TeamSQL supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS Redshift and Redis - runs on macOS, Linux and Windows.

Work for TeamSQL?

Learning about TeamSQL?

TeamSQL Reviews

Ask TeamSQL a Question
Showing 18 TeamSQL reviews
TeamSQL review by <span>Ivo J.</span>
Ivo J.

"TeamSQL is hands down the best SQL GUI out there."

What do you like best?

A Very clean and modern look, not only it is eye-catching but packed with features.

I can quit without saving that nothing gets lots.

It records a detailed history of the queries I've ran and this is amazing when I'm trying to backtrack the steps I did to reach some place.

I can turn any query result into a chart and export that to a PNG file or something I can later use on a presentation, slap onto a task card, share with my team mates..

Great tool

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing there to dislike...

The only think I wish this had was some sort of heroku integration so I wouldn't have to type in access credentials

I'm using TeamSQL as a means to query and manipulate data and to draw some charts.

Charting is amazingly easy and makes discussing things with my team mates quite easy as the data is now visual!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TeamSQL
TeamSQL review by <span>Neo M.</span>
Neo M.

"Good, modern and polished tool for accessing databases"

What do you like best?

I like that it splits queries against tables into different tabs and that you can run individual lines on those tabs. The interface overall is also very modern and I found it a great addition to the other dev tools I use. I also really like the schema aware query completion and templating functionality. It really speeds up coming up with new queries.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be a way to customise connection properties (timeouts, etc) or even to change them once you've set them up. It would also be really nice to have the interface show triggers associated with tables in the interface.

I'm primarily using TeamSQL as a client for accessing various databases we have. Finding a data client that was as mature as this product on the macOS to use with SQL Server was not straightforward and this is arguably the best I've come across so far. I also wasn't completely familiar with the syntax and the client really helped with getting me up to speed.

What Relational Databases solution do you use?

TeamSQL review by <span>Clyde A.</span>
Clyde A.

"It's just the best period"

What do you like best?

TeamSQL is the easiest to use GUI for MAC, it has a great UI and best of all great error messages. (plus it's free)

What do you dislike?

Not really sure but maybe some tutorials on how to use some of the features within the software or stuff like that. But then that might just be a waste of money, the point is there isn't much more I would expect from a GUI, I'm sure there is room for improvement but I am no expert so I'll leave that up to them

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, you have nothing to lose plus It was the best when you had to pay (don't tell them that)

Database management, TeamSQL helps me get stuff done when it comes to data analysis

TeamSQL review by <span>Wojciech P.</span>
Wojciech P.

"Great tool for crossplatform usage"

What do you like best?

TeamSQL has many drivers that gives me the ability to use one tool to connect to many different databases. It also can store a queries in the cloud so this is another good fearture. What more, TeamSQL is build on electron so that I can use it on every platform I need. And this tool looks and behaves always the same.

What do you dislike?

As I came from SQL Management Studio, the way of how database objects are being grouped needs some time to get used to them. But apart from this, nothing more

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use one tool across platforms, this tool is for you. It is fast and easy to work with.

Mostly see if Database behaves correctly, write queries, stored procedures etc.

TeamSQL review by <span>Ahmet Eren Y.</span>
Ahmet Eren Y.

"Easy to use and User friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the history tab that saves all of my queries

What do you dislike?

When you select the production database there are yellow and black striped two lines that covers the top and bottom. I did'nt like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TeamSQL is a user friendly software. Its ui is similar to the Visual Studio Code, but they need to add more extensions and themes. I would like to use my VS Code themes in the TeamSQL. I love the ability of the saving queries and, all my queries stored in one place. I knwo where I can found them. Also TeamSQL is platform free you can use it on MacOs, Windows or Linux.

I'm using macbook pro at my office, also we are using MS SQL Server. TeamSQL solved the problem.

TeamSQL review by <span>Ilya R.</span>
Ilya R.

"TeamSQL is a great tool for daily work with SQL-databases"

What do you like best?

I started studying computer science only at the age of 33 and recently received a job offer as a data scientist. I needed to work with MariaDB / MySQL and PostgreSQL databases in my work. Recently, I had an experience working with various tools. But I did not like any tool. And started to search.

TeamSQL - this is what I needed. Convenient and intuitive interface that really beautiful. The aesthetics of computer programs is an important factor for me because I spend five days a week behind the monitor screen at work. And the way we feel ourselves during the work affects the overall quality of our lives.

TeamSQL is easy to configure. I had no problems connecting to the server with SSH-tunnelling. SQL code can be formatted and beautified. The query results can be exported to data exchange formats or saved to Google Drive. I have not examined the full features of teamwork in TeamSQL, but I think that this is the main advantage of this program.

What do you dislike?

I like everything in this program and this is what I needed for all past years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TeamSQL as for me is a step forward in a design of desktop programs for working with SQL databases.

I work as a data analyst and data scientist at a FinTech startup and I make SQL queries to a corporate database to make visualizations and reports for everyday decision making. TeamSQL helps me to do it fast.

Learning about TeamSQL?

* We monitor all TeamSQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.