Teamwork Projects

Teamwork Projects

Teamwork.com is an easy-to-use online project management software application that helps managers, staff and clients work together more productively together online.

Work for Teamwork Projects?

Learning about Teamwork Projects?

Teamwork Projects Reviews

Ask Teamwork Projects a Question
Showing 229 Teamwork Projects reviews
Teamwork Projects review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"I use this for my clients, and I train my students to use it as well!"

What do you like best?

Teamwork Projects helps you manage your business projects and client business projects, giving you complete control over every part of the project management process. I can communicate with my team directly at the source of each asset. It's become my go-to virtual office for the teams I work with. It's robust and offers far more than any other project management I've used.

What do you dislike?

Once you learn the system, it's fairly simple to use. However, it does have quite a learning curve for newbies and seasoned project managers and team members alike. There are a lot of options within Teamwork to get the most out of the tool, but it can feel overwhelming to those who are not used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teamwork has LOADS of tutorial videos that make the learning process a lot easier than trying to DIY your setup. I highly recommend checking out their knowledge base and YouTube channel for help.

Teamwork Projects helps me manage all of my business and client projects in a way that allows me to continuously have a finger on the pulse of the projects I manage. It provides an excellent place for team communication and task management, eliminating the need for third-party apps like Slack, customer ticketing systems, invoicing, and more. It's the all-in-one source of business management. LOVE it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Teamwork Projects
Teamwork Projects review by Skye E.
Skye E.

"Teamwork Projects for Project Management "

What do you like best?

I love Teamwork. The simplicity or creating and assigning tasks is awesome. It makes it easy to work with people both within and outside of your company. The time tracking and task breakdown features are awesome. It's a really great product for managing virtual teams. Their tagging features make it easy to categorize and sort by project types.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Teamwork. It can seem like it lacks structure when your are first starting out using it. The reporting is very limited and their chat feature could be built out more, but the main offering is pretty solid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the getting started guides when you first start using it, don't assume you can figure out all the nuances on your own. Teamwork is pretty robust and it can do a lot of things that may not be super obvious on first glance.

We use Teamwork Projects specifically to manage projects completed by external contractors. Teamwork makes it easy to create projects, communicate tasks and pertinent information, and houses all of the projects associated documents, code, etc. in one place. We're able to keep track of time spent to better understand budgets and are able to keep track of all of our remote contractors easily.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Teamwork Projects review by TIFFANY H.
TIFFANY H.

"Happy Workers!"

What do you like best?

Love the function and flow of this program! We are able to communicate through the application and we are able to keep track of our deadlines. I love the feature where we can track our hours! If your company charges based off hours, this is a plus! You should definitely try out the free trial and see what you're missing. That is what our company did and we were happy to continue with the program.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I disliked about Teamwork at first was trying to figure it out. It takes a little while to figure out, like every program does! However, there are a lot of resources that make it easier to learn the program. I don't have too many complaints or dislikes on this program. It will help your business flow a lot smoother (:

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program to use! It helps your agency or team flow better and keeps track of projects that are currently in the works or projects that are in the past! There are many functions that Teamwork offers and it is definitely worth trying, even for the free trial! Test it out and see what you're missing!

We are able to keep track of all of our projects and deadlines! We are an agency with MANY clients and it can be difficult trying to find a program that everyone can use easily and functionally.

Teamwork Projects review by Darrian A. Y.
Darrian A. Y.

"Great project management software"

What do you like best?

Simple yet powerful. All of our users, both internal and external were able to get up and running with zero explanation. It is one of those unique applications which have all of the power you need, but somehow manage to remain intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, but if I could add a wish, I would like the calendar to be a more integrated and interactive piece of the project mgmt. capabilities of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a demo and use it for a real project. You will see very quickly how easy it is to get started and use, as well as if it meets your PM requirements.

Both internal projects as well as projects we manage with customers. Generally they are custom development projects for our software applications.

Teamwork Projects review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Robust and feature rich, but poor support and unwieldy"

What do you like best?

From a user perspective, someone who was assigned and worked tasks in Teamwork Projects, I found it to be feature rich and easy to communicate back and forth between users on tasks. The email response feature was super helpful, and basic navigation to my own tasks was easy enough, though beyond that it was difficult to know where to go for what.

What do you dislike?

The web app as a whole was somewhat unwieldy and difficult to use. Part of this is down to UI/UX, which steers users to do certain things, and it steered my project managers to throwing everything into a giant text blurb, assigning a due date, and that was it. That's part to blame on design and part to blame on the project managers. It just overall seems like a lot of the features are hard to quickly pick up on, especially for non-techies, and that made it less useful to the development teams.

I only had to work with support once, and when I did, it was impossible to contact them, as the company on a Monday morning had done something to not just their web app, but their site as a whole, to make interaction impossible (broken JavaScript).

This was in place before I started working with the company. As a freelance contractor, I understood the application to be their entire repository of work to be done by everyone. This was helpful to everyone because we knew what everyone was working on and could view history of work done, as well as comments and discussions.

Teamwork Projects review by Katrina F.
Katrina F.

"Productivity Lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

Teamwork can be used in so many ways. Regardless of whether you're intuitive or analytical, it has functions for multiple types of learners and you can organize just about any project in a number of ways.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Teamwork would integrate more completely with Google drive and that it functioned faster in Safari. There seem to be some bugs with link sensitivity in Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a real game-changer for our business. Productivity with the team has improved and clients are being held accountable for the tasks that they need to get done.

We are trying to keep our internal team and our clients on track with their projects. It is simple enough that our clients can get in and use it without confusion and the ability to lock them out of certain functions is incredibly helpful. It is also robust enough that we can track, organize and manage projects in a variety of ways for our team.

Teamwork Projects review by Oscar R.
Oscar R.

"Best Project Management Software - intuitive design, master utility, hear of customers petitions."

What do you like best?

Teamwork Projects let us capture all time done on each projects to know if we are really earing income and monitorize if not to take crucial decisions on the road. The design is very intuitive to make any function we want. Teamwork support are nice and fast, also they hear for petitions to realease on road map. I have ask for 3 functionalitys needed like filters of times, better reporting, multi time capturing. This software is very essential on my operative tasks. Package pricing jumps are very practical too depending of the needs you have. They constantly create support product videos of what is new.

What do you dislike?

On early packages there is a reduced quota space for projects but you can compensate it with the integrations.

The software seems to be popular just in Europe, so there are a few third party apps who have developed something connected to Teamwork but it have access to the API and webhooks to compensate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very complete tool to manage your projects and get the information of each project very quick.

Put a big eye on the time tracking, is the best function as a base to part of multiple information & decisions.

We put high order on project development to monitorizing the time spend one each project and integrates all team to have a better communication on the main and specific topic segmented. All are well coordinated with this tool so we can measure evrything: people, income, time spent, resources, process, status wich let us have the possibility to improve or omptimize what we need.

Teamwork Projects review by Jose Q.
Jose Q.

"Automation of Projects and Tasks, just a click away"

What do you like best?

Teamwork is a very easy platform for project management. You can almost from day one begin managing your projects, task lists, tasks and people from the platform with little to no experience at all of the application, which is Cloud-based too, so it's quite accessible everywhere an Internet connection is available (and via its mobile apps, in Android and iOS). It can also integrate with several othehr solutions, such as cloud storage, accounting, marketing, scheduling and even embed it into your own website.

What do you dislike?

You can begin using Teamwork Projects right away. Just create a project, one or more task lists with their tasks, assign people to each one, set up milestones ans tome tracking, and you're done. However, for more advanced functions, such as integration, webhooks, billing and invoicing and reports, Teamwork could be seen not so user-friendly to the uninitiated. Nothing a couple of coaching sessions and research can't solve, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teamworks is very flexible and handy for basic and medium Project Management tasks and administration, even covering basic invoicing for postpaid projects or outsourcing engagements. There's a trial for it too, so go for it, test it with your day-to-day tasks, and have your conclusions. If you're manually carrying your PM duties today, you will definitely like Teamwork Projects.

We are a services company, which work via projects and professional support services. For us, Teamwork has been essential to keep track of our numerous project initiatives, always promptly notifying us of approaching milestones and deadlines, slow tasks, worked consultant hours and billing to postpaid contracted clients.

Teamwork Projects review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Teamwork checks all the boxes"

What do you like best?

I like all the different capabilities for projects large or small. There are tasks for small sub-projects and milestones for big check points. It's easy to find the right fit for what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Some of the calendar and reminder capabilities are limited. If you're not responsible for a task it won't show up on your calendar (i.e. if you're only "following" that task). Also the printing formats need to be better. I understand the need for it to all be online, but for those wanting printable job tickets, that needs to be better formatted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend if you have an employee who will act as the primary administrator for this software implementation and management

We're streamlining our traffic process between account services and creative. it allows us to utilize our time to the best of our ability without overloading our staff.

Teamwork Projects review by Batsheba C.
Batsheba C.

"Excellent for managing the workplace. "

What do you like best?

You create projects and then tasks within those projects, it has a timer so you can keep track of how much time is spent on certain areas of a project. It really is a great system because you can have messages within projects and so you know that the messages are relevant to a project instead of scrolling through all the emails you get in a day. It's also great to have a to-do list that is shared with all of those employees involved in the project.

What do you dislike?

I think learning how to use it took the most time, but once I got the hang of it, I really came to enjoy it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have YouTube tutorials on how to begin using it, definitely use them.

Project Management

Teamwork Projects review by Max J. J.
Max J. J.

"A Great Platform With Some Minor Improvement Needed"

What do you like best?

The ability to create a recurring task is critical to an agency like ours - especially when you can create them with dependencies. Teamwork has also allowed us to create a better (more streamlined) process when it comes to technical support requests from our client. They have a separate product that lets the client create a ticket and we can assign it (as a task) to the main TeamWork Projects platform.

What do you dislike?

The UI could you a little improvement. The entire dashboard (both organization level and project level) is a little busy and sometimes it is difficult to find the information you are looking for. For example, trying to find Workload and user tasks assignments is always difficult. When a user clicks on his/her name at the top right to view all of their open tasks, it would be more beneficial is the user could see the task they are waiting on from other employees. This would allow them to "light a fire" under the chair of any employee who is holding up production.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teamwork works for us but may not work for you. I feel that for agencies it is much better than the traditional BaseCamp but play the field. Overall, it's a 9/10.

We are no longer dropping the ball on recurring contractual obligations with our clients. Despite the few things that we dislike, the platform is much more effective than a whiteboard or post-it notes.

Teamwork Projects review by Phill S.
Phill S.

"New User and Impressed"

What do you like best?

It allows you to build project tasks for a number of people on a team. The software allows me to be updated on many projects at a time. Others too can go in and see what stage tasks and projects are in.

What do you dislike?

As a new user, it seems that if I have started a project and then change the template for new projects, it doesn't change the project templates that have already begun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking to get a handle on all the tasks associated with multiple projects, this software is for you. I haven't been using it long but I see the benefits already. Often, I find a new piece that adds power or a new way to moves the task through the cycle.

Coordinating tasks for multiple projects using staff in multiple locations.

Teamwork Projects review by McKay D.
McKay D.

"Easy To Get Started But Also Has a Lot of Advanced Features, Saves A Lot Of Time"

What do you like best?

Teamwork is very user-friendly and easy to use. It can track everything that needs to be done within your company. While it is a "project management" software, smaller companies also use it for tracking other administrative, sales, and marketing tasks. It is pretty easy for a manager to plan out the next month or few months, have all the tasks assigned, and users just go in, see what they need to do, and get it done. The time tracking features are very good and the tags make it possible to pull whatever custom reports you want. There are also ways to get additional reports above what is already offered with Teamwork with some advanced knowledge. It is easy to use starting out but you can also get a lot more out of it by learning all the features and using it correctly in your organization. They have partner consulting companies like Teamworkexperttraining.com that will actually train your company how to best use it in your specific company which can save a lot of time switching over.Their customer service is also very responsive. All in all, it is a great software, is always improving, and is getting to be widely used in the United States.

What do you dislike?

The billing section needs more work. It is a little simple so most companies end up using something else for billing because it doesn't have enough features. The notebooks would be much better if they would allow multiple people to edit them at the same time (like a google doc) instead of saving new versions. More custom reports would also be good (they are releasing some new reporting features soon though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to do your research and that it provides all the features you need. Also, try to use most if not all of the features so you get your money's worth. I would say 80%+ of companies are not using even half of the features they provide.

We have everything in Teamwork so we always know what needs to be done. It also made it super easy to work remotely so people don't have to come into the office. The time tracking is very good and allows your employees to have more flexible schedules. All our files are organized in one place and the comments make it very easy to collaborate and review work.

Teamwork Projects review by Luke Y.
Luke Y.

"Working in teams online has never been so interconnected"

What do you like best?

Allows the subcategorisation of different projects within the platform to be easily organised. It is a platform that allows great detail to go into how you wish a team to work to produce quality work in a timely fashion.

It has great features such as setting deadlines for submissions of work, meeting calendars, group email thread notifications and access limitations depending on your role within the group.

The access limitation feature is possible one of the best features as it allows access to the content that is relevant to the user. The whole platform may house 20 projects but a single user may only have access to 5. This allows a clear work area and lessens distractions that otherwise don't need to be there.

What do you dislike?

The user interfaces in generally pretty good, however at times it can be a bit clunky. For example going in and out of uploaded documents can be tedious as there required to be opened in a different browser window or downloaded complete (in the case of Word documents).

When editing notebooks within teamwork it can only be edited by one person at a time. If two people are working on the same notebook at the same time conflicting copies are made. Although teamwork does notify you with a pop-up box that someone else is using the notebook also, it still makes for a sometimes compromising user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all your options when committing to only group collaboration software. As they can be costly and in your company grows to supersede the features of the Teamwork platform it may be very different to transfer all information to a new platform, without being hugely time-consuming.

Avoiding confusing long email threads

Allowing group collaboration to majority work online

Open access file sharing for all involved members of the platform.

Secure communication area for confidential group discussion and meetings.

Teamwork Projects review by Adair T.
Adair T.

"Best PM tool I've ever used!"

What do you like best?

As a former loyal MS Project user, the biggest limitation was always the inability to collaborate with those outside the organization w/o spending a fortune for a project server and exposing it outside of the network. Teamwork Project solves this problem, and others I never previously thought of. I love being able to easily brand each project for our external clients, send automated and manual email notifications, as well as easily manage and view internal and external products in one screen (the dashboard).

What do you dislike?

To date, I don't have any dislikes of the product.

Gives us the ability to easily manage and oversee multiple internal and external business projects, automate the 'reminding' process, and maintain transparency with our client partners during implementation. It is also so intuitive that I don't have to train our clients on it - just send them a login and we're off to the races!

Teamwork Projects review by Kelli T.
Kelli T.

"Too complicated (and therefore time-consuming) to be useful for large workloads"

What do you like best?

I like that TW has storage space for files, and that when something changes on those files, any followers are pinged via email.

What do you dislike?

I think that the program is probably amazing for teams with a small to medium sized workload--it seems like anyone who has time to spend customizing individual tasks would find this useful (and probably great BECAUSE of the many, many customizeable aspects of TW). But for me and my team, this software is unwieldy and ponderous and adds unnecessary work for us just in the act of managing tasks (like a 2-3 hour added workload on a daily basis). If you're used to working from task templates, this is not the software for you. Use Asana instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for smaller, uncomplicated projects, or don't use it at all.

We've been trying to use TW to manage our workflows and tasks on the 110 books we have in production, and it's worked okay. There are some people on our team who swear by this software because of the way it's formatted (I guess), but the majority of our team finds it tiresome and has trouble using it at all.

Teamwork Projects review by User

"Teamwork: easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that Teamwork makes it easy to keep our work team accountable to each other - particularly that everyone can easily see our task list, who is assigned to complete each task, and when it should be accomplished by.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find the interface is hard to navigate or learn as a new user - there seems to be a slight learning curve for new employees to use the software and feel comfortable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that large teams, or workplaces that multi-task and have team members working on multiple projects at once, utilize Teamwork. In my experience it works best in a situation where our team does not have time to frequently get together and review all of the details of our projects - we need to have a way of staying on task and accountable to our tasks despite infrequent in-person meetings. Teamwork is very helpful for tracking work in this manner.

My workplace is using teamwork to solve our problems that come from a lack of lab-wide collaboration and communication. Despite that fact that we are work together on multiple projects, we often aren't fully aware of the projects each person is currently working on, or how far they are in that process. Teamwork helps me as a manager easily check-in on others, and keep track of where every team members is in their work. It also allows us to communicate more easily with messages and status updates.

Teamwork Projects review by Lise R.
Lise R.

"BaseCamp on Steroids"

What do you like best?

I like that you can completely and easily control the privacy on every project, task, file, etc. We work with lots of contractors and clients and we can easily control who can see what all in one place. Lots of integrations with other systems, they've got a phone and tablet app to keep up with everything on the road, and the price is very reasonable. They recently released a KanBan board for tracking tasks... cool! Doesn't even compare to Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

I have been not liking the time tracking, however they just released a number of new features and enhancements today about these features. Haven't had a chance to test them out, but I'm impressed that they've been listening. They release new features often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free version, watch their YouTube tutorials and contact support when you have questions. They respond quickly and thoroughly.

We're a digital agency and need to manage lots of different projects, files, tasks, deadlines and be able to track time for each project easily. I've been using this software for many years and really love it. We save time and money on this very powerful system.

Teamwork Projects review by Vernessa T.
Vernessa T.

"Teamwork Projects (Teamwork.com) Good Fit for SMBs & Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Aside from the usual features found in top-shelft project managers online, three of the best offerings of TeamWork Projects are the templating system, project notebooks, project-specific file sharing, and exporting your entire database.

Saving or cloning a project is a useful feature (you could also create a project template with most of the elements in it, but cloning a live project gives you a headstart on nitty gritty details). You can also move or copy a project to a completely different Teamwork site. I've used this feature to move a project under my internal account over to a client who had their own Teamwork Projects account.

The import options are decent, too, giving you the option to import directly from some of its competitors (Asana, Wrike and Trello -- which I also use).

The notebook system is a really nice touch and it's not lightweight. It has excellent formatting built-in, you can create a notebook from email, and export documents out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the only resources tracked are people (no materials or other tangible resources get tracked so there is no way to assign them to a project).

This is actually a big one for project management: TeamWork Projects does not include project budgets, project costs, what-if scenarios or comparisons of projects for ROI, profitability, overruns, etc.

There is no specific feature for dealing with change requests (but you can figure out some work-arounds).

Billing and invoicing could be more robust, but at least TeamWork Projects integrates natively with FreshBooks, Harvest and Xero so you don't have to use a Zapier recipe or cobble together your own integration using the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

As a technology consultant and freelance technology writer, I had a need for a project management solution where clients could interact on their projects. It had to be simple enough that clients would actually use it yet robust enough to cover the important bases. TeamWork topped the short-list because it had most of the features I felt were must-haves (or they had those features on their roadmap to incorporate within a reasonable timeframe).

Of major importance to me is the need for minute task-level time-tracking and the ability to track time from whichever computer system or device I have in the field. TeamWork Projects has desktop timers that work on my Windows and Linux computers and offer versions for Android and iOS. These are indispensible!

Another problem TeamWork Projects solved -- elegantly -- was inclusion of a tightly-focused permissions system whereby the project manager can give stakeholders access to different parts of the system according to their need and role.

I don't often request technical support but when I do need help I'm happy to know that TeamWork Projects has a solid knowledgebase. You can also get customer support from within the system dashboard. Whenever I've posed a question to support, they have answered in a very timely manner.

Finally, and this might seem a bit frivolous, I wanted a good-looking project management system. Beauty might be only skin deep, but when you spend a good deal of time in an application, it ought to be pleasant and easy on the eyes! TeamWork meets this challenge..

The benefits of using TeamWork Projects far outweigh any missing features or limitations. I recommend it without hesitation.

Teamwork Projects review by James W.
James W.

"Best Combo of Features and Pricing"

What do you like best?

The collection of project management features combined with unlimited users for the cost (starting at free) makes this the best PM tool I've ever used (and I've tried 20+).

What do you dislike?

Updating Gantt charts can be tricky and isn't as intuitive as I'd like. It's not bad, just takes some getting used to compared to tools like MS Project (which is generally bloated for most project needs).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no risk in trying it. Sign up for a free account with full features as the only limit is you can only have two active projects.

Hands down the best tool for team collaboration on projects. Great for communication and keeping everyone on the same page. Easy to use and onboard new users for client projects. I use it as much as a client portal as anything else. Clients see the tasks, schedule, files, and can communicate on all aspects of the project.

Teamwork Projects review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Very User Friendly "

What do you like best?

I like best all the ways to view time spent on projects. Teamwork is very versatile with their filters. I like the accessibility to use Teamwork for chats, files, and calendars. I do like that Teamwork is accessible on mobile phones to easily switch out tasks.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the app that is provided for iPhones. I wish there was an easier way to use your phone for time recording. Also, the Teamwork app for Macs is not in sync with what the website looks like. I wish there was more synchronicity with the apps and the website.

Teamwork is showing our company how much time we are spending on projects, billable and unbillable. With Teamwork, we can see how on track we are with projects, and if any adjustments need to be made to a project based on time spent.

Teamwork Projects review by Ash P.
Ash P.

"Intuitive, easy to use and quick to setup"

What do you like best?

The 'boards' view for the task list of a given project, we have the board columns set up for a SCRUM framework workflow and use the boards in our daily stand-ups.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see a Gantt chart view that encompasses all projects rather than on a project-by-project basis, not really for my use but so that I've got something a little more detailed to show the senior management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good all-rounder with constant development that adds great new features

Agile project management, in particular, the SCRUM framework. The main benefit I have seen from using this software to support SCRUM is the ability to visualise the SCRUM process and also interact with the various stages during meetings. I also find it useful to be able to set up reminders, see what tasks are late, document project risks and track time.

Teamwork Projects review by Steve L.
Steve L.

"Teamwork projects is great for communications and keeping track of projects"

What do you like best?

Everything is kept together, so for example you can rest assured that all communication threads and documents are safely stored online with the relevant project. Also the app for iOS works well for my smartphone and tablet.

What do you dislike?

For our volunteer project I have to say that Teamwork is a bit pricey as we have too many projects on the go for the free version. However, for businesses I would say that it is definitely worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it out by keeping to 5 projects or below for starters, and only stepping up to the paid subscription when you are satisfied it works. You can also step down later to the free version if for some reason you are forced to cut costs, without losing data, just archive some of the projects.

As above, keeping all threads together: comms, deadlines, documents.

Teamwork Projects review by Oliver V.
Oliver V.

"It´s good if you start working as a freelance"

What do you like best?

I like that is really easy to use, contain a lot of graphics that the client loves, and that includes all the minimum environment to manage small projects and teams.

What do you dislike?

I think is not that I dislike, I mean is more like, to be honest I know that the team will not leave the use of our actual management tool for the big projects and start using this one

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is good for a freelancers to their client the progress in the work but is not enough complete to use in a company with various big projects

In my case we use this app because we need to contract a temporal web developer, but we do not want to provide access to our principal management system

Teamwork Projects review by Kate P.
Kate P.

"Comprehensive project management software with lots of features"

What do you like best?

We chose to use teamwork vs. something simpler like Trello or Basecamp because we were looking for a tool that would be easy for all our teams to use with little training. We loved the ability to create template projects in Teamwork so that building out project workplans becomes super easy. You just pick a template for "focus groups" for example, and it populates all the tasks involved in that product/deliverable. It also has advanced features like integrated time tracking so you can get very granular on how long things are taking your team, and can set estimates so it can alert you when you're spending way more time than you anticipated on something.

What do you dislike?

Because of all the features it offers, Teamwork can be a bit complicated. Once the admins set everything up, it can be pretty plug and play for the rest of the team, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something with more features than basic project management software offers, Teamwork is a great option. They have lots of integrations with time tracking and CRM software, and are always adding more, making it simple to integrate it into your existing workflow.

Teamwork helps us see all of the projects going on and keep track of timelines, important due dates and overall workflow for our company. We've also used it to share timelines and workplans with our clients, which they have loved. You can even assign tasks to them so they know when they'll have to give feedback and they can plan ahead as well.

Teamwork Projects review by Zane W.
Zane W.

"Review of Teamwork Projects —-Initial thoughts"

What do you like best?

Ability to do risk assessments for projects and track them as part of each project in the same software platform. The upper level dashboard functions also worked very well. Part of the dashboard allowed for you to see each resources level of activity on the project which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The user fees seem high compared to other tools of this type. Also there does not appear to be a way to resource or cost balance the Gantt chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will still need to have a way to cost load and resource balance the projects.

The primary focus is to provide a company-wide platform for program management. It is key that it be simple to use but have power for complex projects. Consolidated resource pool and total project dashboards are a big management help. A bonus which we did not see at the time was the emails of project status and current issues sent to everyone on the project.

Teamwork Projects review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Great Entry-level Project Management System"

What do you like best?

Teamwork is great for organizing tasks within projects and giving team mates solid visibility into assignments, along with simple time tracking. It's simple to create templates with hierarchical tasks, predecessors, and assignments, and easily create new projects as needed. That the tasks can include threaded commentary, and provide for email notifications, is bonus. The default views and filters work well for focusing your work. If you're typically working on multiple projects driven by due dates and need strong organization of work for multiple team members, Teamwork is a highly workable tool.

What do you dislike?

The one area of concern with Teamwork, where it misses the mark, is with resourcing. While you can estimate the time a tasks tasks, and track time, Teamwork provides no real insight into over-booking or flagging deliver issues with overloading resources.

Teamwork is a great project management tool for managing delivery dates for projects with multiple tasks and multiple resources. We saw significant reductions in time to delivery with the use of Teamwork for managing customer projects. We were also able to track time effectively to better do capacity planning.

Teamwork Projects review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Teamwork is great, versatile and easy to use."

What do you like best?

Teamwork is very collaborative. I like being able to set priority and comment back and forth. The notebook feature is great for storing client information that we want to have but do not need every day. There are a lot of useful feature like being able to make tasks rely on each other so one can not be checked off until the first task is completed. Estimating and tracking time are also great features.

What do you dislike?

A few features are hard to find, such as archiving a project when you are in that project and not on the dashboard. Sometimes i think there are too many options, this makes it a bit difficult to learn quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have one person do a deep dive into the program and have one person manage it if possible.

We have successfully switched to Teamwork for tracking projects as a whole as well as individual tasks. One person puts in all the information and tasks then everyone in the office can view their tasks for the day or the week. It is a very efficient process.

Teamwork Projects review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Teamwork is flexible and efficient"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use system with a lot of functionality for a low price. I think the user interface is extremely intuitive. They do a great job of making it easy to do things, like check off tasks and change dates, while hiding advanced functionality in an accessible location.

What do you dislike?

Because it is a low price product, there is only so much that support can help with. They are helpful at tackling small issues, but haven't had any luck tackling bigger picture issues like workflow. Not a partner, more like a vendor offering a product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that Teamwork is an entry-level product. Use this if you really need to get project management going from the ground up. It will not replace any more sophisticated software.

We are trying to develop a central repository of information about our projects. This involves project management and task management. It has been very helpful for some people, but for others, there has been a lack of compliance. This has made it difficult to get a lot of benefit out of analytics, etc. from the system. I wish that Teamwork could better help us utilize the system through best practices.

Teamwork Projects review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Our Go To For Project Management"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that I can create custom templates for each phase of each service we offer and then assign those task templates to a project so that my team can fulfill the service purchased. I can easily adjust these templates to assign different responsibilities with new projects depending on the workload of an individual which helps balance my team to keep things running smoothly.

What do you dislike?

I would love a rule-based setup where I can specify another task template get applied upon completion. Right now my top-level task is to manually apply the next task template which can at times run into human error issues such as forgetting or applying the wrong task template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm obviously a fan of the template features of this platform but I'd also recommend looking at how this can be utilized for internal only purposes but also external. I've seen variations of Teamwork where the consumer can log in to see the progress of whatever it is they ordered.

Teamwork ensures that everything gets done equally across all of our clients. Without it there would be no sure way of knowing what was done for sure or by who.

Teamwork Projects review by User in Internet

"Great multi- contributor project and lead management"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating and editing task list templates to streamline the start of a Project. Communication between multiple users with option ball notifications. Daily task summaries.

What do you dislike?

Inability to create a Project template using task List templates or add files to a Notebook without leaving them in the comments. No way to prioritize projects, so our out of office teams can decide what needs to go first if they can't complete a full list of tasks due in the same day. Not mobile responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used many project and lead management systems. Teamwork is the best I have encountered for management by a single project manager who is in charge of assigning all tasks for a Project. However, those are my needs. There are many areas for improvement, so it depends on what is most important to you. Cannot be managed via mobile.

Makes it simple to begin a Projects in a uniform method.

Teamwork Projects review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Teamwork is a fast & simple solution to project and time management"

What do you like best?

After using a handful of other project management SaaS solutions and being overwhelmed with unnecessary amounts of clicking and slow load times, Teamwork was a breath of fresh air.

What do you dislike?

The strength of Teamwork is simplicity which is sometimes the weakness. Not having more advanced reporting and not having a robust billing module sometimes are painful to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It's super fast and has powerful administrative tools to bulk edit and bulk import.

I use Teamwork to manage an SEO & Website Design agency. We manage site builds and recurring monthly projects. We find that our overhead managing project management has gone down while employee participation has increased.

Teamwork Projects review by Britt S.
Britt S.

"The Detail You Need, The Clutter You Don't"

What do you like best?

What I love about Teamwork is how customizable it is, while still maintaining an aesthetic that feels clean and efficient. I can manage which tabs and functions are available to which people, and I can edit privacy settings so that I can comfortably work with both clients and employees within the platform.

What do you dislike?

Because Teamwork is so robust, it can sometimes be a challenge to remember where which settings live, and how different settings across the hierarchy affect each other (e.g. settings at the system level, the company level, the project level, and the user level).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to watch at least a few tutorial videos when you get started, they'll help you get acclimated to the software and make streamlining your setup and onboarding users more seamless.

Teamwork and it's affiliated services (such as Teamwork Chat, or Teamwork Desk) have allowed me to run projects and communicate with teams more smoothly than before, while maintaining a hub and centralization location for all pertinent information and conversations.

Teamwork Projects review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great if you use a computer"

What do you like best?

The best part of this software is when you need to log stuff for people you might not see often. You can pass on a project and have outlined every step, including what parts were already completed. You can also communicate across departments who are working in another area on the same project.

What do you dislike?

The app is a bit clumsy to use. It seems like the computer version is much easier to use, but unfortunately not everyone has computer access at work.

It can be difficult to communicate when everyone is rushing between one meeting and the next, and being stopped many times along the way with other people who have questions. I can outline steps that need to be done, assign them to people, and ask questions all in the same place, and receive much more prompt answers than trying to track someone down, and with more accountability than a text or e-mail.

Teamwork Projects review by Tawanna B.
Tawanna B.

"Keeps Me and My Team Organized"

What do you like best?

I like that Teamwork allows me to put all aspects of a particular project in one place and integrates with my emails and my calendar.

What do you dislike?

There's not much about Teamwork that I don't like. It could probably use a few more video tutorials that are easily accessible from the account access page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The wonderful part of Teamwork Projects is that you can test it out for free as long as you need to as a small business owner and as your needs and team grows, you can upgrade to add more projects. And the next tier up is only $12/ month.

I'm solving the delegation, organization, and delivery management problems with Teamwork Projects. I get more things completed and the benefit is a freeing up of my time.

Teamwork Projects review by Tony G.
Tony G.

"Love this Project Management System!"

What do you like best?

Teamwork was a breath of fresh air for us. After using a wide variety of project management tools, Teamwork just beats all of them. For any digital agency - especially using remote teams - this thing is unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

I was not impressed with the ticketing system when we tried it. I'd like to see this improved as there were many very encouraging aspects to that product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do the trial and see for yourself. This product is now an indispensable part f our business.

We're working on a large number of projects at any time and have team members spread across multiple locations. Teamwork allows us to see at a glance where projects are at, what people are doing, how many hours they are billing, etc. Insight plus!

Teamwork Projects review by Brent W.
Brent W.

"Our project management team thoroughly enjoys using TeamworkPM"

What do you like best?

Our project managers enjoy the intuitive user experience and the ability to manage subtasks nested under tasks. Our sales team enjoys the fact that they can demonstrate the visibility/transparency we allow our clients to have their projects. Our company's credibility is enhanced through the use of TeamworkPM.

What do you dislike?

Our sales team wishes the commonly used CRMs more seamlessly integrated with TeamworkPM so that they could easily port CRM clients and deals into TeamworkPM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teamwork PM is a robust but uncomplicated project management tool. Our project management team has not felt the need to transition to another project management tool since we implemented it. Plus, several of our clients have switched to TeamworkPM for their own internal uses after having experienced it first hand while collaborating with our team. We highly recommend it.

Every project we work on for our clients is managed within TeamworkPM. Our business is dependent on web based project management for a variety of reasons, including the fact that we have 3 offices that are geographically far apart. We've experienced great efficiencies in organization and communication.

We continually receive very good feedback from our clients regarding the transparency/visibility that they have into their project(s) via TeamworkPM.

Teamwork Projects review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Very concise and to-the-point project management"

What do you like best?

The tool is very straightforward to use. I like the stopwatch feature, because it makes time sheets easy to fill. It's a very pleasant tool to use, actually, it's the only project management tool I've been able to use continuously as it's very friendly and I could adapt easily, while with others I couldn't get used to at all.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's too sluggish, specially if you have more than 400 tasks on screen, so it's best if you have a plenty of RAM in your computer so you can work on it. Sometimes, I have to use filters to cope in order to work with it smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always be organized and have structured thinking at the moment of laying down projects in the planning phase. This is a best practice to use this tool. I also recommend laying down your projects thinking about the "endgame" first and then going backwards in planning, as "carving" time in tasks it's also very easy with this tool.

When a customer asked me for billable hour time sheets, I just opened up the filter and printed the filter results in less than 10 minutes. The customer was happy to see I kept tasks in order and timely delivered when asked. These reports make a great companion to an invoice for billing the client after a project is completed. Also this helps a lot for quoting and sizing customer services just right.

Teamwork Projects review by Krista B.
Krista B.

"Great Team Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

This is a very scalable, feature-rich project management tool that takes very little ramp-up time to get started. I like the ability to manage multiple projects, set user permissions for internal and external users, the gantt & calendar views, communication tools and the file uploading organization. Each user can customize their experience to how they want to use it. Perfect for small-to-enterprise level operations.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to see prior versions of a file upload more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has a very professional UI that is welcome to users across different industries, and from front-line to C-suite.

This is a great solution to getting teams all on one platform and eliminating the need for email.

Teamwork Projects review by Barbara C.
Barbara C.

"Too complex in its interface"

What do you like best?

Teamwork is a powerful tool that includes gantt chart, dependable tasks and project templates that are very useful for a marketing agency like mine.

Moving projects from Basecamp was a breeze as they take care of the import and it took no time whatsoever.

As a project management system it is robust and provides you with all necessary tools you may need for project management.

We found the templates to be extremely useful when it comes to repeatable projects and tasks.

What do you dislike?

The interface was not user friendly. We could not get clients to use it as the learning curve was too steep, my team (currently 12) had a hard time learning how to use it as well and we are very tech savvy as a development and marketing agency.

As the main strategist and project manager I did not find it intuitive enough and eventually we moved to another platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Teamwork is a powerful tool but may not be the tool to share with clients. For those that want to spend the time learning how to use it very well it will achieve your goals. We had trouble getting clients and team members alike to use it as it was not an intuitive tool.

Project Management. It is a powerful tool once you master it.

Teamwork Projects review by Mai N.
Mai N.

"Teamwork Projects"

What do you like best?

This application is very easy to use and navigate. I found it helpful to have notebooks available to send a message and be able to attach appropriate files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the project plan view options that are currently offered. I wish I were able to scroll down the Gantt chart with my mouse instead of it zooming in and out. Instead, I have to click to move up and down the chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is very easy to use. For the dashboard view, it shows upcoming tasks, milestones (within 30 days), and upcoming events. Also, conveniently shows all the activity (comments, messages, etc.) which makes it convenient to scan for updates.

Project management tool used by a vendor we are working with that enables us to collaborate for an implemenetation project.

Teamwork Projects review by Bil T.
Bil T.

"I've like working with Teamwork"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is being able to assign tasks to my team and then track the progress they made in those tasks. And of course that they could do the same to me.

What do you dislike?

If there was an easy way to create multiple similar tasks I was unable to find and utilize it. We had multiple tasks that required 7-8 steps and for each task I had to enter the steps individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's certainly worth taking a look at, we've had good experience with it and found it to be helpful.

We have used it to track progress in a few projects we've had. From design to model to draft to fabrication and shipping to final customer.

Teamwork Projects review by Elyssa R.
Elyssa R.

"it works, but could always be improved"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to assign tasks, & mark tasks complete

It's very easy to assign due dates and see at a glance when things are late

Setting up reminders about tasks is easy

It is very easy to archive a project that is finished - it is however just as easy to bring it back should the client change their mind & you need to add more tasks to the project

To add your time it is easy if you are working on a specific task (assigned to you).

Can easily update files with newer files (computer only)

On my PC, Mac or iphone

What do you dislike?

there is no base for how you set up each company, which is ok once you have an idea, but when we were starting out there was a lot of confusion as there were no clear instructions for 'best practices'.

It's also a little like throwing you in the pool and hoping you can swim, there are no real instructions for how to use it so you never know (unless you talk & compare notes with others) if there are better ways to do things or if your way makes sense.

No easy way for the client to email their requests and have it update teamwork - they have to email me and then I have to add the tasks

removing reminders after the task has been completed is a bit of a pain - you have to remember to do it before you mark the task as complete or you will get a reminder again (even if the task is completed)

To add your time as the project manager it is very difficult, they try to make you assign it to a task, which I'm often the one creating the tasks but I don't need to do them so that doesn't work.

Can't update files with new files from mobile.

Not great on mobile

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use teamwork, it is incredibly easy to use and implement, however it is much easier if you have an idea of how to organize the projects before you begin.

Be willing to adjust the way projects are done, and don't be entirely surprised if some people don't like to use it.

There are multiple designers, developers assigned to various projects within the company I work for. We needed a way to keep track of who was working on what project, when the client made a request or we have a new project, we need to know when it was assigned and when the client can expect it to be completed. It works for 'in progress' projects too, as we can track how they are progressing.

Teamwork Projects review by User

"Teamwork is a great way to track and manage projects"

What do you like best?

Teamwork is an amazing project management platform. It allows project managers to track and manage team members and tasks in order to meet milestones. Although getting familiar with the software presents a bit of a learning curve, it is ultimately very rewarding. I like the ease of tracking and managing tasks once the tasks are all set up.

What do you dislike?

Teamwork is a really great project management platform. The only issue I found was knowing where everything is initially. This learning curve is expected with the amount of functionality that is packed into Teamwork though - and I believe that Teamwork may be a lot easier to use than other many other popular project management platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teamwork is a great project managing platform and allows easy tracking and quick response when everything is set up .

We use Teamwork in order to keep track of who is doing what and when they are doing it. If problems exist then they are easily spotted and easy to react to. This is quite beneficial in electronics project as there usually are many tasks and sub tasks to track for a single project.

Teamwork Projects review by Miguel N.
Miguel N.

"Project Management made easy and Fun"

What do you like best?

TeamWork has the ability to manage all your project and categorize them in a way that you will never lose track of your team's performance, workload and asigned tasks, also the kanban board is very usefull, the overview tab of every project gives you vital information!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, maybe that is SaaS and is subject to availiability or internet connection

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about it and like what you see, do it, this software will help you get your job done and done rigth!

Keeping track of projects, task, team members, times and global milestones.

Teamwork Projects review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Teamwork helps us manage our projects and track what's important"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Teamwork is the ability to create templates for projects. This means that we can create a task list with responsibilities, dependencies etc and then save it as a template so that future projects of the same type our quicker to setup. It's a real time saver. I also love the task snapshots where it shows what tasks are outstanding for myself or other members.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see more integration, and easier integration with google drive, i.e. linking to files on google drive.

I'd also like to see wysiwig attribution of dependencies in tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your requirements and goals for the software.

Ensure you onboard your team well and mandate the use.

Utilize the software to it's max and you will love it.

In larger corporations I'd recommend getting a upper management sponsor and keeping them in the loop of how this software is enabling your team to more effectively perform their role, reduce costs etc.

Managing projects, tracking progress, working as a team.

Teamwork Projects review by Sahil J.
Sahil J.

"A all in one platform for project management"

What do you like best?

The best thing about teamwork that I like is:

- Setup project milestones and arrange the task lists based on them.

- Setup tasks, assign to people, record time and move to different list as and when they are updated.

- Manage notes, messages and files with permission levels grouped by companies or individuals.

What do you dislike?

It needs to add ability to organize files using folders. It also lacks the ability to make edits in files which is present in a few other project management tools. It needs to adds the ability to manage a project using different development cycles such as agile or waterfall. It also lacks the ability to create sprints which is a very useful feature for developers to track their development progress for long term projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teamwork projects is the solution for you if you are looking for managing projects by setting up milestones, add tasks and maintain their progress, assign to your team. Add and maintain all project related documents in a single platform. Manage communication with your clients and internal team using the message feature. Store passwords and other information in notes with the appropriate privacy level to share.

Project management becomes a serious issue when we manage a project manually. Teamwork helps to add people according to organization so we were able to add the privacy level for other modules of the platform. We were able to set up milestones for the projects to track the progress of the project.

Teamwork Projects review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Gets the job done, but frustrating AF"

What do you like best?

I really like the timer option. As someone that has to track time on different client tasks, it's nice to be able to start the time and log my time directly after. I also like the ability to have notebooks and task lists within each client, it makes it easy to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

I've had multiple occasions in which tasks or events seem to disappear or when they don't show up on task reports. It's frustrating to have to go task by task and figure out what's happening when trying to pull a report. The left side of the dashboard (that lists all the clients) freezes up a lot too, so even though I am at the bottom of the page the list won't load and won't show the full client list.

It's helped us keep track of time spent on projects better in order to hold us accountable with clients.

Teamwork Projects review by Jose B.
Jose B.

"Teamwork Projects Rocks"

What do you like best?

It's a great online platform that integrates project management with messaging platform to enhance teamwork operation and collaboration. It has many subscriptions option according to functions that you need. You can pay it monthly or annually. If you need test the platform, you can create a free account that allow you to manage two projects with access to basic features.

What do you dislike?

The interfaces it not friendly. Dashboard is focused only in task and doesn't include generic status for every resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gantt charts are available through reports only.

with an online project management, team member doesn't need access to local network for update project file. Additionally, every user receives notifications about task and resources assigned.

Teamwork Projects review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Teamwork is the best!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to create projects and tasks and very simple to add coworkers, send messages, add files to a project, etc. It makes organizing many different projects and tasks within the projects very easy.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike. I've only been using Teamwork for a little over 4 months and it was very easy to pick up and learn. It didn't take me long to learn how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Teamwork projects for companies that have many clients and many different projects that need to be better organized. It is especially easy for assigning tasks to certain people and then checking the progress of those tasks.

The best thing about Teamwork projects is how simple and organized it is. I work for a company that has hundreds of clients, with each client having a different project, so organization of these projects and the various tasks within the projects is vital.

Learn more about Teamwork Projects

Teamwork Projects Videos

Learning about Teamwork Projects?

* We monitor all Teamwork Projects reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.