Technolutions Slate

Technolutions Slate is a finely-tuned, robust system that enables admissions offices to continuously evolve and advance their programs and processes.

Work for Technolutions Slate?

Learning about Technolutions?

Technolutions Slate Reviews

Ask Technolutions a Question
Showing 40 Technolutions reviews
Technolutions review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"I use Slate for college admissions and recruitment."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that recruitment data and admissions data is in one place. It makes it very easy to enter data myself, research information for choosing recruitment strategies based on data, and communicate with students.

What do you dislike?

I wish that queries were a bit easier to use. Choosing the language necessary to get the information I would like from the dataset is a bit confusing, so I often need to reference previous queries to find the information I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having documents that outline common uses and the steps involved for your office for new hires. I would also recommend having a training for the use of queries, as these are very helpful/powerful for users to get information for themselves, but it can be tricky.

Streamlining messaging, recruitment, data collection, and admissions information into one very powerful system and database is very helpful in my work as an admissions counselor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Technolutions Slate
Technolutions review by Brody T.
Brody T.

"Innovating the face of Orientation"

What do you like best?

I loved how you can specialize and change so many features to match the needs of each platform. Although it was mainly used through Enrollment Management, I used this software for New Student Orientation and controlled messaging, surveys, data, event attendance, and correspondence all through Slate. The app is amazing, the site even better. I have never loved a more intuitive system with so many custom features. I love that other institution connect and chat with one another rather than see it as competition, they work on projects together and even share code/programming with one another if they're already built something of great quality or use. We used this with over 5 on campus offices/departments and the information was so easily shared between so many key players and users that I can't imagine going back to something less brilliant.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there weren't more people that could gain access to large scale alterations, it may have been institutional but there wasn't a lot of free range in some cases with altering report characteristics. I didn't like how boring some of the interface areas were. There's little creative range on how to make that more aesthetically pleasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this software. I'd highly recommend it to anyone at higher ed institutions or similar. The program drastically improved functionality, data integration and multi-person use campus wide.

The previous SOS/Student Information Software was handmade through online systems that were from the 90s. It was so terrible to change functions, reports, data, rsvp event, or really much of anything. This software took so much manual labor/time and streamlined it into a hyper-efficient, ready to go program that made my life and data integration so much simpler.

What Other Education solution do you use?

Technolutions review by Paalika B.
Paalika B.

"Great platform!"

What do you like best?

Great platform to bring together events, messages, appointments. My favorite concept about slate is that I can register attendees of an event and then mark them as attended. This helps my organization keep track of who to send follow-up emails to.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive to use. Some things are placed where I would not expect them to be. It should be a little easier to create an event without creating so many other folders within it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it more user friendly

We are using Slate to recruit graduate students and this has allowed us to follow up with applicants in regards to which program they are applying to. The issues I do have is that it doesn't link up with any other platform, therefore we have to manually enter those applicants in.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Slate for Higher Ed: Powerful system for CRM, Email, Application, and more"

What do you like best?

Slate allows us to quickly maintain a database of all of our students with customizable fields and data. All data is very easily queriable, whether a student is an applicant or prospect. We can easily create letters, rules for maintaining accounts and communications, inquiry forms that look attractive and can be placed on a website, and everything else we need for maintaining and speaking with our customer base.

What do you dislike?

For the high cost, support can be somewhat shoddy. Promised upgrades to the software can end up taking years to manifest (if ever) after they are announced.

The system is also only created for higher ed uses, would not be helpful for others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a lengthy and difficult implementation if not using common app, the process took us about a year and even now we are constantly making changes. At least one Slate 'super user' and a backup must be available on campus for when things break.

Extremely user-friendly CRM means that productivity is increased - anyone in the office is capable of learning and using the system. Slate has helped us move away from paper applications and forms, everything is kept in an online record which leaves less room for error.

Technolutions review by Natalie  P.
Natalie P.

"It is easier than the previous system we used. "

What do you like best?

How quickly you can view each record and how easily you can find each record. The dashboard not only gives you an overview of a record but has direct link to specific aspects of the application.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found anything recently. I have been using this for almost a year now. There have been times when slate would run slower than normal but I feel like that always happens with any system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using slate in a higher education setting is something I would highly recommend.

The problems I am solving with technolutions Slate is being able to know when a record is being active and when a record is not responding or opening emails. It has benefit me to know this.

Technolutions review by Laura F.
Laura F.

"Life-Changing Software!"

What do you like best?

I love that this product is so efficient and really makes it easy to find prospective students, communicate with the students, and track their interest. This also allows potential students to know where I will be so that they can meet with me while I am out on the road-- maximizing my time and making sure I don't waste my time!

What do you dislike?

There really is not much to dislike about this software that I have found so far. It really is an awesome tool!! Perhaps the slight learning curve, but I believe that the new training will absolutely be worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT. Every day that passes without using slate is a day that you are missing out on a great product! Truly a job-changing piece of software that I am so glad our organization has started to use!

With this product we have found a way to keep track of our potential students. It is a smooth process and I really think that it will make a huge difference in the way that we are able to reach new students. In addition, we are able to track the information that we give to students and are able to make sure that all of the relevant parties are involved in the college decision making process.

Technolutions review by Shiloh  R.
Shiloh R.

"Excellent for institutions"

What do you like best?

This product is easy to use; however, at the same time, it offers room for growth and implementing new policies and procedures as Slate is learned.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, the more complex functions of Slate can be a little overwhelming and intimidating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slate is an internet-based program for institutions. Their ability to keep every update current is a big plus when considering this product. The amount of work that is able to happen with Slate saves time and money.

Causing the application process from start to finish become more efficient and reliable with little human error being experienced

Administrator in Higher Education

"More efficient and informed admissions operation."

What do you like best?

Slate is designed specifically for higher ed admissions and delivers on every aspect of our recruitment operation. With Slate we are able to manage travel recruitment strategies, execute our print and digital communications plan, import prospect and applicant data from various sources, create custom forms and applications, read apps and make final admissions decisions. Slate releases updates constantly and support is readily available.

What do you dislike?

While not often, there are occasions when custom sql is needed which can take some time for technolutions to build or respond to a request. Also, the major lacking feature is a task management system for our staff users. There is a feature in production but currently unavailable.

We are receiving cleaner and consistent data which makes our business intelligent exponentially better than previous operations. We have also automated many tasks eliminating wasted man hours.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Excellent Support & Documentation, Ability to do Anything"

What do you like best?

You can truly do anything you want to do in Slate. The support is incredible - you'll be able to work with their team to help you set up sophisticated processes.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have the resources to devote someone to Slate full-time, or if you are looking for a CRM that will have a support team do everything for you, Slate isn't for you. They will really "teach you to fish" instead of "giving you a fish."

Our previous provider had no support, was difficult to navigate, and just wasn't able to do the things we needed. With Slate, we can log in anywhere, do work offline, and set permissions for users campus-wide.

Technolutions review by User in Higher Education

"Top-notch enrollment management software"

What do you like best?

SLATE has exceeded my expectations in many areas:

- It is user friendly and easy to learn

- It is highly functional and easy to adapt to varying enrollment demands

- It provides a clear and comprehensive platform for enrollment

- Data points can easily be transferred into other systems

- It enables effective com automation that is both efficient and personalized

What do you dislike?

The phone and tablet apps still need to be improved a little and SLATE does not yet offer a full SIS functionality.

SLATE has completely transformed our enrollment management system and we are seeing increased enrollment as well as improved business intelligence as a result. .

Technolutions review by Olivia F.
Olivia F.

"Great tool to gather information with"

What do you like best?

From a daily users perspective it is very user friendly. It is also great to gather information.

What do you dislike?

Extracting the information seems a bit comber sum, but that just may be the way my organization has set it up. I wish it would be easier to generate reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow employees to utilize the reports to the fullest as this will maximize the positive impact Slate has on your business.

Tracking people interested in our product through attendance of events and as a system to generate mailings.

Technolutions review by User in Higher Education

"Good for Customer Service"

What do you like best?

This portal service helps us manage our applicant pool for students applying to our university and makes it easier for multiple people to make notes on files and keep a record of communications with students.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of the website is a little clunky and dated. It kinda looks like an old Windows 98 program.

We can now provide better customer service to applying students and families due to our better ability to see where the student is in the application process and better record keeping with prior communications with students. We can pull more individualized reports to understand the data trends for who is applying.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great product for Higher Ed professionals!"

What do you like best?

Once you learn the basics of the system, it is pretty intuitive and easy to use. The documentation available in both video and text format really makes it possible to troubleshoot and learn many functions on your own. The training and on boarding they offer is also super helpful.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints but I do wish some parts of the system were more customizable without having to know SQL. This is a little prohibitive in being innovative with the system but overall the product already does what you need it to do.

A huge benefit has been in collecting prospect information in a way that we can actually use it. The communications are so easy to set up and this has enabled us to very easily communicate with our prospective applicants on a regular basis, and gain insights about their patterns and behaviors.

Another business problem this has solved is streamlining our appointment scheduling. There is an online tool for a calendar and our students can sign up for tours, class visits and meetings with admissions all on one page. They no longer need to call or email and this has alleviated a huge amount of administrative work in the office.

"Slate technolutions"

What do you like best?

Slate is easy to navigate and provides several options for support and training. There are a variety of modules and each module has a wide range of documentation and support for training. There are regular updates and the functionalities are extremely beneficial to our organizations needs.

What do you dislike?

Slate has limited customer service and charges for support team calls. Certain functionalities within Slate are limited in their capabilities for customization which would ensure accurate data presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slate has enhanced our CRM processes. It is of great value, but certainly within its capabilities. I recommend doing a trial run with Slate Technolutions before committing to purchasing it, to ensure it meets the organizations needs.

Slate currently solves the problem of one single CRM. It has been an effective tool for CRM maintenance, thus far. Several departments employ the use of Slate or manage prospective student database, allowing our organization to maintain a steady, uninterrupted flow of communication to stakeholders.

Technolutions review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"User-friendly admissions technology"

What do you like best?

Slate is very user-friendly. Even if you weren’t an admissions counselor, you could understand what the functionality of this website is and does. You can do anything from managing text messages sent to students to reviewing applications to answering and tracking emails.

What do you dislike?

The technology is still slightly new, so there are some improvements that need to be made. But, luckily, as an admissions counselor, I don’t have to deal with them! It’s mostly the background data management side that struggles with how to do certain things.

Ease of reviewing applications! It’s so nice to not have to review applications on paper anymore!

Technolutions review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Wonderful responsiveness and customizability!"

What do you like best?

Great for higher education! It is built for this field and we love it. It's asks the right questions and has a great framework but is so customizable.

What do you dislike?

Good amount of time to implement which is understand for a new CRM that is so customizable from scratch.

Starting from scratch on our processes: we are able to set up things how we want instead of setting up our process based on the system and what it wants

Administrator in Higher Education

"Powerful software with ease of reporting and integration"

What do you like best?

The ability to track applicants' materials from start to finish, the batch capability to assign readers during admission process, the communication capability, and the ease of access from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The app is not perfectly designed, so it is hard to access from a mobile device. Also, some of the custom reports are hard to use (for example, the delivery reports for messages sent through the internal function doesn't provide recipient name).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, use it, embrace it!

Start to finish CRM and admission operations. Benefits include efficiency, access, and clean look and feel for end users.

Technolutions review by User

"Slate has been amazing "

What do you like best?

The dashboard is my favorite part. Love that I can have the overview of the record, as well as, direct link to specific aspects of the record

What do you dislike?

I am still in the progress of working on figuring out sending off the same email to multiple records. Different than sending off automatic comm. It seems like a lengthy process for one email, using mail merge through word is easier.

We are solving getting communication out to students quicker and more efficiently. The benefits is being able to jump from one record to the next quickly.

Technolutions review by Anson S.
Anson S.

"Clean interface with good features"

What do you like best?

The features really stand out and the ability to integrate with email to generate reports really helps

What do you dislike?

The system is quite complex in its architecture and we have found it difficult to customize at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand exact business needs before taking the leap into signing up and changing systems

Application management, prospect outreach

Administrator in Higher Education

"Powerful tool, when you figure out its features."

What do you like best?

Great way to ensure effective marketing. It's also a very flexible product meaning it can basically do whatever you want, if you can figure out how.

What do you dislike?

Requires lots of IT support and knowledge. Do not do this alone. You need at least one full time person who can code and understand programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have IT support!

We are doing much more effective marketing to prospective students. Our staff is also able to work one on one with prospective students rather than viewing the pool of students overall.

Technolutions review by Shelby J.
Shelby J.

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the timeline feature. I love being able to see all the interactions that we have with prospective students. I also really like that we can review and read application straight from Slate. Also, the query function is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I dislike anything about it, it has just taken some getting used to and adjustment in the implementation process.

It is nice to be able to do all our processes from the Slate interface.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Not customer service friendly"

What do you like best?

It makes reading applications very simple and efficient.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is weak to non existent. They think the system is intuitive but it is not and it also seems as if they favor certain schools over others as far as how much they are willing to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate with a quickbooks or a system that we can create and distribute invoices on.

Doing all our application reading online there is less space for human error as well as is more environmentally friendly.

Technolutions review by Iliana H.
Iliana H.

"The Salvation of Our Campus"

What do you like best?

The never ending attitude of innovation and improvement! This company truly cares about placing new features in your hands for optimal use.

What do you dislike?

Not much other than visual appearance not being super attractive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least take a look at a demo!

Data data data! We’ve had a history of not having consistent data points and Slate has completely illuminated that. Also, more automated communication is going out to regularly so admissions counselors are having to send out less personal tedious reminders.

"Technolutions Slate"

What do you like best?

Slate is awesome because it pushes all of the emails you need sent without a ton of extra effort. Once you set up the mailing it's good to go!

What do you dislike?

Slate does SO much that it's not super easy to learn. There's always another element and it's easy to forget things when trying to set up queries. Lots of steps.

Communicating with students is SO much easier. Really nice that we can see if and when they have opened emails.

Technolutions review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Slate revolutionized or Admissions operation"

What do you like best?

Built from the ground up for University/College Admissions.

What do you dislike?

Still searching for this answer... we have been so pleased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further. Slate is all you need. We couldn’t be more satisfied.

Business intelligence for recruitment strategies.

Technolutions review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Slate for Events and Prospective Students"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and very organized. Probably one of the best database systems that I've experienced in my short career.

What do you dislike?

Some of the options are hidden and difficult to find, but once you get past the learning curve, it's fine.

By having thousands of prospective students, we need a way to keep them organized. At events, we use Slate to check in to see who attends, and it automatically sends them a thank you or a "sorry we missed you" based on their attendance. It gives us really easy numbers for reporting and is quick and simple.

"WE LOVE SLATE!"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and provides exactly what we need to help our company thrive.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of anything that I do not like about slate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful tool! It has revolutionized our campus!

We are now able to have clear and organized communication with our students, as well as being able to build reports and queries that help us do our jobs.

Technolutions review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Good Product!"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly and intuitive. It has been the easiest software I've used so far at our university to be able to check students information.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of! I have not found anything frustrating with this software to date.

Ease of finding students information. User friendly and intuitive. Can easily find what I'm looking for even if I had not had previous instructions.

Technolutions review by Melinda C.
Melinda C.

"Good Enterprise CRM"

What do you like best?

Very easy to switch from previous CRM. Simple layout and functionality.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and query functions are not as intuitive to the layperson (more geared towards technical people).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great training documentation, videos, etc.

Needed a CRM system for all aspects of the university.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Amazing Product! Compares to nothing else I have used!"

What do you like best?

I like that it works intuitively and that it is easy to use like an Apple product. When I need something it is there and I do not have to search for it.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to bring up multiple screens to use at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slate was a game changer for our admissions office. We had paper files before we got slate and transferred everything to electronic versions.

We are organizing our admissions process and applicants through Slate. We have realized the benefits of a more user friendly software that is extremely more organized and just more intuitive over all.

Technolutions review by Makaiya S.
Makaiya S.

"Great first impression"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the fact that the company does not have a sales team.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the fact that, because there is no sales team, no one comes to campus to do an in-person training of the product.

We are solving the problem of a lack of functional prospect software.

Technolutions review by User in Higher Education

"SLATE empowers Admissions Professionals"

What do you like best?

Slate has streamlined our admissions process dramatically, simplifying processes for tracking, contacting prospective students, managing the application and interview process, and sending out decisions and post-decision communication.

What do you dislike?

Slate frequently makes updates that are sometimes not explained to customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and get people on your staff who know how to use it well! It is a super powerful tool with a lot of cool features, but in order to use it well you have to really understand it.

Scheduling interviews, managing applications, communicating with applicants, running analytics, querying applicants

"Admissions Center Data"

What do you like best?

Slate is very user friendly and the company will create anything you need in order to be successful.

What do you dislike?

Pulling queries on the program can be difficult at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dream big -- they'll make what you need.

We use Slate for everything, from reading applications, tracking students interest, planning travel and scheduling interviews. It is an all in one resource.

Technolutions review by Administrator

"Everything You Need; (Almost) Everything You Want"

What do you like best?

The voyager mapping tool allows us to track lead sources over time.

What do you dislike?

Texts aren’t auto-logged. It would be a strong enhancement to allow text campaigns to be auto logged

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for an amazing tool!

communications and caseload management

"I LOVE SLATE!"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and a wonderful alternative to what we were previously using.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about it thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!!!

We are able to contact students and stay organized through interactions.

"Technolutions Slate"

What do you like best?

Slate makes my job easy! From reviewing applications to keeping track of student engagement, it is my one-stop shop for recruitment.

What do you dislike?

Some features are more advanced and I don't know quite how to use--however I'm sure if I did my research I would be able to use even more features than I do now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!!

Slate provides amazing data that we can use to track our progress year after year. It enables us to target specific markets and be more strategic in our recruiting strategies.

"Slate Review"

What do you like best?

This system is incredibly user friendly and robust. I am amazed at how smart this system is!

What do you dislike?

It can occasionally be too smart for the user's good, but that is not the fault of the system!

We use this program for tracking prospective students and applicants.

Technolutions review by User in Higher Education

"The best student information system."

What do you like best?

It is so easy to locate student records, and it responds very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I only wish contact information would be on the first page. Otherwise, it's perfect.

This is a very easy way to house student records of all kinds.

Technolutions review by User in Higher Education

"Slate- techno solutions review"

What do you like best?

This product is very intuitive, user friendly and the possibilities are endless.

What do you dislike?

There have been no issues with it since I started using the product.

Admissions recruitment and enrollment efforts. Would also like to possibly award financial aid through the product.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. I like that everyone stays on the same page

What do you dislike?

Query building could be more user friendly, I wish it were easier to make searches

More organized, connects everyone in the office

Learning about Technolutions Slate?

* We monitor all Technolutions Slate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.