Tenrox

Tenrox

Tenrox is a cloud-based PSA Solution that gives professional services organizations and finance departments a centralized and modular platform to manage their core business operations including project management, resource optimization, project accounting, time and expense management, and billing and revenue recognition.

Work for Tenrox?

Learning about Tenrox?

Tenrox Reviews

Ask Tenrox a Question
Showing 58 Tenrox reviews
Tenrox review by M. Emily C.
M. Emily C.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

As a systems administrator, I enjoy the Tenrox system itself. I would say of the systems I have worked with in the past and those that I currently work with, Tenrox is one of my favorites relative to my current business needs. Tenrox has a huge range of capabilities and options and its very easy to select and use particular components and ignore those that aren't valuable based on the need. it is also a well-structured system, and once you understand the basic mapping it is very logical. When our PMs and hourly resources are first presented with Tenrox they often feel overwhelmed at a glance, but the vast majority of the time after only a small amount of training they are able to use the system quite well.

What do you dislike?

My response was previously their customer service, but Upland has taken huge strides in the past couple years and are now providing great customer service - it is like night and day. I do not have any dislikes - as with any system there are infrequent tweaks necessary, infrequent bugs that are addressed, etc., but nothing so pronounced that I could label it a down-side to the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need complex functionality, flexibility, and scale-ability, definitely consider Tenrox.

We work with a wide variety of project types and are able to create several different structures in the system to manage them all in one place - Tenrox is a hugely scale-able tool. One of the reasons we have kept Tenrox is that it houses our full data even when smaller groups within our organization have to use other systems as is often dictated by our Clients'. We use many smaller systems for more specific project management, and Tenrox houses 'it all.'

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tenrox
Tenrox review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent support, making progress on the product but not quite there yet"

What do you like best?

Customer support is first class. The product meets basic requirements but then falls down in some idiosyncratic design decisions on how the product can work in and of itself and in reporting.

What do you dislike?

Some product and reporting limitations. Product limitation in not supporting template project plans in the new UPP is a biggy but hopefully will be resolved. Best practice PSA recommends using efficient and effective Project templates for projects which follow a similar path. It can be achieved with a workaround but this then breaks integration to salesforce. Cannot create some "101" reports for project team members which is odd but once again on the roadmap to fix so fingers crossed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pain is always in the detail. Know your requirements and check that they are met.

Managing many client deployment projects across multiple countries and currencies. Mostly meeting the basics but a number of irritations. That said, Uplands are good at listening and including valid requests into their roadmap. Their regular customer webinars, roadmap and releases are good and welcome, and do give me hope but do require patience.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Tenrox review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Tenrox - PSA Application to Meet All Your Requirements"

What do you like best?

My organization has been working with Tenrox for 4 years. We have found that the Tenrox cloud application meets all of our global business requirements - including multi-currency, multi-org, and complex billing rules. No matter what business scenario we have needed to manage with the Tenrox software, we have been able to configure the application to meet our needs.

I will also add that Tenrox has a terrific support organization. Working with many different cloud software vendors through the years, the Tenrox team has really impressed me with their responsiveness, product knowledge, and customer service focus.

What do you dislike?

The out of the box reports delivered by Tenrox do not meet the needs of my organization. Tenrox is working to improve their analytics and reporting capabilities but my organization still relies heavily on a part time developer to build and update reports that meet our auditing, billing, time and expense reporting needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organizations looking for a cost effective fully functional PSA solution, should add Tenrox to their short list.

We purchased Tenrox to meet our PSA requirements. We implemented the cloud software and easily integrated it to our tier 1 ERP financial software. We use Tenrox for time and expense management, project administration, absence management, billing and invoicing, project P&L reporting, and resource management. We have been able to get rid of all excel spreadsheets that were used for resource scheduling, skills tracking, and contractor payments.

Our organization has realized tremendous benefits in automation. We have also streamlined our billing, invoice and payment processes. We can close our month in a matter of hours vs what used to take several days.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Managing the Anecdotal"

What do you like best?

We love the way users and management alike can see the project allocations as well as actual hours put against the project. It gives everyone greater visibility into workloads and resource management.

What do you dislike?

A few of the data restrictions are frustrating, but with regular updates planned throughout this year, we have high hopes that those data relationships will be streamlined in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking the time to write up your current workflow process state, as well as your desired workflow process state, prior to beginning implementation. The system has almost unlimited options, and without having a clear direction from the outset it is easy to get lost in the details.

We implemented Tenrox to better track, identify, and manage our staffing requirements and resource needs; previously most of this was done with guesstimates. We now have greater visibility into project scope, resource utilization, and our staffing needs.

Tenrox review by Tomin K.
Tomin K.

"Company uses this tool to log work hours, expenses, and request time off"

What do you like best?

I like that Tenrox has the ability to see previous submissions of hours and expenses. It seems like the tool is very robust and extendable to all business needs.

What do you dislike?

Tenrox does not have a mobile app to make expenses and time entry easier. Tenrox is not very user friendly. We need to have a slide deck tutorial for new employees to learn how to use it. I have been using the newest version for over a year now, and I sometimes have to go back and review the instructions to remember how to submit timesheets for the week. The interface is not intuitive or aesthetically pleasing. The gray background is not easy on the eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a tool with a more intutive interface. When you have all your employees funneled into using a tool, it must be well-designed, so that employees can spend more time working, and less time doing administrative tasks with Tenrox.

Organizing timesheet submissions, expense reports, and paid time off requests for a 500+ person company,.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I Have 15 years experience with Tenrox. "

What do you like best?

The system is very flexible. I can change names of fields to more suit our organization. i.e. Personal time instead of sick leave. I can set things to work the way I want them to work. It is an excellent fit for a service organization

What do you dislike?

The hidden operations, In order to implement you have to complete all the steps and sometimes the final step is hidden. For example setting up PO operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to like to think. It requires you to be a thinker and take notes.

Our organization can go from 50 to 500 people and we would need no additional help in accounting.

Tenrox review by Micheal G.
Micheal G.

"Great service, cheap and very reliable."

What do you like best?

Where do I start? The advantage it has given to my business over the past 2 months is amazing. Instead of manually having to work out payrolls etc, I am now able to quickly and easily automate the process to my liking. I am also able to use it across multiple devices, so I can manage it pretty much where ever I am, at work or at home. Another thing I like is the support, it was very quick, and they replied even quite late at night, when I was trying to get a specific thing working, they were able to quickly and efficiently fix it and I was able to get to get other things done. It is quite fast too, and I have not seen it get in to any error at all, so I would therefore recommend it gracefully, to save anyone the pain.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I truly dislike about this is the fact that it didn't exactly work to my liking at first, and had to numerously contact the support to fix and correct the things that I didnt like, which may I say were fantastic at doing so for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this as it was quite annoying having to manually do this job.

As said, I no longer have to manually do anything involving payroll, but instead I am able to automatically set it up, and it gives me a lot more time to work on other projects, to get an overall greater job done.

Tenrox review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Very configurable PSA platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for various job roles. Great reporting including full data model access.

What do you dislike?

Can't easily handle our billing setup, which just has rates cards that bill be employee classification. This seems like an obvious way to bill in my industry, is standard in other PSA tools, but not this one.

Needed a more modern and lower cost PSA that our previous one. So far Tenrox has delivered that.

Tenrox review by Administrator

"Great Tool leaving room for growth"

What do you like best?

Tenrox is a very manipulatable tool allowing for you to set it up and tailor it to the needs of your business.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more administrative tasks are a little fiddly making it a little touchy when you are making changes to certain things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of your time with the implementation team by setting aside time to practice in between sessions. It will give you a better idea of the questions will come up before go live.

Tenrox has taken our very manual timesheet process into the 21st century! Allowing us better more informed reporting without the manual error!

Tenrox review by Carolyn M.
Carolyn M.

"My Tenrox Experience"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, it is a powerful tool yet simplistic in nature.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any dislikes to date - some things we have found over the years have been fixed / updated in new releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Tenrox solutions to small, medium or large businesses. Everyone has always been extremely professional and willing to help. The bonus is the Tenrox Conference - these are great!!!

Status reports are big for me as a Project Manager. We use this for all client data and invoicing and I can get everything on one dashboard. Helps to keep me on budget and track for all of my projects!

Tenrox review by Tim G.
Tim G.

"Good PM tool but poor accounting and purchasing integration"

What do you like best?

Tenrox is user friendly for the most part and the newest updates have helped improve the basic user experience.

What do you dislike?

Support is spotty and Knowledge Base is out of date or behind on many topics.

No purchasing module and connectivity to accounting software is lacking.

Timesheets, Scheduling and forecasting.

Invoicing is still on hold.

Tenrox review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Confusing and frustrating"

What do you like best?

I don't like Tenrox at all. Very confusing!

What do you dislike?

Everything. Nothing makes sense. Can't search for stuff. Slow. Confusing and all I try to do is try to enter time. I can't imagine how miserable it is for the people who need to manage it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really use it and see if it actually works for you and your users!

All I want to do is enter my timecard and it is a huge hassle.

Tenrox review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Better than using Excel spredsheets but the UI is a tad clunky"

What do you like best?

I like that they have a fairly easy to setup system for our finance team to use that didn't require a lot of technical resources from our IT team to setup. It provided a way to get us out of using Excel to track timesheets and expenses and made it easier for our team to be anywhere and get our expenses and time tracking completed. Recent updates have even made it easier and less dependent on the finance team members to give us an expense back or a timesheet so we can make adjustments incase we missed something after submitting.

What do you dislike?

The UI is very dated and rather clunky. It takes time for it to respond and its often difficult to understand why it hasn't saved an item. I had a situation recently as a user where the setup of our expenses would not save and would not provide any clues as to why it would not save. Turned out I had typed in a code instead of searched and selected it from the case code list. The errors were not helpful at all. We have seen other non technical people struggle mightily with the setup of the Expenses module. Searching a large list of case codes is far from easy and prone to problems. Entering mileage for a trip should be easier and incorporate search engines or a mapping engine like Bing or Google. Instead you have to go external and get the number of miles between destinations. It just needs more developer love and listening to their audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look at all the other vendors and get the best for your specific team needs. We have offices in multiple locations. So its been much easier to use than Excel but certainly there could be better and easier to use solutions out there that might do the trick for your organization.

Getting rid of using Excel to handle timesheets and expenses. It certainly helped bridge that gap and made it easier for our finance team to get moving in the right direction to automating billing and expense checks.

Tenrox review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Fine product for small firms"

What do you like best?

The tool is fairly simple to navigate, and it has the necessary features you would want in a time tracking tool like adding attachments and/or comments to your time submission. It's also nice in how it only shows you one week at a time to log your work.

What do you dislike?

At times, probably due to the fact that I often needed to access it via Internet Explorer, certain links would not appear, yet since I knew where they were, I was still able to click them. It may be an issue if you use Internet Explorer still for all of your internet browsing. The input was a little slow to recognize my entry for each day as well, but that might have been an Internet Explorer thing as well.

We were a consultant that was working through another consulting firm at a client engagement. The tool was used to submit our work to the prime consulting firm so that they could accurately bill the client for our work. The tool seemed to do a fine job for that.

Tenrox review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Simple, highly flexible, yet robust PSA solution"

What do you like best?

We've been using Tenrox for just over one year, and it has been a fantastic experience. It has simplified our processes yet ensured that we have the right level of control over our professional services operations. The UI experience is so smooth, it has actually contributed to a large extent to fast adoption by the team. We have also learned to leverage the great capabilities of the solution to such an extent that we were able to tailor it to our specific needs in a very intuitive manner. We are big fans!

What do you dislike?

While the system is equipped with various reporting capabilities, they are all geared towards the standard set of functionality in the system. Any specialized reporting requires a detailed understanding of the data model and technical report development skills. Extended reporting can use looking at things from a different perspective.

Additionally, the Project Management functionality in the system are pretty much geared around the Revenue Management aspect, and not from Projects Operations perspective. We still need to use MS Project for example to manage our project schedules, deliverables, day-to-day resourcing, and general operational tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full Professional Services Automation, from timesheeting to expense management to revenue and billing management.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Does the basics well, but no fun to use"

What do you like best?

Time entry is straight-forward and easy to use. The system can be set-up in many different ways to suit business needs.

What do you dislike?

The system is not intuitive and is difficult to work with. The reporting is clunky and feels like it was designed in the early 2000's. The system documentation is incomplete and dated. Invoicing capabilities are limited and it would be best not to use. The user community is not active so it is difficult to find answers to questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other systems and be aware that it is not a pretty looking system, so be careful if that matters to your user base. Be sure you know exactly how you want to use the system. Once a path is chosen, it is not easy to change. Be prepared to invest is customized reports.

We use the system to record employee time and expenses on projects. We have seen benefits from our prior system with the ease of exporting data to Excel for analysis.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Simplified time tracking and resource planning"

What do you like best?

The built in reporting engine and automated reminders

What do you dislike?

Large exports of data can be slow, automated report distribution would be an asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you are clear on where you want to go, Tenrox can provide many paths forward and the consultants can steer you in the wrong direction if you do not have a clear vision for the data you want to collect and how you wish to report on it.

Time collection and resource planning adherence.

Tenrox review by User in Financial Services

"Employee facing view could use a little polish"

What do you like best?

The back-end reporting out of Tenrox was easy compared to a lot of other systems.

What do you dislike?

The employee facing side of their time tracking looked pretty antiquated and employees found it difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how easily employees will be able to use the system and add-in the potential cost of user support and erroneous entries due to the customer interface.

We needed a time tracking solution for our employees. When the interface was not generating employee calls on how to use the system it did a good job of allowing us to quickly report on time tracking. Part of that might have been mitigated by more in-depth training for employees, but a time tracking system should be intuitive and require little training.

Tenrox review by Jim B.
Jim B.

"Everything all in one place"

What do you like best?

Tenrox lets us keep all of our project information in one place: timesheets, project structure, budgets.

What do you dislike?

Navigation is awkward and time-consuming, where it feels like an old client-server application. Report generation is often slow and frustrating. Custom report building or ad hoc reporting would be a nice addition. Workflow related to timesheet rejection needs improvement.

Tenrox allows us to stay on top on every project.

Tenrox review by Gary W.
Gary W.

"Excellent cloud based Time and Billing software which has improved the operations and reduced costs "

What do you like best?

Great out of the box reports and ability to customize reports . Clients are amazed at how we can generate reports for them when reviewing projects. Tenrox supports us very well now and going forward with changes necessitated by Microsoft 2013.great support.

What do you dislike?

I am very happy and have no negative comments.

Invoice accuracy , project reporting , and navigating the resource capability minefield , timeliness of time cards, quick turn around of employee expenses, and vendor payments. We export to Sage Software for accounting seamlessly.

Tenrox review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Tenrox Project Management "

What do you like best?

As a project management tool it is awesome and combines a lot of features that will help ease the processes of your business especially within its task management.

What do you dislike?

One of the few things I did not like about the product is the lack of product backlog that would add such a great feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to implement PM tool this is a great one to start out with and give a go.

We utilized its document management a lot and while it was being used the task manager solutions it offered were very clear, concise, and efficient.

View Original

"Ever improving platform"

What do you like best?

Regular incremental releases and feature packs, helpful support staff, good understanding of your business and how others work

What do you dislike?

there's not a lot to dislike. There's still some inconsistencies in UI though they're slowly getting eroded with every release

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good delivery team coupled up with good global after care & support

Professional Services - Getting more accurate recording of activities

Tenrox review by Kristin R.
Kristin R.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Able to use it along with SharePoint and tracks various products.

What do you dislike?

As of right now with the short time frame I've used it, there is nothing that I dislike.

Having a place for timecards where everyone in the company can put their hours together. Seeing how many hours in different department each project takes up.

Tenrox review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Project management that is cloud based and can be used anywhere!"

What do you like best?

The best feature of the system is the dashboard and the ability to see everything in one place. Each project is listed out and shows how far along it is. The financial information can also be accessed and can even forecast the profits, as a whole as well as by each department.

What do you dislike?

The only area that I feel is not as great as the others is the workflows. While it does provide a visual for you process, I feel it is almost a cheap feel to it. It is not the most professional looking and I feel that it could use some improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system can be intimidating at first with all of the different benefits that it has. I have really enjoyed learning about it as it allows you to only use what you need to as you learn the system. Once you really get the hang or it you can add in new modules.

There are so many benefits to list here. Some of the most helpful aspects are the resource scheduling and the financial reporting. We have also found the time sheet to be useful. this helped us to eliminate another system that we were using before this.

Tenrox review by James H.
James H.

"Tenrox review from the coalface"

What do you like best?

The reporting tools are excellent and extremely versatile - and so long as people input their time correctly, valuable data-sets can be obtained and manipulated fairly rapidly. We distribute budget and project reports to our clients on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis and the reporting tools help us automate most of the work.

What do you dislike?

The single biggest issue with Tenrox (and I'm sure there will be many who say this) is it's user interface. It has to be one of the most unintuitive and awkward applications I've ever used, with buttons scattered haphazardly, a cumbersome search facility, counter-intuitive user journey, and no feedback on actions. As the Program Lead, I get to use Tenrox all day every day and am now (mostly) used to it, but for other team members it's a constant struggle to input their time (which results in a lot of my time being taken up with assisting them).

Our main use for Tenrox revolves around timesheeting and invoicing. Tenrox has allowed us to standardise time tracking across our many internal teams, thereby improving invoicing process and BI

Tenrox review by User in Computer Software

"Tenrox might be the saver"

What do you like best?

It has a nice and modern UI and it is a web based, not a sharepoint type of apps, and we can track my time sheet and expenses in the same system rather than 2 different systems..

What do you dislike?

A little bit confusing as it doesn't include some tooltips to help the new comers for example to find their way. For example in our company we are using Tenrox to track our time and expenses, and it took me a while to know how to add a note against an entry !.

Tracking the consultant's time spent on the client site.

Tenrox review by Vassil M.
Vassil M.

"We are using the product primary for Timesheet and vacation requests"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use . Saving the changes

What do you dislike?

Some modules doesn't work well in different browsers .

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good support

As it used primary for time sheet and vacations request benefits are tracking the requests and optimizing the work hours for employees.

Tenrox review by Alyssa E.
Alyssa E.

"Good experience, but challenging user experience "

What do you like best?

Our company as a whole can resource people in our organization with real-time information. We can plan our needs and over-allocations accordingly, which is really helpful with new hires and staffing.

What do you dislike?

When you try to input hours to resources the screen jumps all over. It's challenging to use on a day-to-day basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a long implementation process, but overall it's been successful for our company. It can be tedious because for each project to be set up there are many steps so that can be quite time consuming.

The system also must have collaboration from all parties working within it. If a few people don't keep it up to date it throws off the whole system.

Resource staffing, vacation requests, time sheet submission, project forecasting

Tenrox review by Marco V.
Marco V.

"Time keeping application never seem to be brilliant at what they do but Tenrox makes that just worse"

What do you like best?

I am sure there are some great functionality in there for some people but I have not found them yet after 12 months.

What do you dislike?

I have been using many different time tracking systems over the years and all have their own problems. But using Tenrox gives me a weekly grip.

- Slow, dead slow, when asking for a time code it takes so much time to show it on screen

- Search show limited information, can't search for partial, can't see whole result

- Availability; while generally good there have been some serious connectivity issues of late

- UI: if you have a large number of time codes to work with on a weekly basis view becomes unwieldy

- UI: adding comments to time bookings is slow and as soon as you move you mouse off it pops up messages

Sorry for the negative review, but if you are offering an internet based time keeping service, availability and speed are essential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any internet based time tracking system should be judged on connectivity issues and speed of the UI. Also the turn around time of sorting those out is important. If the company is US based there should be support in 3 continents to ensure 24 hour coverage. it is not good to wait for the US to wake up.

Time keeping to the smallest denominator - the functionality to do this is there, just the speed of the UI and the availability is a major concern

Tenrox review by User in Computer Software

"Tenrox is very easy to use and it synchronizes well with Microsoft Project."

What do you like best?

Tenrox works great for our Project Management team and it is well suited when being used in conjunction with Microsoft Project. For the way Tenrox works in our case, it may not be as useful for Project Management departments that do not use Microsoft Project, or different departments within an organization.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Salesforce would be nice. It looks like this product exists, but is not a part of the Tenrox product that I am using. It would be nice if this were a default feature. I believe the web portal takes up too much screen real estate, and it would be cool if it was configurable to lower the resolution for smaller screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Tenrox to any organization considering it. It is very simple to use and has worked great synchronizing with Microsoft Project. I don't have much complaints.

Tenrox is being used to track hours on project plans, and it syncs with Microsoft Project. The Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance Teams input their hours worked on a certain task into the Tenrox website. Once hours are entered, Microsoft Project is updated in an instant when Updating via the Tenrox Add-In on Microsoft Project. This product works with ease, as long as the users are set-up and are under the right tasks and have the appropriate time frame then Tenrox works like a charm.

Tenrox review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Tenrox - It was the best of times, it was the worst times "

What do you like best?

The Tenrox interface was recently updated to allow a cleaner, brighter look that makes working within the system a little easier on the user. I enjoy the dashboard upon login that provides shortcuts to my recent projects, a summarized view of my Accumulated Leave Time as well as quick access to my timesheet.

What do you dislike?

The recent Tenrox update has caused a few glitches within the system that are, at times, hard to work around. My daily use of Tenrox consists of updating multiple staffing entries across several projects, which is not always conducive to the way my company has the system set up. We are working with our IT team to improve the experience and feel we will get there in time.

Tenrox is the primary tool used among the Project Management department within my company. We use the tool to allocate individual resources, staff against our project plans as well as track time that is connected to our separate revenue tracking system. The benefit of Tenrox has been having these capabilities all within one tool, which saves time in the long run.

"Tenrox Offers a Lot"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about Tenrox is the ability to design reports in various ways; we like the pie chart feature the best.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike, however, sometimes the percentages are hard to read and need adjusting based on decimal places.

Tenrox is helping us to see exactly where project time is being spent and allows us to see where potential changes are needed related to areas of work.

Tenrox review by Rob D.
Rob D.

"Tenrox admin tools are difficult at best"

What do you like best?

The ability to templatise project structure so that you can re-use existing project setup many times over, for similar projects.

What do you dislike?

Utilising the backend tools is difficult as they are not compatible for all web browsers. There's also no feedback to the user when you save something, to advise that it has been saved. So many times I've been caught out by this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure what you want to achieve before selecting a product

Consistent billing to customers along with flexible reporting enabling us to provide customers with detailed breakdown of where project time has been spent. This has been the main draw of the product.

Tenrox review by Mari Beth B.
Mari Beth B.

"Meets our Needs with a Few Issues"

What do you like best?

The company wants to gather information from users to know how their product is working and issues they are regularly experiencing. Tenrox wants to find ways to make their product work to fit their users’ needs and will help with customization of production environments as needed. Tenrox will offer a work- around or better way to approach experienced issues. Tenrox has/is helping us with integration between our different programs so that we can get the most out of all of its capabilities.

What do you dislike?

1. The UI.

- Being the person that completely configured and implemented Tenrox for our company, I have a better understanding of how it works and how to get to other features within the software but still run into features that make it very hard to navigate.

- My other users have a much harder time regularly and complain the most about the number of steps required to run one common report or complete an expense report and timesheet.

- There are a lot of out of the box reports within Tenrox but to be able to combine expense reporting and time reporting an additional cost for custom report is required (depending on version you have).

2. Time Lag for everything

3. Site Maintenance in high use times/ server issues on Tenrox side --- no notice of when site maintenance will occur

--with all this being said, it is my understanding that the new version release of Tenrox is possibly going to alleviate most of the issues at least with the UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

- I would suggest of doing a demo of this product and other similiar products when making a decision on which to use. There are a lot of products out there; Tenrox is an affordable option in comparison but seems like it may work best for smaller number of users/projects than we use it for currently (300+ users; 5000+ projects).

- Contact Tenrox and ask specific questions about your needs before committing to their product.

We use Tenrox for time and expense tracking, and then use an export function within Tenrox to import into our invoicing software. Previously all of our users were using excel spreadsheets for time/expenses and the amount manual data entry for admin for all of our users was too much. With Tenrox we were able to minimize manual data entry and increase accuracy of invoicing. It has also allowed us to have significant time savings for our processes. Tenrox allows our employees in remote locations to complete their time and expenses from anywhere as long as they have internet access.

 We are hoping to be able to begin using other capabilities within Tenrox for Project Management and Cost Tracking and possibly even more offered features in the future.

Tenrox review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Decent app, if used properly."

What do you like best?

It's a fairly simple time and expense management tool, and it's used across several industries. (I used it when I worked in the ad agency world, but I know others that used it in law offices, etc.)

What do you dislike?

A few things here:

- clunky / outdated interface. Definitely not user friendly.

- because I used it at the enterprise level, I needed to use it in IE for some reason, as there were many issues with Tenrox in Chrome + Firefox. (It might have just been that particular implementation, however.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be somewhat user friendly, but bad for those who have to administrate it.

My company used Tenrox for time and expense management from a user perspective, and my project managers used it to allocate time to employees - a must-have for anyone working in an agency environment.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

It seems like it's a very robust tool. UI experience is smooth. Tool is very flexible and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little clunky but you get used to it.

"Good PSA Software"

What do you like best?

Good reporting tools and an easy-to-use interface.

What do you dislike?

Could improve the aesthetic design, but functionality is great.

Allows end-users to easily submit and manage expenses.

Tenrox review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Harsh user experience"

What do you like best?

The company itself seems very committed to gathering feedback from its users and working to match the product to customer needs. I understand there will be a roll-out that addresses some of the current UI issues.

What do you dislike?

The UI. Although the application is powerful, it can be painful to use. Location of information is not intuitive. There is a long list of things that I wish it did differently, including:

* I log in every time I enter the software, so it should serve up my projects, my teams, my information by default instead of me having to dig for it each and every time.

* Time lags. For everything.

* Reporting functionality, which is really important, is very limited and not intuitive. I pretty well need to export any information in order to make it useful to me.

* So many things can only be accessed from one section of the UI. For example, if I want to see what other projects a team resource is staffed to, I need to back ALL the way out and go into another section of the UI rather than just clicking on his/her name and getting more info.

The list could go on. There are 100 items like the ones I listed above that make this software inefficient for my purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a thorough test-drive of the product to ensure that the processes that are important to you aren't painful in the interface. If they are, consider other options.

We use Tenrox for resourcing and time management across an agency.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Well designed for its purpose"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is cloud based software that allows the users to track resource availability in real time,

What do you dislike?

It was not intuitive and the software was complicated to learn. The reports were also difficult to create. This may have changed since then, or it may have been the fault of my organization at the time for customizing/configuring in that particular way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the capabilities of the software and provide recommendations for your leadership for improvement. There is a lot of room for basic improvements.

Sending resources to client sites and tracking their hours and availability precisely.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Tenrox makes possible to have in one place time sheets, expenses, resource management for projects"

What do you like best?

Control and report projects progress based under data collected through all Tenrox Module.

What do you dislike?

End user usability for Time report and project management project budget planning is too manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The administrator must to have Project management knowledge to provide better support to users.

Timesheet report an control for projects

Expenses reports in one place and format

Project planning, tracking and status reporting

Resource management

Tenrox review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Works well and fits our organization's needs"

What do you like best?

We use Tenrox for time and expense tracking, and it works well for this purpose. Tenrox has been very responsive and attentive to our needs. I recently attended their user conference, where we were given a glimpse of the newest release. It seems that they have taken all of the feedback given to them by various customers and incorporated it into the new release.

What do you dislike?

Certain aspects of the interface are not intuitive (on the administrative side; the employee-facing timesheet and expense templates are pretty straightforward). However, we are on an old release, and as mentioned, Tenrox actually utilizes the feedback they receive to make continuous improvements to the product they are offering.

Previously, we were using Excel spreadsheets for employee timesheets and expense reports. By implementing Tenrox, we have recognized significant time savings in the review of these inputs monthly.

Tenrox review by User in Financial Services

"GREAT"

What do you like best?

Mobile - Expense reporting, Project Time Tracking, Access Timesheet information

What do you dislike?

Data synchronization would be very slow & error prone.

Keep track of Project metrics at smart phone. Fast & realistic.

Tenrox review by Everton P.
Everton P.

"Ease of use,but dated look"

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation and options for different time entries I.e. pto, incentive pay etc

What do you dislike?

It looks relatively dated. Could use a refresh in design

Tracking and billing time to clients is very easy from being a consultant

Tenrox review by Rahmouna B.
Rahmouna B.

"Implementation of a new system tracking time and expenses for IT projects"

What do you like best?

You can easily understand how it works and how to configure it to tailor your needs.

What do you dislike?

You have to think ahead how your group will be organized in order to properly define the workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Itis not a magical solutions to your organization's problems, like all tools, you have to think it through before implement this solution.

We could track how much time our resources contributed to which project. This enabled us to allocate our resources more efficiently and to provide data for our business intelligence team.

"I love my Tenrox Rep"

What do you like best?

The functionality to run my staffing plan for my organization.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades break standard functionality and cause issues. Often we have to wait for the next upgrade to try and fix what was broken in an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Resource availability is easy to track and manage.

"Resourcing"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to view the project team allocations by day week or month.

What do you dislike?

The way it jumps from the cell you would like to add to or update when you click on it to the next cell forward. Also, the time it takes to refresh a screen and load the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improve on technical issues as well as user experience.

The ability to track resources across geographic locations to better manage staffing needs.

Tenrox review by Kristina R.
Kristina R.

"Quick and Reliable "

What do you like best?

I like the speed it works at, including all the different features as well. I enjoyed the use of resourcing and planning and the ways you were able to change within date sets.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the interface, I feel as though It could be a bit more user friendly in the consumer facing platform.

We realized by using Tenrox we were able to plan the future, and plan out any risks that we saw in the future.

Tenrox review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Runs well when set-up correctly, not much maintenance required."

What do you like best?

Generally low maintenance for what we do.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility for users changing and re-sizing column widths

We use for Time & Billing. Has removed need for Excel workbooks to track daily work and we can export to our GL application.

Tenrox review by Executive Sponsor in Accounting
Executive Sponsor in Accounting

"Tenrox Software"

What do you like best?

The system allows lots of flexibility for user defined fields and customized reporting.

What do you dislike?

no issues with the product at this time .

Tracking employee time (we are a Professional Services Business)

Invoicing

In depth project reporting and analysis

Tenrox review by Divija A.
Divija A.

"great to use for business"

What do you like best?

it is great to use for business needs and work

What do you dislike?

none it serves all the purpose and works efficieently

to resolve our business needs in terms of efficientcy

Tenrox review by Joy H.
Joy H.

"Tenrox is a great program but there are aspects that could be changed to become more beneficial."

What do you like best?

It allows for employers and employees to keep record of timesheets together.

What do you dislike?

When working with my previous company, I found it tedious and time consuming to print out individual time sheets there were multiple steps - more than necessary. Perhaps there could be a method to implement a simple and easy way to print out timesheets.

At my previous company, my usage with Tenrox was not very in depth but I helped the employer keep track of our employee's pay stubs.

Tenrox review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Tenrox really helps streamline our operations, time tracking and project billing."

What do you like best?

Workflow automation and detailed project cost tracking. Reports are really nice.

What do you dislike?

Overall experience is great but some individual pages can use better UI components.

Very good cost management.

Tenrox review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"UI Makes this Software More Complex Than Needed"

What do you like best?

Its an inexpensive tool that has robust capabilities and features.

What do you dislike?

The UI is outdated, not intuitive and makes simple expense input cumbersome and painful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many more solutions out there and I would consider looking at others if nothing else based on the UI that Tenrox currently has.

Time and Expense Reporting

Tenrox review by Administrator in Computer Software

"We use Tenrox for project billing and utilisation"

What do you like best?

With the new upgrade the you can budget for billable and non-billable hours.

What do you dislike?

The only negative comment I can make is now when you set up a user you need to add their Scope and if you forget the user does not excist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated administrator and have procedures and policies in place.

No Comment

Tenrox review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great product to use"

What do you like best?

Great product to use. I really liked it. Great experience, easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It was a great experience using the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose Tenrox, it's a great experience

Can;t really talk about it, It;s confidential

"Formidable PSA Solution"

What do you like best?

The Tenrox staff has been very helpful in getting the software to meet our business needs.

What do you dislike?

Some features are still lacking but they have been promised in future versions of the product.

Tenrox helps to fill the gap in our PSA reporting, expense workflows, time management, and project planning for our employees.

Tenrox review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Robust features but UI affects use ability"

What do you like best?

Has proven a versatile tool with capabilities to handle majority of technical needs from PSA.

What do you dislike?

Invoice creation cumbersome, reporting could be improved, end users find areas of UI unintuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for PSA management, roadmap should include use - ability enhancements.

Tenrox review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Not the Best, but Not That Bad Either"

What do you like best?

Price is appealing ... for basic T&E for under 200 users, it's fine.

What do you dislike?

The UI needs a major facelift .. not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small business, it's fine, but if you have more than 200 users, spend some more money and go with bigger competitors.

Learn more about Tenrox

Tenrox Videos

Learning about Tenrox?

* We monitor all Tenrox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.