Tenrox

Tenrox

Tenrox is a cloud-based PSA Solution that gives professional services organizations and finance departments a centralized and modular platform to manage their core business operations including project management, resource optimization, project accounting, time and expense management, and billing and revenue recognition.

Work for Tenrox?

Learning about Tenrox?

Tenrox Reviews

Ask Tenrox a Question
Showing 57 Tenrox reviews
Tenrox review by <span>M. Emily C.</span>
M. Emily C.

Great product

What do you like best?

As a systems administrator, I enjoy the Tenrox system itself. I would say of the systems I have worked with in the past and those that I currently work with, Tenrox is one of my favorites relative to my current business needs. Tenrox has a huge range of capabilities and options and its very easy to select and use particular components and ignore those that aren't valuable based on the need. it is also a well-structured system, and once you understand the basic mapping it is very logical. When our PMs and hourly resources are first presented with Tenrox they often feel overwhelmed at a glance, but the vast majority of the time after only a small amount of training they are able to use the system quite well.

What do you dislike?

My response was previously their customer service, but Upland has taken huge strides in the past couple years and are now providing great customer service - it is like night and day. I do not have any dislikes - as with any system there are infrequent tweaks necessary, infrequent bugs that are addressed, etc., but nothing so pronounced that I could label it a down-side to the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need complex functionality, flexibility, and scale-ability, definitely consider Tenrox.

We work with a wide variety of project types and are able to create several different structures in the system to manage them all in one place - Tenrox is a hugely scale-able tool. One of the reasons we have kept Tenrox is that it houses our full data even when smaller groups within our organization have to use other systems as is often dictated by our Clients'. We use many smaller systems for more specific project management, and Tenrox houses 'it all.'

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tenrox
Tenrox review by Administrator in Computer Software

Excellent support, making progress on the product but not quite there yet

What do you like best?

Customer support is first class. The product meets basic requirements but then falls down in some idiosyncratic design decisions on how the product can work in and of itself and in reporting.

What do you dislike?

Some product and reporting limitations. Product limitation in not supporting template project plans in the new UPP is a biggy but hopefully will be resolved. Best practice PSA recommends using efficient and effective Project templates for projects which follow a similar path. It can be achieved with a workaround but this then breaks integration to salesforce. Cannot create some "101" reports for project team members which is odd but once again on the roadmap to fix so fingers crossed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pain is always in the detail. Know your requirements and check that they are met.

Managing many client deployment projects across multiple countries and currencies. Mostly meeting the basics but a number of irritations. That said, Uplands are good at listening and including valid requests into their roadmap. Their regular customer webinars, roadmap and releases are good and welcome, and do give me hope but do require patience.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Tenrox review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting
Invitation from the software vendor

Managing the Anecdotal

What do you like best?

We love the way users and management alike can see the project allocations as well as actual hours put against the project. It gives everyone greater visibility into workloads and resource management.

What do you dislike?

A few of the data restrictions are frustrating, but with regular updates planned throughout this year, we have high hopes that those data relationships will be streamlined in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking the time to write up your current workflow process state, as well as your desired workflow process state, prior to beginning implementation. The system has almost unlimited options, and without having a clear direction from the outset it is easy to get lost in the details.

We implemented Tenrox to better track, identify, and manage our staffing requirements and resource needs; previously most of this was done with guesstimates. We now have greater visibility into project scope, resource utilization, and our staffing needs.

Tenrox review by <span>Tomin K.</span>
Tomin K.

Company uses this tool to log work hours, expenses, and request time off

What do you like best?

I like that Tenrox has the ability to see previous submissions of hours and expenses. It seems like the tool is very robust and extendable to all business needs.

What do you dislike?

Tenrox does not have a mobile app to make expenses and time entry easier. Tenrox is not very user friendly. We need to have a slide deck tutorial for new employees to learn how to use it. I have been using the newest version for over a year now, and I sometimes have to go back and review the instructions to remember how to submit timesheets for the week. The interface is not intuitive or aesthetically pleasing. The gray background is not easy on the eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a tool with a more intutive interface. When you have all your employees funneled into using a tool, it must be well-designed, so that employees can spend more time working, and less time doing administrative tasks with Tenrox.

Organizing timesheet submissions, expense reports, and paid time off requests for a 500+ person company,.

Tenrox review by Administrator
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Tenrox - PSA Features to Meet All Your Requirements

What do you like best?

My organization has been working with Tenrox for 4 years. We have found that the Tenrox cloud application meets all of our global business requirements - including multi-currency, multi-org, and complex billing rules. No matter what business scenario we have needed to manage with the Tenrox software, we have been able to configure the application to meet our needs.

I will also add that Tenrox has a terrific support organization. Working with many different cloud software vendors through the years, the Tenrox team has really impressed me with their responsiveness, product knowledge, and customer service focus.

What do you dislike?

The out of the box reports delivered by Tenrox do not meet the needs of my organization. Tenrox is working to improve their analytics and reporting capabilities but my organization still relies heavily on a part time developer to build and update reports that meet our auditing, billing, time and expense reporting needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organizations looking for a cost effective fully functional PSA solution, should add Tenrox to their short list.

We purchased Tenrox to meet all of our PSA requirements. We implemented the cloud software and easily integrated it to our tier 1 ERP financial software. We use Tenrox for time and expense management, project administration, absence management, billing and invoicing, project P&L reporting, and resource management. We have been able to get rid of all excel spreadsheets that were used for resource scheduling, skills tracking, and contractor payments.

Our organization has realized tremendous benefits in automation. We have also streamlined our billing, invoice and payment processes. We can close our month in a matter of hours vs what used to take several days.

Tenrox review by <span>Micheal G.</span>
Micheal G.

Great service, cheap and very reliable.

What do you like best?

Where do I start? The advantage it has given to my business over the past 2 months is amazing. Instead of manually having to work out payrolls etc, I am now able to quickly and easily automate the process to my liking. I am also able to use it across multiple devices, so I can manage it pretty much where ever I am, at work or at home. Another thing I like is the support, it was very quick, and they replied even quite late at night, when I was trying to get a specific thing working, they were able to quickly and efficiently fix it and I was able to get to get other things done. It is quite fast too, and I have not seen it get in to any error at all, so I would therefore recommend it gracefully, to save anyone the pain.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I truly dislike about this is the fact that it didn't exactly work to my liking at first, and had to numerously contact the support to fix and correct the things that I didnt like, which may I say were fantastic at doing so for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this as it was quite annoying having to manually do this job.

As said, I no longer have to manually do anything involving payroll, but instead I am able to automatically set it up, and it gives me a lot more time to work on other projects, to get an overall greater job done.

Learn more about Tenrox

Tenrox Videos

Learning about Tenrox?

* We monitor all Tenrox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.