Tessitura Software

3.6

TESSITURA SOFTWARE® is a enterprise-wide, fully integrated software system for arts & cultural organizations.

Work for Tessitura Software?

Learning about Tessitura?

Tessitura Software Reviews

Showing 30 Tessitura reviews
Tessitura review by Daniel E.
Daniel E.

"Leader in Arts & Culture CRM"

What do you like best?

Tessitura is the undisputed leader in the non-profit arts & culture space, which means it has a wide variety of user organizations across North America, the UK, and Australia. It's this community of other users that makes the software effective by sharing and creating best practices. It's unlike any other non-profit CRM in that it was developed for ticketing and fundraising together as opposed to separately, and allows for a full constituent picture.

What do you dislike?

The application was built many years ago and the software world has largely moved to the cloud and web-based applications. Due to the initial construction, the interface feels outdated, many newer web-based functions are not available, and the application performance is often slow or buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tessitura is the undisputed leader in this vertical for CRM, but it has trouble keeping up with the latest trends and newest technologies.

Tessitura allows for non-profit organizations to gain a while perspective of their constituents, as opposed to living in a bunch of spreadsheets or Access databases. When fully used, it really enables some amazing business intelligence decision making for organizations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tessitura Software
Tessitura review by Internal Consultant in Performing Arts
Internal Consultant in Performing Arts

"Necessary CRM for arts orgs"

What do you like best?

I love Tessitura's robust array of reports. I love that many parts of the software are customizable. I love that it's tailored to arts orgs, so I can find what I need quickly. I also love that lots of other marketing software brands integrate with Tessitura - like WordFly, Behavior Infuser, Survey Monkey, and more.

What do you dislike?

It took years and years and years for TNEW to get SYOS on mobile, which I find pretty unacceptable. Now that TNEW7 has SYOS on mobile, however, the upgrade process from Tessitura v12.5 to v14.1 has been pretty tough for my org. Given that lots of the orgs using Tessi are small arts shops, I can't imagine this is an easy process for them, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ALWAYS hire a database administrator! We don't have one, and it's hellish to make changes and customize the software.

We love tracking our marketing efforts in Tessitura. Integrating our email software with the CRM has helped us with reporting statistics about email to our board.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Tessitura review by Reanna O.
Reanna O.

"Ticketing and class attendance in one"

What do you like best?

I like that Tessitura is one big database, so that if you've taken dance classes at one cultural institution and purchased tickets to an exhibit at another, all of those transactions are visible when your name is searched.

What do you dislike?

Definitely not the most user-friendly in terms of navigating and user interface. Search function certainly helps, but isn't fail proof by any stretch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for cultural insitutions like museums, dance companies, etc. Anywhere that sells both classes and tickets, or has major donors. With its "Attributes" function, you can denote whether someone should receive a student discount, is an alumni of the institution, or has made a charitable donation in the past.

Definitely good for streamlining the functions of selling tickets and managing educational needs, like accepting tuition payments or taking attendance. So, for a cultural institution that has performances and offers classes, all of those can be transacted within one software.

Tessitura review by User

"Thorough Program for Ticketing"

What do you like best?

It's an extremely detailed database for customer information including payments and payment schedules, ticket history, contributions/donations, customer service issues etc. It is very secure and we are able to keep track of credit card entry safely. It's also highly useful for communicating about issues throughout the organization and makes record-keeping very easy.

What do you dislike?

It has a steep learning curve and takes a while to fully understand (if at all). It definitely is one of the most detailed programs I've ever used in an organization but it's a very good thing.

It's efficient in keeping track of customer information including service issues, donations, purchase history etc. It helps communication flow easily between all departments in the organization so that customer issues are resolved quickly.

Tessitura review by Administrator

"Too expensive for how slow, outdated, and buggy it is"

What do you like best?

I've heard there is no "perfect" ticketing/fundraising CRM out there. So. what I like best is that they tried, I guess?

What do you dislike?

Tessitura struggles to keep up with modern trends. So much so that they insist on including all new functionality (such as Resource Management, Dashboards, Bootstrap online ticketing templates... yeah in 2018 these are what Tessitura considers "modern") with every upgrade to try to meet every single business need in the organization, instead of improving upon, streamlining, and/or debugging existing functionality. The result is an incredibly messy and error-riddled product.

Their support staff is unhelpful at best and hostile at worst. Finding solutions to business questions (can we modify the price of one item in the cart based on the contents of the cart?) often involve the Help team upselling Tessitura Consulting packages to build "custom functionality" that not only costs an arm and a leg, but also is explicitly un-supported during the frequent upgrades, so you may end up paying thousands of dollars for them to build you a customization, then upgrade the system 6 months later and find that that customization no longer works and you're stuck either debugging it yourself or shelling out yet more money for them to fix it for you.

I have been a Tessitura user for 4 years and there has never been a period of peace: we're always weathering some kind of crisis: from online ticketing sales intermittently failing to tables full of data being lost when their Hosted Services handled an upgrade for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a big shop and have the resources to maintain the system in-house, it's probably the best in the market. Just don't use their RAMP hosted service. If you're a mid- to small-size shop, I recommend looking elsewhere.

-Memberships, Fundraising; Ticket Sales, CRM

"Tessitura user"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to be able to keep a lot of information about customers so we can track their many points of contact within the organization, ex. development, purchase of tickets, if they have any needs when they arrive, and being able to pull reports with those kinds of information for a specific date's attendees.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to start up. A big improvement would be if we could look at two orders at the same time - right now we can only open one and sometimes need to move back and forth between two.

Tessitura seems very secure for our customer's information.

User in Performing Arts

"Industry Leading Arts CRM & Ticketing"

What do you like best?

Tessitura allows you to really dig into your data in a way I haven't found in other ticketing/CRM software. I'm able to manipulate live data about constituents and transactions through a wide variety of standard reports, and if that's not enough T-Stats provides a drag and drop way to answer specific questions without requiring SQL knowledge.

What do you dislike?

At times, I have felt like our organization is limited in our ability to fully leverage the software because we don't have in-house customization expertise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend the Tessitura conference. The peer-to-peer community around this software is another extremely valuable aspect of your license.

We are learning more about the multiple ways our patrons engage with us than before. This enables stronger more segmented marketing, and provides real-world data to back up our strategic decision making. Even without them needing a login, we can create dashboards to give key information to executives.

Tessitura should also streamline our accounting since it points directly to our GL codes, setting the stage for direct integration.

"Very Robust"

What do you like best?

One of the best parts of Tessitura the robust reporting functionality. There are tons of useful reports that come canned with the system. You can also get customized reporting to fit your organizations needs to the smallest detail... and the new Tstats are incredible.

What do you dislike?

One of the trickier parts of the system is that with so many options for categorization and detailed designations, it can sometimes take a little trial and error to find exactly what you're looking for. It's great that there are so many possibilities and ways to track and report on sales, but sometimes it can feel a little overwhelming if you don't know exactly where to look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to increase your reporting, delve deep into data analysis, and have a fairly large sized organization that will use this software for both sales and fundraising, this is a fantastic software system.

We've been primarily focusing this year on increasing our average ticket price. We've been able to do a lot with dynamic pricing and as we upgrade finally to the newest version, we'll be able to implement these pricing changes so much easier. We've already seen amazing results through our sales analysis, and we're really looking forward to being able to do it with even more speed and flexibility.

"Good CRM software"

What do you like best?

Serves multiple purposes very well, seating maps are helpful, constituent management is great.

What do you dislike?

Not very compatible with outside products, needs to improve regarding duplicate entries.

Tessitura offers great customization for constituent management. I mostly use it for managing constituents and for ticketing purposes. It does both of these tasks well. While there are occasional issues (freezes, difficulty logging in or starting up, finicky problems regarding specific ticketing problems), it is overall a helpful tool and serves the purposes that we need it for in an efficient and user-friendly way.

Administrator in Performing Arts

"Best Ticketing Software around!"

What do you like best?

Tessitura has everything. I really appreciate that the Developers constantly listen to their customers and update the program to our needs each year. They ask for feedback, and often will input new features from patron feedback!

What do you dislike?

I wish there wasn't so many things that require customization. Being a smaller organization, we can't always afford the consultant time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! This is the best ticketing software for Performing Arts Center and Nonprofit organizations.

Tessitura meets all of our current needs, and helps us to accomplish new goals such as memberships, online customization without extra fees, etc

"Tessitura Love"

What do you like best?

Tessitura is easy to navigate and customize for the needs of your organization. Once you understand how to use the reports feature you can create brilliant reports. Tessitura also makes Constituent management a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The reporting functions are great but can be a little difficult to figure out. Sometimes it feels as if there are too many clicks to get through one procedure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Tessitura website is an EXCELLENT resource for discovering Tessitura full potential and how you can customize it to meet the needs of your organization. It also is a great resource when you begin to implement Tessitura into your organization.

Tessitura has worked wonders in cleaning as well as maintaining our Constituent Records which was a huge problem. We also worked with Tessitura to create a custom field that integrated two different programs into to one.

"I Love Tessitura"

What do you like best?

Tessitura is the most intuitive performance software out there! I’ve used others and this is by far the most straightforward program I’ve come across.

What do you dislike?

Not much. A lot is over my head but that's why I have an IT dept as well as the Tessitura group chats to groupchat some help. (I guess that could count as a like best, too!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You'll be glad you did. It flows with you.

Doesn’t really work that way. Benefits: better, more streamlined service.

Tessitura review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Tessitura can help your Performance Venues"

What do you like best?

Being cable create a controlled ticketing a Admission. Being able to do subscripton and Memberships renewals. Doing tickets on mobile devices. Making Fund raising and marketing easier for staff. Great way to keep client history. Good Dashboards and visualizations for sales, memberships and other areas.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could customize it more for our company. Cost of some of upgrades and timing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research,demo and ask many questions to make sure it a good fit for you.

Easy way to keep track of our donors and fund raising. Has helped us save money and raise money. Reporting features are great and allow us to track families and better target our goals.

Administrator in Performing Arts

"My experience with Tess is 60% positive."

What do you like best?

If your data is clean and you have someone on staff working on the database full time, it is a really effective tool to use. It really has a place for every piece of information you could ever want in a person's record.

What do you dislike?

The overall look of it is awful. It is not remotely intuitive. Also, there's some days where it feels like there are too many features on it and none of them are relevant to your company. I worked with one company during their Tess conversion from RE and I still have PTSD from that experience. Moving to a company that already has a cleaned system that they know inside and out made me appreciate the platform a lot more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient when learning it and use extractions instead of list manager!

I use it primarily for donor relations and fundraising. Extractions are great for pulling very specific data.

Tessitura review by David D.
David D.

"Expansive Database; Slow Interface"

What do you like best?

Tessitura is a great way to track our patron's ticket purchases, donation history, and other relationships. The ability to build reports and lists to track various trends and information makes segmentation and tracking fairly easy once you have learned what to do.

What do you dislike?

The interface is incredibly slow and makes me feel like I am using Windows 95. It also has a tendency to crash when exporting larger amounts of data, or can take a very long time to process. There is a somewhat steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great database, but it can be a little slow and frustrating at times.

A way to consolidate patron/donor history and constituencies in an easily accessible database.

Administrator in Performing Arts

"My life at work revolves around Tessitura"

What do you like best?

This is so hard to say. As much as I like the software and database I think I like the Tessi community more.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming at times. It's nice to have the community to rely on for help and guidance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a look. It is incredibly powerful and the staff at Tessitura, as well as the rest of the community, are great to work with.

Again, there's so much...We're implementing a new website that uses more of the capabilities of the API than our previous website including implementing the REST API as much as possible.

User in Performing Arts

"Tessitura for Museum Professionals"

What do you like best?

The seemingly customized pieces make it perfect for any ticketing or development department. In group sales we really could use the out of the box format to set up our order process and not interfere with other areas.

What do you dislike?

We are not crazy with how tessitura deals with reporting on group type. This adds extra work and isnt the best. Our stats program also should report on fees and this does not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

really do your research on the transition and make sure your accounts will look the right way.

we originally used ticketmaster and this was the worst.

Tessitura review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Useful, but glitchy "

What do you like best?

Learning tessitura took time and energy—which nonprofit arts organizations should schedule into onboarding new employees, so that they don't have to learn on the fly—but it was ultimately helpful for tracking our donors' attendance, their gifts, and processes for soliciting support from individuals and foundations. Its database capabilities were particularly helpful.

What do you dislike?

Tessitura isn't intuitive; it takes time to get the hang of it, which can be frustrating, and it has its own lingo that doesn't translate over into other programs with similar functionality.

It's great for tracking details about gifts with more flexibility than Salesforce, and generating reports.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I like that Tessitura provides the opportunity to send campaigns to several contacts, organized by type of subscribers.

What do you dislike?

While it offers several services, learning the program and its services takes time. It is difficult to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program, if you're willing to put the time into understanding it. The software offers a training program, which is very useful.

Tessitura gives the opportunity to send campaigns to subscribers in an organized fashion, which is a great benefit.

Tessitura review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A rocky transition has turned into a great resource"

What do you like best?

I love that you can utilize Tessitura for moves management in an easy, streamlined way through Plans.

What do you dislike?

The transition from Raisers Edge to Tessitura as VERY frustrating. We spent months mapping everything, and nothing seemed to move into Tessitura where we were told it would. More clean up than was expected has been necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a fully integrated database, it can be helpful. But the transition period will take longer than expected.

Better utilizing our data for moves management and prospecting.

User in Performing Arts

"Good arts management database"

What do you like best?

The connection between the box office and development fields is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a disconnect between data input and data output.

Keeping track of patrons who attend and/or give and being able to communicate through both mail and electronic avenues with tracking.

Tessitura review by User in Music
User in Music

"Tessitura"

What do you like best?

It is very robust. It does so much. I am very satisfied with the reports.

What do you dislike?

Because it does so much, sometimes it is hard to find what you need. The help box isn't always that helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support for Tessitura isn't great.

The reporting in Tessitura is great.

User in Performing Arts

"Tessitura - The Arts Non-Profit Necessity"

What do you like best?

You can do everything in one system from sales to donor management. Everything can be tracked in one program!

What do you dislike?

At first it is overwhelming and complicated to use but gets easier.

Sales, reports, donor management, and fundraising campaigns. A patrons information and history from ticket sales to donations can be tracked all in one program which makes it easy to report and strategically plan. The data is more cohesive and leaves room for minimal error.

Tessitura review by User

"Good at handling many different tasks"

What do you like best?

There are multiple solutions to any one problem. If one person does something one way, another person can find a solution they are more comfortable with.

What do you dislike?

When you want to open a new task/window, you have to exit out of everything you are currently doing. It doesn't let you save an order before canceling.

Clear seating maps, charts for finances

Tessitura review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"User for 3 years"

What do you like best?

I like best the functionality and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

The households feature. It makes it very difficult to separate accounts and it sometimes causes issues with season rollovers.

We have been able to connect tickets with donor giving better.

Tessitura review by User

"Glitchy but good concept "

What do you like best?

I like how constituent records are tracked in all aspects and interactions

What do you dislike?

The user interface and the glitchiness. The application crashes often.

Tessitura solves the problem of seeing all interactions with a customer in one record or platform; from ticket sales to research to promotional items.

Tessitura review by Administrator in Museums and Institutions
Administrator in Museums and Institutions

"Tessitura"

What do you like best?

Reporting capabilities and ability to conduct surveys.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly/too many steps per transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was created by The Metropolitan Opera to serve as their ticketing software. I think this product better suits the realm of performing arts rather than fine arts.

It's frustrating to use for the front line staff, but the reporting capabilities are proving useful for upper-level staff.

Tessitura review by User in Military
User in Military

"Wonderful Software"

What do you like best?

The ability it makes purchases quicker. Support is quick to get things done

What do you dislike?

Could use specific feature to help make lists more accurate

This program makes it easier on us when purchasing tickets for guests

Tessitura review by Administrator

"Easy to use but sometimes slow"

What do you like best?

It’s a fairly easy program to use and get use to

What do you dislike?

There are times where the customs tab becomes really slow and won’t load at all

Selling tickets is easy

Tessitura review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for Arts organizations"

What do you like best?

Ability to keep and track all appeals and funds effectively

What do you dislike?

Difficult to pull reports and decipher some historical information.

fundraising across mulitple organizations

Learning about Tessitura Software?

* We monitor all Tessitura Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.