TestLink

Showing 13 TestLink reviews
TestLink review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

Awesome test tracking tool

What do you like best?

Testlink is one of the best and usefull test tracking tools, that I have ever come across

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about testlink, most of the features it currently has is very usefull

Recommendations to others considering the product

I completely agree testlink is one of the best test tracking tool, which is advanced yet easy to use. I would recommend any new tester to use this tool, which helps them a lot in day to day testing activities. Even for managers its easy to track based on project or individual. Also we can add numerous test cases, add them or delete them or even modify them. Also we can move the test cases from one project to another within the tool. Also nobody needs expertise in using this tool. Anybody with basic knowledge can start using the tool on their own without anybody's support or help. Also it gives the percentile coverage per individual or project which is very essential for any manager to track the activities.and plan ahead for the software release. Overall a very usefull tool

Testlink is one of the best test tracking tools that most of the companies are using. Its easy to create projects, add test cases, assign them to test engineers and track the test execution based on individual or project. Its so easy to maintain and track the progress in a single tool (testlink)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TestLink
TestLink review by <span>Radoslaw R.</span>
Radoslaw R.

Good enough for most tasks

What do you like best?

1. It's complexity and customizability. Remembering, this is a freeware, it give plenty of opportunities to adjust to the requirements.

2. It's free

3. Integration with bug tracking systems - JIRA, TFS

4. Support - short respond time on issues, transparent Mantis bug tracking. Kudos for them!

I've worked with TestLink in couple of companies, running projects of various size and scope - it always proved to be product good enough to cover most of test management requirements.

What do you dislike?

1. For the first time use, and long after, it's not too intuitive in use

2. No option to link requirements with external systems (like JIRA)

3. No PDFed reports (also customizing reports could be extended)

4. I never liked the idea of Builds fixed to Test Plans - maintenance and reporting gets tricky with that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with it - eventually it's free. If after some time you realize it's not good enough, migrate. TestLink is one of the best freeware test management tools, it would also help you to identify your needs in terms of this kind of software.

Good for start with storing test cases and iteratively build tests suite. It's much better than spreadsheets, as gives a general idea of how tests can be professionally managed.

More useful in smaller projects, a bit tricky to maintain when project grows up in features and resources.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

TestLink review by <span>Clotilde S.</span>
Clotilde S.

A very usefull test campaign manager

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, everyone can use it with a few training

What do you dislike?

The design and ergonomy is old school, not very attactive. It can be frightening for some people

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to conigure it right on the begining in order to have good reports and statitics

Use the csv upload of cases > it is very usefull and time saving !

It ensures to have a good test campaign with reports and statistics

TestLink review by <span>Alberto S.</span>
Alberto S.

Not good

What do you like best?

Custom fields, Requirements and automatic testcase generation.

What do you dislike?

I'm waiting response about testlink's forum registration..I sent request 5 day ago...

New custom fields not available on existings test cases.

Why not ask users about action to do on existing testcase and, if it's required, a default value to set new field for existing testcases?)

No "regression test" management.

Mandatory test assigment to tester: no roundrobin about executing test.

No user (tester..) groups.

No mode to ensure only one test excecution.

No information about how link testcase vs ticket on BST.

Maybe I can to it only in test execution, I don't found anything about "...this testcase is related with these tickets on BTS..."

No clear information about what I can do on my BTS via testlink integration and viceversa..

None, at this moment. I'm in evalutation.

TestLink review by <span>ArJuN A.</span>
ArJuN A.

Best open source Test Management tool ever seen

What do you like best?

I am using TestLink 1.9.5.. its simply superb... we have customized it according to our requirements. Its working very good....its very easy to use...Since its open source tool we can customize it like anything.... I just love this tool. We use it in our company, and have done for a number of years. The out of the box customization is superb, and we have only minorly edited the configuration at all - we have a custom status of "not applicable" as a number of our tests only run on certain platforms. The instructions for doing this are included in the custom config examples and are easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Very poor support for Administration of attributes. This product needs lots of work in order to provide the data management support. It made not for a large amount of tests; some repeated looping and pure database design slows down test loading and saving for execution statuses. If you have more than 2000 tests per project, this tool is not for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TestLink is now the official Test Management Tool used in my company (I suggested it one year ago): I think that simply it has all needs to manage tests in the right way.

After 1 year incubating TestLink, we finally implemented it in our QA team (mostly, finding a way to organize our activities now with TestLink) Greatly help QA members to organize testing activities by centralizing of: Criteria, Test evidence and even, monitoring testers activity. Successfully managing 3,000+ test cases by now each with notes, attachments, linked to Bugzilla reported issues etc.

TestLink review by User

Useful tool, but ....

What do you like best?

Its a very useful tool for beginning in the field of QA. You can import a lot of stuff into Testlink. You can even link your JIRA bugs to a special test case.

What do you dislike?

It was kind of a tedious and time consuming task to work on TestLink. Add to this, it was very slow to navigate the entire software. This was couple of years back, so I am not sure if this slowness still exists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not the best in the marker as far as I heard, but will definitely do your job. Expect it to be slow.

Software QA, linking JIRA bugs to test cases, organizing projects and different releases of a software.

Learning about TestLink?

* We monitor all TestLink reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.