TestLink

Ask TestLink a Question
Showing 13 TestLink reviews
TestLink review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Awesome test tracking tool"

What do you like best?

Testlink is one of the best and usefull test tracking tools, that I have ever come across

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about testlink, most of the features it currently has is very usefull

Recommendations to others considering the product

I completely agree testlink is one of the best test tracking tool, which is advanced yet easy to use. I would recommend any new tester to use this tool, which helps them a lot in day to day testing activities. Even for managers its easy to track based on project or individual. Also we can add numerous test cases, add them or delete them or even modify them. Also we can move the test cases from one project to another within the tool. Also nobody needs expertise in using this tool. Anybody with basic knowledge can start using the tool on their own without anybody's support or help. Also it gives the percentile coverage per individual or project which is very essential for any manager to track the activities.and plan ahead for the software release. Overall a very usefull tool

Testlink is one of the best test tracking tools that most of the companies are using. Its easy to create projects, add test cases, assign them to test engineers and track the test execution based on individual or project. Its so easy to maintain and track the progress in a single tool (testlink)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TestLink
TestLink review by Radoslaw R.
Radoslaw R.

"Good enough for most tasks"

What do you like best?

1. It's complexity and customizability. Remembering, this is a freeware, it give plenty of opportunities to adjust to the requirements.

2. It's free

3. Integration with bug tracking systems - JIRA, TFS

4. Support - short respond time on issues, transparent Mantis bug tracking. Kudos for them!

I've worked with TestLink in couple of companies, running projects of various size and scope - it always proved to be product good enough to cover most of test management requirements.

What do you dislike?

1. For the first time use, and long after, it's not too intuitive in use

2. No option to link requirements with external systems (like JIRA)

3. No PDFed reports (also customizing reports could be extended)

4. I never liked the idea of Builds fixed to Test Plans - maintenance and reporting gets tricky with that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with it - eventually it's free. If after some time you realize it's not good enough, migrate. TestLink is one of the best freeware test management tools, it would also help you to identify your needs in terms of this kind of software.

Good for start with storing test cases and iteratively build tests suite. It's much better than spreadsheets, as gives a general idea of how tests can be professionally managed.

More useful in smaller projects, a bit tricky to maintain when project grows up in features and resources.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

TestLink review by Clotilde S.
Clotilde S.

"A very usefull test campaign manager"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, everyone can use it with a few training

What do you dislike?

The design and ergonomy is old school, not very attactive. It can be frightening for some people

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to conigure it right on the begining in order to have good reports and statitics

Use the csv upload of cases > it is very usefull and time saving !

It ensures to have a good test campaign with reports and statistics

TestLink review by Alberto S.
Alberto S.

"Not good"

What do you like best?

Custom fields, Requirements and automatic testcase generation.

What do you dislike?

I'm waiting response about testlink's forum registration..I sent request 5 day ago...

New custom fields not available on existings test cases.

Why not ask users about action to do on existing testcase and, if it's required, a default value to set new field for existing testcases?)

No "regression test" management.

Mandatory test assigment to tester: no roundrobin about executing test.

No user (tester..) groups.

No mode to ensure only one test excecution.

No information about how link testcase vs ticket on BST.

Maybe I can to it only in test execution, I don't found anything about "...this testcase is related with these tickets on BTS..."

No clear information about what I can do on my BTS via testlink integration and viceversa..

None, at this moment. I'm in evalutation.

TestLink review by ArJuN A.
ArJuN A.

"Best open source Test Management tool ever seen"

What do you like best?

I am using TestLink 1.9.5.. its simply superb... we have customized it according to our requirements. Its working very good....its very easy to use...Since its open source tool we can customize it like anything.... I just love this tool. We use it in our company, and have done for a number of years. The out of the box customization is superb, and we have only minorly edited the configuration at all - we have a custom status of "not applicable" as a number of our tests only run on certain platforms. The instructions for doing this are included in the custom config examples and are easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Very poor support for Administration of attributes. This product needs lots of work in order to provide the data management support. It made not for a large amount of tests; some repeated looping and pure database design slows down test loading and saving for execution statuses. If you have more than 2000 tests per project, this tool is not for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TestLink is now the official Test Management Tool used in my company (I suggested it one year ago): I think that simply it has all needs to manage tests in the right way.

After 1 year incubating TestLink, we finally implemented it in our QA team (mostly, finding a way to organize our activities now with TestLink) Greatly help QA members to organize testing activities by centralizing of: Criteria, Test evidence and even, monitoring testers activity. Successfully managing 3,000+ test cases by now each with notes, attachments, linked to Bugzilla reported issues etc.

TestLink review by User

"Useful tool, but ...."

What do you like best?

Its a very useful tool for beginning in the field of QA. You can import a lot of stuff into Testlink. You can even link your JIRA bugs to a special test case.

What do you dislike?

It was kind of a tedious and time consuming task to work on TestLink. Add to this, it was very slow to navigate the entire software. This was couple of years back, so I am not sure if this slowness still exists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not the best in the marker as far as I heard, but will definitely do your job. Expect it to be slow.

Software QA, linking JIRA bugs to test cases, organizing projects and different releases of a software.

TestLink review by Miroslav K.
Miroslav K.

"I used testlink for small internal project and was quite satisfied with its functionality."

What do you like best?

We decided to use testlink because it was for free and we liked its UI. It was quite simple to use for users and our QA didn't experienced any problem with it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I experienced problem with server communication and it leaded to error and I lost all the data I had created.

I would appreciate better connection between testlink and our BTS (Mantis) like to send data between these two systems like that the bug has been closed or the testcase has been set as failed. At the time we used it it wasn't possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool for controling your testcases and is easy for testers to use it

The main benefit of using Testlink was good idea about current state of our "test release", if we are prepared to set that release as the stable one or if we have to fix some critical issues and recreate the package.

TestLink review by Yegor S.
Yegor S.

"Optimal solution!"

What do you like best?

For me, TestLink is a great test management system; I’ve used it in a small busines as a task management tool. The companies where I used to work tended to each have different test management systems…for example, Mailru Group used TestLink for smaller projects like mobile apps and so on. At Moka5 Inc. we used TestLink as well, and I can say that this was one of the most convenient platforms for test management that I know of.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have great mobile solution for TestLink, also it would be great create integration with Slack, GitHub, Pivotal Tracker etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest TestLink as an optimal and open source solution for this kind of thing in a small and big companies.

Benefits:

- Formatted Structure of testcases

- Communication between team members

- Great UI/UX

- Avoid dublication of scenarios

- Convinient way to create test suites

TestLink review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Open Source Test management tool"

What do you like best?

Its feature rich has all important features required by a QA manager from Tracking requirements to mapping test cases with requirements, build execution tracking every release and its reports

What do you dislike?

Nothing as a open source it serves the purpose very well

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend people to give it a try before going for any paid tool

Test case management, Test coverage

TestLink review by User in Information Technology and Services

"3plus Years Experience in software testing"

What do you like best?

Need to Deliver the software with 90% Quality.

What do you dislike?

Need to give enough time for testing the project or prdouct

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i will refer this tool to other person or company since it is open source tool and easy to use

Avoiding the spread sheet work for maintaining the testing process. Easily able to track the process of testing after using this tool

TestLink review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

"I use testlink on daily basis"

What do you like best?

Number of features. I very link issue tracker integration and REST API.

What do you dislike?

GUI is a little bit older, and sometimes there are issues with IE 11

Testing of transportation web based systems.

Better collaboration, great reports.

TestLink review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Very useful"

What do you like best?

We are managing our test suites using testlink. Testlink has great options to combine the most of the test procedure.That is what I like the most.

What do you dislike?

Lack of debugging when releasing.

Ex: New release has no option to edit previous test versions. It gives us issues when recording issues related to each version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More debugging before releases

Test management

TestLink review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome tool for test management"

What do you like best?

Open source and ease of use. We can get all the help from forum

What do you dislike?

Load balancing and graphs are not good enough to understand

Cost cutting for the company and it meets all the features of commercial tools

Learning about TestLink?

* We monitor all TestLink reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.