- project customizable. Meaning if we have 20 project, and not for all of them we need to use TestRail we can Test Rail only for the ones we need to. Paying for the number we are actually using, what I cannot say about other QA management tools.
- UI: very intuitive and easy to digest. I did not have to watch tutorials how to use the tool, everything was clear without that.
- JIRA integration!!! We are doing scrum in our company, so QA are writing documentation upon user stories. You can ope user story and see what test cases are applicable to this user story and test results.
- ability to log bug right from the test rail. NO need to open JIRA for that.
- ability to see the current status of the JIra ticket.
- easiness of creating test cases, test runs, maintenance of them.
- wide variety of options to customize your testing documentation and reports. Columns, descriptions of them, titles. length, filtering - everything you can change and adjust to your needs.
- very responsive and problem solving oriented customer service. Reply the same day, and don't drop you off until th
We did not have any test management tool before at all, only have been using Excel sheets. Due to the security problems we were not able to share it via google spreadsheets. So we did lack the synchronizing of testing procedure, especially between offshore teams.
We have tried Zephyr, Tarantula and test rail free trials and decided that test Rail works the best for ourcompany.