TestRail

TestRail helps you manage and track your software testing efforts and organize your QA department. Its intuitive web-based user interface makes it easy to create test cases, manage test runs and coordinate your entire testing process.

Work for TestRail?
Rainforest qa  software testing  2x

Learning about TestRail?

TestRail Reviews

Ask TestRail a Question
Showing 35 TestRail reviews
TestRail review by <span>Richard B.</span>
Richard B.

Excellent Test Management Tool.

What do you like best?

This product is very intuitive and easy to use. The things that I like the most are the ability to maintain history and versions of the test cases. The system maintains a comprehensive history so you can go back a review previous test runs. Additionally, there is excellent version control, so when you change your test cases, you can see the version of the test case that was used for a particular test run.

What do you dislike?

The product works well as a standalone product. However, it does not integrate with HP's LoadRunner or UFT products. You can import results from those products, but you cannot integrate them directly with the application. Because our company is moving towards automated regression testing, it will be necessary for Test Rail to improve their integration with 3rd part automation tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. They offer a good trial period with no restrictions. The product is constantly being updated and improved.

TestRail provides us with a comprehensive test management tool for tracking our manual regression testing. The team has a central application to work in. The reporting and dashboards are much more convenient that having to use excel spreadsheets and keeping track of testing metrics by hand.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TestRail
TestRail review by User in Computer Software

Great Test Case Management Tool

What do you like best?

It is really easy to create test cases and organize them effortlessly. Their visual data representation is also great. TestRails is easier to set up for manual testing but is ok for automation as well, We are currently using ruby for our automation.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like about TestRails. I guess its a little hard to have external people check out test cases and results. But that is easily remedied by creating a guest log in. Its a little harder to set up for automation as well, but there are some plug ins that seem to work ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TestRails is super easy to set up and great for fast test case creation, review and execution.

Test Case creation, organization and execution. TestRails is a quick solution to rapid test case creation and overall organization of test structure. It also works great for having several sprint teams who all need their own test cases.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

TestRail review by <span>Mariya S.</span>
Mariya S.

TestRail Review

What do you like best?

It's a great tool to keep track of test cases, who created them, who modified. Great for keeping track what step passed and what failed. Making sure everything is recorded for future reference.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the when creating a test case it doesn't get saved automatically, just in case the browser crashes, or even test rail crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would recommend, great to keep track of test-cases. Past History of individual test cases.

I am having issues with it, I am not sure what is causing it BUT its might be related to use of special characters OR long test case (currently 107 steps) OR with a long test case the history gets to large, a lot of updates (all updates are saved in the history)

So the issue is happening when you either edit the test case and it messes the format/ bunch of errors <--every time new once / Impossible to save edited changes

OR when I view the history, it doesn't display right <-- format messed up, errors all over

I had to work on that specific test case edit it a lot due to changes, update, view history. Similar issue has occurred in other cases as well.

Browsers: Chrome, IE , FireFox

email me at masha.syera@gmail.com if you need screenshpts

TestRail review by <span>Imran H.</span>
Imran H.

great for test case management for large teams

What do you like best?

TestRail provides fine grained access control which allows to edit pre-installed roles, add custom roles and combine users into groups. Each role allows to set permissions for configurations, milestones, test-cases, attachments, test runs, test-results and reports

Pros

Automatic updates

as soon as they're available

Unlimited support

High-performance

systems tuned for TestRail

Elastic licensing

to grow and shrink ad-hoc

Automatic backups

handled for us

Export re-usable database files at any time

Migrate to a self-hosted instance at any time

High availability

, won't break if the VPN does

What do you dislike?

how does it integrate with JIRA?

i dont like the pure simple css and also the fact the graphs are outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

please use its evaluation before heading out buying it . it has lot of intricacies involved so check with your agile system whatever you are using prior to buying this from gurock.

Usage tips & tricks

TestRail contains many useful features and tricks for power users.

One page element you can find on most pages in TestRail's user interface is the toolbar. The toolbar provides useful functionality and options for the current page. For example, importing and exporting test cases is done through the toolbar on a test suite page. Other useful things you can do from the toolbar include printing reports or jumping to related pages.

You can integrate TestRail with issue and bug trackers as well as requirement management tools. TestRail offers several integration points and can be configured to push and lookup issues directly from TestRail's user interface and much mor

a lot of manual testing and regression for qe team is accessified now.

TestRail review by <span>Anastasia S.</span>
Anastasia S.

Very intuitive, UI appealing, customizable.

What do you like best?

- project customizable. Meaning if we have 20 project, and not for all of them we need to use TestRail we can Test Rail only for the ones we need to. Paying for the number we are actually using, what I cannot say about other QA management tools.

- UI: very intuitive and easy to digest. I did not have to watch tutorials how to use the tool, everything was clear without that.

- JIRA integration!!! We are doing scrum in our company, so QA are writing documentation upon user stories. You can ope user story and see what test cases are applicable to this user story and test results.

- ability to log bug right from the test rail. NO need to open JIRA for that.

- ability to see the current status of the JIra ticket.

- easiness of creating test cases, test runs, maintenance of them.

- wide variety of options to customize your testing documentation and reports. Columns, descriptions of them, titles. length, filtering - everything you can change and adjust to your needs.

- very responsive and problem solving oriented customer service. Reply the same day, and don't drop you off until th

What do you dislike?

- Dislike the length of the text field for the test cases on the Dashboard. For some of the projects (banking or medical) test cases can be really long. But with the new feature - to have test case open in side view I guess this problem will not as bad anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to play around with reports options to figure out which one works the best for you.

We did not have any test management tool before at all, only have been using Excel sheets. Due to the security problems we were not able to share it via google spreadsheets. So we did lack the synchronizing of testing procedure, especially between offshore teams.

We have tried Zephyr, Tarantula and test rail free trials and decided that test Rail works the best for ourcompany.

TestRail review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

Testrail review

What do you like best?

This is a web based application that can be easily accessible online from any device. This application provides many predefined quality metrics that can be used for my statistics reports. It allows to customize dashboard and all attributes: test cases, test runs, test reports.

What do you dislike?

I would like to store my test cases in the way I want, but TestRail only store them in Test suite structure. Also Project customizing page is not user friendly. It took me a while to figure out hos to add my own test case template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this application.

I am storing all test cases in the TestRail and control execution of the test runs. I can plan accordingly and deliver the milestone on schedule. Also I am creating multiple custom quality reports to be able to release a good quality product to customers.

Learning about TestRail?

* We monitor all TestRail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.