TeuxDeux

If you like making to-do lists, you will love TeuxDeux.

Work for TeuxDeux?

Learning about TeuxDeux?

TeuxDeux Reviews

Ask TeuxDeux a Question
Showing 13 TeuxDeux reviews
TeuxDeux review by Anthony R.
Anthony R.

"Date based To-Do Manager, TEUX DEUX is easy and attractive"

What do you like best?

Lists without context are difficult to work. David Allen's groundbreaking productivity book GETTING THINGS DONE taught us that. Context is what makes the difference, whether it's by project or context or some other way to put "hard edges" around a list. In other words, what you DON'T want to do is comingle these things. It yanks you mentally out of context if you have items for the workplace mixed with stuff like, "clean the garage." TEUXDEUX gives you a visual way to see your tasks separated in this manner. The TOP region organizes actions according to DATE, like a weekly calendar. The BOTTOM region is the staging area, where you can create an unlimited number of these distinct lists, arranged visually as separate columns. You can have one for Work, one for Errands, or whatever you want to name them. Best of all, it's spartan and attractive and easy to use. Try it for yourself and see how you like it!

What do you dislike?

For those of us who are accustomed to the calendar flexibility of Outlook or Google Calendar, the week at a glance may feel stifling. However, this constraint can be its power because it sets a finite number of things before us, at least finite in what we can view at a given time. So, beautiful as the interface is, you have to embrace its constraints, as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TO DO managers are a fussy thing - you have to find one that "fits". Very much a Goldilocks experience because the functionality might be right, but the look and feel may not work for you, or some other sticking point. It's important to "date" many such apps before diving in. TEUX DEUX has a free trial, so give it a whirl!

The problem of finding a system that WORKS for me personally is always the challenge. I've found that this one works well for me with its GTD (Getting Things Done) compatible system of listing actions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TeuxDeux
TeuxDeux review by Keshia B.
Keshia B.

"Organizes my life"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use format! I use TeuxDeux (To Do) for school, work, and other random tasks. I have the app on my phone and when I meet someone and I plan to provide something to them, I set a task for myself. If I don't complete the task that day, I have move it to another day. LOVE IT!!!!

When you complete a task on a computer, a cat dances across the screen. This is oddly satisfying seeing a completed task.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could choose which image would dance across your screen-very small request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is amazing. I love the fact that this tool has helped me tremendously!

It helps organize my work tasks.

What Task Management solution do you use?

TeuxDeux review by Sissy Y.
Sissy Y.

"Minimal, beautiful and easy--just how I like it!"

What do you like best?

The design and simplicity! This app was created by designers and it's apparent and lovely! Most to do apps are cluttered and hard on the eyes. This one is also extremely simple but effective. I love that it has a to do section for every day of the week as well as ones that you can create as you wish. I literally have a to do list for everything, some aren't exactly things I need to do but rather just lists of things such as my groceries, things I've lent to friends and home projects. Another great feature about these lists (at least the ones that you create on your own) is how you can cross it off and it won't disappear but just sit there until u uncross it--you can of course delete it if you want as well! But this is helpful for stuff like grocery lists since you usually buy a lot of the same things! They also have a recurring to do's feature, which I have yet to use but I think it's cool. Another cool thing is their stats!! It shows you how many things you've done in a month, your best hour, month, day, etc! Prett-y neat :)

What do you dislike?

I wish I could change the font to my own liking, like if they had Google fonts attached to this, as well as my own custom color theme with color codes--since you can still choose your own color now but it's just with a color picker eyedropper tool. Another thing I wish is that I could move my "to do boards" more easily. The layout could be better but I don't mind it that much, as this is my second year using this app and I intend on remaining to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial before you decide to commit and try out some other apps. Sometimes this level of simplicity just isn't for everyone! But if you're a designer or lover of aesthetics, this is by far one of the easiest of the eyes!

Getting things done in an orderly manner! It's nice that the to do will carry over into the next day if you havent crossed it off -- just in case you might've forgotten about it. Also the ability to prioritize your tasks has been helpful.

TeuxDeux review by Luke L.
Luke L.

"Clean and Simple Calendar application"

What do you like best?

The best part of TeuxDeux is the minimalistic approach it takes for a personal calendar. It has columns for each day of the week, but also customizable sections for customizable time frames that can be added as needed.

Supports markdown for text styling

Hyperlinks can be added in each item

Handy keyboard shortcuts.

Over all, this is a simple, no frills calendar that only attempts to be just that.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've found that I dislike is the lack of service integration. This can be a double-edged sword because it may make the calendar cluttered, but it would be nice to have the option to import from other services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you don't need integration from other tools- it doesn't have a service sync option for event imports.

I needed a simple, good-looking calendar for my computer and my phone and this fits both of those needs very well.

TeuxDeux review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Simple, high-level view of your upcoming tasks"

What do you like best?

TeuxDeux does not overcomplicate things. It's a very simple task list manager that gives you a view of your upcoming week of to-dos and a few lists of "Someday" items. It's lightweight, quick to navigate, and easy to read. There are tons of task managers out there, but so many of them add clutter that is not needed for actually keeping track of tasks. TeuxDeux is as simple as having a paper checklist on your desk, but it's on the web and stays in sync across devices.

What do you dislike?

TeuxDeux's features are very simple, which will be a turn-off for some people. It's not for everyone. Personally, I enjoy the clean and uncomplicated nature of it, but it could use the ability to expand a to-do item and add notes.

Also, TeuxDeux's companion iPhone app has not yet been updated for larger iPhone screen resolutions, which is somewhat disappointing. The app still functions as it should, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TeuxDeux is not feature-rich, and it doesn't feature API, integrations, and other things you might need. But if you're mostly interested in a simple, clean, syncing task list and nothing else, I haven't found anything more straightforward.

I've tried dozens of task managers, and I often get lost in the weeds of features, buttons, and fiddly knobs. TeuxDeux is so simple that it doesn't allow you to get lost in those things. It keeps your tasks at the forefront, and it's helped me stay focused on doing the actual work rather than managing my system.

TeuxDeux review by Sebastian D.
Sebastian D.

"TeuxDeux was designed teux deux one thing very well."

What do you like best?

Excellent visual design, clean and intuitive interface, high usability, elegant fonts, very nice calendar view, funny FAQ, great customer service.

What do you dislike?

No option to add reminders or deadlines, very limited customization, no Android app, no collaboration, rather pricey. Oh, and the markdown for adding links that I keep forgetting - was it round braces for the text and square for the link or the other way round?

Recommendations to others considering the product

For about $3 a month you get a rather basic, but very well designed application for creating and maintaining (to do) lists. You should keep in mind that it was built with this (and only this) purpose in mind. There are no collaboration mechanisms, no deadlines, no social integration. It is basically a well designed online notepad to store your tasks, plans, ideas (dreams, aspirations, ambitions, desires, longings - why does G2 consider word count to be a valid evaluation metric of a review?).

Oh, and there is only an iOS app, although mobile web browsers deal with the web version quite well.

TeuxDeux is an excellent choice for people who want an app for creating (to-do) lists. It does one thing but does it extremely well. I use it every day. Adding and removing tasks is a breeze, and so is creating additional lists. I use TeuxDeux not only for my weekly to-dos, but also for lists of books, interesting links and articles, ideas, plans etc. I know that there are dedicated apps for that, but having everything in one place appeals to me. It's like a digital organiser.

TeuxDeux review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="760d0d1a-c704-45ce-bbb1-a1bbc9fee08c">Monica S.</span>
Monica S.
" itemprop="name" />

"Tuex Duex is an organization to do task list. "

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to use. Nothing complicated.

What do you dislike?

nothing to complain about. It is just what I needed. Maybe make it a free app instead of a monthly subscription.

I have all of my tasks and things to do in one place. It's clearly listed for each day and I can cross off my list as I go.

TeuxDeux review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Finally! An easy way to view what's due!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the simplicity of TeuxDeux. No advanced options or configurations. Just simple calendar based to-do lists.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a few integrations to be able to add tasks from outside sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to simply manage tasks and due dates without all of the extra distractions, TeuxDeux is the app for you.

I'm now able to quickly see what I need to work on today or what's coming up in the future.

TeuxDeux review by Abby S.
Abby S.

"A fun, mostly easy to use to-do list"

What do you like best?

The Flying Cat, of course. Also, having a project view and daily view, and ability to drag tasks between the two.

What do you dislike?

Recurring tasks are very cumbersome and difficult to reassign to different days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enjoy the flying cat.

Managing people while running strategic tasks across multiple months and continuing to manage the day to day work of the team. The Project View is essential to this.

TeuxDeux review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"TeuxDeux review"

What do you like best?

Love the simple interface, modern design, and ease of use. Very intuitive and streamlines user experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have different categories within a list - but at the same time I appreciate the minimalist design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must, if you need help with productivity and staying on top of personal tasks.

Keeps me on top of tasks and reminds me what I have coming up, while keeping a record of tasks I've completed.

TeuxDeux review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The power is in the simplicity"

What do you like best?

Love that tasks can be spread out over days and are automatically moved if not complete.

What do you dislike?

There's no ability to use it offline. A desktop app or Chrome extension would be handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Keep is a good challenging but I'm sticking with TeuxDeux as I love how it's layed out.

Ensuring the most important and most urgent tasks are prioritised correctly.

TeuxDeux review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Use for Blogging To-dos"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, makes organizing my blogging tasks a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Mobile version is a bit clunky. I prefer to use on desktop.

Helps me be more productive, and think more strategically instead of being bogged down with smaller to-dos

TeuxDeux review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Decent app"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and excellent design makes it a joy to use

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with other apps. No desktop app makes working cross platform tricky.

Efficiency

Learning about TeuxDeux?

* We monitor all TeuxDeux reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.