TextMagic

TextMagic is a business text-messaging service for sending notifications, alerts, reminders, confirmations and SMS marketing campaigns to your customers, staff and suppliers.

Work for TextMagic?

Learning about TextMagic?

Compare TextMagic to Similar Solutions

TextMagic Reviews

Showing 22 TextMagic reviews
TextMagic review by Alissa H.
Alissa H.

"Simple, easy to use text service"

What do you like best?

The ease of importing my contacts list and writing templates to use based on the circumstances. Being able to contact our entire employee body with a short text message is extremely helpful. It is a very good value for our small company.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any negatives to report on.

Communicating with our employees when there are severe weather issues. We let them know our status - open for normal business hours; delayed due to plowing; closed when the state closes the roads; etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TextMagic
TextMagic review by Kim  P.
Kim P.

"Customers not receiving texts"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, much faster than phoning and we don't have a company phone on which to text.

What do you dislike?

We have just realized that text magic isn't reaching an increasing number of our customers. The history states it is but the customers are not receiving these texts from us.

Increasing number of customers not receiving their texts from us - even when the history shows it has been received. We have checked, texting customers while they are in store and nothing shows on their phones. This has caused us lost sales and annoyed customers as we have only just become aware how few texts are reaching the customers. We have now gone back to phoning although most customers would prefer a text.

What Mobile Marketing solution do you use?

TextMagic review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Small Company Utilizing Texting"

What do you like best?

We like the convenience of being able to reach our customers in a way that was not available to us before we started using TextMagic

What do you dislike?

I don't believe there is anything our team has necessarily disliked about TextMagic

We are a company that generates leads for ourselves through marketing efforts. A customer will contact us through a web form on our website and it is our responsibilty to reach out to that customer to set up a free estimate. In this time in the world we have found it is sometimes easier to reach people via texting instead of phone calls. We do operate Monday through Friday 8a-5p so it is hard to connect with people who work during that time. TextMagic has made it possible for us.

TextMagic review by Antonio  R.
Antonio R.

"Inviare sms facilmente dal web"

What do you like best?

Questo validissimo programma lo uso principalmente per inviare sms ai miei clienti direttamente dal web ma inoltre la cosa fantastica è la possibilità anche di ricevere le risposte e visualizzarle dal web. Di questo programma uso solo le funzioni sms e non ho ancora provato tutte le altre funzioni. Comoda anche la funzione per ricevere sms con foto che poi posso visualizzarle dal web. L'account inoltre puo' avere anche vari profili di gestione e impostare un utente amministratore con tutte le funzionalità possibili e un utente utilizzatore con minori opzioni.

What do you dislike?

Il programma funziona davvero bene e non c'è proprio nulla che non mi vada bene. E' davvero un ottimo programma ben fatto !

Recommendations to others considering the product

Un programma davvero interessante che vale la pena usare e registrarsi per iniziare con la licenza gratuita e poi acquistare credito per inviare altri sms.

Abbiamo notato una grande possibilità di comunicare velocemente con i nostri clienti grazie a questo programma che ci permette anche l'uso di comodi e pratici template per inviare messaggi. il sistema di ricarica credito è fantastico e ci permette di ricaricare il conto anche di solo 10 euro e pagarli anche con il conto paypal oltre che con carta. C'è anche la funzione di ricarica automatica quando il credito è quasi esaurito ma non l'ho attivata perchè preferisco ricaricare io direttamente.

TextMagic review by jim p.
jim p.

"Enjoy the convenience of a PC while sending/receiving SMS"

What do you like best?

My two main reasons for using this service are: to have a separate cell phone number for messages I don't want my actual phone to be cluttered with and the convenience of sending and receiving SMS messages from my PC.

The ability to send and receive SMS via email is very comfortable, it makes it much easier to find messages inside your mail client than on your phone.

Having another phone number for SMS is useful in many cases, for me, having a virtual cell phone number allows me to publish it anywhere without the worry of spam (you can always change the number if needed easily using textmagic website). I use this service for many sites and services that require phone number confirmation and I rather not share my personal phone to avoid ads and sales calls.

signing up on the textmagic site was very easy, the website has a simple and clear user interface. Sending SMS messages is as easy as adding the recipient(s) and typing the message.

A free trial is available (you get a few credits to test it out when you sign up).

A couple of features that not all the competitors I've looked at offer are: notification if a message was not delivered successfully and the fact that your credit doesn't expire (unlike some companies that limit the time in which you can use your paid credit.

The service seems to be reliable, I can't recall having an issue with it (however, I'm not a heavy user).

Overall, I recommend this service to anyone.

What do you dislike?

There is not much not to like about the textmagic service.

While their prices are very reasonable, there are cheaper solutions available for online SMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

will cover your SMS needs either as an individual or a business.

free trial available.

A separate cell number is useful for sharing your number online.

reliable service with credits that do not expire.

TextMagic review by Ken D.
Ken D.

"Convenient. Essential for out of mobile range access."

What do you like best?

1. The convenience of texting using a PC rather than a mobile.

2. I am based in an area with no mobile coverage thus TextMagic allows me to operate seamlessly.

3. Pricing is actually less than my mobile plan! (but that may be unique to Australia)

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike except that I found it initially a tad difficult to work out how to send to a group. Perhaps it was just the terminology whereby TextMagic calls it a List. Anyway I just checked and it seems OK now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Texting when I am out of mobile range (most of the time).

TextMagic review by Dave P.
Dave P.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Simple to use both via a browser and the Android app. Easy to set up. Reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It does what it's meant to do without fuss.

I'm a coordinator for a community organisation rather than a business. So far it's helped us engage members in a way that email campaigns don't.

TextMagic review by Lyle T.
Lyle T.

"Great affordable and relable service."

What do you like best?

A great solution for our needs. Great support. Workable solution for any budget. MOST handy feature is everyone in the office can log in and view activity via SMS CHAT feature. Each sales person and management cam see service staff progress at all times.

What do you dislike?

No CONS - We have single use. Our service staff texts in and out of every location so we know their daily progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NON Programmer Application Integration for user level

Live status updates from our field staff. If all service staff is compliant, we know where everyone is at all times. Eliminates the need to contact staff to obtain daily progress. Also gives us an overall method of communication that is quick and accountable.

TextMagic review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"TextMagic for productivity"

What do you like best?

Keyboard trumps the phone any day! I find that the product helps me review and reply to SMS communication without the hassle of using the phone.

What do you dislike?

No real issues, the product is well thought out. It is a great fit to my personal needs.

Improves my efficiency. I find that contacts respond with immediacy and gets their attention way before an email finally comes to their attention in the inbox.

TextMagic review by User

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Textmagic is easy to use and very useful when trying to get information from clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Very useful and uncomplicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

When asking clients for information, they have the list of information on their phone. No need for them to look for pen & paper to write down.

TextMagic review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great employee communication tool and automated texting service for businesses"

What do you like best?

That you're not locked into a contract. You can just reload your credits balance until you need to again.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more of a CRM integration because you can create automated text scripts with keywords and could easily ask for email addresses.

We are using this tool to acquire email addresses in exchange for content offers during conferences.

TextMagic review by Kai-Ove F.
Kai-Ove F.

"Very satisfied"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, service reliability and self-management.

I have used TextMagic for many years and have never considered switching service provider.

What do you dislike?

Thrte is nothing I dislike about TextMagic (but I still have to provide min. 40 characters in this field...)

I have set up 2 services, one for sending SMSs via a web interface (faster, more convenient than using phone), the other is an alert sevice for our calendar where you set up what SMS alerts you would like to receive for certain events.

TextMagic review by Ville V.
Ville V.

"TextMagic Messenger review"

What do you like best?

Been using this software about 3 years now. No hickups, bugs noticed - works fine and it's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I would like better contacts editor, contacts finder and easier sending to multiple contacts. And possible to edit and save message templates.

We inform our customers when it's possible to pickup their orders or notice them about orders.

TextMagic review by Liz T.
Liz T.

"Easy to set up and offers just what we need!"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up - and gives us SMS text messages about new bookings.

What do you dislike?

We do not use the full functionality of TextMagic, so there's nothing we dislike - as it does exactly what we need it for!

The SMS message we receive gives us a 'back up' if the email to confirm bookings somehow gets lost.

TextMagic review by Keren W.
Keren W.

"Text Magic is a very useful asset to my business"

What do you like best?

Forward planning at its best. I use the scheduled texts consistently. Need to know more about other features.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike. What I have used is great and very handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely!

Overcomes the risk of human error and forgetfulness

TextMagic review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"GREAT SERVICE"

What do you like best?

I HAVE BEEN USING THIS SERVICE FOR QUITE SOME TIME & IT GETS THE JOB DONE FOR ALL MY ALERTS & EMAIL FORWARDING

What do you dislike?

NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT , GREAT SUPPORT

Recommendations to others considering the product

DEFINITELY A GREAT SERVICE

ALL MY EMAIL ARE FORWARDED TO MY PHONE VIA SMS , SO I DON'T REQUIRE DATA ON MY PHONE , ANYTIME & ANY WHERE . FOR MY FOREX INVESTMENTS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

TextMagic review by Nemanja P.
Nemanja P.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Easy work and settings....also work with no problem.

What do you dislike?

No support for Serbia phone numbers. Can't buy dedicated number....

I use alarm security modules which sends e-mail for certain problems in system. I convert that e-mails in SMS now, with no problem using TextMagic service.

TextMagic review by Atara T.
Atara T.

"Using text-magic applicaton"

What do you like best?

I like the best the ability to use this utility for large scale

What do you dislike?

I guess that many spammer is using this utility

Sending a recommendation from our application to many users with a single point

TextMagic review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Text Magic"

What do you like best?

It works every time, I hate my smart phone and I can get all my texts sorted on my computer, what's not to like about Text Magic

What do you dislike?

Nothing! (why 40 characters? I said it all in eight :)

I am always at my computer, I never have my phone on if I can help it.

People who text from phones can get hold of me and never know it is not my phone they are texting.

TextMagic review by Administrator in Computer Software

"TextMagic API user"

What do you like best?

TextMagic PHP API is wonderfull. I make my own web interface and now I can send and receive SMS messages from my computer or laptop. In this way I avoid to use the phone's small "keypad".

What do you dislike?

I do not know? Everything is ok. Maybe, little more working programming samples.

I can use my universal addres book (mySQL) with TextMagic and share contact information of other programs too.

TextMagic review by Administrator

"Good but very inconsistant"

What do you like best?

Takes seconds to send a message and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Very inconsistent when sending to large groups

Support always says the same thing but not very helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

more consistency when sending texts in Canada

Scheduling/staffing

TextMagic review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Text magic - Great product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, customer contact automation

What do you dislike?

Nothing, great product, fits the bill for what was needed

Simplifying order processes and communication with customers

Learning about TextMagic?

* We monitor all TextMagic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare TextMagic to Similar Solutions