The Applicant Manager

The Applicant Manager

(97 reviews)

The Applicant Manager (TAM) is a customizable cloud-based ATS developed to streamline the recruiting process in a personalized way.

Work for The Applicant Manager?

Learning about The Applicant Manager?

The Applicant Manager Reviews

Ask The Applicant Manager a Question
Showing 97 The Applicant Manager reviews
The Applicant Manager review by sasha s.
sasha s.

"Hiring made easy! No joke. "

What do you like best?

I love that TAM will post to multiple job boards with one click. We do not have to pay for any other service. I love that if I have to make changes to ad copy - I just log in to TAM and its updated across the board.

One of my favorite features is the ability to search the resumes by a certain keyword. Sometimes we will recall an applicant who had a skill in Tableau for example, but won't remember the name. With the help of TAM I am able to search all resumes and find that person fast!

I love the ability to write pass/fail questions that tell me the candidate is disqualified, so I don't waste my time looking at the resume.

A note must be made to the wonderfully helpful Jerry Su who helped us onboard and patiently helped me through every question and concern, following up on his words every time. That kind of work ethic is rare in the industry.

What do you dislike?

I had to think about this for a few minutes. We had a hard time customizing our jobs landing page. I believe we ended up just settling with us. It is still not bad!

The frugal part of me cringes when we have to pay for TAM the months that we are not looking for new hires. You cannot pause for a month if you are not hiring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not see many upgrades to the existing platform - but I am not sure that any are needed.

Saving my managers' time with posting ads and saving tremendous amounts of paper, because everyone used to print ads and have a pile on their desk. 90% were non-starters. With the help of TAM we are able to centralize the hiring process in one place.

Actually saves money because we used to pay Indeed for ads, but the Free ads through TAM actually brought us some great candidates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about The Applicant Manager
The Applicant Manager review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"From the Get-Go, we have had nothing but a Positive Experience"

What do you like best?

The responsiveness of the entire team, being willing to 'hear' our needs and come away 'understanding' what it is that our company needs to satisfy our own clients. The role TAM plays is vital to our company, from the analyst, to the developers, and the ongoing support team. I can tell they want to 'please' and they do not disappoint.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don not have any negative feedback. So far, we are so pleased with TAM.

We have a unique client base made up of Higher Education Institutions who have search committees that make the hiring decision. TAM allows us to facilitate our client's needs for the search committee members to 'rate' the applicants for the executive level searches they hire us to conduct. We then use that rating data to help the search committees to come to a consensus so that the right person is hired.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

The Applicant Manager review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"TAM FAN! 5 years running!"

What do you like best?

TAM is streamlined perfectly for my recruitment process - I wanted something that I could manipulate on my terms in a quick, easy fashion, and it has been delivering for me for over 5 years in two different companies.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that is a true problem. I haven't checked it in a while, but I know at least in the past if you wanted to include a picture on your postings, it had to have a URL address, you couldn't just drop a pdf or jpeg in there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't comment on whether this system is the right one for a global company with tens of thousands of employees, but if you're a small to medium sized organization, it's a fantastic product, it's fluid and the the team at TAM will absolutely take your suggestions into consideration when configuring upgrades.

My postings go out to the widest audience (because they are partnered with the biggest and best job boards), I can drop and drag columns of information to create any report I want in seconds, and I have been able to provide my senior mgmt with data and analytics in minutes upon request.

The Applicant Manager review by Anna L.
Anna L.

"Great Service and User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The best part of using TAM has been the fantastic service offered by the customer support team. We went through a rebuild of our system earlier this year and Jerry was so helpful in working with us to understand the business, what we needed, and help to get things setup appropriately. I also like that they are always working to improve, add new and better features, and make my life easier!

What do you dislike?

There have been a few technical bugs, and sometimes when you have to go in and change something (an approval flow, for example) after already setting it up one way there have been glitches. Most are minor, and can be fixed without too much trouble.

It has been a huge benefit in tracking our time-to-fill metrics and providing clear, consistent communication around candidates.

The Applicant Manager review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"TAM got my hiring process in order!"

What do you like best?

The customization capabilities of this software make it the perfect solution for my agency. The ability to easily bend the software to meet our unique hiring process is what made me buy.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see additional integration capabilities with my CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is worth onboarding. You'll need to devote some time to building it out to suit your needs, but once you do it will change the way you hire and bring you better candidates in less time.

Managing the increasingly heavy influx of new candidates became a challenge. I was worried that I wasn't responding to candidates in an organized manner. I needed help managing candidates, job posting, and communication throughout our hiring process. TAM helped me rebuild my talent acquisition process and streamline the operation. It's put a lot of time back in my week and provided me with an extended tool set I didn't have before.

The Applicant Manager review by Lindsey R.
Lindsey R.

"Amazing applicant tracking system. Very efficient and effective!"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and has lot of features to make sure that the best candidates are selected. I like the format of the application and how you can edit it in many ways. It is very easy to find candidates though search. It leaves a paper trail for each candidate. you can open multiple windows at any time so if someone else calls back you dont have to stop everything to find something else in the system.

What do you dislike?

After using different tracking systems I have to say that there is nothing i really dislike about TAM. It truly has been amazing to work with

I am able to ensure efficeient and effective hiring of candidates. The system makes it very easy to streamline candidates.

The Applicant Manager review by User

"Great tool with easy to use features"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to send multiple emails out with the click of a button. It makes reaching out to many candidates at once a breeze. And I love the fact that I can save email templates. I use that a lot and that saves me a ton of time. I like the notes option as well because it allows me to give additional feedback that is not an option on the drop-down list. I often leave additional notes about candidates that give my coworkers better guidance on whether or not to reach out to that person in the future. And lastly, I like the fact that it is so easy to add candidates to the system. I have used other ATS systems where it is a pain and you have to add too much information when you upload the resume. I like that the details are short and sweet.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that so many windows open when you click to different candidates. I have to go back and keep x-ing out of all of the open windows and it can get very annoying. It would be helpful that instead of opening extra windows, candidates were opened in the same window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be to make the search work better. That is another issue that I have with TAM. Half the time I search for someone in TAM they don't come up and then I upload their resume only to find they are in the system. I would like that glitch to be fixed.

We are solving keeping up with candidate records by using TAM. We use TAM to register if we have interviewed people, submitted them to hiring managers, and made offers. It helps

The Applicant Manager review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"An efficient applicant tracking tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can organize TAM by the type of applicant, as well as the step they are on in our process. I like that I can create reminder tasks based on their assigned step. I also love that I can add tags in order to search for a therapist with a specific license or other preference.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that TAM can take a long time to load all of my applicants, and that candidates can get uploaded more than once (creating duplicates). I don't like that I need administrative rights to clean up these issues. I also don't like how the same person with a different last name can reapply and look like a new applicant, when perhaps they were previously failed. I am not sure how TAM could ever fix that, understandably.

I'm solving the problem of keeping track of candidates and making sure they don't get lost in the process. We have realized the benefit of scheduling candidates promptly, and reaching out if they do not. It's also great when people reapply, to know who they are and if we wanted to work with them or not. It's a great place to access candidates' emails, phone numbers, and addresses.

The Applicant Manager review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"Great entry level ATS"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, great support, has all of the basic features you'd expect from an ATS. The price is affordable, however, it's a bummer that they charge per user. The initial training was very thorough but took a long time. It's easy to organize your candidates in a variety of ways and have quick, easy access to all applicants for each position all in one place. Tracking emails, the ability to add in 3rd party personality assessments, background checks, reference checks, etc. is helpful. Easy to post to multiple job boards with one click in TAM. Automating emails, templates for emails, making forms, pre-screening questions, triggers to send emails or forms, custom workflows for different jobs, etc. are just many of the features I enjoy.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have additional users but we can't justify the cost. I wish the integrated with the personality assessment company but when I asked about it TAM told me they've never heard of this company and dropped it there. I wish TAM would automatically repost to job boards more often than every 90 days (yes, I know that's a job board directive not something TAM insisted on, but still, every 90 days?).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't have all of the features that some of the more expensive ATS have but it does everything it advertises very well. You can't beat their customer support either.

TAM has saved me a tremendous amount of time and keeps me much more organized.

The Applicant Manager review by Benigna  G.
Benigna G.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

What I love about TAM is how easy it is to use and the great customer service they provide.

What do you dislike?

I have been using the system for a year now and I still haven't found something I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is absolutely amazing if you are looking a system to help with tracking your applicants. Also if you are a mid size company that needs to provide reporting for you AAP and or EEO1, this applicant has made it so easy to track and provide the necessary data for those reports. The application has been so easy to utilized as well as to train new employees. Another amazing thing we have loved from The Application Manager is the amazing customer service they provide. They are very fast to respond and also conduct a one on one training we anyone new individual we hire.

Some of the benefits TAM has solved for our company have been keeping our company on track when it comes to recruitment, and reporting.

"TAM "

What do you like best?

I like that I can email applicants as well as other managers regarding resumes and applications. I also like that I can take 'notes' on each applicant along the way. I also like that you can move applicants from one position to another if their skill set applies. Overall, it's pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see emails sent to candidates post change in status. For example, if I do a thumbs down on a candidate, the system should auto generate an email to the candidate stating "thanks but no thanks." This could also be done at the "hired" stage--an email to the candidate that says "we are so excited to have you, here's what to expect next." I realize you can set up templates and send those messages out, but you have to select your group that you would like to send. If you screen applicants and tell them no they fall out of the active list and you forget to go back in and send an email. I would like to see a consolidated step for this.

I would also like to see an icon on the applicant profile to email them directly.

The Applicant Manager makes it easy to track candidates and take notes on who you have contacted and where at in the process they may be. It's been a great snapshot into staffing and also in telling the story of constraints we may be seeing.

The Applicant Manager review by Administrator

"The Best AAP compliant software for the price!!"

What do you like best?

As a smaller company with AAP requirements, this software was the only software I found that had compliant reports and who understood the areas and issues an auditor would ask about. It does one thing - applicant tracking - and it does it well. The software is intuitive, direct, and easy to learn. I love that in one window I can see and access the complete record of an applicant. The fact that I can easily add in applicants who apply through other means is a big plus. And I'm still amazed that I get all that for the price that TAM charges. Kudos, high fives and any other accolade you can think of for TAM!!!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate scheduling interviews with Outlook.

I frequently hire for the same positions throughout the year. Having templates for the ads, being able to group my applicants by skills (regardless of when they applied) and giving managers access to these applicants has saved me time and gotten rid of all paper in the recruiting process. As a technical employer, the tags feature has been instrumental in ensuring that applicants who apply for one position but have different skills we may need in the future aren't lost in the shuffle.

The Applicant Manager review by Julia M.
Julia M.

"TAM includes many helpful tools for recruiting."

What do you like best?

It is very helpful to have a search tool for previous applicants. The pre-screening questions also save me a lot of time when filtering through a large pool of applicants.

What do you dislike?

The website could be more user-friendly and intuitive. This would make it easier to find the tabs you're looking for at a faster rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for companies of varying size with helpful support staff.

Before TAM, we received resumes through email. Now, we do not need to screen applicants that do not make it past the pre-screening questions. This cuts back on wasted time and allows us to only view applicants with skills more aligned to the open job position.

The Applicant Manager review by Morgan  B.
Morgan B.

"Great Application for Recruiting!"

What do you like best?

I like that TAM has a lot of functionalities such as emailing fillable forms to coworkers about certain candidates (score cards, questionnaires, etc.). I also like that adding candidates from outside sources such as Dental Post, Craigslist, and Zip Recruiter is very easy.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function is pretty basic and not very user friendly until you really play with it. They give you more options than you need with the reports so that is a plus, you do have more options to pick from.

Moving the candidate thru a workflow, ability to view the resume while filling out my phone interview, many great functionalities that make the interviewing process easier.

The Applicant Manager review by Hannah L.
Hannah L.

"Efficiency and simplicity"

What do you like best?

I love that I can customize TAM however I want it and can make it the best for our needs as a company!

I also love that I can export anything to whatever format I like

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is the way the emails are organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this if you have several candidates applying to several jobs, continuously.

The benefits include speeding up the process of sourcing candidates and making it so much more efficient. Instead of inputting and organizing everything ourselves, TAM does it for us. It also allows us to communicate faster and specifically to who we want to in a organized way.

The Applicant Manager review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Basic Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

TAM has the essentials you are looking for in an ATS. Ability to send mass emails and create email templates is helpful for initial screening of candidates

What do you dislike?

The user experience/interface is not the prettiest compared to others, it is a bit clunky and cumbersome.

When emails come through notifying an applicant has applied there is not a resume attached, you have to go to TAM to view instead of a quick glance in the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the basics in an ATS it fits the bill. No frills, but gets the job done.

Tracking candidates through the recruitment lifecycle process.

Receiving additional candidates through the free job postings

The Applicant Manager review by Amerisafe G.
Amerisafe G.

"TAM Review"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy the integration is between TAM and the job boards. Makes posting positions so quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to sort by area/zip code for candidates. Unless I "Tag" them in the system, it's too hard to manage old applicants in a geographic area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around in the system, you'll discover more on your own than through the Webinars.

We are streamlining applicants. As soon as they apply TAM alerts me via email, so even if I am remote I can answer quickly. If TAM wants to be successful moving forward, they should integrate texting software into this system.

The Applicant Manager review by Corky F.
Corky F.

"TAM is the real deal in Applicant Tracking and Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

I really love everything about TAM. It is so easy to use and can be customized to each position. The customer service is excellent and from day one you feel like you have known the team forever and they are so good at working through scenarios with you.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that duplicate applicants could be in one record instead of jumping around into different tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great Applicant Tracking System and has a robust search engine. That is extremely helpful since you can search through the system to find candidates who already have an interest in your company.

We actively hire but many of our requirements are pipeline reqs and TAM helps keep us organized and in compliance as well as in process. The price of TAM is affordable which is so helpful to our business since we run as lean as we can b/c our mission is to give back to the community through our profits.

The Applicant Manager review by Cheryl G.
Cheryl G.

"TAM has united our HR operations with other municipal departments!"

What do you like best?

Being able to share applicant information without having to print all the documents has been a blessing!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have not had time to learn all that I can regarding using TAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe businesses that have a need for a Human Resource Information System should give The Applicant Manager a try. The representatives are excellent and knowledgeable, and the costs will definitely suit your company's budget.

TAM has alleviated the time spent on researching every minor detail of the hiring process; all our information is documented, or uploaded to the system (i.e. who is being replaced, if an applicant is a current employee, the residency of applicants, and the like) for ease of access. One benefit is that these options help Human Resources and the directors keep track of details important to the hiring process.

The Applicant Manager review by Corinne S.
Corinne S.

"TAM has been a lifesaver! "

What do you like best?

I love that TAM embraces the same elevated level of superior customer service that we embrace at my company as well. Edna, Jim , Jerry and the TAM team have been vital not only to the success of hiring at my company, but a true pleasure to work with. I love how hands on they are and how open they are to suggestions to try and make TAM work for my business.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could archive inactive users to declutter my templates and emails . Also, I would love a feature that could help me sort positions by month. We're a high volume hiring company, and use TAM a bit uniquely for our business needs, and I would love to be able to customize a few things to my company's individual needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run, don't walk to implement TAM! I've been using TAM since 2014, and it has dramatically improved not only my personal workflow, but communication and effectiveness with my team. It has tremendously changed the way I'm able to do my job.

TAM has helped us streamline communication between our 11 spa properties and has made hiring so much easier! We've been able to sort, filter and comb through applicants to truly finds the most qualified talent. I am able to staff my call center out of state, my front end positions, and find those service oriented applicants with much more ease. At the end of the day, I can't remember what my HR life was like before TAM.

The Applicant Manager review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"I use TAM for my recruitment needs along with one other recruitment manager at my company "

What do you like best?

I really like how I can move candidates through steps, send off resumes very easily to managers and have templates for e-mails to send ot candidates. I also like that I can see if they have applied before and that I can write notes.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if I am able to, but it would be nice to have an address book for my e-mail as I am sending e-mails to managers all the time through TAM and would like to be able to choose their address from TAM.

I also would like to see an more structured way of rating their quality. Maybe a way for my company to put in there what 3 stars or 4 stars means to us?

Quicker response time for candidates and a way stronger candidate experience for them in result.

The Applicant Manager review by Mimi F.
Mimi F.

"Best of its kind!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, versatile with big software capability, perfect for the small to mid-sized company.

What do you dislike?

There's no address book feature. The auto populate is very helpful, but it has limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

3 years ago, I went to a Monster event and asked other recruiters for suggestions of ATSs for our small company. The Applicant Manager (TAM) was what I ended up buying and have never regretted it for one minute! So much bang for the buck, it's unusual today.

We needed to transition to software and away from tracking applicants with Excel. TAM was easy to sell to my leadership. The investment was minimal for the number of users we had at the time, and it was simple to implement. It's been easy to train new recruiters on as well.

The Applicant Manager review by Rick W.
Rick W.

"Easy installation and very user friendly."

What do you like best?

Point and click ease of use. User interface is very intuitive and easy. Uploading attachments are very simple. We produce work lists based on whatever criteria we choose.. Selecting groups of applicants for job skills are simple to produce. The system is flexible to meet our varied needs for workflow and approval processes for our various employment groups and occupational types.

What do you dislike?

Reporting needs to be strengthened. We would like the ability to make minor revisions to the application over the life of the application such as address and telephone number changes. The applicant is forced to submit a new application if there are minor changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to implement and very cost effective.

Improved recruitment for our various positions. Integrates nicely with various job boards and advertising sources.

The Applicant Manager review by Alicia G.
Alicia G.

"Very fast paced Staffing Agency Use"

What do you like best?

The job posting ability is very robust. It posts on several job boards at once which is a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we still have to keep spreadsheets because positions open and close so frequently. It's faster to change a cell in excel than in to open and close a requisition in TAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is frequent outages during the day for upgrades. Should be done outside standard working hours.

Being able to contact candidates en masse is very helpful. Also the job posting feature is extremely robust.

The Applicant Manager review by Barbara M.
Barbara M.

"Great customer experience!"

What do you like best?

TAM is easy to install AND easy to use! The implementation process was quick & easy. Customer support is always able to answer my questions. I love the knock-out question options for the online app.

What do you dislike?

I love data, so would like a bit more on the reporting side, but I think most people would be more than happy with the reporting options.

Easy tracking of candidates; easy database searches for candidate skill sets; employment application (not online app to start he process) was easy to install.

The Applicant Manager review by Crystal E.
Crystal E.

"Technical Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Ability to upload multiple documents at once, and easily see the status of a role inside a job.

What do you dislike?

In regards to what I dislike or what I would change, my focus would be on the search function as I find that it is rather sloppy. Also, I do not get much use from the alerts., maybe an update or self selected alerts?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Affordable, reliable. Good customer service.

We use TAM to track applicants interviewing with our clients, the ability to have resume, notes, contact info all at a quick search is great but not unique to TAM I am afraid.I do think there is a good knowledge base that I have referenced several times in the past for quick answers.

The Applicant Manager review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"We love TAM!"

What do you like best?

TAM is simple, but still gets the job done. TAM is sure to provide reports that help us with our end of year AAP reporting for OFCCP compliance. We are very happy with the quick customer service of TAM and the free job boards they partner with. Jobs are easier to fill with TAM!

What do you dislike?

We have only had TAM for about 3 months now, and we have yet to find a complaint.

A huge business solution we've gained from TAM is OFCCP compliance. We are a federal contractor and used to manually put together the EEO reports from various job sites, but now, all of our applicants go to TAM so it's all simplified reporting.

The Applicant Manager review by Administrator

"The Applicant Manager Review"

What do you like best?

The cost is one of the best on the market. Month to month contract. Also, you can completely customize TAM to function and look how you want. The support team is phenomenal and they are extremely responsive. They understand your situation and work diligently to ensure that you get a complete and full resolution.

What do you dislike?

The system functions well for small businesses. As we have grown, we have outpaced it's functionality. There are other ATS that allow for better integration into systems, and have a little bit more robust systems. Fort the price, you cannot beat this functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a HUGE ATS, it has functioned well in a small business environment and simplified the tracking and resume retention piece. It does not have quite the power as some of the larger ATS out there, but for the money this has got to be one of the best systems out there.

Applicant Tracking

Automated posting

Resume Database

The Applicant Manager review by Administrator

"Great ATS for a great price!"

What do you like best?

A colleague of mine recommended that we look into TAM when we were searching for an Applicant Tracking System. I am grateful she made this recommendation. We researched several systems from other companies and TAM was the obvious choice. The features are exactly what we need for our medium size company and the price is great. TAM has greatly helped the efficiency of our recruiting process.

What do you dislike?

When the system is undergoing updates, TAM can be a little slow. TAM is very good at communicating ahead of time however so that we know when updates are coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend The Applicant Manager (TAM). We have had a great experience with the system and it has greatly improved our processes.

The implementation team was great, and if we do have any issues, support is easy to obtain.

Decreased recruiting time has been a great benefit of using TAM. It has also helped in communications with hiring managers. They can see and comment on resumes as they come in. We have also saved time in communicating with applicants by using the many automated features.

The Applicant Manager review by Angela P.
Angela P.

"Great recruiting software"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use; it's very user friendly, also the job postings to free job boards and social media share functionality are great.

What do you dislike?

The automated resume parsing doesn't always work properly, would like a better rating scale / system for the candidate evaluations (more than just a 5 star rating - possibly add categories), the ability to edit your notes would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this program!

Hiring

The Applicant Manager review by Krystle C.
Krystle C.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the site. It takes away the stress of having to figure out hard to use functions while reviewing resumes for multiple roles.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how generic the site looks. It looks like something that was thrown together very fast. Nothing special about the look at all. It is very plain.

I am handling all hiring needs for multiple dealerships within our dealership group.

The Applicant Manager review by Rick K.
Rick K.

"Developers have a well thought out application and do a nice job of keeping users informed."

What do you like best?

Interface with posting sites. One place for recruiting needs including including HR and other designated persons for each posting.

What do you dislike?

Load time for applicants. Some resumes when imported from PDFs are not clear. Have had problems printing resumes after upload. would be nice to refresh a posting manually.

Tracking of resumes, Searchability of prior resumes, Including fellow managers on same platform. Getting managers to respond to emails generated by application.

The Applicant Manager review by Chanelle R.
Chanelle R.

"Great tool for non-profit and small organizations! "

What do you like best?

TAM's support and customer service is second to none. The response time is stellar. I began using the tool just shy of three years ago with a small organization of 200 employees. Our hiring managers found the system to be intuitive and enjoyed the reporting tools functional.

What do you dislike?

Off hand, I cannot say that there have been any issues that I can recall for me to dislike TAM.

Prior to using TAM we did not have a ATS system whatsoever. TAM became the guinea pig for most of our managers and candidates. We have been nearly three years strong happy with TAM and it's steadily enhancing features.

The Applicant Manager review by Debbie F.
Debbie F.

"Human Resource Specialist"

What do you like best?

The EEO/Affirmative Action reporting, the ease in which you review applicant pipelines, the flow of the system in general

What do you dislike?

For a candidate to fill out an employment application, the link is located below the signature line and not in the body of the email. Candidates cannot find the link 90% of the time. I email it to myself, cut the link, paste it into the email body and then email it to the candidate.

Duplicate candidates: the notes don't carry over, the system does not catch them in the same pipeline

Applicant tracking, recruiter productivity, EEO compliance, running notes on candidates

The Applicant Manager review by User in Information Technology and Services

"TAM has been great!"

What do you like best?

The user friendly platform to navigate through active job listings and candidates.

What do you dislike?

Some of the settings (adding/removing locations, email templates) are a bit difficult to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TAM has been a great, affordable resource for our company. The customer service is excellent and we're looking forward to the updates and releases they have in the future. It has also allowed us to better manager our current pool of candidates and make better recommendations to our clients.

We manage a small recruiting effort and TAM has helped us organize our efforts and be compliant with state laws regarding tracking and applicant retention.

"Amazing Organization Tool"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to set up, easy to understand. The staff is very responsive and helpful. When I first signed up they take the time to do webinars with you so you can learn all aspects of TAM and they got at your pace.

What do you dislike?

Theres not much that I do not like about TAM. Sometimes the formatting on your job postings don't turn out like you want, but that is due to the fact that each individual job board pulls your data and some read it different. But that is ultimately out of TAMs hands.

It has helped our recruiting process a ton... it has cut the time of hire in half! we no longer have to repeat data entry multiple times, no more finding files in a stack.. its all easily accessible, and you can quickly see where the candidates are in the process

The Applicant Manager review by Lisa P.
Lisa P.

"TAM is User Friendly"

What do you like best?

It is great for handling small business recruiting needs, not so complicated & user friendly, easy to use and I love the email template and trigger capability.

What do you dislike?

The calendaring and scheduling feature I just don't use it.

Since they created the Forms function, I have been able to streamline a few things in our Hiring Process, thus utilizing the system for more as well as getting the Hiring Managers more engaged in the process. We created a Candidate Evaluation form that can be triggered to go to the HM's at any point we pick in our desired workflow.

The Applicant Manager review by Sandy S.
Sandy S.

"Resume handling"

What do you like best?

I like that all of the applicants are stored in one system and can be accessed easily

I like that I can send out bulk emails when I close a position

What do you dislike?

That Managers do not utilize it as they should

Posting jobs is much easier especially because our group of dealerships consist of 7 car dealers.

The Applicant Manager review by Samia K.
Samia K.

"User friendly and cost effective!"

What do you like best?

Our company implemented TAM last year and it has been so easy to use! You are able to run reports easily, post jobs, and communicate effectively with other hiring managers.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything! this ATS has been very user friendly!

Better communication with hiring managers, easy to pull reports, and smoother hiring process!

The Applicant Manager review by Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.

"TAM is a great recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

I like how TAM is so easy to use and navigate, I never really have to dig to find what I am looking for

What do you dislike?

I wish the user interface of TAM was more modern and intuitive. I sometimes feel like the system feels dated although there is a lot of great features.

I am able to allow my hiring managers access to their candidates which takes a big chuck of time away from having to send resumes/notes. Everything is kept in one central location making the hiring experience internally much more enjoyable.

The Applicant Manager review by Patricia B.
Patricia B.

"Very informative Team to work with, very pleased with our service and our applicant results"

What do you like best?

The helpful voice on the phone and quick response to any questions we have

What do you dislike?

At this time there is nothing I would change about TAM

I am required to produce reports every week and TAM has made that process extremely easy. All my information gets where it needs to be and ON TIME

The Applicant Manager review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Great applicant management system"

What do you like best?

We have been using TAM for 3 years now and it continues to do the trick. Very happy with the service.

What do you dislike?

There are very few dislikes of TAM, other than sometimes having issues posting to outside paid job boards.

We are now able to keep all our applicants organized across the company.

The Applicant Manager review by Sean G.
Sean G.

"Serves its purpose, no real complaints "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. Easy to edit and track applicants, as well as upload resumes and utilize candidates. No real complaints. All in all it serves the purpose to that our company needs.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints, but it is a little bit cluttered and hard to read when tracking metrics/ tracking old candidates based on job submitted for. I couldn't call this a "dislike", but they could make it a bit less cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make it easier to edit candidates with having to "edit" every time

Tracking applicants for recruitment purposes

The Applicant Manager review by Administrator

"Short Time User But Very Impressed"

What do you like best?

The system has greatly streamlined my processes and cut down on the amount of time needed to review applicants. It has really allowed for a smoother applicant experience for both sides of the equation.

What do you dislike?

So far, everything has been going smoothly. We do not have a terrible complex process so it works perfectly for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability to anonymize information for other reviewers (non-admin reviewers)

It is all about organization and being able to see where applicants are in the lifecycle at a glance. It also allows for easier/better reporting.

The Applicant Manager review by User

"TAM is a good tool; very user friendly. "

What do you like best?

I like that it's user friendly and I can run certain reports from it, sort by recruiter, sourced recruiter, candidate name, date of application. It's easy to enter data such as notes, upload a resume or other document, follow the status history.

What do you dislike?

I think what we have now is the bare bones, and although it works very well, I feel if we had a more robust set up it would help us be more productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TAM is a very user friendly applicant tracking tool that allows you to choose how to control and review your applicants and positions.

I like that I can get to my positions and applicant pool quickly and easily. It's easy to sort applicants, positions, review notes, status history and candidate resumes.

The Applicant Manager review by Claire F.
Claire F.

"User-friendly"

What do you like best?

How minimalist the platform is- no additional bells and whistles- just a program that is made with recruiters in mind.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search functions are not very intuitive.

Time--wasting! Our old program was very cumbersome and it's been refreshing to have a program that works quickly and consistantly.

"TAMS review"

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly. When we have questions, account manager is responsive. I have only been using TAM since October of this year. I am a new employee to the company and I only started using it since I got hired, bit it is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far, I have only been using TAM since October of this year. I am a new employee to the company and I only started using it since I got hired, bit it is very user friendly.

Recruitment

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Organization was really good and I could keep my managers in the loop. Very easy to manage and they liked the price. It did it's job and had everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how my rep has not contacted me since my last rep left. I really liked Jerry and he was very attentive and would answer all my questions.

We are solving organization difficulties and loss of applications in previous years. We are saving time and everything is easier to manage.

The Applicant Manager review by Derria U.
Derria U.

"Reliable Resource"

What do you like best?

I like How responsive TAM is. The system runs pretty quickly.

What do you dislike?

that you can only repost to Indeed every 90 days instead of every 30 days like it was in the past.

The ease of being able to sort through applicants makes recruiting less stressful.

The Applicant Manager review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"I work with TAM daily and I'm satisfied overall."

What do you like best?

Easy to use. User friendly. Allows us to keep track of multiple job postings without getting confused.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to open links in a new tab by simply holding ctrl and clicking the link.

TAM has made tracking applicant info much easier.

* We monitor all The Applicant Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.