The City

3.0

The City helps everyone in your church stay engaged in daily life and ministry.

Work for The City?

Learning about The City?

The City Reviews

Showing 14 The City reviews
The City review by Serena W.
Serena W.

"A sweet, contained way to connect"

What do you like best?

The security of the forums. The specific group that I am a part of on the city (Dirty Girls Ministries) feels contained in a way that helps community build naturally.

What do you dislike?

I really like almost all aspects of this service. It could probably use an aesthetic update, but other than that, it is great from a user's perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a bit of setup and moderation, this community management software could be a fantastic tool for your company.

I have been a part of The City as a user and would love to explore the administrative side. I could see this really helping build the community and social aspect of connecting our staff together with minimal management/upkeep needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about The City
The City review by Shaina J.
Shaina J.

"The City"

What do you like best?

The City is a convenient platform that connects the church members with church leaders. It's a great all in one place to have information be mass sent to church members for updates and general information that is perfect if you missed an announcement at church. One of the cool pieces of info. that a church sent was the setlist for their worship times. I also really enjoyed that it consistently sent emails every week with ease.

What do you dislike?

The idea of the City is great and helps provide a streamlined process for church and member interactions. The things that are difficult would be the interface and ease of use. The software provides member profiles for church members but it'd be useful to be able to do more with those profiles rather than just have basic information about the people.

Communications between the church and church members

What Church Management solution do you use?

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Concept, Still Needing Some Improvements"

What do you like best?

The idea of a "social" network for a church is great. Small groups, sharing information etc. Communication does seem to improve, but don't implementing it so it becomes a substitute for people actually getting together in real life.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems clunky. Need to better improve these people (adults and kids) are a family. When one wants to look at Family units and see a family picture it would be nice. Need easier way for a Sunday school teacher to see pictures of his or her "kids". That may not be old enough for an account.

Communication and sharing as an alternative to 5 or 10 separate Facebok groups. The groups inside The City are cleanly listed for your church.

The City review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"The City is a unique church software for leaders wanting specific tools. "

What do you like best?

I like that The City allowed me to easily send information to multiple platforms. If I need to send an email, tweet, or Facebook post all at once I'm able to do that. I also love that it auto updates to ACS, that is a huge plus!!!

What do you dislike?

It's another app. Getting people to use the apps they already have is easy. But getting them to add another app or access a new website, that can be tough to get done across the board. I'd prefer it be something that can be logged into via Facebook, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try this out, especially if you use ACS already. It provides a vast assortment of tools to use for communication and community engagement. I personally preferred to simply use Facebook for these things, even though there are significantly less tools to use. The extra stuff ultimately wasn't what I was looking for, but perhaps it is what you're looking for.

The City helps with ease of communication, ease of community conversation and prayer requests. Those that actually log in and use it, they seem to really enjoy engaging one another.

"Could of been better"

What do you like best?

The City is nice because it has all the information about people in the congregation. It was also nice that you could make donations through the City. I work for the non profit side of the church and this was helpful for us because people could donate to the church and to our non profit.

What do you dislike?

Its took a long time to load, there wasn't as many functions as I would of liked. We ultimately when with another program because there wasn't enough features needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found that we like Ministry Platform better

Keeping track of those in the congregation and knowing how to contact them. It was also nice that you could send messages to certain people in group that went directly to their email. That feature was used a lot. We realized later that it was a easy way to get donations for our non-profit which was something we weren't counting on at the beginning.

"The City"

What do you like best?

I liked that there is a community board where that you can type in responses and discussion and you can set when you get updates. I like that you can set updates for daily, immediate, or weekly. I like that you got an email snapshot of what happened online during the day. I did like that you could have various subgroups within your group so you don't inundate the entire group.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it seemed dated and it is very klunky. It isn't always easy to navigate the pages. It didn't seem very user friendly. Uploading documents or photos was not easy and wasn't visually appealing. It was also costly to get what we were looking for just for a social platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the price of the The City for your congregation and see if it really worth it. With Facebook pages and groups now you are able to use some of those social media features for free.

At the time, we were trying to solve the issue of community engagement. We were making sure that the church announcements were being heard and that service teams were being formed. We were using it as a social media platform and a small group platform.

Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Simple and Easy but not flashy"

What do you like best?

The City is an easy way to allow members in the community or congregation to communicate with one another easily. You can set up groups, teams, events, etc. There's also an app and online platform.

What do you dislike?

The website and app are very outdated. They are not designed well so we struggle to get our congregation to use them as frequently as we'd like and engage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It drastically needs a redesign and update. There are also many bugs in both the web version and app that need to be worked out. I

Internal communication among congregants. We don't have the capacity to monitor a forum or list serve, so this acts as an easy in-between that we don't have to monitor. We set rules on the backend that allow the congregation to run with the software in using it to communicate with one another.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A short lived Dream in The City"

What do you like best?

The City was fantastically designed, it was very popular. The City has a strong app that handles updates well and many users all at once. We were able to use it for many different types of communication as well as let our members use it to communicate with each other. It was a fantastic tool for everyone.

What do you dislike?

It has a few glitches that at times reduced our users to giving up on the app or having to delete it and re-download. We also faced some difficulties with the login

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to use and a strong app. However difficult to implement across a large congregatio.

We were able to use it as church management, church communication, we've also used it as a non-profit communication tool.

Administrator in Religious Institutions

"A great product for 2005"

What do you like best?

The ability for anyone in a church to post to the main page

What do you dislike?

Old design, admin reporting functions only export in CSV, inability to retroactively make posts (including events) public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use the City; look into Realm (which we’re soon upgrading to.) Same company (ACS), better features.

Online Giving (one place for online giving records) makes it easy to tell someone where to give to the church if they’d like to

The City review by Joel F.
Joel F.

"Working, but not great"

What do you like best?

The ability to create new groups and communities

What do you dislike?

The level of interaction between groups is minimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An outdated, but functional social tool, the City gives churches new to the social media game a door to their members, but doesn't allow for new members or great communication.

The city does provide a place where people from the church can get together and discuss issues, volunteer positions, and even donate safely/securely.

"The City Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed how the platform allowed me to connect with other members of my church, mainly those who I had not yet met. It also provides a way for people to quickly get messages out to a lot of people and is interactive.

What do you dislike?

It seems like many people, including myself, do not regularly check The City so sometimes getting feedback or making your announcement was seen was a hit or miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to get all of your people excited and using The City; otherwise, it is not helpful.

Mainly communication and building an online community. It definitely brings people together.

The City review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Robust software for church member networking"

What do you like best?

The City gave us an all in one solution for handling small groups, church communication, kid's ministry registration, giving, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some of the handling of sub-groups proved difficult in the drop-down views.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid solution. I've worked with it in churches as small as 150 and a church that had almost 15,000 members. It worked really well for both so its good, scalable software.

We needed an all-in-one spot that was secure for our members only. This was a complete package

The City review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Unnecessary replacement for Social Media"

What do you like best?

I liked that the media platform was only for members of our church and not every single person in the planet.

What do you dislike?

It could have been simplified and the tasks and announcements which we use it for could have been made through a traditional media platform

Gathering, birth announcements prayer requests etc.

"Used The City "

What do you like best?

You could add friends and see other's profiles / interests.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to navigate and I often didn't get notifications about messages.

Connecting people in the church. Sending out group messages and events.

Learning about The City?

* We monitor all The City reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.