The List Online

Advertising, media and marketing contacts at brands and their agencies throughout the U.S.A, Canada and U.K.

Work for The List Online?

Learning about The List Online?

The List Online Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 36 The List Online reviews
The List Online review by <span>📇 Ashlea G.</span>
📇 Ashlea G.

"Great Tool for Prospecting"

What do you like best?

This database is ideal for prospecting and very simple to navigate. The information is normally always up-to-date and it will also alert you if an employee is "on the move" (i.e. If they've recently left the company). "Quick Search" makes it easy to find prospects' email addresses along with a company's media spend and a list of their competitors. If you're an agency, it's a great way to see what other agencies a brand currently works with or has worked with in the past. There are other handy tabs such as "LinkedIn Connections" which gives you an overview of who you're connected with at a particular company; a common denominator you can use in your outreach. The DailyVista is another helpful resource within the system.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I can't find a company on The List. Either they are not a large enough corporation or they are international. For this reason, I wouldn't rely fully on this database for prospecting. But overall, it is a useful tool and saves a lot of time.

We have been developing our sales department and have found it challenging to qualify prospective brands and individuals at those companies. The List however, makes it quick and easy to find the right target along with their contact information.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about The List Online
The List Online review by <span>Justin d.</span>
Justin d.

"Great Business Development Resource"

What do you like best?

The feature I like the best is "DailyVista". Reading the news and updates is part of my daily routine. The format is great for capturing news and immediately reaching out to a contact to schedule a meeting. For my work as a sponsorship seller, this is definitely a must-have resource! Receiving email blasts is also a great benefit. When I am on the road, the information provided in the email blasts allow for a quick read while highlighting potential new opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the points of contact or their contact information is inaccurate. Thankfully, this rarely happens. For the most part, I am completely satisfied. If possible, I would like to see contacts broken down to regional decision makers rather than just at the C-Level.

The most challenging aspect to my business is finding qualified prospective brands and connecting with the right contact points. The List Online provides a great format in which I can discover real time marketing/advertising activity from brands and their respective contacts in a one-stop-shop format. This is a huge benefit.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

The List Online review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

"Extremely helpful resource for prospecting."

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to navigate. I find that the information is fairly up to date and if you cross reference with another resource like LinkedIn you can put together a pretty clear picture of who you want to speak to at a company and how to get in touch with them.

What do you dislike?

Because a lot of the information is crowd sourced it's not always 100% accurate with regards to the accounts individuals are currently working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's helped me out tremendously in terms of finding contact information and who is on which account.

I am trying to connect with buyers and strategists at marketing agencies. The List has helped me put together a nice, long prospect list with names, emails and phone numbers for easily 6 months worth of contacts.

The List Online review by <span>Ruth Ann &quot;Dixie&quot; S.</span>
Ruth Ann "Dixie" S.

"Morning Coffee/Daily Vista Rundown..."

What do you like best?

I enjoy Daily Vista the most. It is great to have a rundown of marketing and advertising changes in real time. It is very helpful in understanding key decision making changes with insight into why a new path has been taken. It is essential in validated whether or not your agency potentially may be an excellent partner for the client to consider.

What do you dislike?

Inaccuracies in contact detail; however, the world of marketing decision makers is ever evolving and changing. With the LinkedIn resource available now with The List database any updates can be done fairly quickly on my own. Not a dislike but a reality of how quickly things change within company management structures especially within marketing departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Saves time and the return on investment is complete with one sale.

Time, need specific information and ideas for new approach to business strategy.

The List Online review by <span>Linde T.</span>
Linde T.

"Great Way to Find Leads"

What do you like best?

You can easily find the media spend for companies divided by type of media. When searching, you only need to know part of a company name and you can still get accurate results. The contacts are usually updated and the email addresses are always valid. When I have a hard time finding a company's 800 number it is always accurate on The List and I don't have to call multiple numbers to get to the person I want!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find an advertiser that does not use an agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very user friendly and quick. Much easier than Google and the information is more accurate and up to date.

The benefits are the spend amount per company and the direct contact information for the people you want to reach to get advertising.

The List Online review by <span>Brian W.</span>
Brian W.

"Helpful product for business contacts"

What do you like best?

I like The List and its ease of use when it comes to search for the right contacts we need help getting in touch with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like it takes a long time to update when people leave positions.

This product allows us to be in contact with the right individuals across brands and agencies.

The List Online review by <span>Tess M.</span>
Tess M.

"The List is a great resource for learning about companies changing focus and goals."

What do you like best?

The Daily Vista is a solid resource that provides timely updates on campaigns, leadership changes, and agency reviews - very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The resource only provides contact information for those in marketing - would be helpful to have additional information on executive leadership, human resources, charitable partnership leads, etc.

We are a national non-profit seeking to partner with like-minded companies on initiatives that accomplish both business and philanthropic goals. By using The List we can better determine companies' values and goals.

The List Online review by <span>Kyle T.</span>
Kyle T.

"Great database of contacts for new business outreach "

What do you like best?

I like the advanced filter that allows you to locate the contacts for specific the targeted brand and job category leading yo right to the person of interest. This removes the headache of wasted time on the phone cold calling and being transferred 2-3 times before reaching the right person. With The List you are able to achieve this at a much faster rate improving sales.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the database is not allows completely accurte with the most up to date listings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend The List if you are looking to expand your sales reach and personal network.

Expanded sponsorship outreach at a much faster rate and keeps contacts organized with the advanced filter options.

The List Online review by <span>Steven P. G.</span>
Steven P. G.

"Great product, some limitations"

What do you like best?

Over 10,000 companies and 78,000 contacts are in The List Online, includes names, phone numbers, email address, and LinkedIn profiles. For some people it includes assistants and their phone numbers as well.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is up to date, while The List says they try to update every 6 months, some people might have moved on to other companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all the services including agency listings and news services.

Trying to find sponsorship leads

The List Online review by <span>Neil M.</span>
Neil M.

"Decent resource for finding brand/agency contacts"

What do you like best?

Large database, segmentation tools, filters and saved searches across team

What do you dislike?

Lots of bad data, poor integration with CRMs, hard to manage all these lists in an effective way as the actual UI is fairly clunky

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using The List Online really comes down to how valuable these contacts are. I was working a role where I specifically needed to reach out to agency and MSP contacts so the List online was a valuable resource (along with linkedin).

If this is not necessarily important to you then it may not be the right fit.

Building out prospecting lists

The List Online review by <span>Nick P.</span>
Nick P.

"Solid tool for salespeople at any level"

What do you like best?

The DailyVista is great. It keeps me posted regarding accounts and people on the move, as well as upcoming RFPs that fit my company's offering.

What do you dislike?

Contacts are not always up to date in volatile industries. This is difficult to achieve with people moving positions and organizations so frequently. Also, many contacts only have a corporate number listed rather than a direct dial, which is obviously more valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You'll know within a few weeks whether it's the right tool for you.

I'm regularly sourcing The List for contact information. I now realize the benefits of news and and new opportunities.

The List Online review by <span>Brandon S.</span>
Brandon S.

"It's like I'm a sales ninja. "

What do you like best?

I like how I can find the contact email of the decision makers in the company. It's like I can pinpoint exactly who to target for the sale.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could save companies to look at, maybe you can, not sure.

I'm finding my contacts! I'm also able to see which companies are headquartered in my region. This has been crucial in determining prospects.

The List Online review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Manager, Market Research"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, whether it's a quick client/agency search or if I'm creating more in-depth prospecting list to save for current/future use. To be able to store a search and have it automatically update current information is crucial. Daily Vista is a fantastic feature and has become a great go-to resource for industry news/information.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of contacts is sometimes off as well as agency relationship changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Searching key agency contacts by brand can be improved.

It's been very useful for prospecting by client, brand, region, brand strategies, quick media spend figures. The LinkedIn tool is an excellent feature.

The List Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Mostly reliable resource for researching leads and info on brands"

What do you like best?

The List provides reliable geographic locations of brands' HQ and satellite offices, which we use when prospecting top brands for each territory of our sales organization

What do you dislike?

website is a little clunky and sometimes hard to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trail run and check on the accuracy and details of at least a few key clients. You should most likely find it meets your needs

The List help provide our sales team with fairly accurate contact information and locations of the marketing departments of most major brands. This has helped our team become better organized and more successful at connecting with relevant sales leads.

The List Online review by <span>Anthony J.</span>
Anthony J.

"Our experience with The List Online and associated Daily Vista has exceeded our expectations! "

What do you like best?

Our favorite features include the ease of search for brand level contacts and the Daily Vista add-on.

What do you dislike?

I think that there could be a few more lower level marketing contacts included as it's their job to listen to an initial outreach.

We have been able to stay current with industry trends, new product launches and shifts in focus/spending.

The List Online review by <span>Steven S.</span>
Steven S.

"How TheListinc.com has been invaluable to me."

What do you like best?

I sell to higher level marketing people. TheList gets me to those people, usually with a valid email address and sometimes with a direct phone number. Even when the correct person is not listed, I still depend on TheList to provide me with the correct email format for the particular company that I'm targeting.

When the company is public, I can see the dollar revenue. That information is extremely important to me.

What do you dislike?

Half-seriously said, I wish every company that I target was on TheList. ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

the yearly subscription fee is well worth it!

see above

The List Online review by <span>Judie M.</span>
Judie M.

"The List is a wonderful database that makes it quick and easy way for me to do research."

What do you like best?

The List Online is very user friendly whether I am doing a quick or detailed search. It also is up to date and holds key information that I am looking for.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about The List at all.

The biggest benefits are that I can find everything I need in one place. I update our company's Salesforce Database and love that I can export directly from The List to Salesforce And when I had trouble figuring out how to export, The List was very happy and quick to help me.

The List Online review by <span>Randy N.</span>
Randy N.

"Useful tool for research"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I can open the site, do a quick search and have the info I need on a prospect within minutes. As the sole Biz Dev guy at my agency, that is critical.

What do you dislike?

Kantar data is used and I find channels, especially print, to be off. (Kantar is generally much lower in its print estimates vs. actual.)

Growing new business is my primary task and I also do research for existing clients. The List makes this simple by having the info I need easily accessible.

The List Online review by <span>Brendan S.</span>
Brendan S.

"Overall great"

What do you like best?

I love how I can see a contact's LinkedIn page on the site and go directly there from the page on The List

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search tool can be a bit slow or glitchy, but other than that, no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None! Very straightforward

We are trying to reach brand representatives to engage in conversations on sponsorships. We have had innumerable conversations because of The List

The List Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Huge time saver, a must-have for intelligence on relationships between brands and their agencies."

What do you like best?

Time saver. Amazing advanced search options as well as the depth and guaranteed accuracy of relevant contacts at national brands and their marketing / media agencies. I also love the integration with LinkedIn as it helps me see who I may already know at a targeted company in one view. I'm not having to toggle from one platform to another all the time. Love the direct dial and actual, accurate email addresses for contacts! The other thing that I love is DailyVista, their predictive model that talks about the likelihood of brands changing agencies and opening up new business opportunities has changed my world.

What do you dislike?

Not having the ability to export the quarterly media spend data that's displayed in the platform is sometimes frustrating. Its understandable, but it would be a nice thing to be able to do. I would like to be able to see more of the social media relevance for people (not just the company or brand), aside from just their LinkedIn profile. The List has Twitter and Blog links for a bunch of people, but I'd like to have facebook and even instagram there too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look at DailyVista as part of The List - it's really one of the biggest differentiators in my mind. There's really nothing else like it out there.

The List Online review by User in Computer Software

"A great asset for any sales organization "

What do you like best?

Ease of use (web based) - can access from anywhere and at anytime.

What do you dislike?

Information is not always up-to-date. I wish they would add a button for users where if you suspect a data is incorrect, you could check a box and then The List would have someone verify that the information is still correct or adjust it accordingly.

Finding contacts for early stage business development as well as media spend. It is also extremely helpful that the correct email configuration is provided so that additional contacts can be found on LinkedIn.

The List Online review by User in Information Technology and Services

"An easy to Utilize Advertising Planning Tool"

What do you like best?

The List Online gives you in-depth insight and robust information at your fingertips. The List Online applies to nearly all within the advertising/media agency world and can be incredibly helpful for deciphering difficult details around media spending and who's behind the scenes at certain agencies.

What do you dislike?

The price tag from what I last saw was pretty hefty for a subscription to The List Online.

At the agency I used The List Online, a lot of what we figured out was around the prospectus for the year for the ad agency world (trends, top companies, etc) and behind the scenes of some top competitors.

The List Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool...if you have the time"

What do you like best?

There's a ton of info in here you wouldn't otherwise have access to. It's a great prospecting tool for finding new clients and staying on top of what's going on in the industry.

What do you dislike?

You need to invest a good amount of time into this tool/prospecting if you're really going to get the benefit from it. Not "set it and forget it" enough for people who are jugging multiple things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the user will have the time and attention for this tool.

Finding new clients/opportunities for agencies

The List Online review by <span>Steve K.</span>
Steve K.

"The List is a powerful and comprehensive tool for any seller of media or marketing services."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, speed and customer service.

What do you dislike?

Out of date material, having to be super-specific in the search feature, inaccuracies matching agency personnel with the brand they work on when inside the mega-agencies (who works on what brand?).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. Saves time. Pays for itself.

Solving research issues / saving time.

Intelligence / who's doing what and when

Integration with CRM

The List Online review by <span>Samantha A.</span>
Samantha A.

"Great prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

Very accurate agency and brand info. I use The List to narrow down agencies and brands in my territory and break down who is worth going after.

What do you dislike?

Some emails are incorrect. It has happened that some email formats are incorrect across the board, but more often than not it is correct.

The quickest way to get up to date info.

The List Online review by <span>Alex G.</span>
Alex G.

"The List - User Friendly and Helpful!"

What do you like best?

The List is such a fantastic platform and very helpful to my business. I find the information to be very reliable and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more peoples' e-mails and direct phone numbers.

Giving media exposure to advertisers. Biggest benefit has been the ability to network.

The List Online review by <span>Jean-Pierre L.</span>
Jean-Pierre L.

"Best email list tool"

What do you like best?

Search tools easy to use, information is very current and web interface intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing the system meets all of our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you value accuracy and your time, woth the high price.

Building a following around our brand.

The List Online review by <span>Chelsy C.</span>
Chelsy C.

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

The list makes finding contact information for a potential client very easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that contact information isn't correct.

The List provides direct access to decision makers I have been trying to get in contract with for months, thus saving me a ton of time.

The List Online review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Search Tools "

What do you like best?

There is basic information about most companies in the database. You can search location, agency, brands, and basic spending.

What do you dislike?

Information is not current. For example it was announced weeks ago that P&G was moving to OMD and there is still old information in The List.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please update info and there are additional digital agencies that have not been sourced by The List

We utilize the List for advertising sales sourcing. It allows us to search for new business development/prospecting.

The List Online review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Great product for deep diving into your new partners"

What do you like best?

The List is fantastic for tracking movement within an association or company once you already have a lay of the land. They keep the most up-to-date records of direct reports and are crucial in establishing the pecking order

What do you dislike?

You have to have a sense of the organization before using the List. It's best to know which division you're looking for and who has power/sign-off before using the List.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So much better than sellercrowd

Identifying advertising contacts within an organization.

The List Online review by <span>Brian H.</span>
Brian H.

"Works!"

What do you like best?

The intuitiveness of the application and how easy it is to use.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the application can be a concern.

Finding prospects.

The List Online review by <span>Ben R.</span>
Ben R.

"Great for Prospecting!"

What do you like best?

Being able to find prospects within my territory is an enormous help.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more information related to agencies

I've been able to increase my prospecting outreach.

The List Online review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"The List is awesome "

What do you like best?

The Daily Vista! Super useful, easy to navigate, indormative.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is completely up to date as noted. I do also think more than just corporate contact information should be listed (I.e. Direct phone numbers).

We have been able to connect with more relevant sales leads, as well as stay informed with current industry trends.

The List Online review by <span>ronald j.</span>
ronald j.

"Researched for targeted marketing proposes"

What do you like best?

simplicity of search accurate contact information

What do you dislike?

limited company directory outdated contact

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product easy to use accurate information

identifying decision makers allocating resources to the right problems

The List Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Sales & The List Online"

What do you like best?

easy navigation and access. Daily Vista also is a great resource for leads

What do you dislike?

sometimes the contacts and/or contact info is not up to date or current

The List helps me find the proper people to speak with. It especially works nicely withLinkedIn as you can see others who may be connected to a contact found on the List but not on The List themselves

The List Online review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Love at first click"

What do you like best?

I really like the daily vista and the dashboard

What do you dislike?

Only larger companies are on there and the media spend is not always accurate

Finding appropriate people faster

Learning about The List Online?

* We monitor all The List Online reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.