MailTrack

The double-checks ✓✓ on your email for read receipts

Work for MailTrack?

Learning about MailTrack?

MailTrack Reviews

Ask MailTrack a Question
Showing 31 MailTrack reviews
MailTrack review by <span>Aman T.</span>
Aman T.

"A useful tool to have around"

What do you like best?

This is a tool that will help you keep track of your emails very precisely. See delivery check, read check, read again notification and that makes it the best tool. It integrates very well with gmail. Never had any issues using this tool, no lags or hanging problem, no downtime at all, read receipt or read notification in this case is very instant. Provides information if an email is read multiple times by a recipient which certainly helps in providing insight if the recipient is interested in your message and the proposition it carries. Moreover, the recipient wont know that the sender is receiving updates about every time he or she reads an email. I see this as a very useful tool for my profession and will very likely suggest to every one. I have implemented it throughout my team and off course we have achieved better results with mailtrack.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Simple and elegant. This is the simplest tool you can have to track your emails. Integrates well and keeps users updated with track reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that can keep track of mails this is the one for you. Wait till you see few more features and assess how useful it can be.

I can keep track if my mail is read and how many times it is read. Provides insight if the candidate is interested in the message.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MailTrack
MailTrack review by <span>Van Thu N.</span>
Van Thu N.

"Best entry level solution to mail tracking!"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is great. They had a deal where if you signed up for premium it is good for three different emails. For such a great deal! I didn't know how to apply the extension to three separate emails without opening new accounts with Mailtrack so I contacted their support team and they were quick to respond and sent me clear instructions.

What do you dislike?

If there are multiple people on the email, it's hard to tell who opened it unless the recipient also has Mailtrack. But if they have a mail tracking blocker than there's no way to know if they opened the email. That has been a problem when my business partner previously had a blocker and I didn't know if he read my email or the prospective client. So he had to remove his blocker so I can distinguish between people who opened it. Mailtrack is a good basic mail tracking app, there are better ones that are more robust, but costs more than double. The free version comes with their watermark and of course, I prefer people not to know I use Mailtrack unless it's someone from my team. So I upgraded to premium to remove the watermark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great entry-level solution for your team in improving communications and the sales process. That way, you don't annoy someone who hasn't had a chance to open your email and you can tell if someone is just ignoring you or putting your email on the side burner so you can follow up at the right time. This app helps me determine their behavior (how frequently one checks email and how soon they open after I send) and if I want to work with this person and if they are trustworthy.

This is a great Gmail app extension. It helps me know when to follow up with people and instead of wondering if they've read my email or not, Mailtrack alerts me in real time on my desktop and in my email if they've opened my email or clicked on the links I sent. No more guessing on my end and it helps with the sales process. It's much more affordable than other apps. Great for small businesses and start-ups.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

MailTrack review by <span>My N.</span>
My N.

"Mailtrack is a powerful tool to calm your anxiety"

What do you like best?

Mailtrack is very helpful in checking if your email reaches the recipient. I use it every single time I send out an email, because I tend to get very impatient if I have not heard from the recipient. I do not know if I can cmmunicate the information or not. With Mailtrack I know if they receieve and read my emails yet, which means if my information is delivered to the person yet. I also recommend Mailtrack to a lot of college students, because they are the one who should use Mailtrack first!! when applying for jobs, it will help with anxiety when you dont hear from an employer. Using mailtrack, you know whether the manager/employer is too busy and havent had time to read your email, so you should follow up with them. Or they just simply ignore you. Or you just have not reached them yet. Mailtrack comes in so handy in the application process/job searching process.

What do you dislike?

Only one thing. It has ad :( I know I am enjoying it free so ad should be a normal thing. But it seems like Mailtrack has more ads than other free software (different functions though). Every email ad pops up and I have to turn it off. MAiltrack is still wonderful for its help though. It's just it will get so much better if it's without ad. I know I am asking for a lot.

Like I said above, I have been using mailtrack to make sure if my information is communicated. I get very unproductive if I cannot be sure if the other person hears what I want to communicate.

MailTrack review by User

"Improving my messaging and response rate"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see who has opened my emails and with what frequency. This allows me to decipher whether it's my messaging or the audience that needs improvement. For example, I can try different email subject hooks to find which gets a greater response rate -or- simply identify who from my clients and partners are the most engaged with me. Those who aren't engaged, I will be able to see and follow-up with either in-person or over the phone. I can tailor my service and work to their needs better.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the data and intel I'm provided, I dislike having to remove the MailTrack link every time I send an email. Additionally, in Outlook, when I receive an email from a colleague using MailTrack, their "image" doesn't download, which aesthetically bothers me. These may be things I need to change in my settings but those are the only "issues" I have with the product. Additionally, I am unable to track multiple emails sent in a mail merge (for example). Lastly, I found that the individual "unread" emails added to certain conversations were just static and unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not getting a good response or read rate, try different titles to experiment with what gets a higher response!

I can tailor my messaging much better and attain a higher read-rate with MailTrack. I can also tailor my mode of communication with certain clients and partners to better suit their learning and response needs.

MailTrack review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"MailTrack email tracking"

What do you like best?

I like that I can view when and how many times a client or contractor read and email or clicked a link. This has helped us in collecting invoices, closing sales, and ensuring proper training of contractors (we can see if they read the training materials). The cost for mailtrack is only $50 a month, a small fraction of the cost of what we used to use -- Hubspot. We aren't paying for more than we need, and can use that money elsewhere on things like our event management software or our CRM.

What do you dislike?

A big issue is that we cannot track through Gmail and there is no mail app. Another problem is that if there are more than two recipients, we do not know who read the email.

We can close faster and see if someone is more interested in one service than other based on amount of clicks to links.

MailTrack review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"See who and when somebody read your mails"

What do you like best?

About how efficient MailTrack is, we send tons of mails to contacts, clients, students, suppliers and with this tool can tell who take the time to open and read our e-mails and who just ignored them. Helps alot to keep our database updatated.

I also like that Mailtrack has the free option for use the product. Passing the mouse over the green double check shows the time the person read the e-mail and the time and how many times read it, that option is more useful that people can imagine.

What do you dislike?

At first was not very happy about the "mark": send with Mailtrack, but then we realize in the company that if people see it in their e-mails going to know that we are tracking our customers and suppliers and would think twice about ignoring our e-mails, it changed things for us.

Having some problems with e-mails open with Outlook, the tracking didn't work and issues also with e-mails open with a different mail that is not Gmail. With Gmail works perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for big companies, small companies, small bussiness, personal use. If you want to know if people read your e-mails, then use Mailtrack.

We had problems with a costumer, needing a certification of payments, we didn't know if they were reading the e-mails or what, that was the firts time use Mailtrack, thanks to that, could see the customer saw all the e-mails, but just decide ignore them.

MailTrack review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

"An accurate and seamless mail-open tracker!"

What do you like best?

MailTrack has both a free and premium version, with the latter offering more features and the ability to remove the auto-signature ("Sent with MailTrack") from emails (you can manually delete it, but it does get a bit annoying after a while). Regardless, though, of whether you choose basic or premium, MailTrack is an awesome way to track who opens your emails, whether they click on links in your email, how many times and with what technology (browser/OS) they use, etc.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the free version does not allow you to remove the auto signature ("Sent with MailTrack") Then again, the company does need to make money in some way!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in search of a great way to track your emails and make your email behavior more efficient/educated, MailTrack is for you! While the options for tracking emails sent to multiple recipients is a bit limited (the premium version definitely presents more options for this), it is very accurate for one-off emails.

When I email business contacts, I can now see if their non-response is a likely result of them not even opening the email, or if it is because they really dont want to respond. Though I am not in a sales-focused role, this still helps with navigating relationships and growing my network.

MailTrack review by <span>Dhruv D.</span>
Dhruv D.

""Gives me better insights in real time!""

What do you like best?

The response rate is really fast, i usually use it to send mail of collaboration. The feature that tells the time after which the mail was read and how many times my mail actually opened, gives me really a good picture of whether the receiver will be a conversion or not!

What do you dislike?

The thing i dislike about mail track is even when i open the mail , i attached mailtrack with, it gives me an alert for the same, which often collides with the very motive of the extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

really awesome extension for all people in the sales and collaboration sector of any company!

I being a part of Entrepreneurship Cell, have to shot mails for collaborations and partnerships etc.

This Tool hence plays an essential role in doing the same.

MailTrack review by <span>Angela B.</span>
Angela B.

"The most precise mail tracking add-on"

What do you like best?

With mail track it's very easy to learn whether the recipient has opened your email or not. This is a great way to know when, how and if you should follow-up on the conversation.

What do you dislike?

Notifications are not always correct or timely. Otherwise, it's absolutely great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mail tracking is a real lifesaver in email communication. If you're not using one, you should be.

With Mailtrack I always know if clients or partners have opened the messages I've sent them. This helps to make sure that the important information has been read and will be reacted upon accordingly.

MailTrack review by User in Computer Software

"Brilliant - wish I had found it sooner"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Helps with sales efforts in that we know when is an appropriate time to reach the user for the second time.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way of having email received the confirmation sent to a different email. The current process makes the inbox cluttered. If Mailtrack is reading this review, please consider giving the user a different email account option to receive these notifications from Mailtrack

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent service and super easy to use!

It helps me track when a colleague or client has opened my first email. If an email has not been read for a few days I know that I should follow up and make sure they received my emails

MailTrack review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

"Awesome for knowing when your mail is received!"

What do you like best?

I like how about 9/10 times this is fairly accurate! It works great when someone reads your email and the time frame they email it. Hard to say they never received!

What do you dislike?

I do not like when you send to multiple users you need to upgrade to see who has actually opened up your email among those it was sent to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! If you need a program to track your emails this would be it!

This allows me to ensure that my corespondents are receiving my emails and opening them in a timely manner.

MailTrack review by <span>Matt B.</span>
Matt B.

"Scheduling Confirmation"

What do you like best?

I don't have to wait around for days to wonder if a response is coming or if the email has not even been received due to an address error.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I love how you can see how many times the email has been opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very useful platform with many platforms.

I am constantly scheduling and confirming. Many times I am not sure if a message has reached an individual and knowing this allows me to follow up or to find a new way of contact.

MailTrack review by <span>Nancy (Anne) H.</span>
Nancy (Anne) H.

"I love it"

What do you like best?

Takes the mystery of out email delivery and response. Great tool.

What do you dislike?

A bit buggy. Sometimes it just disappears for no reason at all (that I can tell.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't because I don't want them to know about it yet, If people know their emails are being tracked it skews the results. A Catch 22 for Mailtrack. Sorry to say.

Who and when someone opens my email

MailTrack review by User in Computer Software

"A great tool to help with cool or cold sales leads "

What do you like best?

Ability to track opens! This is a really great tool for companies looking to generate new sales and particularly if you are a company who has very little product identification and/or word of mouth generated.

What do you dislike?

The sentence you have to delete at the end of the email that states "sent with mailtrack" - totally defeats the purpose

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are start up or just beginning business, relying on word of mouth and email marketing as well as sales, instead of an already loyal foundation, this is extremely helpful to not wating your time and knowing who will at last give you clicks/interest and a better probability of a close.

Reaching out to cool or cold leads and being able to identify warmer ones

MailTrack review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Great tracking system for free!"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can easily see when someone has read your message. I've had many clients state they never received an email from me and with this software, I can tell when they've read it and from what device! I even get a notification pop-up!

What do you dislike?

Because the basic service is free, after so many times you send an email, it will pop up offering you to buy the annual package...super annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for tracking emails, and if you are okay with clicking the close box every time you send and email

Ensuring clients get the emails from us and read them. Employees too!

MailTrack review by <span>Sam C.</span>
Sam C.

"Basic Email Tracking"

What do you like best?

It installs in seconds and can be used with gmail. You can see if the email received opened the email or not right from the inbox without having to click on anything.

What do you dislike?

the free version is so annoying, comes with ads and they keep sending a reminder to upgrade almost everyday! Of Course we purchased mailtrack but the trial period was annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you test it out do not use your company email. The free version is annoying.Once you decide mailtrack is for you then pay for it and use it with your corporate email.

We needed to report on our emails (opened, open rate, etc) without having to create separate reports and waste time.

MailTrack review by <span>Charlotte S.</span>
Charlotte S.

"A+"

What do you like best?

This is definitely one of my preferred apps for tracking. I like that it is very simple and easy to use!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I wish that if emailing multiple people, I'd like to see who specifically opened, rather than "opened by 1 person on mac" etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a download.

I'm able to see when my contacts have received my e-mail and how many times they've opened it. It definitely helps my work process with following up and knowing when to contact.

MailTrack review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple, great email tracking right within gmail"

What do you like best?

Very integrated, shows you the read/clicked status right within gmail. Can see when, how many times they opened on which devices, also what links they clicked

What do you dislike?

A couple times it has not worked until I restarted my Chrome. Would be nice to see who has opened when there are multiple senders, but I think this is a technological problem that is impossible to solve without sending the email once to each person.

Seeing if clients have opened proposals, how ,many times they click on a link.

MailTrack review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Ambivalent Feelings on MailTrack"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see who opens the emails I send.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure how reliable the program is. On more than one occasion, a split second after I send an email I get a notification alerting me that the email was read when I know it's completely impossible. For example, I will send an email to a client at midnight and I know for a fact that that client is sleeping and definitely did not open the email. This has happened a number of times so I'm questioning the reliability of the software.

The benefits (when the program is working properly) are that I know when someone has read an email I've sent. I know, then, when to follow up, among other things.

MailTrack review by <span>Alvaro L.</span>
Alvaro L.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

When I found out about this MailTrack, my client conversations in my business got way better. The fact of being able to discover who was "lying" about reading your mails was pretty useful.

What do you dislike?

I can't find any dislikes for the moment

Getting useful info from read mails from clients. Once we did a mailing and we got a 100% read mails. It was nice having that feedback so quick.

MailTrack review by <span>Jonathan M.</span>
Jonathan M.

"Very Good Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, alerts, simple interface, very good integration with gmail.

What do you dislike?

Can't seem to track by individual recipient.

Tracking to see who is opening my email and when to follow-up with that person.

MailTrack review by User in Internet

"MailTrack is a great tool"

What do you like best?

It's great that i can see at a glance whether an email is opened and get instant updates. Being able to see whether someone clicked on a link is invaluable as well

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to pay for the signature to be removed. Having it there is kind of creepy. Maybe you can swap that for another feature - for example the instant notifications. I also don't like that it seems to add

Tracking email opens and clicks from clients. We are better able to gauge a client's responsiveness and engagement with our product

MailTrack review by <span>Adeola O. A.</span>
Adeola O. A.

"Mail track - productivity tool"

What do you like best?

It helps decision making by ensuring that I know if my email is delivered to the intended recipient. And more importantly, when it is opened and read by the recipient.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Mailtrack. It meets my business needs just fine...

Communication evaluation - tracking team performance.

MailTrack review by <span>Belal H.</span>
Belal H.

"Very useful and informative software I have ever used for tracking mails"

What do you like best?

Its outstanding feature to inform the time when any mail is opened

What do you dislike?

I don't like its ad part that disturb me.

I'm solving email marketing problems with MailTrack. Its awesome features to inform the time when mail is opened helped me a lot.

MailTrack review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"The best email tracking"

What do you like best?

Is one app that just only make that, track emails. Its simply and for me is a good thing.

What do you dislike?

If you configure good the notifications there are any problem

As exemple for budget proposals.

MailTrack review by User in Computer Software

"Have been throughly enjoying it"

What do you like best?

I'm currently on the basic plan to test it out. So far, its been great for tracking emails. The best part is the no cap on the number of emails tracked for free users.

What do you dislike?

Even though, it is great, it is not always accurate and will be misleading sometime. Wish had a mobile app and the ability to track multiple recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use other means too

Very easy to follow up. Higher ROI.

MailTrack review by User in Higher Education

"Mailtrack Performance Review"

What do you like best?

It is faster than most trackers I've used.

What do you dislike?

Many a times, due to some technical glitch all my mail receipts showed erroneous records.

Location is also not displayed.

Compared to other trackers, mailtrack is more faster and responsive.

MailTrack review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Works well for me! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to see when my emails are read

What do you dislike?

Only works well on gmail and is difficult to find an alternative for other mail hubs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the software works well with the systems you're using

Trying to help perfect the communications within our business. I love being able to see when emails are read to know when situations are being handled

MailTrack review by <span>Miguel R.</span>
Miguel R.

"Perfect"

What do you like best?

its a beautiful and useful tool for sales

What do you dislike?

i have nothing to say that dislike me for this tool

Open mails checker

MailTrack review by <span>David F.</span>
David F.

"Terrible programming"

What do you like best?

Free extension, easily configures for Gmail with Chrome.

What do you dislike?

Cannot distinguish between user and recipient, repeats notifications fro no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better similar products are available.

I am a SME business consultant and recommend products for better customer responsiveness and CRM. We will not be endorsing use of this product.

MailTrack review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"mailtrack review"

What do you like best?

How quickly it sets up to my gmail and syncs all my contacts

What do you dislike?

Some of the icons and the user interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to setup and use.

Trying to see how many emails are being opened and read.

Learning about MailTrack?

* We monitor all MailTrack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.