The Receptionist

The Receptionist

The Receptionist for iPad is a visitor management solution that tracks office visitor traffic with a customizable check-in system that includes SMS, email, and two-way communications along with badge printing.

Work for The Receptionist?

Learning about The Receptionist?

The Receptionist Reviews

Ask The Receptionist a Question
Showing 96 The Receptionist reviews
The Receptionist review by Dani H.
Dani H.

"Awesome software! "

What do you like best?

The Receptionist facilitates fast sign-in, is easy to use, and looks sleek. I've received numerous compliments from clients and others who visit our office! The software allows you to search for an employee contact and even attach a picture to each - a feature I think a lot of people appreciate. It also allows integration with a badge printer for fast and easy visitor badge printing, a necessity at our office's secure facility.

What do you dislike?

Navigation can get a little confusing at times - particularly from screen to screen if you have to go backwards in the sign-in process - but other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this software!

It's so easy to keep track of everyone in the building and who they're with, something my boss was very intent on, seeing as we work in cybersecurity. It makes my job as the front desk coordinator easy - I can even check people out after they've left if they forget. I appreciate having a control dashboard to work from and edit in real time if necessary, and the customer service is super responsive.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about The Receptionist
The Receptionist review by Ryan O.
Ryan O.

"Love the Receptionist!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the receptionist is the badge printing. Previously, we didn't have any real way to tell who was a registered visitor in my building. Now it's quick and easy!... and automated!

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot that I dislike about The Receptionist, but I do think that there are a few things that can be improved on. We are a school, and right now the software is really marketed and designed for a business. I'd like to see some more features designed specifically for the types of uses that schools need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for schools who want an inexpensive front desk solution.

In my school we are using The Receptionist to sign in visitors, print badges for them, and keep track of who is in the building. We are also using it for late student arrivals who sign in and have a late pass printed for them to take to their teacher. This really frees up our person who is at the front desk to do other things!

What Visitor Management solution do you use?

The Receptionist review by John G.
John G.

"Reliable and effective at doing what I need it to do"

What do you like best?

I like that it reliably does what I need it to do- which is to be the patient/client check in system in a multi-practitioner co-working medical space. The interface is clear and simple to use from the end user standpoint and the backend is easy to use and customize on the administrator side.

What do you dislike?

It is clearly designed for single businesses that have multiple employees vs. what I'm using it for which is multiple businesses in a co-working environment. For example, to add a new doctor, I have to add them as a new employee even though they are completely independent and have their own company name. I'm able to make it work anyway- but it would be nice if there was a simple toggle in the interface to switch between a single business with multiple employees to a co-working setup with multiple independent businesses that typically have only one or two people per business.

In my case it is acting as the patient check-in system in a medical co-working space. I am currently using it without a live receptionist. If I do decide to add a live receptionist at some point- I would still probably use the check-in system still.

The Receptionist review by Seema D.
Seema D.

"Perfect lobby receptionist replacement"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the log in screen and the different rules you can create really enhance the overall experience of the application. The app is simple but has a variety of options that make it ideal for different companies and the situations they would use it for.

What do you dislike?

So far no complaints from our users or visitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is a great way to modernize and clean up the front reception area in your company. From package deliveries, food deliveries, interview check in's and more, this app does all the standard greeting and informative routines a normal receptionist would do.

We have replaced our front desk receptionist completely with The Receptionist. To eliminate a role and open up budgets for other departments has been great. We use the app to sign guests in, contact employees for lunch deliveries, and even use the app to keep track of our cleaning crews check in's and check out's.

The Receptionist review by Molly T.
Molly T.

"The Receptionist is a GAME CHANGER!"

What do you like best?

It has revamped our front desk area. We were in between receptionist and trying to figure out the front desk solution best. We stumbled upon this program, and we haven't looked back. It has streamlined our check in process for the multiple companies in our one space. It is very easy to setup and edit as companies change!

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues with the Receptionist. They are always changing the interface and backend to make it easier for the consumer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They allow a trial period that helped us determine if this product was right for us. I love that we didn't just have to dive in head first. Highly recommend you taking advantage of the trial period. Also take advantage of their great customer service. They helped walk me through set up to maximize the features of the product! Truly great costumer service!

We did not have a need for a full-time receptionist, but did need a solution for checking guests in. We have multiple companies in one space and this has eliminated visitors wondering around trying to find the correct person.

The Receptionist review by Nobuko K.
Nobuko K.

"People Love the Receptionist"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist is very simple to use but covers thoroughly what all is needed at the reception area.

What do you dislike?

There are people who is afraid of technology and a few of courier personnel does not like to use iPad and always leave delivery items without signatures on the counter or take it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this to any industry. This is not just a convenient tool but great for the company’s branding image. Also good for an individual employee to take care of their own need, not replying too much on someone in charge of front desk.

The Receptionist has brought us a lots of benefit that I can't name all. All visitor loves this quick check-in with NDA signature, especially people comes in for job interviews, they feel good already about us with this high tech receptionist! Also to take care of their own visitors or delivery items with direct contact by the Receptionist helps to save others time whose desk is closer to the door.

The Receptionist review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Perfect hands-off solution for visitor management"

What do you like best?

The ability to "set it and forget it", while being sure that all visitor information is being accurately captured and all individuals are being notified of visitors. The Receptionist has solved many problems for us, but the biggest has been the ability to deploy multiple stations within the building. We have multiple entrances for visitors, and sometimes individuals will leave at different locations. The Receptionist's native cloud integration has made check-in and check-out radically simple for all of our visitors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of API integration for tasks such as visitor log queries and configuration changes. It would be great to work this solution into a more automated workflow. Re-printing tags has also been an issue: when there is an issue with a printer, there is currently no way to reprint a visitor tag, you must sign the user out and have them re check-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you purchase the correct labels if you are using printers!

Our organization holds many certifications that require a strict visitor management policy, which includes logs of all visitors in and out of the building. The Receptionist has made this task ridiculously easy, and has even added benefits such as delivery driver check-in, and visitor agreements.

The Receptionist review by Tamara B.
Tamara B.

"Most reliable employee we've ever had! "

What do you like best?

I love the feature of being able to communicate with the person who is signing in, especially with the standard response replies. Our agency is a probation department with an in-house drug testing lab. We have a significant number of individuals coming and going throughout the day. Our Receptionist in a Box allows individuals to notify their probation officer or the Lab Tech know they are here. This allows our officers to reply back to the probationer with standard responses such as "You are free to leave After you have provided a drug test today" or "Have a seat and I will be with you shortly" (or we can even customize a response to give a specific instruction. Our probationers love the system as well as it allows them to be seen in the order in which they arrived. Also, the customer service is absolutely amazing!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see change would be to provide automated responses when an employee is out sick or on vacation. Having to go into each probation officer's account to add an additional person for contact is somewhat time consuming and tedious. It would be nice if there were an app on our phones that would allow a probation officer to "check out" of the office and designate a standard response or person to give the probationer direction in their absence. Also, due to our high-volume of individuals using the instrument, sometimes there are few people in line to use the instrument. If one person signs in and another one signs in immediately after, the first person won't get the response from the probation officer; however, the probation officer doesn't realize the message wasn't received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have recommended this product to another probation department, who have implemented it as well and are very satisfied. Their administrative assistant retired and they were able to implement this product in their department while using the money from the vacated position to hire another probation officer instead.

We average 100 individuals per day checking into our probation department that are signing in on our Receptionist. This allows our administrative assistant time to do her job without the constant interruptions. It also allows for seamless check-in processes while the administrative assistant is away from her desk or out of the office.

The Receptionist review by Stacia K.
Stacia K.

"Get Fancy!"

What do you like best?

I love The Receptionist App. It makes us look Fancy at our office. We have a small office and it makes us look good to have a system in place to have our customers text the person they are looking for to meet. It was easy to setup and customize to our brand.

What do you dislike?

Don't have anything bad to say. I don't dislike anything about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time with other apps that are unresponsive and just plain suck!! The Receptionist is the best!

Problem was we don't have a receptionist or need a live person to greet people. Our agents are in and out of the office. The app helps connect the person waiting to the person they are looking for no matter where they are by texting them and they can be in contact. .

"Excellent application"

What do you like best?

Wonderful application that is easy to set up and great web interface tool. I love the fact that I can log into my own iPad and mirror what is happening at my Branch locations.

What do you dislike?

The only things that I can say that I dislike at this time could be the lack of integration into Google Hangouts which is what our Teams use to communicate via chat. The Bulk upload functionality does not allow for the identification of the specific Branch that they are to be located. It was such a pain to track down users to wait for them to be activated to assign them to the appropriate Branch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please get Google integration ASAP!!!

More effective way for Employees to be notified when a visitor has arrived,either through email, chat and/or text, when they are on the phone or away from their desk.

Visitors want acknowledgement of their arrival, so they are not left waiting unnecessarily or having to walk back to the bullpen to be assisted.

The Receptionist review by Miriam S.
Miriam S.

"The receptionist needs to be cross platform."

What do you like best?

The Receptionist is intuitive and very much easy to setup.I like that this integrates with our Slack and our in-house printer too and this makes The Receptionist unique from its contemporaries.For visitors to my organization ,The receptionist enable them bypass the different bureaucracy in the office space and communicate directly with the member of staff they have come to see.

What do you dislike?

Non availability on any other device apart from the Apple IPad is the only weak point with this software.Will be great if The receptionist can be made available on other devices and Operating systems.

We use The receptionist to maintain an efficient record of visitors coming in and out of my organization,while also reducing the workload on our human receptionists.Also makes it easier for visitors to find any member of staff they seek faster than they would,without this program.

The Receptionist review by Andy R.
Andy R.

"Great Signin Recetionist Software!"

What do you like best?

We like the programmable interface which allows us to customize it to fit our member base. Our members and student participation have different requirements when logging in. We were able to overcome those requirements given the flexibility of the software

What do you dislike?

We would still like to see barcoding as this would greatly help us in the preregistration and sign-in process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at a lot of different solutions and this one had the most of the requirements I was looking for. I chose them as they are open to continuing in the development of their product.

The ability to customize the interface and have multiple sign-in devices and printers, has helped us in processing larger crowds for meetings and events.

The Receptionist review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

Works with a badge printer to help ensure visitor compliance. It is easy for package handlers to check in to drop of packages. You can check in to one person, or do an employee check in.

What do you dislike?

Some changes can only be in the app others only in the web app. The application would freeze up sometimes and shut down, allowing access to the IPAD is it installed on.

PCI Compliance. Compliance states that all visitors must check in with and wear a badge for the time they are here. This solves both of those compliance requirements with an easy to use system.

The Receptionist review by Don T.
Don T.

"Effective and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Professional, if configured simply it's easy for guests to understand. Works great with the full sized iPad Pro.

What do you dislike?

When you have multiple departments and divisions, it can get confusing for guests. I'd like to record my own announcements instead of the machine generated ones. I'd also like to throw it to a larger touchscreen display. A Windows or Linux version of the app would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it.

Better tracking of visitors in the building both for emergencies and logging. Requiring signing of NDA's is great too. Plus, if the human receptionist isn't available, guests can still check in and notify the people they're here to see, instead of waiting for someone to walk by.

The Receptionist review by Angela F.
Angela F.

"We love The Receptionist"

What do you like best?

Having a digital record of all of our visitors, which includes their picture. This used to be a written log kept by the guard. Now we have daily reports sent to the guard instead.

Customization - we created a button for employees, who lose or forget their badges, to borrow a loaner and notify their supervisor that they don't have it.

2 way chat and SMS notifications are great for those who are away from their desks.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't know of anything that we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at several Digital Receptionist companies, but this one was the most reasonable, easy to use, and has offered excellent customer service.

Eliminating the need for us to print and keep a manual written log on paper.

Making people accountable for keeping up with their badges, and notifying their sup when they lose them.

Directly notifying each person regarding their visitor rather that having the guard attempt to reach them.

No paper file storage of visitor logs

The Receptionist review by Anthony M.
Anthony M.

"Excellent product and utility, great for small businesses!"

What do you like best?

Our company is not large enough to keep a dedicated receptionist at our lobby, so instead our purchasing individual was always getting the door and putting in a subsequent page. This product has completely resolved this issue.

In the past it was a tad clunky in response, requiring you to use your email or go to a weblink, but now they have fully integrated cell phones, so you can simply reply with a text message. This allows users to notify their guest arrivals no matter where they are in the factory, not requiring them to be at a PC to respond. Had that feature still not been implemented, this review would have been a 6 or 7. But that feature, due to its fluidity, is solely worth the 3 extra stars.

What do you dislike?

This product is not compatible with Android devices! We suffered through and purchased a dreaded Apple product. Honestly, this is my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price per function is very good.

We have taken the load off an individual who was not hired to do a Receptionist job, as well as streamlined customer check ins and food deliveries. Instead of paging the whole facility and hoping the appropriate individual is notified, they get a text message straight to their cell phone.

The Receptionist review by Laura F.
Laura F.

"The Receptionist lets the rest of us do our work!"

What do you like best?

We have no one in our Foundation's lobby, and as someone who sits closest to the lobby, I found myself "playing receptionist" for everyone who came in, whether it was a donor, a meeting with one of my colleagues, or just someone who came in to ask a question. The Receptionist has given me the ability to worry about my job again, while letting the app find the right person for our visitors.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if some of our buttons were just "one touch". Right now someone hits "Make a Donation" and then they have to answer a minimum of one question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We got the bundle with the floor stand and it works great.

One of the benefits we've realized is that it gives us some data on who is coming in. For example, it quantifies our walk ins.

The Receptionist review by CURTiS B.
CURTiS B.

"Great layout of features"

What do you like best?

I like that there's a one-time info collection for first time check-ins, makes checking in seem less after that point.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that email is required and phone numbers are not. It would be nice to have either choice for both email and phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have physical log books for check-ins, I highlyrecommend you switch to The Receptionist. Not only does it manage check-ins, but in case of emergency, it will show you who is still checked into your company. That is a very valuable tool to have.

We are moving away from physical log books.

The Receptionist review by Bill C.
Bill C.

"Great Experience Overall"

What do you like best?

We have been using this software for almost 2 years now and overall, the experience has been great. When we first purchased the app, we were using it for the basic check-in/check-out feature. As time has gone on, we have started to use some of the many features associated with the app.

The picture taking, and badge printing is a great feature. Also, being able to customize the buttons, as well as adding our company logo, is one of the reasons we decided to go with this app, out of many others that are out there.

Anytime that I have had issues and needed to reach their support team, a response from them was given very quickly. They were always nice, professional, educated on the product.

Lastly, the company strives to continue to make this app great by taking recommendations on improvements, and keeps their users updated by emailing out what is going on with the app, and any new features they have created, or are in the process of looking into.

I would highly recommend this app for any company that is looking for a streamlined process of recording their visitor’s check-ins and check-outs.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about this app. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the navigation within the portal, However, their support, whether through the knowledge base, or through chat, you will quickly be able to find the answer, if you are having trouble finding something.

With this app, it takes our company from the old visitor log book, and puts us into the digital age. It also helps us if we need to go back within the log or see a picture of who may have checked in. Lastly, with the badge printing, it adds a layer of security, so we know who is a visitor while they are walking around the office.

The Receptionist review by Rana J.
Rana J.

"Made life simple..."

What do you like best?

The ability to check our clients in with the customizable app that The Receptionist customer service gladly helped me with.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! I was well received as a prospect, turned into a customer simply by excellent customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, know who is coming in and out of your business with ease!

Being able to customize The Receptionist to our wellness studio needs made life so much simpler. Clients come in, sign in on the iPad, the trainer is notified that they have arrived with a Slack message and boom, everything is in place. Happily.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"A truly great product"

What do you like best?

I love The Receptionist, it allows our front desk security guards to focus on the security aspect of their job of checking ID's and it allows for screening of unexpected visitors for our employees. It has made for a much smoother and more efficient check in process for our guests.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing yet that I dislike about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

not only is there product easy to use and maintain but whenever I have an issue or have to troubleshoot something they are very quick to help find a solution. they are kind, patient, and very customer friendly.

It has lessened the check in/sign in time for guests and visitors. It is very professional looking and everyone loves it.

The Receptionist review by Avneet K.
Avneet K.

"Working as expected, delivers as promised"

What do you like best?

It works as expected, no issues with user interface or from admin interface so far.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that is a little annoying is the chat back feature not sure if I'm doing somthing wrong or the interface times out quick, do not get it from phone message but by the time get to interface it seems to time out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended this to other offices with similar setup.

Due to office location and size make it easy for guests to find who they are looking for and receive delivery. As we do not have reception it makes it easy to manage delivery and meetings

The Receptionist review by Doug F.
Doug F.

"Excellent product for office compliance and visitor traceability"

What do you like best?

The tool eliminates the need for an employee receptionist, yet still achieves our compliance requirements for visitor check in, check out, and traceability. Not to mention auto notifications via SMS and email when a visitor checks in.

What do you dislike?

We'd like the additional capability for a visitor to scan their drivers license.

We don't have a need for a full time employee filling a receptionist role, yet we have a need for visitor check in and out, as well as logging.

The Receptionist review by Smit P.
Smit P.

"Best Visitor Management"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist was very easy to setup, configure and roll out. There are many features available such as integration with slack and printer connectivity which makes this solution unique compared to others. From a visitors stand point this system is very easy to use and allows interaction with the people they are visiting.

What do you dislike?

The receptionist is only available on an iPad, this is it's biggest downfall and limitation. They can also work on adding more system integrations like slack competitors.

The Receptionist allows us to simplify management of our visitors. It also acts a point of contact in case of an emergency.

The Receptionist review by Shaun H.
Shaun H.

"Simply simple. Simply awesome."

What do you like best?

Real people actually like using this, it's a breeze for visitors, and a breeze for IT to setup. Sends SMS and email, and also integrates with Slack.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. We would like to see integration with Microsoft Teams as well as the existing Slack integration.

We wanted something 'smart' in the foyer to welcome visitors and handle deliveries. We had a telephone, but you'd be surprised how many people can't seem to look up a contact list and dial a number. The Receptionist distills this down to a couple of taps, and real feedback from visitors is 'its easy' and it just works.

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great Product for the Price!!"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of setting up the solution, it literally took minutes to get the system online and ready for use.The text message letting you know you have a visitor waiting is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

We would like more flexibility with what questions are asked for sign in. It would also be great to have people who have signed in before, to have their information populate as they begin to register from past sign in information so they don't have to fill all the required information again, have the system recognize a visitor that has been here before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definately take advantage of the free trial. You can get everything worked out easily in one day.

We are a data center so security and records of who entered the facility are important. We require sign in when entering the building.

The Receptionist review by Lisa V.
Lisa V.

"Driver Check In Log"

What do you like best?

I love that this requires a signature and time stamps everything. I also like the fact that I can print the logs when customers request driver check in times.

What do you dislike?

So far there is really nothing that I dislike about the Receptionist

Drivers had a tenancy to not check in or write down inaccurate check in times. The receptionist tracks accurate time drivers arrive, and allows us to show our customers that a driver was behind schedule and not us.

Since our customer ratings can be hit due to timeliness, this has saved us on numerous occasions, by proving the carrier was behind schedule and not our company.

The Receptionist review by RANDY T.
RANDY T.

"Great for our small school"

What do you like best?

We use The Receptionist as our main check in and out for students. So easy to find arrival and departure times for our students.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to set up, but that was more a problem with how the district has the internet locked down than the product.

Knowing when students are in or out of the building and the time they have spent in the building.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Works great - very satisfied."

What do you like best?

Super easy to roll out and configure. Support is excellent and receptive to system modifications. Administration is easy. I love the real time chat feature with the visitor. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a virtual receptionist.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of much I don't like. Very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to roll out. Only took a couple days to get completely set up and rolled out. Give yourself a little time to get familiar with it.

Enables us to track our visitor log easily. Opened up our receptionist to be able to do other tasks and not to have to sit at the front desk all the time.

The Receptionist review by Ronald G.
Ronald G.

"Easy installation, Great app and Incredible support !"

What do you like best?

The customer service is incredible, competent staff are available at any time to help and support.

also just added a bilingualism beta version which is a must in a bilingual province (Quebec)

What do you dislike?

The badge layout could need some improvement ( layout Design )

Makes our company even more professional and with the ITAR and controlled goods requirements it helps track all visitors in and out .

The Receptionist review by Shira G.
Shira G.

"Effective, but not great"

What do you like best?

The system was easy to set up, and easy to integrate with our companies slack channel. I also love the delivery feature with the top couriers pre-programmed.

What do you dislike?

The printer caused a lot of issues, and needed constant trouble shooting. It was also challenging to contact our guests once they had pinged us.

Solved making guests call their contact and wait downstairs until they got in touch with them. Was defnitly a better process for our clients since we dont have a receptionist. We also require security tags, and the printer was good for that, although very temperamental and often didnt work,

The Receptionist review by Hannah C.
Hannah C.

"Works fine for our business - in most scenarios"

What do you like best?

I like the ease on the back end to change interface and update contacts. It takes only a few minutes to solve issues with the iPad and software itself.

What do you dislike?

I would like the capability of calling our employees whenever someone is there to see them, rather than solely relying on email and text.

It's saved us from having to hire a full-time receptionist.

"Not worth it :( "

What do you like best?

Not much. I feel like this is pointless in my office. I have expressed my concerns with the Receptionist team and they just blow it off and tell me how valuable the tool is. The tool is not valuable if my team isn't using it. Thats validating how invaluable it really is. We want this thing to work but it is completely annoying to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the non-user friendly stand. The screen goes black often and it is not easy at all to get back into the app. I do not understand why the welcome button has to be covered, its just not user friendly and not really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make this more user friendly.

none. People come up to our employees asking how to use this instead of logging in and waiting to be seen.

The Receptionist review by Kunal R.
Kunal R.

"Excellent "

What do you like best?

Interface, how easily you make changes on your computer and it is updated on the system in real time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I faced issues with connecting it to printer. Probably because wireless printer got disconnected from wifi and couldn't connect back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

We are using Receptionist for visitors sign in, sign out, visitors guidelines, contractors guidelines, surveillance guidelines.

The Receptionist review by Ymene K.
Ymene K.

"The Receptionist Survey"

What do you like best?

It helps us to be able to work in our office area and not having to be at the front desk. It was very noisy there and disruptive and it helps having the Receptionist iPad there to help with check in procedures.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could add more names to the system. But I understand that we have opted for this package.

It has helped that our Office Coordinator not to be a receptionist at the front desk. It was very disruptive there and it was difficult to focus and get work done.

The Receptionist review by User

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The ease of use means that clients can quickly check in and we are notified instantly

What do you dislike?

Reliant on web connection which means sometimes it drops out and we are unaware as it is on a seperate floor

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great alternative to smaller companies who don't have a high volume of visitors

For a business with 2 levels, we didn't want to have a receptionist sitting by themselves all day missing out on office culture. Having the receptionist has allowed us to reallocate that person to an admin role and use their time more productively

"Satisfied Customer"

What do you like best?

I like that the program notifies our employees via text and email when they have a visitor.

What do you dislike?

I have myself set up as a manager and to be notified (for all our employees) when a notification is sent to an employee of a visitor and the employee isn't here. I don't like that when deliveries arrive I get 6 notifications. A notification for every employee I have listed to receive delivery messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly and can definitely manage a lobby.

It has replaced the physical receptionist we had and saved the company money.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Excellent device"

What do you like best?

Convenience and user friendly. Tablet model is very stylish, make a great first impression!

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't change a thing, its very helpful and easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend The Receptionist, not only is it user friendly, it's like having someone at the front desk. Our guest compliment and think that it's the coolest device they ever.

We no longer have a person at the front desk and The Receptionist meets needs. Greeting our guest and locating a co-worker. I love the audio to let the customer know someone will be right with them.

The Receptionist review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Receptionist Review"

What do you like best?

It provides a great welcome to our customers and whoever comes in for appointments. It also organizes the database of who all came in each day. Their app is very easy to install and maintain. It's also very easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike, yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, try it. It will help you cut labor costs and other costs associated with medical, insurance etc.

Welcoming, Appointment Management, visitors' log, Communicating with Customers etc. You can pretty much automate the entire process of greeting any new customers and save a lot of money.

The Receptionist review by Charny S.
Charny S.

"Receptionist for IPad; my experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and for the most part easy to customize

What do you dislike?

Lack of multi-unit support from a single portal

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to create generic email addresses if using in more than one location until they are able to come out with a central management portal

Check-In's and Delivery functionality has been excellent

"My Assistant"

What do you like best?

User friendly, secure and efficient.. I like the fact that I can upload my logo and be creative with the buttons.

What do you dislike?

I would like to download the Receptionist app on my Android. Currently, it is not available. Hopefully, they are working on having it accessible to Android users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, it is efficient, easy to use and administer. Love the flexibility and control that I use on the Receptionist.

Prior to The Receptionist, visitors had to sign in and fill out/sign the agreement form. With The Receptionist, it is more professional, secure and more efficient for our guests. I receive a lot of compliments about the Receptionist and that they are impressed on how "high tech" we are with this product.

The Receptionist review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Receptionist Application"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and use with a web portal to administer making it easy to deploy at remote sites

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, the product is almost perfect

We now have a digital log of all vistors to our sites which used to be paper and not always up to date

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Best Investment In Virtual Reception"

What do you like best?

Cost point is excellent. Easy to program. Flexible system. Customer Suppor

What do you dislike?

Can't really find much negative to say about the system itself. I do think that there is a certain discipline that the customer needs to implement in order to make this effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this system as a reference if you are shopping. You will find this to be the system of choice on many levels.

Like the fact that the Receptionist can contact an employee directly. If we can train visitors to use it consistently, it is an excellent tool. We also can download visitor rosters for other purposes. Saves our company the cost of a receptionist salary. Also provides an additional level of security that heretofore we had not had in place.

The Receptionist review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"We love our IPad Receptionist!!"

What do you like best?

Easy to update employee list and our visitors find it interesting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sends notice to employees clutter inbox, so they don't see the announcement.

No other problems. We saved a the position of always having to staff the front desk.

The Receptionist review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"LOVE IT"

What do you like best?

The iPad Receptionist app has been a LIFE SAVING and key item to our business model.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I truly love everything about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET IT!!! PLEASE!

We no longer have a physical body at our front desk, and life is so simple and time is much better spent!

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Valuable addition to the front desk"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist helps us keep track of people coming in and out of our office each day and serves as a valuable resource when the front desk can't be occupied.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to sort employees entered into The Receptionist by which ones are coded for "check in."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Having The Receptionist in place means our human receptionist isn't tied to the front desk. Plus, we have a record of who's in and out all day whether or not the human receptionist is available.

The Receptionist review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"The Receptionist - Kudos on a wonderful product"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist has been a vital tool in contacting our employees when visitors arrive. We especially like the SMS texting capability as most of our employees being contacted are working in a manufacturing facility and could be anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is having to answer this question as the product speaks for itself, can't praise it enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Receptionist support is impeccable. It's always better to have the creators/developers supporting their product instead of a third party, immediate results.

By being able to incorporate the company's Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA), we're saving on paper and no longer have an old clipboard at the ready.

The Receptionist review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Freedom"

What do you like best?

Allows the opportunity for movement within the office

What do you dislike?

Not as inviting as an actual person, most of our clientelle has commented they don't understand the concept of the application for checking in with the Front Desk versus an actual person. There is a technology hurdle for some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some training and do not be afraid to reach out for support from the team.

Not as inviting as an actual person however allows our receptionist the freedom to move within the office and have

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Simple, Easy to use, Inexpensive, Easy to setup"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was for us to setup for reception, it was just install the application, and it runs fine as default.

What do you dislike?

i Dont like how the chat feature is hidden to internal users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

in comparison with other products, this is the cheapest and easiest to setup for a small business with few internal contacts

previously we were recording who entered and left the building with a hand written notebook. now its all digital

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Fantastic "

What do you like best?

Our visitors love this new system. When signing in we get a text and e-mail to let us know that we have a visitor. When we have multiple visitors at once and lets say they are here for a tour, their badge identifies each one of them so we know what company they are from.

What do you dislike?

Not having one of these sooner! There is nothing to dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your I.T. department is onboard with the requirements to make this work on your network.

This is self sufficient and our visitors don't have to call anyone to come to them with the text feature turned on. We used to have the labels that they filled out themselves and lets face it, most of the time you could not read their name and company.

Learn more about The Receptionist

The Receptionist Videos

Learning about The Receptionist?

* We monitor all The Receptionist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.