The Receptionist

The Receptionist

The Receptionist for iPad is a visitor management solution that tracks office visitor traffic with a customizable check-in system that includes SMS, email, and two-way communications along with badge printing.

Work for The Receptionist?

Learning about The Receptionist?

Compare The Receptionist to Similar Solutions

The Receptionist Reviews

Ask The Receptionist a Question
Showing 72 The Receptionist reviews
The Receptionist review by <span>Dani H.</span>
Dani H.

Awesome software!

What do you like best?

The Receptionist facilitates fast sign-in, is easy to use, and looks sleek. I've received numerous compliments from clients and others who visit our office! The software allows you to search for an employee contact and even attach a picture to each - a feature I think a lot of people appreciate. It also allows integration with a badge printer for fast and easy visitor badge printing, a necessity at our office's secure facility.

What do you dislike?

Navigation can get a little confusing at times - particularly from screen to screen if you have to go backwards in the sign-in process - but other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this software!

It's so easy to keep track of everyone in the building and who they're with, something my boss was very intent on, seeing as we work in cybersecurity. It makes my job as the front desk coordinator easy - I can even check people out after they've left if they forget. I appreciate having a control dashboard to work from and edit in real time if necessary, and the customer service is super responsive.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about The Receptionist
The Receptionist review by <span>Ryan O.</span>
Ryan O.

Love the Receptionist!

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the receptionist is the badge printing. Previously, we didn't have any real way to tell who was a registered visitor in my building. Now it's quick and easy!... and automated!

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot that I dislike about The Receptionist, but I do think that there are a few things that can be improved on. We are a school, and right now the software is really marketed and designed for a business. I'd like to see some more features designed specifically for the types of uses that schools need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for schools who want an inexpensive front desk solution.

In my school we are using The Receptionist to sign in visitors, print badges for them, and keep track of who is in the building. We are also using it for late student arrivals who sign in and have a late pass printed for them to take to their teacher. This really frees up our person who is at the front desk to do other things!

What Visitor Management solution do you use?

The Receptionist review by <span>John G.</span>
John G.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Reliable and effective at doing what I need it to do

What do you like best?

I like that it reliably does what I need it to do- which is to be the patient/client check in system in a multi-practitioner co-working medical space. The interface is clear and simple to use from the end user standpoint and the backend is easy to use and customize on the administrator side.

What do you dislike?

It is clearly designed for single businesses that have multiple employees vs. what I'm using it for which is multiple businesses in a co-working environment. For example, to add a new doctor, I have to add them as a new employee even though they are completely independent and have their own company name. I'm able to make it work anyway- but it would be nice if there was a simple toggle in the interface to switch between a single business with multiple employees to a co-working setup with multiple independent businesses that typically have only one or two people per business.

In my case it is acting as the patient check-in system in a medical co-working space. I am currently using it without a live receptionist. If I do decide to add a live receptionist at some point- I would still probably use the check-in system still.

The Receptionist review by <span>Seema D.</span>
Seema D.

Perfect lobby receptionist replacement

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the log in screen and the different rules you can create really enhance the overall experience of the application. The app is simple but has a variety of options that make it ideal for different companies and the situations they would use it for.

What do you dislike?

So far no complaints from our users or visitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is a great way to modernize and clean up the front reception area in your company. From package deliveries, food deliveries, interview check in's and more, this app does all the standard greeting and informative routines a normal receptionist would do.

We have replaced our front desk receptionist completely with The Receptionist. To eliminate a role and open up budgets for other departments has been great. We use the app to sign guests in, contact employees for lunch deliveries, and even use the app to keep track of our cleaning crews check in's and check out's.

The Receptionist review by <span>Molly T.</span>
Molly T.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

The Receptionist is a GAME CHANGER!

What do you like best?

It has revamped our front desk area. We were in between receptionist and trying to figure out the front desk solution best. We stumbled upon this program, and we haven't looked back. It has streamlined our check in process for the multiple companies in our one space. It is very easy to setup and edit as companies change!

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues with the Receptionist. They are always changing the interface and backend to make it easier for the consumer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They allow a trial period that helped us determine if this product was right for us. I love that we didn't just have to dive in head first. Highly recommend you taking advantage of the trial period. Also take advantage of their great customer service. They helped walk me through set up to maximize the features of the product! Truly great costumer service!

We did not have a need for a full-time receptionist, but did need a solution for checking guests in. We have multiple companies in one space and this has eliminated visitors wondering around trying to find the correct person.

The Receptionist review by <span>Nobuko K.</span>
Nobuko K.

People Love the Receptionist

What do you like best?

The Receptionist is very simple to use but covers thoroughly what all is needed at the reception area.

What do you dislike?

There are people who is afraid of technology and a few of courier personnel does not like to use iPad and always leave delivery items without signatures on the counter or take it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this to any industry. This is not just a convenient tool but great for the company’s branding image. Also good for an individual employee to take care of their own need, not replying too much on someone in charge of front desk.

The Receptionist has brought us a lots of benefit that I can't name all. All visitor loves this quick check-in with NDA signature, especially people comes in for job interviews, they feel good already about us with this high tech receptionist! Also to take care of their own visitors or delivery items with direct contact by the Receptionist helps to save others time whose desk is closer to the door.

Learn more about The Receptionist

The Receptionist Videos

Learning about The Receptionist?

* We monitor all The Receptionist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare The Receptionist to Similar Solutions