The Receptionist

The Receptionist

The Receptionist for iPad is a visitor management solution that tracks office visitor traffic with a customizable check-in system that includes SMS, email, and two-way communications along with badge printing.

Work for The Receptionist?

Learning about The Receptionist?

The Receptionist Reviews

Ask The Receptionist a Question
Showing 95 The Receptionist reviews
The Receptionist review by Dani H.
Dani H.

"Awesome software! "

What do you like best?

The Receptionist facilitates fast sign-in, is easy to use, and looks sleek. I've received numerous compliments from clients and others who visit our office! The software allows you to search for an employee contact and even attach a picture to each - a feature I think a lot of people appreciate. It also allows integration with a badge printer for fast and easy visitor badge printing, a necessity at our office's secure facility.

What do you dislike?

Navigation can get a little confusing at times - particularly from screen to screen if you have to go backwards in the sign-in process - but other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this software!

It's so easy to keep track of everyone in the building and who they're with, something my boss was very intent on, seeing as we work in cybersecurity. It makes my job as the front desk coordinator easy - I can even check people out after they've left if they forget. I appreciate having a control dashboard to work from and edit in real time if necessary, and the customer service is super responsive.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about The Receptionist
The Receptionist review by Ryan O.
Ryan O.

"Love the Receptionist!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the receptionist is the badge printing. Previously, we didn't have any real way to tell who was a registered visitor in my building. Now it's quick and easy!... and automated!

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot that I dislike about The Receptionist, but I do think that there are a few things that can be improved on. We are a school, and right now the software is really marketed and designed for a business. I'd like to see some more features designed specifically for the types of uses that schools need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for schools who want an inexpensive front desk solution.

In my school we are using The Receptionist to sign in visitors, print badges for them, and keep track of who is in the building. We are also using it for late student arrivals who sign in and have a late pass printed for them to take to their teacher. This really frees up our person who is at the front desk to do other things!

What Visitor Management solution do you use?

The Receptionist review by John G.
John G.

"Reliable and effective at doing what I need it to do"

What do you like best?

I like that it reliably does what I need it to do- which is to be the patient/client check in system in a multi-practitioner co-working medical space. The interface is clear and simple to use from the end user standpoint and the backend is easy to use and customize on the administrator side.

What do you dislike?

It is clearly designed for single businesses that have multiple employees vs. what I'm using it for which is multiple businesses in a co-working environment. For example, to add a new doctor, I have to add them as a new employee even though they are completely independent and have their own company name. I'm able to make it work anyway- but it would be nice if there was a simple toggle in the interface to switch between a single business with multiple employees to a co-working setup with multiple independent businesses that typically have only one or two people per business.

In my case it is acting as the patient check-in system in a medical co-working space. I am currently using it without a live receptionist. If I do decide to add a live receptionist at some point- I would still probably use the check-in system still.

The Receptionist review by Seema D.
Seema D.

"Perfect lobby receptionist replacement"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the log in screen and the different rules you can create really enhance the overall experience of the application. The app is simple but has a variety of options that make it ideal for different companies and the situations they would use it for.

What do you dislike?

So far no complaints from our users or visitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is a great way to modernize and clean up the front reception area in your company. From package deliveries, food deliveries, interview check in's and more, this app does all the standard greeting and informative routines a normal receptionist would do.

We have replaced our front desk receptionist completely with The Receptionist. To eliminate a role and open up budgets for other departments has been great. We use the app to sign guests in, contact employees for lunch deliveries, and even use the app to keep track of our cleaning crews check in's and check out's.

The Receptionist review by Molly T.
Molly T.

"The Receptionist is a GAME CHANGER!"

What do you like best?

It has revamped our front desk area. We were in between receptionist and trying to figure out the front desk solution best. We stumbled upon this program, and we haven't looked back. It has streamlined our check in process for the multiple companies in our one space. It is very easy to setup and edit as companies change!

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues with the Receptionist. They are always changing the interface and backend to make it easier for the consumer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They allow a trial period that helped us determine if this product was right for us. I love that we didn't just have to dive in head first. Highly recommend you taking advantage of the trial period. Also take advantage of their great customer service. They helped walk me through set up to maximize the features of the product! Truly great costumer service!

We did not have a need for a full-time receptionist, but did need a solution for checking guests in. We have multiple companies in one space and this has eliminated visitors wondering around trying to find the correct person.

The Receptionist review by Nobuko K.
Nobuko K.

"People Love the Receptionist"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist is very simple to use but covers thoroughly what all is needed at the reception area.

What do you dislike?

There are people who is afraid of technology and a few of courier personnel does not like to use iPad and always leave delivery items without signatures on the counter or take it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this to any industry. This is not just a convenient tool but great for the company’s branding image. Also good for an individual employee to take care of their own need, not replying too much on someone in charge of front desk.

The Receptionist has brought us a lots of benefit that I can't name all. All visitor loves this quick check-in with NDA signature, especially people comes in for job interviews, they feel good already about us with this high tech receptionist! Also to take care of their own visitors or delivery items with direct contact by the Receptionist helps to save others time whose desk is closer to the door.

The Receptionist review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Perfect hands-off solution for visitor management"

What do you like best?

The ability to "set it and forget it", while being sure that all visitor information is being accurately captured and all individuals are being notified of visitors. The Receptionist has solved many problems for us, but the biggest has been the ability to deploy multiple stations within the building. We have multiple entrances for visitors, and sometimes individuals will leave at different locations. The Receptionist's native cloud integration has made check-in and check-out radically simple for all of our visitors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of API integration for tasks such as visitor log queries and configuration changes. It would be great to work this solution into a more automated workflow. Re-printing tags has also been an issue: when there is an issue with a printer, there is currently no way to reprint a visitor tag, you must sign the user out and have them re check-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you purchase the correct labels if you are using printers!

Our organization holds many certifications that require a strict visitor management policy, which includes logs of all visitors in and out of the building. The Receptionist has made this task ridiculously easy, and has even added benefits such as delivery driver check-in, and visitor agreements.

The Receptionist review by Tamara B.
Tamara B.

"Most reliable employee we've ever had! "

What do you like best?

I love the feature of being able to communicate with the person who is signing in, especially with the standard response replies. Our agency is a probation department with an in-house drug testing lab. We have a significant number of individuals coming and going throughout the day. Our Receptionist in a Box allows individuals to notify their probation officer or the Lab Tech know they are here. This allows our officers to reply back to the probationer with standard responses such as "You are free to leave After you have provided a drug test today" or "Have a seat and I will be with you shortly" (or we can even customize a response to give a specific instruction. Our probationers love the system as well as it allows them to be seen in the order in which they arrived. Also, the customer service is absolutely amazing!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see change would be to provide automated responses when an employee is out sick or on vacation. Having to go into each probation officer's account to add an additional person for contact is somewhat time consuming and tedious. It would be nice if there were an app on our phones that would allow a probation officer to "check out" of the office and designate a standard response or person to give the probationer direction in their absence. Also, due to our high-volume of individuals using the instrument, sometimes there are few people in line to use the instrument. If one person signs in and another one signs in immediately after, the first person won't get the response from the probation officer; however, the probation officer doesn't realize the message wasn't received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have recommended this product to another probation department, who have implemented it as well and are very satisfied. Their administrative assistant retired and they were able to implement this product in their department while using the money from the vacated position to hire another probation officer instead.

We average 100 individuals per day checking into our probation department that are signing in on our Receptionist. This allows our administrative assistant time to do her job without the constant interruptions. It also allows for seamless check-in processes while the administrative assistant is away from her desk or out of the office.

The Receptionist review by Stacia K.
Stacia K.

"Get Fancy!"

What do you like best?

I love The Receptionist App. It makes us look Fancy at our office. We have a small office and it makes us look good to have a system in place to have our customers text the person they are looking for to meet. It was easy to setup and customize to our brand.

What do you dislike?

Don't have anything bad to say. I don't dislike anything about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time with other apps that are unresponsive and just plain suck!! The Receptionist is the best!

Problem was we don't have a receptionist or need a live person to greet people. Our agents are in and out of the office. The app helps connect the person waiting to the person they are looking for no matter where they are by texting them and they can be in contact. .

"Excellent application"

What do you like best?

Wonderful application that is easy to set up and great web interface tool. I love the fact that I can log into my own iPad and mirror what is happening at my Branch locations.

What do you dislike?

The only things that I can say that I dislike at this time could be the lack of integration into Google Hangouts which is what our Teams use to communicate via chat. The Bulk upload functionality does not allow for the identification of the specific Branch that they are to be located. It was such a pain to track down users to wait for them to be activated to assign them to the appropriate Branch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please get Google integration ASAP!!!

More effective way for Employees to be notified when a visitor has arrived,either through email, chat and/or text, when they are on the phone or away from their desk.

Visitors want acknowledgement of their arrival, so they are not left waiting unnecessarily or having to walk back to the bullpen to be assisted.

The Receptionist review by Andy R.
Andy R.

"Great Signin Recetionist Software!"

What do you like best?

We like the programmable interface which allows us to customize it to fit our member base. Our members and student participation have different requirements when logging in. We were able to overcome those requirements given the flexibility of the software

What do you dislike?

We would still like to see barcoding as this would greatly help us in the preregistration and sign-in process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at a lot of different solutions and this one had the most of the requirements I was looking for. I chose them as they are open to continuing in the development of their product.

The ability to customize the interface and have multiple sign-in devices and printers, has helped us in processing larger crowds for meetings and events.

The Receptionist review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

Works with a badge printer to help ensure visitor compliance. It is easy for package handlers to check in to drop of packages. You can check in to one person, or do an employee check in.

What do you dislike?

Some changes can only be in the app others only in the web app. The application would freeze up sometimes and shut down, allowing access to the IPAD is it installed on.

PCI Compliance. Compliance states that all visitors must check in with and wear a badge for the time they are here. This solves both of those compliance requirements with an easy to use system.

The Receptionist review by Don T.
Don T.

"Effective and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Professional, if configured simply it's easy for guests to understand. Works great with the full sized iPad Pro.

What do you dislike?

When you have multiple departments and divisions, it can get confusing for guests. I'd like to record my own announcements instead of the machine generated ones. I'd also like to throw it to a larger touchscreen display. A Windows or Linux version of the app would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it.

Better tracking of visitors in the building both for emergencies and logging. Requiring signing of NDA's is great too. Plus, if the human receptionist isn't available, guests can still check in and notify the people they're here to see, instead of waiting for someone to walk by.

The Receptionist review by Angela F.
Angela F.

"We love The Receptionist"

What do you like best?

Having a digital record of all of our visitors, which includes their picture. This used to be a written log kept by the guard. Now we have daily reports sent to the guard instead.

Customization - we created a button for employees, who lose or forget their badges, to borrow a loaner and notify their supervisor that they don't have it.

2 way chat and SMS notifications are great for those who are away from their desks.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't know of anything that we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at several Digital Receptionist companies, but this one was the most reasonable, easy to use, and has offered excellent customer service.

Eliminating the need for us to print and keep a manual written log on paper.

Making people accountable for keeping up with their badges, and notifying their sup when they lose them.

Directly notifying each person regarding their visitor rather that having the guard attempt to reach them.

No paper file storage of visitor logs

The Receptionist review by Anthony M.
Anthony M.

"Excellent product and utility, great for small businesses!"

What do you like best?

Our company is not large enough to keep a dedicated receptionist at our lobby, so instead our purchasing individual was always getting the door and putting in a subsequent page. This product has completely resolved this issue.

In the past it was a tad clunky in response, requiring you to use your email or go to a weblink, but now they have fully integrated cell phones, so you can simply reply with a text message. This allows users to notify their guest arrivals no matter where they are in the factory, not requiring them to be at a PC to respond. Had that feature still not been implemented, this review would have been a 6 or 7. But that feature, due to its fluidity, is solely worth the 3 extra stars.

What do you dislike?

This product is not compatible with Android devices! We suffered through and purchased a dreaded Apple product. Honestly, this is my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price per function is very good.

We have taken the load off an individual who was not hired to do a Receptionist job, as well as streamlined customer check ins and food deliveries. Instead of paging the whole facility and hoping the appropriate individual is notified, they get a text message straight to their cell phone.

The Receptionist review by Laura F.
Laura F.

"The Receptionist lets the rest of us do our work!"

What do you like best?

We have no one in our Foundation's lobby, and as someone who sits closest to the lobby, I found myself "playing receptionist" for everyone who came in, whether it was a donor, a meeting with one of my colleagues, or just someone who came in to ask a question. The Receptionist has given me the ability to worry about my job again, while letting the app find the right person for our visitors.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if some of our buttons were just "one touch". Right now someone hits "Make a Donation" and then they have to answer a minimum of one question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We got the bundle with the floor stand and it works great.

One of the benefits we've realized is that it gives us some data on who is coming in. For example, it quantifies our walk ins.

The Receptionist review by CURTiS B.
CURTiS B.

"Great layout of features"

What do you like best?

I like that there's a one-time info collection for first time check-ins, makes checking in seem less after that point.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that email is required and phone numbers are not. It would be nice to have either choice for both email and phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have physical log books for check-ins, I highlyrecommend you switch to The Receptionist. Not only does it manage check-ins, but in case of emergency, it will show you who is still checked into your company. That is a very valuable tool to have.

We are moving away from physical log books.

The Receptionist review by Bill C.
Bill C.

"Great Experience Overall"

What do you like best?

We have been using this software for almost 2 years now and overall, the experience has been great. When we first purchased the app, we were using it for the basic check-in/check-out feature. As time has gone on, we have started to use some of the many features associated with the app.

The picture taking, and badge printing is a great feature. Also, being able to customize the buttons, as well as adding our company logo, is one of the reasons we decided to go with this app, out of many others that are out there.

Anytime that I have had issues and needed to reach their support team, a response from them was given very quickly. They were always nice, professional, educated on the product.

Lastly, the company strives to continue to make this app great by taking recommendations on improvements, and keeps their users updated by emailing out what is going on with the app, and any new features they have created, or are in the process of looking into.

I would highly recommend this app for any company that is looking for a streamlined process of recording their visitor’s check-ins and check-outs.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about this app. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the navigation within the portal, However, their support, whether through the knowledge base, or through chat, you will quickly be able to find the answer, if you are having trouble finding something.

With this app, it takes our company from the old visitor log book, and puts us into the digital age. It also helps us if we need to go back within the log or see a picture of who may have checked in. Lastly, with the badge printing, it adds a layer of security, so we know who is a visitor while they are walking around the office.

The Receptionist review by Rana J.
Rana J.

"Made life simple..."

What do you like best?

The ability to check our clients in with the customizable app that The Receptionist customer service gladly helped me with.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! I was well received as a prospect, turned into a customer simply by excellent customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, know who is coming in and out of your business with ease!

Being able to customize The Receptionist to our wellness studio needs made life so much simpler. Clients come in, sign in on the iPad, the trainer is notified that they have arrived with a Slack message and boom, everything is in place. Happily.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"A truly great product"

What do you like best?

I love The Receptionist, it allows our front desk security guards to focus on the security aspect of their job of checking ID's and it allows for screening of unexpected visitors for our employees. It has made for a much smoother and more efficient check in process for our guests.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing yet that I dislike about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

not only is there product easy to use and maintain but whenever I have an issue or have to troubleshoot something they are very quick to help find a solution. they are kind, patient, and very customer friendly.

It has lessened the check in/sign in time for guests and visitors. It is very professional looking and everyone loves it.

The Receptionist review by Avneet K.
Avneet K.

"Working as expected, delivers as promised"

What do you like best?

It works as expected, no issues with user interface or from admin interface so far.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that is a little annoying is the chat back feature not sure if I'm doing somthing wrong or the interface times out quick, do not get it from phone message but by the time get to interface it seems to time out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended this to other offices with similar setup.

Due to office location and size make it easy for guests to find who they are looking for and receive delivery. As we do not have reception it makes it easy to manage delivery and meetings

The Receptionist review by Doug F.
Doug F.

"Excellent product for office compliance and visitor traceability"

What do you like best?

The tool eliminates the need for an employee receptionist, yet still achieves our compliance requirements for visitor check in, check out, and traceability. Not to mention auto notifications via SMS and email when a visitor checks in.

What do you dislike?

We'd like the additional capability for a visitor to scan their drivers license.

We don't have a need for a full time employee filling a receptionist role, yet we have a need for visitor check in and out, as well as logging.

The Receptionist review by Smit P.
Smit P.

"Best Visitor Management"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist was very easy to setup, configure and roll out. There are many features available such as integration with slack and printer connectivity which makes this solution unique compared to others. From a visitors stand point this system is very easy to use and allows interaction with the people they are visiting.

What do you dislike?

The receptionist is only available on an iPad, this is it's biggest downfall and limitation. They can also work on adding more system integrations like slack competitors.

The Receptionist allows us to simplify management of our visitors. It also acts a point of contact in case of an emergency.

The Receptionist review by Shaun H.
Shaun H.

"Simply simple. Simply awesome."

What do you like best?

Real people actually like using this, it's a breeze for visitors, and a breeze for IT to setup. Sends SMS and email, and also integrates with Slack.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. We would like to see integration with Microsoft Teams as well as the existing Slack integration.

We wanted something 'smart' in the foyer to welcome visitors and handle deliveries. We had a telephone, but you'd be surprised how many people can't seem to look up a contact list and dial a number. The Receptionist distills this down to a couple of taps, and real feedback from visitors is 'its easy' and it just works.

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great Product for the Price!!"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of setting up the solution, it literally took minutes to get the system online and ready for use.The text message letting you know you have a visitor waiting is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

We would like more flexibility with what questions are asked for sign in. It would also be great to have people who have signed in before, to have their information populate as they begin to register from past sign in information so they don't have to fill all the required information again, have the system recognize a visitor that has been here before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definately take advantage of the free trial. You can get everything worked out easily in one day.

We are a data center so security and records of who entered the facility are important. We require sign in when entering the building.

The Receptionist review by Lisa V.
Lisa V.

"Driver Check In Log"

What do you like best?

I love that this requires a signature and time stamps everything. I also like the fact that I can print the logs when customers request driver check in times.

What do you dislike?

So far there is really nothing that I dislike about the Receptionist

Drivers had a tenancy to not check in or write down inaccurate check in times. The receptionist tracks accurate time drivers arrive, and allows us to show our customers that a driver was behind schedule and not us.

Since our customer ratings can be hit due to timeliness, this has saved us on numerous occasions, by proving the carrier was behind schedule and not our company.

The Receptionist review by RANDY T.
RANDY T.

"Great for our small school"

What do you like best?

We use The Receptionist as our main check in and out for students. So easy to find arrival and departure times for our students.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to set up, but that was more a problem with how the district has the internet locked down than the product.

Knowing when students are in or out of the building and the time they have spent in the building.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Works great - very satisfied."

What do you like best?

Super easy to roll out and configure. Support is excellent and receptive to system modifications. Administration is easy. I love the real time chat feature with the visitor. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a virtual receptionist.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of much I don't like. Very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to roll out. Only took a couple days to get completely set up and rolled out. Give yourself a little time to get familiar with it.

Enables us to track our visitor log easily. Opened up our receptionist to be able to do other tasks and not to have to sit at the front desk all the time.

The Receptionist review by Ronald G.
Ronald G.

"Easy installation, Great app and Incredible support !"

What do you like best?

The customer service is incredible, competent staff are available at any time to help and support.

also just added a bilingualism beta version which is a must in a bilingual province (Quebec)

What do you dislike?

The badge layout could need some improvement ( layout Design )

Makes our company even more professional and with the ITAR and controlled goods requirements it helps track all visitors in and out .

The Receptionist review by Shira G.
Shira G.

"Effective, but not great"

What do you like best?

The system was easy to set up, and easy to integrate with our companies slack channel. I also love the delivery feature with the top couriers pre-programmed.

What do you dislike?

The printer caused a lot of issues, and needed constant trouble shooting. It was also challenging to contact our guests once they had pinged us.

Solved making guests call their contact and wait downstairs until they got in touch with them. Was defnitly a better process for our clients since we dont have a receptionist. We also require security tags, and the printer was good for that, although very temperamental and often didnt work,

The Receptionist review by Hannah C.
Hannah C.

"Works fine for our business - in most scenarios"

What do you like best?

I like the ease on the back end to change interface and update contacts. It takes only a few minutes to solve issues with the iPad and software itself.

What do you dislike?

I would like the capability of calling our employees whenever someone is there to see them, rather than solely relying on email and text.

It's saved us from having to hire a full-time receptionist.

"Not worth it :( "

What do you like best?

Not much. I feel like this is pointless in my office. I have expressed my concerns with the Receptionist team and they just blow it off and tell me how valuable the tool is. The tool is not valuable if my team isn't using it. Thats validating how invaluable it really is. We want this thing to work but it is completely annoying to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the non-user friendly stand. The screen goes black often and it is not easy at all to get back into the app. I do not understand why the welcome button has to be covered, its just not user friendly and not really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make this more user friendly.

none. People come up to our employees asking how to use this instead of logging in and waiting to be seen.

The Receptionist review by Kunal R.
Kunal R.

"Excellent "

What do you like best?

Interface, how easily you make changes on your computer and it is updated on the system in real time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I faced issues with connecting it to printer. Probably because wireless printer got disconnected from wifi and couldn't connect back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

We are using Receptionist for visitors sign in, sign out, visitors guidelines, contractors guidelines, surveillance guidelines.

The Receptionist review by Ymene K.
Ymene K.

"The Receptionist Survey"

What do you like best?

It helps us to be able to work in our office area and not having to be at the front desk. It was very noisy there and disruptive and it helps having the Receptionist iPad there to help with check in procedures.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could add more names to the system. But I understand that we have opted for this package.

It has helped that our Office Coordinator not to be a receptionist at the front desk. It was very disruptive there and it was difficult to focus and get work done.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The ease of use means that clients can quickly check in and we are notified instantly

What do you dislike?

Reliant on web connection which means sometimes it drops out and we are unaware as it is on a seperate floor

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great alternative to smaller companies who don't have a high volume of visitors

For a business with 2 levels, we didn't want to have a receptionist sitting by themselves all day missing out on office culture. Having the receptionist has allowed us to reallocate that person to an admin role and use their time more productively

"Satisfied Customer"

What do you like best?

I like that the program notifies our employees via text and email when they have a visitor.

What do you dislike?

I have myself set up as a manager and to be notified (for all our employees) when a notification is sent to an employee of a visitor and the employee isn't here. I don't like that when deliveries arrive I get 6 notifications. A notification for every employee I have listed to receive delivery messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly and can definitely manage a lobby.

It has replaced the physical receptionist we had and saved the company money.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Excellent device"

What do you like best?

Convenience and user friendly. Tablet model is very stylish, make a great first impression!

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't change a thing, its very helpful and easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend The Receptionist, not only is it user friendly, it's like having someone at the front desk. Our guest compliment and think that it's the coolest device they ever.

We no longer have a person at the front desk and The Receptionist meets needs. Greeting our guest and locating a co-worker. I love the audio to let the customer know someone will be right with them.

The Receptionist review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Receptionist Review"

What do you like best?

It provides a great welcome to our customers and whoever comes in for appointments. It also organizes the database of who all came in each day. Their app is very easy to install and maintain. It's also very easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike, yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, try it. It will help you cut labor costs and other costs associated with medical, insurance etc.

Welcoming, Appointment Management, visitors' log, Communicating with Customers etc. You can pretty much automate the entire process of greeting any new customers and save a lot of money.

The Receptionist review by Charny S.
Charny S.

"Receptionist for IPad; my experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and for the most part easy to customize

What do you dislike?

Lack of multi-unit support from a single portal

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to create generic email addresses if using in more than one location until they are able to come out with a central management portal

Check-In's and Delivery functionality has been excellent

"My Assistant"

What do you like best?

User friendly, secure and efficient.. I like the fact that I can upload my logo and be creative with the buttons.

What do you dislike?

I would like to download the Receptionist app on my Android. Currently, it is not available. Hopefully, they are working on having it accessible to Android users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, it is efficient, easy to use and administer. Love the flexibility and control that I use on the Receptionist.

Prior to The Receptionist, visitors had to sign in and fill out/sign the agreement form. With The Receptionist, it is more professional, secure and more efficient for our guests. I receive a lot of compliments about the Receptionist and that they are impressed on how "high tech" we are with this product.

The Receptionist review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Receptionist Application"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and use with a web portal to administer making it easy to deploy at remote sites

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, the product is almost perfect

We now have a digital log of all vistors to our sites which used to be paper and not always up to date

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Best Investment In Virtual Reception"

What do you like best?

Cost point is excellent. Easy to program. Flexible system. Customer Suppor

What do you dislike?

Can't really find much negative to say about the system itself. I do think that there is a certain discipline that the customer needs to implement in order to make this effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this system as a reference if you are shopping. You will find this to be the system of choice on many levels.

Like the fact that the Receptionist can contact an employee directly. If we can train visitors to use it consistently, it is an excellent tool. We also can download visitor rosters for other purposes. Saves our company the cost of a receptionist salary. Also provides an additional level of security that heretofore we had not had in place.

The Receptionist review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"We love our IPad Receptionist!!"

What do you like best?

Easy to update employee list and our visitors find it interesting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sends notice to employees clutter inbox, so they don't see the announcement.

No other problems. We saved a the position of always having to staff the front desk.

The Receptionist review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"LOVE IT"

What do you like best?

The iPad Receptionist app has been a LIFE SAVING and key item to our business model.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I truly love everything about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET IT!!! PLEASE!

We no longer have a physical body at our front desk, and life is so simple and time is much better spent!

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Valuable addition to the front desk"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist helps us keep track of people coming in and out of our office each day and serves as a valuable resource when the front desk can't be occupied.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to sort employees entered into The Receptionist by which ones are coded for "check in."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Having The Receptionist in place means our human receptionist isn't tied to the front desk. Plus, we have a record of who's in and out all day whether or not the human receptionist is available.

The Receptionist review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"The Receptionist - Kudos on a wonderful product"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist has been a vital tool in contacting our employees when visitors arrive. We especially like the SMS texting capability as most of our employees being contacted are working in a manufacturing facility and could be anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is having to answer this question as the product speaks for itself, can't praise it enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Receptionist support is impeccable. It's always better to have the creators/developers supporting their product instead of a third party, immediate results.

By being able to incorporate the company's Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA), we're saving on paper and no longer have an old clipboard at the ready.

The Receptionist review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Freedom"

What do you like best?

Allows the opportunity for movement within the office

What do you dislike?

Not as inviting as an actual person, most of our clientelle has commented they don't understand the concept of the application for checking in with the Front Desk versus an actual person. There is a technology hurdle for some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some training and do not be afraid to reach out for support from the team.

Not as inviting as an actual person however allows our receptionist the freedom to move within the office and have

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Simple, Easy to use, Inexpensive, Easy to setup"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was for us to setup for reception, it was just install the application, and it runs fine as default.

What do you dislike?

i Dont like how the chat feature is hidden to internal users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

in comparison with other products, this is the cheapest and easiest to setup for a small business with few internal contacts

previously we were recording who entered and left the building with a hand written notebook. now its all digital

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Fantastic "

What do you like best?

Our visitors love this new system. When signing in we get a text and e-mail to let us know that we have a visitor. When we have multiple visitors at once and lets say they are here for a tour, their badge identifies each one of them so we know what company they are from.

What do you dislike?

Not having one of these sooner! There is nothing to dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your I.T. department is onboard with the requirements to make this work on your network.

This is self sufficient and our visitors don't have to call anyone to come to them with the text feature turned on. We used to have the labels that they filled out themselves and lets face it, most of the time you could not read their name and company.

The Receptionist review by Barinder S.
Barinder S.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

Simple but editable design

What do you dislike?

draws more battery from ipad and needs to have a webcam feature as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended our clients for this product

We don't have any receptionist in our company and this app covers it completely

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor in Mental Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Mental Health Care

"Excellent Solution"

What do you like best?

Excellent solution to replace our receptionist and enable easy arrival notification for my occupants

What do you dislike?

Employee-based options would be great. As an example, most of my employees simply need arrival notifications. As the operator, having options for delivery, etc if the guest selects me, would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a very slick, user friendly solution that does just what it’s supposed to do.

Eliminated the need for 1.5 FTEs who would only let occupants know a guest has arrived.

The Receptionist review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"Good product, getting better"

What do you like best?

the ease of use and stability of the product is better than other products like it in the field

What do you dislike?

need the ability for users to create and send invites

use in place of a human receptionist

The Receptionist review by Chase L.
Chase L.

"Receptionist for Music School"

What do you like best?

Customization buttons and flow. Very cool branding opportunities. Amazing text to phone feature to alert teachers students have arrived.

What do you dislike?

Interface can lag a little. Sometimes the multi select button doesn't work and freezes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates sometimes cause my system to lag or breakdown at certain features. Maybe alert us when you are updating and making changes?

Attendance and Alerting Teachers students have arrived. Also check in and out for employees and employee communication.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Visitor Management Simplified"

What do you like best?

From a technical perspective The Receptionist is very easy to setup and control. From a visitor's perspective it is a very well polished and intuitive setup to interact with.

What do you dislike?

The Receptionist is not available on Android, which is the biggest reason for my low rating. Besides the availability the second thing that they can improve is customization and systems integration with other chat oriented services like Slack.

We use Receptionist a layer of service to manager our visitors and keep track of visitors in case of emergency. This also aids us for receiving shipments as the receivers are notified on the spot.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Great for the basics of keeping track of guests"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for people signing in and out is simple enough for all ages and the ability to run reports electronically from the past is great for things that arise.

What do you dislike?

The app glitches quite a bit when using it 24-7. Grantee sometimes it’s a device issue as that runs constantly but we typically need to trouble shoot a few times a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their web support chat that is right on the app, very convienent and quick when dealing with an issue.

We use this app to track all of our visitors through the front desk of a retirement community.

The Receptionist review by David A.
David A.

"Used for checking into our gym"

What do you like best?

It is efficient for people that are in a hurry to get into the gym

What do you dislike?

There's no way to input our database to confirm the users.

Signing a waiver for the gym

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"The Receptionist is Great"

What do you like best?

The ease of managing the users using the API to transfer from Acitve Directory to The Receptionist is great.

What do you dislike?

Not having the ability to manage multiple offices from within one account. I understand this is a new feature that should be released soon.

Not having a receptionist at the front desk anymore to handle deliveries and guests has freed up time to work on more billable hours.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"The Receptionist is an ideal solution for smaller companies"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using the Receptionist since 2014. We don't currently have anyone on our team who's responsibility is to greet people so this solution has really helped our team monitor guests, candidates and vendors as they arrive at our office. Notification via slack integration is an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything to dislike about this product. It works well for our company and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no reason not to try it, especially if you need a system to alert you when guests arrive.

Since we don't have a dedicated receptionist greeting everyone, The Receptionist helps our monitor everyone arriving.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"LOVE The Receptionist"

What do you like best?

It streamlines the check-in process. The guest arrives, they check in, the person is notified, and then comes to greet them. It's so easy and so awesome!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have over 1600 tenants when combining both of our properties, and have never received a single complaint in the past 3 years of using The Receptionist.

We're able to be more efficient while working at the front desk. We still have the hospitable aspect of saying hello to everyone that walks in, but they're fully able to check in and find who they need without our assistance.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Efficient Check-In"

What do you like best?

For our office, the seamless check-in process and sleek appearance has greatly helped our lobby be more efficient. We have multiple offices in our suite, and the ability to divide employees into companies makes it easier for guests to find their correct party.

What do you dislike?

We've had general tech issues with the wifi getting interrupted and the iPad malfunctioning. The automated voice sometimes repeats words consistently which can be a bit annoying for guests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to elevate the Receptionist and have in a very visible space. A sign nearby the iPad would definitely help as well.

Efficient check-in and minimizing guest confusion.

The Receptionist review by User

"Great for a company that doesn't have a dedicated receptionist"

What do you like best?

The doorbell rings a lot less! This means less interruptions for the team.

What do you dislike?

Some guests don't want to use it and ring the doorbell anyways or get halfway through the sign-in process and abandon it.

Trying to limit interruptions for the team. Deliveries now go to a single person instead of the doorbell ringing and someone having to stop what they're doing to get the door.

The Receptionist review by Ellen D.
Ellen D.

"Nice addition to the Reception area."

What do you like best?

Easy of use and support has been great.

What do you dislike?

Multiple visitors - an email/text is sent individually to an employee and it is rather annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at many other receptionist type software packages and this one was the best pricing/support.

It takes away the time spent from the Receptionist having to notify employees when their visitors have arrived.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Great for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Ability to customize. Amazing look/sleekness that we were looking for. It was the best option on the market.

What do you dislike?

Wish it could use hipchat to notify our employees of visitors!

We are a small firm and don't have a receptionist. This is the perfect solution. It's sleek and powerful and has the look/feel we wanted to check people in.

The Receptionist review by Yolanda M.
Yolanda M.

"IPad Receptionist"

What do you like best?

I like the privacy it gives us. With the nature of our business, privacy is everything.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the IPad Receptionist that I do not like.

It has freed up a lot of time for the receptionist, visitor's are frequent at our company.

it allows the employee to communicate directly with their customer.. No more, trying to find the person they come to see.. They get an automatic notification. That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!

The Receptionist review by Iddo d.
Iddo d.

"Difference Maker"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Functionality, customization, customer service

What do you dislike?

It is not free, but nothing great ever is:)

Keep our overhead low, client and employee sign in.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Given our small office The Receptionist has been the perfect solution for small office and has maintained it's usefulness as our company grew.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about the receptionist!

Recommendations to others considering the product

No other recommendations at this time.

Provides our visitors quick and streamlined process for meeting employees

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

How quickly we can get our NDA signed and a badge printed and the visitor their way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Nothing at this time. Nothing at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This solution was easy to setup and even easier to use. Get the App, what are you waiting for?

Guaranteed 100% NDA compliance.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

It is the most simple software, but the most efficient

What do you dislike?

I wish the formatting for adding logos to the employee contacts was better fitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so simple to use for admin and customers. It is the best software out there.

It makes accepting patients and notifying practitioners streamlined and without interruptions.

The Receptionist review by User

"The Receptionist has helped track and improve our front desk checking-in system."

What do you like best?

I enjoy how simple it is to edit the log-in and check-out process. It's very customizable.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to adjust the grid size for the front page.

Expatiated check-in. It allows for us to track who comes and visits and allows for easy follow up.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"A modern and simple approach to the idea of a "receptionist""

What do you like best?

The compact design and the interactive interface

What do you dislike?

Difficulty and confusion involved in coordinating the device with the company's network and printer

Solving the problem of not requiring a full-time receptionist at one of our locations. Have realized the benefit in replacing a human with this software.

"Smooth Operations"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist allows us to know when deliveries arrive regardless of if anyone is available.

What do you dislike?

No option for when a guest is here for a large meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find an iPad mount and location that has easy access to power.

We decided that hiring a receptionist was too cost prohibitive

The Receptionist review by Whitney W.
Whitney W.

"Efficient. "

What do you like best?

That I don't have to sit at my desk all day.

What do you dislike?

That the logo is tiny on the first screen when I want more font.

That our guests don't wander around the building looking for someone when I'm not there. And now I can work from home sometimes!

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"IT! Innovative Visitor Check In"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Photos of visitors and hosts

Slack integration notification

Email alerts

Scheduling

Electronic records

What do you dislike?

Limited branding with free plan

Nothing else...

It has helped with our visitor checking process allowing us to have someone meet our guest as soon as they check in with slack notifications.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Made Visitor Tracking Easy"

What do you like best?

The best part about The Receptionist for us is the way we can go into the log and see who has signed in. It makes record keeping easy.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve of anything is always frustrating. So learning the new technology was the most difficult part. Also, there are a few features we wish that were implemented.

Record keeping. Also all visitors have to sign an NDA to enter our building and this system has made that very easy.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Receptionist Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of check in and the customizability of the process

What do you dislike?

I would like a little more room on the badge for additional information. I would like to have the option of the words "VENDOR" or "VISITOR" to print on the badge

We previously checked in vendors for non clinical areas with a wristband. We are very happy that we are able to create a photo badge for added security - as well as have the email/contact info for less frequent visitors.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use and convenient. "

What do you like best?

A more simple and accurate way of keeping track of who is in are facility.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It performs a simple task much better than a log book.

A more accurate way of keeping track of visitors.

The Receptionist review by Jeff G.
Jeff G.

"A good tool!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am immediately notified of a visitor

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at the present time. All features work as normal

I now have the ability to track the visitors in my building creating a metrics system

"Very Reliabe"

What do you like best?

The system has always been very reliable, we've never had many problems with it, though when we do have any questions, the team are always very helpful. The system works very well and many people are very happy with it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike in all honesty

Having a digital receptionist means we no longer need someone manning a desk all of the time for this role.

The Receptionist review by Travis P.
Travis P.

"Awesome complementary platform for my human receptionist"

What do you like best?

We recently restructured our roles and responsibilities for our receptionist, this was super helpful and allowed her to do more "human" tasks. The SMS functionality is pretty cool as well. Didn't splurge for the extra badge printer, but probably should have...

What do you dislike?

My brother label printer doesnt work well with the product.

Missing check ins.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

In a word: convenience. Visitor tracking, legal compliance.

What do you dislike?

Our issues revolve around Apple not The Receptionist

Compliance, visitor tracking and log review.

The Receptionist review by vijay k.
vijay k.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and works flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

Haven't experienced any problems with the system

Easy way to send notification and keep track of guest

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"This has been a great replacement to our human receptionist."

What do you like best?

We like how easy the ipad is to use for our customers and guest. The sign in feature and texting feature is great!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software freezes up on the ipad. We have made sure that the ipad and software are up to date but it still spins.

Cost savings. This had eliminated our reception position.

"Wonderful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Good customer interface. Nice layout

What do you dislike?

Printer disconnects from the iPad way too often. Need better printer configuration

Printing issues.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Outstanding vistor management tool"

What do you like best?

Accountability during evacuations and regulation reviews at admittance

What do you dislike?

Only a view language options. We are a multinational company and other language options would be beneficial

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super simple to set up and use. I highly recommend it.

Accountability for admittance regulations. The visitor can no longer say that they were not informed of our safety procedures or policies

The Receptionist review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Easy, professional and functional"

What do you like best?

The best part is its ease of use. An intuitive interfacw, both back- and front end.

What do you dislike?

There could be more options, as to what goes on the printed label, different images for different tenants, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it ;)

Takes load off the receptionists, eases maintenance of visitation systems, takes away old, outdated reception systems

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Our experience with The Receptionist has been nothing but great. "

What do you like best?

The automation of sign in and sending of notifications great!

What do you dislike?

I wished they had more options for enterprises with multiple sites. Importing didstribution groups would help also.

We are using this to accomplish ITAR requirements with citizen ship. Never realized how much this would help with notifying us of visitors.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Great device for an office without receptionist"

What do you like best?

Allows all employees to receive visitors and deliveries without interrupting another employee.

What do you dislike?

From time to time the notifications are delayed and customers/delivery people are left waiting.

Eliminating the need for a full time receptionist and allowing us to keep the site secure to meet our contractural obligations.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Using the Receptionist "

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to setup and customer service is always very helpful

What do you dislike?

The system does not have any characteristics that we have found objectionalble

We are able to not dedicate a resource to make notification of guests arrival and have a tracking system as to who is on site

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Hardware
Executive Sponsor in Computer Hardware

"Amazing Product and awesome customer service"

What do you like best?

Customer Service and responsiveness and continuous feature set releases

What do you dislike?

Feature set communication should be in video instead of pictures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only add the user's who are tech savvy as otherwise customer's won't be happy waiting in reception area :)

Value of customer time !!

"Great Product!!"

What do you like best?

Pleasant customer service, setup was much easier than I thought.

What do you dislike?

It has everything that was promised. I have no dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product was easy to setup and any questions that we had were answered quickly and accurately. Great product.

Allows visitors to check-in without calling.

The Receptionist review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, quick and customers are very impressed with the technology!

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to by pass the phone and email address for guests. Most guest prefer not to put in their # and email.

Time! Quicker sign in time.

The Receptionist review by Executive Sponsor in Biotechnology
Executive Sponsor in Biotechnology

"Excellent technology. Easy to set up and use."

What do you like best?

Easy access to information. Great addition to our buildings without a person at the front.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's easy to use and fills the need we have.

Easy access to guest info; assistance for buildings without a person at the front desk.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Excellent visitor management software"

What do you like best?

Simple layout and overall simplicity to use for everyone. Gives a very smooth experience for the end users.

What do you dislike?

More customizations would not hurt, together with better image/logo handling.

Introduction of visitors and WiFi password.

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"Very useful for small start ups"

What do you like best?

That we don’t have an addl overhead! And easy to use

What do you dislike?

Faster response time perhaps? And longer response times for secondary message receivers

Don’t have to hire someone to sit at the front desk

The Receptionist review by Administrator

"The Receptionist makes it easy to go back and track our visitors"

What do you like best?

The Receptionist send the co-worker a notification therefore I don't have to make the call.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to get one visitor registered

We don't have to worry about confidentially

Learn more about The Receptionist

The Receptionist Videos

Learning about The Receptionist?

* We monitor all The Receptionist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.