TheraNest

TheraNest software allows you to manage and grow your practice with comprehensive therapy notes, storage for your files and documents, a client portal for intake forms and appointments, secure access, and billing.

Work for TheraNest?

Showing 9 TheraNest reviews
TheraNest review by <span>Holly M.</span>
Holly M.

Solid Service with Room for Improvement

What do you like best?

It's easy to schedule clients with all of our therapists, regardless of what level of pricing they're at, and we can take care of our billing through the same scheduling system.

What do you dislike?

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I track our referrals manually because I know the reports they issue are incorrect. Because I monitor each of our weekly intakes, I know who our highest referral sources are but, if I run a report, I get an entirely different answer. It's very frustrating. I would like to have less work for myself and use the system as it's designed but the reporting has to be accurate! I also wish I could edit non-client based appointment from the app. I personally handle the marketing and use Theranest to keep track of my appointments but can't update them once they're in the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to really explore the system and have one person in charge of learning it. That person can them train your staff on how to best utilize the features. When questions or problems arise, you'll have an expert on the team who can help guide them through troubleshooting. If all else fails, call customer service and see if they can help. I personally haven't interacted with their staff but I know our staff have chatted with them online when they've needed help.

Scheduling and billing are seamless, keeping track of session notes, and client information are all held in the same online database. It saves our clinicians a lot of time. Having an online app also helps me schedule on the go.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TheraNest
TheraNest review by <span>Lauren  W.</span>
Lauren W.

Reliable and Consumer Friendly

What do you like best?

I found the program simple to use once I learned how to effectively maneuver through the application.

What do you dislike?

It was not intuitive. Once I learned how to use it, the program was helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it takes a little time to get accustomed to the program. However, once learned, it is pretty user friendly.

I found the program helpful and simple to use once I learned how to more effectively use the program. It was actually easier to formulate session notes and treatment plans than the EHR that the other agency that I worked for at the time was using.

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

TheraNest review by <span>Melissa H.</span>
Melissa H.

Great central place for a therapist

What do you like best?

I love that it helps me feel organized and in control. I love that everything is in one place for my practice versus jumping around.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing after your trial.

I’m solving having to jump around to all these different portals for scheduling, invoicing, notes, etc. this keeps everything in one great, convenient location

TheraNest review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

One of the best mental health software programs

What do you like best?

I'm a licensed clinical social worker and one of the best features of Theranest is its speed, web-based interface, and portability, versus the clunkier medical software I used when I worked in public agency settings. Intakes, progress notes, and treatment plans are fairly succinct and easy to add, while still being comprehensive and thorough enough to include fields for information needed. It also includes support for multiple practitioners under one practice, which is helpful as an overlay for what the day looks like for each person scheduled.

What do you dislike?

One issue I have seen at times has been bugs or glitches when recurring appointments are entered. Sometimes appointments from files that have been closed keep appearing despite having had the client archived. The mobile app is also useful for a quick glance at your day, but impractical for documentation work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Theranest is usually recommended for smaller practices. You may want to consult with them about scalability as your practice grows, especially if you're adding a large amount of clients and multiple practitioners.

I work at a small practice with no traditional desk space, so it has been helpful to use my laptop to do my paperwork at my convenience.

TheraNest review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

Very helpful but many glitches

What do you like best?

I like that Theranest is easy to use and anyone can be trained on how to use it. They have instant video trainings which are helpful and also people that can assist you via the chat. The only thing is that they usually take a day or two to respond.

What do you dislike?

The software usually glitches a lot and makes it frustrating when you are running a multi-professional atmosphere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always put in suggestions of what to add as it benefits and they do add some of the things if requested enough times.

We are solving a lot of problems. We ran across several issues in the past in regards to auditing and how things needed to be done and now Theranest helps with those issues.

TheraNest review by <span>Lisa C.</span>
Lisa C.

Incredible software

What do you like best?

It is incredibly user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options in reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

More options on report building menu

Documenting notes for client sessions and submitting to insurance for billing

Learning about TheraNest?

* We monitor all TheraNest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.