TherapyNotes

(24 reviews)

TherapyNotes is an online practice management system for behavioral health, featuring an integrated system to manage your scheduling, notes, and billing.

Work for TherapyNotes?

Learning about TherapyNotes?

TherapyNotes Reviews

Showing 24 TherapyNotes reviews
TherapyNotes review by Chad S.
Chad S.

"Great software!!!"

What do you like best?

I like the way the billing and insurance team can communicate seamlessly within the software about insurance and copayment. You don’t have to guess at what people owe when they just bring you their card with no backup information.

What do you dislike?

The only downside for me is I don’t like taking payments as the clinician. That may be more practice issue than software, but I would prefer to stay out of that process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are features I’ve learned about that we don’t use. Consult with TN or check their YouTube channel to learn about all they have to offer!

It makes documentation and scheduling so much more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TherapyNotes
User in Mental Health Care

"Easy to use once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

I like that I can open multiple pages at a time to reference past sessions. I like that you can use the history button to pull up the clients medication lists and past information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that their is only one timestamp associated with the note. If I have to make a minor correction requested by my supervisor then the timestamp sets to when I send it in the most recent time instead of listing both times. My supervisor is able to see my history on a document but it does not show up for me. I also dislike that we are unable to customize the way billing is printed out so we can directly send to the state for reimbursement. Instead we need to take the billing and put into the state's format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial which will be able to accurately let you see how you like it.

Online charts are amazing because I can access while I'm court testifying or in school meetings (I do mobile outpatient work). I love that I can audio record through my Bluetooth as well.

What Mental Health solution do you use?

TherapyNotes review by Josephine P.
Josephine P.

"Simple to Use When It Works"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Excellent to do list system. Makes sure I stay on top of notes for electronic claims submission. Automatically prompts to update after information is a year old or client turns eighteen. Also I love being able to set up automated text reminders.

What do you dislike?

It has completely crashed and kicked the whole company off for anywhere from minutes to a week. Also occasionally kicks me out while writing progress notes.

Would also prefer some internal messaging system without having to decline a note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use and great for high volume

Allows fast and simple submission of claims and prompt payment.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator

"Good at Some Things - Not So Good at Others"

What do you like best?

Therapynotes offers telephone support, which helps when guidance is needed in real time. The software is feature rich, and provides a one stop shop for practice management.

What do you dislike?

Client portal has taken several years to come to life. So far, it is very limited and does not add to what they offer. They keep promising improvements, but they are slow coming. Software does not offer a way to track authorizations by expiration date or total number of sessions. There is a work-a-round, but it is quite cumbersome and inefficient.

I wish there was an app so that it is easier to access information on a mobile device. They will say that you can access in your browser, but the text is then too small and navigation is difficult.

Therapynotes does not offer customizable online intake or notes templates.

Therapy notes does not have a way to integrate the client portal with my practice website. This would allow for clients to schedule an appointment without having to leave my website.

Overall, although this software package offers a lot of features, there is still much room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and select the best EHR for you. There are many options out there. Many of them say they will help you move over to them if you are using another service, but truth is, moving is quite a daunting task. Test them out and see what fits with your practice.

I use this for practice management, notes, billing, etc. I would use it for more, but it does not offer customization.

TherapyNotes review by User

"Super helpful in understanding the availability of counselors"

What do you like best?

We are able to see approximately 200 counselors schedules in Therapy Noes. We use it in conjunction with Share Point and it's easy to search counselors schedules while on the phone with clients. You can even see how many new appointments the counselor has vs. follow up. There's a monthly view which enables you to see if a counselor does every other week appointments and we are able to enter billing codes and notes which can be understood by the other departments.

What do you dislike?

Counselors can choose to not update their schedules which can be frustrating. We have to use a secondary search tool to figure out the counselors specialties and to narrow down the insurance the specific counselor takes. It would be great if that were all in one location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Counselors keep your schedules up to date if others are scheduling for you :D

Scheduling counselors in real time to avoid double bookings and communicating billing notes with coworkers.

TherapyNotes review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Easiest use of DAP notes"

What do you like best?

I like how there are progress and DAP notes that are ready made and I need to just fill in the appropriate information. It makes writing notes easier and much faster and allows me to move on to the next client.

What do you dislike?

For the calendar setting, I would like it if I was able to see notes for each appointment. I’m not sure if that option was there. When taking appointments, if there was anything that I would like to add, I want to be able to see that on the calendar

Streamlining the therapy sessions and being able to take notes quickly. There is not a lot of time between clients, and having ready made templates make that transition smoother.

TherapyNotes review by User

"Good for use on the go"

What do you like best?

I like that I can remote in on my own computer while still remaining complaint with confidentiality and security. Additionally, I like the ease of the sections for notes and the support it gives to develop a mini mental status for each session as well as treatment planning.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program will freeze or crash on my personal computer. I also find the loading time to often be quite slow and stalled at times so it takes longer than I'd like to write things.

Ease of reporting and keeping track of clients. Ease of billing and for insurance purposes.

"Effective, a few cons "

What do you like best?

I love the to do list! I love the sync to my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scheduling options. I dislike that there is no feature to hide clients names or abbreviate.

The scheduling options are not user friendly for those of us that have fluctuating schedules from week to week. It’s a lot of work to enter my schedule from week to week without a feature to enter a start and end date of availability. For example, kids get out of school in June so my hours will be daytime. However, now they are nights - there’s no easy way to make the change. Scheduling

TherapyNotes review by Deanna O.
Deanna O.

"Therapy Notes- great program but room for impr"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, user friendly, quick and easy on the billera,

What do you dislike?

Secondary billing has to be done via paper claims or through office ally or another clearinghouse. If the clinician puts in the wrong for code you can't change it

Billing claims, entering new patient/s, scheduling, there Facebook page has an abundance of information and continuing education courses. Those are all benefits

TherapyNotes review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Great program to use!"

What do you like best?

I use this for one of my Clients, she's a psychologist. It's easy to use, fast to navigate through. I never have any issues.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with the product and plan on staying with it

Keeps all information organized and in one place. Less paperwork

TherapyNotes review by Carly S.
Carly S.

"Everything I need"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the text reminder updates that are available to clients. It also is great for condensing all information needed in one place.

What do you dislike?

The "to do" is a little frustration of a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it!

It is solving my concerns about billing, and staying organized. I am able to have all my clients in one place.

TherapyNotes review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"I use Therapy Notes to document hourly counseling sessions with clients."

What do you like best?

Therapy Notes provides a user-friendly platform to document sessions along with free CEU's and training pertinent to my field.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as of yet. It provides everything that I need to document cases.

Confidential and concise documentation of counseling sessions.

TherapyNotes review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of being able to sync my phone and especially how you can set the sechedules for client and only have they’re initials instead of full name allowing for more privacy and neatness.

What do you dislike?

I’m not a big fan of the “to-do” list it features.

I’m able to stay organized and I absolutely love that. And it also let me store a lot of information in one place it’s very convenient.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Very simple and efficient software"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, and contacting Support is a pleasant and quick experience.

What do you dislike?

Would love a way to text clients through Therapy Notes.

Uploading insurance cards into Therapy Notes streamlines the billing process, and the ERA's are very quick to process.

TherapyNotes review by LaTasha W.
LaTasha W.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Keeps track of important data. User friendly software

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about it. I have zero complaints.

Organized Electronic Health Records. Benefits I've realized are how organized it can be.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fun easy product for Home Health"

What do you like best?

I like that all the notes are digital. Makes it much easier than having to deal with paper notes. Everything is stored neatly. No paper mess. Everything is sorted. Very organized.

What do you dislike?

One thing I did not like was that it crashed for me a few times and I lost quite a bit of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the bug issue

Everything is digital. No more keeping hundreds of paper notes. Less clutter.

User in Mental Health Care

"Private practice clinician "

What do you like best?

Very affordable for $49 a month. HIPAA and confidentiality complaint. Free email reminders. Keeps me in compliance. Professional notes and treatment plans if ever audited or subpoenaed.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a tablet or app based way to use product over encrypted server.

Providing hipaa appropriate EHR for mental health. I do not bill insurance so cannot speak to that.

User in Mental Health Care

"Works great for clinical not taking!"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy-great interface! Fun, interesting look.

What do you dislike?

If it included a teletherapy option on the siter that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have everything about your client all in one place!

Quick, efficient ways to do our clinical notes and record keeping.

TherapyNotes review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Therapy notes for the win!!!"

What do you like best?

Therapy notes is the best! Therapists jobs are easier when they use this!! The best part is it lowers the risk of losing notes!! Easy to take and convinent!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing is wrong with this company!!!!!!

Easy to take and save notes for patients make schedules and reduce stress!

TherapyNotes review by Administrator

"Best app ever!!!!"

What do you like best?

My Doc’s office uses this and I worked there for a couple weeks and wow, it was great. Simple, straight-forward and no-brained to use.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing about this program I disliked. GrNted, I only used it for two weeks but it was great.

Scheduling appointments.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and the customer service isn't fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Many times it stops working due to updates

It would nice it it had an app for the website. Therapynotes is very easy to use and pretty straightforward in how it works and fees and customer service is amazing!

TherapyNotes review by Consultant in Mental Health Care
Consultant in Mental Health Care

"Great software "

What do you like best?

You can costumize the software to fit your practice. I also appreciate the to do list as well. Great feature!

What do you dislike?

I wish the product did spell check as you went along.

Keeps all therapists organized

TherapyNotes review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Depression "

What do you like best?

The way you learn ways to deal with different situations

What do you dislike?

How there are not many people who don't care about depression

How to deal with different situations

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to navigate platform and simple directives for entering information

What do you dislike?

There is nothing of note that I don’t like

Able to document and organize client data

Learning about TherapyNotes?

* We monitor all TherapyNotes reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.