TherapyNotes

TherapyNotes is an online practice management system for behavioral health, featuring an integrated system to manage your scheduling, notes, and billing.

Work for TherapyNotes?

Learning about TherapyNotes?

TherapyNotes Reviews

Ask TherapyNotes a Question
Showing 13 TherapyNotes reviews
TherapyNotes review by Administrator

"Good at Some Things - Not So Good at Others"

What do you like best?

Therapynotes offers telephone support, which helps when guidance is needed in real time. The software is feature rich, and provides a one stop shop for practice management.

What do you dislike?

Client portal has taken several years to come to life. So far, it is very limited and does not add to what they offer. They keep promising improvements, but they are slow coming. Software does not offer a way to track authorizations by expiration date or total number of sessions. There is a work-a-round, but it is quite cumbersome and inefficient.

I wish there was an app so that it is easier to access information on a mobile device. They will say that you can access in your browser, but the text is then too small and navigation is difficult.

Therapynotes does not offer customizable online intake or notes templates.

Therapy notes does not have a way to integrate the client portal with my practice website. This would allow for clients to schedule an appointment without having to leave my website.

Overall, although this software package offers a lot of features, there is still much room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and select the best EHR for you. There are many options out there. Many of them say they will help you move over to them if you are using another service, but truth is, moving is quite a daunting task. Test them out and see what fits with your practice.

I use this for practice management, notes, billing, etc. I would use it for more, but it does not offer customization.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TherapyNotes
User in Mental Health Care

"Easy to use once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

I like that I can open multiple pages at a time to reference past sessions. I like that you can use the history button to pull up the clients medication lists and past information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that their is only one timestamp associated with the note. If I have to make a minor correction requested by my supervisor then the timestamp sets to when I send it in the most recent time instead of listing both times. My supervisor is able to see my history on a document but it does not show up for me. I also dislike that we are unable to customize the way billing is printed out so we can directly send to the state for reimbursement. Instead we need to take the billing and put into the state's format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial which will be able to accurately let you see how you like it.

Online charts are amazing because I can access while I'm court testifying or in school meetings (I do mobile outpatient work). I love that I can audio record through my Bluetooth as well.

What Mental Health solution do you use?

TherapyNotes review by <span>Josephine P.</span>
Josephine P.

"Simple to Use When It Works"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Excellent to do list system. Makes sure I stay on top of notes for electronic claims submission. Automatically prompts to update after information is a year old or client turns eighteen. Also I love being able to set up automated text reminders.

What do you dislike?

It has completely crashed and kicked the whole company off for anywhere from minutes to a week. Also occasionally kicks me out while writing progress notes.

Would also prefer some internal messaging system without having to decline a note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use and great for high volume

Allows fast and simple submission of claims and prompt payment.

TherapyNotes review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Easiest use of DAP notes"

What do you like best?

I like how there are progress and DAP notes that are ready made and I need to just fill in the appropriate information. It makes writing notes easier and much faster and allows me to move on to the next client.

What do you dislike?

For the calendar setting, I would like it if I was able to see notes for each appointment. I’m not sure if that option was there. When taking appointments, if there was anything that I would like to add, I want to be able to see that on the calendar

Streamlining the therapy sessions and being able to take notes quickly. There is not a lot of time between clients, and having ready made templates make that transition smoother.

"Effective, a few cons "

What do you like best?

I love the to do list! I love the sync to my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scheduling options. I dislike that there is no feature to hide clients names or abbreviate.

The scheduling options are not user friendly for those of us that have fluctuating schedules from week to week. It’s a lot of work to enter my schedule from week to week without a feature to enter a start and end date of availability. For example, kids get out of school in June so my hours will be daytime. However, now they are nights - there’s no easy way to make the change. Scheduling

TherapyNotes review by <span>Deanna O.</span>
Deanna O.

"Therapy Notes- great program but room for impr"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, user friendly, quick and easy on the billera,

What do you dislike?

Secondary billing has to be done via paper claims or through office ally or another clearinghouse. If the clinician puts in the wrong for code you can't change it

Billing claims, entering new patient/s, scheduling, there Facebook page has an abundance of information and continuing education courses. Those are all benefits

TherapyNotes review by <span>Carly S.</span>
Carly S.

"Everything I need"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the text reminder updates that are available to clients. It also is great for condensing all information needed in one place.

What do you dislike?

The "to do" is a little frustration of a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it!

It is solving my concerns about billing, and staying organized. I am able to have all my clients in one place.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Very simple and efficient software"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, and contacting Support is a pleasant and quick experience.

What do you dislike?

Would love a way to text clients through Therapy Notes.

Uploading insurance cards into Therapy Notes streamlines the billing process, and the ERA's are very quick to process.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fun easy product for Home Health"

What do you like best?

I like that all the notes are digital. Makes it much easier than having to deal with paper notes. Everything is stored neatly. No paper mess. Everything is sorted. Very organized.

What do you dislike?

One thing I did not like was that it crashed for me a few times and I lost quite a bit of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the bug issue

Everything is digital. No more keeping hundreds of paper notes. Less clutter.

User in Mental Health Care

"Works great for clinical not taking!"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy-great interface! Fun, interesting look.

What do you dislike?

If it included a teletherapy option on the siter that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have everything about your client all in one place!

Quick, efficient ways to do our clinical notes and record keeping.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and the customer service isn't fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Many times it stops working due to updates

It would nice it it had an app for the website. Therapynotes is very easy to use and pretty straightforward in how it works and fees and customer service is amazing!

TherapyNotes review by Consultant in Mental Health Care
Consultant in Mental Health Care

"Great software "

What do you like best?

You can costumize the software to fit your practice. I also appreciate the to do list as well. Great feature!

What do you dislike?

I wish the product did spell check as you went along.

Keeps all therapists organized

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to navigate platform and simple directives for entering information

What do you dislike?

There is nothing of note that I don’t like

Able to document and organize client data

Learning about TherapyNotes?

* We monitor all TherapyNotes reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.