Thunderbird

Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize - and it's loaded with great features!

Work for Thunderbird?
Ibmnotes email  2x

Learning about Thunderbird?

Thunderbird Reviews

Showing 99 Thunderbird reviews
Thunderbird review by <span>Jessica K.</span>
Jessica K.

Mozilla Thunderbird - A relevant application to work with

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is fully featured, a secure and a very functional email application. The app lets the user handle the emails efficiently and easily. This Mozilla program filters away all the junk mails so easily that even a novice user has no issues to work with it.There are some views, filters, smart folders, tags, etc. which helps a user to manage different emails in Mozilla Thunderbird in a hassle-free way.

The application gets rid of the complete junk mail precisely from the user account. It even detects the scams too

What do you dislike?

As such I liked each and feature of the application, from the day I have started using it. There are just 1-2 minor things that need to be changed or optimized such as, the Mozilla Thunderbird RSS feed reader can be integrated better and it can also offer more power even. The Thunderbird application can be more helpful if one can do suggesting tags or reply text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As such, there isn't anything to be changed, according to me.

This Mozilla application offers a relevant and streamlined interface along with a very powerful email package. Not only is Thunderbird a secure email client; it even does not have sophisticated spam filter knock out most junk mail. Mozilla Thunderbird program even helps a user to organize and find the good and original emails.

It also provides flexible views, free-form tags, powerful filters and the virtual folders make it a snap to handle a very large amount of emails.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Thunderbird
Thunderbird review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

Free email management

What do you like best?

Free email management, support different email provider email send and receive.

Custom tag for bookmark email, let user easy handle email category.

What do you dislike?

Sometime Thunderbird will show out the last email content and attachment, not the current receive email content. User need refresh software or click other email folder to refresh email content.

Some image missing when the image is show in email content and attach file in email.

Some special character such as "->" in email content, Thunderbird will show " à ".

But it not support mobile view, do not have function for user view email using mobile view in PC way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have extra powerful email tools, you can try to use this software. It is free and it can support basic function for you. Although sometime it has some error, it can be accept i think.

Remind you again, It is FREE.

Show out the source code for email, when i need to check out some edm content it help me solve the problem. Auto block some not trust source image.

What Email solution do you use?

Thunderbird review by <span>Serge B.</span>
Serge B.

The best tool for my mails and agenda.

What do you like best?

This is a great tool I use to manage all my several mails accounts . I like all the options of filtering and the agenda !

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that I can't have a filtering rule for all my accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

thunderbird is a free, easy, and fast solution to manage your emails !

I had to find a solution for my business and my private emails, I manage several private and business account, all is clear and in one place only. Also, Thunderbird filter the spam, and help me to range my folders. I synchronise my agendas with my google account an dcan knoxw set an appointment directly form my mail box. Thunderbird is usefull also for managing the email adresses, I had a lot and with some tools I car order them with som plugins. The fact is that now, i have no spam at all, the tool has deleted all the spams. There are a lot of usefull plugins and I can not tell wich is the best, I like some adresse recovering plugins, that helps me for doing my lists of personns I want to write. As I write some newsletters, It is always an horror to filter them to hav a clean list, now I have.

I could not work at all without thunderbird since I have tested it, it is an every day fellow !

Thunderbird review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.

Thunderbird - A Solid, Free Email Management Application

What do you like best?

Anytime I can save money by not having to buy something for the solution is an advantage in my mind. I think this is especially true for personal use and for individuals that are self-employed and trying to save on expenses wherever they can find the opportunity.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I've gotten spoiled by the features I've gotten used to as normal with an enterprise email application like Outlook. Because I've used Outlook for so long, it just makes it harder to make the transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're wanting a good offline email client and would prefer to stay away from Microsoft products, this is probably one of your next choices.

Obvious business problem is providing an offline email solution for individuals to use when needed. For that capacity, this program works well, so the benefits my clients have enjoyed have been worthwhile for them and their needs.

Thunderbird review by <span>Phillip M.</span>
Phillip M.

Amazing email service allows for integrated communication across multiple OS

What do you like best?

The best thing about Thunderbird is the ability to set it to deploy with pre-configured settings for multiple operating systems. For example, Server Admins and some programming staff may be necessary to work on linux/unix operating systems. As such, it can be deployed on those machines with their needs in mind.

On the other hand, business administration employees whose tasks would be better suited for Windows machines can likewise be very similarly configured before being deployed on those machines.

Not to mention, the graphical design teams tend to prefer Mac/Unix machines, and can be configured and deployed very similarly on their machines as well.

It truly allows for a cross operating system deployment with minimum extra effort spent by the IT department.

What do you dislike?

I can't particularly think of anything that I dislike about Thunderbird. It is cutting edge as far as scalability, security, and has excellent native-support for all common operating systems. Furthermore, it creates a unified environment for company users, so that it is only necessary to train/troubleshoot employees on a single email system. This creates less of a burden on the IT Department, and it keeps users from having to learn a new system any time they may transfer to a different department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone that has reason to deploy multiple different operating systems within their company, and wish to maintain some uniformity in the email clients their employees utilize.

The major problem solved is having a uniform platform that all employees employ. This reduces confusion drastically when troubleshooting. It also allows user to take advantage of the Thunderbird scheduling features to keep employees on the same page on regards to meetings etc. Also, due to Thunderbird being available software that they can utilize on their personal devices, it allows employees to stay connected from their home environments if they are authorized to do so. If they are not, then it is configurable to deny access from outside the work environment. All in all, it helps with workflow, security, and uniform communication throughout the company.

P.S.

I have uploaded a screenshot of my personal Thunderbird account due to confidentiality agreements.

Thunderbird review by <span>Regan M.</span>
Regan M.

White Label Email For Business Made Easy

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is an easy application to use and install. It is compatible with white label business addresses, which is great for branding. Additionally, it has many defaults built-in to protect from viruses.

What do you dislike?

The application is not as easily compatible with Apple products, although after going through the proper avenues to access the e-mail on the iPhone, there has not been any further issues. I would prefer it be compatible with Google Calendars, as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, work with someone who is experienced in the software to help you ensure compatibility across different platforms you use.

Thunderbird allows us to easily communicate with clients and team members within our brand standards.

Learning about Thunderbird?

* We monitor all Thunderbird reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.