Do you work for Thunderbird?

Thunderbird Reviews & Product Details

What is Thunderbird?

Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize - and it's loaded with great features!

Thunderbird Profile Details

Thunderbird Profile Details

Mozilla
Description
At Mozilla, they are a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web.
2005

Thunderbird Reviews

1-50 of 146 total Thunderbird reviews

Thunderbird Reviews

1-50 of 146 total Thunderbird reviews
Thunderbird review by Theresa H.
Software Developer
(Myself Only)

"Best email client for Desktop"

What do you like best?

At work and at home I have been using Thunderbird for some time, thanks to Thunderbird I can manage my company and personal mail at the same time without having to enter the respective websites of each service.

The best of Thunderbird for me would be:

- Multi platform application that allows to run on Mac, Windows or Linux

- Many years of development that make Thunderbird a completely stable application

- Simple interface

- Requires little hard disk installation space

- Low CPU and RAM consumption

What do you dislike?

There's nothing wrong with Thunderbird, it's a mail application and it works perfectly, I have not seen any bug so far. I would say that they could improve their interface or make them support plugins or themes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in your work (or at home) you handle a lot of emails I recommend that you use Thunderbird because you will gain a lot of time to spend on other things. Before I had to consult 6 email accounts one by one and I lost almost 30 minutes a day, now in 5 minutes I can check all my mail! And the best part is that you do not have to pay anything for the license because it's free

The problems that Thunderbird solves at work (also at home) is that it allows me to be more efficient and occupy time in other more important tasks. Another benefit is that Thunderbird is Open source and free.

Thunderbird review by Seth M.
Support Specialist
Automotive

"Maybe the best client for your business and personal mails"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is a tool we have been using in our business (and I personally also in others) for some time because Thunderbird allows you to manage dozens of company emails, personal or of any kind without problem.

Technically the application is very stable although it is normal because Thunderbird has many years of development so it could be said that it is practically a finished product, although it is still being updated and adding new functionalities.

The requirements of Thunderbird are really low or nonexistent, opening the application will not involve any work for your computer.

Another Thunderbird thing that I like is your work team belongs to the Mozilla foundation that works for open source software. It is also multi platform supporting all the most used operating systems currently on the market such as Windows, Mac or Linux.

What do you dislike?

Sincerely the application does not have any serious flaws, as I said it has many years of development and is free of important bugs.

If I have to say something that I would like you to implement is some way of applying themes to change the aspect of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you use Thunderbird if you are looking for a way to access all your emails without wasting time checking one by one in their respective web platform.

In my work as a support I receive dozens of emails of different types every day, clients, work companions, bosses etc .. having different emails if I had to check all one by one I would lose a lot of time that I do not have, thanks to Thunderbird I can always know if a new email has arrived without worrying about what account it belongs to because it manages all the accounts as if they were one.

Thunderbird review by Antonio B.
Software Programmer

"Amazing email client"

What do you like best?

For me the best thing about thunderbird is the possibility of managing all your email accounts at the same time, for example I have two business emails, two personal emails, and three for other purposes. I can receive several emails at a time in different accounts without problem, to do it through the browser should have several tabs open and even close and open sessions several times to check all my emails.

The best of thunderbird:

- Multi platform (Linux, Windows and Mac available)

- Open source and free

- The Mozilla foundation and its philosophy always in favor of open source software and the comfort of knowing that you are not being spied

- Supports almost all existing email services by default, if it does not work you can always choose the manual settings.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that some services limit the number of requests for the same email domain, if for example you have two outlook emails you will not be able to consult them at the same time as Microsoft limits a connection every several minutes. Obviously this is not a problem of thunderbird but I wonder if it is possible to solve it via software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying several mail clients I must say that Thunderbird is totally superior to the rest in all aspects, especially in the most important is the price.

Definitely I recommend Thunderbird if you need to manage several emails and you are looking for a free solution that works reliably.

We work in a large department and manage several email accounts both company and personal and we need to be aware of the latest news that come through the mail, thanks to Thunderbird we can manage all our mail and free of charge.

Thunderbird review by Andrew L.
Online Marketing Consultant

"The best alternative to Outlook for a desktop mail client. "

What do you like best?

Web mail clients, such as GMail are adequate if you're managing one inbox but if you need to monitor a number of email addresses all day, every day and without cluttering up your web browser with lots of open tabs then a desktop client is what you need. Free and open source, Thunderbird fills the gap that many Outlook Express and Windows Mail users have without the need to turn to bloated Outlook.

Also development of this software is pretty much frozen, except for the occasional update. The developers aren't messing with it for the sake of it, bloat isn't being added, much loved features aren't being taken away. The Thunderbird you use today is the one you'll be using in a few months and that's great because, seriously, how many more features does an email client need!

What do you dislike?

The add-ons and themes directory could do with clearing out - there are too many extensions that are incompatible with the latest version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's an extension that will let Thunderbird's calendar sync with G Suite! It's brilliant!

Thunderbird, as desktop client, makes it far easier to manage and access multiple mailboxes than webmail. If you have to look at 2 or more mailboxes all day, this is the way forward.

Thunderbird review by Miguel Angel A.
Instructor Professor
(5001-10,000 employees)

"The best free (as in freedom and beer) email client"

What do you like best?

There are four great things about Thunderbrid:

1) It's very easy to setup new accounts. If you use a well known email provider, like Gmail, Microsoft or Yahoo!, Thunderbird is able to automatically set up everything for you. All you need to do is click on the authorize button it shows you to enable Thunderbird to login to your account. Setting up an account on a private e-mail server is also very easy to do.

2) It's very easy to make backups: just copy your profile folder anywhere and you're good to go. This also makes it very easy to migrate your Thunderbird data to another machine.

3) It has a full-featured search function: You can search by keyword or phrase or by regular expressions, and you can limit your search to certain accounts, or search by participant in any conversation, among many other things.

4) It protects your privacy: media files in your mail are not downloaded and shown by default so you cannot be tracked when checking your email. This can be disabled on a per-mail, per-account or per-profile basis if you want to, however.

What do you dislike?

Two things:

1) It can consume a considerable amount of hard drive space (my Thunderbird profile is about 10 GB after 4 years of use) since it downloads and caches any mail that you open. If you just check the headlines then it doesn't download anything, however.

2) There is no minimize-to-tray function. This was easy to fix in previous versions of Thunderbird with an extension (Thunderbird extensions are just like Firefox browser extensions), but the latest versions (from 2018 onwards) do not support any minimize-to-tray extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just like it's sibling Firefox, Thunderbird requires a moderately modern machine to work. Other than that, it's both free, full-featured and easy to set-up so trying it out should not be any problem at all.

I use Thunderbird to handle all my email accounts, including my personal account Gmail account and several work related Gmail and institutional accounts. Thunderbird is compatible with SMTP, IMAP and POP3 e-mail servers so it works with any provider, like Google, Microsoft or even your own servers

Thunderbird review by Robertegs1 g.
Supervisor de operaciones
Oil & Energy

"very good efficient and fast email software"

What do you like best?

The Mail Account Configuration Wizard

Before this functionality, you had to know your IMAP, SMTP and SSL / TLS configurations. Now all you need to do is write your name, email address and password, and the assistant will automatically search our database and find the right configuration for each person

What do you dislike?

There are several things that I do not like at all about the Thunderbird, but basically all are reduced to one in my opinion you have to look for life locating and installing add-ons that enable us functionalities or something similar.

The idea of ​​these plugins, in principle, is not so bad either. It allows the programs to grow through ideas provided by external developers to the original application, either because the official developers did not think about them or did not consider them enough to incorporate them, but for other people they are important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To manually set up an email account, you should know the following information, which is usually provided by your email provider

for more information and support visit

It is an open source, it has been working for many years and being a very popular mail client, with add-ons for personalization

It is free, operates on multiple platforms and has various customization options and I am working on business in the company on solids control in oil fields.

Thunderbird review by Sherry T.
Freelance Editor | Copywriter | Writer | Proofreader
Writing and Editing

"Thunderbird is great for multiple accounts"

What do you like best?

I have been using Thunderbird for years. As a freelancer, I have personal accounts, business accounts, and client accounts. I currently have 11 email accounts to keep track of daily. I love that you can color code accounts, use colored tags for important emails, to-dos, etc. They are also color-coded and user-defined. I can create HTML signatures, have chat accounts including Twitter, RSS Feeds etc., and choose from dozens of useful add-ons. There is also a calendar add-on, which is currently not working. There is also a unified inbox, while not practical for my use, but could be to others.

What do you dislike?

Thunderbird was not maintained for several years but has recently been given a much-needed update. Unfortunately, many of my add-ons are not currently working. Hopefully, the creators of these add-on extensions will update their products so they can be used with the newer software. Once the add-ons and extensions have been upgraded and I can use my calendar again, it will be perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thunderbird has been and continues to be a great application for email. Along with the integrated feature and add-ons and extensions available, it is the only email that works for my multiple email accounts.

The ability to have all of my email accounts in one application! I can easily see what account has new mail without having to open a separate app or view.

Thunderbird review by Robert  S.

"good free email program"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is a good program that manages different email clients, both business and personal. It is capable of managing multiple mail accounts without any problem. It divides them into tabs and when clicking, it expands the inbox and all the other folders in the mail.

It syncs very quickly and emails are received in real time.

Every time you receive an email, a popup appears and it sounds. It is very useful if you are waiting for mail or if you are away from the computer so you can hear it immediately.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the lack of updates that this program has. There are many things that can be improved, especially the slowness of the program if there are many emails in the inbox. They must be sorted or erased so that it works smoothly.

I do not like the mail display to be below, and there is no tab or popup to read the mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to everyone that you need a free program to control, read and respond to electronic mail. To be free, it is one of the best ones on the market.

Mainly, in my company we use it as the main program to read and send electronic mail. It is a great program that for now serves us quite well.

Thunderbird review by Victoria P.

"Email made easier"

What do you like best?

I mainly installed the thunderbird because it incorporated an agenda within the email client. I usually receive emails with customer appointments and I'm very good at pointing directly to the agenda.

When viewing the calendar next to you, you have a much clearer view of free days and busy days.

I love being able to incorporate different emails from different websites to work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to change email. If you want to delete an account it is very difficult. It has so many options and tabs that it is not at first sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to everyone that you need a program to manage email and that it is easy to install, easy and very easy to use. It really is fantastic.

In my company, we use this program as the main client to receive emails. All the employees use this client and they are all very happy because it is very easy to use and quite intuitive.

Thunderbird review by Juanjo R.

"One of the best free software to manage emails"

What do you like best?

- We use this software at work to have all the emails of the employees in the same computer, so that we never lose time in answering the clients effectively.

- It is free and has many features and add-ons.

- almost everyone in our company knows how to use it. It has a very intuitive interface, and for a typical use (write, answer, delete emails) is perfect.

- It has a fairly large community because the program is open source.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes the program stops suddenly and crashes.

- When you have to dump a lot of information in the emails (copy, delete multiple files or upload them) sometimes it goes very slow.

- Programmers tend to update their interfaces to make them more accessible and modern, but it seems that thunderbird programmers do not update the software as they should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, free email manager with lots of possibilities. For a company it is perfect to manage all the accounts of employees

- It allows us to keep order with emails to always follow guidelines and never waste time and get along with customers

Thunderbird review by Tracy S.
Developer

"Free email client"

What do you like best?

This program offers the multiple management of different electronic mail accounts and for free.

I like the option you have to preview the mail without having to open it completely.

You can also see the subject of the mail clearly without being cut. The images of the mail are seen correctly not like Gmail that often removes them.

You can receive the electronic mail in real time without having to update the inbox.

What do you dislike?

In order to use the calendar and the tasks you need to install an extension. I think the program should provide these tools within the same program without having to install any other extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just recommend this program to anyone looking for alternatives to the typical mail client. This will please you, it's free and very easy to set up. Try it.

I use this program to manage email but also as an agenda and as a management of tasks since it has the extension that offers these extra features. You have all the needs in one program.

My company manages different emails and the program allows us to manage it much more quickly.

Thunderbird review by Albert C.

"Un buen gestor de correo electrónico"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor para mi es el poder tener múltiples cuentas de correo electrónico en un solo programa. Es muy útil si tienes una empresa con muchas cuentas o simplemente quieres tener todas tus cuentas personales en un solo sitio. Es gratuito y una buena alternativa a Outlook.

Puedes gestionar tus cuentas de correo con etiquetas, colores, carpetas, etc. para poder tener mejor organizado tu correo, así como escoger qué tipo de avisos y alertas quieres recibir.

Además, con la aplicación móvil tengo la posibilidad de recibir dónde y cuando necesito, todos los correos que me mandan.

What do you dislike?

Si gestionas muchas cuentas con muchos correos tiende a ir lento. El diseño del programa podría ser más moderno.

Da la sensación de que Gmail o Outlook está más extendidos que Thunderbird.

La aplicación para teléfono móvil (android en mi caso) podría ir más fluida y ser un poco más sencilla de utilizar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendado si tienes que gestionar muchas cuentas de correo, y quieres tenerlas en la misma bandeja del programa.

Tengo una empresa con muchas cuentas de correo electrónico, y este programa me facilita mucho poder tener en una misma ventana todas las cuentas, ahorrándome mucho tiempo.

Thunderbird review by Patricia X.

"Free alternative to manage your email"

What do you like best?

It is a great program to manage both personal and work email. It has a very simple and simple interface to use.

What I liked most is to be able to add multiple emails and that you do not have to configure it, just add the email and the password and the program does everything for you.

It allows you to manage mail in folders and tags with the name you want, without any of its defaults.

What do you dislike?

The interface of the program is a bit old-fashioned. It would be nicer if you were upgraded a bit.

To clear an account is very difficult and you have to look very well to find it. They could change this feature a bit and make it easier for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all those who need to administer their email and they need a free alternative that works well. I recommend it to all those who need to administer their email and they need a free alternative that works well.

I use it to manage the company mail. Being a free program is an alternative to take into account because the outlook is expensive and not so efficient.

Thunderbird review by Laura G.

"Good to manage emails"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is a good email manager, it is easy to configure and very efficient. It does not consume many system resources and that is important when you work with many programs at the same time. It alerts you instantly when you have an email. It's great.

It allows to classify the email by folders and labels and you can add more accounts if you want.

Its interface is quite intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about this program is that it costs a lot to change the configuration parameters or delete the account. It is a bit farfetched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a free option you have to keep in mind as an alternative of Outlook. It is great for small and large companies because it offers a variety of possibilities. You can add as many email accounts as you need and allow you to compress or expand the account information as needed.

I use it to manage the email mainly. It is much easier to use than the one used by many hosting services.

It allows synchronization with your calendar and warns you of the events you have.

Thunderbird review by John P.

"Good software to manage your email accounts"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI to do it's job. You add the account, the password and that's it. You do not have to configure anything else because the program does it all for you.

You also can use Thunderbird as an agenda because it has a calendar to manage all your appointments.

It's very fast to load at first, it's true that sometimes it takes a lot but you can change the reload timer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a lot of time to receve the emails, it may be that you have a timer that only reloads the emails every so often.

The interface of the application could be modernized a bit because it seems a bit old-fashioned and somewhat simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all those who need a program to manage the mail and who do not want to use Outlook. It is much easier to use, the accounts are much more visual than the other programs.

I use it to manage the email of my company that I have. It is more comfortable to use Thunderbird than the email manager that provides the server of my web.

Thunderbird review by Angel F.
R&D Engineer

"The ultimate mail manager"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is a great email manager, user friendly and powerful.

I really like the interface of the application, it helps the user to do most of the job without too many clicks and gives the users a lot of visual feedback to know the emails status and their relationships between a emails thread.

The options to manage multiple accounts within the application are straightforward.

Thunderbird has also a lot of great plugins which can be installed easily to boost its functionalities, helping users to connect Thunderbird seamlessly with other software products used in the daily work.

Another good aspect of Thunderbird is its resources consumption level, which is really low in comparison which other similar products.

The options to organize the mails using a folder structure and tags are really useful to find easily those old mails you need to recover for some reason.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Thunderbird consumes a lot of disk space keeping physical offline copies of all the emails you get on your inbox.

The search functionaly is good but doesn't feel to be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thunderbird is a powerful tool for mail management which offers a lot of great functionalities for free.

Thunderbird helps users to manage and organize the mail reducing the time used for that purpose and in a less chaotic way.

Its user interface is easy to use and gives enough functionalities to cover almost every need regarding mail management.

Thunderbird review by Hugo F.

"Organiza tu correo"

What do you like best?

Cuenta con un calendario en el que puedes organizar tus próximos eventos de forma muy sencilla. Puedes añadirle numerosos plugins para exprimir más el programa. Puedes guardar los correos en tu propio ordenador y en la nube. Otra cosa que me gusta es que puedes organizar tus correos en carpetas creadas por tí mismo para siempre saber donde se encuentra cada cosa.

What do you dislike?

En general me parece que cumple su función pero en ocasiones el programa se bloquea y hay que reiniciarlo, también tarda en cargar y va ligeramente lento. La interfaz cumple con lo esperado pero podría mejorar visualmente, modernizarse más.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendación gratuita que cumple al 100% con tus expectativas.

Con esta herramienta gratuita organizas tu correo de manera muy fácil y eficaz ya que cuenta con una interfaz muy clara con baja curva de aprendizaje, aprenderás a controlar el programa muy poco tiempo. Comunicación entre compañeros de trabajo y clientes.

Thunderbird review by German M.

"Alternativa gratuita."

What do you like best?

Es una gran alternativa a Outlook. Te permite catalogar todos tus emails en categorias, facilitando la organización y la claridad en tus correos. Ademas, es muy facil de configurar al principio, solo hace falta poner tu correo y la contraseña y ya esta. Cabe añadir que es gratuita.

What do you dislike?

La interfaz es un poco fea, la verdad es que parece más antiguo de lo que realmente es. Podrian modernizar un poco el aspecto. No todos los correos son fáciles de configurar, si tienes uno corporativo tendrás que ir añadiendo los parámetros de configuración que te ofrece el servidor o el host

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si quieres una alternativa mucho más fácil de configurar que Outlook, gratuita y que te facilitará la vida, elige Thunderbird. Un buen software que no te dará fallos de conexión, te ayudara en tu gestión de correos. Solo tendras que tener la paciencia de configurarlos todos.

Lo utilizo para gestionar el correo electronico en mi dia a dia, tanto en el trabajo como en mi vida personal. Es una buena herramienta que te permite alojar varios correos y mantenerte informado y organizado. Lo recomiendo mucho la verdad. Es un buen software

Thunderbird review by Damian F.

"Una buena aplicación para acceder a tus correos"

What do you like best?

Puedes gestionar tus correos electrónicos, chatear con más miembros de este software, unirte a grupos de noticias y también a canales, añadir direcciones y etiquetas y gestionar la cantidad de correos que entran en tu bandeja.

What do you dislike?

Consume constantemente RAM por su funcionamiento continuo para la recepción de correos y más derivados que cuenta Thunderbird como mensajería y más apartados.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo utilizar la aplicación para gestionar tus correos electrónicos principalmente, también añade opciones secundarias como realizar conversaciones o unirte a grupos de noticias y opciones que permiten mayor conocimiento de lo que ocurre en la actualidad y maneras de entretenimiento totalmente gratis.

Utilizamos este cliente en nuestra empresa para la gestión de nuestros correos de empresa y organizarlos de manera eficiente con este programa, además, es de código abierto y cuenta con complementos para personalizar la aplicación como cada empleado desee, además, confiamos mucho en la seguridad que nos ofrece.

Thunderbird review by Robert A.

"Acceso a tus correos"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird es una gran aplicación que te permite acceder y gestionar tus correos a través de su aplicación accediendo unicamente a través de tu correo y contraseña, además dispone de chats y de etiquetado y filtrado rápido de información para realizar búsquedas más especificas.

Además, este software es totalmente gratuito y puedes descargandolo simplemente con acceder a su pagina web oficial sin necesidad de pagar.

What do you dislike?

Me recuerda mucho al aspecto que utilizaba Mozilla Firefox para su interfaz de correo electrónico,

Copiar y adjuntar correos como archivos adjuntos no es tan fácil en Thunderbird como en Outlook.

Necesita complementos para el calendario y muchas otras características. Los complementos pueden tardar mucho en cargar creando, retrasos, tiempos de carga más lentos, etc.

Aunque no veo últimamente muchas mejoras, lo veo como un proyecto un poco avandonado que tiene muchísimo potencial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thunderbird es preferido por muchos expertos en tecnología por varias razones, incluida que es un proyecto de código abierto, lo que permite que cualquier inspeccione y mejore la base de código, dicho esto, puedes trastear con el mismo programa o simplemente utilizarlo y probarlo ya que es gratis y no vas a perder nada por probarlo.

Gracias a Thunderbird, cuando he necesitado acceder a mis correos, ya que cuento con más de uno simplemente he accedido a ellos desde ahí, además es una manera más sencilla y fácil de organizarte si formas parte de un grupo de empresa y necesitas llevar rapidez en lo que realizas.

Thunderbird review by Alanna G.

"Great Email Application"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird allowed me to organize my personal and various work emails in one place. Thunderbird has made it easy for me to toggle between accounts, making my email experience much for efficient.

What do you dislike?

Thunderbird could improve default settings with relation to spacing, font style, etc. Sometimes that can get a bit wonky, which requires extra time to correct. Setting navigation could be a bit more transparent as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thunderbird is a great asset if you're managing several email accounts. It saves time and energy when accounts can be found in one place. It does a great job at filtering/monitoring spam as well. That's a huge bonus for us and one of the reasons we love it.

Thunderbird has made quickened our response time, allowing us to address our audience and customers at a much faster rate. We are able to increase our output with the use of this email application.

Thunderbird review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mozilla Thunderbird - A relevant application to work with"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is fully featured, a secure and a very functional email application. The app lets the user handle the emails efficiently and easily. This Mozilla program filters away all the junk mails so easily that even a novice user has no issues to work with it.There are some views, filters, smart folders, tags, etc. which helps a user to manage different emails in Mozilla Thunderbird in a hassle-free way.

The application gets rid of the complete junk mail precisely from the user account. It even detects the scams too

What do you dislike?

As such I liked each and feature of the application, from the day I have started using it. There are just 1-2 minor things that need to be changed or optimized such as, the Mozilla Thunderbird RSS feed reader can be integrated better and it can also offer more power even. The Thunderbird application can be more helpful if one can do suggesting tags or reply text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As such, there isn't anything to be changed, according to me.

This Mozilla application offers a relevant and streamlined interface along with a very powerful email package. Not only is Thunderbird a secure email client; it even does not have sophisticated spam filter knock out most junk mail. Mozilla Thunderbird program even helps a user to organize and find the good and original emails.

It also provides flexible views, free-form tags, powerful filters and the virtual folders make it a snap to handle a very large amount of emails.

Thunderbird review by Chris M.

"Free email management"

What do you like best?

Free email management, support different email provider email send and receive.

Custom tag for bookmark email, let user easy handle email category.

What do you dislike?

Sometime Thunderbird will show out the last email content and attachment, not the current receive email content. User need refresh software or click other email folder to refresh email content.

Some image missing when the image is show in email content and attach file in email.

Some special character such as "->" in email content, Thunderbird will show " à ".

But it not support mobile view, do not have function for user view email using mobile view in PC way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have extra powerful email tools, you can try to use this software. It is free and it can support basic function for you. Although sometime it has some error, it can be accept i think.

Remind you again, It is FREE.

Show out the source code for email, when i need to check out some edm content it help me solve the problem. Auto block some not trust source image.

Thunderbird review by Serge B.
chef d'entreprise
Internet

"The best tool for my mails and agenda."

What do you like best?

This is a great tool I use to manage all my several mails accounts . I like all the options of filtering and the agenda !

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that I can't have a filtering rule for all my accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

thunderbird is a free, easy, and fast solution to manage your emails !

I had to find a solution for my business and my private emails, I manage several private and business account, all is clear and in one place only. Also, Thunderbird filter the spam, and help me to range my folders. I synchronise my agendas with my google account an dcan knoxw set an appointment directly form my mail box. Thunderbird is usefull also for managing the email adresses, I had a lot and with some tools I car order them with som plugins. The fact is that now, i have no spam at all, the tool has deleted all the spams. There are a lot of usefull plugins and I can not tell wich is the best, I like some adresse recovering plugins, that helps me for doing my lists of personns I want to write. As I write some newsletters, It is always an horror to filter them to hav a clean list, now I have.

I could not work at all without thunderbird since I have tested it, it is an every day fellow !

Thunderbird review by Jason B.
Web Content Manager

"Thunderbird - A Solid, Free Email Management Application"

What do you like best?

Anytime I can save money by not having to buy something for the solution is an advantage in my mind. I think this is especially true for personal use and for individuals that are self-employed and trying to save on expenses wherever they can find the opportunity.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I've gotten spoiled by the features I've gotten used to as normal with an enterprise email application like Outlook. Because I've used Outlook for so long, it just makes it harder to make the transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're wanting a good offline email client and would prefer to stay away from Microsoft products, this is probably one of your next choices.

Obvious business problem is providing an offline email solution for individuals to use when needed. For that capacity, this program works well, so the benefits my clients have enjoyed have been worthwhile for them and their needs.

Thunderbird review by Juan R.

"Hace el trabajo perfectamente, pero está empezando a ser fechado."

What do you like best?

Poder crear filtros muy inteligentes para ordenar todos mis correos electrónicos en carpetas apropiadas Y tenerlo descargado regionalmente si quisiera a mi computadora portátil. Ya no puede agregar las mejores facturas de correo electrónico que no sean públicas, sino también defensores apasionados de facturas comerciales que desarrollan complementos, y una integración perfecta con Zoho y Gmail o google para empresas Maneja múltiples deudas Fácilmente puedo organizar mis correos electrónicos y carpetas

What do you dislike?

Los correos electrónicos de citas están disponibles por duplicado. A veces se abre dos veces y, de vez en cuando, sus botones de GUI para limitar, maximizar y cerca no pueden hacer clic en pueden ser problemas con Windows 10. Los errores, la lentitud, a veces se conserva congelado, algunas veces no. pertenencias de pinturas más largas, usted tiene que tener cuidado con las actualizaciones que puede dar información fuera de lugar. No me gusta recibir correo no solicitado. La funcionalidad no es local al producto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Algunos proveedores de correo electrónico pueden ayudarlo a acceder a su correo a través de POP3 en lugar de IMAP, por lo que no siempre se conserva en sus servidores. Tiene excelentes capacidades de protección y es de código abierto, por lo que no depende de una sola compañía. Thunderbird es un gran programa si buscas como correo electrónico para instalar simplemente innegable Thunderbird Ninite es una forma agradable de hacerlo rápido, aunque.

Al igual que con el correo electrónico, me encanta tener una vista combinada de cada actividad empresarial no comercial y comercial. Tuve que descubrir una respuesta para mi empresa comercial y mis correos electrónicos personales, controlo numerosas cuentas privadas y de negocios, todo está claro y, en una zona más efectiva, incluso ya no cuenta con sofisticados mensajes de correo no deseado que eliminan la mayoría del correo no deseado. mayor cantidad de correo electrónico

Thunderbird review by Andrea C.

"Organize your email inbox"

What do you like best?

As a supervisor in the marketing area, I receive a lot of emails regarding differente campaigns every day. Thunderbird has the option of organizing your emails through different tab colors and I like this feature the most, since it allows me to categorize each email in different categories.

What do you dislike?

It has a static interface, which limits your creativity when you want to organize your different tabs and windows in the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might have to give a small induction about the product so that you can exploit all of its features

It allows a secure and instant exchange of information between my clients and employees in the company. At the same time we have a software that allows a great capacity of information saved.

Thunderbird review by Noach L.
Composer/Multidisciplinary Artist
Music
(Myself Only)

"Best mail client for many handles"

What do you like best?

Very easy to organize emails with multiple addresses. The interface is clean and clear. The program is 100% free open-source and updates are available frequently. Themes are also available to personalize the interface. Easy to personalize writing styles as well (fonts, colors, custom spell-check dictionary, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slightly difficult to set up mail account for some domains. Usually it is easy enough to find setup help, but can be time consuming. Independent domains are the real challenge (such as addresses from a personal website). Accounts from large domains such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail are easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best bet for free, universal, easy to use software for managing lots of email within lots of accounts. Accounts are clearly divided and subcategories within them are possible as well. It is also possible to add RSS feeds and other non-email accounts within the same interface.

Ability to organize larger email quantity. Much less likely to lose track of email or mix emails up, or to waste time with many different separate webmail interfaces. Also very easy to select reply-all, Cc, Bcc, etc. All-in-all just a much more efficient and effective email environment.

Thunderbird review by User

"El mejor gestor de correos con diferencia"

What do you like best?

Facilidad de uso y configuración de cuentas. Conexiones con servidores de correo estables y rápidas, buena organización del correo y una gran comunidad que lo apoya. Muy recomendado.

Permite importacion y exportación de una forma muy sencilla, así que no hay problema si vienes de otro software estilo Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Nada, podemos decir que es el software perfecto para la gestión del correo. Quizás algunos lo cataloguen como de un software menos vistoso o más sencillo en sus funciones, pero precisamente esto es lo que hace que Thunderbird sea lo que es, práctico y de calidad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si usas gestor de correos, es tu mejor opción con diferencia, no te lo pienses y pruébalo! Gratuito, fácil de configurar y muy estable.

Detras esta el equipo de Firefox que también tienen su maravilloso navegador.

Todo, veníamos de usar Outlook que sólo nos daba problemas con las cuentas y fallos de conexión. También hemos mejorado en la organización del correo y la gestión interna de los mismos. Nos ha sido muyfácil importar las cuentas.

Thunderbird review by Phillip M.
Coder

"Amazing email service allows for integrated communication across multiple OS"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Thunderbird is the ability to set it to deploy with pre-configured settings for multiple operating systems. For example, Server Admins and some programming staff may be necessary to work on linux/unix operating systems. As such, it can be deployed on those machines with their needs in mind.

On the other hand, business administration employees whose tasks would be better suited for Windows machines can likewise be very similarly configured before being deployed on those machines.

Not to mention, the graphical design teams tend to prefer Mac/Unix machines, and can be configured and deployed very similarly on their machines as well.

It truly allows for a cross operating system deployment with minimum extra effort spent by the IT department.

What do you dislike?

I can't particularly think of anything that I dislike about Thunderbird. It is cutting edge as far as scalability, security, and has excellent native-support for all common operating systems. Furthermore, it creates a unified environment for company users, so that it is only necessary to train/troubleshoot employees on a single email system. This creates less of a burden on the IT Department, and it keeps users from having to learn a new system any time they may transfer to a different department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone that has reason to deploy multiple different operating systems within their company, and wish to maintain some uniformity in the email clients their employees utilize.

The major problem solved is having a uniform platform that all employees employ. This reduces confusion drastically when troubleshooting. It also allows user to take advantage of the Thunderbird scheduling features to keep employees on the same page on regards to meetings etc. Also, due to Thunderbird being available software that they can utilize on their personal devices, it allows employees to stay connected from their home environments if they are authorized to do so. If they are not, then it is configurable to deny access from outside the work environment. All in all, it helps with workflow, security, and uniform communication throughout the company.

P.S.

I have uploaded a screenshot of my personal Thunderbird account due to confidentiality agreements.

Thunderbird review by Gabriel P.
Auditoría y Planificación

"Sad"

What do you like best?

it is, sadly, the best one for free. Its easy to use at first, but i think they could erase some options and leave only important things on front, then they can add options for those who cares... I think they have tried to make a software too heave for what some of us need... I need it to work easily and without too much work from me, not as if i would like to do nothing, but if could be that way i know i would love it.

What do you dislike?

Thunderbird is a horrible software, old design, and without many of the things you need from this kind of stuff... It has troubles to update and mails are only purchase... I know it could be better knowing a lot about it, but its hard to be able to learn when what you see is not good... i would prefer to use a different software, but it is, sadly, the best one for free

Recommendations to others considering the product

take a time travel to 90's, i think it should be a little bit better (or much better)

getting multiple mails in one window, but its hard to update, i only use it for mails without importance. Main benefit is the fact is free, then you should go for what some people with more knowledge about this things care, probably the best one for programmers and guys like those. For me, a journalist trying to do my job, its sad...

Thunderbird review by Russel H.
Print Operator
Printing

"Free email program that runs faster than Outlook ever did"

What do you like best?

It is free to download and made by a foundation not a company so I think our data is private.

What do you dislike?

Have to get the IT guy to set it up but I'm sure it isn't that difficult to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Thunderbird before you use Outlook, because it is a lot faster. And it is free.

Use our company email address from our web site provider. This works well and works faster than Outlook ever did which used to take 5 minutes just to load up.

Thunderbird review by Regan M.
Digital Marketing Specialist

"White Label Email For Business Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Thunderbird is an easy application to use and install. It is compatible with white label business addresses, which is great for branding. Additionally, it has many defaults built-in to protect from viruses.

What do you dislike?

The application is not as easily compatible with Apple products, although after going through the proper avenues to access the e-mail on the iPhone, there has not been any further issues. I would prefer it be compatible with Google Calendars, as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, work with someone who is experienced in the software to help you ensure compatibility across different platforms you use.

Thunderbird allows us to easily communicate with clients and team members within our brand standards.

Thunderbird review by Ryan S.
Director of Education and Public Relations for North Dakota One Call
Public Safety

"Best Email Client Around"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that are awesome about Thunderbird. I was a hardcore Outlook user for a year. About 4 years ago I switched to Thunderbird based on some recommendations. It takes a little while to get used to it when coming from outlook. However, you'll find that the features and use of add-ons can make things much easier to use. The best part about it is that it's free!

What do you dislike?

I wish Thunderbird has meeting support. To explain, there are two meeting scenarios I Have issues with. I use Goto meeting frequently. Outlook has a great Goto Meeting plugin that makes integration easy between the two programs. That and scheduling a meeting with other people or when receiving a meeting invitation, the "Accept" and "Decline" don't seem to work correctly. When clicking accept, I've had it email back an entire recipient list (sometimes over 100 people) with my reply. So I have to say I haven't used that in a while because it becomes a pain when I have used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it an honest try. Once you use it for a little while, you'll love it. It's easy to use and if you need help, there are a bunch of forums and other places to find answers.

Email, calendar, and tasking. Thunderbird had great email client support and excellent calendar abilities.

Thunderbird review by Wadie A.
Directeur technique et Co-fondateur

"Best solution for multi-account mails"

What do you like best?

Unlike others software , Thunderbird detect and configure automatically mail account . So you just need to put your address and password. It's secure and highly efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is one thing that can be improved: Two factors authentification . I usually have problems with accounts protected by google authenticator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make it smaller and find a solution for two factor validation

I have 2 personal email account and about 10 others professional accounts. All on same place without having to authentifcate every time :D

Thunderbird review by José D.
Locutor y Productor 'Abajo El Telón'
Broadcast Media

"Thunderbird: Make easy the email!"

What do you like best?

The interface design for the user is the first thing that stands out from the Thunderbir, in addition to how simple and easy it is to use it, since you have everything at hand, very intuitive and certainly easy to configure with most mail servers regardless of the domain you use, it's definitely very powerful!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I find as a disadvantage is the low compatibility with different formats of email addresses to be imported and used in Thunderbird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an email client, to manage your corporate emails, develop email campaigns for you or your customers, Thunderbird is the best option in the market, totally free, lightweight and has the support of Mozilla (the same developers of Firefox), this mail client also allows you to synchronize your calendar in a simple and very effective way, so you can keep your agenda up to date.

Undoubtedly Thunderbird is the best email client!

So do not think about it anymore and start enjoying the power of Thunderbird.

According to the disposition of the clients, in paying or not to pay for an emailing campaign, Thunderbird turned out to be an excellent alternative of low cost, really it is not paid for the service of Thunderbird but if the clients must pay for the HTML design of the emails for your campaigns. In this way, with Thunderbir I was able to solve this point in my work for clients.

Thunderbird review by Olivia P.
Safety Administrator

"Free, limited features email service"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and the fact that it is free. I also really like Mozilla in geneal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike many things- it is a very standard, basic service with limited features. Many Outlook email formatting options are not available and not compatible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend only using this service if your company does not need any features or formatting capabilities of a standard email service like Outlook.

We use Thunderbird as a solution for email service that is 100% free and covers our basic needs. We benefit by saving money and improving profits.

Thunderbird review by Jennifer L.
Digital Marketing Specialist and Consultant
Computer Networking

"Thunderbird has given me a great alternative to Outlook"

What do you like best?

I like that Thunderbird doesn't weigh down my computer the way that Outlook does. When I need a software to actually just check email, this is my favorite since it loads quicker than Chrome does on my computer as well to check from the web.

For personal use, I really like Thunderbird (even when I am using Office365 for work). It works very smoothly with my Gmail account and notifications aren't bulky and push to me quicker than they do on my phone.

What do you dislike?

Functionality within Office 365 isn't complete. If your company works 100% within the Office365 environment, some key features may be missing in Thunderbird. The integration isn't seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thunderbird is free and allows you to sync up your email from multiple accounts easily.

I have to use my personal computer for work, so having this software allows me to use it while I can continually run other CPU heavy programs.

Thunderbird review by Josh H.
Operations Manager