ThunderTix

ThunderTix is an event ticketing software with NO ticket fees. Box office management and online ticket sales for Entertainment Venues.

Work for ThunderTix?

Learning about ThunderTix?

ThunderTix Reviews

Ask ThunderTix a Question
Showing 20 ThunderTix reviews
ThunderTix review by Jenny H.
Jenny H.

"I have had a pretty good experience with Thundertix, overall. However some changes should be made."

What do you like best?

I like that I can constantly change and update my event as needed.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the fact that you can't sell tickets in pairs or groups or tables, and then have the tickets sold to correspond with that. We wanted to sell tickets at 1 at full price, 2 at a discounted price (by percentage). And thundertix doesn't allow that at all. We had to work around that by creating a new ticket type that was 2 tickets for a certain price (which was a discounted price off buying 2 tickets at full price). Then because we were selling "1" ticket (even though it admitted 2 people, we had to count by hand our capacity and head count.

We're trying to sell tickets to our big events that accommodate 400-500 people. We've noticed that thundertix is very efficient at reading between our wordpress website. We haven't had any technology problems with thundertix. But we would like to see some improvements on types of tickets and discounts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ThunderTix
ThunderTix review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"A new software with a promising future."

What do you like best?

The ability to be a ticketing software for multiple venues, styles, capacities, and price points.

What do you dislike?

The lack of quality in details. Although not earth-shattering type problems, there are many little things that could be improved. Very minor things but things nonetheless. Doesn't seem like there is the time or labor available to take care of the little things, especially when there are so many unique uses of ThunderTix. There is the Request a Feature part of the site, but it's really tough to be heard or seen there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to avoid the per ticket price and go with a monthly fee, this is the software for you.

We've been able to accommodate to most any patrons ticketing problems which makes us look better as a business. When you put the time in, and make sure everything is set up correctly, you appear very organized and on top of things as a tour business.

What Event Registration & Ticketing solution do you use?

ThunderTix review by Grayson A.
Grayson A.

"Lighting fast way to get tickets."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find tickets for any event you are looking for. Other platforms take you through multiple, confusing steps to get to the tickets you want to buy. But ThunderTix makes it extremely easy to find the tickets you want for whichever event you are looking for. They make it easy buy the tickets with relatively easy payment processing. They also make the ticket confirmation easily accessible and printable, which is great for our patrons who are not as proficient with technology.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot set different pricing for different seats. For instance: some seats as general admission and some seats as reserved seating. This would be extremely helpful for some of our events. We often have sponsors or donors who help fund events at our venue, and it would be nice to be able to give them certain reserved seats, while also selling general admission seating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to sell tickets for any type of event, whether it be concerts, movies, live stage productions, anything you can think of. This is a great product for larger venues that have over 1000 capacity seating .

We are solving the problem of merging the older generation crowd who comes to see our classic film series, with the modern way of buying tickets, the internet.

ThunderTix review by Dan H.
Dan H.

"Thundertix - An Excellent Ticketing System In All Respects"

What do you like best?

The best thing is that the customer service is highly responsive to us, even on weekends, not that we require them a lot - but when we do, they're there. The next best thing is that the system is easy to use, and they listen to suggestions that might make it better. I get all the information I need from Thundertix (I'm an IT guy for my day job) which is key to understanding the realities of your business. Going with your gut is one thing, but if you do, you have to inform it with numbers first and Thundertix allows that. Another crucial thing is that their pricing model is a tiered flat fee pricing system, so your cost depends on the volume of tickets you sell. Since we're not supported by a corporation or someone with money, cash flow is always an important issue for us and Thundertix helps us control our costs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes are made to the program that we don't anticipate, so it causes a little disruption, mainly to our ticket-selling partners. Would be good to have some advance notice, but the changes are incremental and not hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say give it a shot. At least talk to them and describe your parameters.

The main problem for the Mauch Chunk Opera House, as I said above, is one of cost. We are about as grassroots as it gets, taking next to no money from corporations (the only one is Martin Guitar once a year) so continuing operations has all to do with how well the business is run. We are in a rural area so it's a special challenge. Thundertix helps us meet that challenge.

ThunderTix review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Best in the Business"

What do you like best?

We have been with ThunderTix for over a decade and we wouldn't think of even considering going anywhere else. From the beginning ThunderTix always gave us the best return on investment. The system is so easy to use from both the managing side as well as from the consumer side. Their customer service is "top notch"! In the unlikely event you encounter issues with the system, they are extremely quick to respond to emails and calls. Our theatre would highly recommend their service to anyone.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about ThunderTix. We have been overwhelmingly please from the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give their system a try and we think you'll be as please as we are.

We need a way for our patrons to obtain tickets online and manage our tickets. ThunderTix was the answer we needed.

ThunderTix review by Alan E.
Alan E.

"ThunderTix - The Most Versatile, User-Friendly, and Data Accessible On-Line Ticket System Around"

What do you like best?

In researching and using on-line ticketing systems, ThunderTix stands out above the crowd because of its ease of use, flexibility in venue adaptability, data reporting, and remarkable tech support. ThunderTix is one of the few on-line ticketing resources who listens to the advice of its users, and responds with new tools and solutions to common hurdles that come with major event planning.

Their stellar tech services staff is always around to supply personalized solutions that make the face of our venue a simple and painless process. ThunderTix has allowed us to increase our on-line sales from 12% to 70% in three years with the ability to adjust to our guest's needs.

Thank you!

What do you dislike?

At first, ThunderTix was a one-size-fits-all solution that was like every other General Admission On-Line ticketing solution...but because of their personalized tech support system, ThunderTix has grown into a standout solution that is consumer turn-key, and a business adaptable tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research what your guests need to make their interface as simple as possible, and be honest with the ThunderTix Team of what solutions are possible, and they will come up with ideas for activation that are time tested and rigorous.

In a venue that is 9-1/2 times the size of a football field, the seating opportunities are 9-1/2 times the size of a normal sporting event with reserved seating and guest services centered businesses. ThunderTix has listened to our challenges, and helped us come to solutions that allows our attraction the opportunity to grow to fill its size while giving turn key access with a vibrant system for data collection.

ThunderTix review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Useful q and efficient"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see how many seats are available for performances, and admin notes are helpful too.

What do you dislike?

When selling tickets to one customer in different sections, you must do two or more separate transactions. This is especially annoying when a show is close to being sold out, as there are often single tickets spread out among the sections.

Blocked seats are shown as available even though they are not for sale, and this is misleading to customers, creating difficult situations when they are unable to purchase seats that they think are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to learn and use.

We are able to sell packages, subscriptions and raffle tickets through Thundertix as well.

ThunderTix review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"I used Ticketmaster for many years with the Asheville Symphony. ThunderTix is much better."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the tickets are printed with the purchaser's name on them. Also it's great to be able to run the charges directly through the program. I wasn't able to do that with the Ticketmaster program I used at the Asheville Symphony. I have found ThunderTix to be very user friendly and I enjoy using it.

What do you dislike?

Often customers call because they're having trouble ordering online. And of course, the seats they've selected are "on hold" and I can't do anything for them for seven minutes. All I can do at that point is take their number and call them back. Another issue I have is that if someone wants to purchase two seats on the same row that are not side by side, I get an error message. ThunderTix says the seats have been "modified" and I need to make another selection. I've gotten around this by doing separate transactions for each seat. This has happened more than once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very easy program to learn and use. I recommend it highly!

I think it's great that season ticket holders can reserve their seats for the entire season by entering their code numbers. It's also good that you've made it easier to exchange dates because our folks do that a great deal.

ThunderTix review by Internal Consultant in Hospitality
Internal Consultant in Hospitality

"I use Thundertix to sell tickets for special events and dinners at my three restaurants."

What do you like best?

Thundertix is easy to set up, allows me to control any fees that are visible to my guests, and integrates well with my websites. I like my flexibility in avoiding processing fees but also my ability to add service fees as needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to customize the landing page a little bit more and make it feel like it was more part of my brand. When my guests use ThunderTix, they are very clearly leaving my organization and being rerouted to a third party, I would like to make this less obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ThunderTix seems very user friendly and affordable for small businesses looking to have complete control over their ticketing process.

Selling tickets and getting confirmed reservations for special events and dinners. Since introducing ThunderTix my no-shows have essentially been eliminated, I am more easily able to market my dinners, and I have sold more tickets.

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

""Over the Top" Wonderful!"

What do you like best?

From the very first contact with ThunderTix over the phone, I knew I had found the right ticketing system for our choir. Every question was answered confidently. Details of the system were explained in very understandable laymen terms. Limitations of the ticketing system were offered honestly with explanations of how to overcome them. After deciding on ThunderTix, I was walked through the steps of set-up quickly and easily. The choir's performance ticket system was launched within a few short days! I have not had one issue with any sales to date. I also really appreciate the fact that ThunderTix understands nonprofit organizations and includes an option for donations. Love it!

What do you dislike?

The only addition I would suggest is a way for a group of individual attendees to purchase blocked seats with a code. That would just be "icing on the cake", though. There's nothing I don't like.

We are taking a huge load off of volunteers!

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Easy to use and understand beneficial to customers"

What do you like best?

Being able to organize different prices for different tours. Being able to exchange tickets from one day to another with considerable ease.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have all months available for purchase at once. There's also been some issues with credit card zip codes not matching up with what customers put into the system and so we're forced to bypass the issue by skipping filling out the credit card address information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very helpful program that outsources something that otherwise would take up valuable administrative time.

Organizing online ticket sales-outsourcing organization has been beneficial. Being able to look at our daily tour load on one page.

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Moving from a paper environment"

What do you like best?

We moved from a totally manual, paper environment to Thundertix. It has gone very smoothly because Thundertix matched our old process and ticketing scheme so closely. Our audiences have enjoyed being able to order tickets from home. Furthermore, the cost of Thundertix is low enough that we have not had to add a convenience charge to ticket order. Customer service has been excellent.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to show a range of price for things like membership. So to become a basic member, the cost would be $25 to $74. That way we could sell memberships on Thundertix. So far, we can't do that. Enabling a range of prices for a product like membership would make Thundertix perfect for us.

Our audience can buy their tickets on line, and they can print their tickets at home. We can now run several box offices at once because there isn't a central depository of paper tickets.

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Best cost available"

What do you like best?

The price has proven to be unbeatable whenever competitors call. We love the monthly cost and the fact that we can keep whatever we choose the online fee to be.

What do you dislike?

Everything is moving to a mobile platform nowadays, and it seems like ThunderTix hasn't been able to keep up. The mobile view for buying tickets isn't exactly user friendly and we get calls OFTEN of people struggling to purchase their tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ThunderTix seems like a new-ish ticketing software, and they are constantly making improvements.

We can see well over 1000 people on Saturdays, and ThunderTix has made it easy to repost our events every month.

ThunderTix review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Using Thundertix as a small business has been a great experience"

What do you like best?

Lower price than all the competition. Easy to use webpage.

What do you dislike?

Some minor quirks which our primary users have run into, but overall it's a very usable website and our staff has been happy with the services provided.

We have outsourced our event tickets which allows our employees to spend their time on more value-adding projects/opportunities

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

They listen and respond to any issues. They are constantly trying to improve their program. I find it fairly user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely some features missing. You can't split payment between cash and credit card in one transaction, and the public can't buy tickets within an hour before show time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product. We have thousands of customers a year and this does the job. If you are a vary large organization I do not recommend this as you can't export large data quantities with out calling head quarters.

This is how we process all of our ticket sales. It has replaced our box office register which is a huge help. It has really streamlined things.

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Fine Art
Administrator in Fine Art

"ThunderTix"

What do you like best?

It is an easyprogram to use and has many useful features

What do you dislike?

When selling tickets to the same customer but in different sections, it is necessary to do separate transactions for each section.

Blocked seats show as available even though they are not for sale. When a show is getting close to sold out this is very misleading for customers, and for admin as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have much experience with ThunderTix customer service but am pleased with my experience.

I appreciate being able to see how many seats are available for each performance. We are able to sell packages and raffle tickets through Thundertix as well.

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Sticking with Thunder Tix"

What do you like best?

They have adapted the program to our unique needs. You get a live person when calling in for help.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat cumbersome click throughs to exchange tickets. We have so many events on one day that the view can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have them walk you though a trial. Research payment options.

We don't have to manually book reservations. We can advertise and amass a data base of customers.

ThunderTix review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"ThunderTix for Restaurants"

What do you like best?

ThunderTix lets me sell tickets to wine dinners at my restaurants.

What do you dislike?

Some guests do not like buying tickets instead of making reservations. It also is a third party that links from my site, which is not the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a lot of people who would make a reservation but not show up, that has essentially been eliminated.

ThunderTix review by Administrator in Performing Arts
Administrator in Performing Arts

"Great DIY platform"

What do you like best?

Their rates are affordable and the platform is pretty flexible for various show needs.

What do you dislike?

It would be fantastic if tickets could be scanned via camera on an iPhone/ipad/other smartphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system if you can get through the intricacies.

Definitely requires skinning (via CSS) the platform for website integration

Ticket sales

ThunderTix review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Quick and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I've worked with several other platforms and ThunderTix is very easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Every product can use improvements but nothing stands out.

Sold tickets and was seamless and not laborious

Learning about ThunderTix?

* We monitor all ThunderTix reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.