Thycotic Secret Server

Thycotic Secret Server assures the protection of privileged accounts while being the fastest to deploy, easiest to use, scalable enterprise-class solution offered at a competitive price.

Work for Thycotic Secret Server?
Lastpass  eos  2x

Learning about Thycotic?

Thycotic Secret Server Reviews

Ask Thycotic a Question
Showing 15 Thycotic reviews
Thycotic review by User in Computer Software

Useful password keeping tool

What do you like best?

I think the interface is easy to navigate. Once you get a handle on how to run through the process, the same applies to everything. And the folder structure is similar to what we use currently, so it helps visually with the transition.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the color scheme. I know that's a silly thing, but it feels very old school and a little distracting. It's why I needed help to learn the process. I also don't like all the chrome extensions you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just find instructions or someone at your company who knows how to use it to give a quick overview of the templates. Be aware you need chrome extensions for a lot of the shortcuts.

We are giving departments a space to store passwords meant only for team members. This way other teams can't log into our accounts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Thycotic Secret Server
Thycotic review by <span>Bruno M.</span>
Bruno M.

Old interface, but very safe and reliable

What do you like best?

This is a great application for your passwords. Offers several templates (i.e. bank account, combination lock, contact, credit card, healthcare, simple passwords, product license keys, remote desktop account, social security number, etc.) and you can do your own, which is great.

It does offer to generate safe passwords. It is very reliable, you can access to your information from anywhere, has main, double step password recovery and you pay for it ONCE.

I have been using it for more than five years now, no need to have another one.

What do you dislike?

Old, not updated interface. No possibility to add pics, photos nor images of credit cards, etcetera.

Difficult to personalize templates, but it is totally doable.

App and online Password generator does not offers option to select letters only, numbers, signs, or length.

App Does not integrate websites nor other apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not into nice graphic content, it is not for you. Big drawback: no integration with other apps or websites But it has everything you need for reliability, security and accessibility.

Business problems: have my passwords, accesses, numbers, etc., in one place and accessible from everywhere. As a physician I am always in the go and this app has been great at that.

Benefits: One payment. One app, one main password to be accessed from anyywhere

What Password Manager solution do you use?

Thycotic review by <span>Patrick B.</span>
Patrick B.

We use Secret Server to manage thousands of passwords and logins

What do you like best?

Granular control of permissions and robust search tool

What do you dislike?

Adding folders can get to be a pain, it's very easy to create a folder in the wrong directory. It remembers the last directory you had open, even if it was a long time ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had no problems with Secret Server, it runs with bare minimum amount of resources on our server. It does what it's supposed to and does it well. I have some users that require hand holding with most of our applications and web services but not so with secret server. I will say, it doesn't seem to work in the Firefox browser but that's no problem if you also have Chrome installed. I wouldn't consider this as a bug but if a user accidentally enters a space in the search filter, secret server will not show any results that don't start with a space. Also, secret server offers a feature which will automatically generate a random password which is nice, but if it generates a certain combination, which if I remember correctly is a combination of %$ next to each other it will error out when you try to save the password.

We manage accounts for 100's of clients. Each one of those accounts has a dozen logins. As you might imagine the number of passwords can get out of hand. Couple that with security and permissions concerns and Secret Server starts looking pretty good.

Thycotic review by <span>Cody H.</span>
Cody H.

Immense feature set, workflow customization, best return on investment for all PAM products

What do you like best?

This product has made leaps and bounce over the past few years from version 7 until now. I used to work for CyberArk, this product has the advantage of usability, and customization options. The installation procedure along with stellar documentation makes deployment a breeze. Installation checklists, security best practices, and a vast repository of KB articles.

What do you dislike?

Off the top of my head, I honestly can't think of anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the documentation and ask questions! Chances are there's another customer which has accomplished what you are trying to do with the product.

We are using Secret Server to solve a majority of the Top 20 CIS Critical Security Controls. Following the CIA triad (Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability) infrastructure engineers within the organization can access the systems required to do their job while knowing that their identities are safe from abuse.

Thycotic review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

Using Thycotic Secret Server in a MSP

What do you like best?

Secret Server is a great tool that is very customizable out of the box. It has a lot of the things I was looking for, things I needed AND things I wanted, in a password vault. Best thing about it? All the administrative capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Minor dislike for the layout - not being able to resize the "panes". Useful in certain scenarios but generally doesn't affect day to day ops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When in doubt, contact Thycotic. They're great at what they do and the support is superb!

We use Secret Server to sell Security to our clients when we discuss credentials and security. Bringing a member of my team in on a sales call is usually enough to put the clients concerns at ease. One of their favorite parts is the reporting on access against a folder that they can maintain and keep for their auditors to get some real peace of mind.

I've realized how great of an idea the Distributed Engines are and maybe one day look forward to implementing them into our environment.

Thycotic review by <span>William S.</span>
William S.

Securely store all our sensitive data - EASILY!

What do you like best?

Love the ability to save all my passwords and "secrets" in one place that my whole team can access from anywhere. The built-in templates make it easy to enter the data and keep everything in a uniform look by having these pre-configured templates. Easily integrates with active directory and searching for data once entered is spot on.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I found anything I dislike. The interface is simple to use and our needs are not complex, so honestly I can't find anything to not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, They have a trial of the software before you buy and anyone who is looking for software like this will not be disappointed.

We needed a place to store all online passwords, server passwords, passwords to physical safes, contact list, vendor list, etc. The list goes on and on. We use this as a one stop shop for the IT dept to find anything easily without asking someone to dig through their email, files, etc for important info. It is a real time saver, especially for exec management who can look up things without coming to us first.

Learning about Thycotic Secret Server?

* We monitor all Thycotic Secret Server reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.