TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks

TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks is a platform for developing new services and integrating applications with minimal code required.

Work for TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks?
Ibm infosphere information server on premisedataint  2x

Learning about TIBCO?

TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Reviews

Ask TIBCO a Question
Showing 18 TIBCO reviews
TIBCO review by <span>Ayush M.</span>
Ayush M.

Best Integration Tool

What do you like best?

TIBCO is very easy to access and it is a very user-friendly interface. One of the best features is the drag and drop palette for each task you can do whether it is mapping, parsing or message etc. I like this feature most. I am also using the other tools but as compared to the TIBCO, this is very stable. Means most of the tools are crashing while development, but I haven't face any issue using this tools.

What do you dislike?

I dislike none of this tools but I would say, this is better if they add more palette and also add the integration of the other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the Integration tools, TIBCO is the best tools for this.

We are using BW5 to integrate the application and It is easy to use more than BW6.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks
TIBCO review by <span>Varsha T.</span>
Varsha T.

Good to use

What do you like best?

BW5 has the advantage of fast development, and more importantly to me, I can train a developer already familiar with basic computer science concepts to us BW5 in almost no time. Our newest developer I trained in two-hour sessions, and after maybe 4 or 5 of these session, he was able to handle projects mostly on his own.

What do you dislike?

The main issue with BW6 is slow development due to the Eclipse based designer that needs further development. As noted, the only type of interface I currently implement with BW6 is REST. Even this is dangerous though because issues with BW6 can still hold up a whole project while I try to solve Tibco bugs. Today the designer is randomly throwing up java.lang.NullPointer.Exception boxes, in addition to my project suddenly not working, giving me only an error message: PVM-MODEL-0 (No message; locale=default). I've tried to submit a support ticket with Tibco, but that doesn't seem to be working on their website. I'm about to give them a phone call. They're support people are good, but at this point, we're about equally skilled in solving these errors.

We use BW5 to automate data exchange between systems. For example, data sharing between SaaS, ERP, and local or network systems, some custom some licensed.

What On-Premise Data Integration solution do you use?

TIBCO review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

BusinessWorks 5 is great, BusinessWorks 6 is not.

What do you like best?

One especially brilliant component of BW is the mapping. It's very easy to translate data and implement complex logic using xpath.

BW6 also has powerful mapping. It's one advantage is easy implementation through TEA.

What do you dislike?

The main issue with BW5 is that the designer is a little clunky, although reliable and relatively light. You can't ctrl+z. Your option when making a mistake is pulling from the repository. BW5 processes are also pretty complicated to implement, start, and stop on the server.

BW6 is not ready for release, although it's been out for over 4 years. I've been working with it for over a year now, and have installed numerous versions, each addressing a list of bugs. My team engineers integration and business automation for our global multi-billion dollar company. We are currently converting the old point-to-point systems to a Tibco driven SOA architecture. Our intention last year was to convert our suite of applications (~200) to BW6, and implement all new apps in BW6. However, after experiencing all the issues with BW6, we've changed course. Today, for us, BW6 is a REST interface, and everything else is done in BW5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BW5 is good, but if you decide to try BW6, understand that you will need a lot of smart people around and development will be slow.

TIBCO review by <span>Leonardo R.</span>
Leonardo R.

My TIBCO review

What do you like best?

What I like the best is you can use TIBCO to make new projects without knowing many programming languages with their API. We're able to make native applications for any environment.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about TIBCO is when you try to access databases there are some connection issues. We had to install new adapters to get it work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to anyone to first try BW5 before using BW6 because it's more complicated and you will need people with the good knowledge and skills to manage it. After all you can try the trial edition.

The first benefit with this product is the productivity and we do not waste time with new languages. We have ability to flexibly change to the environment we need so it's really helpful.

TIBCO review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

Most Used SOA Application

What do you like best?

I am familiar with BW 5X version. Easy to use, you don't need any hardcore coding language knowledge. Designing the BW process is very simple, you just need to drag and drop palette meant for each task like mapping, rendering, parsing, sending jms message,etc

What do you dislike?

There are few issue when you connect different database basically tera data and sybase. The timeout activity mentioned in the palette is sometime non responsive. When testing the application in local machine with bulk data, the process cannot handle it. Every time it get stuck even if you increase your memory size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are planning to use any stable integration tool in the market then you can think about using TIBCO BW5X

we are using BW5X version to integrate with different application and system to perform the business requirement. The best benefit of using BW in our project is apply business logic for all the different interacting system.

TIBCO review by <span>Amara T.</span>
Amara T.

TIBCO review

What do you like best?

I used TIBCO software to generate reports for my some my projects. Sharing reports are easy. Importing XML, CSV files very easy. Very easy to integrate all types of Databases and processing huge data is very simple.

What do you dislike?

I used TIBCO for couple of months in old project and it was kind of hard to at the beginning

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good tool for reporting

1)Huge Data processing,

2) Reporting,

3) Importing data from different sources

4) Integrating multiple databases

Learning about TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks?

* We monitor all TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.