TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks

3.8

TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks is a platform for developing new services and integrating applications with minimal code required.

Work for TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks?

Learning about TIBCO?

TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Reviews

Ask TIBCO a Question
Showing 19 TIBCO reviews
TIBCO review by Ayush M.
Ayush M.

"Best Integration Tool"

What do you like best?

TIBCO is very easy to access and it is a very user-friendly interface. One of the best features is the drag and drop palette for each task you can do whether it is mapping, parsing or message etc. I like this feature most. I am also using the other tools but as compared to the TIBCO, this is very stable. Means most of the tools are crashing while development, but I haven't face any issue using this tools.

What do you dislike?

I dislike none of this tools but I would say, this is better if they add more palette and also add the integration of the other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the Integration tools, TIBCO is the best tools for this.

We are using BW5 to integrate the application and It is easy to use more than BW6.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks
TIBCO review by Varsha T.
Varsha T.

"Good to use"

What do you like best?

BW5 has the advantage of fast development, and more importantly to me, I can train a developer already familiar with basic computer science concepts to us BW5 in almost no time. Our newest developer I trained in two-hour sessions, and after maybe 4 or 5 of these session, he was able to handle projects mostly on his own.

What do you dislike?

The main issue with BW6 is slow development due to the Eclipse based designer that needs further development. As noted, the only type of interface I currently implement with BW6 is REST. Even this is dangerous though because issues with BW6 can still hold up a whole project while I try to solve Tibco bugs. Today the designer is randomly throwing up java.lang.NullPointer.Exception boxes, in addition to my project suddenly not working, giving me only an error message: PVM-MODEL-0 (No message; locale=default). I've tried to submit a support ticket with Tibco, but that doesn't seem to be working on their website. I'm about to give them a phone call. They're support people are good, but at this point, we're about equally skilled in solving these errors.

We use BW5 to automate data exchange between systems. For example, data sharing between SaaS, ERP, and local or network systems, some custom some licensed.

What On-Premise Data Integration solution do you use?

TIBCO review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"BusinessWorks 5 is great, BusinessWorks 6 is not. "

What do you like best?

One especially brilliant component of BW is the mapping. It's very easy to translate data and implement complex logic using xpath.

BW6 also has powerful mapping. It's one advantage is easy implementation through TEA.

What do you dislike?

The main issue with BW5 is that the designer is a little clunky, although reliable and relatively light. You can't ctrl+z. Your option when making a mistake is pulling from the repository. BW5 processes are also pretty complicated to implement, start, and stop on the server.

BW6 is not ready for release, although it's been out for over 4 years. I've been working with it for over a year now, and have installed numerous versions, each addressing a list of bugs. My team engineers integration and business automation for our global multi-billion dollar company. We are currently converting the old point-to-point systems to a Tibco driven SOA architecture. Our intention last year was to convert our suite of applications (~200) to BW6, and implement all new apps in BW6. However, after experiencing all the issues with BW6, we've changed course. Today, for us, BW6 is a REST interface, and everything else is done in BW5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BW5 is good, but if you decide to try BW6, understand that you will need a lot of smart people around and development will be slow.

TIBCO review by Leonardo R.
Leonardo R.

"My TIBCO review"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is you can use TIBCO to make new projects without knowing many programming languages with their API. We're able to make native applications for any environment.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about TIBCO is when you try to access databases there are some connection issues. We had to install new adapters to get it work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to anyone to first try BW5 before using BW6 because it's more complicated and you will need people with the good knowledge and skills to manage it. After all you can try the trial edition.

The first benefit with this product is the productivity and we do not waste time with new languages. We have ability to flexibly change to the environment we need so it's really helpful.

TIBCO review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"TIBCO BW 5 really good, TIBCO BW 6 (and cloud edition) not at the same level of stability in 2017"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for development activity, dev productivity (graphical designer, "zero" code approach), many connectors available (but expensive also ...)

TIBCO 6 is based on eclipse technology for dev activity. Deployment tools and facilities are amazing .

What do you dislike?

TIBCO has changed his ESB from version 5.x to 6.x . It is a complete rewrite of the product, while keeping the same spirit and approach. However version 6.x (and cloud edition) still suffers from issues of stability and more difficult diagnosis at design time and run time. Experience dated 2017.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TIBCO is in the right direction for cloud business and cloud integration. Before stepping up with the product, ask for success stories to check true stability of the product. TIBCO 6 and cloud edition have been long to stabilize until 2017 at least.

Quick integration capabilities make it good for connecting eCommerce platforms to various backends that need sales info.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Most Used SOA Application"

What do you like best?

I am familiar with BW 5X version. Easy to use, you don't need any hardcore coding language knowledge. Designing the BW process is very simple, you just need to drag and drop palette meant for each task like mapping, rendering, parsing, sending jms message,etc

What do you dislike?

There are few issue when you connect different database basically tera data and sybase. The timeout activity mentioned in the palette is sometime non responsive. When testing the application in local machine with bulk data, the process cannot handle it. Every time it get stuck even if you increase your memory size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are planning to use any stable integration tool in the market then you can think about using TIBCO BW5X

we are using BW5X version to integrate with different application and system to perform the business requirement. The best benefit of using BW in our project is apply business logic for all the different interacting system.

TIBCO review by Amara T.
Amara T.

"TIBCO review"

What do you like best?

I used TIBCO software to generate reports for my some my projects. Sharing reports are easy. Importing XML, CSV files very easy. Very easy to integrate all types of Databases and processing huge data is very simple.

What do you dislike?

I used TIBCO for couple of months in old project and it was kind of hard to at the beginning

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good tool for reporting

1)Huge Data processing,

2) Reporting,

3) Importing data from different sources

4) Integrating multiple databases

TIBCO review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"TIBCO ActiveMatrix "

What do you like best?

I really liked this product. It made my work easier as well as made our work flow more efficient. Our time management has positively changed as well due to this product.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how long it took me to effectively understand how this product worked as well as how it affected my business at the beginning. When I got a hang of it, I have no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend watching tutorials regarding using this product to your fullest benefit. This is what I did and it helped tremendously.

Time management and work effectiveness has increased with the use of this project at our company. This makes me extremely happy.

TIBCO review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Efficiency"

What do you like best?

It’s headwuarted in Pali alto, nice place. More importantly, it’s a fast software and I never have a problem using it’s to communicate with clients

What do you dislike?

It can be slow, I don’t expect this from a company like this. However this isn’t on a normal basis so I can’t complain. I also wish that the feedback page was easier to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try this if you have not already, it’s going to be much bigger I’m 5-7 years

I haven’t solved any problems with TIBCO, it offers a great distribution service

TIBCO review by Janita S.
Janita S.

"Tibco ActiveMatrix - a complete Integration Package"

What do you like best?

Compared to other integration tools, there are 3 things that I like best about Tibco ActiveMatrix tool

1. It is a Fourth Generation Tool (4GL) with immense drag and drop features. This enables the developer to visualize the bigger picture rather than worrying about environment related minor details.

2. It is a highly stable tool and haven't seen many issues of the tool crashing during development as I have seen with other Integration Suites

3. Shorter learning curve - the integrated Help and examples provide self learning

What do you dislike?

During trainings there have been issues in getting the adapters work when using 64bit installables for tra.

There are a couple of clients for whom I have been involved in developing the Tibco Activematrix solution. The business problems have ranged from migrating legacy Vitria integration system with Tibco for a telecommunication company; to using Tibco to integrate existing Order management, customer survey systems with new SalesForce implementation for a Gaming client; to implementing web services for a Bank.

TIBCO review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Integration tool from Tibco"

What do you like best?

Out of Box adapters. Easily scalable.

Great IDE with drag and drop features.

Shorter learning curve - the integrated Help and examples provide self learning

What do you dislike?

Need more adapters for other integration like Salesforce, ELK etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should be used by large integration teams.

Implementation of Banking solution

Implementation of Insurance solution

TIBCO review by User in Financial Services

"Best designer "

What do you like best?

Easy to access. User friendly interface. Flexible to work.

What do you dislike?

need to add more pallets in the future. Can make design more easy.

Middle ware integration

TIBCO review by User in Computer Software

"An interesting experience "

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and easily connect applications no matter where you are

What do you dislike?

Can be slow to work at times and feel laggy to boot

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for those looking for a good software/data management solution

The usage of this has been great because of it's ability to seamlessly integrate whatever data sources or services is needed

TIBCO review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Integration Tool"

What do you like best?

Easily scalable.

Drag and drop features. This enables the developer to visualize the bigger picture rather than worrying about environment related minor details.

Highly stable tool and haven't seen many issues of the tool crashing during development as I have seen with other Integration Suites

Shorter learning curve - the integrated Help and examples provide self learning

What do you dislike?

Need more adapters for other integrations.

Order management, Implementation of Banking solution

TIBCO review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Reliable, User Friendly and Robust"

What do you like best?

It alllows easy implementation, readability of work and easy to migrate. Drag and Drop functionality is huge advantage.

What do you dislike?

Connectivity to database is one of the issue i faced. User Interface can be improved.

Implementation of Healthcare Solution. Data Sharing over APIs.

TIBCO review by User in Internet

"Not a huge fan of this software"

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy for beginners to manipulate.

What do you dislike?

The cloud version of the software limits Excel use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price compare! For the price, there's similar software.

I used the TIBCO software for marketing analysis.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Legacy Tool for Robust integrations"

What do you like best?

Ease of Data Integrations

Wide range of Enterprise Application Connectors

What do you dislike?

Deployment process of the Applications is a bit tricky

Syncing the orders information from Salesforce to Netsuite

TIBCO review by User in Internet

"Tibco Review"

What do you like best?

Connect applications quickly and easily from various servers.

What do you dislike?

Help/question community is difficult when you need one-off questions answered.

Merging data from multiple sources and platforms

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Best Ever Integration Platform "

What do you like best?

The mapper utility of Business is simply amzing.

What do you dislike?

In classic version sometime heap sizze issue.

I have used it mostly in energy domain.

Learning about TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks?

* We monitor all TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.