TIBCO Spotfire

Self-service data discovery. Fastest to actionable insight. Collaborative, predictive, event-driven data analysis - free from IT.

Work for TIBCO Spotfire?

Learning about TIBCO Spotfire?

TIBCO Spotfire Reviews

Ask TIBCO Spotfire a Question
Showing 45 TIBCO Spotfire reviews
TIBCO Spotfire review by Aditya S.
Aditya S.

"One of the best data visualization tool."

What do you like best?

Ability to load any data, from anywhere and to do data wrangling. This helps to merge different data sets and to work on actionable insights. Spotfire helps you to filter data and gives answers instantly. This can connect to any kind of source be it, flat files, excel files, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Big Data sources, SAP, Cloud, Web Services, Google Analytics etc.

This also comes with Statistical capabilities to have predictive analytics functionality using R programming, S+, SAS and MATLAB.

What do you dislike?

Need to have more native visualizations which would be used extensively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for your business requirements.

Able to see insights from data easily and faster than before, which helps in saving time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TIBCO Spotfire
TIBCO Spotfire review by Patrick J. R.
Patrick J. R.

"A useful tool for the less technically inclined"

What do you like best?

TIBCO Spotfire does a great job helping its users build advanced visualizations with little to no programming involved. It offers a large variety of visualizations and does a good job of letting its users tweak the visualizations to their specific needs. It also offers powerful data transformation tools that improve the usefulness of a user's data without having to modify the source data.

What do you dislike?

It's very strength can sometimes be a weakness. Although it is easy to develop visualizations with this platform, it is often difficult to customize when needed. This is symptomatic of all such dashboarding applications, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seek out independent tutorials on the product. The Spotfire forum can be useful but it can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

We used TIBCO Spotfire to develop dashboards for audit-related projects. We also used the product to perform exploratory data analyses on a variety of internal investigations in connection with malicious insider activities.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Great Analytics tool!"

What do you like best?

This tool is great for analyzing data coming from one or multiple systems to measure the success of your organization's processes and find opportunities for improvement.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a little bit of a 'fresher' look.

My business uses TIBCO Spotfire to gather data from our systems, measure the health of our organization against predefined metrics, and making decisions to take action where there are areas for us to improve. Before using Spotfire, we had individuals across several functional areas run metrics manually using Excel on a monthly basis. These individuals often did this in addition to their expected job responsibilities. We now have the ability with Spotfire to view our data consistently -- spending less time analyzing the data and spending more time taking a look and what the data is telling us.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Jonathan E.
Jonathan E.

"Desktop Orientated"

What do you like best?

Quick to process data and update it, brilliant at automatically creating filters for all the columns in your dataset.

Mapping in the product is fantastic, best in the market

What do you dislike?

Not an application builder, insanely hard to create a layout that is appealing or to create user controls - possible with some python but far too hard to create say a button to change the data plotted on an axis etc - not designed to create end user applications - the web player for example takes precisely whats on your desktop and places it in a web page - no ability to use additional Realestate etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine if you require an application builder (building a product others will consume, say through a web browser) or a desktop tool to explore data. If the former stay away unless you are a python guru, even then be cautious. If the latter go for it if you can't afford Tablou

Creating dashboards for people to get uptodate information on the oil market, saving people time as they do not need to create and maintain their own visuals

TIBCO Spotfire review by Administrator

"Good BI/Data VIsualization Software"

What do you like best?

Spotfire allows for data-visualization of large databases -- whether they be in-house or via a third party (AWS, etc). With the wide variety of options, we are able to customize dashboards and meet clients needs. The cloud services allows remote work from anyplace -- not requiring an application installed on the machine.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard/controls can be daunting to a first time user. It definitely requires a lot of training for development or advanced analytics -- just from navigation to getting a functional template. Customer support can be difficult to deal with -- they are often outsourced and the language barrier/clarity is frustrating when trouble-shooting why something is not working correctly or how to improve your interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have dedicated and trained developers or admins available in-house to assist employees. Expect a learning curve when trying to implement the transition.

Able to visualize millions upon millions of rows of data within a single dashboard -- plus constantly adding weekly data every month. Business managers are now able to pull a lot of data themselves versus coming to marketing (Saving time).

TIBCO Spotfire review by Juan Ignacio Z.
Juan Ignacio Z.

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

It is an excelent tool. I used is as a complement of excel. It has very nice and complete chart options and alouds the user to run complex pivot tables of long and heavy data tables. I work a lot with pivots and excel crashes if you use pivots of more than 70 columns and 250 mb.

The web option es also great. You can send the attendees of a meeging a link with the report and they access to a "read-only " version of the report. It is not necesarry to attach a file to an email, with the link itself is enough.

What do you dislike?

it is very difficult to write and understand the spotfire coding. If you want to add calculated columns you have to set new coding of dependencies between existing columns and the available codes are not the same as excel. It takes some time to upload heavy data bases (40 min for 250 mb).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is very important to pay for the "TIBCO" servers to work using an stablished library. Excel has the same functionalities but Spotfire is better in graphical options and it does not crash with pivots of heavy and long data bases

From my opinion, I have solved the issue of running pivot tables of heavy (more than 200 mg) data bases. It is also important to mention that is not necesary to attach the report files, you can just add the web link and with a user and password they can see (read only) a web version of the same report.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Patricio S.
Patricio S.

"Very useful "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using this tool. I can easily put in graphics all the information I gather with Excel. This tool is very easy to setup and use. I consider that Spotfire is one of the best analytics software. My organization had the Spotfire platform service. There is also other option that is Spotfire Cloud. Don't know how that one works, but looks like another good option.

Other item that is very valuable is the processing time it takes to generate the report considering the amount of data. Maybe if I run a macro in excel with the multiple files the PC could collapse or crash, but with Spotfire the server makes it really fast.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that this tool has to use local users to connect to the server to check the reports. I would prefer other authentication method. That is the only item I can consider as "room for improvement".

Other topic that could be considered for improvement is the way it codes the queries that it runs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider that the tool uses local users.

Risk Management Reporting. I can consolidate information from multiple sources very fast. I use it to show Risk Management KPIs and indicators and to monitor weekly the health of the Organization's risks. I usually lead a weekly presentation where we share the spotfire report and after any amber or red numbers are shown, I just double click over the number and it takes me to the data in other sheet.

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Great software for quick data visualization"

What do you like best?

The best feature in my opinion is that you get to create your own data columns and input equations within the same app instead of changing the data source. I also like that it gives you the ability to customize your dashboards with java and python.

What do you dislike?

When updating data sources, you have to manually update all of the other sheets that use those same columns which is a very time consuming task.

Spotfire provides the ability to create rapid prototypes of applications or even the ability to quickly validate analytics/data.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Katie K.
Katie K.

"TIBCO Spotfire Product Review"

What do you like best?

My company relies heavily on data analytics to provide our clients with comprehensive evaluations of their financial performance. In the past, we were restricted to using canned report templates built from our workdriver software or any existing software reporting our clients may have already had. However, once implementing Spotfire analytics into our workdriver tool, my team has been able to pull large amounts of financial data and present it in a plethora of beneficial ways for our clients. Spotfire analytics offers a user-friendly platform for analyzing, presenting, and researching hundreds of thousands of client accounts in mere seconds, and provides data visuals that are easy-to-read and meaningful for our client to better manage their organization's revenue and costs. My favorite feature is the sheer amount of data this software can handle - Spotfire can load and calculate a year's worth of my client's patient records (on average, 900,000 records) without a problem. Any other tools I've used (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access) would instantly freeze or shut down when trying to process that much data.

What do you dislike?

Calculating custom fields in Spotfire is definitely not as intuitive as it is in more common programs, such as Microsoft Excel. Often times my team and I need to manually calculate the data in our Spotfire tool and writing expressions in Spotfire in order to plug those formulas is much harder than typical formula-writing. Spotfire uses a different set of indicators for it's formula language that is more in line with SQL writing, which can be difficult for beginners or those not familiar with coding. Additionally, Spotfire data sheets require each column of data to be categorized into a certain "type" of data so that the program can read the field values correctly and thus, calculate them correctly when needed. For example, a number field value must be listed as an "integer" data type, an alpha field value must be listed as a "string" data type, etc. The tool will initially "guess" what type of data each column has in it, but it is up to the user to manually change any that are not categorized correctly. If you do not change them, they may not calculate correctly in any of the subsequent analyses you do with that data in the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend familiarizing yourself with case writing before you dive into this tool. When you understand the nuances of Spotfire's formulaic language, the data testing benefits of this tool are endless. You can customize data testing templates in Spotfire and configure them to automatically update every time you feed a new data file into it, so that you can test multiple iterations of files against the same template with ease. For example, my team built a Spotfire template to identify which departments in my client's organization were writing off revenue to the company's debt vendor (i.e., writing off money that will never get collected or paid) by setting the formulas up to identify a certain transaction code, and tie it back to which department in the organization had used that code. We were then able to load multiple files into the same template (e.g., financial reports from April, May, June) and analyze which departments wrote off the most debt for each month. We immediately saw a trend for a specific department, identified that risk, and were able to help our client save hundred of thousands of dollars by preventing those write-offs in the future.

Our primary focus is to identify financial risks across my clients' organizations and use data analytics to troubleshoot process inefficiencies and realize benefit through improved revenue streams. As a result, my team must look at historical data records from huge, multi-facility organizations, which is often difficult given that these databases can easily exceed one million records. Spotfire analytics has changed the game for my team and my clients. It allows quick, comprehensive analyses of massive amounts of data, and as a result allows our team to solve key financial problems for our clients (e.g., "What is causing a spike in our AR days? Why has our debt population increased over the last year? What facilities/departments are bringing in the most/least revenue, and why?) much quicker. It allows my team to look at more data faster, and as a result we're able to uncover huge populations of financial risk that our client was otherwise oblivious to. We're then able to bring these numbers to light and work with our clients to implement functional/technical process improvements to prevent further financial risk.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Clayton B.
Clayton B.

"Excellent and powerful data visualization tool."

What do you like best?

Spotfire is fantastic for data visualization!

What do you dislike?

Spotfire is not so good for more complex statistical analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to script in Spotfire for much greater capability!

I use Spotfire at work to create data visualizations to communicate to my colleagues what our manufacturing process is doing. I create scripts using Spotfire's IronPython scripting language to automatically generate canned reports with tons of plots.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Spotfire - Great tool for data visualization and data analysis"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Support does not support and sometimes they don't have replies to our questions.

and Drill down in the same chart is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great visualization tool. Should be tried by everyone.

Implemented for Supply chain management project. It helps customer to remove the manual work of maintaining excel sheet and had automated the process.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Razvan T.
Razvan T.

"Easy to use once you learn it"

What do you like best?

Lots of tricks can be used to manipulate your data to be read and interpreted as easily as possible.

What do you dislike?

Application takes a while to load at start up

Bad actors and unfulfilled orders or completed but tardy

TIBCO Spotfire review by Brian R. S.
Brian R. S.

"Cutting edge visualization tool for data scientists that is quick and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I have been using Spotfire since version 2.1 and recently started using Tableau 9.0 heavily which is a direct competitor. I believe Spotfire's integration capabilities give it that unique edge over other tools in the market place in facilitating the creation of self-contained analytical applications. If I want to get insight fast and understand patterns in a data set that I am analyzing, I think Spotfire is the fastest way to get the data into a tool for quick analysis and explore. I find the expression language and pivoting capabilities very convenient to use and so I will lean on Spotfire more to help shape the data, add calculated columns, and draw up visuals to get something done quickly and out the door to collaborate with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I think the place where other tools (especially Tableau, Qlik) have more of a leg up on Spotfire is really more from a visual output formatting / layout perspective. What I mean by this is that have I free control in Tableau to arrange a page of visualizations and drag and drop worksheets (visualizations) any which way I want on a dashboard (which in Tableau is different class of objects) so I can create some very interesting mashups of content. What I wind up with output from Tableau I can print to PDF and send it off. With Spotfire, I typically have to take each of the visualizations and finalize dressing it up Powerpoint. Though, Spotfire has made leaps and bounds of improvements especially with mapping capabilities, I believe Tableau facilitates a higher degree of custom formatting visuals needed for dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spotfire is an entire analytics platform where there are features that may be tucked away in their Integration Services package or their Advanced Data Connector package. When you are evaluating Spotfire for your company, I recommend to explore the entire feature set that is available and licensing so that what you purchase from Tibco when the solution is implemented meets your organization's current needs with room to grow as the use of this product quickly takes off to replace existing or is leveraged to meet a much needed gap.

Being a consultant, I work on a variety of business problems to support our company's internal needs as well as working with clients directly to solve their analytical challenges. Spotfire's R integration / TERR platform and updates to their data-on-demand functionality have really provided a unique way of consuming data and providing facilities to analyze data at scale that I find few tools do well. Spotfire saves me time when I need to do rapid analysis to understand if there is something I can ascertain from a data set I have been provided to warrant further investigation and analytic development. Spotfire's data model is set up in such a way that I can override data types which is important especially when working from data extracts where the type isn't clear and maintains that integrity for me even when the data changes.

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Financial Services

"Easy to manage analytics platform with lots of customization "

What do you like best?

Easy visual platform and plenty of options for customization.

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface with lots of room for improvement, especially when exporting data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very specific when deciding your parameters for search. It can be a bit tricky if there are historical attributions that don't fit your current criteria.

Vulnerability systems management - easy to segment with each group and each team's individual vulnerabilities.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Kaivalya D.
Kaivalya D.

"DV tool with great potential - but needs improvements"

What do you like best?

In-memory analytics, Enterprise architecture, Data discovery, intuitive graphs, highly customizable elements with IronPython scripting support, Easy integration of R (TERR) are the features that really impressed me. Look & feel of the dashboards, easy filtration for slicing & dicing the datasets are other mentionable features.

Information Links are good for multiple data sources if the columns are required to be pulled in single set. Bookmarks for personal as well as for team(s) increases the usability of the dashboard with more personalization of the information.

The tool is very easy to learn for basic operations. i.e. for end users very less training is required.

What do you dislike?

For advanced users, it is not as easy as it looks to design robust dashboards.

Information Links need to evolve a lot as a semantic layer. More user friendliness is required to design Business- Logical-Physical layers. Defining complex joins, complex filters is quite cumbersome.

For me, managing real estate is a disappointment. Free floating text areas should have come in handy whenever they are only needed for some code based controls etc.

Gauges, traffic lights & scorecard visualizations are not part of standard list.

Each IronPython script need to be authenticated individually every time when the dashboard is promoted between environments (Dev -> QA-> Prod).

User & content management through desktop client. It needs to hop between Library administration, Administration Manager windows. This could be great if handled through web client (imagine CMC of SAP-BO or IBM's Cognos Connection )

No straight forward way to implement row-level data security (data access restrictions based on column values).

Spotfire is being used to support Market reach analysis for a Pharma client's proprietary drug. The dashboards use various charts including Geo Mapping to ascertain market standpoint position. On click of summarized data charts, filtration on details visualizations is applied for easier data discovery.

Since Tibco Spotfire, the development of complex BI reports & individually created-shared spreadsheets are reduced. The result is more consistent version of truth across the platform.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Best Software for Data Analytics "

What do you like best?

Ability to display large amounts of data quickly and analyze data easily and effectively with side-by-side visuals.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to customize different data sets separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the cloud version. Easy to setup and manage users and licenses.

We use Spotfire to analyze trends in production and attribute key factors causing gains or losses in production.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

"TIBCO Spotfire - One of the best BI Analytics Reporting tool"

What do you like best?

TIBCO spotfire is one of the best BI analytics reporting tool in market. In memory visualization and build once and publish all users are best. Users can use the existing report and build their own visualizations. It can integrate well with matlab and can be enahnced with R scripting.

What do you dislike?

Expensive. Need seamless integration with all the ERP applications and unix systems as well. Report performance with increase in data volume depends on ram available on the machine.

Business Analytics Reporting, Integration with matlab

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Spotfire- A growing tool"

What do you like best?

•The tool allows you to customize the application. For example, the SDK allows for custom visualizations. But for that one should have the programming knowledge C# is must to learn.

•The best feature which I found is use of html language in text area. You can design the text area with background colors and images as well you can borders in text area.

•Spotfire supports the S plus and R language which we can used for predictive analysis. It’s a complex part of Spotfire.

•It allows you to make your custom sql queries and load the required data only. Information designer is the best part in Spotfire, you can create columns, use conditions, pivot, unpivot, and make joins .it’s a kind of sql editor.

•Version 6.0 has some added features like maporama in their maps, Later on in coming releases they are going to add more in map

What do you dislike?

and Drill down in the same chart is not available.

We are using Spotfire in Utilities to track the Waste and Water Process of the Plant.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"This product produces great visualizations combined with advanced statistical features"

What do you like best?

I like that users can get started quickly with Spotfire. Adding a visualization automatically provides a graph as opposed to having to know where and what to drag to specific locations like other BI tools. I love that is has an integrated R statistical engine and can perform some statistical functions without any code.

What do you dislike?

I find the Information Designer to be non-intuitive and most users do not have the time to learn it. I don’t understand why the color by feature is not available for the bars in a combination chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very powerful BI tool. It is easy to get started as well as having a lot of advanced features.

We are looking at various completion methods in the Middle Bakken and Three Forks formation and trying to find out how they affect production.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Peter W.
Peter W.

"Extremely fast, nimble analytics tool that can be shared across an organization"

What do you like best?

The ability to mash together multiple data sources creating real-time dashboards that are both visual pleasing and decision driving.

What do you dislike?

In a large company, not all of the administrative functions of the software are not well understood or utilized. Our company still has a long ways to go in taking full advantage of the Spotfire extensions, API, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spotfire is an incredibly deep, powerful tool. Make sure that you have the necessary IT personnel allocated to take full advantage of the Spotfire extensions, the mobile app, and other advanced features.

Reduced cycle time, Reduced cost. A better understanding of the mechanics of the supply chain. Created a more effective way to track and monitor budgets.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"TIBCO"

What do you like best?

TIBCO Spotfilre offers mapping capability which can be a very powerful tool to understand the businees and where they come from, their demographics, socio-economic status and other variables which are important to the organization and their strategic plans. Visually very powerful and the ability to hover over the data and small captions which pop-up help the user determine what they are looking at.

What do you dislike?

Slightly cumbersome in the build but marginal enough not to be an issue. Lack of screen real estate to show multiple meaningful graphs or tables. Dashboard capability could use some tweaking to accomodate for the lack of space. Sizing and less clutter, more options to just show a single number or numbers would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful tool with a hefty price.

Tibco Spotfire which is being used by McKesson Corporation to support their next generation business intelligence tool, Explorer. It is again web based supported by large massive datasets behind the scenes which can be updated dynamically when the data is refreshed so are all the dashboards and analytical presentations. The product offers GIS (mapping) capability which is fantastic to see the data by geographical areas such as zip codes, States and so on. It also has the capability to overlay data when you need to provide analysis on cost and volume or volumes by a demographic category, ie: age, gender, ethnicity and add another dimension like severity of illness, financial class, and payments. It is fantastic tool that offers more to the end user to be able to understand their business.

From an administrator point of view, this is your classic setting up the database right the first time, making the appropriate connections from one dataset to another based on a common variable or string (an id number) then building the presentation piece so that the end user can see the data in either tables or graphs or both.

I have used the tool and think of it as a very advanced pivot table. Categories can be selected, periods (years, quarters, months) or the administrator can also create categories as the end user needs.

This is the way the BI industry is headed. More flexibility, predictive analytics and mobile.

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Spotfire for data visualization"

What do you like best?

The self-service data exploration that report viewers can do.

What do you dislike?

On larger cross tables with many columns, naming the columns and then losing the columns names when you modify the cross table and have to rename them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was very quick to learn the software for both report creators and the report views. We have seen a huge growth in the number of people that have their hands on data on a daily basis and are now using data more frequently to make decisions.

Sharing data in a visual way across the company.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Mario C.
Mario C.

"Technical Product for Advanced Business Analysts"

What do you like best?

Spotfire is enabled for both basic and advanced business analysts. It's also able to connect to various big data sources.

What do you dislike?

Visualization layouts are more static than Tableau. For example, filter panels cannot be overlayed onto visualizations, and must stay 'boxed' either above, below, left, or right, but not on-top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take advantage of all Spotfire has to offer.

I've used Spotfire for optimising SQL queries using the Data Connection feature. The benefits of having parameterised queries to return only relevant, filtered data at a faster rate than everything at once.

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Spotfire Review"

What do you like best?

Spotfire provides my organization with a strong BI software to link data sources and handle large amounts of data. Its ability to work with GIS shapefiles has also proven to be quite useful to our organization.

What do you dislike?

It is not as flashy visually as some other BI softwares, but has made strong improvements in newer releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not as flashy visually as some other BI softwares, Spotfire has handled all of our business needs to date. I was not the decision-maker internally on price, but it came in competitively compared to other products.

We have been able to bring together automation across multiple facets of our organization and the ability to use GIS mapping to help visualize our data has played a strong role in business practice improvements.

TIBCO Spotfire review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="bd6753d2-d2c6-4057-a1d7-d8bcce3af69c">Wendy G.</span>
Wendy G.
" itemprop="name" />

"Tibco Spotfire"

What do you like best?

Spotfire is user friendly, and has great visualizations available. I appreciate the filters, marking, and user interface.

I have used Spotfire daily for about 1.5 years to design dashboards, perform ad hoc data analysis, store metadata, and to store information link SQL, columns and table reference.

What do you dislike?

I find the Custom SQL functionality for information links is not as flexible as i would like. when i change the SQL, i still have to modify elements, which seem like placeholders

We provide sales and marketing dashboards to measure financial and sales team performance. I use Spotfire for on the fly data analysis - ex comparing data from disparate sources. Identify patterns. etc.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Vanessa B.
Vanessa B.

"TIBCO Spotfire for Scientists"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the dynamic visualizations of Spotfire, the ways that I can share my data with colleagues and upper management, and the different kinds of visualizations at my disposal. Visuals help me understand my data better and gain scientific insights faster.

What do you dislike?

I love the application, however I wish I had more time for training on the special tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do the training lessons first and then teach Spotfire to your colleagues or new hires.

I love to use Spotfire for scientific data analysis. I can look at my data in different ways and share these visualizations with my colleagues.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Oil & Energy
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Oil & Energy

"TIBCO Spotfire Review"

What do you like best?

I like Spotfire's ability to provide information links to multiple data sources. I also like using the trellis and filter bar functions to populate different types of modifications to reports.

What do you dislike?

I dislike to amount of time it takes to load data when populating data from information links. Perhaps this is a data source issue, I am not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend taking full advantage of this tool, especially datalinks.

I am trying to create surveillence tools for data being managed in a particular software. I am also using spotfire for auditing reports generated for data cleanup projects. I have realized a numerous amount of benefits by using spotfire as a reporting and analytical tool. It is very useful!

TIBCO Spotfire review by Kristopher N.
Kristopher N.

"Useful tool to create vivid and descriptive visualizations"

What do you like best?

Spotfire is very easy to use right out of the box to create useful visualizations. Just drag and drop an excel file to import and that's half the work. Powerful set of tools to create different visualizations based on the data.

What do you dislike?

Spotfire lacks a strong infrastructure to support integration with a high volume OLTP system. Re-summarization and reloading of current up to date data causes performance issues.

Spotfire allowed us to put a picture on what was happening with our data over time. We were able to view costs against budgets, as well as many other dimensions.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"A great data discovery and analysis tool"

What do you like best?

Advanced analysis tools; clustering, modeling, multivariate analysis

R script and function integration

Iron python scripting integration

Easy web deployment

What do you dislike?

Tends to crash occasionally with no auto recovery

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm a BI consultant. I'm often asked to compare Spotfire to other BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.). I respond that if you want an analytics tool, as opposed to purely a visualization tool like tableau, you'll want to go with Spotfire.

Call center performance, financial reporting, operations oversight, market penetration analysis

TIBCO Spotfire review by Nirmal S.
Nirmal S.

"Great tool for quick reporting and analytics "

What do you like best?

I like the drilling feature of the tool. There is no extra work involved for the developer and it appears seamless to the ends users.

What do you dislike?

Spotfire does not have a web version available unlike the traditional BI tools. If the client wants to see the reports and dashboards, he should have the client installed on his machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful analytics for quick reporting and dashboards

I used it for implementing Volcker rule analytics. Unlike traditional BI tools like Cognos, this is easy to install, and quick for creating reports with rich analytics for the clients

TIBCO Spotfire review by Internal Consultant in Farming
Internal Consultant in Farming

"Not for large data sets"

What do you like best?

Nice visuals

Some easy config available

Allow users to quickly see data

What do you dislike?

Slow to load initial with large data sets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a poc to validate performance

Display kpis around customers nps

TIBCO Spotfire review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Intuitive data discovery with in memory engine plus cloud offering"

What do you like best?

Data strucuture usage in a flexible and robust way. Spotfire allows you to diirectly connect with database and lets the developers to develop powerful reports intuitively. We are to some extent were able to establish ourseleves as adata driven division within the organizations.

What do you dislike?

While spotfire is a complimentary tool to the other business intelligence tools which do not have the data ecxploration capabilities , spotfire must be used to develop visualizations which use huge datasets with the help of an in memory engine.

Error handling and client stability are two most top problems that must be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I want to iterate this is an excellent solution which compliments the other business intelligence tools

Our business problem was to identify the pattern of faulty sales and service applications that have the process degradation affect and to draw the behavior of those applications and systems and correlate to the behavior of the other applications and systems.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Electronics
Internal Consultant in Consumer Electronics

"New generation analytic tool"

What do you like best?

User interface is great. very organized visualization. It's not a S/W tool for IT professional. it is a tool for business peoples who makes a business decision and business strategy.

What do you dislike?

Web player has a performance issue. when they interact with each visualization from web browser, the reflection happened late. it caused web user complain. Limited operator functionality if Spotfire has Database link in back end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spotfire is truly BI visualization tool for business peoples who know operation, management, process, it is not IT oriented tool.

We have a lot of product line and business partners that our management team manages. Spotfire visual tool shows immediate problemed area in product group partner group.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Brent M.
Brent M.

"Build clean visualization reports with robust data manipulation tool"

What do you like best?

Clean and standardized visualizations built with powerful data manipulation abilities. Web-player capability is easy to set-up and deploy. Performance continues to improve with each version. Support from Tibco is quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize visualizations and no unique visualization types. Lackluster interface and controls with data engine. Expensive to deploy to a medium and large enterprises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic tool for building standardized reports that are readily shareable via web-player and client. Do use Spitfire if you require a strong data engine and data manipulation outside of your databases. Do not use if you need infographics or highly customized visualizations.

Standardized format allows for easy use across a broad spectrum of users. Our users are able to promptly locate trouble with their projects and also do away with countless disparate spreadsheets and ad-hoc databases,

TIBCO Spotfire review by Internal Consultant in Investment Management
Internal Consultant in Investment Management

"Spotfire POC"

What do you like best?

Spotfire works well with both R (using TERR) and MATLAB and even I was impressed by its very rich mathematical and statistical functions. Also it has nice UI for creating different types of charts or dashboard which is kind of easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Although it has nice in-memory capabilities, spotfire failed to show good performance when trying to load 100+ millions rows of data. Another downside is that it has too many different ways to load data (especially with information designer) so many internal users got confused with those options.

Data visualization. Definitely spotfire helps users to discover outliers easily and time to market is better than other similar products.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Good"

What do you like best?

Good data integration and visualization features.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility with filters, sizes , formats and documentation.

Reporting for analytics and visualizations .

TIBCO Spotfire review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Great Tool. Empowers business users to develop and display data the way they want."

What do you like best?

From an IT perspective after setting the information link, the user can do visualizations and do't have to wait on IT. It saves a lot of time and makes the process of report creation or analysis faster.

What do you dislike?

The ability to have a meta data layer where the user can go and look at all the relationships and data points available.

We have developed a lot of Sales/Marketing visualization, dashboards. This tool has empowered the Sales people to look for their data visually helping them understand which areas needs to be improved on.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Prem S. K.
Prem S. K.

"An excellent and comparatively inexpensive tool to see your data trends in real-time"

What do you like best?

Visually appealing, easy to use, relatively simple to learn, a huge leap over using Excel for similar tasks. Reports and dashboards can be built from Excel spreadsheets or SQL Server Databases. Charts and tables make it very easy to spot trends in real-time. Ability to customize dashboards is limited only by the user's knowledge of the system. Strong and helpful user community.

What do you dislike?

Depending on server capabilities, performance can suffer as the data feed grows larger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider main competitors Cognos and Tableau, Spotfire is the best-priced and most comprehensive data reporting/visualization tool on the market.

Moved from an Excel-based ad-hoc reporting structure to real-time feed, so as to cut down on the number of routine ad-hoc requests, as the required data is now available to be viewed when required. This has freed up resources to concentrate on more complicated report requests.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Nikhil P.
Nikhil P.

"Self training proof of concept"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use

- Clean dashboarding

- Powerful data manipulation

- Web player is a good adddition

What do you dislike?

- Nothing unique to act as differentiator from competitors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the cost vs. benefit analysis. Competitors in this space are ahead of Spotfire in differentiators that set them apart

Proof of concept for possible enterprise wide adoption

TIBCO Spotfire review by Rajasekar K.
Rajasekar K.

"Great Tool aswme "

What do you like best?

I like the Statistical services charts and map chart, The way intract with data.

What do you dislike?

Too many third party tools needs to be licensed to achive basic things

reporting perspective it awsome

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Intuitive and flexible"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of the platform. Visualization of data is clear and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Stats functions and analysis is not robust

Data visualization for root cause investigation

TIBCO Spotfire review by Consultant in Computer Networking
Consultant in Computer Networking

"It's a great Visulaization Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use for developers and the end users, great visuals and navigation features that would allow to do the quick analysis

What do you dislike?

It does not have the ability to captures annotation on the visuals itself . Some of the reporting features like subtotals and click to drill down on the totals in not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to realize the benefits are against other tools like Tableau ( cannot handle huge datasets , performance issues , not easy to use ) and Qlikview ( Requires developers to write scripts )

Build business dashboards that are ease to use and navigate .

TIBCO Spotfire review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Spotfire user for a little over a year"

What do you like best?

I love the visualizations and ability to drill down in the numbers. Fairly easy to configure as well. Higher level management appreciates the dynamics of the tool.

What do you dislike?

Lack of Spotfire's ability to print to PDF in a usable format. If more than one visualization is on the screen printing to PDF or PPT is a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for looking at metrics.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Katherine S. S.
Katherine S. S.

"I have been satisfied with Spotfire for the last 4 years."

What do you like best?

Visualization is my favourite part in Spotfire as easy to create and build the dashboards.

What do you dislike?

I think data connection with commercial database is not easy compared to other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to SPSS, data modelling is not strong in Spotfire.

TIBCO Spotfire review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services

"Solid data visualization extract"

What do you like best?

Ability to build simple quick dashboards

What do you dislike?

Still has some if the bulky feel of excel

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand core Analytics system. Spotfire is great for pulling insight from your risk models, not replacing.

I pinpoint risk in data production process for Federal Reserve bank reporting.

Learning about TIBCO Spotfire?

* We monitor all TIBCO Spotfire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.