Time Doctor

Accurate time tracking software that allows you to see where exactly time was spent.

Work for Time Doctor?
Kronos workforce cenral time tracking  2x

Learning about Time Doctor?

Time Doctor Reviews

Ask Time Doctor a Question
Showing 98 Time Doctor reviews
Time Doctor review by <span>Ana C.</span>
Ana C.

Productivity at its best, no need to write an End-of-the-day report. All activities are well listed

What do you like best?

Sometimes, I have to edit the time to add some projects or activities which I forgot to enter or there are times, urgent matters come up and not being able to put the task. I can easily edit. At the same time, I can show to my upline that there are no wasted time.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like it when I am watching video trainings and then time doctor will pop up and the coffee shows up, am I still working or taking a break? Of course I am still working lol. Automated reminders are sometimes annoying. But yep, I understand that is also a necessary feature of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to all our co-employees so everybody is on the right track of keeping their tasks listed. This will save them a lot of time and effort.

We are able to solve tracking all the activities being done the whole day. Very efficient and we don't waste any more time listing them in an EOD because there is a tendency to not being able to remember them all.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Time Doctor
Time Doctor review by <span>Petr B.</span>
Petr B.

One of the best tool for our team

What do you like best?

I can very easily add new projects, new task and also assign team member to it very quickly.We can also easily create access for our clients which is big benefit for us as 95% of clients requesting to have overview of our worked time and also screenshots.There is also very useful function which is mobile app.We are using this app to check our team if they reach daily set working hours.

What do you dislike?

When i did set access for client there is Payment request section which i would like to hide as some client was surprised why it is there.But there is not possibility to hide it.Otherwise there is not any fucntion im dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to track your time with windows software i would really suggest TimeDoctor as their app is 100% working and without any bugs.

We are tracking our team activity and of course we are sharing worked time with our clients.

Honestly i didnt find on the market app which suit me more.Windows app is fully working and it is without any bugs.TimeDoctor team is updating app very regularly.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Time Doctor review by <span>Ruby J.</span>
Ruby J.

Time management's best tool

What do you like best?

There's a lot to love in Time Doctor. I can quickly and easily create new projects and new tasks, track time with the click of a button, switch tasks easily, pull up reports, edit time, see exactly how much time I am spending on a certain task, etc. There's basically nothing I don't like here. Previously I had to write down time to track it and it was a pain. This is so much easier and an awesome deal for the price too!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Time Doctor, to be honest. However, if I could make a suggestion for improvement, I'd like them to somehow integrate phone time automatically into Time Doctor. So basically, I want to be able to automatically pull up how long I spent talking to a certain client over the phone without having to manually add that time.

I am saving a ton of time with Time Doctor, since I no longer have to track my time manually. Writing invoices is much easier because I just have to input the date range and client into the Dashboard and it will tell me exactly how much time I should bill for. This is basically an app that I really couldn't work without.

Time Doctor review by <span>Amy C.</span>
Amy C.

Awesome service... I've tried other similar services and none are so user friendly.

What do you like best?

I need to track hours I spend on projects for clients.

Super simple interface and the desktop app reminds me if I start working and I'm not in a task. That's actually HUGE for me. I'm doing so many things, without the reminder that I am working/need to report my working (by popping up if I'm not on a project), I wouldn't remember. I've been there before with other projects.

I recently hired someone who will be working remotely. I appreciate knowing how time is spent if I am paying hourly.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a hard time with anything I dislike. The only thing I can think of is that when I go onto Facebook or YouTube, etc. (as part of a job), the application asks "are you still working on..." LOL! Everyone's judging me!!! I feel judged! I'm creating a Facebook ad--that's work!!!

Seriously, I would like to be able to select all projects and they view the total # of hours at the top. Right now, I have to 'print' it to see the total number of hours on the selected projects (otherwise the screen lists the Projects and then tasks with a total for the individual project). It's an annoying extra step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starting out they gave me the $5.99 rate before I hired an employee, I really liked that. I don't know that I was committed enough to pay $9.99/mo. off the bat, but the program pays for itself.

I signed up for it with an immediate goal. You see, I work for one client on flat monthly rate for a number of years. We renegotiate every year based on new responsibilities he gives me, etc.

So, even though I'm a flat monthly fee, I had a feeling that I was working way more hours than was worth my pay, so I started to track the hours with detailed descriptions and was shocked over a 3 month period how many hours I actually worked. I had tried doing this in the past with other applications, but I couldn't keep up with them, they required me to 'start the clock' and I would forget to turn it on.

When he saw my report, he was floored. It helped me negotiate better pay and it helped him understand where he was potentially wasting time--and my time-- and what took a lot of time with a low rate of return for him.

But after that, I never turned back. I use TimeDoctor all the time.

And another benefit is, with other clients, I never get any "what were you doing that took X hours?" I include the project report with detailed line items along with an invoice. No questions. I think they like the accounting for time.

So the overall benefit was realizing where I spent my time and realized that hiring someone I could actually make more money. I have her on the program as well.

Time Doctor review by <span>Chris B.</span>
Chris B.

The most valuable app for tracking and billing clients

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use and the ability to log different projects with different clients. I also like the reminder function for time that I'm spending not working and it prompts me when I spent too much time not working.

What do you dislike?

The logging of manual time is a bit clunky, It is difficult to log an exact time if you have to scroll through every minute of the day. I would prefer it if they could break it up into minutes and hours to get this done quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product and great value for money. I do not use all the features of this product but I can see that this is a great time management tool for larger corporations.

I can log exactly the amount of hours that I spend per client and per project. It makes billing easy at the end of the month.

Time Doctor review by <span>Kevin C.</span>
Kevin C.

I can't live without Time Doctor

What do you like best?

I like that Time Doctor integrates with many project management platforms. We use JIRA and the integration is great. I also like being able to see the tasks my contractors are working on and how much time they spent and on which tasks. I also like the payroll feature so both myself and my contracts can see how much they are earning and will be paid for the next pay period, this helps me to see if they are working enough and if they are working on the right things.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way for me to build custom integrations or plugins so that I could have a way to customize how Time Doctor works without having to wait for the feature I want to be added

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and see if it meets most, if not all your needs.

I have an easy way for my contractors to keep track of the time they spend on issues in JIRA and for me to see what they are working on and have worked on. It also allows me to see at the end of the week how much I have to pay them at the end of the week since it has the ability for me to add how much per hour I pay each person

Learning about Time Doctor?

* We monitor all Time Doctor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.