TimeSolv

Attorneys from small to medium law firms and area of practices will enjoy TimeSolv Legal's robust features while performing the critical client billing activities.

Work for TimeSolv?

Learning about TimeSolv?

Compare TimeSolv to Similar Solutions

TimeSolv Reviews

Ask TimeSolv a Question
Showing 131 TimeSolv reviews
TimeSolv review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"Great program. Easy to use and efficient."

What do you like best?

I like how simple Timesolv is to use. It is easy to learn and has easy to use reports that can be generated in many different ways. Its nice to use the reports to keep track of billing and receiving. Timesolv has helped our company become more efficient and organized.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say one negative thing, I would say that it was tricky learning how to generate the perfect invoice and customize it to fit my needs. I had to learn what sections to put the information in and how to enter it correctly. It was more of a user error and not the program.

We are trying to clear up our outstanding receivables. It was amazing to generate a report and really see which clients still had outstanding balances. We are currently working towards collecting from those clients. It is also a very helpful program for keeping track of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TimeSolv
TimeSolv review by Tresenia G.
Tresenia G.

"Law Firm Moves Billing to the Cloud"

What do you like best?

Ease of importing existing data into the system. Abbreviations for repetitive time entry language. Easy user interface. Quick set up. Amazing customer service with proactive communication.

What do you dislike?

Would like ability to customize reports and/or filter information on a granular level. Would like the ability to save reports that we run on a regular basis. Expand import and export capabilities across all levels (currently cannot import timekeepers or abbreviations).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for workarounds to your challenges. Utilize the expertise of the TimeSolv team. Everything I discussed as a challenge I have been able to work around and/or TimeSolv has done for me./committed to a feature in the future.

Using a very clunky on-premises time and billing program (Timeslips). We wanted to move all our firm technology to the cloud and move from an on-prem model to a SaaS model. Solves the need for onsite servers which break, and need constant care to secure them from outside threats. Solves the need for a mobile workforce.

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

TimeSolv review by Eva D.
Eva D.

"Best Legal Billing Program!!"

What do you like best?

Timesolv is hands down the best legal billing program available today. With more than 20 years in the legal industry, I've worked with a variety of legal billing programs, and this one tops the cake. Not only is it easy to use, convenient to both law firms and their clients, but if you find anything that you need it to do, that it doesn't currently do, just reach out to the staff at Timesolv and before you know it, they've updated it with your request! Also love the Webinars! Each time they roll out something new, they offer a free Webinar to teach you how to get the most out of every new update.

They have literally taken feedback from many, many firms and individuals to design a program that will exceed all of your expectations.

What do you dislike?

The tasks we were previously unable to complete with Timesolv, have all been added. The staff at Timesolv takes their clients feedback very seriously and implements changes regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands down - this is the best legal billing program out there. Extremely easy to use, excellent customer service, free informative webinars each time they roll out something new, makes billing customers and paying commissions an absolute breeze.

Billing our clients is a breeze with this program. In addition to being easy-to-use, the reports and information generated by Timesolv are unbelievable. I recommend this program to any size law firms - it's covers all of your billing and revenue/commission needs.

TimeSolv review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Very user-friendly, just the right number of bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is, all while providing me enough to keep track of my various billers, billing rates, clients, etc. It's intuitive and doesn't require me to be as granular and rigid as some other billing/timekeeping/project management programs I've tried have been.

What do you dislike?

The Quickbooks sync didn't work as I had hoped. We ended up not syncing with my QB because it would have required me to send out my bills via TimeSolv, which I didn't want to do. However, it was an easy fix, so this wasn't a deal-breaker by any means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you used Timeslips before, this is a seamless transition (at least mentally). It has been a great product for us so far.

I needed an easy way to keep track of multiple billers in different locations, so I needed something cloud-based. This accomplished that and has reduced the amount of time I spend doing billing by 50-75 percent. That's time I can spend doing billable work or, heaven forbid, NOT WORKING.

TimeSolv review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Solo Attorney Who Has Used TimeSolv for 8 Years"

What do you like best?

I've been using TimeSolv since I opened my own practice in 2009. Over the last 8 years, TimeSolv has always been easy to use and reliable, which are 2 of the most important qualities in any kind of software, especially billing software. Since I started, they've made many improvements and continue to improve it only to make it easier to use. I've never lost any data on the system and can pull up invoices and time records from 8 years ago if needed. It also can be accessed from anywhere which is a big help for a solo attorney.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find anything I dislike about the software. It used to be a little difficult to void bills and correct billed time and expenses, but even that has become much easier lately. I guess it could be a little easier to modify invoice templates, but that's about all I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I think it's better than any of the other competitors out there, especially for small or solo law firms.

I can easily input my time and expenses, prepare and send bills, all from my office iMac, my iPhone, or my home MacBook. All I need is an internet connection, which means I can send an invoice to a customer at any time from anywhere.

TimeSolv review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to enter time, run reports, view expenses and payments and keep track of all of our client information in one place.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more advanced search options, like search all new clients brought in on a certain week. also it can be tricky to delete an old client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can tell you, it is so mice having your master client list all in one place, with all of their trust payments and invoices and regular payments and expenses ready to view with one click. previously we would always have to direct billing questions to one person in our firm. now anyone can answer our clients concerns, view payment history, view billing history, and make changes. Everything is so user friendly and easy to figure out.

our billing goes so smooth. Entering time is really easy, I love getting to use the abbreviations.

TimeSolv review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"Easy to use software and excellent customer support."

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and when you are new to the program they make sure you fully understand how it all works by providing online training. If you ever have a question on issue they are quick to respond with help and answers.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to discover something that I don't like about TimeSolv.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it free for a month, do so and you will see just how easy it is to use and how easy it is to find answers to any questing that my come up.

I have a client whos company has outdated accounting software and they struggle with my payments. They asked me to send separate time and expense invoices each month. My first reaction was that is going to be a pain and added work for me. As it turned out it was already a feature in TimeSolv and it is quick and easy for me to create separate invoices each month. Now my client is happy and I am happy because of how easy TimeSolv is to use.

TimeSolv review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Long-time happy customer"

What do you like best?

I have been a TimeSolv customer for 8 years and I highly recommend it. I am a one-person law firm so I do everything myself. I needed something very user friendly and easy to use and this is.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would automatically generate a new invoice for those clients who you bill and they do not pay the whole thing off at once, but then if you don't do any work for them that month, you have to trick the system into generating another bill. It's easy enough to do but you have to remember to do it for each client that falls into that category and it's an added step. I think there's a way to generate a statement instead of an invoice, but I like to do everything by invoice all at the same time every month.

Monthly billing.

TimeSolv review by User

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Easy to track time and generate bills. I haven't found anything better for the price.

What do you dislike?

I have been asking for years for the following things, and they haven't done them yet:

1) Ability to apply payment to specific things, like costs only or fees only. We frequently have clients who are contingency and they pay costs. It becomes hard to track what they've paid and what they owe because the payments just get applied by invoice.

2) Ability to export/import contacts from outlook. Each new client - I have to enter their contact twice: (1) once in outlook, once in timesolv. That seems repetitive

3) The payment interface is not the MOST user friendly. We've gotten used to it over time, but it's been complicated to move trust money at times.

We are tracking our time and billing clients.

TimeSolv review by Madeline  K.
Madeline K.

"Called for help on an allocation- amazing customer service!"

What do you like best?

If I ever come across any difficulties, I am able to get someone on the phone via customer in minutes. As opposed to some companies, where you could be on hold for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

What do you dislike?

The online manual is not as descriptive as just calling someone from the customer service line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the webinars to better familiarize yourself with Timesolv before using. Fantastic product!

Keeping an online record of all billing and payments as opposed to having to use a formula in Excel.

TimeSolv review by Sabrina H.
Sabrina H.

"This product is easy to use and offers excellent billing options"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, and I like the way I can add private notes for my file, that don't show up on the bill, but are available if there is any question. I also like the way I can update entries, either on the calendar directly, or from the bill (which also updates the calendar). Also like the timer.

What do you dislike?

I would like a feature that would integrate/sync entries on TimeSoLV with my iPhone calendar

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the cost.

Bill formatting. I like the options I have for different types of clients. I also like being able to work on or off line.

TimeSolv review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"TimeSolv is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

It is a simple solution to attorney billing for small law firm to track their time spent on files. Especially for a firm that uses another program for case management. There are so many excessive billing program out there that cost a fortune and you only end up using the billing portion of it. TimeSolv has the AWESOME feature call Time Sync which allows you to capture time and expenses as you are working on the computer. No more tedious time sheets! I love the feature and it works exceptionally well with dual monitors where you can keep it in the fore front while you work.

What do you dislike?

I think the retainer options can be better. I wish there was a way to enter a paid retainer and be able to deduct from the retainer amount. Also, I think the organization of client and matters could be better design for more customization to the firm. For instance, the option to just put in a client or a matter instead of having to do both.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See first page of review.

Im not sure that this question applies to me.

TimeSolv review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"Law Office of Steven Medearis review of TimeSolv"

What do you like best?

The Time Entry Section is extremely effective and time saving. The Calendar makes it easy to switch between days and billable employees. The abbreviation short cuts really save us time when entering our billing into the system. The duplicate entry feature is also very convenient and saves a ton of time when you have multiple Clients with the same billing entry.

What do you dislike?

We have run into a few issues with the Trust Account feature interfering with our outstanding balances but after speaking with Ron at TimeSolv he was able to assist us in straightening our issues out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is fairly easy to use once you spend some time using it but there are a lot of features and they can get confusing if you have never used a billing program before.

This question is not relevant to our business

TimeSolv review by Barry L.
Barry L.

"Much Better than using a pen and paper"

What do you like best?

I can immediately input client time from any device and anywhere I may be. It is made capturing time a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I really have no particular dislikes. TimeSolve meets all of my time keeping needs. Though creating a bill could be more user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeping track of time is a breeze. Compiling time spent and expenses outlayed for a particular client is a snap. I would recommend to anyone.

Keeping track of time that I had previously lost. It has been amazing how easy and simply it is to keep track of time.

TimeSolv review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"Timesolv Review"

What do you like best?

I do appreciate that it is very self explanatory and you can easily do your daily entries and reports are easily pulled.

What do you dislike?

I have admin access and there was an issue once with the assigned rates. Ultimately I had to go through all past entries to fix the rates. It would have been amazing if there was a way to easily do this.

I manage a call center so often time we have to go back to apply time if we exceed our forecasted volume. It is a breeze since I am able to do this versus asking for the staff to make the changes, especially at the beginning of the month.

TimeSolv review by Caleb D.
Caleb D.

"Excellent time recording/billing program"

What do you like best?

It does exactly what I need. I am a very small firm. Only two people in my office. I previously used Timeslips and then Chaos Legal. TimeSolv does the job exactly as needed. It has abbreviations (snippets) that are excellent. The program is easy to use. Invoice generation is great. Gives me choices for sending invoices by paper and/or email. No problems whatsoever. I highly recommend if you are looking for a time recording and invoicing program. I like using it. Customer service was excellent. Their outreach to me as a new customer was outstanding.

What do you dislike?

It's just time-management. I am moving to a law practice management system that has time and billing integrated. I would like to continue to use TimeSolv, but because my law practice management software also does time and billing functions, I will likely stop using TimeSolv. The cost of TimeSolv is reasonable. But, since full law practice management software is only a few dollars more per month, it will not make sense for me to keep TimeSolv.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need a time, invoicing program it's excellent and I highly recommend it.

Easy to use, excellent program that records my time and I do not have to spend a lot of time with time entry, maintenance, etc. Invoicing is easy. It's a pleasure to use.

TimeSolv review by Greg J.
Greg J.

"TimeSolv used daily"

What do you like best?

The time and expense keeping aspect. The employees seem to like it as well. It's simple and straightforword

What do you dislike?

Quite a few steps in order to set up various rates for different customers or projects

Recommendations to others considering the product

TimeSolv does capture all information entered. It's only as good as the data that is put into the system. it does help speed the billing process, as we bill on 2 week cycles. Employees seem to like the ease of time and expense entry.

allows for accurate billing of material and time to a project.

TimeSolv review by Murray S.
Murray S.

"A key business foundational tool."

What do you like best?

TimeSolve enables a deep level of time and expense tracking as well as project tracking across a distributed workforce.

What do you dislike?

Would like additional control over report layouts and access to data by role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a UX consulting firm, not law but TimeSolv is a very configurable platform and lends it self well to any type of consulting or service consulting practice.

Eliminate our administration overhead.

Ability to tie into contractors reporting for their billing process while aggregating multiple resources T&M into rolled up invoices. Timesolves granularity in tracking both effort, type and costs against client project plans has increased resource utilization and reduced issues in time tracking.

TimeSolv review by Lee K.
Lee K.

"Time entry and invoicing made simple and easy."

What do you like best?

Setting up clients and matters, time entry, and invoicing is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have a hard time with is the time entry interface does not have a date field. You have to click on the calendar. While it's useful to click on the calendar, it would be nice to have a date field that populates and that can be edited. I've accidentally entered time on the wrong date many times because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Timesolv is perfect for simple time entry, client management, invoicing.

Time entry and billing are far easier than any other software that I've used.

"Very user friendly! "

What do you like best?

It made the transition easy from our antiquated system. It is very easy to learn and is easy to use. The support service team is wonderful; almost always available to answer your questions at a moments notice; and I like the fact that I can schedule one-on-one time with someone to go over specific items.

What do you dislike?

The initial naming convention did not match our current client/matter numbers; however, with the assistance of the support team, we were able to quickly make adjustments to accommodate our clients' billing requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth trying!

This new system has allowed us to get invoices out in half the time of our old system.

TimeSolv review by Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.

"Great product for billing and conflict checks"

What do you like best?

It is very streamlined. easy to find what I need, enter a time entry or a new client, and one tap to sync the app to my online account. I've had a hard time with other time tracking systems because they are clunky and take too long to enter information. This is not the case with TimeSolv. The dashboard and tabs are laid out well and it's overall a really easy system to navigate and use.

It has definitely paid for itself in catching time that I previously lost.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. I know that I need to explore it more.

Solving the problem of lost time and increasing billable hours.

TimeSolv review by Administrator

"Great for a small business"

What do you like best?

Tracks my time and automatically logs it to the assigned client and project, but I can edit it at any time. I love the desktop widget for tracking time as I work rather than having to do so via in the system via my browser. Great to be able to preview invoices with a click. I LOVE the support. Great to be able to talk to a live person and get persaonlaized guidance and solutions with desktop sharing. I expect to need this less and less (only used it 2-3 times so far and I pretty much have everything sorted the way I want it already).

What do you dislike?

It would be good if it were possible to preview reports at a click, just like you can with invoices. I'd like more flexibility with customizing invoices and reports. Some small things are not supported so I do workarounds in excel or in the PDF. The backup service is needlessly expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to track time for projects and bill according to time worked, this is excellent.

It enables me to track time, bill clients easily and easily see what's been worked, what needs to be billed, what's been paid

TimeSolv review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Intuitive Streamed Line Law Practice Software"

What do you like best?

TimeSolv has an easy to use interface that streamlines reviewing, editing and processing invoices. Gone are the days of printing off invoices for review, hand-editing them, manually making adjustments, reprinting and mailing the invoices. With just a few clicks, I can edit the invoices and send them via email to my clients. If the client does not have email - no problem. You can still print and mail them out.

What do you dislike?

Although TimeSolv works with Quickbooks Online, it tends to work better with Quickbooks desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this system for law firms. The various reports, time keeping ability, trust accounting and invoicing features is excellent.

TimeSolv handles all of the timekeeping, trust accounting and invoicing. We still use Quickbooks, but the trust accounting piece of TimeSolv, invoicing and the timekeeping is amazing.

TimeSolv review by Lisa Z.
Lisa Z.

"Legal billing for small family law firm -transition team from our old software was so attentive"

What do you like best?

We were using another billing software for many years. The program was probably a bit bloated for our small family law firm. It was getting pricey to upgrade and support was not part of the pricey software. At another family law firm's suggestion, we migrated to TimeSolv. Some of the features that we were used to seeing in our old software were not part of TimeSolv. One of the main support persons, Tiann put us in touch with the company owner and a lead programmer. I would never have expected a company to listen so closely to a client's request and actually implement. We are now proud to use TimeSolv and have the trust features that we were used to seeing in our old program. Notably, Tiann was very responsive to our team while we learned to use TimeSolv. It took a few weeks and we were up and running. This company has gone out of their way to be responsive. One other notable mention, TimeSolv was the only software that actually delivered on their promise to migrate all of our timeslips from the legacy database. Now, we have all of the legacy database, not just the old client contacts but the entire database in the "cloud". I have contract attorneys who are able to access this secure billing software from outside. Thank you Tiann and the TImeSolv owners and programmer. You guys stuck with us and we are now up and running. Lisa

What do you dislike?

Layout of the remittance page which depicts trust and current amount due could be laid out cleaner. I would like to see the need to "allocate" payments eliminated. If a client pays a bill I'd like to see the payment applied without the need for "allocate" button to be hit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Let Tiann walk you through for a month or two. If you need a "bell and whistle" you aren't finding, ask for it.

Cloud based billing to be accessed across staff in and out of the office

Migrating legacy database so not just contacts show up in TimeSolv

TimeSolv review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Quick, Simple and Easy invoices that look great!"

What do you like best?

The best part of TimeSolv is how easy it is to use and generate professional and easy to manipulate invoices. You can use every aspect of the system which is very robust yet easy to explore and easy to create invoices that are sent off directly to a customer. The customer support is a chat box away as well which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike much of this program at all. I think the biggest downfall is that the mobile application can be utilized a little more efficiently and cleanly. It has limited access as to what you actually can do. It only allows you to input and time times and requires syncs very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use the web based application more than the phone application. I would use a timer to track your time and notepad in the phone instead of using the phone application in the first place.

I am solving invoicing and time tracking for our small business operation and for this information to be utilized by our larger parts and than sent off to customers. This also solves time tracking from the internal and external side so we can confirm hours of billable activity.

TimeSolv review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Full Functionality for Billing and Trust Accounting"

What do you like best?

The trust accounting is by far the best feature. It allows you to establish multiple trust accounts within each client. It also doesn't allow you to utilize more trust funds than what is available.

What do you dislike?

The systems tends to get really slow at times. It can take several seconds for a screen to load. They have also done an update that doesn't allow for a search of trust accounting by a particular client. Instead it's all transactions with certain groupings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sync functionality is amazing - when used correctly. Be sure you are reviewing your data for duplicates (typically user errors).

I'm a trust accountant - and that's where my area of expertise lies. With that said, all of my clients utilize multiple systems to get everything accomplished (billing, bookkeeping, trust accounting, etc.). TimeSolv makes it a breeze to reconcile the multiple systems with it's sync functionality and detailed reporting.

TimeSolv review by Poonam J.
Poonam J.

"Always great customer service from Gigi!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software and the ability of consultants to enter their time online anytime and from anywhere. We can use that information to generate invoices with few clicks.

What do you dislike?

It has become harder to reach customer service rep.

The ability to enter time online and generate bills from that is a big plus for B+B.

TimeSolv review by Mary Jeanne L.
Mary Jeanne L.

"Moving to TimeSolv Cloud Based Billing was a great decision for our firm."

What do you like best?

Some of the best things about TimeSolv is that it is very user friendly and cloud based billing gives staff the ability to work from anywhere. Our firm was previously using TimeSlips and TimeSolv has been a blessing. In addition, we have been working with Billing Expert Tiann Stout who is extremely knowledgeable and responsive. She has helped us with setting up TimeSolv for our office and also with up-loading our bills to websites such as, Tymetrix, Legal-X, Bottomline and LSS. Working with her has been a great experience and I would recommend her and TimeSolv to anyone looking for a new billing system.

What do you dislike?

I have been working with TimeSolv for a little more than a month and truly have not found anything I dislike.

Cloud based billing allows all staff to work from wherever they are which helps them keep track of their time.

TimeSolv review by Barbara C.
Barbara C.

"Happy Again"

What do you like best?

Two way syncing with Quickbooks. Easy web based interface. Easy billing with lots of custom settings.

Ability to import data from previous systems. Quick implementation.

Love the Retainers/Trust options. Works very well.

True Aged AR. Able to adjust/write off invoices in the correct current accounting period.

What do you dislike?

Would like a split matter billing. Would like to be able to customize the invoices a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free trial for 30 days so you have plenty of time to test out all the features. Tech support is free and helpful, though I seems they are very busy, so response times can be slow.

Timekeeping and billing. Syncing with Quickbooks. Tracking Retainer being held.

Now, the system and are books will always match.

TimeSolv review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Customer Service Outstanding"

What do you like best?

It took me some time to get used to a new system and I had to call customer service several times. Each time my questions were answered, the staff was not rushed and it was seamless. Twice I have been lucky to speak with Tiann and she has been fantastic!

What do you dislike?

I have to remember lots of steps...but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Merging several projects into one easy to understand bill has been tough on us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the learning curve is steep once you get the hang of it it gets much easier. The customer support rocks.

Time management, billing multiple clients and we love the fact that it is not software based but in the cloud.Helps with recovery.

TimeSolv review by Meredith B.
Meredith B.

"Satisfactory and user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly navigation throughout the site, the preview feature in the draft invoices, and the numerous options for downloading an invoice into different forms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of connectability to accounting software, the sync feature is fine but improvements can be made so that it syncs better.

Billing, time keeping benefits and search options/reports are good for AR purposes.

TimeSolv review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Timesolv Review"

What do you like best?

Gives me an good picture of my weekly and monthly billing amounts without having to scroll through each day. I get a quick picture of the monthly revenue simply by logging in each day.

What do you dislike?

I still have a hard time figuring out payments between my trust account and IOLTA and marking bills as paid. I also think the reports need to be more streamlined. There really needs to be a report of all time billed on a case. I also cannot sync this program with QuickBooks due to the windows version I have. So I actually have to run an "income" report in Timesolv and then a QB report on expenses, profits, etc.

I can easily determine if I'm hitting my billing targets each day and week without having to search and run reports.

TimeSolv review by Colleen T.
Colleen T.

"Timesolv is a timesaver!"

What do you like best?

Timesolv links with my credit card processing program, so credit card payments are automatically incorporated into the billing.

What do you dislike?

The billing invoice is a bit difficult to follow, especially the trust account designations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fabulous program and so easy and efficient to use!

Billing used to take so much time that the bills were not getting out on a monthly basis. Now, the entries are made on a daily basis because it is so simple and quick, that all that is needed at the end of the month is to hit one key and the bill is created. One more key, and the bill is emailed to the client!

User in Law Practice

"It is easy to get used to, and customer service is great. It is fairly intuitive."

What do you like best?

I can keep track of my cases in the "notes" section, and I can keep track of my financial data in several sections. It is a "cloud" based program, so I don't have to worry about losing important data should my computer crash. The customer service department has been very helpful and has put up with my many calls for instructions on using something I hadn't tried before.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough fields for telephone numbers or address information. If you are on one page of a case, you have to take too many steps to get to another page of the same case. There is a learning curve to understanding how to find payment, escrow deposit, and expense charge data. I still am learning how to find time entry data without downloading a series of old invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good choice.

I am able to keep a running diary of my case activity. I am able to bill by clients for time and expenses.

TimeSolv review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"TimeSolv plays all the right notes for me"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up. Simple to maintain. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that TimeSolv doesn't do that I need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I am a single user of the product I can only share my experience. Not sure how the product scales for larger implementations etc. I can tell you that the software works for me, the price is reasonable compared to other products I see in the market. I have not had an issue for over 2 years but when I did the service team was johnny-on-the-spot with help and answers.

As an independent ERP consultant. A one-man band so to speak. So it is important that I am able to submit my invoices to my clients as easily and quickly as I can. I normally travel to the client site during the week and back home for the weekend. I don't want to spend my weekend doing paperwork. TimeSolv allows me to keep my T&E on a daily basis and then on Saturday morning wrap it all up and invoice it. I can then easily transfer the information to Quickbooks and its' job done before anyone else in the house is even awake on Saturday morning.

User in Law Practice

"Good for Attorney Billing"

What do you like best?

Timesolv is very good for logging in time per day. It's ease of logging in time takes less time than other attorney billing software that the office has used. It also will allow no charges per bill if professional courtesy is given.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions do not work and are not intuitive. The retainer account function works very poorly. It still takes about four hours to finish the bills as the retainer account function is so bad and everything has to be put in manually. Also, if one wants to switch from one page to the next the page has to be saved otherwise the data is lost. I hate that at the end before the bills are sent out, that we have to put the function on "print" instead of a preview button, the print function has to download, then we have to void to draft and then send it to a client by e-mail. The e-mail to the client does not appear to be encrypted. Finally, there is no interface with box.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the retainer part of the software as it is very bad. Have it integrate with box.com. Have a preview section of the bill. Make the software more user friendly. It should not take four hours to do bills with Timesolv.

It takes me four hours to complete these bills as the product doesn't work seamlessly. I have had it about three months now and it is still taking me too much of my time. I could use that time to work on billable matters, but have to get the bills out.

TimeSolv review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Timesolv review"

What do you like best?

It pretty is easy to use. The time-keeping feature can also be very helpful when billing a long amount of work. I also like how all my billing for the day can be seen in one screen.

The expenses entry screen is not very effective.

What do you dislike?

When you add a new case under a client, you have to re-add the contact of that client to that case. This add additional work and is not efficient. There is no option that I can see to add a contact that already exists in the Timesolv system.

I also wish that viewing Billings can be more customizable and organized. For example, going through the Timesolv calendar day by day to find your Billings is inefficient. There should be a more organized, simple, and customizable way to do this.

I have experienced a more organized billing process; the final bill that we five to clients are pretty easy to read and go over. Adding time to cases is also more easily done and the entry bars are simple and quite user friendly. If I had no training on how to use TS, I still would not have found it difficult to find my way around.

TimeSolv review by Darla M.
Darla M.

"Pretty positive"

What do you like best?

What I like best about TimeSolv is that this software provides all the needs I'm looking for in a billing program.

What do you dislike?

I feel that it is not user friendly as far as navigating through the site. It takes a few extra steps to get to the page I'm wanting to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have really enjoyed working with Gigi and the excellent customer support she provides!

We initially went with TimeSolv to help with our electronic billing. This has helped us move forward in getting our electronic bills sent out.

"Effecient and intuitive"

What do you like best?

The basic features one would expect from a time keeping and billing system are efficient and intuitive. Time entry is a breeze. The availability of customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

What do you dislike?

We are just getting started with Timesolv and still working out issues for it to integrate with quickbooks online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The initial set up is easy and the time entry and bill preparing features are very intuitive. Also, the trial time is very reasonable compared to Clio. The video tutorials are very helpful and customer support is top notch and I get to a live person almost immediately.

Compared to the time keeping system at my previous firm, time entry is very efficient and easy.

TimeSolv review by ELISE C.
ELISE C.

"Stellar Time Management Software"

What do you like best?

The ease of flow from draft invoice to final.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the set up for entering a new matter. It's very complicated. I also do not like that often customer service is not available to help.

For a small law firm, TimeSolv is a solve for its low price, accessibility, and simplicity.

User in Law Practice

"Adequate, but far from what you'd like to have as a small firm"

What do you like best?

Web based allows us to have multiple offices without expensive dedicated data connections.

What do you dislike?

Time entry is cumbersome, mainly matter lookup in TS is painfully slow. We have several thousand matters and sometimes the system "thinks" for 10-20 seconds while you search for a matter to enter time on.

The reporting functions are ok, but could be much better.

Integration with other software (like tax software or QuickBooks) is miserable and essentially non existent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large number of matters, plan on spending quite a bit of time waiting for TS to process/think.

Problems solved - eliminated need for expensive T1/T3 connestions.

Benefits realized, not many.

"Great Billing Software"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate and set up client accounts. I especially like being able to put in time from the desktop TimeSync. It makes entering in your time on a case a lot quicker. Great Product!

What do you dislike?

We are still using Quick books to do our checks and accounting. So, it would be great to one day be able to write checks and do the accounting from Timesolv. In the meantime, it functions great with Quickbooks.

It is great that all the employees have access to TImeSolv to be able to check expenses or Trust balances in an account. The system is easy to navigate.

TimeSolv review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"TimeSolv is an excellent, simple to use time-entry and invoicing system with good customer support"

What do you like best?

TimeSolv is intuitive and easy to use. The program opens to the time-entry page. Entering time and generating invoices is quick and simple. The Dashboard is logical and uncluttered. TimeSolv synchs with QuickBooks Online.

What do you dislike?

Undoing something can be difficult, but TimeSolv does that intentionally to prevent accidental deletions and voiding. So, although its difficult to delete items, I appreciate that the system makes it difficult to accidentally remove items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TimeSolv is a simple, easy to use time-entry, invoicing and trust/escrow account system. It does exactly what we want it to do.

TimeSolv lets our attorneys enter their own time and generate their own client invoices. Saves the cost of administrative/secretarial support for these tasks.

User in Law Practice

"TimeSolv solved my electronic billing issues"

What do you like best?

For the most part, I was able to learn how to use the billing system on my own. However, I have always been able to contact a TimeSolv representative if I have questions.

What do you dislike?

Sub-task codes have to be manually entered if a code is entered and a change needs to be made while making a time entry.

There is definitely a learning curve when figuring out how to consolidate all time entries for an invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to contact TimeSolv for assistance when you are learning the system.

I was required to send legal invoices in a Ledes format. The TimeSolv billing system offers the Ledes format and allows me to prepare invoices for clients who require that format.

"Outstanding service"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is prompt and helpful. When you call, you reach a person usually, or they call you right back. They are continually updating the product with useful content, often based on customer suggestions. Program is easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Spell checking invoices and adding finance charges is a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would most definitely give it a try. It takes some consideration to switch everything over, but they are very helpful in the transition. I have been very happy with it.

I was looking for a product that would integrate with Quickbooks, so that I could avoid double entry of costs passed on to clients. This billing program is so much simpler and workable than the other options available.

TimeSolv review by Avi F.
Avi F.

"Wonderful time and billing software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Billing process is super fast. Mobile and desktop apps. Quickbooks sync.

What do you dislike?

The way payments are allocated to specific invoices could be streamlined. Trust accounting is not helpful in how it is implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For attorneys, this is a great product. It is fast and reasonably intuitive to use after a few minutes understanding the setup.

I moved from a slow and buggy desktop legal practice program, which while functional was utterly infuriating to Timesolv, which has been a revelation.

TimeSolv review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Long Time User"

What do you like best?

TimeSolv is totally adaptable to almost any service business--legal, accounting, etc. I have setup the account and charging codes to fit my business and I'm not restricted into some standard verbiage set by someone who does not understand my business or my clients. It operates almost seamlessly in the background. The program has almost complete flexibility in charges and work codes. Although I haven't needed to use it, the program would give me the documentation necessary if I were involved in a worker productivity dispute.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the program does not have a better catalogue of "helps." When I have a problem, I must call or email my question. I think that having various Q & A online would speed along the process. I have never had to wait any amount of time for a contact during the work week. Problems on weekends sometimes do cause a problem.

I wish that I could delete old clients easier. Now the account needs to be cleared which takes time. I would like to be able to just delete "dead" guys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A trial period is offered and I would advise taking advantage of it. The learning curve is a bit steep. Time and patience will out.

As a CPA in public practice, I need to have a reasonable means to bill my clients for time expended. Since I have several employees, I am able to customize the billing cycle to account for different skill levels, charge rates, and functions. I am able to justify charges based on the time spent to any client who asks for a breakdown.

TimeSolv review by howard l.
howard l.

"Best Time Keeping and Billing System Around, Flexible and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

East of entry both on laptop, iPad and iphone. It is intuitive and simple. The flexibility in creating hundreds of clients with unique billing templates and billing options is what did it for my firm. I have tried them all over many years and this is the first program that accomplished everything we needed. Reporting is quick and easy and I can't imagine using a different program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. I like that it does one thing, billing and invoicing. I don't like the programs that try to be everything for everybody.

Time recording, billing and reporting. It is so easy to capture time and expenses so I don't lose income

TimeSolv review by Winnifred W.
Winnifred W.

"TimeSolv is relatively easy to use and has great customer support"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding existing clients for billing purposes and setting up new matters.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I cannot see or adjust the actual stop and start times on the automatic clock.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good starter program for new law firms

I have been able to use TimeSolv to create "fixed fee" billing for some clients.

TimeSolv review by Julia R.
Julia R.

"Great product, great customer service, pleasure to work with"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy working with TimeSolv team and Ron Reinart, our account rep, in particular. Always on top of our requests and he always follows up .

What do you dislike?

I prefer if Timesolv had more reports, more complex reports. We used to work with Timeslips database before and I liked their report options. Reports in Timesolv are pre-set and not so much room for modifications

trying to put all our team on timely billable time entries and still half way there! Absolutly Timesolv is more user friendly than Timeslips and so far met our expectations

Learn more about TimeSolv

TimeSolv Videos

Learning about TimeSolv?

* We monitor all TimeSolv reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare TimeSolv to Similar Solutions