TinyTake

(5 reviews)

TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is ideally suited for anyone who is doing online customer support, customer documentation, educational videos or just want's to take the hassle out of capturing screenshots. TinyTake makes the whole process of capturing or recording super easy & fast.

Work for TinyTake?

Learning about TinyTake?

TinyTake Reviews

Showing 5 TinyTake reviews
TinyTake review by User in Warehousing
User in Warehousing

"Extremely lightweight, simple video recorder that does exactly what I need it for"

What do you like best?

-Global Hotkey so that I can start quick recording any time

-Videos are saved in the cloud rather than only local copies

-Record both video and sound, for free, without any watermarking

-Easy URL creation so that I can attach videos to stories, or I can save local copies (which is what most editors do, but isn't ideal)

What do you dislike?

-The only complaint I can come up with is that 'Cntrl R' default hotkey for start/stop recording has thrown me for a loop a few times, being that I use this hotkey to refresh the browser I am recording without thinking about it (causing video to start and stop)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't anything I was able to find on the market that I could use to capture quick, simple videos with less than a few seconds of overhead

-Great for recapping problematic software issues with UI

-Also great for user training videos

-Meeting Recordings

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TinyTake
TinyTake review by Bryon S.
Bryon S.

"Such POWER in a "tiny" package..."

What do you like best?

The flexibility of using the keyboard shortcuts to do a quick copy/paste job; or launch it right into an editor for annotation. Automatically saving to cloud (or local) storage based on account settings. I do not use the video capture as frequently as the screen capture, but it's super simple to use when needed. The number of features for FREE.

What do you dislike?

Default keyboard shortcut for the video capture easy to press when trying to forward emails via Outlook... "fat finger" is on my side though; not the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn all the keyboard shortcuts.

Screen capture with annotation (boxes, arrows, text) allow me to quickly add visual queues to support tickets I am logging for our development team. The ability to quickly record a section of my monitor including mouse movement for more difficult to explain bugs/tasks greatly reduces questions.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

TinyTake review by User

"TinyTake does a screen-capture Big Job"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use with multiple capture options including video, has cloud save capability as well as local, and they have a free version.

What do you dislike?

Its really funky to install on a secured, networked platform. And I would suggest the create an un-boxed text annotation capability - if you make the box stroke the same color as the box background, the text disappears since it uses the same stroke color. Skitch does this part better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may need to get IT involved in installation - I did. Also the free version will only take 5 minute video clips then automatically shuts off. If you need to take longer ones, the subscription is probably worthwhile.

capturing screens for commenting on web pages during development and update processes.

TinyTake review by User

"Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Simple instructions and simple graphics I like that it stays on my tool bar. Very easy to upload videos to youtube. Very easy to send to customers as well.

What do you dislike?

The video does not shut off automatically

Showing customers how to work through a process in our software

TinyTake review by User in Computer Software

"Great Software for screenshots and video"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to take screenshots and videos and have them save locally or cloud based.

What do you dislike?

I havent found anything I dislike about it.

Ease of documenting issues with screenshots or videos.

Learning about TinyTake?

* We monitor all TinyTake reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.