Tipalti

Tipalti

Automate mass payment to global partners and providers

Work for Tipalti?

Learning about Tipalti?

Tipalti Reviews

Ask Tipalti a Question
Showing 17 Tipalti reviews
Tipalti review by Wendy W.
Wendy W.

"Partnership with Tipalti and mobileFUSED"

What do you like best?

Tipalti has a great system to flag potential fraud. We have been able to pinpoint fraud prior to processing payments. The amounts of payments that were processed but held due to the Tipalti fraud flagging has significantly helped offset some of the costs we incur using Tipalti. We are able to determine if a payee sets up more than one account which has allowed us to find a string of payees that were fraud prior to paying out all of their accounts.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see if a payee is Payable or Unpayable in the Bills list (we pay payees by selecting bills as opposed to uploading one payable file). I only find out about some payments that were unpayable AFTER the payment is processed. Therefore, I have added a step to review Payees and their status (if previously unpayable) to determine if they are now payable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the training courses TIpalti offers to fully understand the product prior to set up. By the time I processed my first payments I was comfortable with the whole process and it went smoothly.

In addition to the fraud, we also use Tipalti to streamline the onboarding process. By automating the process I've been able to free up some of my time to put towards other projects. By having Tipalti embedded into our portal it is getting users into our system more and utilizing the tools we offer as a company. By having payees enter their own banking info it eliminates any keying errors that could be made on my end.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tipalti
Tipalti review by Christopher H.
Christopher H.

"Fantastic Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Whenever I have a payment related questions, I have reached out to the Support team and received a near instant response from a customer service representative. They have managed to resolve all of my issues. I also like their simple user interface. Detailed reports are very easily exported which I directly upload into my accounting software for easy bookkeeping and reconciliations.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to sent multiple payments to one payee that is received as one payment by them and they can also get the details of their payment. (Ie. I will send Thomas_9 5 payments of $200. They would received $1,000 in their bank but receive an email detailing the breakdown.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main benefits of Tipalti are their seamless import of payment files and their rapid pace of customer service. On many occasions I have submitted a payment inquiry and I have received a response and a resolution within 5 minutes.

We pay numerous photographers around the world on a weekly basis. Tipalti helps coordinate these payments and helps resolve coordinating queries from individual financial institutions. The main benefit we realized with Tipalti over other payment services is the breadth of coverage on a global scale. .

What AP Automation solution do you use?

Tipalti review by Teale M.
Teale M.

"Good concept, Needs improvement"

What do you like best?

It's an easy iFrames interface embedded in the website code that is seamless to the end user. I like the TIN Validation and the Risk Mgmt module. I especially like the ability to pay using several methods with the push of a button although we have not utilized this functionality yet so I can't comment on how well it works. This is just what I"ve heard.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that TIN validation is a manual process that requires us to monitor the updates on our end and notify support when it wasn't processed as expected. I also don't like that we can have duplicates push to our ERP because we don't have the Risk Mgmt module turned on which requires more manual intervention to eliminate. I also don't like that we are unable to make manual updates to our partner information in the Tipalti system. For example, we have hundreds of partners that were registered before Tipalti was implemented but we can't manually load their tax forms into the system because the form in the iFrames is a legal document. Makes sense, just a bit inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put the use cases together for what your desired solution needs are and have that demonstrated to your end users for full buy-in before go live.

** I was not involved in the implementation of this tool so I can not comment on anything other than after go-live experiences.

We are solving the problem of having one location where our partners can register to be paid and all of the payout information is located. The benefit, TIN Validation occurs before we pay our partners and Finance has a single source for payment info.

Tipalti review by Van G.
Van G.

"Great customer service but missing some features"

What do you like best?

Amazing customer service. The support team responds to my requests really quick. Usually within an hour - a few hours.

What do you dislike?

Reporting feature is complicated. I usually need to pull a couple of different report to get everything I need. For example when our CFO reviews the submitted payments, there isn't a way for him to quickly review what the invoices are related to (doesn't show invoice description), he would have to click on each invoice individually.

Once processed, the invoice can not be changed, even by the final approver. This causes difficulty because we'll have to manually change the invoice description on Netsuite and make a request for the Tipalti team to change this for us.

The Pending scan process takes longer that it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to invest more in user interface

Automation. Audit trail for billing approver. Vendor records all in one place. Easy to process 1099s at year end.

Tipalti review by Administrator

"World Class Service - where many fall short, Tipalti delivers."

What do you like best?

It's very comforting to know that Tipalti stands behind their service - quite literally - ensuring that the implementation process is as smooth as possible. Creating a dynamic shift in a process so critical and important to a business (as cash is king), it was amazing to have people dedicated to ensure our success.

What do you dislike?

Any of the stumbles in the implementation process were as a result of a complex reporting structure, and nuances with entity reporting. Again, this dislike was easily mitigated through Tipalti's implementation and onboarding teams. We truly cannot thank them enough for the countless calls and emails to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put in infrastructure your business will need tomorrow, today. Think compliance, think new jurisdictions.

Fundamentally one problem, how to scale our finance operations so that our team - hired for our brains - can spend time solving strategic business problems rather than on administrative tasks.

Tipalti review by Richard F.
Richard F.

"Tipalti: A decent platform for mass payments"

What do you like best?

Making mass payments are a breeze. Detect feature does help identify fraud in the early stages.

What do you dislike?

Reports are all set formats. It would be better reports could be customized to users' needs.

We have thousands of suppliers need to be paid frequently with different withholding tax rates. Tipalti is able to collect the relevant tax forms, apply the correct tax rates and pay the correct amount after deducting taxes. It is almost impossible to manage all these tasks without an integrated system like Tipalti.

Tipalti review by Administrator

"A very good automated payments system that could be excellent with a few additions"

What do you like best?

-easy to pay selected invoices in batches

-easy to train non acct types to use

-easy to onboard new vendors/suppliers

What do you dislike?

-no 1099 automation yet

-cannot have multiple payment setup for a single user yet

-doesn't sync with our ERP yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup with the team was easy.

Ongoing admin: Tipalti operations are fairly easy and straightforward. The rub is that we have to do a lot of reconciliation and double entry with our current ERP to sync data between Tipalti and ERP. Tipalti has a road map for integration of many common ERPs so this may not be a problem for too long.

When we implemented Tipalti, we stopped cutting in-house checks. This eases dealing with banking systems like ACH or Wire transfer modules which can be tedious in bulk.

Tipalti review by Joshua A.
Joshua A.

"Very Happy With Tipalti"

What do you like best?

The customer service. We get responses back to queries rather quickly. Easy user interface.

What do you dislike?

Not much I don't like. It's fairly easy for all parties to use and our partners have said positive things about their experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to make your lives easier!

The ability to pay a lot of people very quickly.

Tipalti review by Melanie R.
Melanie R.

"Tipalti - Great for Mass Payouts!"

What do you like best?

Tipalti makes paying hundreds of contractors per week reliable and easy!

What do you dislike?

Tipalti's UI is clunky at best. It works well but is just ugly.

We are a marketplace platform that pays contractors weekly. Tipalti allows us to create bills via the API, collect contractor W9s securely, generate 1099s annually - and all at a very reasonable cost!

Tipalti review by User in Internet

"Huge Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Tipalti can process many payment types based on vendor preference. Being able to initiate wires, checks, and ACH all at the same time has cut processing time for our AP cycles down significantly. The approvals process is easy to use. We have not yet implemented the iFrame integration, but love the idea of it and cannot wait to allow our vendors to have direct control over updating their payment preferences and viewing payment history.

What do you dislike?

They do not yet sync with QBO - I am told this is coming in a few months

Time saving, Payment transparency, increased security through approvals process, increased compliance through data validation.

Tipalti review by User

"Tipalti is great and convenient"

What do you like best?

The best feature is that our payees can login to see their payment information and we no longer have to mail out hundreds of statements.It is a fast and easy process for our payees to register then receive their money by either ACH or check. Also they can update their own contact, bank or payment preference and tax information on their own at any time.

What do you dislike?

At first, obtaining the details for the payments is not a user friendly process. However, after going through it once, our payees can easily navigate the system on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Videos to send Payees on how to register or find information would be of great assistance.

we are saving money on postage and paper since we are no longer mailing out hundreds of statements and checks or deposit notices. Tipalti has been a real time saver!

"Well-organized"

What do you like best?

Tipalti doesn't require a complicated learning curve to get the hang of. It's quite simple to use, and the relevant information is clearly displayed. Additionally, their customer service is very quick to respond and generally resolves problems reliably.

What do you dislike?

Tipalti could use better search lookup (currently done using arbitrary ID numbers), and also can occasionally have some strange system log-in issues (although customer service resolves this issue quickly).

Helps with organizing vendor payments and integrates with our system to keep track of accounting.

Tipalti review by Bert R.
Bert R.

"Tipalit is working great for our new company"

What do you like best?

Since we were new to Tipalti, we knew that we would require a great deal of support from Tipalti's tech team...and that was exactly what we got. Each and everytime we had a questions we simply contacted customer support and they responded right away via e-mail and sometimes a phone call. That was greatly appreciated!

What do you dislike?

to be honest, we haven't found anything as yet that concerns us.

We are an MLM company with many affiliates and we're using Tipalti to collect the tax information that's required and to make the monthly commission payments to our affiliates..

Tipalti review by User

"Electronic payments and TIN Validation"

What do you like best?

Options for payments, TIN validation, and international coverage

What do you dislike?

When a supplier enters a TIN before Tipalti has received the validation information it is difficult to rerun the same information. It blocks the ability to run the validation a second time. I wish we could rerun their information without having to have it done manually. I also wish it was integrated with our internal system/database.

No more mailing checks, 1099s have correct information.

Tipalti review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"Tipalti is a great option"

What do you like best?

Tipalti has been such a life saver in terms of getting payments out in large batches and managing over 1,000 payees. I was handling everything by hand prior to Tipalti or using online banking, and by switching I have saved so much time. The process of getting set up and migrating some data over took some time and brain power, but Tipalti was right beside me the whole way. The support staff has been great and are always willing to help.

What do you dislike?

The biggest con for me right now is just not being able to quickly see a check image. I have to request that through support. It usually doesn't take long, but it is an extra step. With that said, it isn't THAT big of a con :)

Increased efficiency; decreased errors; increased payee self-management of personal details

"Easy and efficient!"

What do you like best?

Efficiency and streamline process. Amazing customer service as well!

What do you dislike?

Nothing as I've had amazing experience so far.

We have solved the biggest issue of validating tax forms info (W9, W-8) and had made it simpler for payees to understand the importance of submitting them. The benefits of ensuring we capture valid information that will assist in submitting our year-end 1099 forms is substantial.

Tipalti review by User

"Mostly communicate with the support team, appreciate the prompt replies"

What do you like best?

Support and Compliance teams are prompt and helpful

What do you dislike?

The payment process is not so clear to me as a Customer Care Manager

Resolve specific users' payment issues

Learn more about Tipalti

Tipalti Videos

Learning about Tipalti?

* We monitor all Tipalti reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.