TMetric

TMetric provides time tracking, work session monitoring, reporting tools, integrations and much more features, which help organizations and individuals to effectively manage work time and increase their productivity.
Learn more

Great time-tracking software

February 22, 2018

Davor T.
Developer at Programski atelje A&Z d.o.o.

What do you like best?

It provides one with list of open apps and web pages, to easily identify the actual work that has been done. Reports are extensive and can already prepare a good basis for invoicing the clients.

There is also an Android version of the app available, that covers all of the basic functionality and make for even better use of TMetric.

What do you dislike?

We didn't find anything, that we would disprove. Sometimes a web service is unavailable for a very short time though, but since the timer is running after Your login, and since You are able to enter the corrections post-festum, it doesn't represent some serious problem.

Maybe somewhen in the future, an effort could be made to make some sort of an easy task/project selection/new entry upon start/stop operation, to make things even easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your job is mainly done at the computer, TMetric will accurately and reliably take care of timekeeping. There will be no doubts over "what was I doing then" anymore.

The reports are extensive and configurable, as well as data can be exported and used in another program if necessary. There is also an API, but I haven't use it yet, since the basic TMetric interface covers all of our needs.

It's use is simple and straightforward, and since there are also mobile apps of TMetric available, one can use it practically anywhere.

Time tracking. We are now able to make detailed reports to clients with really little effort and almost no time spent.

Great Integrations for G Suite Products

November 22, 2017

Chris V.
Your Chief Knowledge Advisor
Information Services, 2-10 employees

What do you like best?

I am a fan of G Suite and Google Keep but since Google hadn't opened up the API for Keep there has not been a lot of integrations. I searched through Zapier and a number of other time tracking apps to see how we could use Google Keep for our task management but it kept proving to be more difficult. I just happened to stumble across TMetric. We signed up for the free account and learned how the platform works. They are still new but the software is very impressive and the integration with everything Google is AWESOME! I also like that we can set up a client login for more demanding clients that want to track the hours spent in real time.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I have right now is NOT really a negative. However, since the G Suite integration is new, they have it set up to easily connect to projects and tabs but not "accounts". TMetric has a feature that allows you to create multiple accounts for you as a user. I was originally going to do this so I had an account for each of my companies but when I tried to test the time tracking from within G Suite, it didn't let me switch accounts. Since I noticed it early, I just decided not to use "Accounts" and created a "Project" for each company. I believe this will work just fine and therefore is NOT something keeping us from using TMetric. It is just something to be aware of before you start setting up a number of accounts. The only other "dislike" could just be because they are still new and is TRUMPED by the fact they have Google Keep integration. We do a lot with Zapier and there is not at this time an integration for Zapier but as I said before, the Google Keep integration...

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing is very competitive which is important when looking at a time tracking application. There are a number of time tracking applications out there and some go WAY above what the normal user wants or even needs. TMetric is perfect for anyone who is looking for a simple way to track time between projects and is an active G Suite user. Their mobile app and desktop app also work well. I would say that the most important thing is to take a few minutes to determine HOW you are going to set up your projects and tags. Once I played around with the system for a few minutes, I was able to go in and determine how to name our projects and then how to create tags. I'll give an example. I created a project with our company name to use for "business development" purposes and tasks associated with growing our company. I then created tags that are universal across all projects. These include: Article/Blog, Social Media, Website Development, On-line Support, Email Marketing, etc. I hope this...

As my company grows and we have started to get more clients that are "billable" instead of just retained, we needed a solution that allowed us to simplify our task and project management tracking. We were trying to move to using more of G Suite as we have Chromebooks for many of our support staff. This leads to wanting to use Google Keep for task and project management. TMetric has an integration that works in the web version of G Suite and that includes Google Keep. I have not found other time trackers that integrate easily with Google Keep so this was a HUGE plus. Their simple to use platform and clean design makes it easy to operate which is also a plus.

The complement for your Task Manager

July 28, 2017

Amir S.
Analista tributário em IntelliComm - Sistemas para Automação Comerical
11-50 employees

What do you like best?

- Is simple and easy to use;

-Has Integrations with project manegers;

-Have clear interface and simple layouts;

-Track team activities per day and week;

-You can print to pdf your timer;

-Control over time Entry and Breaks;

-Desktop app can track time on browsing;

-Reminder on tasks left unpaused;

Tmetric was the missing piece in our team. And it is so easy to getting used to, that we can't imagine working without it anymore.

What do you dislike?

This is hard, I don't think I have anything to dislike right now. Maybe a "autopause" feature, or a alert when you go on a task further then your work time. But it's not essential to the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to keep track of time spend on tasks, have full reports on those tasks, and what your teams is working on, this is the software for you. It has other features in the professional mode, that I didn't tested but overeall, is a great simple way to keep time traking on tasks, and is just perfect for me right now.

I wanted to keep track on how long it took to complete certain tasks in order to improve our work flow and where can we improve. I believe we accomplish that, and now we can prioritize tasks by time and efford.

It's very easy and works perfect.

June 12, 2017

Pragnesh C.
Founder & CEO at AARTICIANPC INFOTECH

What do you like best?

- Integration with other project management tools like Trello

- Works without capturing any screenshot.

- Also indicates about forgot to stop timers and inactivity.

- Provides clear idea about activity with great UI.

- Easy to track records of each task and assigned to members.

- Easy to switch between tasks via desktop application.

- Easy to getting used to with it.

- Easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

This is not dislikes but it can be something like to have.

- When I am creating any board and start timer for it, it will create project in Tmetric but when one of my team member is creating board then its not creating any project. I think this feature should be added.

- It would be great to have desktop application which will also support to create tasks directly from it.

- Support for Mac system would great for desktop application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will definitely recommend TMetric to other team members who is small and looking for free solution that completes almost every record you require to check your team activity. Its easy to use, easy to setup and integrates with almost all major daily useful applications.

I have been using it more than 2 months and it definitely helps me to get the result I needed.

I am able to analyze my team members activity very well. It helps me a lot to monitoring and their performance about each task I assigned to them.

Need help finding the right software?
Chat with a G2 Guide

Great time/project management tool

June 19, 2018

Richard S.

5001-10,000 employees

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple to add projects and document time spent.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little plain and you cannot add a project directly from the extension, you have to follow an external link and do so via the website. Other than that this application and it's supplementary programmes provides our agency with the necessary tools to manage both projects and time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out - the free program and extension provides more than enough to fulfill any evaluation needs you may have.

Time and project management solutions, we use it to monitor time spent on various activities. The ability to segregate activities into various projects allows us to effectively evaluate where our time is being spent. The reporting and monitoring tools effectively allow us to easily see how where we are effectively, or not so effectively spending our time. Our agency implements the software company-wide which means our administrative agents can see at a glance, or in detail what our employees are spending their time working on. We have been able to use the reporting tools to enhance our existing governance and compliance policies. This allows us to see where we are effectively spending our budgets (both time and money), and also where we are overspending. We also use this tool, as a supplement to other project management tools which allows us to see how our projects are tracking time and budget wise, on a more gestalt level.

You've filled the gap

February 12, 2017

Jan K.
Senior Software Architect at Mautic
Internet

What do you like best?

* Trello plugin

* Billing estimates

* Notification if I work for waaay too long

What do you dislike?

* Kind of calendar with days do I can fill days I've worked but didn't track

* The top menu, It' would be cool to have it in two rows

* Cannot merge tasks, I have created task and later started trackuing using the plugin for trello, the ticket created by trello i way better (the inner link), but I cannot merge it with previously tracked time

* Time Range. You should be able to set eithwer this year or to set set the end of date range to 'TODAY' value, so I don't have to change it every day

IT, Company Work Flow software, Analytics, Cash Flow. Time tracking and billing is nice, invoicing would be ven better.

Learning about TMetric?